Assuming that you are a Superman class being and the only one with superpowers on Earth...

Assuming that you are a Superman class being and the only one with superpowers on Earth, do you think you would become corrupted with power? Especially with the fact that no one can oppose you.

Attached: 1288849907378.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g6eB0JT1DI4&t=68s
youtube.com/watch?v=EF6ss3d4GyI
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Random
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Unfreedom_Manipulation
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Famine_Inducement
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Psychic_Time_Manipulation
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Emotion_Regeneration
youtu.be/Ml4wAnvfM4M
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Spinning_Attack
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Ascendancy
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Plane_Manipulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I’d hope not. I’d probably try stopping whatever violent crimes I could, but I could see myself losing control one day, I kinda got a temper

We have no precedent.

I mean, when we say 'power corrupts' we typically mean political or financial power. But what could a Superman desire that he doesn't already possess?

I would try to do as much good as I could with my powers, but to be honest I am not sure Superman could save the world from what is happening.

Define corrupt.
I would kill all drug cartels, war lords, and terrorists. Then so basic monitoring and disaster response after that.
I would be extremely tempted to start killing global elites, but without intel there would be no guarentee it would make the world better.

I rule the Earth with iron fist.

Good luck with that, Iron Fist got cancelled

Yeah, pretty sure instead of being fair and just I'd aim for benevolent dictatorship from day one.

depends on the mind set

all powerful being as "tool" of the people,
might get frustrated and either peaceout or lashout.

a "autonomous" superbeing would add some "whats in it for me" or "does this really serve greater good, do i want this to happen?" would inevitably set in.

supes assumed ultimate judge and jury as such we as lesser powerful beings must implicity seek his approval for our actions lest we face his retribution for "unapproved" actions. given these actions tend to be common sense like not enslaving or killing people or blowing up the earth. but still if a little girl wanted superman to rescue her cat but he wont becuase the cat poses a threat to humanity for some reason.

honestly i would feel too manipulated if people are always telling me what to do.
though generally doing good deeds, while may not pay off for the white knights on the internet, if you are all powerful it really isnt that much of a biggie, plus you get the adoration of the people. just have to worry about being too dependant on the mary sue.
if you are evil, you might be better off materialistically, but sense you are all powerful anyways it would hardly matter, at which point you risk the plotting, hatred, and cowardice of the people you would subjugate with your power.

I think I have a good idea of what will happen

>do some heroic acts here and there to establish my presence
>but really, just use my new found fame to become an eceleb
>people start pestering me for stupid shit like "why arent you running on a threadmill to power africa" or "where are all the female superheroes, you pig"
>reach a boiling point and horribly injure, or even kill, someone in a bid to remind everyone I'm not a regular guy anymore and you really dont want to piss me off
>start hancock phase, leave me the fuck alone, im not doing anything wrong here
>if people, especially the government, keeps pursuing me, we enter injustice phase
>first things to go down are guns and motorcycles

youtube.com/watch?v=g6eB0JT1DI4&t=68s

If I had superhearing, I'd snap. It's like having /pol/, tumbler and Twitter in your head all the time.
I'd kill people just to have my peace and quiet.

Define corrupted. I would definitely start helping lots of people, regardless of what politicians might think. I'm too much of a Supes fag to be straight up evil. I would resort to beating the shit out of bad people though. I'd probably mainly contribute to helping during catastrophies

I've got one grudge against somebody that would honestly tempt me but with Superman-tier powers I could just fly the dude to some foreign country, drop him off and forget about him. I would probably be more of a political force than Superman, try to push governments to start playing by my rules. However I don't see myself going full "king of Earth" Injustice Superman or anything like that, I'd try to become a force for the common good more than anything.

That fucking hivemind. Glad to see that someone thinks almost exactly like me, damn

me? i'd serve crab legs.

Superhearing is rarely shown as overwhelming, in almost all continuities Superman can filter it out and listen for specific things.

Why the fuck isn't this shit a comic?!
>superhero punishes villains by flying them to far off places
>villains do shit again and get sent away to the other side of the world again
>they give up because it's annoying as fuck to try to get back home

Define Superman : Superman comics levels, Silver Age Superman or Superman TAS because if it was the last one, everything could be manageable and I wouldn't break my controllers like a daft twat...and now I hope I was Saitama.

Underrated kek

If I had Superman powers I'd probably use them to just make my day to day life easier

If I'm impervious to cosmic radiation and didn't need to breathe to sustain life functions I'd fuck off this gay rock and go explore deep space.

I'm pretty sure I'd become Super Dictator.

I'd really like to hope not, but honestly I probably would.

Maybe?

Attached: what's to keep me from becoming a god.gif (474x244, 31K)

Attached: 1322683891939.jpg (156x170, 10K)

Honestly, fuck that. I'd rather get Captain Marvel / Shazam powers instead. Wisdom of Solomon any day baby.

>do you think you would become corrupted with power
Yeah, but not in the way you'd think. I'd just use my powers to fuck with people.

>At a restaurant, sees someone get their salad. At super speed exchange it for a steak. When they call the waitress over to complain, change it back. The waitress thinks they're crazy, they are massively confused. Do it two more times.

Space is mostly empty. You'd have to spend years moving at light speed to move from one big rock to another big rock.
You'd probably spend all your life span without ever finding anything interesting in the space, and if you regret your decision halfway chances are you will never find something so small like Earth again.

Whatever I'll just make my own Earth if I get lost, with blackjack, and hookers.

I'd just be happy I don't have to suffer anymore.
At first anyway. I don't know what would happen after I get used to the comfy life.

