Who deserved her more?

Who deserved her more?

Ichabod or Brom?

Attached: 2011-femmes01-23.jpg (300x226, 79K)

I say we chuck her to the Headless Horseman.

Brom, Ichabod was a rake and a coward.

Probably Brom. He just thought she looked really beautiful and his only fault was being too Alpha for his time period.

Ichabod, while being the protaganist, was totally in it for the trophy wife and cash crops. Probably would have been a miserable marriage.

Why was Ichabod the good guy again? He's shown to be a power hungry jerk who can cuck whole New England Villages, and loves going straight to corporal punishment for his kids, unless he's bribed with free food.

Brom was just a on/off asshole sometimes.

Because Ichabod was a scumbag. Brom was a murderer.

There is no good guy, all three are assholes.

The English are always trying to steal from the Dutchmen.

Those fuckers stole the spice trade, so fuck 'em cunts.

You must admit she had huge tracts of land.

So does Ichapod died or really married and had kids?

This. Katrina was using Ichabod to cocktease Brom. She had no interest in Ichabod.

I unno lol

The real question: why was this not its own, whole movie instead of paired with Mr. Toad? Toad is tonally different and just not as good a story. Even the narrators are different.

I saw it separate, before it was bundled.

"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on VHS.

WAY back when.

woody

Attached: 7768.jpg (584x587, 34K)

Brom didn't kill anyone. He just scared that scumbag Ichabod off, and happily married Katrina after.

Disney didn't have the resources to do full-on features in the late 40s. Only reason they even survived WW2 was becoming a propaganda house.

The extended length featurettes featured in the double-feature package films were kinda treated as interchangable partners. Like Toad was almost partnered with Mickey and the Beanstalk.

Brom. Ichabod mostly seemed to want her for her money. Also she really was just hanging out with Ichabod to make Brom's jealous.

I don't think Brom was the Headless Horse man. Ichabod saw down the hole; There was no head there. He probably saw a neck or just nothing at all.

This is a joke meant to be ironic, right? Please tell me you are joking.

Attached: bf8b9780-bf78-012e-ac7f-0050569439b1.jpg (409x700, 66K)

This , but also the story isn’t that long or complex. You need to pad it out like Tom Burton did to stretch it to feature length.

Which I guess is also true of most Disney movies based on folklore or fairy tales, but still. Sleepy Hollow works fine as just a simple short.

Do you really not know this was a theatrical film before the vhs? And that it was paired to be shown in theaters with Mr Toad? In the 1940s?

Attached: 7965E7DF-645F-4C0D-BFF2-A9ED90F9778F.png (1010x912, 1.63M)

Since we never saw Cinderella's mother, I imaginer her as Katrina.

I remember the sleepy hollow movie where it was this computer geek meeting the horseman

It’s a joke about the nature of folklore that the narrator makes a nod to the “real” story (if the story is based on any reality at all) and contrasts it to the canon of the fantastic story it became. He says “Yeah, there’s this dumb rumor that Ichabod actually just skipped town and shacked up with some whore. But the people of Sleepy Hollow know what REALLY happened was he was dragged to Hell by a headless ghost.”

Look. I had it on VHS and it was called "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow" only. I thought the whole bundling thing was Disney being lazy and pairing the two due to lackluster sales when they were sold individually.

Honestly? Odds are he escaped. We never saw what the pumpkin hit. The ghost can't cross the bridge, so no dragging off to hell. Ichabod made it across the bridge.

The tone you took made me think you were being facetious and sarcastic
>lol look at how old I am! I remember this movie WAY BACK when it was on VHS! I bet you kids don’t even know what a VHS is!

Meanwhile actual elderlyfags are aware of the time before home video when Disney would release and sometimes rerelease their movies in the theater.

There are two versions of the same story. The one where there’s a ghost that chases Ichabod and the one in the “real world” where ghosts don’t exist and Ichabod just skipped town.

Honestly, if this is meant to be a “true story,” I’ve never really got what evidence there was left that Ichabod was attacked by a ghost. He simply is seen leaving the party, and after that there’s no witness to what happens to him because he’s all alone, and apparently he just is never seen again. The shit with the ghost must be all made up. Again, this is only assuming Ichabod Crane was a real person at all. It’s probably a completely fictional story and it doesn’t matter anyway, which is a little joke in itself.

The person I feel bad for in the whole thing is whoever owned that horse. Ichabod didn’t own it and was only borrowing it, and apparently it “mysteriously disappeared” as well. Ichabod probably sold it.

Ichabod could have also been unlucky enough to get murdered the same night people told him about the Headless Horseman.

I like to imagine the ugly stepsisters’ dad is Gaston and Lady Tremaine is a former bimbette.

