Tuca & Bertie

What's the verdict?

Attached: tuca_bertie_season1_episode1_00_00_19_0320190227-5791-1twfhlt.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

its-not-its.info
youtube.com/watch?v=PkKb7N91Qpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's better than Dishitchantment.

Attached: Groening and Weinstein are HACKS.jpg (6800x4400, 2.96M)

Is this the same universe as Bojack Horseman?

No, just the same artist. Tuca and Bertie is a far weirder world.

Interesting. Is it as good as Bojack?

I enjoyed it but my girlfriend enjoy it a lot more than i did. it has more jokes in the background for women though it is a more women oriented show.

>Girlfriend

Get fuck out normie

It's very different. You'd think it's similar because it looks the same but outside of the artist there are few similarities. It's far more "cartoony," it's surreal instead of drama or character based.

Better than I expected. Really cartoony like the reboot of Rocky and Bullwinkle everyone ignored.

Hm.

Then I guess I'll skip it. The Bojack humor is quite hit or miss for me.
The drama is what makes the show good

finish your coffee before posting user

how is it not in the same universe

How did you know I was drinking coffee

>not 'What's the BIRD-ict?'
lame

Watch the fucking show then if you don't wanna believe us.

because when i make massive grammatical fuck ups it's usually do too me not finishing my coffee before checking Yea Forums.

I like it, but I'm a broad and it definitely caters to female preference in writing- particularly the jokes, which men are gonna like less than they would a Bojack Horseman joke.

Finish your coffee user

Raunchier (and less good) Aggretsuko.

Attached: image.jpg (630x472, 46K)

How is it like Aggretsuko?

It stars anthropomorphic female characters with jobs. Therefore, it is exactly like Aggretsuko.

Attached: brainsex.png (1201x800, 646K)

The Bertie stuff specifically is very oppressed woman in the workplace.

I didn't say exactly like it. This show isn't nearly as good.

Im scared to try it because the art style is too similar to bojack.

Sounds dumb but really if a show doesn’t even have its own look why i should i even bother. I wish the artists bothered by giving this show more of its own style if it’s different from bojack.

Attached: C70737B6-157F-44CE-9EB9-204D1FF50601.jpg (1052x647, 139K)

Watched a few episodes last night. Better than I thought. Has an Ugly Americans vibe to it.

Unrelated, if anyone knows where I can pick up ugly Americans the entire series without buying it one episode at a time, that’d be swell.

Hm yes yes
That makes sense

Will this show grant me the ability to understand girls?

only girls living in california

Do you like Futurama? Disenchantment?

Only the character designs are similar. In motion it's very different from BoJack. It's far more fluid, exaggerated, and cartoony than BoJack.

Nobody likes Disenchantment.

The show is much more cartoony and loose than bojack so I can separate the styles, theres only a handful of characters that look exactly like they came from Bojack

Attached: df604790-ab45-4b5f-90a9-25449be86829.gif (500x297, 2.59M)

I liked it better than I thought I would.

This doesn't even take place in California

I know a girl that's exactly like Tuca

They even joke about that when Los Angeles is brought up in the dialogue.

Was worried it was going to be a little too preachy but it's just fucking hilarious. I laughed multiple times every episode, which isn't something I can say for many """comedy""" shows. Great cartoony shit. Feels like spongebob with themes of sexual abuse.

Attached: 1456577241042.jpg (227x225, 6K)

Has anybody done fanart switching bojack/Tuca and Bertie style with Aggretsuko style?

>The frycook games reference

Attached: 1528167721033.png (305x259, 132K)

Sophie is marriage material.

Attached: sophie.png (474x850, 257K)

Is she a slut

It's only a matter of time

i nutted

Attached: birdie boobies.png (1920x1080, 958K)

The show is full of uncovered boobs, and you nut to the shot of tits in a bra

Ye

Did she suck your dick?

a show for women, superficial with fart noises. Gave me like three chuckles, but the animation was nice.

Ye

Can anyone explain this? I'm interested.

I dunno, man. Bras do things to me.

Attached: Gyan Yankovich.jpg (2507x2988, 848K)

Tell us more.

I enjoyed it mostly. Very obvious that it's main audience is women though. Some jokes didn't land at all, but a lot did. Very rocky start that starts to get better around the mid point. I thought that nerd horse was the cutest thing.

Not much to tell.
We were drunk as shit and I had trouble maintaining a boner, so she was mostly sucking a flaccid flop of meat

My god that bra looks so fucking comfy.
I want to wear that.

Pic related is what was referring to. It happened after frying oil splashed onto the audience. I personally didn't see it as an intentional SpongeBob reference, though.

Attached: potato people.jpg (1280x1424, 400K)

Attached: phone.png (1605x1806, 894K)

its-not-its.info

Bras are for girls user

Attached: 1816D9E6-5F94-4C04-9799-C03B3E6787F1.jpg (296x418, 33K)

>A person jumps into a vat of fried oil, splashing a section of the audience, turning them into picturesque fried food
I feel like the jokes are too similar for it not to be a reference. Am i crazy?

Like what

Cheers.

Is it your only blowjob?

I wouldn't say one was better than the other. It's a pretty good "palete cleanser" after Bojack's dark 'n deep shit though.

GIVE THEM FUCKING TAIL FEATHERS, YOU HACKS!!!

Holy fucking cringe

Attached: 1554900021504.jpg (960x960, 43K)

But the support, user.

Though T&B does get a bit dark around the end of the show.

I don’t know but it looks like Regular Show meets Bojack Horseman.

Ye

Not everything is a reference, me boy. Even Aaron Long had to go out of his way to state that Tuca and Bertie's strut in the intro wasn't a specific reference to anything.

Attached: The Chad Aaron Long.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

>biff thrusto

This. It's kind of hard to say which one is better than the other. Especially when BoJack already has five seasons under its belt.

Attached: don't you forget about me.jpg (405x366, 46K)

Yeah
You also gotta keep in mind that Bojack had a really slow start.
Like Sure the second half of the first season was good but Bojack started to be really good with season 2

I like futurama not the latter. The characters were just sorta boring and the first few episodes didn't grip me at all.

I accept these as answers id say. I just feel like some shows (like disenchantment) really would do better with their own style so they aren't constantly compared to better shows that came before them.

Its the difference between a well crafted product and something that just sort of made.

I hope it gets a second season.

>oppressed woman in the workplace
That is not what Aggressive Retsuko is about.

>yup, still there

Ugly and unfunny

You should like it then, you share something in common

shhhhh

Yes we know you are all those things but we're talking about the show

Attached: shrek_380.gif (380x285, 70K)

Attached: SUPA HOT FIRE!!.gif (320x240, 1.32M)

It's Netflix, everything that is watched well gets season 2.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm super attracted to Bertie, when she faps in the bathroom, fuck. P

>No Buddy Thunderstruck Season 2

There's a giant ad for it that autoplays when I open netflix, so I won't watch it. I probably would have otherwise.

>Marrying a girl too dumb to get a business degree

Whew lad

I loved their depiction of professional archeticting. It's almost like a meta joke on depicting careers you have no experience in.

I'm not gonna lie, you've got mighty fine taste.

Attached: schlick.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

Attached: temp.png (801x897, 679K)

It’s Whacky BoJacky.

This is a good way to describe it

>doodles a crude drawing of a house
“Hmmm. I dunno. That window doesn’t seem structurally sound.”
>adds two lines
>”Speckles, you’ve done it again!”

One of the better jokes of the show.

It's good but not for everyone

>Take the worst aspect of Bojack and make a generic two girl sitcom about it
Everyone at netflix should be fired

Watch it first

Bojack started with a hit, the muffin fiasco with bojacks reaction was priceless

why would I watch something that didn't sell me on it in the trailer?

Because you cant come in and say "X is just __ but shit" when you havent even watched the damn thing

This. You can't talk about shows you haven't watched for at least three episodes

>WATCH MY SHOW
Thats not how it works, you present a show worth watching with an interesting trailer and people watch it, repeating just watch it doesn't tell me anything about it

your a blood idiot shitposter who refuses to even put effort into the thing your shitting about, nobody owes you anything, especially when you can't even be assed to read the fucking thread and come to your own opinions.