That was something Waid got right about his insano Superman series, everybody needling him for more started to make him crack up.

"Thank you for saving us from our burning house!"
"You're welcome! Take care!"
"Wait..you're just gonna GO? Can't you use your sooper speed and rebuild our house?!?"

Attached: JZpGeXi.jpg (1280x1988, 772K)

Now you're talking.
Wisdom of Solomon is the only thing that prevents me from getting corrupted like Kid Miracleman if I had the powers of a superman-like being.

Attached: Over Superman.jpg (357x415, 52K)

Define "Superman class".
Because if I can choose what powerset I have as long as it's as OP as Supes' is, I'm gonna go with supergenius, rebuild myself as a giant nanite swarm, spread myself over the whole world - and the orbit - and with my newfound omnipresence and omniscience (but not omnipotence - but as close to it as I can get being a giant nanite swarm), and with little to no id or ego left, institute enlightened absolutism over the whole world so we can pass through the great filter.

I would turn America into the great thousand year kingdom, who will in turn spread its reach into the stars. The rest of the world I could care less about. It will be a proud nationalist empire, where only the those who are both strong and intelligent will thrive. Later, I begin the messiah project and create beings like myself. We will them travel across the many dimensions to confront the Axiom.

No.
The thing about corruption is that someone will always follow you and the precedents you set up after you die. If I think I'm the greatest and smartest person ever and make myself an absolute dictator, and then I die of old age in 60 years, someone will have to fill that seat and they may not be as smart and capable as I was. It's a bad idea to set up dictatorships, even if you are hypothetically an incredible leader.

This is why it's a bad idea for Trump to be if boring these suppeonas. He may think he's in the right now, but if you establish that the president can do this then a Democrat president down the line could do the same. You have to be very careful with what you establish, you wont be a leader forever. Even dictators have to pass the crown eventually.

this
i think i'd be too paralysed by fear of being found out to do anything, since my parents would get targeted.

maybe leak a bunch of papers to get rid of politicians i don't like, small things with big impacts.

>villain becomes a despot of a faroff country

While I would try to do as much good as possible, I'm pretty sure I would end up raping a bunch of women.

I would definitely use my powers to end shit like Capitalism and Global Warming by force.

I would rather use my superman class powers and abilities to make my life easier. If by superman class, I have his more obscure and less talked about powers like his super learning and shit like that. I would use my gifts to become a lawyer or doctor like I am doing right now. Would probably have the courage to confess to the girl I like too.

the power to beat the shit out of things and fly isn't all that useful.

I mean honestly, what are you going to do with your dumbass powers?

Me strong and tought, me fly and shoot laser!

Stop violent crimes, help people during disasters,

you don't do that now, why would you do it just cause you have superpowers?

I would take a nap on the moon

I'd probably just remove myself from the world as much as possible.
I don't think any good would come from me using that power for anything.
I'd probably only act if there was another superpoweredvthreat that can't be dealt with by humanity.

If I got the chance to be an actual superhero, I'd go at it 100%. First thing I'd do is go after shit like cartels and child traffickers, shipping them off to jail by the truckloads. Once enough of them are locked away and people start seeing that power has diminished, the politicians might just realize they can finally get tough on them without fearing for their families.

Superpowers would just make me more lazy.

Okay, I like the way you think. I will make Mexico a place where its people actually want to be there.

I would probably just play video games and use the internet all day. Maybe become a famous streamer, not being the least bit of entertaining at all but people will still support my lifestyle simply because I have powers.

Oh, absolutely.
The moment I realize it, i'd love my fucking mind.
Maybe not go on killing sprees, at least not immediately, but I'd get up to some awful shit.

Though, I think eventually, I'd turn over a new leaf and try to supress human toxicity, only to realize that even a Super Man can't stop people from being evil, and eventually just give up and become a true Neutral demigod.

*lose

I would most likely rescind my powers eventually.
When people no longer have an authority watching over them, they will always do something out of hand if they think they can get away with it.
But at the meantime, it's the private life for me.

What's the scenario here? I got the power during adulthood? During birth? Or during childhood? All of those will result in different outcomes.

I'd go full Sentry and Void. Probably wouldn't last long before the secret is out and I'm forced to be a full-time villain. At least until they learn to stay out of my way.

Related.

youtube.com/watch?v=EF6ss3d4GyI

I'm too lazy to rule over anything

Yeah the only way I would trusy myself would be immense wisdom, some kind of mind fuckery to make myself unable to turn evil or some limited on the powers that makes them shut down if I try to use them for bad things.

Though I always wonder, where does one stop if one is supes tier? As I imagine one would start fucking cracking if there forced to save everyone 24/7 with all the terrible shit as well would cause someone to fucking go crazy

I'd prefer something like path to victory from worm desu, just 'path to world peace as quick as possible' or something

Gee, I wonder who's behind this post.

Attached: Valentine_Normal.png (489x751, 747K)

I can tell you that the Jews would be gone.

I think I'd get more exasperated than anything, trying to do the right thing and be a hero, saving lives and all that, but not being able to effect real long-lasting change due to political machinations. Sovereignty would be a huge issue, debates over whether I can only act in my country or can I save people throughout the world, what actions can I do to stop war, etc. and certainly there'd be rouge groups or arms of the government trying to use me for their agendas. So I'd lay low, hiding most of the time but saving whoever I could. Not sure what I'd do for a job though.

Honestly one of the issues with comics is that they can get political they cant go too far, they can use metaphor and abstraction but they cant go show supes confronting X IRL politician cause he heard them creeping on a little girl even though thats what he would do.

