Do you guys think Snyder's JL: Final Crisis film could have been as good as Endgame?

Do you guys think Snyder's JL: Final Crisis film could have been as good as Endgame?

Imagine DC never got cold feet. Justice League ends with Darkseid getting the anti-life equation and conquering the earth. Justice League 2 has an epic confrontation between the JL and Darkseid.

Infinity War and Endgame got a lot of plaudits , but Snyder's original vision could have one-upped the Russo's. Snyder had Darkseid winning, time travel and heroes sacrificing themselves before Marvel did it.People complain about Snyder's films were too long and depressing , but Marvel pulled it off and I'm sure Snyder could.

collider.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-original-version/

Attached: Zack-Snyder-Justice-League-Storyboard-Knightmare-Darkseid.jpg (798x407, 58K)

No because Snyder's previous DC movies weren't any good

No. Snyder is shit, everyone hated his movies, and Wonder Woman and Aquaman made more than them with better reviews.

It’s best not to think about it. DCEU will never have an Endgame, that’s just the way it is

>DCEU will never have an Endgame, that’s just the way it is

Attached: feelsbadman.jpg (396x385, 51K)

Marvel pulled it off because they earned it over a decade. For Snyder, that tone would have just been business as usual

We're discussing fanfiction on this board now? Coz Superfriends: The End is amazing.

If we are, anyone every read those Last Son fanfics? Supes got a bit Gary Stuish around the later parts

>People complain about Snyder's films were too long and depressing

My main complaint was that they were terrible, on almost every level except visuals.

it would be much more interesting visually and worse on every other level

Only the one set in Injustice.

>Movies are shit
>Can't even pull off one fucking good movie with just one character
>I-I'm sure S-Snyder could have one upped the Russos if given the chance!
>H-He totally could have made a great ensemble movie you guys!
Sure thing OP. Shazam could've made a billion and Aquaman 2 billion if he was directing them too.

It's Snyder's original vision for JL , not fanfic.

>Do you guys think Snyder's JL: Final Crisis film could have been as good as Endgame?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snyder does one thing, and one thing only: visuals. Literally everything else sucks.

yep, fanfic, and not very believable fanfic

>something dc
>good as marvel

Snyder isn't a good storyteller, so it would've been DC's X3 or X-Men: Apocalypse.

I’ve already accepted it.

100% worse than those definitely

>The Snyder reveals prove there's still a huge swath of the moviegoing public that want serious and mature superhero movies
>had he stayed on we could've had a hard and unique look into Billy dealing with larger-than-life gods mentoring him on how to be a superhero as he navigates a foster system that threatens to break his spirit
>instead we get FLOSSIN and meme quotes galore to attract dem zoomerbux and mothers wanting more Marvel movies for the kids

Anyone else miserable now over what could've been?

Attached: Zoomer.gif (507x269, 1.6M)

nice pasta

Endgame ran on the idea that you have seen and are invested in like 10 years worth of movies. JL never would've had that going for it even if Synder had stayed as a director. Whether it would've made for a good movie or not is debatable but the audience wouldn't have the same investment - remember Superman died in BvS and no one gave a shit I'm not sure JL could ever come back from that.

>a huge swath of the moviegoing public
Some people on the internet=!huge swath.

It was bait, but when I was watching Endgame, I kept thinking every so often "oh DCEU did something kinda like this" or "oh this was in those Zack Snyder plans". Weird how things work out

Snyder Billy would've gotten molested as a child, kidnapped and locked in some paedolphile's basement. gains Shazam's powers then rips his captor in half. it would be the edgiest film ever.

Snyder’s messes up. There’s a reason Gunn used his MoS as a basis for Brightburn

>snyder
>serious and mature

Attached: evans.webm (440x236, 1.18M)

Not just a basis. The entire goal of the trailers is to make you think of the old MoS trailers but dark

It would have shat all over Infinity War and Endgame but I doubt that it would have been more critically or commercially successful. Batman v Superman is the only superhero movie to make my Top 10 movies of the decade and the only action movie to make my Top 5 of the decade but it didn't manage to glcatch on with the general public.

Attached: GettyImages93741501.jpg (1600x1603, 508K)

>It would have shat all over Infinity War and Endgame
Good joke

Snyder was the wrong person to helm the universe

Get off Yea Forums, Zack

What is with DC's obsession with being edgy and grimdark? I swear it used to be DC that was colorful and optimistic and Marvel the edgy and cynical cape company.

yea the kid miracleman movie we will never have

Attached: mm12-15.jpg (1440x2225, 1.34M)

Batman and Nolan

I'm being absolutely serious. And I like Infinity War and Endgame. But Batman v Superman is one of the best movies in the genre. The The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of superhero movies.

>But Batman v Superman is one of the best movies in the genre.
It's really not. it's a disappointing mess and did absolutely no justice to the characters for trade on screen

This. Even if Warner Bros. didn't rightfully scrap it and even if Snyder's daughter didn't die and he kept working on the movies, making the hypothetical JL2 the "Endgame" of DCEU would be blowing your load WAY too early.
With the MCU, there was a more or less cohesive storyline going through *ten years* worth of movies. The introduction of the Avengers initiative, and the characters (both the main Avengers AND Loki), and the Cosmic Cube, just to finish Phase One with the Avengers finally Assembling.
THEN Phase Two introduced the very IDEA of Infinity Gems, as well as bringing the audience up to speed on Thanos, all the while building up tensions between the Avengers that came to a head in Civil War, which finally led into Infinity War and Endgame.
Meanwhile, DCEU had Man of Steel, which introduced Superman and destroyed Metropolis, which was a springboard for BvS, which was followed by JL. I'm ignoring Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad because they didn't really bring anything to the table as far as the larger narrative is concerned.
So you basically have three movies there were supposed to do the work of at least ten (and I'm being generous here). That ain't gonna happen.

He's not saying you're making a joke he's saying you are the joke.

Well it’s not good, but it is bad, and the reviews were ugly

No, the entire DCEU has been a complete clusterfuck from the beginning.

It's more like The Room of superhero movies

>Meanwhile, DCEU had Man of Steel, which introduced Superman and destroyed Metropolis, which was a springboard for BvS [In which Superman fucking dies in his second movie]

Just wanted to add that part

Eh, he got better.

I liked Man of Steel and BvS a lot, but, frankly, no. I was thinking about this earlier today and I realized that Batman v Superman should've come after like four movies, not one.

They just did too much too fast. I like a lot of the ideas those movies had but so much shit they did was totally unearned and Justice League was, rightfully, a total disaster and they fucked up so badly by pissing away Cavill and Affleck. I'm glad they seem to have found their footing with Wondy, Aquaman and Shazam, but it's hard not to see the insane amount of missed potential they had with those movies.

Not only were Snyder's DC movies shit, but Final Crisis itself was the worst of all major Crisis events, and it doesn't make sense to adapt any of them to the big screen. They've always been attempts by editorial to unfuck continuity and push sales, and the original actually being good capes comics was a fucking miracle.

A Crisis film would only work the way MCU's Civil War wasn't a complete fucking disaster; by making it almost nothing like the comic event it's based on.