Looney Tunes Cartoons 2019

Two seconds were released in an Annecy Festival trailer as an early sneak peek. Are you looking forward to it?
youtube.com/watch?v=uAXyOOPYzjw

Attached: lt.gif (600x338, 915K)

Other urls found in this thread:

annecy.org/news:a2481
dailymotion.com/video/x6ugice
youtube.com/watch?v=AodyOklnyUI
instagram.com/jimsoper85/?hl=en
youtu.be/QJmKw33k0mA
youtube.com/watch?v=aaBvcEDy8n0
youtube.com/watch?v=_HL2TnQW3S4
behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Looney-Tunes-World-of-Mayhem/Bugs-Bunny/
twitter.com/bauzilla/status/1121226824992690176?lang=en
amazon.com/Warner-Brothers-Animation-Jerry-Beck/dp/0883631075
twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme/status/1127050001547317248
looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Cartoons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IT looks well animated and it actually looks to be in the classic Looney Tunes style, though Bugs' gloves are yellow for some reason

>violence
Nice

Damn this looks good

I honestly thought this was a Classic Looney Tunes GIF before I opened the GIF up. That's some seriously good animation.

Holy shit. I honest to god thought that was from a bob-clampett cartoon at first. They got the style down fucking perfect

HOLY SHIT, I wouldn't believe it was anything new if you didn't mention it.
I... I think i can be happy and hopeful for once!

Attached: Hype Wizard.gif (126x126, 144K)

Holy crap that looks great. Like the really early shorts.

Looks pretty fuckin’ neato. I have faith in Browngardt and his team.

Attached: CB3CA82F-7FF4-4DAC-AA49-3A25E4F4A2D0.gif (800x450, 1.85M)

They used to be yellow before they turned them to white.

Looks great, what service is it coming to?

shit tier animation. it's insulting that people compare this to the greats of the 40s

The baiting has begun

Attached: bpho.jpg (480x286, 31K)

Yeah, this. They nailed the style, holy crap.

I don't think it's bait. Yea Forums passed the point of complete retardation three years ago

eyy i've been waiting for a clip on lt 19, nice to see the daffy wb logo wasn't just all hot air, still looking for a webm of that.

Known crew on the shorts:
Showrunner: Pete Browngardt
Supervising Producer/Director: Alex Kirwan
Directors: Ryan Kramer, David Gemmill (he was the one to board the scene that the clip came from), Kenny Pittenger
Boarders (I think like at least 1 or 2 of them recently left, but that's more standard people moving from show to show than production ending or anything): Chris Allison, Andy Gonsalves, Charlotte Jackson, Mike Pelensky, Gabe Del Valle, Caroline Director, Arielle Phillips, Andrew Dickman, Michael Ruocco, David Shair, undoubtedly others I don't know about
Character Designers: Jim Soper, Kali Fontecchio
Animation Studios (both Canadian): Yowza! Animation, TonicDNA

Sounds like a pretty solid team tbhonest

Jaded as I'd be called, give me more than just a snippet then I'll be interested.
Just one show "doing it right", whether it is the entire run, or more likely, in spades, isn't enough to give me hope for modern animation. I've already had many "fan projects that does it right" only for the majority to trash it and prefer the garbage normalfag shit we've had since Adventure Time.

Attached: 1557071726291.jpg (200x303, 16K)

Pretty fucking good

Attached: 1538764498330.png (219x301, 99K)

So what do we actually know about these so far? All I can recall hearing is that they wanted to make 1000 minutes worth of shorts of varying length (like 1-7 minutes) and the shorts will be done in a variety of different styles by different people.

Is that all correct? Is there a single showrunner or something? Do we know when and where they'll debut?

Speaking of unzipping dick, what are the chances we'll get a Bugs crossdressing gag in line of these shorts?

Attached: that 2003 Looney Tunes movie with Brendan Fraser.webm (566x690, 1.18M)

>Is that all correct?
Yep. General information is here:
annecy.org/news:a2481

>Is there a single showrunner or something?
>Do we know when and where they'll debut?
According to the link, they will release on June 10th of this year, right before the Playmobil movie.

Surprising that something like that can exist right now. I hope all the shorts can look that good. I'd also like if they did the thing where the character style differs between certain people, it's been awhile since we've had something like that in a not shit way like steven universe.

Here's a shirt with silhouettes of some of the characters

Attached: image0.jpg (522x450, 32K)

>elmer's gun
thank christ, i hope they dont fuck up foghorn like they did in the wabbit series with that design

Wait, that was a new clip?

>gun and violence
How did they get away with this?

not made for tv

But it's looney tunes? What else could it be made for

It's for the internet and theaters

>theatre
Oh Shit, are they doing Looney Tunes shorts before DC movies now?

Attached: 1532203238683.png (728x682, 721K)

Because guns and violence are allowed in cartoons? Are we pretending Looney Tunes show didn't have guns?

Attached: 1552902681578.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

guns and violence aren't allowed in cartoons user

Are you serious?

no he isn't

>The baiting has begun
/co are masters

No Lola. :^(

Attached: 33020192538.jpg (990x660, 293K)

???

What would a Lola look like in Tex Avery style?

So this is what hope feels like

Attached: 1539305740532.gif (322x322, 642K)

>each "season" will produce 1,000 minutes of all-new Looney Tunes animation that will be distributed across multiple platforms — including digital, mobile and broadcast.
Oh god, this is gonna be a nightmare to keep track of. The rest sounds great though.

I was hoping the Warner Archive would use these to announce more shorts on Blu-ray as part of the warner preservation project.

I don't think Looney Tunes are that important to animation or Warner to justify a preservation project.

That fucking thing turned me into a furry. I'll never achieve nirvana now.

bugs.....wtf..........

>bugs crossdressing
Considering they're trying to achieve a near perfect style of Tex Avery, there's a huge fucking chance.

Bugs... easy on the hormones...

I'm being honest, I'm almost 100% certain he will. Recent media like the comics still have him doing it and it's a integral part of him
And hopefully he's hot like he is at times

Why was this movie so bad? How did it miss the mark so hard?

Something seems off. The lines and colors seem a little too clean. Animation looks very quick and fluid though, just like the classics.

The animation and animated characters were spot on
It was live action. It had no chance

I think he's saying that modern censoring and "think of the children"s have neutered violence in children's animation, especially with firearms.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

There is less censorship now than 20 years ago. At least Spiderman is allowed to punch people and the Titans can say "death".

School shootings have gotten people riled up about a particular kind of violence.

LT and Mickey are lucky they are known enough to get higher-budget stuff
Because even iconic things like Popeye get stuck with this shit

the main issue with that is it's being handled by a youtube only animation company and is being targeted at the kindergarten demographic, so i imagine even if they wanted to go higher quality there budget is probably garbage.

What kind of violence?

guns mostly

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It's not bad for modern standards, but look at any on the classic shorts and tell me this looks even half as good.
dailymotion.com/video/x6ugice

We are living in a 1080p+ era granddad. We cannot do "grainy" imagery anymore without literally faking it to please oldfags.
This just proves digital art was never a reason to hate modern animation, it's the damn damn shit tier tweening, puppetry, and othe computerized, AI garbage used as a crutch for making animation as of today.

