What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 1555457310655.jpg (426x597, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mp635dFXPo
discord.gg/Gc5ma39
youtube.com/watch?v=ahz18oOFF4o
youtube.com/watch?v=vAcOu3AAluY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing.

Attached: 1552707443424.jpg (480x808, 199K)

Not enough elf-pits

Attached: 958693828.png (626x613, 232K)

It's generic middle-schooler shit with terrible animation and none of the soul of something like atla or Wakfu.

Lesbian interracial queens giving birth to a loli queen. Every woman being super capable and super powerful. Ugly baby dragon. Quips quips quips all the time.

Attached: PBtOx.jpg (960x544, 112K)

It's done well enough to get three seasons so it can't be doing too awful.
But I really really think the people in charge vastly underestimated how much the animation would turn people off.

Its morals are all kinda fucked up. Like apparently dark magic is evil and manipulative and humans greedy and warlike for using it but almost all the elves we've seen thus far has been just as, if not more petty and antagonistic than the actual villains of the series, with even the 'nice' one casually mindfucking the protagonist for shits and giggles.

Pretty much everything about it is between decent and great except the writing. It has bad writing. Somehow. Despite the main showrunners being head writers from shows with great writing. I don't understand anything anymore.

She only said that to try to psyche herself up for some righteous murder.

>the 'nice' one casually mindfucking the protagonist for shits and giggles.
What?

Didn't they ruin "It wasn't the horse" Claudia?

It's focused on the wrong characters.

Attached: DnHqZTIXcAAazlY.jpg (1200x675, 81K)

>Not liking Claudia

But she said "It wasn't the horse". How can you not like a chick like that?

Using 2 out of 3 panels to take shit way out of context. Very skillful.

It doesn’t find a good balance between >“There are no real mustache twirling villains out there! Sometimes, people are just misguided, and things more often come in shades of grey rather than black and white”
and
>”yeah but these people are the bad guys and what they are doing is totally objectively wrong because we said so and the saturday morning cartoon story here won’t work if you don’t know they’re the bad guys.”

Think he's talking about Lujanne.

3d sloppy animation

nothing else

portraying "dark" magic as unquestionably evil, its just lazy.
nothing that can heal cripples and feed a hundred thousand starving people can be unforgivable, but they just gloss over all that.

not enough Elf Metal

Attached: videoplayback1.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Who said anything about not liking Claudia? The show goes wrong in because it's not focused on Claudia and Soren.

>nothing that can heal cripples
She needed to ask him fist.And dad is doing major bad accidents.

>And dad is doing major bad accidents.

dark magic doesn't kill people, people do.

Do the magic balls counts as "dark" magic?

Sorry man I love better Zuko and Azula.

Attached: 1553024163809.png (1500x4219, 3.61M)

>lesbian interracial queens giving birth to a loli queen.

Attached: what leif.png (198x342, 87K)

Animation looks like ass and it's way too preachy. Avatar handled pretty much the same themes much more organically.

How is the writing bad? Usually, when I hear this, it's complaints about minor things like dark magic not being morally complex enough or the two lesbian queens existing. It's never a complaint about the themes, character arc or pacing. So, if you've got a complaint, I'm up for it.

see

Digging this Runaan concept art.

Attached: D5k8JaRWAAEFTui.jpg (900x1200, 192K)

not him but.
the way dark magic is treated is a symptom of the bad writing, everything is so black and white, like say Viren for example, everytime the show has a chance to make him interesting and show that he might have his reasons and goals and motivations it just makes him do something cartoonishly evil.
the jokes also fall flat 4 out of 5 times(at least for me)
the show sets up this really interesting morally grey world then paints everything in black and white.
for the record i dont mind the diversity, harrows speech during viren's flashback makes me think that racism among humans probably used to be a thing before the elves trail of tears'd the humans and now all humans are united in their hatred of elves.

And Amaya

Attached: D5lJMaaWAAAZ5WT.jpg (1200x743, 153K)

Not nearly enough turgid human cocks pounding slutty elves into blissful comas.

The mute one has been ambushed and attacked several times.

The one at the moon nexus. She openly admits that she can use her powers to drive people insane and has done so before in order to keep people away from it, and uses illusion magic on the protagonist to casually mess with him, and she's supposed to be the 'good' moon elf.

You'd have to be wilfully stupid to think it's either their intent or the result that dark magic comes across as unequivocally evil.

"#WOKE" SJW pandering garbage, just like everything else Netflix makes.

Maybe they should stop trying to set up bases on the other side of the border if they don't like being attacked.

>Maybe they should stop trying to set up bases on the other side of the border if they don't like being attacked.
The humans or elves?

But it is quite clearly their intent, you'd have t be willfully stupid to ignore that.

It always comes back to dark magic not being complex enough. I wish that Ehasz had never stated that he was trying to make it complex. Because, people would have to try and find actual flaws in the show's writing.

The humans are the only ones setting up bases.
They've explicitly stated otherwise, so no, it isn't their intent.

>They've explicitly stated otherwise
Then they're failing spectacularly at their own storytelling since it is quite clearly conveying that dark magic is irredeemably a bad thing.

Nonsense.

Attached: Rayla ship stretch.png (980x980, 775K)

Keep telling yourself that.

>It always comes back to dark magic not being complex enough.

its the central conflict of the show, the entire reason elves and humans hate each other and the reason a war is brewing that the protagonist are trying to stop.
it not being complex IS bad writing.