>Bertie let her insecurities get the best of her and was a shitty girlfriend
>Speckle was a the oerfect boyfriend and only lost his cool when it was justified to do it

I was really impressed they didn't go for the obvious "boys are the worse!" route and did the complete oposite.

Cool. Just know you've resigned all right to talk about it

*you're
I'm in this thread to find out if its worth giving another chance and so far all ive seen is shilling "give it a watch" instead of actual reasons to watch it

yeah it was really mature of them to call Bertie out on her behavior and let Speckle be justifiably upset, and in the end things are okay but arent fixed, they still have a lot that they need to work on

screaming muh shills at people liking a product that you don't says a lot more than you think it does.

It's got cute designs and I enjoy the variety with the various animation styles. Some of the impact of the humor or drama is lost on me but everything else kept me watching. I'm a fan of how Tuca moves her head.

I want to punch Tuca's spazzed out face, fun show thou

>Still doesn't give any reason to watch it
You'd think im asking too much in a thread about if its any good but somehow you seem deadset against giving an example. Strongly leads me to believe its mostly trash

Attached: identifying arguments.jpg (431x582, 73K)

you wen't in spouting meme's and accusing people of shilling, if you can't be assed to read the thread instead of having a tantrum you have no one but yourself to blame. there's even people talking about what they like and don't like in between this, but you don't fucking care, because your just a shitposter.

It's a good time, the show isnt up its own ass over its deeper messages, the more feminist messages are valid to the characters, and sometimes the show straight up says "Your problem isnt sexism, you just lack confidence", and it embraces the fact that it's a cartoon, when the female characters fuck up they get called out on it, and those calling them out are justified

Attached: spicy chips for lunch.png (1011x783, 848K)

Do you know where you are faggot? memes are all over this website and this thread has mentioned a grand total of two jokes
>repeat of the frycook games joke
>Architect adding lines to a window
Funny but only one was original out of a comedy show

>Do you know where you are faggot? memes are all over this website
Your newfag is showing

Yeah the show really sold itself to me when Bertie complained about that she wasn't getting a promotion because sexism and you were expecting your generic feminist powerfantasy where the shy and hardworking girl gets promoted over the douchebag but then Tuca swoops in as a part timer and gets offered to be promoted almost immediately

You could say it's a sitcom show in Bojack's universe except that there are plant people and actual non-humanoid animals, which straight up don't exist with Bojack. Remember the ep where they show us where chicken meat comes from?

It’s just feminist breadwinners

Attached: 191BE90B-B461-4213-8125-C631580EC5AC.jpg (600x450, 82K)

>memes are bad
>unless I use them
tumblr really ruined this place

That whole episode, however, did demonstrate that sexism was also holding her and other employees back. It wasn't her only problem, but it was a very big one. Confronting that sexism was simply a part of her learning to be more assertive as well.

Attached: 1556954634415.jpg (205x204, 5K)

Your newfag is REALLY showing now

yeah i'm on Yea Forums, not Yea Forums not Yea Forums where "memes" have turned those boards into a rancid shit show of listen and believe hive mind retardation, that make talking on old Yea Forums about cartoons seem less cancerous than trying to get an honest discourse out of those boards and considering i suggest you go the fuck back there.

I mean it's literally the same joke except with potatos instead of fish isn't it? Front row and all.

Not only does it also have anthropomorphic plants, but it has non-anthropomorphic animals, ghosts, giant snakes that are somehow also the local railway trains, and bizarre impossible things that seem like cartoon gags but are literal and real in-context. It has a little more in common with Gumball in that sense.

This. Yea Forums was the worst thing to happen to Yea Forums

This show has more tits than Game of Thrones

there's more cartoon absurdity

>Oh, OH! Because both shows are about two best friends who are birds!
You've cracked the case, Einstein.

Attached: delusional brainlet.png (657x539, 110K)

Do girls really text each other like they do in the show

Why are girls always so hyper normie?

>discorse
all you've done is shit yourself because people dare dislike another crappy netflix show repeating "just watch it" like thats going to convince anyone of anything

Female intelligence has a strong trend towards the middle, while men tend more towards the high and low ends.

You'll rarely find any genius women, but at the same time there's also very few autistic retard women

What do you mean

>aking for reason to watch it
faggot, you came to the thread talking shit and you wnat us to sucj your dick? fuck off retard

Attached: spoonfeeding.png (845x1200, 244K)

Regular Show was Bojack Horseman before Bojack Horseman was even a thing.

Duckman was both before either

It depends on the individuals.

and all you've done is press repeat on the netflix=bad meme, it's what you came in with, and it's what your treated with,bitch.

Attached: reasons to watch smuggie.jpg (735x541, 73K)

>einstein
>not watson

Attached: 1544283245034.png (200x300, 28K)

Lmao epic fail

>lmao epic fail

Attached: 1546559743096.jpg (604x600, 68K)

That is a very sexy cat

Funny, colorful, and unique.

The trailer is absolute shit that highlights none of the extremely prominent abdurdism and visual gags and whoever edited it together deserves to be fired for making it look like lighter bojack

The trailer is shit. The show is funny and reminds me of what the fox ADHD block could've been with decent writing.

This. The actual show, if anything, is closer to chowder than it is bojack

But it's nothing like bojack in any way

Good but falls just short of a must watch. Sexual harassment is a major theme, but it quietly subverts how the mainstream defines it. Would watch second season.

Just reading this thread it's clear that the art style drawing comparisons to bojack is a huge hurdle for this show

It works amazingly for the material but people wanting absurd comedy will assume it's a dramedy sitcom like bojack and people looking for more bojack aren't going to necessarily want an absurd comedy

I agree 100%. Giving Aaron Long a bigger role in designing the look of the show would've been a good idea since that would not only helped further distinguish Tuca & Bertie from BoJack, but it would've also given the show an art style that better suits its heavy use of slapstick and visual humor.

Attached: cartoony dancing.gif (500x455, 4M)

The late-season-family guy "And then a random thing happens that gets ignored" that happens every other line gets tiresome pretty fast. I mean like how in later seasons of Family Guy they wouldn't even bother with "Remember that time" and instead the freaked out event just happens, like Mongooses set up a trap and then they just forget it happened. This show is like that all the time every episode. Ironically it also fell into the same trap Family Guy did, it still wants its framing devices to be the same old scenarios we always see. Girl calls out of work and pretends to be sick but isn't, 'the big meeting' is coming up, 'My boyfriend doesn't surprise me', same old same old but hey now it has birds. They even pull the same out of nowhere 'oh by the way this really terrible thing happened to me' very special episode, but then we just move on.

I went in wanting to like it because its nice that someone just cuts loose with the animation, you know? It does have that, the animators do have fun, but the same stock characters who feel like we've seen them a thousand times before going through the same motions and the same stock plots that feel so worn out and unneeded in a truly insane world means its not great, it's the kind of show you recommend to that one friend that loves Family Guy or Cleveland Show. Its the level of 'whacky but not so unique someone might think its something new or original' that's safe enough to follow in the Mcfarlane Universe. But for me? Kinda a letdown. I have bojack and I have Family Guy, if you were going to use those baselines at least try to take the best from them instead of the worst.

The sexual harassment was handled better than any show I've seen and the abstract stuff seemed a really good choice in showing the characters' emotions.

There's no "all men are evil" or a big bad 1 dimensional villain for the victim/hero to stand up to and have their revenge. It's just life, and most people in life are good, but struggle with their own demons.

Dirk came across as genuinely thinking what he did was just joking and the very typical HR meeting about it was true to life and just as useless. But once he was called out on it he spent the rest of his appearances working hard to change himself.

big_hairy_stallion69 is best boy.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but does it have a bunch of boobs/butt/vagina jokes?

I really want to watch this show if only for the cute characters but I can't stand gross out humor or excessive swearing.

Swearing IN GENERAL is fine. It's just when people are swearing every two seconds because the writers are tickled to be working on an adult show.