Well apparently they are since the warner preservation project is already a thing. WB started it sometime last year and are working towards preserving and restoring all their films and shorts. They talked about it on one of the Warner Archive podcasts late last year when they had Jerry Beck on to talk about the new Popeye blu-ray release.

Guns were never prevalent in TV animation. Most 80s and 90s action cartoons used laser guns instead of actual guns. The DCAU cartoons were one of the few exceptions were actual guns were allowed yet they weren't in other DC shows like The Batman or Teen Titans. Slade wasn't even allowed to use swords. Complaining about lack of "gun" violence in modern cartoons is stupid.

So is he spitting it back at him really fast or am I missing something?

he is

AM I FUCKING DREAMING? WILL 2020 SAVE ANIMATION?

Attached: IMG_2144.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I'm still hyped for 2D Scooby movie

Attached: I understood that reference yellow.gif (360x203, 1.19M)

>this might actually give Mickey Mouse a run for his money

Attached: George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif (480x270, 901K)

If it remains this high of quality across the different boarders (not radically changing artstyle ala animator collabs) it has already won on technical merit. This is full animation, not toonboom!

I wish I could've worked on this

it's going to be released in 2019
I find it interesting that they're going for the earlier Bugs model than the Space-Jam/Back in Action models.
Is it possible to do puppet-animation and make it look alright? Certain-show-that-had-a-bunch-of-fla-files-leak-last-year looks decent (at least a fuckton better than "Yo Popeye!"), and Gumball has been alright (it still looked better in S1-S2 but that's mainly because of the blockish-eyes instead of the sphere ones).

>Is it possible to do puppet-animation and make it look alright?
Yeah, but it takes actual effort

Any examples you can give?

>is it possible
Yes, but it's impossible to hide it. It'll never reach the perfect standard traditional animation does.

If the quality is maintain, I can't wait for normies on Facebook to praise how it looks like the old stuff. Every time I see Disney post stuff that includes the new Mickey designs (like the Skyliner or Runaway Railway, even just promotional media), everyone complains about how ugly it looks (especially Goofy). Like, Yea Forums loves the shorts, but damn do normies hate it.

If these new Looney Tunes shorts become a critical and commercial success, then it's gonna cause a shake-up within Disneys management

Attached: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (16).jpg (1476x1080, 253K)

I think Breadwinner used puppet animation at points.

Uhhh guys? If they could do THIS right, what does that mean for pic related?

Attached: IMG_2311.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

Not him, and was the op you posted to, Wakfu and that Tangled Disney show is the only things I can tolerate. At this point anything that runs in 60FPS, uses stock body parts for poses, and have interpolation for movement, triggers me now.

Attached: 1548050399082.png (800x733, 431K)

Attached: 1534610254217.webm (1280x720, 1.14M)

Imagine being on Yea Forums through another animation renaissance. Our hopes and dreams have been crushed so hard for almost 15 years. Imagine a time when we can look forward to new stuff coming out. Imagine.

They won't ever switch back to Hand-Drawn animation. Don't give me that hope user.

We are in an age of rock bottom competition, hyper fans are bigger and more collected than ever and the economy is fully back to pre-08 levels. If something genuinely quality comes out AND is successful, we're gonna see some serious shit.

Looking at the clip and the overseas studios involved, it looks like digital hand drawn animation. Apparently the shorts have a higher budget than normal, which is part of why the canadian studios seem to be able to not need flash puppets for it

I'd say the best looking puppet tween animation tends to involve Titmouse (Motorcity most notably) or Mercury Filmworks (Mickey Shorts, Wander Over Yonder, Tangled)

>the two most promising upcoming cartoons for the future of traditional animation are brought to us by the Uncle Grandpa guy and the Fanboy and Chum Chum guy

What is this timeline?
youtube.com/watch?v=AodyOklnyUI

Fingers crossed on Bob's Burgers Movie making ROI. Pony and TTG! Did well enough.

>What is this timeline?
A timeline where creators learn from their past mistakes and harness their power to create something good

Or as some say, character development

Do only canadians care about Hand-drawn animation anymore?

Uhhhhhh

Koreans do hand drawn more often than canadians actually, canadians usually do flash/toonboom tween puppets when they have normal tv level budgets

REAL SHIT

A NEW DAWN APPROACHES

here's some crew on the reboot that I know about (there's probably more people who are known):
>Directors
Katie Rice
Brett Varon

>Boarders
Zoe Moss
Matt Yang
Kyle Carrozza

I wonder if the show will be writer driven like the old one or more artist driven like the upcoming Looney Tunes shorts are

Koreans are shit at animation though

You know what, one thing at a time. They are better than nothing.

yeah it's hand drawn with the budgets that cause studios from other countries to break out the flash puppets

>Andrew Dickman

Attached: 1404521465626.png (414x279, 141K)

Apologize.

Attached: file.png (290x370, 67K)

he was a boarder on Wabbit/New Looney Tunes.

>Wabbit
Did we ever find out the person who worked so hard he was hospitalized?

Alright after doing some combing:
>1,000 minutes ordered at 1-6 minutes a pop, that means 167 shorts minimum
>Based Browngardt is the showrunner
>States specifically that the late 30's, early 40's Looney Tunes is the goal here
>specifically highlights the need for irreverance
>Last years animatic went over extremely well and featured some classic cartoon violence
>Stresses the importance that this will be cartoonist driven, just like the old days
>First public viewing on June 10th
>June 12 will be a presentation with Browngard, as well as a bunch of big wigs including the president of Warner Bros. Animation to "Showcase the most ambitious Looney Tunes content initiative to date" as well as additional shorts and a behind the scenes look
>They outright claim it has a "high production value"
>Will be broadcast so not locked away in a streaming service

I always thought you were underrated but I never knew. I'm so sorry.

Don't forget the studio who did the animation for Mary Poppins Returns is going to be doing it for Space Jam. We're getting a faithful to the original real deal technical 2D animated/live action hybrid! Interested to see what they do with Lola!

>millennial looney tunes
>no hopes

>Duncan Studios doing more than commercials finally
Don't forget Klaus

Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Will the behind-the-scenes part be broadcast?

Mike Ruocco, who's also on these new shorts

It doesn't say but I would be shocked if they flew the execs down for a presentation on the future of Looney Tunes to not show it to the public.

it was Michael Ruocco. I don't think he tried to hide it or anything, he posts all the time on twitter about that stuff.

do we have any pencil tests?

>Interested to see what they do with Lola!
They will probably do half hot and half crazy. Someone with sex appeal that will atract waifu fags (though I doubt they will make it blatant like on the first one) but looney enough to be a part of the Looney Tunes

Nope. Here's a character designer though:
instagram.com/jimsoper85/?hl=en

Likewise (mainly because of the background)

I'm still interested in what a 30s or 40s Lola would look like

Honestly that would be thr best course of action. I'm team old lola because I think the Red Hot Riding Hood gag is funny as fuck, but if you can get her bouncing around too than you have a winner.

Jam Filled also does pretty great work. Final Space, The Loud House, and DC Super Hero Girls all look great.