>three practitioners have been shown
>two are very obviously not evil and the clear villain has been shown doing benevolent things with it
Nah. Like they said, it's a morally grey area. That is extremely obvious to anyone who's actually paying a minimal amount of attention.

you are straight up retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=9mp635dFXPo

watch this scene and try to tell me that the narrative is not CLEARLY portraying dark magic as evil even though Claudia is using it to heal her crippled brother.

It fell slightly short in a few places, and in the hellscape of 2019 that means that it's irredeemably awful, since the idea that a show can be good but not great died in the great korra war

The writing is bad because every adult character is functionally insane or retarded, and acts in ways that a poorly written character would act.

Harrow barely does anything to save his own life from assassins, basically gives up the second he hears of it. This would be fine if he was intended to be perceived as an idiot, but Harrow is supposed come across as a competent adult.

Harrow throws his starving peasants under the bus and damn near destroys his country to assist a not-particularly-friendly foreign country and no one says shit to the contrary except Viren, not even his supposedly smart and sassy queen. The only thing she has a problem with is doing anything to save the peasants or avert their impending doom. Harrow and Sarai are supposed to come across as competent adults.

Amaya knows Viren will betray her at the first opportunity but leaves her ginger boytoy alone with him anyway. Amaya is supposed to come across as a competent adult.

Human society and culture in general is as shockingly generic as possible. I guess that's not really an objective flaw, but it's annoying. What is an objective flaw is that humanity was collectively punished due to the existence of dark magic yet the collective human reaction to it seems to be a disinterested shrug. What the hell is that? Why are there only two dark mages in the entire series? Logically, it should be embraced or rejected, not ignored. It should either be a complete taboo or an important cultural institution. It's clearly not either.

That's a remarkably bad read on your part. Dark magic is the inciting incident. But, the central conflict is bad blood and petty acts of revenge. The king gets revenge on the dragon king, the elves get revenge on the king and now Viren wants to give it what for to the elves. The actual central conflict is complex, because too many people are invested in a war and there's no guarantee that Azymondias will stop further conflict. We still have more to learn about what Aaravos wants and why he gave dark magic to the humans, so I think you've drawn a conclusion based on very little.

I think buddy boy is stupid, willfully or otherwise.

>no, it isn't their intent

Then they are bad writers. Add their failure to convey that idea to the mounting list of reasons why.

It's not though. I don't know why you thought that scene would further your argument when it obviously doesn't. Magic involving sacrifice has been around in stories forever, and the mere involvement of sacrifice doesn't mean something is automatically evil. There's no sentience to the spells.
You'd have a much better argument if you said it was damaging, which is indisputable.

These aren't genuine criticisms of the show's themes or character arcs or pacing. They're cinema sins complaints. Minor nickpits that only annoy people who already weren't invested.

but wakfu is shit

You not paying attention isn't anybody's fault but yours.

>These aren't genuine criticisms of the show's themes or character arcs

As if anyone with a triple digit IQ gives a fuck about autistic shit like that. I just told you how every adult character acts like a crazy person. That's bad writing. You are too stupid to be worth speaking to.

to say dark magic is only the inciting incident is very disingenuous, it remains extremely relevant, Rayla was very mad at callum when he used it, the elves are clearly still but hurt about it.
its a central theme that is tackled very poorly.

>IQ
Insecure much? Your complaints are as weak as asking why the protagonist in a horror movie doesn't ring the police. If the writers actually accounted for your criticisms, then yeah there'd be less plot holes. But the story would also be boring.

>that music
>everyones fear when they see Claudia
>claudia's black eyes and grey hair streak

this is your last (you) since you cant even understand the authorial intent in a show made for children.

You willfully ignoring what's actually being shown in favor of the writers telling you what they say you should be seeing isn't anybody's fault but yours.

>arguing intent again
Keep your shitposts straight you pathetic faggot.

What makes you think the elfs are just but hurt about dark magic? It probably has more to do with what the fist dark mage did using is then anything. Also consider that Nazi accident still make Germans look evil today.

Good thing I'm not the one ignoring what's actually being shown.

To call me disingenuous is a weak way of trying to hand wave away my points. None of which you addressed. Whilst dark magic is relevant, it's only as to remind us why there's bad blood. Bad blood being the actual central conflict. I'd even argue that there's your moral ambiguity. You've stepped right over it.
How can the war end, if humans don't want to give up dark magic? Why would humans want to give up dark magic, if it can heal people? A baby dragon won't solve this. These are questions that are difficult to answer and there's the complexity of the issue.

Well you can't expect people on Yea Forums to notice blatant moral ambiguity when they could instead be crying about how there's no moral ambiguity because they say so.

>Why would humans want to give up dark magic, if it can heal people? A baby dragon won't solve this. These are questions that are difficult to answer and there's the complexity of the issue.

except the narrative treats it like the humans are completely wrong to want to have access to magic.
it remains to be seen but right now it really looks a black and white world.
hopefully seeing xadia next season will help remedy this problem but im not optimistic.

The story would be boring if the characters were presented as competent? Nothing I mentioned was really a plothole, they're things that make the characters and world feel wrong. Like they were written poorly.

Let me rephrase it in an autism-friendly manner:

When Harrow rolls over for assassins to kill him, that hurts the THEME of him not being a retard.

When Harrow gives away all of his slave's food so they starve and die, that hurts his CHARACTER ARC of being black king Jesus.

When Amaya leaves her helpless babyman paramour alone with an evil wizard that hurts her CHARACTER ARC of being a badass general who knows her shit.