>anything absurdist is family guy
It was like she was looking at human garbage

Attached: ssss-gridman-02-large-06.jpg (853x480, 54K)

Tuca is a sexual being and you WILL watch her gleefully pour three entire bottles of crab shampoo that read DO NOT MIX into her vagoo

It's to Bojack what Late Season Family Guy is to golden age simpsons.

One focuses more on characters, unique scenarios and dialog jokes that aide in the more grounded visual jokes in the background, the other decides 'fuck it', uses sitcom setups that have always been there placed in a world that looks somewhat similar but is bent and twisted, so occasionally a balloon float might come alive and start wrecking shit or something. Or we'll suddenly cut to a puppet recreation of something that happened(Which happened in Family Guy) or we'll suddenly throw in a super serious thing for an episode but intercut it with whacky and crazy shenanigans(Like the abuse episode) or something like that. The scenarios are just there for crazy shit to happen, they don't build into the story, instead of the story building a scenario where the main character builds the worst car ever.

Loved the animation, but the humor and drama isn't really for me I guess.

>Absurd worldbreaking or otherwise meaningless events that happen in the middle mundane sitcom scenarios coupled with stock characters and motivations
>But its TOTALLY NOT LIKE FAMILY GUY, GOSH!

I'm sure someone will believe you, eventually.

I wanna fuck that goose with the floppy neck.
And the hippie mouse.

>It's to Bojack what Late Season Family Guy is to golden age simpsons.
What the fuck are you even talking about? It's nothing like any of those shows. Are those literally your only comedy references?

It's completely off-the-wall, if it spent any less time caring about framing it'd be airplane-style gag-a-second. Comparing it to family guy is like comparing Darkplace to How I Met Your Mother, it's asinine

>the hippie mouse
Excellent taste

Not sure that's something I wanna watch...
Maybe I'll just stick to just drawing them.

>hey if I completely reduce a show to just the elements I want to highlight I can look like a dumb cunt
Good work bro you nailed it

Attached: 1554855989047.png (900x720, 657K)

>not mentioning the flamingo
pleb

Attached: 1557015469309.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

>But once he was called out on it he spent the rest of his appearances working hard to change himself.
Yeah, I think that's the stuff more reactionary viewers seem to have missed. The feminist group in the show focused on that kind of juvenile behavior, just as you would see in real life, but the true threat was a power-tripping boss who had no respect for other people and abused his power through underhanded tactics against his competition.

The show challenges viewers to reassess definitions and priorities.

The humor is insufferable as fuck and the main characters are grating, which is a shame because I need new stuff to watch.

Stop being a bitch and watch the first episode. If the occasional tits or mention of sex is too much the close window button is right there.

>Feels like spongebob with themes of sexual abuse.
Why did it even need that cancerous shit in the first place.

>What the fuck are you even talking about?

Comparing a more grounded but obviously still out there and unrealistic work that builds comedy off unusual scenarios, strength of character and making use of the unrealistic world to frame the jokes and "Fuck it, X has a meeting or some shit so we're going to use that to have what the fuck ever happen in the episode."

Totally doesn't describe bojack and this show, respectively. I know.

>It's completely off-the-wall

Oh yeah completely, you know, like someone going to the olympics and getting kidnapped by North Korea or something.

Comparing either of those to How I Met Your Mother is the part where its obvious you fell flat though. Come the fuck on, you couldn't at least say American Dad or something? HIMYM doesn't have any of the elements both Family Guy and T&B hinge on for most of their jokes, random meaningless events for a visual gag wrapped around stock scenarios.

I didn't get it either

>couldnt you at least say american dad
Ironically, AD is far closer to Tuca and Bertie than anything you've mentioned.

Watch something not produced by Seth McFarlane you fucking clown

>Hey maybe if I try to actually counter this with something people will believe me
>Wait shit

I appreciate the enthusiasm user.
It's just I don't really watch a lot of "adult shows" because I prefer to watch comfy and wholesome stuff.
Loud and overly aggressive shows harsh my mood.
Though I might go ahead and give it a watch so I can at least say I tried.

theyre both about birds that twerk in a bakery and then drop the baked goods out of the sky as deliveries

I was surprised how well it handled Dirk and his sexual harassment. I was expecting a feminist power trip that would end with him being cast into hell or dead or something but it looks like he actually got the chance to develop a little.

Pastry Pete's arc was more disappointing. That ending felt more like the feminist power trip I was originally expecting for Dirk.
>this town needs another bakery like I need a giant hawk to shit in my mouth.
He just needed a talking-to but instead they flip out on him and he conveniently turns into an irredeemable super predator when he grabs Bertie in front of Tuca's camera. Dirk's situation was surprisingly nuanced but it's a shame Pete's story (and Bertie's apparent arousal at his >hands-on approach to teaching) didn't go anywhere more interesting than turning him into a generic baddie that quickly and literally gets shat on.

Attached: IMG_4048.jpg (379x519, 43K)

Nigger learn what a sitcom is

>Watch something not produced by Seth McFarlane you fucking clown

I did, Tuca and Bertie. Was hoping it wouldn't be more Seth Mcfarlane shit, but even the people defending it aren't denying its the same setup and type of humor as Family Guy. Shit, even your argument is its more like American Dad, another Seth Mcfarlane Cartoon. I know "I didn't say it was just that it was more like it!", I know, but come the fuck on.

Admitting you're being retarded doesn't make you less retarded

>No you see its okay because its an animated sitcom, like Fa-NOT like Family Guy OR Bojack!

We get it, it's Family Guy:Lavern and Shirly

Women being held accountable for their actions no matter the excuse is what the world needs. It's what feminism needs.

>when Bertie goes 'BERTIE and Tuca!' during their strut down the street
This theme song GO HARD: youtube.com/watch?v=PkKb7N91Qpw

Attached: yo pass the aux cord.jpg (1123x1347, 171K)

I didn't watch the trailer - just saw screen shots and crap and honestly I wasn't really prepared for how... frantic the show feels. I tapped out after 10 minutes - I might try it again when I'm more in the mood for it. Animation was pretty nice though.

>but even the people defending it aren't denying its the same setup and type of humor as Family Guy.

I kinda hate it has the same issue where the characters just feel like they reset at the end of the episode. Sure, they'll SAY they've learned their lesson and are going to improve, but Bertie just kept making the same mistakes over and over and over and every time she said she gets it now. I guess it worked in Bojack for like two seasons because that's the cycle of depression. But hey, animated sitcom, you've got to accept that we're not here for the character development, or even the characters, just the crazy shit they get up to.

Sad but knew they were going to go full ham when they let Dirk off softly because honestly the type of people that watch these shows really love those scenarios. Its not really the creators fault, they have to know their audience, so even if they do put in the more nuanced one they kind of have to have the revenge fantasy, it would be like a show with a school bully episode without any payoff. It's just not done unless you're really adventurous and unique. Even so lets just all get on our knees and thank god these people aren't the same writing the new Twilight Zone. It could be worse. It could be so much worse.

Pete's situation is more realistic though. The problem is women put it on a gender line. Young men get shitted on and abused by their bosses like this all the time. Old dudes with power are just fucked. If they weren't so conditioned against homosexuality, I have no doubt in my mind they'd be fucking us too.

The show asked for compassion and understanding, but did not demand forgiveness. I appreciated this maturity.

People with friends text eachother.

Are you a certified retard by any chance?

that's where the splash zone is retard

It kinda reminds me of Two Broke Girls

>He waited like 30 minutes and then tried again.

Figure out a followup after your vision quest there?
>Nuh uh not me I'm different!

I forget what sparked the final confrontation. Did Bertie announce that she was going to start her own bakery? I think Pete offered her a position at a new store he was making to expand his business then the flip-out occurred.

Seems pretty scummy to accept a mentor's training then turn around and become their competition after they've taught you everything. I got the impression Bertie wasn't going to distance her own store from Pete's market. Pete quickly assured the viewer that he deserved to have some competition stomp all over him I guess but it kinda feels like Bertie drew first blood, unless the assault she masterbated to later counts.

