True Heroism

You may not like it Yea Forums but this is what peak hero looks like.

Attached: 6499311-endeavor.jpg (704x704, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Nxo_xiaqg
youtube.com/watch?v=XLW28UMHfxM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didnt he abuse his kid and wife? So he is the Hank Pym of MHA

>So he is the Hank Pym of MHA
Dude had a full on psychotic breakdown. Literally wasn't in his right mind. The whole hitting his wife thing wasn't even suppose to be portrayed as intentional. Hank flailed his arms in frustration which Jane was unlucky to be too close for. That's how it was intended and suppose to be drawn. Hell Hank didn't even know he hit Jane because of how out of his mind he was.

As for this fire dude, if I remember correctly, guy is a straight up dick fully aware of his actions.

Aztek, fuck yeah!

Man it suck how that comic ruined botb of them

It ruined them because there wasn't much else interesting to work with in comparison, emo-ing over Ultron wore thin.

So obvious bait thread but I'm genuinely curious about the disconnect between western and eastern takes on heroes.

Capeshit has plummeted in quality but the best of it still exemplifies heroism and just people being good people. And while it's not like that's not also true in eastern media, their idea of what a character can come back from and what heroism is, is fucking baffling.

I get it. Dr. Doom and Magneto should have been executed by now. But I don't think they've ever done something as human like evil as what this character was shown to do. Which is a weird concept but in a world of superheroes large scale acts of supervillainy is far easier to come back from.

Aside from that there's the way that altruism and heroism is almost a competition? Is it a social thing I'm missing about Japan or a trope that they just couldn't avoid doing?

That's not All Might nor Captain Celebrity.

>emo-ing over Ultron wore thin.
Him being Mentally unstable would have been enough for an interesting character development. Readers and writers making it about domestic abuse, though interesting, pretty much doomed the character for years to come. So many times did they try to "redeem him" (even though it was never about abuse), and it has always seem to fall flat cause people still think about the slap and how much of a dick WAS back then.

Face/Reputation vs Responsibility

Eastern Heroes don't need to apologize for things that they don't admit ever happened.

Endeavor doesn't think he did anything wrong, and it all stayed behind closed doors, a private family matter.

They'll deny it happened, if it's proven it happened, they'll try to minimize it, then if that doesn't work they'll just point out how other bad stuff was done by other people.

Example: Rape of Nanjing

Mangas have endings
Superhero Western comics don't

See, for how much of a dick Endeavor is, his crimes can be accounted for in the court of law and he will likely oblige due to his morals, as fucked up as they may be at this point. Western supervillains often cross even the thickest of lines a quadrillion times and we always have to be pussies about it because they are often the only interesting thing the heroes face off.

The other thing people never get is that when japan labels someone a "hero" they mean it as a very general term. The character can be heroic with morals like say Saitama as much of a parody as he is, a Super-hero like the Super Sentai and Kotetsu Kaburagi from Tiger&Bunny who are folk with superpowers and very strong morals and a great sense of what is right or wrong in a worldwide scale and usually don't kill or never kill(several Sentai teams explicityly capture all the villains and monsters like the Metal heroes).

And then there's what japan calls "Dark Heroes" which isn't exactly anti-heroes. An anti-hero lacks conventional heroic traits but a Dark Hero in Japan isn't someone who lacks them, it's someone who is burden with a curse and having to do something very anti-heroic to achieve a very heroic goal. Examples can be found in Kamen Rider quite, the various Makai Knights in GARO, KARAS and Ruy Hayabusha. All of them have various if not all the heroic qualities needed and if they don't they get them by the end of their series(hero lacks courage, goes through a journey, earns it etc) to a point were these heroic traits can even become a form of bushido for them but despite that, they are forced to do things that are reprehensible and they have to live with it. Ryu for example has to kill countless ninjas, cult members and even family(Murai and in 3's case, the little girl's Father after a request and her uncle). A great speech about it was in Kamen Rider Decade with Riderman scolding the main character, Tsukasa about what it means to be a Kamen Rider.

you've never seen a superhero comic get cancelled before?

Oh your going to act like an idiot on purpose, thank you for letting me know so I don't waste my time

Except he does. You would know that if you've been keeping up with the manga at all. He's probably going to die seeking his redemption too.

>gets proven wrong
>gets mad
go back to reading your dragon ball sequel.

>Mangas have endings
SO WHEN THE FUCK IS ONE PIECE STOPPING

20 more years
we gotta cry to black bears death

Not him but it's obvious he meant that manga can have more long term repurcussions for the world and the characters because it's a story that's going to eventually end while cape shit is a never ending story that's going to keep on going. Yeah comics get "canceled" but it's not a defenititve ending for the character or the world since another writer can come and undo whatever the previous writer did. Only a select few characters in Western chapeshit have an ending that remains untouched

Has he admitted his crimes and turned himself in to the police?

Or does he believe he's above the law?

I like crazy heroes with a good sense of irony. For example if a criminal has been convicted of mass rape, the said hero will chop off their penis and balls and keep it as a memorabilia for their psychotic obsessions. The villain can’t rape now for sure.

>Mangas have endings
>Superhero Western comics don't
- Not all mangas end
- Not all superhero comics are based in the Marvel/DC Universe. Many creator owned superhero comic tend to end on its own or be cancelled much like most shonen manga.