When humanity doesn't give a fuck about dark magic that hurts the THEME of humanity being punished for using dark magic

The fact that we see dark magic used to such great effect throughout the show is clearly supposed to make you question its morality. The two practitioners we've seen are both portrayed as sympathetic even likeable. The executive producer out right put Viren as chaotic neutral. Just because Callum, a character that is full on drinking the elf juice, thinks dark magic is bad doesn't mean that the show is asserting that.

What once bad about dark magic in my opinion is psychological damage to the user.It be interesting if the Elfs made the magic balls.

Even Callum doesn't seem to think it's THAT bad. He doesn't like it, and I don't think we're expected to outright like it either, but he's willing to use it out of necessity and he obviously doesn't judge people who use it by the fact that they do.

Hey, user. I don't think you know what themes and character arcs are and are trying to make round pegs fit into square holes; because you got called out on not having legitimate criticisms.

Aaron lost all of his mojo

I want to talk about the themes of the cartoon.1.The young people want to stop the war.

GANGS OF VICIOUS MOON ELF FEMALES STEALING THE VIRGINITIES OF FIT, DEFENSELESS YOUNG PRINCES

>defenceless young step-princes
ftfy

It took 3 episodes before i realized rayla is a girl

>harrows speech during viren's flashback makes me think that racism among humans probably used to be a thing

I’d like to think that there’s an in-universe explanation like that for Harrow bringing up human on human racism, when from what we’ve seen of the time the show is set in, it doesn’t seem to exist. But, I have a feeling it’s just never going to come up and Harrow’s comment will just remain weirdly out if place. If we see a flashback to a time before the split, I bet it’ll be just as racially diverse and tolerant as ever. I think the writers just didn’t put that kinda thought into the speech and tossed that part in without realizing it doesn’t really work in their setting. It’s kinda like how the Legend of Korra comics just kinda decided to make Sozin a homophobe out of the blue even though it really didn’t seem to fit the setting or lore.

I hate this character but I can't put my finger on why I hate him

Attached: DlomCH_UUAAR1BW.jpg (1200x1200, 63K)

Are they going to address the coins stuff again?
discord.gg/Gc5ma39

Attached: D3Es3QgUYAcBsVH.jpg (1199x1200, 139K)

Reminder that Viren did nothing wrong

He lost his shit in public over a twelve-year-old not liking his power point.

Only because the rest of the "adults" present were just doing whatever the 12 year old did. That was pathetic, and another example of bad writing.

I really want to see this characters dance or just Rayla headbangging

Attached: 1552159221536.jpg (938x701, 73K)

We never found out if elf horns are an erogenous body part

Almost definitely. They've already confirmed that we'll be seeing Runaan again and that there's a story they want to tell with him. Unless that's all going to be a flashback, the coins will have to come up again.

Even if the other regents were being stupid, throwing a tanty wasn't going to get him anywhere and just made him look bad.

Attached: tumblr_pr9al2bXLT1sl90kro1_1280.jpg (540x764, 125K)

Too smart for how old he is

Basically this and extensions of this. The show expects you to ignore more common sense constantly and just believe whatever they tell you even when they're showing you the opposite. Over and over again so many things just dont add up. In season 1, people said it would be addressed in season 2, well that came and went and they not only didnt explain shit but they added even more inconsistencies.

3D animation is much more expensive than 2D even if it looks worse
a show like She-Ra has its flaws but at the very least has variety in scenery

dragon prince only likes to stay in the same 3 locations

How is our main bad guy so non-threatening? Have any of his schemes actually worked?
Also, how did Claudia and Soren cross that big lake so quickly? Did I somehow miss an episode?

Ifucking hate how lazy the sound design for the baby dragon is

Bland and generic story and characters, average designs, works on like 15 frames for some reason.

If you can't convince a fucking child that they're in danger and they should trust you then you are unfit to guide full-blown adults.

Viren is a shifty mother fucker.
She's right to distrust him.

Attached: dragon prince s02e02.mkv_snapshot_22.08_[2019.02.17_16.27.51].png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

She's right. She just doesn't know that yet. He made an appeal to emotion and it simply didn't have the affect on her that he thought it would. He miscalculated.

The elves are pretty clearly massive cunts though.
The dragons might even be worse.
I’m not saying go full Garithos just yet, but putting it on the table is a sensible idea.

Honestly the tonal shifts of the show really throws me way off. I mean a serious situation would come then gets immediately undercut by some yuk yuks that just kills the Scene for me. Someone told me its tone was just like avatar and the seriousness and the comedy was the same way but I don't think it so. I mean I think there was some cases of the comedy undercutting the serious of the scene in avatar but not as bad as I fin here on Dragon Prince. IDK, there other problems too, but overall this show never got to grasp me.

If he has a pouch full of the essence stolen from magical creatures that can fly under the radar, I wouldn’t be surprised if he used it to either jailbreak or continue fucking with things from prison.
Maybe his plan is for things to go so far into the shit that they have no choice but to let him out.

>Ezran is too smart for his age and has weird powers that need explaining
>Oldest brother needs to make smarter decisions and experiment with his magic
>We need to understand why Rayla likes Callum and her culture as a whole.
Show has promise but needs alot more episodes to explain everything

>Also consider that Nazi accident still make Germans look evil today.

Are you retarded or Polish?

They probably did have a man involved at some point.

It’s been a while since I saw the first few episodes, but I got the impression she’s considered weird even by fellow elves.
We’ll need more to confirm, but it might be as simple as the fact he puts up with her shit, even if he has his limits.

