The MCU is now Earth 616

youtu.be/ufaSjfhFPwA

I have more than a few problems with this

Attached: download (23).jpg (276x183, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ufaSjfhFPwA
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-199999
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I have more than a few problems with this
Why?

So exactly where in the trailer does it state MCU earth is 616. Whats that? No where? OP is just a fag trying to angry over nothing?

youtu.be/ufaSjfhFPwA

How about you click the link before being a little faggot?

616(2)

It implies that the MCU isn't actually a cinematic universe, but it's actually an adaptation. Not within the same multiverse as the rest of the Marvel multiverse

Or it could just be Mysterio talking shit.

>What about the multiverse Mysterio!

>It was all a lie Peter... And you fell for it

or something on these lines

[spoilers] then there will be an actual multiverse and thats how mutants will be introduced

I like the score playing here. Very whimsical, giving Beck's revelations the mysterious aura it deserves

Honestly in a multiverse scenario a person claiming to have transversed these could name their own universe whatever they want, ergo in people's minds there could be more than one named 616, maybe 616 is what he calls the prime universe, maybe he's lying, or maybe

Literally means nothing anyway, also it's just a way of showing that it's all bullshit

How are the Earth numbers decided anyway? What if two Earths claimed 616 before they met each other? Who keeps track of this shit?

exactly, it's not a big deal

>How are the Earth numbers decided anyway? What if two Earths claimed 616 before they met each other? Who keeps track of this shit?

The multiverse is overseen by the people from Otherworld (Merlyn, Roma, Saturnyne), who also created the Captain Britain Corps to protect it.

The numbers are assigned by the Dimensional Development Court

He also claims to be from earth 833.

I know that's probably just an easter egg, since the movie is set in England and in the comics that's the home of Spider-UK, but I would love to see the Captain Britain Corps in the MCU

Yeah but not in the MCU

Well it was assumed it was in the MCU too, since before this clip we assumed the MCU was part of the same multiverse as the comics. Now we know that's not true and it's a different continuity entirely

I’m okay with this. If it as part of the multiverse then it would have been impacted by multiverse-spanning events, like having been destroyed by Incursions and then rebuilt by Reed.

>we assumed
It was actually stated in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe that the MCU was part of the multiverse as earth 199999

I know that only autists care about that,but the fact is, it was "official" until now

Enough with the fucking mutant introduction. We have been doing this shit since Age of Ultron.

Good fucking job causing as much confusion as possible.

Even if they wanted to make the MCU the new 616, which is fucking stupid but that's beside the point, the new Spiderverse movie (which came out less than a year ago) also revealed that one of the Peters is from 616.
I know audiences aren't retarded, but if you are going to tell moviegoers that both Peter's are from 616, it's inevitable that someone is going to say "wait a minute, where is the other Peter? This is the same universe, right?" It's just fucking sloppy.

Would it have killed them to rewrite the line as 606, or 716, or 615, etc. What is with this obsession of all of these universes needing to be the same as the mainline comics?

Into the spider verse did it too. It's just a number, user.

That just makes it worse

My biggest grievance with Tom Holland as Spider-man is that they have to whip his mask off at a moment's notice so that he gets his acting creds.

>moment he shows up in Endgame and the mask immediately comes off

Attached: 1542318687025.png (384x390, 153K)

>Not remembering MCU is Earth 199999
Get on my shameful level, faggots

Attached: Um, excuse me sweeties.png (999x371, 163K)

It's just a universe where the people within it believe they are Earth 616 but really aren't

This, it's obvious this is setting up some sort of future arc

No one complained about Spider-Verse Peter being from 616.

I’m pretty sure they constantly remove masks because the casual audience doesn’t want to see these expressionless masks talking to each other. It comes off as disjointed and makes it way easier to tell when voice overwork is done. Ruins immersion.

They unmask to show emotion. You’re just so used to comics since panels are just still frames and don’t have to actually emote.

I did.

Either way though that's nowhere near as big of a deal. It was a quick line for a single character. They are now telling us that the entire MCU is 616? Really?

Wasn't it confirmed that it wasn't 616 Peter?