Yes, how does Superman cope everyday knowing that he could save everybody but constantly fails due to some unexpected contrivances?

Attached: I watched all of you Die.jpg (579x635, 117K)

based

Based.

I won't rule shit, but I would erase every violent and trash/criminal person from the face of the Earth.

Oh yes. I absolutely would become corrupted with the power.

what issue is this from? I'd very much like to read this.

I don't exactly think so.

Honestly, I'd probably be afraid of my powers. At first it'd be cool but then I'd realize the weight of my powers. And me being a /pol/tard(A black one at that), I'd be stumped at what to do.

I sometimes think about it too, I think, maybe I'll just pull a Doctor Manhattan and just fuck off from society. Maybe not go to Mars but just find a private Island, and just fuck around on there.

Justice Society of America #10

Context: Superman from Kingdom Come accidentally arrived on our earth via Starman (I think).
He went to see our Superman in his special.

Attached: Reverse Injustice.jpg (968x808, 279K)

I would be too much of a lazy nervous shit to go mad with power. Fuck, I probably wouldn't be able to kill someone. If anything I'd fuck with bad guys and teleport them to jail or whatever and remain incognito. Also I'd probably try to improve the environment by cleaning up the oceans or whatever.

I would probably LARP as some sort of religious entity while removing Muslims, Jews, and atheists from existence forcefully. The resulting upset of society would be interesting to behold, if nothing else, but my ultimate goal would be to unite humanity under a common belief. Then I would work to create an infallible governmental body filled to the brim with absolutely loyal subjects, possibly working to also instill them with superhuman abilities to further cement their authority. Once all of this is done, I would then work to create new monuments and wonders to cement my legacy for all time, and to also serve as a warning to possible dissenters in the future. I could end unrest by sheer force alone, but this is magnitudes more likely to destabilize down the road after my death, if history is anything to go by. I'm basically thinking the WH40k God Emperor, but in reverse.

Attached: 1529376296541.gif (497x373, 489K)

>take over earth and declare myself God Emperor
>build a gigantic fleet to explore and conquer the galaxy
>use my super-smart brain to cure all diseases, expand the human life span to as long as possible and create a harem of compliant sexbots for stress-relief purposes
>stick around long enough to move homo sapiens to the next stage in our evolution as a species

Attached: and it still ends just like this anyway.jpg (2560x1440, 318K)

>bothering with sexbots when you can physically and psychically dominate anyone you wish
user, why go full power but end up the same old beta?

Attached: 1550116276189.jpg (1600x899, 193K)

I'd continue living like I do, which is doing the bare minimum to allow myself the ability to spend as much time lying in bed by myself as possible. Doing good is as detrimental towards this end as doing evil is.

I often think about doing similar things if I had super powers. go grab shitters like fatboy kim and leave them on a uninhabited island in the middle of the ocean to see if they can survive.

maybe dump other dictators there too and see if it turns into some battle royale survivor thing.

I'd use it for personal gain occasionally, but I'd try not to do it in a way that screwed anyone else over.
Mostly I'd just be a superhero pretty much full-time. That's what I wanna do now anyway. I would start a patreon though, take donations so I wouldn't have to work, taking up valuable superheroing time.

Attached: superhero_by_sidxartxa-d4q88n2.jpg (420x688, 112K)

I'd spend my time brawling with the super natural and unholy things that lurk on the outskirts of society. past that i'd use some of my powers to get large amounts of money so I can retire to a nice small quiet cabin town of 300 or less and basically drop off the planets radar.

I like to think I wouldn't go corrupt, but deep down I know I would. In fact, I don't believe anyone could be good when handed unlimited power.

Thanks AOC!

>user, why go full power but end up the same old beta?
Because I don't want to turn the ladies of my harem into confetti upon ejaculation that's why. Of course I could always try creating my very own mind-controlled super-women....

Attached: Goddess of THICC.jpg (1600x1058, 157K)

Corrupted? I don't know. I'd definitely kill a lot of people but I like to think most of them would deserve it.

>I'd use it for personal gain occasionally, but I'd try not to do it in a way that screwed anyone else over.
go compress some coals into diamonds.
ez wealth.

>kill execs who jew too hard (so all of them eventually)
>force the end of copyright
>end forced diversity
>eradicate SJW
>give everyone unlimited fiber wire internet
Basically, anything that negatively affects my media will end with me coming out of my palace to super sperg out.

I'm too much of a good guy to get corrupted, I don't even kill mosquitoes and when aware I try avoiding stepping on ants or flowers.
I'll clean sees and try to stop environmental issues on my power, usual heroics around the world, announce myselft while protecting my identity(if I have to destroy some satellites I'll do it) ask to resolve environmental issues they have 3 years if they comply cool, if they don't ill kill whoever it's not complying until they appoint someone who will.

>>give everyone unlimited fiber wire internet
based
thank you best superman

>do you think you would become corrupted with power

No.

If I was someone like Doom and could declare myself Emperor of Earth and have the ability to exert my will over everyone else, then yes, I would be inclined to do things like stop the manufacturer of any kind of plastic that would just end up existing and trashing up the planet for eternity and force every manufacturer to create and distribute all products with recycled material and recycled packaging, etc. and do away with disposable anything, just as a start. There's an entire laundry list of things I would force on people but I would at least try to get everyone who thinks of themselves as an executive or leader in a room and say, "hey get your shit together and fix this - you have thirty days. If you don't all agree, I'll fix your shit for you and by the way, you'll all be demoted to the equivalent of line employees."