It looks like shit

Does it now. What does look good to you, user?

>or

Attached: 5B8A72C4-CE16-415A-91A5-6B5E943B1060.jpg (682x450, 82K)

It looks like a game on the Nintendo ds

Even if people like her you can’t help notice how she downplays humans as lesser than elves. This is on full display when she goes on about elf history or dismissing the princes desire to learn magic.

I bet you make political decisions with your feelings as well and think the Last Jedi was a gift of quality from your Disney over lords.

Damn, you sound like an actual bigot.

I know we all joke about racism here but you seem very sincere in your arguments.

The writers already stated the the only drawback is that using dark magic, depending on the kind, will only take away a portion of the users life.

It doesn’t affect your mind but you won’t live as long as you would not using it. This too me makes dark magic look even more commendable as Claudia scarified a bit of her time to heal her brother.

Despite everything so far, he’s still naive and too trustworthy to the elves.

Does Wakfu get better? I thought the first episode was pretty bad.

Viren is a cuck and Claudia and Chad Arent His kids

Amaya with a white hair streak would be way hotter

canadian jokes
boring lore and world
"wise kids vs dumb adult" world
Literally the Got of cartoons, without the tiddies.

Can't help but agree, so many character act like they are making their decisions as if they read the script way into the future instead of the plot laid out in front of them if that makes sense.

Wakfu gets better absolutely. Episode you need to watch first should be Nox's backstory, not needed for the first seasons plot but gives you a good incite for whats to come.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahz18oOFF4o

What is the appeal of raylaxcallum exactly? Callum is a worse sokka and rayla isnt cute

Abrasive Scottish elves strike a chord for a surprising amount of people

Quick OC

Attached: DragonPrince02.jpg (600x2588, 223K)

Good work, user.

Good work indeed.

Attached: Rayla Excellente.png (386x408, 77K)

Good stuff

Attached: 5C0BCAF9-6E32-4845-8409-93ABD707C677.jpg (304x500, 28K)

Not my question, user.

But her dad lived for, like, 300 years.

The only people who ever claim humans ate bad are the elves who are shown to be dicks themselves.
Where do you people keep getting this idea we are supposed to be siding with the elves?
Both sides of the conflict are clearly both morally gray

Did I miss something major about Viren’a age, or am I totally fucking up my reading comprehension?

>rayla isnt cute
Aside from the kill all elves group, I have no idea why people say this. She's both physically and emotionally attractive.

Attached: Rayla Tree.jpg (2000x2600, 487K)

Wait, this isn't Viren?

youtube.com/watch?v=vAcOu3AAluY

I've been working from the assumption he's the asshole who caused the initial rift between humans and elves in the first place because he was messing around with dark magic, and has been prolonging his lift with it for these past centuries.

It's definitely the same staff he's using.

They're trying to hard to be similar to ATLA instead of just developing interesting characters with their own motivations and building good story arcs. A lot of the humor seems forced.

The show has potential, but it needs to find its footing.

He's easily got the weakest VA performance, for one

>emotionally attractive

What does this even mean?

Personality, not body. We've seen a lot of how she behaves emotionally. Not just superficial personality traits, but deep reactions with Callum and the natty-haired cancer-lump.

Her personalstyrkan is katara, she sucks. Rayllum is literally sokaxkatarra itd incest

Nah, he'd definitely know about Aaravos prior to the mirror if that were the case. Also, old mage and Viren have different eye and hair colors.

The only similarity they share is overcompensating for their respective issues.

>katara
You're really stretching for something that isn't there.
>a pairing between non-related characters from a different show is incest
At best it would be wincest.

Attached: Rayla Lewd.png (1227x691, 1.22M)

If he were that guy, he'd be a hell of a lot more savvy than he is.
Though I am wondering if, given there's a dragon species for each primal source, there's a Dark equivalent.

How will they ruin raylum next season

Pandering to shippers is my biggest fear, and I actually like the concept.
The fact it's been 18 episodes with only a platonic hug so far does make me hopeful that they won't go full Korra.

She almost had a love confession

That could have been anything.
I don't think you're like other humans, for example.

Postmodernism.
They literally incapable of creating genuine hero's adventure and making some shitty deconstruction with huge influence of their political views.

He's my only real issue with the show. He's way too smart for his age and comes across as perfect at everything.

Are you sure the elves forcing humans onto a corner of the continent after magically inert humans learned they could use a magic elves and dragons disapproved of, but now the main characters are trying to undo generations of warfare between species by proving there was less murder (which is pretty dumb), is real-world politically charged?

I'm sure you could find examples of things that look like they could be taken for shaky fantasy metaphors of real life, but might also just be coincidence or you projecting way too damned hard.

Attached: Projecting.jpg (629x532, 23K)

We all are postmodernists, man. It's the fucking world we live. Yea Forums(nel) is postmodernist, president Trump is postmodernist. A fucking mess of contradictory ideas without a center

While I don't agree with the postmodernist buzzword, the staff have their agendas by including deaf aunt or lesbian queens on a setting that traditionally wasn't kind to the disabled and fags. Also there's the old Hollywood misinterpretation of ecology as a natural balance that was in perfect harmony until the industrialization happened because it was against nature itself. I'm totally against greedy corporations destroying the planet but this idea of a generous mother Earth that provided everything to her children is ridiculous. Agendas exist, we all have a perspective and there's nothing wrong with expressing them but TDP went a little too far in some places.