Too much wacky not enough funny.

Honestly I kind of wish there was a better comparison to T&B than Family Guy because its not as bad as that show, it does care about its characters a little more and tries to at least develop them somewhat, but SM completely cornered the market on this type of humor and avoiding it is why Bojack stood out-well that and all the depression. I can't even say Rick and Morty because that show tries to be smart and do completely new scenarios, this one doesn't. There's some actual passion in the animation besides FG's stock poses they use for every single shot and its not as worn out. But in the end their humor is nearly identical, just with female leads instead of the nuclear family. That and everyone doesn't make you want to murder the entire cast.

I'm just saying it has bojack like drama but is very much a wacky cartoon first.
If you like one, you'll most likely enjoy the other.

Those jokes are definitely present, but I mostly didn’t find them too grating, and usually excessive body humor makes me a tad uncomfortable.

I was surprised that a source of drama turned out to be Tuca’s ovarian cyst, or whatever it was called, and the show took a sudden turn from “haha, vaginas, amiright? watch me shoot two whole tubes of coochie cream!” to “the body can be a genuinely scary thing and maintaining proper health of your reproductive organs is no laughing matter.” I didn’t expect that to be a part of their “girl problems” points, but it fit very well.

>Seems pretty scummy to accept a mentor's training then turn around and become their competition after they've taught you everything.

I appreciate that Pete straight out called her out on this.

I've gotta disagree with that, anyone looking for Bojack-like characters or humor or pretty much anything like that show outside of animal heads on human bodies will walk away disappointed, this show has much less focus on its characters, its humor has much less to do with character and more to do with visual stuff happening on screen at a frantic pace, and just for the sake of it most times.

If you like Bojack's grounded look into character and strong development, you're not going to find that here.

Spongebob maybe? It isn't perfect because Spongebob's world is pure its own thing while this one is our world, but animals in certain areas make things different. Fits the whole repeating motion better.

Like mentioned, its likely the artstyle being so similar to Bojack will hurt it in the long run because that show made such perfect use of the look and feel for its show that its hard to divorce it.

It's like drawing a hard hitting drama in the style of The Simpsons, that look just is so attached to something else it doesn't seem right.

Most of the comedy is very much hit or miss and it seems to be trying a little too hard to be funny with the "lolz so randum we be feminists now ;3" bits. I have tried watching the entire season twice, but it's hard not to cringe my way through most episodes.

Attached: image22.jpg (687x676, 37K)

>thank god these people aren't the same writing the new Twilight Zone.

What’s wrong with the Twilight Zone?

Forgot to mention it's not awful, just feels a little try hardy. I hope they get renewed for a second season and the writing gets refined.

Go read the synopsis, just that, of the New Twilight Zone episodes. If you don't see the issue, you're the singular type of person that show was made for, and nobody else.

No you're not.

It's Bojack but instead of having good characters, you'll get Todd x10 in his worst season.

Attached: 136549C9-16A4-4794-BA43-163E7C11486E.jpg (417x503, 72K)

Not him but I watched the first two episodes of the new twilight zone and they were both way too flimsy on premise and commentary.

>Aggretsuko

that shit is boring as hell, mac is insufferable, Haida should be protagonist

>family guy is now so old that retarded kids think it started sitcoms
Guys Tuca and Bertie is just wackier flintstones lmao

The monkey deli guy in particular reminded me very strongly of Todd.

>wackier flintstones
That’s exactly what Family Guy is. Plus, it’s easy to use FG as a jumping-off point since it [sadly] had a major hand in defining modern American adult cartoons.

Flintstones was still kid-friendly though? It doesn't have the same lowbrow adult humor Family Guy and Tuca and Bernie have. Flintstones didn't have the same over the top non-impacting events either, you'd never see a character in Flintstones do something like suddenly vomit snakes.

Flinstones wasn't 'adult' or dumb enough to fit.

Imagine having a taste this incredibly unrefined

I sincerely hope you are very young

Unlike us T&B watchers, we only ask for the finest vaginal cream jokes!

When we see a puppet joke of a bird shitting in a bush, we ask for quality damn it, unlike those plebians!

Can we put a pin on this Family Guy discussion for just one second so I can ask a question?

Are there any good waifus? BoJack had a few.

>not even understanding english
Watch more shows so your understanding of them goes beyond "durr sitcom"

one

Ah yes, only those who have tasted the full swath of televisions finest offerings could understand the brilliance of "I wish my man would surprise me!" or "I'm worried about leaving my boring career!" they would understand these are not the mere trappings of the sitcom, where only by coincidence they are featured, but the gateway to a more refined pallet who tastes the unique flavors on each of these seemingly bland storylines!

Hmmm, yes, tastes like bullshit.

I think the assault did count but they didn't really handle it well, at first it seemed like it was just an overly aggressive hands of training thing but then later he pulls the exact same thing with the exact same scenario with someone else so it became clear that the whole thing was bullshit and he doing it to feel up girls.

We don't really get to see bertie come to realise this though, it just seems like one minute shes into it and then suddenly she knows its wrong.

Watson is fictional.

Attached: YOU BASTARD.gif (480x345, 3.46M)

When you're done beating on that strawman do try to seriously defend "all sitcom am same"

And Einstein was a thief.

Attached: 3AA.gif (307x202, 1.87M)

um, ACTUALLY, Einstein was a young man when he published his major works.

Please joke more seriously.

Attached: Einstein_patentoffice.jpg (666x870, 112K)

Her whole time with him was questionable. After confronting her past she went in to quit, and he interrupted her with the offer for her own bakery. Her idea was to go into the industry with her own passion, and with none of his questionable tactics. It's actually capitalism put to its best use.

Any good screen grabs of Hairy_Stallion69 or whatever his name was?

>t. Speckle
Joel. His name was Joel.

Joel...yes...him. Any good pics of him?

I never skip the intro.

based

Too bad she's not business school material

Anyone got Speckle pics?

Attached: it alright.png (687x653, 316K)

got u covered

Attached: 1557243824526.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Attached: ineverwill.jpg (1074x3000, 432K)

If there is something in particular you want screen grabbed just ask I will make it for ya.

>gr8 pl8

that's what I said

Who cares?

It’s alright but pretty basic. I kind of enjoy since it isn’t “waaahhhh life sucks” like Bojak ie.

>It's better than Dishitchantment
That’s not hard.

>Feels like spongebob with themes of sexual abuse.
Like regular sponge bob and Ed Edd b eddy?

Imagine being given creative freedom, having the ability to make an animated Life in Hell and shitting out that abomination instead...

>Bean is a princess who burps and a proud slut
>Not even feminists like the show
>Matt groening thought princess bean would become a feminist icon
Even incels rather watch honest sluts than a princesses trying to pass as a slut. What’s princess bean character besides alcoholism is funny/farting and having sex?

For me, it's the two rhino DJ ladies

Attached: Billy pondering.png (598x628, 383K)

I have no idea what they were going for with bean. Philip J fry was relatable because he was a loyal friend and likable loser. You can’t make a princess a likable loser.

They're both shows about women in their 30's and the struggles they face with their careers and relationships (both platonic and romantic). I think that Retsuko isn't overly geared towards one sex or the other, whereas it seems Tuca and Bertie is very clearly aimed at females.

I liked both shows, but I think I prefer Aggressive Retsuko.

Attached: angry retsuko.gif (636x353, 229K)

Retsuko's 25

Looks like an ornithological version of pic related

Attached: My Vagina the show.png (710x434, 397K)

>Haida should be the protagonist
I love how women use incel as an insult when Haida has a bigger female fan base than Retsuko. Pretty hypocritical. Not only Haida puts Retsuko happiness over his. He also a canon virgin with only female friends. Haida was so loyal. It hurting him. He like a relatable virgin loser without being a beta cuck over it.

Attached: 8C2A9D48-8CC2-4C0D-96E1-16235C196541.jpg (1024x731, 112K)

They should've made her an overly optimistic, do-goody princess who's juxtaposed with a grimy, depressing medieval setting. That would not only give us a protagonist different from what most adult cartoons have, but it would also make Luci feel more affecting as a bad influence.