Attached: dancing the tears away.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

>Screwball Daffy

Cautiously_optimistic.cel

I wonder if John K. is creaming his jeans right now

We have some behind the scenes voicework, WOO HOO WOO HOO Daffy is already confirmed.

this makes me sad

Hmmm... I wonder how he'll play off of bugs. Chuck Jones pretty much made an entirely new character for the Bugs Daffy stuff

I like both versions of Daffy. I'd doubt they go whole hog either way.

My big concern for Space Jam 2 is that they have no animation people working on the writing/producing/directing level.

Space Jam was no masterpiece desu. If we can get good technicals, that's the price of admission right there.

I cannot freaking believe this is a reboot of the trash-fire that is Wabbit.

>earlier Bugs model than the Space-Jam/Back in Action models.

Maybe they're trying to get some distance between this and "CORPORATE MASCOT BUGS BUNNY" like those Mickey Cartoons went old-school.

This.

Attached: Looney Tunes short Annecy 2019 is coming.webm (1920x1080, 1.5M)

Has there ever really been a "corporate mascot bugs bunny," aside from pic related?

Attached: Looney Tunes Product License Bible Model Sheets & Layouts & Character Study 4.jpg (848x864, 119K)

Hot Damn, Can you imagine if they got Travis Knight or James Baxter to be lead animator for some of these?

He can be both goofball Daffy and "You are despicable" Daffy.
I'm not saying it would be easy to write him that way, all I'm saying is that it is possible

Can't they just have different shorts with different personalities?

Idiot, you're confusing hand-drawn animation with traditional CEL animation. Every "Disney Renaissance" movie starring with the climax of The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast, a few cartoons in the 90's (the best looking episodes of Ren and Stimpy, Sonic Underground, a select few episodes of The Simpsons, Futurama), and damn near every new cartoon after the year 2000 were all animated with digital ink and paint animation. Still hand-drawn, just colored in digitally. I think the very last new cartoon in America to be created with cels was Whatever Happened to Robot Jones.

I think it would be funny if they had goofball Daffy at the beginning of the short and slowly have him turn into despicable Daffy as he gets fed up with Bugs' bullshit

Can we get a Dover Boys sequel?

They won't go back...

Holy fuck. No, they likely wont, probably ever outside of some niche projects. It's still hand animated, it's the exact some thing but colored with computers.

90s Bugs Bunny felt like a corporate mascot/t-shirt design.

Attached: P8.jpg (1280x1280, 246K)

>Space Jam was no masterpiece desu.
Not sure how that makes putting out a shit sequel over 20 years later ok.

>If we can get good technicals
Which is what I'm worried about with having no animation people high up in production. The fuck does Ryan Coogler or Terence Nance know about writing or directing animation? At the moment it just seems like a vehicle for Lebron to try and be a movie star, which, granted that's also basically what teh first one was for MJ, but why bother if you're just going to put out crap again. They should at least try to make it good, and part of that is getting the Looney Tunes and animation parts right.

At the moment the only person on the senior production side I can see listed is Chuck Jones, and he died almost 20 years ago now.

Lol if Space Jam 2 even happens. There are currently production issues thanks to the NBA. Yes I'm serious.

Motherfuckers.

Morning Bump.

where do they have the budget from to make such great animation?

Someone at Warner decided not to be a cheap ass.

Are they going for the classic blackface gag? damn

>3 directors
>that never ending list of boarder
This is going to be unequal as fuck.

years of eating shit don't allow you to rewrite reality. That's fucking garbage.

>canada
stock animations, some possibly traced from the older shows to look "authentic". Like thta failed tom and jerry reboot. They are getting better at it though.

just like the shorts back then, dumbass?

>0:10
Man is it the reboot of the monkey land. I fucking loved that cartoon

Isn't Kali Fonteccio the same girl who dated John K for years after finding CP on his computer?

>who cares it was never good
the slaves damage control is already there at full force... Don't forget to spam the world "talented people", just so they know you are doing your work

You're a fucking retard.

I love Beaky Buzzard. Him and the puma are like my favorite underused characters.

That's some quality shit right there. Inject that into my veins.

Poor dude, hope this time around he's taking it well

>Elmer actually TRYING to outsmart Bugs by spitting the TNT.

>All dat fluid animation

>ACTUAL CARTOON VIOLENCE.

Color me impressed, then again, vintage cartoons would be the few places the SJWs would dare to attack, so actually trying to make proper LT shorts wouldnt be that hard.

But The Looney Tunes Show from a few years ago had a bunch of guns in it
>show ended almost 6 years ago
oh...

Attached: Semper Lie.gif (549x475, 2.71M)

>actual cartoon violence
What did he mean by this?

It's really weird how they have gradually, over the last 7 years, gone away from Chuck Jones pissed off Daffy back to wacky Daffy

>2D Scooby movie
It's 3D, but it's really good looking.

Attached: 1532067004340.png (678x355, 345K)

It's still gonna happen, but Lebron is having trouble getting other NBA stars due to scripting and show contracts

This is cool, but were is Merlin the Mouse and Cool Cat?

Attached: 1533246560147.png (500x661, 696K)

OH NO NO NO

in the trash where they belong

So is daffy gonna be his selfish greedy version, or his loony version?

We know he's going to be looney based on the voice actor posting some vids to youtube, but we don't know if they're dropping his other personality completely.

good. greedy Daffy fucking sucks

Attached: 1551901548632.jpg (625x626, 22K)

A well tempered, yet whacky Daffy is how you bring the divide.

I missed explosions in cartoons. Now all they need is to add the anvils...

Can someone edit this without the explosion so it infinitely goes back and forth between them

> were is Cool Cat?
DERE HE IZ

Attached: Coolcatstopsbowlying.png (1184x1466, 3.8M)

they were yellow originally.

I'm glad they eventually changed it. it looks ugly and distracting on bugs. hopefully not all the shorts will keep that aspect of his design. that's just a nitpick though, it looks very impressive otherwise.

looks like they'll focus on his Looney version mostly. I hope the give his selfish greedy version some love, though, I like that one way better.

How is it impressive?
>t. don't know anything about animation

It's more dynamic and expressive than almost anything on TV in 10 or more years.

How though

What specifically are you asking? What exactly is going on that makes it good, or how were they able to accomplish it?

>Certain-show-that-had-a-bunch-of-fla-files-leak-last-year looks decent

Which show?

Maybe the show that must not be named?

try actually reading the thread for fucks sake. there are lots of posts explaining the appeal.

the first one

>that failed tom and jerry reboot
Nah, that was terrible rig animation
youtu.be/QJmKw33k0mA

It's a lot but the best summary I can give is:
1. It's animated traditionally, meaning 100% drawn each frame. Many cartoons are done up like puppets and slid around to make them cheaper to animate. This looks a lot better and creates much more visual variety/gives more control to the animator in every cut.
2. Character design is actually made of FORMS instead of shapes. Things feel three dimensional instead of being built to be seen at only a few angles (see 99% of televison cartoons).
3. These forms are manipulated with classical animation techniques, most obviously squash and stretch for unique object deformation like Elmer's face, it also utilizes smear frames for simulated motion blur.
4. The timing is perfect, something that is hard to articulate to someone who has no clue, you just gotta trust me on that one.
5. Everything is very readable with well defined silhouettes
6. It doesn't fall into WACKY FACE SYNDROME that most wacky toons have had following the Newgrounds explosion. Instead the wacky expressions feel like logical inferences from the original face, rather than a unique face force fitted onto the character (think OK KO)
7. Fluidity is generally consistent and on point, but not to the detriment of snappiness
8. Pretty oldschool style background art helps characters POP

That should get you started.