I'd also get rid of money and force them to redo the economy, force them to agree to get rid of substandard housing and to guarantee people "gainful" employment in rebuilding infrastructure, the new housing etc. In return, instead of salaries, everyone would be guaranteed a standard of living, housing, healthcare, etc. ( including the curing of diseases, etc. and more than just free high speed internet). And loads more, but I do agree with everyone that thinks that the problem with this is that after you die, someone else will come along and be God Doom and fuck shit up.

No.

If, instead, I were a Superman class superpowered being and the only one at that, I would try to be helpful but no, not get corrupted with power. I'd be sad about, but other than leading by example, there's no way to help people from themselves any other way.

Attached: America's Dad.jpg (1169x506, 88K)

Yes, immediately in fact. If I suddenly had Superman's powers, I would
>Fly away on a retreat into nature and space and just experiment with what I could do, have a blast all by myself for a few weeks or months.
>Once I had my fill doing that, I would fly down to Earth again and start setting my worldwide dictatorship. I would declare myself King of Kings and redraw the lines of nations as I saw fit, allowing them to maintain their laws and customs but ultimately ruling them all.
After gathering and organizing such a government my goals would be:
>Separate all races so that each race has a homeland. Divide each homelands into districts. Mutts either get sterilized while receiving happy lives in return if they have bad genetics, or if they have good genetics they get folded in to a race that they are at least 50% of.
>Anyone with an IQ below 100 gets sterilized immediately. Every breeding cycle this gets repeated. Low IQs serve as manual labor for projects and are entertained, fed, paid, and can fuck each other to their hearts content.
>Now that I've established world peace and put human intelligence on the right track, I would strictly enforce traditional laws on the proper human populace and would raise scientific research into space colonies, gene editing, nuclear power, bioengineering, and other things up as the most important human task.
>Goal is to expand to Mars first and continue to research how to spread out more into space as well as how to improve our own physiology.
>Under my firm guidance the golden age of all golden ages will be ushered in and man will finally stand upright for once in his miserable history.
I would also probably kill anyone who so much as disrespected me unless I liked them and thought they were amusing.
I would have a harem but I would respect married couples and not go around banging people's wives. I also wouldn't rape people.
I would respect different cultures and races.
Overall I think I'd be p. gud

Attached: 1550883904631.jpg (960x720, 144K)

I'd try not to do anything dickish. But I don't think I could tolerate all the fucked up shit that goes on at the government level all over the world. Just imagine, would you really not walk into North Korea and literally keep walking, tanking everything they threw at you until you took Kim Jong-Un out of his palace, lift him a good kilometer into the air and threaten to just let him fall down unless he stops being a cunt?

What is a cartel, or a warlord, or a terrorist?

Is a pharmaceutical company a cartel? Is a trial leader a warlord? Is a dissenting voice a terrorist? These are the questions a Superman must answer before taking action. With such cast power, there can be no room for abstract ideals or vague terms.

Seeing as I'm normally stuck in a wheel chair, I'd take advantage of the situation. I don't really believe in a objective morality. I'd probably become ven more alienated than I already am due to not being like other men. I'd help those I wanted to help, but saving the world is oxymoronic. Why help something that isn't going to help you or can't save itself and expect it to self sustain . I'd be a sort of Ayn Rand influenced ultraman.

Attached: 169a3f3f398d869a8d41cf550fb8e05efebd94032b2c942737dfacb034c45a75.jpg (625x363, 60K)

Oh, I have an idea or two...

Attached: Overman.jpg (2385x1834, 898K)

>All these people convinced that they would not be corrupted by power.

Yeah, sure. I can't see a scenario where things don't go fall into shit. The main problem is the world itself.

No matter how generous or good you are or how much you dedicate yourself to the common good of the world with your power, after the first years of relative popularity, the Internet would turn you into the biggest living clickbait. Any type of fake news could be written about you and continually defend yourself from Yea Forums/Reddit level of narrative, like:

"why the fuck are you spending time with your family ? There are people who are dying in the Congo!!!!! you're the worst!!!"
Or : Why "Super user" doesn't cure cancer? Can he do all those things and can't cure cancer? It's just a shit super hero.

Bullshit like this, however, people would start to hate you, either out of jealousy or out of ignorance. If you don't work for the government, the government will do everything in its power to isolate you both in terms of personal image and monetary.

Eventually you will come to a breaking point where you will decide to remove the hostile government/poeple in charge and go in full killing spree. you will be forced to take control of the world, but the best you can do is to become a benevolent dictator, but still a dictator, with people who are terrified of you.

What do you think would happen if you gave superpowers to a chronically depressed person who has life shitting on him every step of the way?

The second I got superpowers, I'd use them for extremely pointless shit. Then I'd use them for extremely petty shit. Then I'd have to use them to stop people from punishing me for the petty shit, which would spiral in to a massive, "Well fuck, guess I have to assert myself as top dog here to get people to leave me the fuck alone" mentality. And doing that would mean I'd have to actively be paranoid that some entities out there were developing weapons to oppose me even though I just want to be left alone, and would have to go around monitoring a bunch of shit so I don't get surprise fucked by life again.

I'm just gonna fuck with people. Sure, a terrorist cell will wind up at the UN's steps with their heads shoved up their asses, or maybe a bunch of pedophiles sodomized on flagpoles, but I'm gonna be a dick.