Attached: I've wanted a sex scene with Kemper since 21JumpSt.jpg (1798x1212, 306K)

Unlike what feminists and /r9k/ have you believe. A lot girls find male Virgin cute if they are in good shape and done it out of loyalty or trying to find the right girl. You see male virgins being popular in manga aim at cake women.
Aggretsuko probably the only Netflix anime that doesn’t feel cheap or rewritten with politics that don’t make sense with japan. Like how Netflix shoehorn a pro gun control rap song in devilman cry baby. A show set in japan.

Aggressive Retsuko is much deeper thematically about error and self-improvement.

>Like how Netflix shoehorn a pro gun control rap song in devilman cry baby.
I beg your pardon.

It's a show for women, so there's way more husbandos.

The writing is very amateurish. The plot jumps around too much, giving too much of a shift in what's supposed to be important (Bertie's all about getting ahead in her magazine job and then immediately ignores it to become a baker.) Most of the episodes are very tired tropes that other shows have long since done better (our relationship is routine, I'm a party girl who wants to act normal for a guy I'm into, commitment scares the hell out of me, etc.) And the two big shocking unique moments simply happen and then are never touched on again.

What happens to Bertie is very hamfisted and totally glossed over in favor of a perfectly packaged ending where everything is ok and the main characters are awesome. It's a sign of wanting a goofy show about the exaggerated lives of quirky characters, but feeling like you HAVE to have some kind of big dramatic dark theme under the surface. It ends up being very shallow when you don't have the bravery to fully explore it and take the risks necessary.

As for the humor .... I found myself chuckling mostly at things that weren't Tuca & Bertie. The background visuals are awesome, and the side characters (Speckle for sure,) are played off very well.

Overall, it's a pretty skippable show, but worth leaving it on in the background or if you want something easy to watch that's more familiar than clever.

Then why the hell is she complaining? Stuck up bitch.

Those girls got uglier with age.

Agreed, it wasn't bad, it was disappointing. I wouldn't directly compare it to Family Guy, but the scenarios are definitely nothing new or special.

My mistake.
Haida is best boy. Hopefully he realizes Fenneko is his real future wife and soul mate.

Attached: tfw retsuko won't go out with you.webm (1920x1080, 712K)

9/10 intro, 6/10 show.

This feels like one of those things that's legitimately more "for" women rather than something """for women.""" Not terrible, but I can't get invested.

Retsuko is pretty fat for a Japanese girl. She also suffered from Constipation from a bad diet. Haida probably the second most fit male in the show.

One of the things I appreciated about Retsuko is how the "big bad boss" is just the result of being treated like shit by his bosses when he was in Retsuko's positions. That extra bit of character development really goes a long way.

>Fenneko is his real future wife and soul mate.
Fenneko clearly loves Haida. But she the kind of girl that will try to peg a guy. Haida don’t deserve to be peg. If anything Haida should have a treesome with fenneko and Retsuko at least once.

In Japan, 25 is the proverbial age after which it is difficult for a woman to get married, hence the term "Christmas cake" (no one wants one after 25).

Nigga, males and females both tend toward the middle of the bell, that's why there is a fucking bell, it's the fucking average.

But thicc girls are becoming popular in anime and manga. Pretty sure Retsuko could still Land a chubby chaser.

Moreover he thinks this is appropriate; he's definitely part of the archetypal Japanese "work your balls off" culture.

I was more impressed with how the same masculine chauvinism that leads him to complain that he doesn't like women in the office is also why he respects the fair result of his "challenge" with Retusko and declines to take revenge against her as her boss.

Yes but statistically, females are smarter than the average male (with fewer outliers), and males are dumber than the average female but have more outliers.

Is Retsuko fat or just a little chibi character?

It was pretty shit yeah. There's this tendency to make an otherwise sensible character into a total asshole just to make it clear who the villain is, and it has all the nuance of a sloppy fart.

Pete's a hardass and passionate and has a commanding presence that Bertie doesn't get from, say, Speckle, and then suddenly he's a vindictive creep smirking at Bertie as she watches him do his roux routine on another girl for no real reason. Not to mention Bertie schlicked herself to it and only then decided it was wrong because she got shamed into not calling him out by said other girl.

It reminds me of an episode of Broad City. Backstory: Abbi has been crushing on her hot neighbor for years, and they finally hook up. Through a miscommunication, hot guy thinks Abbi is into pegging as much as he is, and although she finds it weird, she pegs him. Next day she puts his expensive dildo in the dishwasher and ruins it, but buys a new one. The new one is a cheap knock off, and although Abbi tells him to get over it and actually implies that he should be grateful she even did his weird fetish in the first place (this is a girl who has an Oprah tramp stamp by the way,) hot guy suddenly turns into a complete dick, calling her stupid and berating her until she leaves.

Again, it feels like a really cheap way to create a clear villain when the hero has been fucking up and acting shitty to that point.

half right, men are slightly smarter on average but do have more outliers.

Fair enough, but I'm yet to check on how true that is as well.

Retsuko has childbearing hips. That rare for women in anime.

>Retsuko is pretty fat

Attached: retsuko angery.png (906x1070, 505K)

Scenes like this just boil my blood over how shitty Bertie treated Speckle.

she is smaller than most other women so petit bodied.

That's Americanized women for ya'. They don;t know what they have until they lose it then want it back as if nothing ever happened. The broken house scene pretty much covers that.

It’s shit.

It's better than the worst of Bojack, but not nearly as good as the best of Bojack. I would say the first episode of Tuca and Bertie is probably the worst.

>FG
>had a major hand in defining modern American adult cartoons.
It's literally a slightly less family friendly version of the Simpsons.
It did absolutely nothing any series hadn't done before except for the heavy use of flashback cutaways for comedy which hasn't been particularly emulated by anyone else.
So please don't say such dumb shit. FG may be recognizable but it's hardly a landmark or a pioneer in anything

It's hard to say in universe because there's a bunch of different animals in the show, so what the average weight for females is remains unknown. It's made even harder to discern because Japanese "chubby" and American "chubby" are two very different things. What Americans call chubby, Nips would call fat. Tsunoda says Retsuko has "...cute arms like a baby", so if Retsuko is above the average weight, it's likely not more than literally a few pounds.

Attached: retsuko's hopes and dreams.png (1250x1333, 220K)

>correct coloration
Finally. More artists should look at a photograph of the animal they're drawing a cartoon version of beforehand.

No wonder their population is in a tailspin. Refusing to take in immigrant babies is one thing, but that's just cultural waste there. Especially considering the correlation between wealth and later age couplings.

Given how common ape, hippo, and hog women are I don't think weight is even a concern for most of the population

>No wonder their population is in a tailspin.
Pretty much every developed country's fertility is below or barely at replacement rate. The only places where population is still exploding are the shithole countries like literally all of Africa and Middle East

I’m a little surprised that Aggretsuko implied Retsuko isn’t a Virgin a virgin like Haida. That’s rare for an anime. Than again Retsuko probably isn’t the type of girl who proud to be a slut ether.

Started off slow but I loved it. I just want Speckle to win at life.

There's a difference between 0.98 and 0.9 and I'm pretty sure I implicitly communicated that well already.

>I’m a little surprised that Aggretsuko implied Retsuko isn’t a Virgin a virgin like Haida.
When did that happen?

Attached: b3bbb127-44c7-4854-ad62-cc3d1b7ccd39.png (829x789, 402K)

>Haida don’t deserve to be peg.

He comes from a species where the females have psudo-penises. Pegging would be totally natural to him.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x300, 499K)

>dude in the middle is gay

I really liked how he said that he was too drunk to remember what happened at the party when Retsuko was having a meltdown over having to face him the morning after but a few episodes later he says the exact same words she said to him, hinting that he did in fact remember, yet it's not really acknowlodged by neither character. It's small things like that that make the characters seem more human.