What videos?

Attached: BB.png (318x255, 71K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aaBvcEDy8n0

Please let this be good. Please let this be good. Please let this be good. Please let this be good. Please let this be good.

Attached: 163.gif (320x240, 682K)

Those designs are drop dead gorgeous.

Can I just say I am so glad Jessica Borutski is not in charge of the designs. She was terrible, and easily the worst part of the last few Looney Tunes reboots.

Jim Somper can draw rings around her, and I'm glad he's doing the designs.

Yeah his insta is pretty crazy.

you're comparing apples to oranges here
Jessica Borutski has a style that looks good in single images, hence why she got chosen as a character designer for shows with very limited animation.

I WANNA KNOW WHICH EXECUTIVE'S DICK I'VE GOTTA SUCK FOR THIS ONE

SOMEBODY DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE ON SOMETHING GOOD FOR A FUCKING CHANGE AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO AND WHY!

each director has multiple boarders under them. Also it's likely that there's some directors that I'm not aware of (I'm fairly certain there are boarders that I'm not aware of)

meh, I hate how people just can't let go. Imitation shouldn't be praised so much.

Go jack off to Steven Universe, bitch. People on spacechan will be laughing at your comment like we laugh at people who thought Tiny Toons was going to be like Muppet Babbies on Usenet.

We praise innovation, TLTS and Duck Dodgers are praised for successfully making a twist on the series. But sometimes it’s good to come home
And truly more series need animation like this

But her designs were hideous. This guy's drawings look good in single images, and don't look like fanart.

If we are talking about THAT SHOW, i wouldnt call those leaks 'decent'

Theres no way thats gonna be good by any meaning of the way.

For all of the faults with THAT SHOW you can't deny it was one of the best looking puppet rigged shows when it first aired.

I have no problem with THAT SHOW and even now it deserves its place.

However im sure you mean the leaks of G5, and theres no way in hell a product clearly made to fit back into a stupid 'little baby friendly' mold that G4 actually managed to break is gonna look good.

Here you go. I'm honestly surprised nobody had made a WebM for this gorgeous display of animation yet.

Attached: Warner Bros. Animation Logo (boarded by Pete Browngardt).webm (1152x648, 2.84M)

fucking nice, yeah this was one of the first hints at something crazy going on with the lt 19 team, well for those who didn't go out of there way to research the crew and find there art on the web.

when did this come out?

it was shown before the Teen Titans Go movie.

first time i saw it was funnily enough as the wb logo for the teen titans go movie, don't know if it was used before.

It feels a bit sad that, seeing at the comments, people are more hyped for LT than the rest of the stuff shown. I mean, i want to see LT too, but the other showings seem legit nice.

Also, it is interestingly suspicious that, despite a LT Snippet being shown, theres no mention of LT, WB Animation or anything related on that credit list. Aka: we dont even know the name of the short.

Nothing bad per se, just a lil nitpick.

And this is why i love studio logos, you can basically do ANYTHING with those and you can find ANYTHING, From cool stylized stuff, majestic scapes or even funny crazy shit like that.

Is there a version with sound?

Make a thread for all the other stuff, some of it is really cool. It makes sense this is the huge news from it though

Oh no G5 absolutely looks like it's gonna be a trash fire. I'm talking about the .fla files that were leaked for the G4 show.

I don't think raw files have ever really been leaked off a show before, especially not the original art assets with still-working rigs.

Why does this frame in specific look so bad compared to the rest of them?

It's likely something in the CalArts spectrum, but you're probably going to have to pin it down harder than that.

Attached: firefox_2019-05-10_15-22-59.png (1019x648, 677K)

welp, at least fanartists will have more art resources?

mouth looks off

there were already a bunch of fan-made puppets.

at least they're official

worth noting that opening logo bit wasn't animated by either of the canadian studios on the full shorts, but rather a single animator (who requested to be anonymous; it seems a lot of people suspect Eric Goldberg)

it's just a goofy cartoon face distortion some of them look better than others to some. but mainly it might have to do with the janky arms and inclusion of teeth as well as the beak distortion. not saying pic related is great but it's a similar case.

Attached: 1537519451534.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Why him?

how can you tell on a mouth squished against the screen?

im sure Daffy has been drawn with teeth before, both crazy and angry.

i vaguely remember it a couple of times, it's been a while since i've watched through the lt series.

>Cecil
>Daffy Daffy
>Guns
Good

>No Speedy Gonzalez
Worried
Chicanos shall be hanged

speedy didn't show up until the 50s, and these shorts are styled after the 40s

>Lola is back
>It’s her Space Jam “personality”
user, don’t bring up a monkey paw

>Bugs pulls it in and out until it explodes in elmer's mouth
LEWD

Attached: muh dick.png (540x736, 291K)

I doubt many companies even make the material for cells anymore, even less people know how to use them

If i were to guess, i imagine its because when you look at it, it looks like a different character, or a different iteration, its still Daffy, but the Daffy squashed in that glass its not the same Daffy doing all the crazy shit he was doing mere seconds ago.

That squashed Daffy looks like something fitting the modern designs of the 90s or 00s rather than the 50s design, not to mention that in the 50s they wouldnt have gone for that much detail in that squish shot: the buckteeth, the bulgy balooned eyes, the small pupils, the angled broken arms...i imagine no 50s cartoon would have gone for that if an actual animator of the age tried to do the same thing.

Still tho, i dont think its a bad thing just a detail.

Actually Elmer is trying to spit out the TNT Before it explodes, but Bugs is trying to keep it in.

That's even lewder

>0:54
ruined

>an intentionally off-model face splattered against the fourth wall “looks so bad”
The absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 3EF4A3DA-E6C8-4CA1-B13F-996D98029148.jpg (1024x682, 36K)

not him, but he does have a bit of a point.

as i mentioned in , it looks more modern than the age that animation is trying to emulate, but yeah, calling that 'bad'?, doesnt make sense.

Does Yea Forums ever actually talk about Annecy? I hadn't even heard of the event before it was announced looney tunes would be shown there.

>haven't heard of Annecy
Why are you here?

Him, but yeah I would call it "more modern" versus outright bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HL2TnQW3S4

thx

Attached: 1534726886502.jpg (1016x786, 208K)

That would be the ideal, contrarian.

user this is kind of a huge event

Was that teen titans go movie any good?

no

I know this is for looney toons but that final shot with the stuff unfolding before the credits looked fucking spicy

How well-known is Looney Tunes to the normies?

thanks to WB, not really

Insanely well known, there's a reason it keeps getting new projects. The LT joke in Spiderverse was probably the most laughs I heard during the whole movie and even kids who barley seen anything with them know the most famous characters. You're only going to get them to know so many characters and maybe at most 1 director however, and recreating the style will be a gamble to see if they respond as enthusiastically as they do the originals.
Wrong

Even zoomers know Looney Tunes.