Aaravos is clearly the Big Bad, not Viren

>deaf aunt
Because you want a boring as fuck setting with no interesting characters? Someone in the other thread pointed out crippled military leaders existed, maybe because they were driven, and it's fun to have INTERESTING characters rather than more cardboard cut outs.
>setting that wasn't kind to fags
Ahhh yes, I remember just after the 5th century when the first Christian churches were established, but then the elves rounded us up and Trail o' Teared us into their undesired lands beyond the river of lava. Sucks now that we're perpetually monitored by the knife-eared fucks and dra-

Your dumb ass does realize some cultures actual valued homosexuals right? And that the show doesn't take place in Medieval Europe? That this show's society probably didn't take the some cultural evolution as they were too busy dealing with other species?

Attached: Do not dumb here.jpg (800x666, 77K)

>Your dumb ass does realize some cultures actual valued homosexuals right?
Like the ancient Greeks and feudal Japan? I know but those homos had to marry women anyway. Buttfucking was for recreation and creating manly bonds. Our current homosexual culture born in the 19th century when medical science decide to take charge of the issue instead of religion

>the first seasons plot
And a good plot it was, too. Too bad the show spent way more time on forgettable, dorky filler episodes.

Actually I was thinking of small tribes, who considered them to be women who could do men or women's work. There's actually some evolutionary advantage to a small population of homosexual males.

Again, there's nothing to suggest there'd be a severe stigma against homosexuals, racism, or really any reason to make assumptions at all; as this world has alien invaders to deal with. If we had to deal with Elven prejudice before we were able to develop any of our own, it might be a different story book than our world. We'd have someone else to hate, someone who has always abused us all with indifference.

Well, for one, Ehasz decided to once again use this pretty bland, Avatar-esque would-building.
It feels more like a new setting for Bionicle than a proper fictional world.

Fucking fingerless gloves.

Dark magic isn't a source holy shit

Those are bracers you mental midget. An armguard used in archery, or just fantasy armor.

Attached: Bracer.jpg (400x400, 51K)

Callum doesn't do archery.

Huh.

They also come in handy against bladed weapons.

Fingerless gloves are fine fuck you

>And a good plot it was, too. Too bad the show spent way more time on forgettable, dorky filler episodes.
Uh, no, it didn't?
The main plot flows like a river from Episode 8 to Episode 26. Remove episodes 4, 5, 6 & 7 and you have a serialized storyline.
And even if you don't want to include the Shushu Map Shenanigans and Boufbowl as parts of the "main story," that still leaves 15 episodes out of 26, over 50%.
That's a level of serialization even S1 of Avatar didn't have.

Oh, you meant hobo-hands on the right. Sorry.

They set up to have a very morally grey outlook, no true good or evil, just people trying to make the best of a situation
>Ezran's only avenue for magic is dark magic
>Viren trying to hold the kingdom together and push back against the elves
>both races trapped in an endless cycle of retaliation

and then they threw all of that out the window in the space of three very stupid episodes
> our neighbor kingdom is starving, so lets give away the food our kingdom desperately needs and starve with them!
>Over thousands of years and hundreds of generations, humans just never tried to do magic as hard as Ezran did.

Right now the only reason I have to continue this show is Sauron Elf & Viren, and the Loli that didn't roll over for Viren.

It will be more interesting if it turns out that there actually are rare cases of human primal mages and/or there are more humans with the potential that, due to not realising it was possible, never learned how.

The creators already stated there are already elven/human offspring running around so it wouldn't surprise me.

Why do I get the feeling that's going to lead into an episode of awkwardness with either the locals assuming they're a couple, talking about the merits of them being a couple, or Rayla shoving halfings in Callum's face going LOOK LOOK LOOK CUTE! You know damned well the writers are going to make an episode.

I really doubt it's just about trying harder. I'm betting it has something to do with handling baby dragon.
I don't know, maybe while elves are naturally in tune with one source, human need to be tuned by an external source or something.
Or her mother fucked an elf I don't know.

I imagine they'll have an elf say something along the lines of
>yes, it's possible, but staggeringly rare. *looks directly at the camera* like a human being a primal mage rare.
While Callum's disguised as an elf.

Given Callum and Ezran have a seemingly innate magical connection, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they have some sort of weird ancestry

perfection

Attached: D4Mp238UwAEi1j2.jpg (1200x821, 105K)

Rayla is for colonization.

Attached: Rayla Naughty.jpg (1450x2369, 529K)

>It's a disguised Callum gets on better with other elves than an increasingly flustered Rayla episode

>it's a Callum being surprisingly popular with elf ladies and more than a couple of elf chads while Rayla tears her hair in the background

Reminds me of that /tg/ screen cap where a guy was effectively dating a girl for two years without realising it.

>It's a Callum being revealed as a human, so Rayla is relieved, because sure, he is in mortal danger, but she can protect him, and they aren't going to take him away from her now—
>Elf crowd of Callum admirers: "You know what? That Aaravos guy had the right idea about humanfucking!"

I do kind of want an episode like Sokka’s master, where one of the elves who’s got to know him gives tips on how to disguise himself better.

It's a Netflix show, that happened. All Netflix productions are crap.

Attached: D4eOa_9UYAALgDV.jpg (1080x691, 58K)

Attached: D4eObwtU8AE2hwT.jpg (1080x689, 68K)

The Order was great to a degree where you can identify with the lead. He actually spits out the position he's in during a class lecture. And that was just more foreshadowing towards the ending I should have seen coming. Everything wrapped up neatly, cleanly, and predictably.

