Would a mature Thundercats cartoon be successful?

Would a mature Thundercats cartoon be successful?

Attached: cheetara_chained.png (750x1311, 1.58M)

Fuck no.

Maybe a decade or two ago when the fans of the first run were in the key demo.

All they had to do was make the 2011 series but not shit. Apparently that was still successful but CN was being cheap so they cancelled it.

Isnt this the comic where she and willykitty were raped?

it's the comic where EVERYONE got rape.

Probably not.

It was basically a masculine but not alienating power fantasy mixed with the idea of joining the Lost Boys. The kids, not the vampires.

The appeal, the basic playstyle for the imagination, was getting to be in a place with a big bad guy and a loyal band of good guys, making your own rules in a place that mixes the best parts of post-apocalypse and high fantasy in a world that is mostly unpopulated.

Srs business would kill the desire to be a Thundercat and go on adventures with them, would remove the giddy fun from finding ancient working tanks or flying pirate ships, add too many new factions you have to be aware of which diminishes the feeling of being a main character, and removing the feelings of victory from beating cat mummy Captain Hook since it becomes a far more pyrrhic one.

You might be able to tell an interesting story, but ultimately it would just be adding darkness to Peter Pan and dressing it up as a furry toy commercial. You’re better off just sticking to making adult-oriented Peter Pan.

Not that it can’t be done. But you kind of have to justify it having to be Thundercats.

Nope. Two things; one, people don't actually care about thundercats anymore, they just pretend to so they can be a part of the le epic calarts meem. The ship for the thundercats brand sailed long ago

Two, people don't want action as much as they think they do. Every time a new action cartoon comes out, it gets an at best decent response, followed by everyone forgetting about it

A mature thundercats show would need to be pretty damn good to get people to care about it

Did well but not a success. It got an audience, but not quite enough of an audience to negate production costs

Yes. Furrybait is easy money these days.

you can't possibly think there's anything mature about this page

this is literally a page for twelve year olds to get their first funny pee pee feelings about

>Nope. Two things; one, people don't actually care about thundercats anymore, they just pretend to so they can be a part of the le epic calarts meem. The ship for the thundercats brand sailed long ago
The first remake had several Yea Forums threads so you can't even pretend this is true here.
>Two, people don't want action as much as they think they do. Every time a new action cartoon comes out, it gets an at best decent response, followed by everyone forgetting about it
Not only this is just you talking out of your ass, Yea Forums has several threads and discussion dedicated to action shows even now.

tl;dr
You are wrong.

I hated it when it was on and hated the weebs who kept defending it and the shit anime art style that was in vogue for all cartoons at that time. It pissed me off hearing fags on Yea Forums defend it talking out their ass saying it was fine because asians worked on the original, and therefore it was anime. It was as if the people working on it didn't know about the original or care about, or like it, but zoomers on Yea Forums only liked to talk about their waifu trash such as the new Wilykit(who was just like every other anime catgirl), just like with the netflix She-ra, which will hopefully be done for good soon so we can move on. Not to mention that the toys sucked dick, being that CN let Bandai do them, just like with Teen Titans, and Bandai put in the minimal fucking effort like they always do.

You know what he means. Stop being a beardo.

>the shit anime art style that was in vogue for all cartoons at that time.

You are a worthless retard and it would be awesome if there were a way I never have to see any of your posts again.

What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about the late 2010s user.

>It got an audience, but not quite enough of an audience to negate production costs
It made profit, even with the shitty schedule releases. But the pitch of "Legends of Chima" target the same public and at a lower cost. So they decide to go with it instead of Thundercats.
Also, sometime ago, the showrunner of the show talk about the ideas for the next seasons and they were shit.

Eat my dick. The anime style is an objective improvement from the saturday morning cartoon look (which was actually just low-budget anime since all of the art was done by topcraft)

You know what he means. Stop being a beardo.

What comic run is this?

>just low-budget anime
ZOOM ZOOM!

Yes, that sure looks like an anime style in OP's pick, really makes me think. It's this same retardation that always annoyed me about intellectually uncurious zoomers pronouncing everything and anything anime, because it's all they know and it's what they masturbate to. My female cousin who has a liberal-arts degree and frequents Reddit and talks about star wars and Dr Who all the time does the same thing, pronouncing shit anime, because she loves Avatar and Attack on Titan.

>ZOOM ZOOM!
Can you talk like a normal human being?

But the 80s thundercats was literally drawn by an anime studio you dipshit, the same anime studio that evolved into studio ghibli.

Also what the fuck are you on about? Nobody cares that your sister uses reddit

>implying Thundercats is better than AtLA
I like Thundercats but you've got some shit tier taste

>But the 80s thundercats was literally drawn by an anime studio you dipshit

Yet it was drawn in a western style for an American company, Rankin & Bass and was a multi-media property that included comic books, which were not drawn being drawn by manga artists now ere they?

>Also what the fuck are you on about
Touched a nerve reddit poster?

