Are you ready for Disney to buy WB?

Are you ready for Disney to buy WB?

Attached: AD4E8DD1-E269-4D6C-94E0-5AD5D6331A8B.jpg (750x764, 373K)

They would have to buy AT&T first.

Company wars are cancer, you're cancer, and Yea Forums in general is cancer

The more likely scenario would be AT&T selling DC to Disney, but even then there would probably be anti-trust laws to prevent it.

All for it, Wonder Woman can even be Thor’s pity cocksleeve. It’s how he burns off the calories after Endgame.

you again? what's with this very specific fetish?

and you still care?

Attached: 1530260191199.jpg (1200x3026, 1.14M)

This would literally be impossible. Not only for how much it costs but the antitrust lawsuits

fuck that, buy spiderman properly instead

One of the russos is a big batfag. No thanks. I don’t want batman wank

Considering they don't give a shit about Diamond, I don't think they would care.

Yes DC fans
Say hello to gay characters, SJW agenda and a lot of shirtless actors and ugly actresses

Mods

Besides the anti-trust concerns, which given that people are now seriously talking about unwinding the sale of Instagram to Facebook and forcing FB to sell Instagram or spin-it off as a solo company, Disney would never be able to buy another big two comic publisher given that they own the other one.

In addition to that, DC Entertainment throws off in the billions of dollars to Warner Brothers. Just the sales of the trades and graphic novels throws off nearly $1B and the live action TV shows were throwing off $1B in PROFIT alone just a few years ago.

There's no sensible or logical business reason for AT&T to sell off a successful piece of Warner's business, especially one that creates and can create a lot of IP licensing opportunities.

Comic book publishing and direct sales through Diamond are approximately 20% of the $5B or so that DC was grossing the last time their profits and gross were publicly reported. Whatever the fuck Diamond is doing is meaningless in this discussion.

I'm honestly surprised that WB didn't buy Marvel years before Disney did. I bet they're fuckign kicking themselves.

My understanding is that the US government makes no distinction between comic books and regular books. Am I wrong?

it would be the best option for everyone

not necessarily AT&T would probably be happy to get rid of it at this point

lol cope

>Say hello to gay characters, SJW agenda and a lot of shirtless actors and ugly actresses
because that's SO different than what they have now

Are you guys stupid? They're clearly taking about directing a film in the DCEU, not merging the universes.

Yes, but that was 2 decades ago iirc and in the distribution aspect. You aren't buying DC unless you're buying WB. And the media sector is a whole other ballgame in importance and revenue brought it

I prefer the clown version of this image.

why the fuck would they buy a successful company just to sell them to another successful company

Amalgam universe when?

>The more likely scenario would be AT&T selling DC to Disney
AT&T has absolutely no reason to sell DC. DC still brings in a lot of money for WB

because they thought "nobody gives a fuck about Marvel, we got Batman and Superman, the most popular superheroes ever"

god damn, how hilarious is that all these assholes got a real surprise later on

Attached: 1525927473393.png (1000x563, 506K)

It's one everyone thought. Marvel was left with scraps after Spider-Man and the X-men were sold off. Fortunately they had all the scraps to make the Avengers

imagine going back a few years and telling people guardians of the galaxy would be a bigger box office draw than superman AND batman. lol

It really is funny, people care more about Iron Man than Superman, imagine saying that before 2008

imagine saying an ant-man movie would be more profitable than a justice league movie. i'd cry if it weren't so funny

>directors of Marvel movie say they wouldn't rule out working on a DC movie
>HOLY SHIT DISNEY IS GONNA BUY WARNER
Seriously explain how the fuck you made such a massive leap in logic

It's bad business to be a monopoly. You just want to have the biggest not-monopoly and Disney already has that.

No fucking way.
>They would have to buy AT&T first.
This.>not necessarily AT&T would probably be happy to get rid of it at this point
Feasible, but it still would be troublesome for Disney to acquire another media company. They squeaked by buying Fox without getting in trouble for Anti-Trust shenanegans. Even with a de-regulator like Trump in the White House and Republicans still holding a majority in one of the two houses of congress, there is no way they can pull it off any time soon after gobbling up one of the major studios.

I remember going over the shrinking corporate diversity of the mass media market in an ethics in technology elective I took in college. I think back then it was seven or eight. Then it got down to six. Now it's down to five.

I'm a fairly right of center guy and pro-capitalist, but I'm still progressive enough to have anti-monopoly stand wide enough to say that even giving major corporations controlling everything is getting a bit narrow.

Attached: american media 1487044629396.jpg (574x379, 27K)

Shitposting

Where do you think we are?