I know that now, but does Yea Forums discuss it.

This. They've done a horrible job with LT brand, which they are apparently attempting to remedy with Space Jam 2 and the Coyote v Acme movies coming.

They don't treat Looney Tunes the way Universal treats Woody the Woodpeaker or the way Paramount treats Popeye, but they could do way better.

lt and tom and jerry are pretty well known to normalfags and international audiences.

>traditional Western non-Calfag animation
>in 2019
What the fuck? Incredible

>non-Calfag
while I don't doubt these shorts will be good, they're still mostly being made like other "calfag" shows (pre and post production done at a LA studio, in this case WB Animation) with people who have worked on "calfag" shows involved in making it

Don't get hung up on the name, it's a stylistic sensibility he's complaining about, not the school itself.

>Jessica Borutski has a style that looks good in single images, hence why she got chosen as a character designer for shows with very limited animation.
What you said didn't help your case or hers at fucking all.

It's a personal issue and not an objective one, but I don't like this type of wacky Daffy because it's too obnoxious and saccharine, I prefer limits on the goofiness.

>when even the cheapest of non-USA cartoons look more higher budget than this

>more so deep women short films

Shut the fuck up.

jesus christ

What the fuck was this exchange?

Attached: 1477673787879.jpg (229x206, 12K)

Nobody cares

N U T

This just made me laugh out loud. What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Those short films about women are all the same and they're fucking insufferable.

Agree

>when you didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose you

Attached: eric-smith.jpg (435x580, 73K)

>cartoony stuff can't be well-drawn

>no varying line widths
>vague, unappealing shapes without much dynamic contrast between them (look at how boring that tongue is)
>aside from the upper part of the beak, the shapes are vague & don't lead the eye
>the lines on the neck are noticeably wobbly & sloppy
>shitty anatomy, noodle arms

>tongue
It getting wider at the tip implies depth but it doesn't make sense since that entire area should be against the screen.

They both certainly know how to take something in the mouth and push something in. Have to practice for their lewd evening sessions somehow

Is nobody going to ask why they choose Daffy instead of Bugs?

They seem really proud to bring back wacky Daffy.

They shouldn't. Wacky Daffy should stay dead, long live bitter, jealous Daffy.

Chuck Jones was right to get rid of wacky Daffy

Daffy is the new face of Warner Brothers

This is a big fucking deal. There hasn't been a consistent number of big budget high quality Looney Tunes shorts since the 1960's. How can they afford to do 1000 minutes in this day & age with the animation industry being in the shitter? Does the Looney Tunes name even matter in 2019 and can they make a legitimate profit off of these new shorts? I guess it's better to do something big with a franchise like this instead of fucking up the formula like the Looney Tunes Show or putting out very mediocre content like Wabbit.

The .gif looks great so I have high hopes for the quality of the animation. I hope the backgrounds have the same sense of depth like in the old shorts. The only concern I have is the voice cast. Jeff Bergman's Bugs Bunny sounds worse and worse with each iteration so i'm hoping he's replaced. I love Dee Bradley Baker but his daffy in Wabbit is atrocious. Hoping to see Maurice Lamarche return as Yosemite Sam and Foghorn. Billy West as Elmer. They desperately need someone who can recreate June Foray's Witch Hazel since the character has been fucked for years. Jim Cummings will probably return as Taz. I just want the voices to be as authentic as the look of the show.

Now for the big question. In the 200 or so shorts they're making, what are the Chances of them bringing back Count Blood Count? He has only had 1 semi-decent cameo since Transylvania 6-5000 in the Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries show but that's really about it. He's dope as fuck.

Not big on the fact the fucking Uncle Grandpa guy is executive producer but i'll leave my doubts at home for the time being.

>the horror

Chuck Jones was the only who could do that, and he's funnier when he's wacky. Plus it's easier to write for wacky daffy

I'm halfway on this. I like Wacky Daffy. I just hope they can keep some of that interaction when the shorts need it.

Looney Tunes Show was great. Fuck you

>big budget high quality Looney Tunes shorts since the 1960
I can't call any Looney Tunes from the 60s high budget.

Jim Cummings is blacklisted now.

No he's not. He just has a batshit crazy ex-wife. He has full custody of his children and he seems to be on great terms with his adult daughtes so I imagine this shit aint going anywhere

This is one of the biggest fucking deals this entire decade.

To tell you the truth, i'm not the biggest Uncle Grandpa fan, but I can't think of anyone more suited to this project in terms of production sensibility.

I think the execs are taking a shot in the dark with this one, going out on a limb in good faith with extra cash. If this turns out to be as good as it's looking to be, we have to SHOWER this with love. Shout from ON HIGH our praises. This could be the first domino.

It's good for what it is, a writer driven cartoon. Still not the game changer this is looking to be.

>This is one of the biggest fucking deals this entire decade
Nobody will give a shit

The fuck is this? I expected this to be something fucked up like him raping kids in the Pooh voice but it's nothing but bitter spousal allegations with barely any info and only a few literal who articles. There has been nothing from Disney mentioning recasting any of his characters. Things seem fine for him since nothing blew up.

Pretty sure it's Eric Bauza doing a lot of the voices now.

>The word animation is a flip book
NUTT

Seems like an odd choice. Can he do a good Bugs and Daffy?

>Jeff Bergman's Bugs Bunny sounds worse and worse with each iteration so i'm hoping he's replaced.
Eric Bauza is Bugs now, take a listen

behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Looney-Tunes-World-of-Mayhem/Bugs-Bunny/

See for his Daffy

His Bugs is just okay when he does it in short bursts but he loses the voice when talking in sentences. His Daffy is actually pretty decent.

Shut the fuck up.

I think World of Mayhem was his first time as Bugs. Hopefully he managed to get accustomed to that voice since then.

Where can I watch the first short when it comes out? Where exactly are they showing it outside of the festival? Will the behind the scenes look at the production also be part of the video presentation for me to watch online? Will they have orchestral music in the same vein as Carl Stalling as well as musical sound effects for the movement of the characters? What does it cost to make one of these shorts as opposed to one from the 1930's and 40's? What classic shorts will you be watching leading up to the release?

I have so many questions.

Oof... that's.. not great.

Attached: 1512862497686.jpg (1273x922, 113K)

No shorts are worth watching, nor are they important to watch for animation

>Will they have orchestral music in the same vein as Carl Stalling as well as musical sound effects for the movement of the characters?
I can't find it now but I remember they are having an orchestra do the music

Retard.

The low-effort bait in this thread I swear

I might finally buckle down and dig into the (hq) pack. I've only ever caught incidental shorts on TV. Time to go through the chronology.

Here's a fun fact from Billy West. When he asked June Foray (Granny, Witch Hazel} about Arthur Q. Bryan (Elmer Fudd) the only thing she vividly remembered about him is that he "liked little boys". That's right, kids. Elmer Fudd was a pedophile.