>Either way though that's nowhere near as big of a deal
How? It's the exact same situation, hell, the other Spider-Verse characters also had their comic universe numbers

That's not a valid excuse anymore because they gave Holland the robo eyes to emote, and Deadpool literally proves you can emote while wearing a mask and not break immersion.

Every Spider-Verse Spider used the universe numbers from the comics, 616, 1610, etc.

Ok, and?

Wasn’t that a Watcher thing? You know, before they killed him and cut out his eyes.

Because even if it creates minor continuity errors you can suspend your disbelief for a second to believe that really is 616 Peter or the comic book Penny from one point or a other in their lives.

Making the entire MCU 616 just doesn't make sense. they are completely different universes with different characters and origins.

How about reading the thread before making such a useless post

Except you can't do that for Ultimate Peter or Miles, because it literally cannot be those same characters from the comics.

Ultimate Peter and miles are never stated to be from the ultimate comic universe though

Yes they are.

Attached: 1553881546642.png (867x360, 518K)

>durr mysterio said it so it must be true

Well shit. I guess I DO have a problem with Spiderverse

Is that wrestling superstar CaZ XL?

None of the posts explain why it's a problem.

I don't know if people are genuinely retarded or if they're baiting when talking about Mysterio.

20 fucking seconds in.

yeah, except back then it was people hoping beyond hope that fox and disney could put their shitflinging to one side like sony did with spider man, and it was hopeless

now disney actually fucking owns fox and can use the characters however they see fit

>The MCU is now Earth 616

Makes sense. "Earth 616" was the designation for the "primary Marvel universe". For a long time, that was the comics. But now hundreds of millions of people watch the MCU movies while less than 100k people buy the comics each month. The Marvel comics probably have less than 1 million readers total. The MCU has HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of viewers.

The MCU is now the primary Marvel universe, not the comics. It deserves the 616 designation.

This is bad bait.

Plus like said, Marvel had already assigned Earth-199999 as the reality the MCU is set in.

Both Tobey and Garfield did this. It's a problem with all capeshit that features masked heroes

Hey dipshit. Spiderverse was 616 too

Every "main" universe is 616

>Would it have killed them to rewrite the line as 606, or 716, or 615, etc.
Should've made it 666, just to see how much the fundies would freak out.

Wait, so that wasn't supposed to be comic spidey in the film?

If you're fucking retarded

Who gives a shit, Earth 616 shit changes like every 10 years, wasn't it 615 during X-Man? Then after secret wars it changed again. The people arguing about how it's gonna confuse audiences and make them angry don't realize that most people aren't gonna give a shit

Let me get this straight, you guys are freaking out because you're incapable of separating different mediums from each other and insist that everything needs to fit into comic canon?

No, read a fucking book.

Pretty much

Whoever wrote this thought this would just be a nod to the comic fans and nothing more.

You say that as if artists are incapable of making the comic book characters emote. Just because you settle for trash standards, doesn't mean everyone else should.

Garfield actually kept his mask on quite a bit in ASM2

Can we all just talk about the fact that Alan Moore has to this day gotten away with designating the Marvel universe with the number of the beast?

Don't act like this is new

Attached: Crazyerik.jpg (2200x907, 509K)

What's this from?

Thor 2

I miss this guy, he was a fun character in the MCU.

I wonder what happened to him, since the last time we've seen him he was working on the Avengers headquarters after Age of Ultron

This 616, is just the 9th version of the multiverse, now shut the fuck up faggots

Attached: 1556800203030.jpg (444x611, 113K)

Techincaly MCU being another multiverse was comfirmed by the fact that it wasn't affected by any multiversal event.
There wasn't incursions with other universes and it wasn't destroyed in 2015, for example.

Isn't time relative though?

Universes could be created after cataclysmic events or destroyed long before they happen

Like, the MCU could be taking place trillions of years before the Secret Wars

Ah, that explains why I never saw it.

Go outside

Unless Mysterio is lying about a multiverse and is just milking the whole situation for fame and power? But to do that he would have to be some master of deception and illusions.

he appeared in a screen as one of the snapped in Endgame, did you miss it?

