Are Kid Shows Better Now Than Ever?

Is he right or wrong?

Attached: Nc-kids-620x274.jpg (620x274, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rpf_fLW468U
youtube.com/watch?v=01gF4ZTZbsE&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK NO, ITS ALL CALARTS SJW SHIT NOW

He sure picked some terrible examples.

I can sort of understand why, because this video came out before Gravity Falls concluded and AT and SU really declined in a major way.

I don't agree. You have two options for kids cartoons nowdays; loud, obnoxious, noisy nonsense or shows written by people who think they're better at lore and character development than they really are.

Its more of a case by case thing, but overall, no.

Of course not. The 80s and 90s where still far better even if only by sheer volume. And seriously those are the examples you want to stick with?

WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE VEGAS

Yes. 10char

IRREGULARITY

BLACK MAN, WOMAN, GET IN HERE

The first half of the 80s sucked dick and even then good shows weren't the norm outside of disney and to a lesser extend dic until 87. They shouldn't be included with the 90s

Nope cartoons suck as nowadays TTG nuPPG nuBen 10 ROTTMNT Kid Danger Summer Camp Island Apple and Onion Craig of The Creek and Big City Greens are all nothing but kiddie shit

He's right but SU and GF don't help

They're kids shows you absolute retard

This video was just 20 minutes of dicksucking 2014 sjw calarts shit to stay relevant with the tumblr kids of the day.

This video was the sole reason I felt no pity for Doug when Changethechannel happened.

nah. i mean sometimes i disagree with the majority here. i've defended some shows here and there. but i don't see how you can look at cartoons from the 2000s and say this decade is better than that. or even about as good.

You had fewer options back in the day. You had paid advertisements and loud, obnoxious, noisy nonsense. The former often blended with the latter. The raw quality of shows was also very low, just in general. Do note that I'm 34 so I'm basically comparing all this shit to Saturday morning cartoons, most of which were straight garbage. The early Nick/CN eras were a major improvement, and it's really only gotten better since then. To pretend otherwise is just bitter resentment

Kids don't need cartoons, they need chores and a good dose of THE BELT to build character

Nice collection of buzzwords

>better make myself into a like comedic relief than admit I was a retard

Zoomers "like" Saturday morning cartoons though. They don't really of course, but they pretend to because that whole generation consists of hipster faggots

Frank Murphy? What are you doing here?

Becoming sociopaths?

Buzzwords are the only level of analysis Doug Walker is worth.

most of those are pretty bland. but i did like summer camp island more than i thought i would

Attached: 1553311953749.jpg (734x778, 79K)

Doug has always done that. The reason he even made a Black Cauldron Nostalgia Critic review is because that one video that one guy made loving the movie went trending.

I think the issue with SCI is that it does TOO good at putting on the facade of being a baby show, so a lot of people who would probably like it never even give it the time of day

What was the last era of animation with soul here?

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

Wait... So it has hidden mature undertones?
Or are you pulling my leg and it IS mostly kiddy stuff?

yeah but i sort of like when he talks about stuff with his brother

His best stuff has always been just him talking as a regular guy. It's why the Disneycembers worked so well.

It has suicide and rape jokes, so yes

90s was the only one to have soul all the way through. The 80s only really got good around 87, and the 2000s went to shit after avatar ended

Really???
Maybe I'll check it out then...

most to least soul:
5>4>3>6>1>2>8>7
Mind you I'm talking about the timeframes in general, not just the placeholder shit in the image space

>all the shit ones but regular show
also stop being a faggy e-celeb lover

>rape joke
what
i don't remember that

Around the time Camp Lazlo came out was when it all went to shit. That was one of the last new shows I remember liking as a kid. I didn't like My Gym Partner's a Monkey and I thought Foster's was just okay. 2004-2005 is basically when things took a turn.

stop posting this image

You ain’t got no character faggot

Based samefag

No, the 2010s have been the worst decade for animation, lets hope the 2020s are better

Probably just worse than 2010

>worst decade
In what way is it the worst?

a lot of things but i mean.. just look at them. the aesthetics of this decade are bad

Both

The one you grew up watching.

Yeah. In retrospect, 2004-2006 were the truly transitional years from Millennial kid culture over to Zoomer kid culture, with the rise of Web 2.0, shitty flash shows, and HD gaming, and 2006-2007 was probably the first fully Gen Z kid culture year. Maybe that's the reason why a lot of us stopped watching Cartoon network in or around this time

>the 2000s went to shit after avatar ended
More like after it started. I mean it was a good show in and of itself, yet most of the new Nick shows that premiered immediately after were mediocre and considered the downfall (Catscratch, Xs, Back to the Barnyard). It seemed that after putting all their effort into Avatar, it drained Nick's capability to make a good cartoon anymore.

You know fuckall about animation

yeah i remember nickelodeon in particular getting a lot worse around the 2nd half of the 2000s. also a lot of shows that started out ok just dragged on way too long

We're been in the era of Kid Shows starting off promising and then immediately stumbling into being just kinda alright.

Get off of Yea Forums, grandpa.

Of course, calarts identical cartoons full of diversity and absurd comedy are the best type of cartoon ever made!

Theres not such a thing as "calarts style"

No. Doug is usually off the mark about anything that requires any level of analysis or insight, but here he's completely fucking wrong. AT was good before they forgot it was about adventure, SU was only ever good when it did gem fanservice, GF was "lore:the show" and we got hooked because we're suckers for that and ended up with spit in our face because none of the plot threads went anywhere. And these three are the best of the recent shows. Now remember stuff like Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, BTAS, Men in Black etc. Pretty much every single generation before had better cartoons, except maybe that era when everything was super-cheap, but even then the writing was better.

Why is it that Camp Lazlo sticks out in my mind as well as the spot where things took a drop in quality? Was that show even that bad? I remember it being nothing.

It was around zombie Sponge Bob levels at it's best.

BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL

youtube.com/watch?v=Rpf_fLW468U

Nuff said

look up julia pott on youtube, it'll give you an idea at the level of surreal bullshit cloaked by cute things, this is the sr btw.
youtube.com/watch?v=01gF4ZTZbsE&t

>still impossible to get in HQ

OVERALL, yes. Even the worst cartoon from CN since Flapjack is leagues better than the flash animated trash of the 00s and the Ren and Stimpy ripoffs of the 90s and lame action cartoons.

Remember, for every Spongebob or Gargoyles there were five Johnny Tests and ten Creepy Crawlers

But that's the blandest of them all.