Are you some sort of nihilistic fuck that chugs liquor occasionally shouting, 'It's crap?'
[spoilers]You don't have to be alone anymore.[/spoilers]

Attached: The Order.jpg (804x536, 201K)

Attached: D4eOcKSU8AAim7z.jpg (1080x796, 65K)

Attached: D4eOc5nUEAETUVH.jpg (1080x706, 66K)

>he doesn't ctrl-s

Attached: D4eOek7U4AU46nB.jpg (1080x779, 59K)

Is she wrong?

Are you using an extension I'm not? That's upload for me.

Did some onions play BoF IV and try to make a shitty soulless version of Fu-Lou?
fucking yikes

Really? When you open up a reply window if you press it should automatically bring up the spoiler brackets

Nope. Tried again. Weird, maybe some other extension I use? Anyways, I fucked up the spoiler bracket using the REALLY old formula that worked both ways, my fault.

>call show "the Dragon Prince"
>character the show is named after is barely even a character that anyone gives a shit about

It all hinges on him, though.

Well they can't exactly call it "The adventures of Lewd Elf and Magic Boy"

Season 2 felt slower than 1, and it also felt "bottled". Other than that, nothing, really.

so when they are going to address the thingy about Rayla parents and their relationship and whatever "bad thing" they actually did or so Rayla said

Attached: D5axgZaWwAYInix.jpg (1229x2048, 344K)

the humor skews a little too young for me and the plot is a little confusing

She said they where elite guard, king's guard, and abandoned post while the king of the dragon was murdered and the prince was abducted (presumed killed).

Regardless of reasons, it made her a pariah.

fix it for you

Attached: fix.png (1080x779, 704K)

A framerate that makes a daguerreotype look fluid.

>no cute moon elf waif to teleport beside you
It hurts. We joined the wrong game, and in a bad server. How do I reduce shit down to 30hz during dates?

Attached: Rayla.gif (500x269, 1.9M)

Oh damn, season three is out? How'd they fuck it up, they were doing so well.

1000 hours in paint Im sure

Attached: 546843773523591188.png (83x103, 17K)

>Bad writing
>unbelievable diversity that looks like they went down a list and checked off boxes
>Terrible animation
>elves trying to claim humans are evil when they literally genocided humans
>etc...

Wasn't traditionally animated

Not enough porn. No Skuddbutt model of Rayla or Claudia yet.

>elves trying to claim humans are evil when they literally genocided humans
That has nothing to do with bad writing. Victors frequently rewrite history in their favor. Thankful your oldest books tell things as they are, and have always been.

Speaking of victors, it looks like those fire elves are crossing your borders. I can help with that.

Attached: Arravos.jpg (615x615, 161K)

We have some at least or so the /aco/ thread shows

Attached: DzlpDVMUYAAbUWy.jpg (724x1024, 94K)

This. Not the first post but still the best

bad pacing. we're 2 seasons in and if this were avatar where the show is at now feels like the middle of season 1. lots of cool things are happening but the season finales so far are barely big dramatic season ends that a person would come to expect from any other show.

so is this series going the LCB route then?

Attached: LCB_Logo2.jpg (644x425, 31K)

Callum is really the only character in this show I legit can't stand. Something about him is super fucking irritating and it's not even how generic he is.

Hes sokka

that would mean basically Callum and Rayla ending always in the run at least until they breed a half bred later on
Also LIIVI was the assassin while Callum was the one to be kill so...

Attached: 1414299294165.png (1889x763, 70K)

do we still dont know what the Water Elves look like?

Attached: D5VjaWXW0AUtmGF.jpg (1200x887, 190K)

Nope. Still haven't seen Earth Elves either.

Attached: tumblr_pfvnacZSBI1s73f17_1280.png (1280x960, 773K)

>Bionicle

A new ongoing series would be amazing, but given the current landscape of things recently.

>we're 2 seasons in and if this were avatar where the show is at now feels like the middle of season 1
If this were avatar it WOULD still be in season 1.
Avatar's first season had 20 episodes.
Both of the Dragon Prince's seasons were 9 episodes.

I hope you're not implying Bionicle was a shitty setting

Attached: BionicleLore.jpg (400x300, 80K)

Using Avatar as a reference, they’re basically at the northern water tribe right now.
Entering Xadia doesn’t sound like a bad comparative point.

>elfcucks seething about elf women lusting for men
top kek

i saw a shitload of people talking about this guy when s2 aired who wanted to check out the show just to meet the hot elf.

shameless elf-lust is why we're getting another season and we should all be grateful.

It surprised me to find out it was the same guy who voiced three dog of all people.

We have to be leaving postmodernism pretty soon and entering whatever we’re gonna call postpostmodernism.

I think GoT shitting the bed and Disney fucking up Star Wars will be the harbingers of postmodernism dying.
Too few writers grasp the ability to write irony, grey morality and subversion for it to survive much longer, and audiences are finally realising that the Emperor has no clothes.

It's all just another example of art being ruined when too much money and pressure is involved.

Creating high-quality art, especially stuff that's subversive, is really really hard. Otherwise everyone would do it. Good ideas don't come on demand either. Some ideas are good and some are bad,, and it takes time to experiment with those ideas and figure things out. When you're an unknown, you have all the time in the world to experiment and put together a really good idea.