Don't make arguments that won't hold up after the movie comes out

pretty sure MCU Mysterio's deal is that he did go to Kamar-Taj to study mystic arts, but gave up and learnt only easy stuffs like creating illusions. So after the second snap, he's using social chaos in his favor and pretends to know about multiverse and stuff. So him saying mcu si is earth 616 doesn't mean anything.

They literally say in Thor 2 that their Earth is 616, it's just the number assigned to the main continuity

Will Kevin Feige have to come out an explain this shit?

Attached: k.jpg (641x802, 65K)

>Mysterio calls earth 616, therefore is is officially 616
Hello tiny brain man

Mysterio is Peter Parker from a different earth where he didn't get snapped

>Mouseverse cucked Marvel out of existance
HAHAHAHAH GET FUCKED FAGGOTS

So what's the difference between an alternate timeline as shown by Endgame and an alternate dimension? It seems like the same fucking thing, only at different points in time relative to each other. So the multiverse was introduced already.

Attached: Clown licence Mario picked it up for you. card face.jpg (1200x1179, 137K)

chill out nerd, i never watched the flick

It didn't bother anyone in Spider Verse.

What the fuck is Spider Verse?

The movie

Watch the hulk and bald lady scene again.

I've been saying for years that the movies are not a part of the Marval multiversal canon and now it's finally confirmed.

Protip: If an alternate version doesn't ever crossover with another, they're not a part of the multiverse

>What about the multiverse Mysterio!

>It's real. It's also real that I lied about being part of it.

Alternate dimension is like the Dark Dimension in Doctor Strange. You can't possibly confuse it with alternate timeline. The different earths Mysterio talks about is alternate universe.

Does Mysterio think 16 is the prime age for sex?

Yes.

i wondr if they'll pull skrulls on us again...

or mandarin

>mysterio is actually chameleon
>nick fury is actually mysterio
>chameleon is actually nick fury
>everyone else is a skrull
>peter is a clone
WHAT A TWEEST

Actually, it bothered me a lot.

>MCU hijacks the primary Marvel continuity
FUCK YOU DISNEY YOU CUNTS IM NEVER SEEING ANOTHER ONE.

Uhhh.

I thought the MCU was Earth-199999.

The only reason this is a problem is because at some point they decided to label the mcu as earth 199999 when it rightfully should be a completely separate continuity from the comics

Can you really blame people for not remembering something from Thor 2?

Caring about this kind of shit this much is exactly why comics are such a confusing and annoying fucking medium. Just fucking enjoy the stories, no one gives a single fucking if the MCU or isn't part of the comic book continuity, neither of those are real. We had this discussion when Spider-verse came out, this exact same discussion, it doesn't matter. Just fucking enjoy good stories instead of being such an asinine nerd who hates fun.

Pretty sure the snap and Thanos where evertwhere, but just in the MCU they somehow win.

Stop getting mad when people care about things you don't.

Stop caring about things that literally don't matter. You're being annoying to creators and fans who just want to enjoy fun stories and bogging down the entire medium with needless fact checking.

Continuity is an important part of immersion and consistency in a universe, and arguably one of the more interesting features of comics is how much history they have to draw on.
>just care about the story
I do. I care about how the story treats its predecessors.

Attached: 6b5.png (680x550, 95K)

Because it’s gonna make tagging shit on AO3 fucking confusing.

Because it made sense within the movie. This is just weird.

Epic reddit maymay

I think its just a easter egg for the comic book fans. Also its fucking Mysterio, aside from the multiverse thing, the rest can be total bullshit.

The snap occured in every reality, but not every one of them got the same people snapped. The chance that Peter was among the survivors in some of them is very high

nerds BTFO again!

>616
>Mark of the Best
I always knew Marvel was the Devil's work.

>Yea Forumsmblr makes a fuss about irrelevant shit
Call me surprised.

Attached: 1468560138028.jpg (525x597, 56K)

What the fuck does this autism have to do with tumblr? Acting like something insignificant is a big deal is normal behavior for Yea Forums as much as it is any other website.