*If I have absurd superspeed, I'm gonna find one of the old assholes who gave me grief and just start harassing him with lawn gnomes. He'll find them in his bed. His bathroom. His car trunk. His fridge. If I can do super-ventriloquism or some shit, all the better.
*Find a bitchy teacher, and move her car to opposite ends of the parking lot. On random days.
*Paint every cat's asshole blue.
*Hide under a five year old's bed and sing really fucked up versions of Christian children's songs, make the bed shake if they start praying.
*Fuck with NASA. Make them think they've contacted Mr. Rogers, who is really an alien messiah. Send false things like the Voyager capsule, with information that starts out scientific and slowly gets creepier, like "1 in 4 of our young are sacrificed to ensure the remainder appreciate the gift of life."
*Find a child molester. Drop a grand piano on him. Repeat every so often.
*Go to a scientologist church, just start fucking with everyone.
*Knock on a commercial airplane window. At night. Wearing a creepy clown mask. Then cause minor turbulence.
*Commit suicide via jumping off a roof in front of a hobo. Slowly rise up out of crater I leave. Begin citing verses from Revelations. Give said hobo powerful hallucinogenics and tell him it is Spirit Medicine that will awaken him to his true calling as a prophet of the end times. Repeat in major cities across globe.
*Go into crematorium oven while doused in gasoline. Bang on door while it's lit, screaming. Run out at super-speed aflame.
*Build an underground castle, learn hieroglyphics or a dead language, write prophecies that foretell major disasters and wars. End with a planet ending one involving an asteroid ten years from the date. On that day, find biggest asteroid I can (cont)

Not corrupt, but as someone with anger issues, I’d for sure end up lashing out and killing some people by accident or just in a rage addled haze.

I still say I wouldn't - and as far as your second paragraph, I just would be the Superman who isn't Clark Kent and people just assume when they don't see me, that I'm in my Fortress or space and people just don't know.

I also wouldn't open myself to interviews and so forth. If I'm not doing what I do for payment, or for a government, or for fame, etc. etc., it doesn't really matter if folks hate me or love me, are jealous or not, or what governments are trying to do or not do. I'd still continue doing what I feel I'm meant to do.

Do you really suppose if there's a tsunami, that people are going to say, 'oh, go away - we don't want, much less need your help.'

bring it within viewing distance of earth, then rotate it to reveal a trollface, throw it back into space.
*Stealthily rob like, ten banks belonging to the worst bank at the time. Put all funds in the room of some kid who just returns home from school or vacation.

I wanna say it's pretty fucking obvious who the bad guys are, but even when you're done taking out big, scary, terrorist groups, where does it end?

Do you start taking out local drug dealers? Do you start chasing down pimps and giving them super bitch-slaps to send them into orbit? What about governments? We see governments do all kinds of crazy shit on a daily basis, and sometimes we hear about the worst of it decades down the line.

Where does that line end? When do felonies all end in murder because no one wants to leave a witness for Superman to chase down?

Yes, of course.

For sure, I'll say I don't honestly know the real scope of Superman's powers so it's a bit hard to say, or what power set you're talking about. Can I hear everything happening on the planet, is the range smaller? If I really can hear everything I'd kill all pedos day one, no remorse there. Pretty much any violent crime I could stop would more than likely end in just an execution for me because it's simpler in my mind, over a certain precedent that I would try to set.
I don't think mercy is the way to go myself, people can change and grow and atone, but a bit of an iron first with things may be able to cause sweeping change if suddenly across the planet all offenders are mysteriously and neatly beheaded and set to the side of the scene of the crime.
It really depends on the scope of powers and definition of corrupt but from what I've said above, I think generally for most people, yes I would be corrupt.

user, you are so naive.

There's no point in being a tyrant when you have Superman's powers. Regular humans can't give you anything you dont already have.
I'd probably just pull some Silver age Superdickery, target one dude and force him to come on all my wacky adventures

You wouldn't have to rape. Women would come to you

I'm good at holding grudges. I'd probably be a serial killer.

What would be corruption in that scenario?
I would kill every drug lord and destroy every cartel, I would end wars on a whim, I would depose tirants and make resources available for everyone. I would mine asteroids for free. If anything the most "evil" thing I would do would be round up every head of state and every member of every cabal that I can think off (Ceos, billionares etc.) and force them to look after the people and not after themselves. Sure I might become a tyrant but I like to think I would be a benevolent or atleast someone who looks after the little guy. Politicians? fuck them, they do anything that damages the people they are getting their heads blown up Shazam in injustice style. The normal common folk would have nothing to fear, I like to think I would never harm them if I could.

If anything my first act in office would be crippling every country's military and make them fund science. They won't need a military because I won't allow wars again

this, I would do everything just to usher the world into Utopia

Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle?

Negro if you were the most OP version of Superman what would the governments do? throw a nuclear weapon at you? you'll probably be able to catch the ICBM mid flight go back to the White House and throw the now harmless missile in their front yard and say "Is this yours". A Superman like being wouldn't even need to be fased about what governments think

>you will be forced to take control of the world
Why?

This is why you get a bunch of different costumes and use them all in different parts of the world, ideally only using a few of your power per costume, making it look like a whole bunch of heroes showed up over a short time, rather than letting everyone blame everything on one guy.

Because that user hasn't fully grasped how much power he would have.

>*If I have absurd superspeed, I'm gonna find one of the old assholes who gave me grief and just start harassing him with lawn gnomes. He'll find them in his bed. His bathroom. His car trunk. His fridge. If I can do super-ventriloquism or some shit, all the better

based and gnomepilled

wait what?

I don't want anything those powers could give me, except flying around. I don't see how that would corrupt me, flying around is fun and harmless.

I'll rule over you insects and crush you like the roaches you are.