But when you're coming off a string of hits and they're driving a dump trump full of money up to your house and you've got millions of anxious fans and they all NEED the next next script/album/book/whatever, you don't have enough time to sift through all your ideas and figure out which are good and which are bad.

You just gotta pick one, and it might be the wrong one. Or maybe after a while the pressure causes you to burn out and you stop giving a shit. Or maybe there's just so much money involved that they won't even let you be subversive anymore, because the franchise you created and they bought from you is too lucrative to take any risks whatsoever, because it could possibly be controversial.

Just be grateful Noldorfag hasn’t sniffed out these threads.
He makes the average Tumblr Fujo girl look like an amateur.

Attached: 2768972 - Azymondias Mr.Russo Rayla The_Dragon_Prince callum ezran.png (3000x6000, 2.98M)

Waku meanders hard as fuck for like 15 episodes in both seasons and then rules out of nowhere on the way to the finish line.

Man shut the fuck up, if ATLA came out today you'd be saying the same shit about it "forcing politics".

I just want a good Bionicle show lads, is that so wrong?

He has the cutest horns.

Holy fuck this looks worse than rwby

let's not say things we can't take back now.

Accest to magic =/= Dark magic
The problem with Dark Magic is that eventually it becomes the default solution to everything, and somehow I feel that they if some spell required the use of sentient magical beings they would just do some mental gymnastic to justify that (since constant use of Dark magic seems to have a detrimental effect the more you use it).

>Man shut the fuck up, if ATLA came out today you'd be saying the same shit about it "forcing politics".
This is sadly true. Another example:
If any of the discworld books were written today, Pratchett would have been called a filthy libtard by one side and an LGBTQRDT++whatever hero by the other.

lol no. If Jingo or Monstrous Regiment came out tomorrow, "progressive" side would hit the fucking roof and Terry would have a wonderful time ripping them to shreds wherever he went.

>we could've had a grey-streaked battle cougar
We have lost much

Attached: GabeSadFace.jpg (137x152, 6K)

The same could be said about the "conservatives" going bananas over all the STRONK WOMYN of the witches saga and Cherry being a character shoved to represent trannies.
And that is what I meant. If Pratchett were to write today the retards in the public would be all about political shitstorms instead of being about seeing things from the real world through the lens of comedic fantasy.

The S2 climax was the protagonists taking 12 hours to cross a lava river

is there romance with the elve girl?

Yeah, there was absolutely no reason for Viren to order the princes to be murdered other than to show that he is the bad guy

Not yet.
Very likely eventually.

Why did they even get a little girl to voice him?

Nearly every instance of usurpation throne involves some form of regicide. The kids have to go if he's to take rulership.

He was introduced as the generic little kid character that has a special bond with the whacky mascot character. Him fucking off to become king is the best thing they could have possibly done with him.

It's natural to hate mongrels

Bait is surprisingly endearing for the token mascot

Same way they always do to avoid having main characters hook up until the end of the series: either one of them gets a temporary love interest that makes the other one jealous or MISUNDERSTANDINGS!!

He's better than that shit Azy at least

Attached: Taking the Bait.jpg (1200x1024, 125K)

The problem goes more to the art direction. Aside from Illusion Mountain and the Breach most of the locations we've seen have been generic castle, generic medieval town #1, generic medieval town #2 and lots and lots of woods that look the same.

But there's NOTHING THERE.

Zym is more of a MacGuffin than a character

Elves did nothing wrong. If your race was naturally long lived, beautifull and had magic powers you'd be just as ''arrogant'' as they are and for a good reason

Anyone else think the girls in Dragon Prince would smell really bad? Rayla is averse to bathing, Claudia might smell of dead things or chemicals, Ellis of wet dog, and Amaya probably hasn't the time for things like bathing while there's a war on.

Rayllum Will be Canon between seasons and season 3 Will start with the breakup

Better believe that one's going in the book.

Attached: 1488756983250.gif (480x270, 3.58M)

You're working against the puberty clock if you get a little boy to voice him.

You can always get an adult woman to voice a kid.

I don't think so.

>Rayla is averse to bathing
Not liking something != not doing something, plus all we've seen is her avoiding large bodies of water, while a bath is not a large body of water, relative to her current size. Don't you think that smelling odor and shit while being under a cloak is a bit of a giveaway of your location? If she was just some elf wanting justice, that's one thing, but isn't she supposed to be in a squad of elite moonshadow assassins?

>Claudia might smell of dead things or chemicals
Claudia is a daughter of the court mage, mind you, she can't smell like some random peasant, so washing and having access to perfumes isn't a problem her. Should I also mention that she can do dark magic?

>Amaya probably hasn't the time for things like bathing while there's a war on
That one I can agree with, although she still may do bath while she's traveling.

Attached: 1557179907601.png (400x441, 295K)

What on earth makes you think there will be a time skip?

Ehasz hates that practice though. He mocked it in the Ember Island Players.
He's fighting against the puberty clock after all

Aang voice actor and Toph one were about the same age than their cartoon counterparts when it was being made

Attached: rt-missinghonor-this-is-aangs-voice-actor-now-feel-old-23271767.png (500x1582, 324K)

I thought it was bryke the ones who pushed for Aang to have a male VA

When is this daft cunt gonna breed me?

You might be right. I don't know.

Attached: tumblr_ppx4buRl0y1uh3bkyo1_1280.png (569x736, 144K)

>trust me Callum, this is the only way you'll ever grasp the moon arcanum.