What the fuck?
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-199999
I'm really hoping it turns out Mysterio got the number wrong.

I only have one question: Does Mysterio wear his silly helmet in the movie?

>Believing anything that comes out of Mysterio's mouth.

At first i thought it was a simple easter egg, and then I realized the MCU has been their main universe for some time.

The Empty Hand destroyed the real Marvel universe years ago

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARN

have sex

This desusenpai.
833 was destroyed by and the only survivor was Spider-UK
It could be we're dealing with Mysterio being Mysterio.
Or we could be dealing with KARN

Dont remind me.

Just a ploy to get people to read the comics even though comics main verse and MCU main verse has nothing to do in common. But people will see 616 and be fooled.

Wait...what Earth is the comic now?

>Proves point and gets irrationally aggressively defensive
Truly the tumblr of 4channel

>defensive
I just called this thread autistic and insignificant

Mysterio lies.

It's 616 but specifically an alternate 616 where everything is pretty much the same until Spiderverse starts
Things in the MCU have gone so differently than comic 616 it's hardly believable that it's "just 616 again" at this point

You didn't just do that and you know it.

Why not make it 616-B?

I specifically said "this autism", you illiterate pavement ape.

Isn't it just:
>MCU universe is known as E-199999 in the marvel grand scheme of things
>inhabitants of the MCU speculated on the multiverse and refer to theirs as E-616

numbering issues aside, can we talk about the fact that they just stealthily made every non-MCU Marvel film canon?

Spider-Man is the first one involved with the Multiverse, if this data is really true. This could take us to a movie involving Spider-Verse.

Aside of that, this could have other effects:
+ In the MCU, it seems there's no mutants, which means the actors from the X-Men's movies could appear as they came from another reality. Quite interesting, don't you think? Mutants, who spent all their lives hated and hunted by humans, suddenly find a world where they can peaceful lives, because there was never mutants to begin with.

That would be odd. If mutants do the usual fake racism stuff it's harder when they aren't actually from your universe. Oh shit, thanks user. I just realize this would allow them to instead make their schtick racism and intolerance against immigrants. The Friends of Humanity marching on cities so that President Creed will finally be allowed to build the dimensional barrier to keep the mutie scum on their side of the multiversal border.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Mutants find a reality where they never existed in the first place, so humans won't chase them because they don't know about them. After spending the whole lives being hated and hunted, many of them will bless the chance to have normal lifes without worrying about that. Others... they will surely ruin it.

Obvious lie

>Proves point again and again without an ounce of self awareness
And you didn't just say that. There was more to your words than just calling something autistic but I guess forming and understanding your own sentences is a hard thing for you.

You really are just a dumb nigger lmao

>No you

well, this takes place in the SonyMCU, not the actual MCU.

The Sony inclusion into the actual MCU ended after Infinity War/Endgame.

Except it isn't "no you", you mouth-breathing monkey, I already called you out as the retard you are.

>N-No uuuu

I'm glad to see you've jut accepted your juvenile nature, Jamal, takes a big man to own his low IQ like you do.

See

I accept your concession.

Stop arguing with the /pol/ crossboarder he's just here to cause a ruckus

How is it bad bait when it's true? No way comic readers could ever hold a candle to the money the MCU makes.

You're an idiot

What the fuck do you nerds complain abput the MCU being the 616 universe?
These movies are adaptions of a mix of various stories from the 616 and you know it, there was never going to be a crossover between MCU and 616 universe.

How can the MCU possibly be Universe 616? Entire events and characters have occurred completely different in the comics than in the movies.

So I guess is it "MCM" now?

Is it possible he is lying?

It's the movie version of universe 616

a lot of it based off ultimates actually, like nigger fury

Didnt reed erase everyones memories of everything?

I mean, if two people named their native universes 'earth one' who would be able to sort that out if they don't meet? It's completely arbitrary.

Mysterio could be lying about some things but not others.