Attached: Cinderella Katrina.jpg (504x834, 91K)

Ichabod was more of an anti-hero. He was kind of sleazy. His motivation was partly to cash in on her father's wealth when he passed and he spent a lot of time mooching of people for free food. Overall I still give it a 10/10. One of the best Halloween cartoons ever made.

Could be, but I don’t see why anyone would kill him. He had absolutely nothing worth stealing (unless you need a human head for some reason), if it was a robber. And it wasn’t a very densely populated area, so there’s less chance there was just some crazy murderer hanging out. Also his body, his stuff, and the horse were never found.

If these two are related, they are descended from all of the centaurettes in Fantasia. And probably a couple mermaids from Peter Pan.

I'm 36.

The basic design for Brom was used on Gaston as well.

That two second shot in the cartoon unfortunately fucks up a lot of the ambiguity the story could have.

Brom was the Headless Horseman. Watch it again, it makes too much sense.

Attached: Iceraichabodmrtoad4128.jpg (460x310, 90K)

Come back when you’re 50.

See .

>what is a cartoon

Yes. And it is a cartoon where if you “watch it again,” you don’t find more evidence supporting the theory Brom Bones is supposed to be the Headless Horseman. You find evidence against it. At least, in the cartoon version.

Either way, it’s just a silly folktale. One of the morals of the story in the end is “you can just go ahead and believe whatever you want because none of it is real anyway lol.”

Also Slue Foot Sue

Attached: Slue Foot Sue.png (500x382, 230K)

We don't have posters that old.

I’m sure somebody here is.

What? that's not one of the morals, that's a folky way of saying "We aint saying this really happened, but... watch your back, bro"
because the PRIMARY moral of the story is "brom bones and his posse picked up on what ichabod was laying down (namely wanting to take a hot young piece off the market purely for her dad's money) and GENTLY let him know he wasn't welcome in sleepy hollow"

Childhood is thinking Ichabod is the hero

Adulthood is realizing Brom is.

In the original story? Skipped town.

In the Disney movie? Probably dragged to hell. He saw down the Horseman's neck, and his reaction made it clear hensaw something more horrifying than a head of hair.

i usually root for the virgin, but im going with brom. ichabod was an asshole

If Ichabod was an asshole in the Disney movie, it's even worse in the book. Dude is literally living off other people and "when" he will marry Katrina, he made it pretty clear he wouldn't help any teacher asking for help (like he is doing currently). Also beat up a kid cuz he wanted to end the lesson quicker but the kid was struggling.

She didn't deserve Ichabod. She was just using him to make Brom jealous.

GEKOLONISEERD

I'm more fond of her large breasts.

Ichabod didn't deserve anybody.

Nah. Ichabod deserved a shrew that could be just as bad to him as he was to everyone else. Katrina could’ve been that shrew, but her relationship with Brom is probably ultimately healthier.

Why?

I would like to sex on them

Aye.

Attached: 1298749.png (1500x2741, 406K)

>but I don't see why anyone would kill him
You don't need a reason to kill another human. If you are sociopathetic enough, have the opportunity, and just want to do it you can.

Even the horseman only wanted to kill Ichabod because he wanted to steal his head. Everyone’s gotta have some reason.

me desu

Both were selfish jerks. One wanted her for financial reasons and the other for her body. So I guess it's a pick between a muscle idiot and a rat-like scribe.

>dat ass

No wonder they had so many kids

Attached: ichabod-disneyscreencaps.com-7836.jpg (1440x1080, 176K)

And to think he was so scared by the Horseman throwing that pumpkin on the ground when he's also been splattering seeds everywhere in town.

Attached: tilda.jpg (5247x5710, 2.22M)

Disney started splitting them up in the '50s for television; each was around the right length for a Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents episode, especially when you add in host segments and maybe background information. I think Sleepy Hollow actually got an entirely new animated segment about Washington Irving added to it that hasn't been seen in decades.

That continued pretty much until the late '80s when LaserDisc rolled around. Even later theatrical released broke the films up and showed them with something else instead; the renamed Madcap Adventures of Mr. Toad was released with Hot Lead and Cold Feet after previously being released as The Wind in the Willows with Treasure of Matecumbe. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was used in a lot of Disney television specials like Disney's Halloween treat and also attached to a few films as well.

Yeah, it wasn't until the 90s that Disney started putting the package features out again in their original forms.

Irving's original was sort of a prototype "bad guy gets his comeuppance" horror story like the kind you'd see in EC comics, albeit played as a comedy and with the Horseman left ambiguous.

Stage play adaptations made Ichabod more sympathetic for comedy purposes (and definitively set the story at Halloween) and these translated into public perception of the story years before Disney.

Attached: icopera.png (510x706, 826K)

This is a case where that meme works perfectly.

Those old timey girl designs were fucking hot as hell.