We're shown Fenneko and Haida hunched over, groaning, with extra lines drawn on their faces to indicate worn, tired faces, along with complaints of not being able to remember the previous night.

Then we're shown Ton standing upright and speaking and acting normally. His claim that he's also too hungover to remember the part is absurd by comparison with the previous two characters. It's a transparent lie that's not intended to be believed; a way to positively communicate to Retsuko that he won't hold his "defeat" against her as her boss.

The girl in the first episode that randomly gets a character introduction but that says "rich interior" "not part of the show" "You'll never see her again"

The show looks nicer than Bojack, I'll give it that.

Christmas had a cute scene where he helps her out because she's too short
Kinda of sad when you realize Fenneko spent Christmas with Haidi, only for him to ditch her

its SHIT
>lolsurandum
>Unnatractive anthros
>Stiff animation
>bad jokes
Line whoever works on this up against the wall, i have bullets for them all

Attached: neverseenagain.jpg (1655x923, 157K)

Thanks
>Tfw we never saw her again

Attached: speckle.jpg (1667x930, 175K)

Attached: thismakesthelittlebeakthebigbeak.jpg (1665x942, 153K)

I'll be up and drunk a little longer if there is a screen cap or series of scenes they want like
let me know soon before drinking turns into sleeping.

>I got a boner over a goddamn fucking plant
What the fuck is wrong with me.

Objectheads are the best

Nothing at all.

Attached: 1549997463839.jpg (1440x2560, 392K)

Please, a high-quality screencap of Bertie and Dakota’s fat, juicy asses up in the air during their baking montage (Episode 8) would be great!

The shorts. Blame the shorts. I literally checked Tuca's ass on first seconds on first chapter. What the fuck those cheeks.

Attached: tumblr_pqzumal3vI1rvlxxwo1_500.jpg (500x281, 53K)

>plant
>object head
>shorts
>tanlines
They have intel on me and are trying to make my dick explode on a seismic scale

NOOOO, I DON'T WANNA FAP TO A FUCKING MARIHUANA PLANT.

Attached: tumblr_pqn8os8eVy1rnzva0o5_500.gif (500x231, 892K)

It took some work to get it to stop on the millisecond that is the best frame, but here you go senpai.

Attached: scoopit.jpg (1574x880, 161K)

>and she's fucking tall
I'm calling the police
Post more

PANTSU !

Neat! Thanks!

Attached: tumblr_pqzumal3vI1rvlxxwo4_500.png (500x279, 179K)

Goodbye, Yea Forums. I love you.

Attached: 5ca6514a1f000058017f1587.jpg (720x405, 97K)

Attached: tumblr_pr2533fpRm1qcpw29o1_500.gif (500x281, 1.13M)

Attached: tumblr_pr2533fpRm1qcpw29o2_500.gif (500x281, 857K)

Excellent season one. Not without its rough spots, but plenty to love about it regardless. Definitely deserves a renewal.

I am pretty sure it is not Marijuana.

Don't ask how I know this, but she is a dracena house plant.

Attached: victoria-dracena-plant-500x500.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Shes a dracena plant

How do you know that?

I know. Her name itself is enough. It was a joke over the nude painting on her house it "kinda" looks like a marihuana leaf.

I said not to ask asshole!

Attached: sweetpeach.jpg (1917x998, 298K)

I hope they'll introduce a human character who is named Hum.

So... Ncolas is a girl, right ?

The magazine job is a huge problem. In a variety of ways. She doesn't show up to it, and isn't noticed, implying that the position is pointless and ceremonial. Her lack of attendance is celebrated by her boss, showing that she not only doesn't need to do her job, there's no point. She stops doing her actual job (numbers, math! Bad!) and starts doing her dream job (baking! Good!). She also states that she dislikes her non-gendered job, but really likes, actively pursues and excells the one that, notably, hews closer to gender stereotypes. Bertie, at least, belongs in the kitchen. She also has a very... complicated sexuality. (Molested as a kid, but sort of gets off on being manipulated/controlled, wants to follow orders but wants to be a "good girl" for doing so.)
That's if I understand the series so far.
But I guess it's supposed to be an example of how Bertie is suppressing herself up until she deals with being molested as a kid (she suppresses her femininity and adventurousness as a result and ends up in a male dominated career that operates under strict rules), and once she stops, she's free to... run a bakery. Her own resolution has nothing to do with Touca's, who ends up in a very-very-very slightly better position than she started in. Touca had significant hamster wheel development. She understood the same message about... four times in the series. Food service, btw, is fucking awful to work in, even if you are in a niche hipster situation. I imagine overpriced pastry shops are in a better position, but even so, there's a lot of monotony and penny pinching. Bertie doesn't have a major name to herself. I'd be surprised if the next season (assuming) doesn't at least mention that things aren't working out great for her.

I did actually like the series, by the way. It wasn't great, but it was fun.

What was he looking at?

>f-list.net

If Broad City was animated and looked like BoJack Horseman. Hit and miss, I liked it enough.

>women in their 30's and the struggles they face
>struggles
>women
I don’t think I have enough wew’s to wow for that one.

Attached: 8B658C40-55F4-4BB8-8D61-6426467D19A5.jpg (540x405, 37K)

Yes, user, women struggles. Ming blowing, I know.

AAAAAH, that is one PHAT bird!

If this shot alone doesn’t spark a shit-ton of Bertie porn, I don’t know what will!

Attached: 4BC02AFC-6830-4A1F-999E-EA15D8D1A227.jpg (468x676, 39K)

>she deserves own spinoff if she's not the part of the main show

Attached: Sandy Q Piper.png (3508x4961, 528K)

I resent that they just had to do a sexual harassment thing with Pete. He's a top chef, get the fuck over it. But all the other feminist issues were executed acceptably.

In general it was fun and well made, although nothing fundamentally new. It made me want to smoke while topless and with super cut off jorts, so there's a feminist accomplishment for you

What is the icon next to the anal beads?

Also what kind of game/service was this part supposed to represent? I didn't know there were virtual prostitutes who aren't cam girls.

It’s actually good, I hate Tiffany haddish cause she’s a coon who fits the bill for the type of entertainer whites love but the show is so good that I can ignore her involvement

Holy shit is that Frank

I want to bully her and tell her that she is a failure

I’m surprised that more people seem to want to fuck Bertie and not Tuca.

In a sense I kinda wanted bertie camp issues were foreshadowed maybe it was if I was speed watching but come on you have pastries just Bertie being uncomfortable with jelly/peanut butter pastries or just annoyed would had been great

Learn punctuation.

Didn't Cath that. But that seem like something that would happen in an episode.
"Charlie I found this game, where these guys just give me money! Look I gave myself a huge rack!'

>incel
How long until the mods filter this buzzword like they did with soiboi

Attached: ACCD5DE0-FCB3-4428-9899-47E96CE1E384.jpg (800x450, 82K)

I thought the show was alright. The feminism jokes and themes weren't too bad, at least in context, but I'm a bit surprised and a little annoyed at what they did with the Pastry Pete character. I thought he was just going to be Bertie's big masculine, kinda handsy crush that wasn't actually a villain that they made him out to be.

Also the "big reveal" in episode 9 was pretty good since it was hinted at through the episodes before. I'm also glad that they didn't make the focus of the whole show up to and after that point, and I'm also surprised how they depicted the sexual abuse that is sort of internalized as a fetish thing, which was really interesting instead of it just being "muh PTSD" gloom and darkness.

My main problems with the show were how Tuca received very little development when compared to Bertie, who feels much more like the "main character". Secondly I also didn't like how Bertie treated Speckle but I think it's a bit overstated in these threads.

Final bit on this wall of text; I described some of this show to my friend and he basically called it a "female power fantasy" in a way and I laughed. That's kind of a perfect descriptor. It's definitely a "woman" show but if you like animation I think it's pretty good. It's way fucking then Bojack, that's for sure.

Attached: fuck off speckle.png (1280x720, 622K)

>"Pro-life politicians are your modern day slave owners. White, male, own our bodies, care nothing for us, and can't help but love to f*** us over."