It's possible that Mutants have been very good, and very lucky, keeping a low profile. It isn't like Tony was the first super powered being. Not even Cap was, really. It could be that nobody has figured out the single gene that links all the mutants, and when people do certain (cough cough) telepaths deal with it afraid if the common link were found they could be tested for, cataloged, rounded up (which is something comic mutants are very familiar with).

Then all they need are two things. First is that the number of mutants has been rising steadily so the masquerade is going to fall eventually and someone, almost certainly Magneto, deciding he doesn't want to wait for the inevitable human betrayal upon discovery and does a first strike, forcing the X-Men to come out (ha!) into the open to stop him.

Why did Peter apologise for being excited for the discovery of infinite alternate universes?

How will Muties be introduced?

Mutants likely aren't gonna be a thing in the main continuity. Fixing the snap, and in doing so changing the very fabric of the MCU universe in a blatantly overt way, was their best shot at slotting them in. They didn't do that and Mysterio's a liar, so I don't know why anyone that knows anything about him is taking him at face value. Characters in-universe get a pass(Not Fury cause he should be able to smell bullshit from half a city away), but Dumbasses on this side of the 4th wall have no excuse.

>fixing the snap
Can't they introduce or explore that in a future movie?

They most likely will. It's just that the change wasn't some massive multiversal impact that fundamentally restructured the way the MCU worked(at least not for Earth). The people that made an epic spanning 10 years most likely understand that barring that, you can't have mutants suddenly appear and still keep the themes and the tone that makes them what they are. There's just too much groundwork and history and societal impacts to establish, and it's waaaay pass that point.

It's either their own universe or bust, at this point.

Death's Head is the only Marvel UK character Brits want to see.

Good. Because the comics haven't been 616 for years now.

>based Feigie dabs on the comic book department again

Easy: different multiverse. Comics are one multiverse, Spider-Verse is another, movies are another.

Thor: the dark world established this.

Selvig had a Blackboard with that on it.

It only causes confusion to you faggots. Your average casual doesnt care and will just think itsa nice nod to the comics which is whats it meant to be. This is just their interpretation of 616, just like Peter B Parker was spiderverses interpretation of 616 Parker.

Its not as complicated as it seems. Turns out mutliverse numbering is just a plot thing and arbitraty.

He was being a little fag

This is chris-chan tier writing

Mysterio is lying you boob. It's Mysterio, deception is his entire gimmick. Come on OP, even you're better than this.

what if Mysterio is half saying the truth and being his usual self?
like he really is from another world but he isn't a hero, i think he killed his worlds Spiderman and him saying to MCU Peter that they need someone like him on his world is a way of taunting him.

>This is just their interpretation of 616, just like Peter B Parker was spiderverses interpretation of 616 Parker.
This, as 616 means literally nothing
It's like how every DC show and cartoon acts like it's from Earth-1.

>Implying this isn't a ruse by Mysterio who is setting all this shit up to be a fake hero.
Sandman and Chameleon are rumored to make an appearance. This is a ruse

He's not wrong

Why does the comic book industry think that a multiverse is a remotely good story telling mechanic instead of one that cheapens the setting severely?

Attached: 1508446818204.jpg (762x785, 193K)

Probably they'll just have been there all along, and nobody noticed since there's already lots of superhumans.

Nobody really remembers the incursions and the MCU would get absolutely destroyed by most alt realities before they could even blink.

What are you talking about is a fucking good concept you faglord.

So what now there are three multiverses now?
>Comics multiverse
>Spider-Verse movie multiverse
>MCU multiverse

Attached: 1537148801812.png (430x390, 240K)

Apparently yes. A Multiverse of Multiverses. The Marvel Omniverse.

normies don't care about that tho, only you and me and other people who do read comics.

exactly, I mean I love comics and comic canon as everyone else. But normies don't care, for people who only watch the movies the MCU is prime earth, hell it' s the only Earth that matters. Everything else is just a supplement and even then most people only wikipedia shit instead of reading the books because "it's hard, I don't know where to start" even if it's easy as shit just to search "Top then best X character story arcs"

616, the MCU is a separate entity which has no ties whatsoever to comic continuity, that's why it wasn't destroyed by incursions

most of it is based on Ultimate tho