Are any of the blu-ray or collected shorts censored or Disney style "Restored"?

Are they using the same piano and room where they originally did the music? It's still there and they used it for the Spielberg cartoons of the early 90's.

Yes. But i'd say over 99% of the shorts are available uncut in some form.

>No Marvin
I am sad

Good luck. These cartoons are hard to binge even despite the short length. I can only handle 2 or 3 a day. It may sound weird but trust me. That sort of animation tires you out quickly and there are hundreds of shorts.
The Golden & platinum collections are great and they don't fuck up/alter the original prints with DNR. Just clean well restored prints. No Disney bullshit here... as far as I can tell

Which looney tunes members were added after the 40s?

No. WB actually spent the time and money to properly restore their shorts unlike the mouse. Though to be fair the Disney Treasures sets were properly restored from what I recall, it's only the movies where they shit the bed.

oh, I never bought the golden and platinum collections because I thought they were improperly restored. Thanks user

There's better examples of his Bugs on his twitter.

twitter.com/bauzilla/status/1121226824992690176?lang=en

He sounds way more confident there. I'm sure doing a few dozen shorts helped with that lol

Attached: bugs why.png (751x864, 71K)

I'm still not completely sold.. maybe if they adjusted the pitch just a little.. not sure

Attached: 1516614367653.jpg (400x300, 16K)

why the long face? would be kino desu

This thread should have 1000 posts and should be major news but I don't see many discussing it. The new Looney Tunes shorts is a massive stepping stone for modern animation since for a decade American cartoons have relied on cheap flash animation for TV cartoons. The fact we'll be getting a ton of expensive animated shorts with a ton of fluid movement, smears, and rapid changes in facial expressions is like eating stale hershey bars for decades and suddenly biting into a freshly made Swiss chocolate bar. For a board dedicated to comics & CARTOONS, this should be priority #1. These new Looney Tunes shorts are probably the most important animated related anything of the past 20 years. If they are popular and successful, we could see a new renaissance for animation. Maybe we can even get a bunch of shows that don't look like carbon copies of Steven Universe or Gravity Falls. This is legitimately exciting and ambitious for WB.

a renaissance is impossible. Most people don't know how to hand-drawn animation, much less draw.

This is pretty big news. Looney Tunes has not been consistently good since since 1963 and WB ended production of the original shorts in the late 60's so the fact we're getting quality similar to peak Looney Tunes from the 1930's-40's is an absolute miracle. This is pretty fucking dope regardless if you're a fan or not.

>impossible
You say that but shows like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Simpsons, Ducktales, Batman TAS, Beavis & Butthead, and Ren & Stimpy all came out after 2 decades of shit like He-Man, G.I. Joe, Smurfs, Snorks, the shitty HB Scooby Doo clones, Super Friends.. all of which had far worse animation than anything nowadays. It's never impossible.

Forgive them, they know not what they do. Just get ready to shill and more importantly MEME the shit out of it when they drop.

It could happen. We just have to make the companies start a quality war when they see that effort produces better reception.

It's fucking astounding.

Nope, WB have been pretty good with the shorts. No editing on the Golden and Platinum collections at all. On the UK release of Volume 4 of the GC they did omit 7 shorts though, but 3 of them are on the PC anyway. Some of the Super Star collections have cropped ratios so watch out for them. The Chuck Jones Mouse Chronicles Blu-ray is great as well, same with the Tom & Jerry Golden collection, though they did omit a short or two which people got pissed about so they cancelled future volumes even though 2 was ready to go. The Porky Pig 101 collection has a few audio problems. The recently released Popeye the Sailor: The 1940s: Volume 1 blu-ray is fucking spectacular.

I think the issue is that most of this isn't really news. It's two seconds from a preview. We already knew about and discussed everything else. It's all good news, too, and getting into the 300s is respectable. It's more concerning if discussion dies after a short comes out that's widely accessible.

Honestly we barely know about this enough to talk about it more then we are now. This is the first little snippet we have, we don't know how it will sound outside several voices, how the jokes will land, if the animation will be this consistent.
If it all holds up then we shill this across the internet to make it as popular as we can and hope it brings influence to shake the industry

Right. We're at two seconds of cartoon and some news articles. On June 10th we'll find out what we're really looking at.

*saves cartoons*

Gonna laugh my ass off when animation fanatics retroactively put Uncle Grandpa in the relevant canon.

Attached: IMG_2343.png (432x288, 151K)

Can you give me a quick rundown of the event? What time is the premier and where exactly I can watch it?

>The Porky Pig 101 collection has a few audio problems.
And I had my eye on that collection, too. Are there better alternatives to getting the older Porky solo shorts?

I don't know honestly. We do know it'll be released to the public, so my guess is youtube.

Some bootleg copies online are the definitive versions of a few of the shorts, but almost all of 101 is the definitive version

Since this is the Looney Tunes thread, I was wondering if you guys knew of a resource that breaks down all of the old guard directors/animators and their styles. It seems like every big Looney Tune fan seems to know a lot about these guys. I understand Bob Clampett enough, and Chuck Jones of course.

amazon.com/Warner-Brothers-Animation-Jerry-Beck/dp/0883631075

Who are some overrated characters? Personally I've never found Tweety very funny nor am I big fan of the Roadrunner shorts mostly because they're all the same. Also timid Porky is trash.

Speedy gonzalez
Queen Martian
Pete Puma

How bad are the audio problems? I don't imagine it would be impossible to mux fixed audio with the better video.

Roadrunner is my favorite, I like the consistency. I don't think i've ever met a guy who loves tweety shorts. A few girls I know love em. I'd like to see some spice up with that dynamic.

Thad K's blog and Jerry Beck's Cartoon Research are definitely the most thorough in dissecting who animated which scenes and giving background history into the lives of the artists at WB

John K's blog is the next best, but he goes more into animation techniques and philosophy than detailing who did the exact shots in the cartoons

Naked Tweety was a riot. He was a real asshole for those two shorts. Then when they redesigned him with feathers they completely toned him down.

>Honey Bunny
who the fuck

Thanks fellas. I already check Cartoon Research a lot, that site is a treasure.

Really not that bad. Biggest issue is wrong title cards which sucks but at the end of the day is livable.

I dunno why but 0:10 made me lose my shit when I first saw it

Okay now can you link me the scans for this book so I don't have to purchae it?
Links to both? Is John K. still active ever since the allegations about him came out? I know he wrote and directed an upcoming Ren & Stimpy short (which Billy West is unfortunately not involved with} but does he still blog?

Not super bad or anything from what I recall, just some titles have partially the wrong music etc if memory serves. I didn't get the set myself though since I refuse to buy burned dvds. Why the WA still uses them is beyond me, especially when all their blu-rays are pressed. I'd have happily paid for the set in sd blu-ray.

Whelp, looks like my plans aren't changing, then. Might as well get it before the shorts start coming out. It could get more expensive.

Porky's better when he's less timid and has more aggression to him.

>he wrote and directed and upcoming Ren and Stimpy short

Really?

Also don't be a cheapskate, Jerry is based.