The lesser races must be purged from the Kingdom

I feel like this moment would have been so much better and more consistent with their idea of the 'slippery slope of morality' if he made this order after he'd been driven to desperation.

The lesser races need to be bred out of existence.

Attached: 1520132030504.jpg (800x800, 211K)

Attached: tumblr_ppx4buRl0y1uh3bkyo2_500.png (500x718, 115K)

Attached: tumblr_ppx4buRl0y1uh3bkyo3_500.png (500x714, 157K)

Attached: tumblr_ppx4buRl0y1uh3bkyo4_r1_500.png (500x555, 89K)

plot does allot of nothing and the emotional stakes are sorta skimmed over. Also the world building is kinda shallow

Murricans in general can't deal with grey morality. They like to tease it for feeling mature but they always end going back to cowboys and indians. I think it must be their puritan roots

Attached: cowboys and indians.jpg (250x253, 26K)

Attached: tumblr_ppx4buRl0y1uh3bkyo6_r1_500.png (500x596, 167K)

I can't help but wonder if they got Shang Tsunged by Viren, and their lack of bodies made people assume they ran away.
Viren has definitely pulled that shit before.

Since humans using magic without the aid of magical items is such an impossible thing, why wasn't anyone surprised that he can talk to and through animals?

Only two people know and neither actually believed him when he initially told them and with the revelation that humans can do primal magic I'm willing to bet it's some manifestation of that

>5 fingers halfbred
ok then

I want rayla to get cucked

This

Wonder why so few medieval fantasy never go beyond europe theres other shit in the world well technically this show is at late medieval to be precise

Attached: M250265_Reception-of-Vasco-da-Gama-by-the-Samudiri-of-Calicut-India-May-1498.jpg (512x344, 67K)

That would require research and understanding most Americans get their understanding from movies T.V. and anime hence why they think plate armor existed before the 14th century

Attached: 529aa1996c7255fd39f05fff30676e69.jpg (354x567, 48K)

Maybe he could have not tried to usurp the throne, then? Usurpation, in his case, is evil enough already.

Attached: D36J24dWkAEZYWm.png (900x771, 462K)

>King was willing to literally starve his people to share food stores with a neighboring kingdom
>Begins refusing dark magic aid, the one thing that has kept his decisions from fuckng up everything
>Is willing to "accept his fate" getting killed by elven scum while his guards are pointlessly slaughtered around him
>council refuses to take any action against the elves until a new king is chosen
>the only legitimate heirs are some autistic mutt that spends too much time talking to his pet glowtoad and the king's stepkid who's trying to fuck your daughter and who thinks you're the devil for using dark magic (again the best thing ever)
Usurpation was the only answer

Thge colors of this show are SO BORING.

Not enough gay shipping.

Same reason they always have elves and dwarves

Attached: D4Za-CGUwAEZBDO.jpg (1023x1199, 130K)

Attached: D5V1UOyWkAEj_rp.jpg (857x1200, 161K)

not horn holding yet

I think people feel like the show is siding primarily with the elves because nobody is properly calling out the bullshit moralizing they do within the show itself. Callum has drank the knife ear juice when really he should be shooting some fire himself when it comes to the injustices inflicted upon humanity.

I hope Xadia will be more fantastical.

You're obviously not trying hard enough.

Attached: tumblr_pr7kp7h2ch1umhnmvo1_1280.jpg (786x1482, 195K)

To be fair, it's a bigger problem than the show itself. Westerners are disappointed with progress and they dream with a past that never existed. In the American liberal case, that mean an Arcadia inhabited by noble savages that coincidentally share all the current PC trends and live in harmony with nature and humans are the big evil here because they represent western industrialization. It's bullshit of course but burgers like that shit, see Dance with Smurfs

Attached: Dance-with-smurfs-Eric-3.jpg (480x300, 210K)

Attached: tdp halfbreed.jpg (518x419, 48K)

Attached: D4umCFmWkAAh6ls.jpg (750x1200, 92K)

I'm still holding out hope that pretty much everything we know about the great removaloo was pretty much Xadian propaganda and when we get more into Xadia during the next few seasons we'll slowly realize that the whole thing was nowhere near as black and white "elves good, humans bad" as everything we know so far leads us to believe.

Attached: 1234123412.png (527x594, 18K)

That’s largely because we’ve largely seen things from the human side. Even so, most of the elves actions have them act like dicks.

Callum not getting over fast with his crush on Claudia and start breeding that elf

Attached: DnVQ-5pUAAA6No4.jpg (620x617, 36K)

When you were a teenager, did you just immediately give up on girls you'd known for years when a new girl came along?
Or did you let the delusion of "What could be" steer you away from new opportunities?

Of she only has 4 fingers that probably means she only has 4 toes. Too bad.

It's more early renaissance , but it's largely due to easy recognition.
Nobody wants to bother explaining the purpose of Janissaries, or risk getting eaten alive for fucking up/westernising the concept of a guru, when you can just shove in a knight, monk et al and have it fit your purpose just fine.

Attached: D4OHxZwUIAIKprV.jpg (900x1165, 169K)

The fact he’s hasn’t it was makes me hopeful they won’t pander to shippers

I swear, I think they selectively edit out anything that can be lewd when it comes to her.

Attached: DjoKugRUcAAeTxL.jpg (729x1200, 50K)

He needs Soren to wingman for him first

And yet, she is

Attached: D5HoGBtWAAAe0b7.jpg (960x1200, 219K)

Great character writing, but plain story and jank pacing

Pretty much an inverse image of why Korra sucked