No one gives a shit about your indie comics/manga we're talking about the mainstream shit

Which protagonist did this? I feel like you’re referencing someone but I don’t know who.

>Many creator owned superhero comic tend to end on its own or be cancelled much like most shonen manga.
Shhhh they don't know that. Let them think in their bubbles.

Not him but Robocop shot off that rapist's dick in the first movie

No one specified dick wad. So the guy's point still stands.

And nothing of value would be lost. He was a piece of shit then and he's a piece of shit now.
Hell if the Todoroki Dabi theory is correct he was such a piece of shit he turned one of his own kids into a hero murdering villain.

Except it doesn't, it's obvious that this shit is about the mainstream shit that repersents the medium not your "select few" bullshit. That's like saying Niggers aren't criminals because "will smith is a nigger and he's not a criminal"

If only comic book artists weren't absolute shit at their job

Almight is real hero. Almight vs Namu fight = awesomeness

That’s not Saitama

Attached: 29083EC2-BF14-4A81-A043-40F73C7D07E7.jpg (876x496, 75K)

>Weebs: Never touch a comic book in their lives
>Japan: Does the most basic capeshit stuff that was old news in the Silver Age already
>Weebs: BASED JAPAN TEACHING THE WEST HOW IT'S DONE
Every time.

Whats the point in these West vs East threads? Also why don't they get banned?

Bait and lackluster moderation respectively.

>Every time.
Currently, They do the superhero cartoon better. All the marvel animated stuff is shit and Young Justice is meh

That's just because the animation industry is in the toilet, I'm talking in general storytelling terms.

Ah yes teen titans go the pinnacle of cape cartoons
Harley Quinn is undeniably superior to all manga superheroes, who could argue that?

Attached: 2018%2F08%2F17%2F97%2F5ed29ec6c37e4ea78fd030aa6cb0e1be.a8ebc.png%2F1200x630.png (1200x630, 543K)

This. His retardation and simplicity works in his favor as he remains free from moral conundrums or Parker guilt. He does what he can and doesn't beat himself too much over not doing it perfectly (the kind of mentality that leads to a civil war parts 1 and 2 or an ultron or whatever.

>They'll deny it happened, if it's proven it happened, they'll try to minimize it, then if that doesn't work they'll just point out how other bad stuff was done by other people.
Conservatives are very eastern-minded then

>And while it's not like that's not also true in eastern media, their idea of what a character can come back from and what heroism is, is fucking baffling.

There must be something in the water over there. I'm reading the Journey to the West right now and uhhh... the morality on display is questionable. The Jade Emperor is a straight-up psycho tyrant who sentences people to eternities of torture for accidentally breaking a cup, and the buddhist equivalent of the virgin mary is going around recruiting mass-murdering monsters who are completely unapologetic and only go along with her because she claims she'll get them into heaven. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be satire or not, but since it was written by a medieval Chinaman who would definitely be tortured to death for making fun of the emperor or any emperor proxy-figure it probably isn't.

In his defense, Japan would be absolutely fucked if he turned himself in right now. Crime already went up when All Might retired, if they lose the new #1 hero in less than a year people are going to die.

Kamen Rider is the true Japanese hero. Also sentai, is there anything more heroic than GoGoV`s roll call?

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Nxo_xiaqg

Maybe Kamen Rider Stronger's..
youtube.com/watch?v=XLW28UMHfxM

Attached: E5jU029[1].jpg (306x417, 32K)

based

based (2)

Are marital rape or emotional child abuse/neglect considered crimes in Japan? I mean this is some of their most popular family-friendly entertainment and it's going far out of its way to glorify a marital rapist and child abuser. It's really very strange. Isn't this supposed to be about a shy nerd becoming a hero or something?

Japan has no right to brag about justice after what happened with Junko

What happened?

>I mean this is some of their most popular family-friendly entertainment and it's going far out of its way to glorify a marital rapist and child abuser.

Are you stupid? Endeavor's been a morally dubious character from the very beginning, a literal eugenicist and shit father to boot. He's far far away from being glorified. Read before posting.

Shit like that happens every day everywhere. You can't thank "progressive" dipshits for pushing the "teenagers are the same as toddlers and can't be punished for horrific crimes against humanity" bullshit.

Honestly i think that there are interesting things to be explored in a never ending universe, the potencial for storytelling they have is pretty huge, but most writers are to lazy to explore it. Also i miss interesting huge character changes like what swamp thing went through in the Moore run, changes like that really help in the long run.

Above the law it is, then.

Maybe you should catch up with the fucking manga, you fucking retard. Endeavor had a "redemption arc" and he's a "real hero" now. Wtf do you think the OP is talking about? Do you always go through life like this, having no clue what the fuck is going on while lashing out at those who do?

>Are marital rape or emotional child abuse/neglect considered crimes in Japan?

Only when committed by non-Japanese.

Look up Junko Furata

How does trying to redeem yourself glorify terrible past behaviour? Him trying to be a better person suddenly means all he did before is nice?

>Him trying to be a better person suddenly means all he did before is nice?

What punishment has he suffered for his misdeeds?
Difficulty - Him merely admitting he did something that might possibly, maybe have been wrong is not 'punishment'.

Not being punished != glorifying past deeds. Where did the fucking manga say "Hey Endeavor, it's such a nice thing that you did, abusing your children, keep it up!"