>This is a big fucking deal. There hasn't been a consistent number of big budget high quality Looney Tunes shorts since the 1960's. How can they afford to do 1000 minutes in this day & age with the animation industry being in the shitter? Does the Looney Tunes name even matter in 2019 and can they make a legitimate profit off of these new shorts? I guess it's better to do something big with a franchise like this instead of fucking up the formula like the Looney Tunes Show or putting out very mediocre content like Wabbit.
They'll either make profit in syndication on digital platforms, or it's a money laundering scheme that everyone gets to enjoy. Probably the same money laundering scheme that was funding shit like Tom & Jerry and the Chocolate Factory

>It could get more expensive.
Not likely since the set is MOD DVDs by the Warner Archive. I'd be more worried with the Golden/Platinum/Chuck Jones/Tom & Jerry sets going out of print first, but even then that's not very likely either.

Mickey Mouse WISHES he was lookin this good.

Bugs use to have yellow gloves. The fact they added such an obscure thing just makes me more excited. There's hope.

They've stated it's going to be broadcast. Cartoon Network is getting Looney.

Yeah. Eric Bauza voices Stimpy and some literal who voices Ren. It's either attached to the Dora movie or more likely the next Spongebob movie.

I don't have any links, maybe try ic's artbook thread. It'll be there if it's online

So the allegations everyone takes for granted is bullshit? Nickelodeon is really working with him?

*cans without labels echos in the distance*

Bugs' merchandising bitch pre-Lola

Well it was already being made before he was outed. I imagine they were close to finishing it before the news came out so it would be retarded to scrap it.

They don't have to work with him to work with Ren & Stimpy

Is there anything more stale than rabbit season, duck season? Also rewatched What's Opera, Doc after years of avoiding it since it was shown way too much in re-runs. It really is a masterpiece.

I don't think it ever gets old imo.

I wish I could get this autistic over Looney Tunes

I have a pretty good time.

> Is John K. still active ever since the allegations about him came out?
Yeah he started posting again this year. His most recent post was a tribute to Chris Reccardi (OG Ren and Stimpy artist and a big influence on today's stroyboarders in the industry) who recently passed away
Funny enough John doesn't mention how he fired Chris from the original R&S for dating his then gf Lynne Naylor

Probably a good thing he didn't, a rare sign of maturity.

eh only way will know if this is truly is kino is when we see Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner or Sam and Ralph short

>Sam and Ralph short
My dick.

Think we'll get a Wackyland throwback?

I'm not really a massive LT guy. I'd be lying if I said i've seen every short or even most of them. I couldn't even tell you who animated what but even I can appreciate high quality animation. It is extremely rare in 2019 to get this kind of animation. Not even Disney does it since all their theatrical films are 3DCG and rely on different techniques. For Warner Brothers to make 200+ of these hand-drawn shorts which probably cost $400,000 give or take is not only insane but it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint, which is beautiful.

Some guy just DECIDED to take a chance on making something genuinely good just to see what would happen. God bless him.

But but muh numbers

Attached: BobIger.jpg (1880x3000, 2.99M)

>>No Speedy Gonzalez
That isn't him in yellow at the bottom right?

Watching a Bob Clampett documentary on YouTube. It's pretty interesting and John K. is very informative about his work.

For all his faults, nobody can say John K. Doesn't know his shit.

Nope, that's the Gremlin.

Objectively wrong. He was a talentless hack with a show nobody watched with weak animation, storytelling, and a myriad of other problems. He was always a poor animator that didn't know anything and accomplished nothing within his life. I wish he never animated anything.

Very likely. The Dodo is in the crew shirt. He's one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters just for the surreal visual alone.

Just because he knows his shit doesn't mean he applied it well. Calm down Thad.

By the way, without him we wouldn't have gotten Cartoon Network the way it turned out to be under Betty Cohen, so that's enough of a saving grace to me than any Adult Party Cartoons.

user you can hate John K for grooming teenage girls but you don't have to lie about his accomplishments.

He didn't do shit

>Just because he knows his shit doesn't mean he applied it well.
He knew how to draw at some point.

Alright user.

Both the New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Ren and Stimpy were integral to setting up the 90's boom. You don't have to like either to acknowledge this. If you don't believe R&S informed the sensibility of every young cartoonist at the time, check out the What a Cartoon Show.

Yeah i'm sure the crew of 2 Stupid Dogs weren't influenced at all and never went on to create the first wave of Cartoon Network shows. I'm sure the Rocko Team took no inspiration, and Spongebob from Rocko, nope.

Daily reminder Justin Roiland was heavily influenced by John K. so there's another accomplishment.

Clampett > Avery > Jones

Chuck got full of himself after a point.

Genndy Tartakovsky has said he really likes Ren and Stimpy too. Rebecca Sugar used to comment on John K's blog.

Welp this thread is dead as fuck. Was pretty good while it lasted.

Nothing else to discuss really. 101 unique IPs is pretty good. Proud of you, Yea Forums.

>101 unique IPs
Where?

Attached: IMG_2345.jpg (213x67, 5K)

He means posters
For literally 2 seconds of animation close to 400 replies is amazing. The only think we could do now is break down the scene frame by frame to show the effort put in

Doesn't sound like it.

twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme/status/1127050001547317248

How is the animation done?

seems like a great guy. one of the few people working in animation right now that doesn't ruin his own reputation with dumbass tweets

Guess i'll storytime.

Attached: IMG_2357.png (1680x1050, 1.49M)

Attached: IMG_2358.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2359.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

Attached: IMG_2360.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2361.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2362.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2363.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2364.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2365.png (1704x1050, 1.59M)

Attached: IMG_2366.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2367.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2368.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2369.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

>when animation fanatics retroactively put Uncle Grandpa in the relevant canon.
I am quite certain Uncle Grandpa was always considered relevant.

Attached: IMG_2370.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2371.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Good on him. Such a sweet guy and I've even seen him take his adopted nig daughters to conventions. Imagine being that much of an angry whore that you'd try to ruin someone's career of making children happy just because you had a shit marriage.

Attached: IMG_2372.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Not sure what they're going for with this expression lol

Attached: IMG_2373.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2374.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2375.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

Attached: IMG_2376.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

>his adopted nig daughters
I just lost all respect for him

Attached: IMG_2377.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2378.png (1704x1050, 1.59M)

The CHAD line of action

Attached: IMG_2379.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2380.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2381.png (1704x1050, 1.59M)

Attached: IMG_2382.png (1704x1050, 1.6M)

Fuddtorok

Attached: IMG_2383.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2384.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2385.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

He spent his young adult life in New Orleans listening to Jazz.. Of course he has black daughters. If anything, he's a chad for giving these kids a dad they'd never see otherwise due to them being nigs. He's also got an adult white daughter.

Attached: IMG_2386.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_2387.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2388.png (1704x1050, 1.59M)

That's a real deal punch!

Attached: IMG_2389.png (1704x1050, 1.51M)

Apparently Porky is going to be very Clampett-esque according to Bob Bergen. This is great since post-Clampett Porky is garbage. They really are going the 40's Looney Tunes route. Expect some fucking weird wacky cartoons.