Attached: 1553362368189.png (472x565, 18K)

DUDE RAPE LMAO is pretty immature, though.

The western style was eerily close to the eastern ones of the era then

I never implied 2011 Thundercats was better, I hate Avatar equally as well for being pesudo-anime that's on the same intellectual level as Harry Potter and liked by the same audience. I only cared about the 80's Thundercats.

I know you retard. If you think any form of thundercats is better than AtLA you're a goddamn retard

>The western style was eerily close to the eastern ones of the era then

O really? How many saucer eyed anime characters were on it with slits for noses? How many japs drew the comic books and the rest of the American media? The show and it's accompanying media were all drawn in a realistic style.

You haven't watched the show in a while I take it? If anything it's less realistic than the 2011 version

But 80's Thundercats is high test; Avatar the last genderbender is low test fake anime. If I wanted anime I could watch good shows like the Dirty Pair or the Guyver OVA.

When are people going to get past the idea that maturity must mean sex, rape and violence?

The original character designs were American, but otherwise it was all done in Japan.

Almost everything was outsourced to Japan in the 80s.

>If anything it's less realistic
If you mean by super serious story, then yes, but style? No. 2011 is big time GAY, even giving them tails and giant cat ears.

Ok boomer

>high test

Attached: file.jpg (620x703, 84K)

>but otherwise it was all done in Japan.
Most shows were animated in Japan, but that doesn't then qualify all animation as anime here, when you're dealing with Western companies and a western style.

The 80s one looked like this. If you consider this to be realistic you have brain problems. Also, realism =/= quality. Thundercats looks good BECAUSE it was stylized. If you want pure realism go watch a live action movie

Attached: file.jpg (580x367, 75K)

In the case of Thundercats the Japanese involvement was so extensive that the show is even listed on the ANN database (not as an anime, but as a US TV show). Just looking at the intro makes it really obvious it's Japanese animation.

This. Rankin bass and topcraft had this system where the former would write the show and the latter would animate it, with RB having very little involvement in the art

Anthros would be wildly successful if used fully

>the literal toy commercial is high test
A very low bar

Attached: 1552949768314.gif (498x498, 58K)

What comic?

Attached: 43423567.jpg (280x243, 9K)

Thundercats: The Return.

Attached: RCO002_1556761845.jpg (1004x1483, 279K)

Hnnng
I kinda ship them now

tag: NTR and mindbreak?
if so i will read it

>NTR

Weak.

>edgy rape fanfic of '80s children's cartoon

Why was this made again?

t. dicklet

To be fair wilykit/kat consented

Not really, she's planning to kill him in his sleep if I recall.

She ends up sucking his cock instead tho

It'd be successful with furries alright

>The 80s one looked like this.
And? Does have saucer eyes? Does he have a slit for a nose? Nope
>Also, realism =/= quality.
Get a load at this fag. Take your calarts and fuck right off.

>was so extensive
Doesn't matter, it was still a western multi-media property done in a western style for a western company and drawn by white people in the comic books and other media. The simple fact that asians worked on it does not qualify it as anime.

>This.
Fuck off with your dick sucking weeb
Oh did Avatar have toys or just last minute lesbians, I'm a little foggy on that one? I seem to recall reddit jerking off to the lesbian finale.

Avatar and Thundercats are toy commercials
Cope

You're like the autism denying weeb but on the other side and somehow more aggressive

Furries have shit taste.

well people say that the UK Comic literally had her being raped

if some britfuck user may confirm it

>that image
>mature

A pointless outcome.

Mumm-ra raped both of the kittens

>Yet it was drawn in a western style
Nope.
>How many saucer eyed anime characters
WATCH. THE. SHOW. Holy Christ, you fucken kids...
>2011 is big time GAY
The original literally looked like understudies for CATS.
>Does have saucer eyes
Bitch, those eyes are damn big, and and and not erry animu character thn had "lol saucer-eyes" and "slits for noses", you goddamn simp.

The one where everybody gets raped.

"Consent or die" isn't a true option, user.

Yeah, bongs need to earn their keep around here!

>and and and

Don't get too excited.

Attached: FEBDC445-4215-488E-A0AB-E0266DC4AFEE.jpg (1024x763, 210K)

Doubt.

Considering the primary demographic is furries, yes

>both of the kitties
what? even wilykat got the dick?

Mumm-ra specifies her as his concubine.

She got fuuucked.

Yeah no. For teens? Yes. For more mature ones? NEVER.

No such thing as Yea Forums mature viewers.

Noice

He also wanted to add Cheetara to his harem after she got gangbanged by the mutants.

Attached: RCO004_1556761845.jpg (1004x1447, 325K)

>implying he didn't wreck dat ass before handing her over to get rape trained

I will say.

Where do you think you are?

Did you mean Birdo?

Attached: 84A5622E-3509-48A5-9653-474E6BE5D6D7.png (306x452, 78K)