I don't think this show is for me guys.

>sexual harassment thing with Pete
I'm one ep. 7, but I think it's more to show Bertie sexual desire for him, and his take charge attitude. Considering she ran to the bathroom to finger herself.

But I agree, he's the head chef and takes his job serious. Bertie came to him, and asked him not even willing to leave her job and he still makes it work.

>Tuca’s aunt makes fun of her for not having big tits
>Tuca counters that she has a big ass instead
>Tuca’s aunt doesn’t seem to think a fat ass is desirable
>Tuca makes an online avatar with huge tits and no ass at all, just legs that attach directly to the boobs

Huh. Didn’t notice this before.

have sex

Attached: 345452478.png (141x189, 45K)

When did they say that in the show?

Obvious troll should be obvious to you by now.

Wow, that's a lot of terrible opinions crammed into a single post.

>tfw you will never slam Bertie's ass while Speckle watches and becomes your good little cuck

Second Life and VR Chat. Yes, they exist. Yes, they are all likely poorly adjusted and hideous on the other side of the wire.

I just took it as him handling alcohol better to be honest. I've known lots of people that don't suffer any problems the day after a binge but that still can't remember the night before.

>It made me want to smoke while topless and with super cut off jorts, so there's a feminist accomplishment for you.
Geez, you call some banal consumption and taking off your shirt an accomplishment? Get fucking real. I could do that any Saturday. Learn some taste.

Attached: FullSizeR1_01.jpg (451x450, 37K)

It's two lips kissing.

Well, yes, exactly, he can handle his booze better and so isn't hungover and didn't lose his memory of the previous night and is lying when he claims to have.

You don't have to drink til you can't see straight to have a blackout session.

That's only one subspecies, user

I think it's more of the social situation of it. How Tuca does it so freely, and they show Bertie wanting to join in but imnedaitely decides not to.

As a guy I think it's harder to relate to that. But I will say when, I jog sometimes I see guys jog shirtless and I couldn't do that.

My absolute biggest issue with the show is that they kept calling Pastry Pete a chef. He's a baker. Two different professions.

Yes. Haida's subspecies.

Isn't Baker for bread. Pastries maker get to be called Chefs, don't they ?

That scene is not "oh Ton doesn't remember how lucky for Retsuko" it's "Ton isn't all bad after all". It doesn't make much sense any other way. It's also why Ton respects Retsuko enough to give her advice/chide her in the last episode instead of just ignoring her.

Pastry chefs are a thing

anime “thicc” is just drawing characters with actual meat on their bones instead of the stick-thin shit the japs have been doing for years

>is that Frank
yes, it's a shoop with frank's avatar from charlie rules the world.

No, thank you.

I think you haven't watched far enough.

In retrospect her being turned on by the "harassment" (where he just touches her shoulders and makes her look into a pot?) is because of her past trauma, which kinda ruins it.

It was better when she just had a crush on a strong man and needed to deal with it to stay professional. There's nothing wrong with that storyline. It is rather feminist brainwashy because it implies that only a guy like Speckle is healthy to be attracted to. Not that Speckle is a bad guy or a pussy or anything, but he is safe as a bowl of pudding.

btw I think it's storylines like this that make erotica where the girl gets raped by a Pete-like character, or worse, so exciting for women. Santized Spooky Scary Skeleton fantasies live side by side with Fifty Shades fantasies and obviously there is something unhealthy about that.

Maybe it symbolizes the female struggle between wanting to be objectified, wanting to be an equal, and also being browbeat into wanting to be objectified.

If Bojack is 10/10 this is 7.5-8/10. Worth watching but it doesn't hit its stride to the point that you're lost on it. I like that it talked about Bojack style things but for women, like fear of rape and sexual harrasement.

This is her style. Bojack borrowed it, but the creator was making cartoons like this for her entire life. If you have any notion of wanting to support real creatives, this is her using her standard style for her own major project.

At least Bertie has slightly more of a spine than aggretsuko, but honestly I did make the comparison.

Why did you compare them?

Japanese and American work culture is different. When Retsuko gave that komodo dragon bitch just a little bit of snark it was EXTREMELY rude by the standards of the culture. See the shocked reaction shot from Haida and Fenneko, characters who like Retsuko and want good things to happen to her. Even they aren't pleased when she mouths off to a superior, no matter how bitchy that superior is.

>If you have any notion of wanting to support real creatives
Only if it's good.

What makes you think Haida is a virgin?
He just has an unreciprocated crush.

Also, Incel is a term used by angry virgins to describe themselves, which has become an insult because being an angry virgin is pathetic. Normal virgins are not Incels.

I can't believe Yea Forums unironically enjoys this shit. Episode 1 was a lot different from what I was expecting and was actually fun. Episode 2 completely shit the bed and was exactly what I expected from the show. The descriptions for the rest of the episodes sound like the same cringeworthy shit. I would have rather have given She-Ra a chance, at least it's doesn't seem like it's centered around sex positive feminism.

So you watched until you hit a bad episode, then stopped and went on Yea Forums to shit on people who like the show?

Is this Yea Forums?

Attached: FB032353-99E9-4CDF-9A56-D7AACA3247C4.jpg (1024x1010, 154K)

Why'd you hate episode 2? I can guess, but feel free to explain yourself

This thread was what convinced me to give it a shot, saying it wasn't at all like the trailer. I had absolutely no intention of watching it until I saw this thread and the positive replies. I already knew I wouldn't like it going in but was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. I hadn't read any of the descriptions for the episodes that came after it, so I completely lost interest once I watched episode 2 and looked at what's coming after.
You can have your show, but don't pretend it's not Yea Forumsmblr garbage. Obviously all western cartoons have been completely dominated by left wing wank so you can assume Yea Forums has a tolerance for it, but I didn't think anyone here would praise a show that includes a fucking girl power hip hop song accompanying a montage of handing out sexual harassment flyers.

Attached: Tuca & Bertie S01E02 - The Promotion.mkv_snapshot_21.04.325.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

You must be new.

2016 and the massive amount of people on the same philosophical bandwidth was an aberration in Yea Forums history. Traditionally, its been a mix of everyone from all over the political spectrum all irritating each other and coming together for the base pleasures of lust, fandom litigation, and laughter.

Yea Forums is traditionally politically contrarian. It disagrees with everyone and laughs about the difference.

Most would watch the show for the jokes that are good, to source new memes, and new western animated boobs.

Attached: 68A26E7E-F957-448F-B92B-F231BE7C7EFA.jpg (1214x403, 88K)

I absolutely rolled my eyes at the description for episode 2 mentioning "sexual harassment in the workplace" but I stuck with it because episode 1 was really good. I thought episode 2 was also good and handled it pretty well. I was expecting some "hurrr all men are evil" tripe but Bertie comes to the realization that she wasn't being held back because of sexism, it was her own fault she hadn't been promoted. They also develop Dirk in further episodes rather than leaving him as some cartoony stereotype, and they use Bertie being harassed to make jokes like her tit leaving her body, rather than being super serious and dramatic about it. Its the exact opposite of how tumblr treats these issues.

Speckle is a good character and I would be his friend

>new western animated boobs
Eh, it's pretty weaksauce compared to anime.

this. Dirk is a stereotype/feminist strawman (at least for that episode) and the flyer thing was cringe but the same episode has Bertie realize that sexism wasn't the reason she wasn't getting noticed for the promotion. There's also HR being a vapid useless cunt getting moist at the mention of Dirk's harassment and the annoying cell phone chick in the toilet. It was more nuanced than the girrrrrrl power fantasy you seemed to think it was.

Doesn’t take long to see them all, and few aside from Plastic Little and Another Lady are worth seeing more than once.

Plus, its almost a fetish to see them western.

>I'd be surprised if the next season (assuming) doesn't at least mention that things aren't working out great for her.
I think that's what they're setting up. Starting a bakery and maintaining interest in a city that already has a world famous baker that's blacklisting you should be a Herculean task that Bertie can't just jump into. I wouldn't be surprised if it drives a wedge into her relationship with Speckle, which is already struggling from her lack of communication. The general theme of this show seems to be a lot more upbeat than Bojack, so it's unlikely going to go down a darker path but I'm curious to see where it goes

>Doesn’t take long to see them all
Negro they make a shitton every year. Most of it isn't worth watching but there'll be some.