Attached: WhereintheDCAUdoyouthinkweare.jpg (536x312, 22K)

NO DON'T PLEASE PRESERVE THE LAST ANIMATION COMPANY THAT HASN'T BEEN ASSFUCKED BY THE MOUSE

Attached: pink wojack.jpg (220x229, 9K)

We have to go back, user.
WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAACK.

Attached: cookie penispenispenis 1078399062089[1].jpg (148x200, 13K)

Don't worry. Warners has royally fucked themselves in the ass.

Attached: harley daria.jpg (444x533, 92K)

Imagine saying the first Justice League movie does less than the third Thor movie or that Thor would even have a third one in the first place

and doctor strange

It doesn't matter. For AT&T to sell DC, it would still have anti-trust concerns for the other publishers and it would also have issues regarding the ownership of the underlying intellectual property.

To AT&T and to Warners, the actual intellectual property (e.g. the characters of Aquaman, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc, and the comic book stories about them) are the biggest value. They are licensing those and the license value of the IP is in the billions ANNUALLY.

You cannot separate the two. Technically, you could, just as Disney could be forced to sell Hulu, which a democratic justice department might make them do, even if Comcast sells their third to Disney, now that Disney bought Fox (and Fox's share).

That was a good example of where Trump's DOJ was full of shit on the AT&T merger, since they allowed Disney to keep Fox's Hulu share, instead of forcing Fox to sell to someone else, and Disney knows this or they would have asked Warner's to sell their 10% to them directly, versus selling in by percentages to Hulu itself (meaning selling to Comcast AND Disney in percentages).

To be fair, everyone thought that, and it was true until Feige. But I'd still have thought a huge company like WB would've seen the value in simply owning Marvel for the potential of the IP's. Though I suppose WB hasn't been a forward thinking company in quite a while now.

Stupid tv casuals are stupid

Warner Brothers wasn't doing anything with DC once and they had owned the characters for years, which is how the Salkinds got to own the right to exploit the Superman IP, down to Supergirl and Superboy, and it's how that whole fucked up Fox contract with the Adam West Batman situation came up, which would never happen today and didn't happen, for example, with Lois & Clark or Wonder Woman just a decade later.

>not necessarily AT&T would probably be happy to get rid of it at this point
What, why? DC still makes money hand over fist. The current movies may not have been as good or successful as they'd like but they still make money, not to mention the merchandising, comics, tv shows, licensing, cartoons etc. The DC brand as a whole is incredibly valuable, especially if AT&T want content for a WB streaming service.

He's been saying that for over a year now

Attached: ladderfag.jpg (4000x4120, 3.16M)

>DC still makes money hand over fist.
tell that to Shazam and that massive failure of a streaming service

excuse me sweatie, but shazam made money, making it a roaring success

It didn’t even crack 500 mil, dude. By superhero movie standards, that’s kind of a failure

>being unable to detect sarcasm

he's projecting himself on the new thor, by being a fat fuck hahaha

You’d be surprised by the lengths hardcore DC fans will go to

There will be no more company wars if everything will be under Disney

imagine being the butthurt dc fag with severe autism who made this shit

oh I know. I love DC too but I can still read the tea leaves. they fucked up their two biggest properties, they don't deserve any defense.

WB is run by a bunch of inept retards and they're getting Marvel people to try and recreate their success.

The only worthwhile thing they have done as of recently was nabbing Gunn when he was in the doghouse and before Disney could get him back. They not only are getting a movie out of him with a franchise Gunn is passionate about, they also delayed GotG vol. 3.

This exactly, people act like the old fuck executives give a fuck their movies suck, they still make billions off of their characters.

how much do you want to bet that they'll try to get the Russo brothers for their next Justice League (if it ever happens)
I mean they literally called Joss Whedon because he made the Avengers, even though by the point JL came out the Avengers already moved on from his shitty style

Ladder niggercuckfags

It'll be star wars and shitty live action remake quality all over again. Even the MCU future with Brie leading doesn't look all that bright.

>How exactly is Disney buying WB or DC a monopoly?
>How is Disney not already a monopoly?
please explain to a brainlet who isn't from America

sorry but a true DC fan holds their company accountable when they are shit. you're just another bootlicker.

I’m not a ladder bro like you.

Ladderfag is pathetic and his act is tired. This board suffers all the more with company faggots out there like that.

you are literally what you claim to hate, a companyfaggot, who is unable to see fault in "his team".

What is the ever loving point of this thread but to flame shit and shit fling with something that isn't even happening. Why is this thread still here. Move this off topic retard shit to teevee.

says the retard who decides to bump it

This shit isnt even close to being at the bottom of the page for that to matter and is regularly bumped regardless by ladder retards doing the same tired shtick.

bumped again. lol, you are dumb

Imagine being the company war faggot who made all those posts

Jesus Christ you people are retarded. All they're saying is that they might consider doing a DC movie Disneys not buying Warner Brothers fucking Christ