Attached: Walk Away.jpg (1600x1800, 1.79M)

And where do you get these gnomes?

Attached: Old_Man_Henderson.jpg (365x500, 68K)

>You don't put yourself in harm's way now, why would you do it when you're bulletproof?

Sir, you are the hero the world deserves.

It also depends on what you call a terrorist group. I think everyone who isn't a Muslim would agree that ISIS needs to get their collective necks snapped but what about if the IRA decided to have another go at it?

What about if Catalonia tries to declare its independence again, would you side with the Catalonians and laser the Spanish military or would you beat the crap out of the separatists?

Honestly? Rampage once or twice, get bored when I realize it's not fun to slaughter without challenge, and go full One-Punch Man with things.

I would use my platform to teach wholesome family values, would decry degenerate behaviour, and would make a point of only using my powers during natural disasters and terrorist attacks. There would be too much to effectively police, so maybe I would help establish a base on the moon and select the worlds brightest minds to go there and work with unlimited time and funding.

I’ll snap their neck off if they do. I’ll side with most government unless some civil war tier event happens.
I do it because I can’t cope. People scream for me because they think I’m god or Jesus but I just can’t save everyone. If supporting a government means they’ll shut up I’ll do it.
If both of them continue to argue then I’ll wipe both of them and make my own new world.
But this is all hypothetical and if I start out being super optimistic.

I'd use my powers to establish colonies on the moon and ensure humanities future.

Does Superman actually do stuff like that? I don't think I've seen him do that.

No superheroes ever try to actually improve mankind's situation, they're too busy fighting bank-robbers in animal costumes.

This is why I'd try to become more of a unknowable figure than a public superhero. Like I'd save someone, then rearrange some rocks somewhere into some strange pattern just to make people confused.

because if they turn you into the public enemy number 1, with fear or fake news, the world will become hostile to you.

that's exactly what happens in Ultimate Hyperion. Mark no longer wanted to be a weapon and just wanted to help people.
The American government has started a heavy campaign to delegitimize him in the eyes of public opinion.

People started hating him for no reason, and Mark, to put a stop to all this, he demonstrated his power as Ultimatum. His last warning, then he would really go wild if they didn't stop.

They stop, but they simply returned to have him under partially they control as an agreement.

Attached: RCO011_1469334322.jpg (1041x1600, 474K)

Can you tell me the exact name of the series where this happens? Sounds really cool.

What the hell is happening here? Why are all those people acting like that? Are you saying the government was using literal mind control on them?

Supreme Power 2003.

Also first panel. The point where they tells him that even if he is invulnerable, there are other ways of hurting him. And unfortunately it's terribly realistic.

Attached: RCO007_1469434579.jpg (1041x1600, 451K)

>superanon was responsible for this whole saga

Right. New plan is to praise Khorne, Blood for the Blood God! Let the universe DROWN IN IT.

Attached: Violent Escalation.png (388x401, 283K)

Personally murder every single person who has ever posted in similar threads as these about people being naive or believing that power would 100% corrupt everyone. You're all pessimistic and thus shall be vaporized from above....and when you question me about why that doesn't make sense, I will say I can think about and see the situation from a level you couldn't comprehend

Attached: 1555254197880.jpg (471x473, 39K)

Eh, I was thinking of it more in a way that would solve problems while not being a cold, calculating genius. A touch of humanity goes a very long way and you can never have enough wisdom in your life.

Also, Shazam has flight, super strength and the ability to control lightning lightning which is more than enough to solve problems and rescue people. I think I'd go crazy if I could hear, see, feel and smell everything and then I could see through objects or see human skeletons.

Solomon was corrupt to hell and back, he had like 600 sex slaves.

I'm extremely scared an introverted. I'm unable to handle any kind of responsibility. However I have regular mood swings so if I get angry enough I would probably act on it.

Prince Namor?

Should have changed it to Wisdom of Solon to fit with the rest of the Greek Gods and Heroes theme old Captain Marvel. I mean, Zeus, Hercules, Achilles, Mercury(Hermes)...it fits.

Hey that's great, user.

Attached: Solon.jpg (685x900, 121K)

I would 100% become a villain but I wouldn't do something like world domination, instead I would use my power to fuck with people in the pettiest way possible. I would fly inside people's houses and put their mattresses in the yard and or find someone who is going late for work and lift their car and move it back a couple of miles so they are even more late and shit like that. I wouldn't do anything that would kill people, I would do things that upset them

Yes, nigger, I would build an intergalatic empire and make my superhuman soldiers who will conquer the stars.

What's there to conquer out there though?

And after conquering the world what are you doing with that? This small detail of the post conquest is often overlooked by the alleged conquerors.

not that guy, but I don' think it matters. Like an evil version of 'journey, not destination'. Conquer the world/universe just to be the guy who did.

I make giant dance party

die of typhoid fever at 33.

Iskander pls

Turn a giant crank as a 9-5 job and supply the entire world with free energy.

>not using your super-intellect to invent cold fusion or black hole generators or zero point energy machines
Enjoy your 9-5 tedium.

Attached: 1507350466503.jpg (916x690, 102K)

>Paint myself a random color, possibly purple just to make it a Thanos meme, and fly above the Pentagon while using super voice to say;
"I AM THE CONQUEROR OF ALL WORLDS, YOU WILL BOW BEFORE ME!"
>Make Earth unite against me and develop weapons to defeat me
>Pretend to get "defeated" when somebody actually does something heroic, like uses the pistol sized version of a super laser as the only prototype to stop me from blowing up a building or something
>Fall down and "die" and use super speed to replace my body with ashes of the same color of my paint job so everyone thinks I just died
>Resume normal life and get the good ending

Attached: Fight Me little girl.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

I would mainly just commit rape and that's about it.