Censored isn’t worth the time or protein.

I don't see how it's more nuanced than a feminist strawman and a girl power fantasy because you had one line going against the grain which was logically inconsistent with the previous events of the episode which clearly showed her being a victim of sexism. Dirk's sexual harassment scene made absolutely no sense. I could understand if he was commenting on Tuca because she could be seen in-universe as advertising her body, but the shy woman wearing a sweater isn't going to get a sexual comment from a dude bro who has absolutely no interest in her. I could even process the overreaction by the characters because it was so far removed from reality. It would have made much more sense to make sexual harassment involving a timid woman come from an awkward neckbeard who sees himself having a shot with her.

The scene with Tuca screaming that there hasn't been a woman who talked at the meeting in 3 minutes was the most idiotic thing i've ever seen. If someone did that in real life, the room would be dead silent and gender relations in the office would be permanently damaged. No man would ever want to even associate with a woman who had ideas like that again, let alone praise her.

The scene about someone stealing credit from you was also done in a completely retarded way. All they needed to do was make her manager take the credit for an idea they discussed together or even have a friendly conversation about their ideas beforehand. Instead you've got this retarded oppression bullshit about a dude bro looking at her notes. The HR lady was nothing but strawman, not even in an over the top satirical way, but a literal laundry list of generic feminist oppression fantasy. You can tell the people who wrote this bunk have never had a single struggle in their life because they have to make up a completely unbelievable scenario.

Just seems like jokes about a world where everyone is a manchild/womanchild.

You might be trying to see it more seriously than intended. Looking for a moral message from the writer in what’s supposed to be a laugh at a character’s cringeworthy behavior.

Can user just keep watching, and we can discuss the series as a whole?

>The scene with Tuca screaming that there hasn't been a woman who talked at the meeting in 3 minutes
Are you serious about this shit?

Attached: 1235986851399.png (126x174, 26K)

Well I'm at work. I'm going to try and finish when I get home, I got three left.

They just lost their boob stipend that you have to pay for with your own hard earned tax money and blood obviously.

Have sex.

>Tuca implied to be a bit of a slut
>Doesn't even reward BigHairyStallion69/Joel with sex after taking her to the hospital

I kind of hope they bring him back as her boyfriend, as unlikely as that may be.

Attached: brain.jpg (1716x965, 1.38M)

>Seems pretty scummy to accept a mentor's training then turn around and become their competition after they've taught you everything.

I get what you're saying, but that's pretty much how it goes, especially in a goods business. To avoid direct competition she could have started her business in the next town over, or Pete could have been less slimey about it all by not doing the EXACT same thing to new girl or tried to smooth it over by not trying to intimidate her. If he had said he was trained the same way or something like that it probably would've been fine.

As Sir Richard Branson said
>Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough, so they don't want to.

To be fair, joel kinda just wanted to cuddle after his break up.

he looked really happy to be the little spoon

literally a sponge bob joke

oh fuck thats hot. Wait is it F-word to be attracted to these characters?

Daaaamn

I don't give a shit about the show BUT I must know:
Is there porn?

No. But it has a better chance than Bojack because the majority of the cast is female, and also thicc. If a meme artist does a picture, it'll probably get some flavor of the month art. Otherwise it'll sink back into obscurity.

If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. Or pay someone to do it for you

Birds aren't popular among furries.

I'd take any more Joel you can throw up. Please.

B-but... oviposition. They don't even need to legit preggers to lay eggs. How is this not hot? Friggin' gaybos.

That is a huge lie and shows you don't know furs very well. There's a strong bird community and looooooots of birdy porn.

Furry art is dominated by mammalian stuff. Birds are literally a minority within a minority.

Give me a bit and I'll grab some more for ya bud. Is there anything in particular you wanted?

Attached: joel.jpg (1663x929, 151K)

Everything is a minority within a minority in furry art. Outside of pokeporn and ponies, there's no such thing as "mainstream furry art." The closest thing to it, the "definitive" furry style that's some cross between Disney's Robin Hood and egyption deities makes up maybe 30% of furry art at most. And everything else is some other minority.

Did she even have sex one time in the show? Even at the yoga retreat turned orgy, she was just walking around admiring her handiwork.

It's just more posturing fantasy where you act like a hardcore party girl flashing your tits in everyone's face, but you ain't really DTF. Don't get me wrong, you ain't gotta F if you don't wanna F, but as Chris Rock said, don't wear the slut's uniform, recite the slut's credo, perform the slut's playbook, and then get mad people think you play for the Sluts.

No she never really screws anyone in the show. It just nods to it in the flash back scenes in the deli.

Attached: guruspeckle.jpg (1655x926, 145K)

I liked tuca because she's a recovering alcoholic who is trying her best to change for the better. And I'm excited and sad for when her eventual relapse happens in what i assume will happen in season 2

I think this show is more of an anti-bojack. Characters are flawed in this one, but they seem to grow past their flaws and have a better overall outlook then when they started instead of falling back into their flaws and turning into a giant pity party.

Attached: fuuuuu.png (1496x941, 1.31M)

Context is everything here. Bertie had a crush on Pete, so when he did his weird moves on her, she didn't think he was doing any weird moves.

>, it just seems like one minute shes into it and then suddenly she knows its wrong.

That's basically what happened. He did the same thing to the naive new girl who wasn't already attracted to him, and it suddenly became VERY obvious that he's engaging in manipulative and predatory behavior. What really pisses Bertie off is the fact that she didn't even notice it when it happened to her. You also have to put it into the context of what happened at the lake, where she trusted an older man and got raped.

>implying haida isn't already the protagonist.

Nope.

The show takes an interesting path with Tuca. She doesn't have any character development. Her character is already very pretty far developed, and we mostly just get to see references to development that already took place. Her character arc is almost entirely in the past tense.

Let's come up with the total cliche and predictable plots that season 2 will have, shall we?

>Tuca and Bertie open the bakery and discover there's more to it than just baking good stuff, Bertie resents Tuca's laziness and Tuca resents Bertie controlling everything.
>Speckle babysits a relative and the issue of babies comes up, which totally freaks Bertie out even though she's really awesome with the kid, leading to an open ended awkwardness where Speckle wants kids and Bertie's not sure.
>Tuca's deadbeat father comes back into her life and she shuns him until he convinces her to let him in, and things are great for a while until he does something heinous to show what a piece of shit he really is.
>Tuca falls off the wagon leading to an emotional scene where Bertie holds onto her as she collapses and cries after a drunken rant.
>Bertie actually cheats on Speckle for real, even just a kiss, and resolves not to tell him until she caves and does so, leading to a cliffhanger where he moves out and into the fixer upper.

Honestly I saw Pete's ending more as a...parody - yet realistic nod - of the extremes big named people will go to knock out competition. I didn't see Bertie being blacklisted because she was a women. I saw it has a competitor trying to snuff out competition because her skills legit rivaled his. Even with the video Tuca recorded of him saying "I made you and I can end you", I didn't think of it in a way of a man telling a woman she owes everything to him. I saw it as a "mentor" trying to scare off a talented mentoree. It was only when Bertie got that one women-empowerment group involved that it felt more like a feminist move than something more personal based on skill.

Overall, I thought this show would be preachy and more "yasss queen" but it actually does a good job at balancing things out. It's a very realistic representation of women with rough pasts (ie: sexual abuse) trying to figure out if they're really that damaged or if they just need confidence to fight through things. I liked the show way more than I thought it would and just like Bojack, it took till episode 4 to sink me in.

Attached: 1555967221603.jpg (640x640, 84K)

The rape story did feel a bit contrived and I felt it cheapened the other SHARP incidents a bit.

I think the whole blacklisting and video thing was more to show the solidarity of the feminist group and how they're there to help their members through all kinds of stuff, not just gender issues.