Attached: IMG_2390.png (1704x1050, 1.5M)

Attached: IMG_2391.png (1704x1050, 1.52M)

The blunt hit like...

Attached: IMG_2392.png (1704x1050, 1.52M)

Attached: IMG_2393.png (1704x1050, 1.51M)

Attached: IMG_2394.png (1704x1050, 1.54M)

>first retro Looney Tunes short with quality animation in 60 years
>first short is a Bugs fucking with Elmer in the woods episode
Tired of this overdone cliche.

Attached: IMG_2395.png (1704x1050, 1.52M)

We've got like 200+ coming bro, be happy.

Attached: IMG_2396.png (1704x1050, 1.53M)

Attached: IMG_2397.png (1704x1050, 1.54M)

Attached: IMG_2398.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

you're a fucking retard. LT is nothing but doing the same cliches again and again

Attached: IMG_2399.png (1704x1050, 1.51M)

This one will have variety. We know we have an Elmer/Daffy Indiana Jones style adventure based on the animatic private screening last year.

Attached: IMG_2400.png (1704x1050, 1.53M)

Attached: IMG_2401.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

Attached: IMG_2402.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

Attached: IMG_2403.png (1704x1050, 1.58M)

Issue with this frame sorry for size difference

Attached: IMG_2418.jpg (1702x1030, 237K)

Attached: IMG_2419.png (1704x1050, 1.56M)

Attached: IMG_2420.png (1704x1050, 1.57M)

Attached: IMG_2421.png (1704x1050, 1.54M)

Attached: IMG_2422.png (1704x1050, 1.54M)

>How dare you only complain about the most common cliche and not all the ones that are done far less
The absolute state of autists.

Attached: IMG_2423.png (1704x1050, 1.54M)

Attached: IMG_2424.png (1704x1050, 1.55M)

Attached: IMG_2425.png (1704x1050, 1.76M)

Attached: IMG_2426.png (1704x1050, 1.7M)

Attached: IMG_2427.png (1704x1050, 1.7M)

Link?

And there we go. Every frame in the clip to check out.

Attached: IMG_2428.png (1704x1050, 1.7M)

Just type Bob Clampett on YT and it should be the 1st video. Although it's actually short. They just repeat the first 20 minutes halfway in. I guess it was to avoid copyright. It says 39 minutes but it's really only 20.

Things to consider:
Note how these frames are not the same and also note how they escalate:
Similarly look at these, notice how even on similar frames they bother to redraw:
I already mentioned the great lines of action with the extremes. This level of attention in something that goes by so quickly bodes really well.

>I just lost all respect for him
>someone take care of a kid, made her his own daughter
>lose respect
Could you please tell me what is broken with your brain ?

I'm just curious if we can get expressive close ups. That's really what i'm after. This animation is really good, but it IS a conventional angle from a conventional distance like in most modern cartoons. Fingers crossed!

So, is it animated on 1 frame, actually ?

The new Mickey shorts are really popular though, especially with kids.
I don't think Disney cares if your friends on fucking Facebook, who even uses that anymore, dislike it.

Well it looks like they're going for the abstract backgrounds like the old shorts so I imagine they'll have a lot of creative camera angles.

Yes, this appears to be animated on 1s, they only occasionally held frames for timing.

We'll have to see how well these shorts do. It's definitely going to dance circles around it in terms of technicals. I'd be willing to bet slapstick too.

If the characters are well realized and the scenarios are good I see no reason for this to not at least be as popular.

Animationfag here. I love those new retro Mickey shorts for the creativity, humor and overall good writing. It's really good despite it's animation which really isn't all that bad. Just doesn't compare with what new Looney Tunes is offering.It's the best thing they've done with Mickey since Runaway Brain.

Yeah, I mean I hate to pick on the Mickey shorts, but the comparison will be there. I bet you the success of those helped push this project along.

>Cartoon Network is getting Looney
For like a month, then it'll get dumped on Boomerang

Has Miller officially left yet?

Anyway, we have a few names for the shorts and some plot synopsis: looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Cartoons

>Pepe le Pew in 2019
Wew

Found the kino. What are these partner ups?

Attached: IMG_2429.jpg (750x424, 53K)

>Spending a ton of money on 200 shorts that potentially cost more than their average 22 minutes shows just to dump them in a place that's not their main channel.
Yee I doubt it.

I doubted CNReal but look what happened.

We're past the Snyder era, son. Let it go. We're in Warner country now.

"extremely"
You have my attention.

Might be fake and gay, can't find a source.

Literally the 1st 4 episodes sound exactly like remakes of classic shorts. Why? They're even doing another Porky/Sylvester haunted castle short.

Also why the fuck is there 3 pepe episodes. Seems a bit much.

>Things feel three dimensional instead of being built to be seen at only a few angles
God this still bothers me incredibly whenever I see it. Some shows pretty much only use 3/4th and front angles, shit's so distracting.

I think it's mainly the teeth.
It looks like the X-DuckX

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>World's first frame by frame storytime
God bless you user

>why the fuck is there 3 pepe episodes
gotta take back the word from /pol/

>People are falling for the Wiki as a source meme

>No pipe
HERESY

GARFIELD

>he remembers XDuckX
based user

>tired of Bugs fucking with Elmer for approx. 7 minutes
what the fucks wrong with you

see ya next month, faggot.

God dammit why did Joe Alaskey have to die

wow, fucker looks SO. PUNCHABLE.

user, it's literally 2 seconds of animation, and you're already to the conclusion that the entire thing won't be able to compare?

eh, it's all done by computers anyway. Don't see the big deal

where do you think you are? it's cool to obsessively hate black people

Surprised to see thread still up.

Nah.

I'm one of those people that think 99.99999% of all cartoons made in the past 20 years are complete shit. That looks pretty good. At the very least, it's good enough.

Back in Action missed the mark? The live action segments are not great but the animated bits are really, really good.

It wasn't. The scene with Bugs, Daffy, and Elmer at the museum could have been a short film on its own, and other scenes like Daffy running around the movie lot, the fight at Sam's casino, or climax in outer space were all pretty fun.

The problem with Back in Action is BF's shit acting.

I wonder how many new characters are going to show up in the old style and stay in the Looney Tunes cannon.

Attached: 1427061797520.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Don't bank on Martian Queen, user. Fun thought, but not the same era.

Why not? They can't possibly only have the main members of the cast if they want the normalfags to be interested

It's time to admit your interests are motivated by lust, user. There's a very specific reason you want to see her again, and it's not humor.

all the animated stuff was fucking great but the plot of the movie was awful and so was everything about the live action characters

Is there rights issues with her or something? I heard about that in regards to merch but I'm not sure
If they can her pure sex appeal can easily fit into a Duck Dodgers short if they make one

Attached: dereheis.gif (268x302, 1.54M)

Duck Dodgers with only pure wacky Daffy sounds... wrong

I love Looney Tunes, and I hope that this will bring a new renaissance for animation. Classical, Hand-drawn animation is the best and I miss it.

It was a fun thread, a hopeful thread
Let's see where else it takes us

I will be cautiously optimistic about this.

Thread almost dead :(