This, but important political figures. Especially men. Just imagine Kim Jong getting bent over and fucked. Changing the world, one rape at a time.

Those idiots couldn't think of ways to use the powers, they're not going to be able to use any super-intellect to think of any of that shit. But they CAN turn a crank.

I could go full hobo mode and visit friends and family every once and a while.

Space hobo or regular hobo?

>thinking humanity will stay united just because they had to work together once
I'm no pessimist, but we would be back to killing each other within a week at most. Your best bet to achieve a kumbaya lets all hold hands left wing fantasy world would be to throw every race and continent into space but one and impose something similar to old Christianity to keep women in check without going full islamic retardation.

Even then people are still so flawed that you'd have to keep near constant check on them.

Attached: 1542422932607.jpg (301x299, 20K)

I'd eventually get curious.
About what's out there.
If I can survive in space.
How long.

If I had scientists who could test it I would but not tell them why.

When the day came that the people of earth feared. Hated. Or just distrusted me too much. I would turn away from the task of tending them and head for the stars.

I might wander forever.
Hell.
I might find something that could me.
Regardless.
It would be a grand adventure.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Would you wear a tophat and punch your family members whenever you came to visit?

>but to be honest I am not sure Superman could save the world from what is happening.
yea itd take a big global restructuring, which could be considered "letting power corrupt you" since it's interfering with the dumb humans that ruined everything, but i'd still do it

Yeah, because Christian White England wasn't fucking rife with civil wars over their petty differences regarding Christianity or who was white enough.

You're never going to be as much as a meter maid.

What a dweebazoid

What a hell is wrong with all these people immediately jumping to ruling the earth? Like why?

I’d just travel the world and do whatever i want.

I'd leave Earth. Disregard bitches, space exploration is eternal.

I said similar, you illiterate. I guess I should also have stipulated 'countries' instead of continents, because you're apparently too braindead to get what I was meaning.

Attached: 1555348474005.jpg (700x700, 209K)

I wouldn't become "corrupted", just extremely lazy and self-serving, which I already am. I'd just use my powers as a way to never have to work a day in my life.

You'd go insane from the solitude though.

Here here.
Although the loneliness would certainly weigh one down after a time.
I'm sure there's another planet out there SOMEWHERE with complex life we can interact with.

That being the case and hopefully some light-speed esque flying without air resistance. Along with the cornucopia of yellow stars out there.

We're a solar powered freedom train for the galaxy babe.

Out of irony alone I might make that my honorific.
If people didn't call me something else first.

What do you think the real people of earth would name their first superhuman?

Other than Ultranig

Attached: 1200px-Rom-Revolution-1.jpg (1200x833, 284K)

>What do you think the real people of earth would name their first superhuman?
There's no way the media wouldn't throw 'Superman' everywhere the moment you flew and lifted something heavy.

You'd have to come up with a name beforehand and use it immediately, or you'll be Superman. I wouldn't want that name. I'm not deserving.

Attached: 124212412412.jpg (1028x772, 85K)

I'd write my name on the moon with massive letters. That name would be "Anonymous". And I'd fly over to the leader of Scientology every day to say hello.

I mean, I can always come back if I get lonely. Then again, if I go too far out it'd be like trying to find a marble in an olympic swimming pool, so that's a problem.

I'm hoping there is intelligent life out there - I mean, I have superpowers in this scenario so I should already be able to accept some weirdness. I'd still be worried about finding it though for the same reason as going too far from earth.
I'm also worried about difficulties I'd have communicating with any intelligent life I may find. Or if they'd attack me on sight with weapons that could actually harm me.

I still say it's worth it though. Even more so if I could bring my discoveries back to Earth.

Can you guys accomplish your goals with whatever power you get here?

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Random

>powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Unfreedom_Manipulation
>User can manipulate unfreedom, or things and people who are not free. They could enslave people or take away people's freedoms, or subject them to different laws or rules.

Oh user, you gave me the best present.

>powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Famine_Inducement
No, I can't fly this way at all. But I can hold the world hostage and get rich, which is almost as good.

I would if I could.

The threat of me shaking the bottle would keep everyone in line.
The idea of the bottle breaking and everyone inside dying would make them enforce safety rules upon themselves.

If people could be made to see how easy the bottle we live in could be broken, maybe they'd stop fucking trying to break it or others would fucking murder/imprison/stop the ones trying to do so.

A lot of people go too big and think that everyone should go for conquering the world. Why not an island nation? Only let in people you like, you could even make the island yourself by grabbing rocks, soil, and wildlife and populating it at your leisure. Then just live there in an island utopia. Any nation drops a bomb on you? Kick their ass instantly. Any nation threatens trade sanctions? Just fly over them nigga.

>making your own island
I like this idea.

Feel free to call my autistic, but my absolute favorite thought about power wank fantasies is the reaction of people to outrageous demands or flagrant displays of authority.

Like if you gave some incredibly powerful or arrogant person a humiliating task and they literally couldn't do anything about it? Or just straight up do whatever you want, just walk into a store and start eating food out the back and ignoring everything and there's literally nothing the cops can do about it? I don't know it just tickles me.

Attached: face scruncher.png (940x614, 519K)

Enjoy the slippery slope, friend. Sooner or later regular reactions won't cut it anymore and you'll have to do bigger and more insane things until everyone is dead.

Joke's on you, I have no goals.
powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Psychic_Time_Manipulation
Cool, dwell on where my life is going even faster!

