How did such a talentless hack manage to get so far in the industry?

How did such a talentless hack manage to get so far in the industry?

Attached: IMG_0862.jpg (455x305, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2012/09/14/swipe-file-rob-liefeld-marv-wolfman-and-george-perez/
peterdavid.net/2010/08/20/giving-credit-where-credit-is-due/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rob is a good guy and gets way too much hate.

he works hard and takes the hate

Sounds like someone is jealous.

Why did you post that pic? It makes Rob look based, which goes against your premise.

>still seething over based liefeld

Attached: 1413401091133.gif (330x319, 945K)

Virgin Todd (who bought a set of balls instead of a sword) Chad Rob

This industry has so many hacks that singling out Liefeld just proves you're a major brainlet who can't form an opinion to save his life

Attached: 1379742404301.png (1016x1567, 1.92M)

Rob can't draw but hes chill and meets deadlines.

i thought he gained a rep for being late as an image founder? did he recover from that and i wasn't aware of it?

it's easy to meet deadlines when you put minimal effort in your drawings

This, the comics industry if filled with immature hacks, both writers and pencillers.

The problem with Liefeld is not him being a hack, but that he was actually considered a superstar in the 90s, to the point that every artist tried to mimic his style at some point.

Same thing with Jim Lee.

His art is energetic despite its sloppiness.

>but that he was actually considered a superstar in the 90s, to the point that every artist tried to mimic his style at some point
True but that was in 90s. People who still shit on him are idiots.

So no one is going to point out that Liefeld says Arnold will become US President, despite the fact that non-native born Americans aren't eligible for the presidency? Ok.

He tapped into the zeitgeist of 90s edge

My issue with his art is that he couldn't draw faces for shit

So?

The Avengers movies have absolutely atrocious scripts, acting, cinematography, fx, even continuity, and it doesn't stop them from being considered influential cultural milestones and make insane money

He's obviously aware of that since he says "once he fixes all the rules", meaning the rules saying non-native born Americans can't be president. And it was clearly a joke, autist.

Never got the hate , I've seen worse comic art than his.

I don't hate the guy, but I do consider him to be a plagiarist. There's enough evidence of him copying or mimicking page layouts and poses done by other artists, it doesn't matter to me if he's a nice guy or he technically makes his deadlines. That's not right.

This is the first time I've heard of this. Was this proven?

That’s endemic in comics. that’s is why nobody talks about swipe anymore. Don Rosa openly admits to it, for example.
And then there’s pic related.

Attached: D0A9B484-0424-40F0-B715-441038F14CCD.jpg (850x400, 64K)

>"works hard"
>can't consistently meet deadlines for love or money
Sure thing, Satan.

luck, hard work, and friends

>Pic
Based and conanpilled

Do you really want a country where spics and chunks are allowed to just come here and be president? Maybe then Obama could've been a legitimate president lol.
Despite what soiboys want American presidents should be american

Someone once described Liefeld’s skills as “high school level”. And I don’t get the issue with that

For kids growing in the 90’s, I think everyone had that kid that drew edgy shit and everyone was amazed at how good he was, while in retrospect, he probably drew like Liefeld. Liefeld was lucky to get his fame around that time

Liefeld gets too much hate when Jim Lee was a clone of him back in the day, Lee at least got better with age

When Jim Lee started working in Alpha Flight in 1987, Liefeld was a nobody. In 1988, when he started to make waves with PWJ, Liefeld was still a nobody. When Liefeld struck it big in New Mutants, Lee was already doing the Acts of Vengeance arc in Uncanny X-Men, well in his way to become a star. So, when exactly did Lee become a "Liefeld clone" ?

Attached: giphy.gif (500x228, 712K)

He was in the right at the right time and knew the right people.

bleedingcool.com/2012/09/14/swipe-file-rob-liefeld-marv-wolfman-and-george-perez/

why isnt Schwarzenegger president?

He didn't even bother to change the kind of gun here but some other examples:

peterdavid.net/2010/08/20/giving-credit-where-credit-is-due/

There is some master image of all the times he's stolen from other artists but I can't find it from a GIS anymore.

Attached: vxnrK.jpg (550x406, 101K)

An "intresting" artstyle, was the rebel of the comic scene in the ninties, genreally seems like a fun guy to be around, i mean he's a shitty person but still

that or Comicsgate has a time machine.

Well to be honest, this kinda stuff is problem in this industry.

I've never really considerd him a plagiarist, I mean sure Bedrock and other things but honestly. if i think of rip off artist i think Greg Land

So what the fuck do you guys think should be done? Liefeld going to jail?

eh arnold was kind of liberal

He acted REALLY obnoxious back in the day until he was pruned from Image for owing people a lot of money.

>How did such a talentless hack manage to get so far in an industry of talentless hacks?

>He acted REALLY obnoxious back in the day until he was pruned from Image for owing people a lot of money.

i heard it was because of embezzlement

The way I've heard it described is that he borrowed from the Image coffers to do projects but never paid them back or delivered the goods. Like being shitty with a kickstarter.

>I don't hate the guy, but I do consider him to be a plagiarist. There's enough evidence of him copying or mimicking page layouts and poses done by other artists, it doesn't matter to me if he's a nice guy or he technically makes his deadlines. That's not right.

Reality check: A LOT of artists swipe. Yeah, we know what school taught you about plagarism and you should definitely try not to lift outright, but if you really, really study comics and comic strips and even art outside of comics, you'll definitely get to see how that comes up often.

I used to be on the "Liefeld is bad because he swipes" bandwagon up until I actually started researching this stuff.

>even art outside of comics
Tracing gets you a career in fashion design. Everyone does it.

To repeat, it was a joke. He just thinks Conan is awesome and it would in theory be amusing to have him rule the free world. Don't overthink it.

Land's problem is tracing reference photos (lazily chosen ones at that), not the work of other artists, for the most part.

Apparently people like him and he has done a lot for the industry. No matter what you say about his art you can't deny his impact.

>hey rob in this issue the x-men travel through the great forests of pacific northwest
>"cool...but how about they travel through an empty mall instead"
hey rob is pretty based

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

everyone who hates on Liefeld is a Linkara fag and that's the most cringy thing I could ever imagine

when he stopped aping Frank Miller

Good question, since there is apparently no reason just about anyone can become president so long as they have fair skin and a penis.