Joking aside, being able to 'overclock' my thought process sounds really handy. It'd be super useful if I were still in school.

>powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Emotion_Regeneration

Well, that's far more than I could ever gamble. I can basically heal the world and have everyone understand each other on a much deeper level and while it sounds gay it...would kinda work. Forget achieving my goals, I would achieve everyone goals and then we'll unify under the common good and so on.

Muh nigga. This is the best thing to do with these super powers if you're lazy, uninterested in the world and want to be left alone.

I would doctor doom it

>Walk into a bank
>Stand behind counter
"I work here now."

>ignore any talks about your super identity
>Blatantly do things wrong and dont ask for help
"Sorry. First day."

>Bank gets robbed
>comply
"I just work here."

>Ask "co workers" to lunch
>Dont pay

" (Manager) said he was buying. "
Manager did not say he was buying.

>Fold his car into a birthday clown
>say you'll be late tomorrow
>Rob the place in a ski mask next day
>Then clock in

"Mondays."

Attached: 1556635202941.jpg (1281x574, 259K)

Probably, but I would hope not.
Carbon capture and storage would be easy to achieve for Kryptonian tech.

What if two goals conflict in a way you can't work around? Who stays unhappy? Who dies?

Bitch, why wouldn't you secretly record that shit?
>Dictator Island!
>They demanded blood from their people, now their people demand blood from them
youtu.be/Ml4wAnvfM4M

Ah, the Escaflowne question. Basically we do the one thing everyone can wish for : the perfect wish. I'm pretty sure it has to do with hentai but I'm not sure about that.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Spinning_Attack
Man I was just gonna get basic video game mechanic, I'd rather have double jump or infinite inventory space or some shit.

Congrats. You've just found out why communism doesn't work.

How hard do you have to punch to break into another universe? cause I know supes can do it. animu tiddies here I come

Attached: 1251251256.png (418x480, 591K)

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Ascendancy
huh
I was kind of hoping for something less fantastic but I'll take it. With that site you either get total control over a concept or you get the power to be a little bit faster than everyone else
so I guess I'm super Kefka and I can get shit done by willing it. Probably just be a neet

I'd probably end up like Will Smith in Hancock -- I'd be a reckless, self-centred asshole who hates and condescends to people, but I'd still save them because it would be well within my power to do so.

Probably with the force of a Big Bang?

WOOSH!

My man!

I would try to do good, then slowly get more harsh, until one day I deem that I have went too far, and fuck off to mars.
Where I spend my days with peaceful terraforming, and the occasional catastrophe helping

>Go into crematorium oven while doused in gasoline. Bang on door while it's lit, screaming. Run out at super-speed aflame.
>not walking out and apologizing saying you think you're more of a burial kind of guy

>England
>a continent
Your teachers must have hated you.

I never mentioned England, he did. I wasn't even referring to it in my original post.

Just re-read the posts, my man.
>"throw every race and continent into space but one"
>reply that explains that wouldn't work because even in a small country like England that was fully Christian they turned on each other and had bloody civil wars
>I guess I should also have stipulated 'countries' instead of continents reply from you
You're the one who focused in on continents, when the England example is clearly about homogenous countries to begin with. If you didn't think England was a continent, then why did you think you needed to change the wording from continents to countries?

i'd use my laser vision to write NIGGER on the moon

Attached: DZNPkQ2U8AAIy9l.jpg (1200x846, 95K)

I would destroy America's bases on foreing soil

Not if people let me just have neat stuff that I want. I'm pretty reasonable.

Based

First order of business, beyond making sure my powers are really real and generally characterizing them, would be to march right down to a lab to volunteer for experiments (non-lethal, I'd indulge myself that much!) to identify and reverse-engineer whatever phenomenon empowered me so it could be most efficiently deployed for the good of all humanity. Such as letting everybody have it, at which point corruption by power is a moot point, isn't it? "When everyone's super, no one will be."

Until you get a schoolshooter type who uses his powers to tear the planet apart, just to ruin it for everybody.

We aren't even ready to join a galactic community, we sure as hell can't take everyone getting world-breaking powers.

powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Akashic_Plane_Manipulation

I'd be alright, I think.

I am certain I would become corrupted.

I don't want to, but I don't see myself as a good person deep down.

God I'd want to be, but I know my will is weak and I've broken down many a time over stupid shit.

I'd probably try to live as far from main society as I can at best for fear of ruining the earth.

If not just fuck off to build my own asteroid crib.

>violent crimes
Thing bigger my guy. Stop wars like Captain Marvel did in Secret Invasion

How would I even know which was the objectively right side, muggings and attempted murders tend to be more black and white

>muggings
The whole Sandman arc in the Spider-Man movie is an example of muggings not being entirely black and white, though. The only way to get rid of those cases, along with the "I stole a loaf of breeeeaaad" cases is to make a world where people aren't forced into those situations, which requires a whole lot of restructuring of society. Until then you're just choosing to look at the situation as black and white and yourself on the objectively good side. You could even land on the wrong side in an attempted murder. What if the guy getting murdered is selling crack to kids? You don't know.

Meanwhile there's plenty of wars where one side is a dictator pulling a coup against the elected leaders, or fucking genocides being pulled off. There you just have to face the fact that you can't make an objective call, and so instead you choose to enact the will of the people who voted, or to protect the people getting genocided.

I would only be corrupted in the way that i would pursue what i consider "justice", but also do stuff that pleases me personally, even if it means stealing shit.
But i would never become entirely evil or entirely good.