My stream group is starting this in a few days, what are your thoughts on it?

My stream group is starting this in a few days, what are your thoughts on it?
I typically think the "modern-period sitcom classic cartoon reboot" thing falls flat but I've mostly heard good things about it

Attached: 1545834629890.jpg (268x268, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aoXZkegdOYo
youtube.com/watch?v=KmB3HERIDoA
youtube.com/watch?v=d78r2zxdNkM
youtu.be/Xi_hcwB8i64
youtu.be/6j_65lYDFYU
youtu.be/puYJ0Ojp5cI
youtube.com/watch?v=WGW_AzayLFI
youtube.com/watch?v=ne-jaMWpKmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It takes a few episodes to settle in but it's actually really good, the characters aren't wacky but they aren't trying to ape the old shorts, they're doing a sitcoms and doing very solid characterizations and they build very good dynamic by season 2.

Even if the more high brow, restrained humor isn't stimulating enough to make you laugh it's still a pleasant show to watch due to the nice animation(the designs work better than you'd think) and the sometimes very adult tones.

It's surprisingly entertaining. I didn't expect to enjoy it but it's legitimately funny a lot of the time.

Really fucking good is what it is.

>stream group
Excuse me?

Gossamer is CUTE

His voice sells the joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=aoXZkegdOYo

Some retry good writing, it’s not Looney Tunes but does a pretty good job despite that with the characters.

What's a Stream Group?

The Looney Tunes Show is great. I wanted to hate it being such a LT fan but it made me laugh so much, it won me over. Hugh Davidson is a great writer, he did Mike Tyson Mysteries too.

I would guess it's a group of "friends" streaming a show and watching it together?

That sounds comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KmB3HERIDoA

Why was Witch Hazel a sassy black woman in this show?

We don't really get comedy series like it these days, do we? I mean, the humor is subdued and sitcom-like but the show has nice looking animation. I feel like the humor we're getting nowadays is either spastic randomness for kids or vulgar edginess for older viewers.
The character interactions were great, like that one time when Bugs helped Yosemite do his stunt against doctor's orders. Good times.

Attached: Tumblr_mrw9b06Ptx1rx7a0lo3_1280.png (1280x720, 598K)

I know it’s unpopular but I really enjoyed the Float episode, Daffy’s parade float getting wrecked in the car wash, the crying, him practically mugging Porky, tricking Porky again, him waking up in the hospital. All good moments

It's because the Looney Tunes Show was script-driven, so you got more clever dialogue, tighter pacing, consistent character development, and while not "deepest lore" or anything, the established continuity and dynamics of the world held together (save for that one early episode that ends with Daffy being turned into a baby, but that was apparently a leftover script from a prototype of the show where it was going to be crazier).

Board-driven shows are all they make now n days and they can't do the sort of things that script-driven cartoons can (but they try and always fail).

>but they try and always fail

The lesson is to never try.

i wish i had friends to watch streams with

What would you watch with them?

Yugioh GX

they probably came up with the idea of her being Gossamer's mom first, and then decided that she should be the funniest kind of mom.

i'd love to watch yugioh with you user

>Why was Witch Hazel a sassy black woman in this show?

June Foray couldn't do Witch Hazel's voice anymore because she was too old to hit the notes, but they didn't want to recast her character since Foray was still in the show playing Granny and they thought it would be disrespectful. So they changed the character's name to Witch Lezah and cast the most polar opposite voice for her they could find (a sassy black woman). It actually worked out really well.

You mean harry Darwin

Attached: doujin face carrie Darwin Tawog.png (759x470, 545K)

Literally, who?

It was a great show, but it ultimately suffered from not being "Toony" enough.

I loved it--but I likened it to a Larry David-esque take on Looney Tunes.

Also LTS Lola is best Lola

Daffy giving the death stare to Lola for trying to steal his guy

It was great, but it is nothing like Looney Tunes at all.

Also LTS Lola is the best Lola. If Bugs is trickster, she is some chaos goddess or something.

>Also LTS Lola is the best Lola.

youtube.com/watch?v=d78r2zxdNkM

terrible idea that was executed really damn well

don't cherrypick medium. voltron was script driven and it drove itself into the wall.

How does that work?

good writing

the lego movie probably sounded like shit on paper. but it was good and the emoji movie was shit even though both were product placement movies.

Pretty good show surprisingly. It has the best Lola.

if you're gonna stream it, find a pirate stream and don't go with boomerang streaming. every episode has a unique take on the "that's all folks!" tagline after the credits but they cut them off in the streaming service. and the superrabbit episode is cropped to 4:3.

user just find someone really into animation somewhere on social media and become friends with them, they'll probably get you in one over time

Lola is absolutely insufferable in this, but they more than made up for her by creating this 10/10 workaholic qt. The show is really great, it's a damn shame it was canceled.

Attached: Tina.jpg (1023x575, 51K)

Did they explain why this show went off the air?

Funny thing with TLTS Lola is that people either love or detest her. Really nuts to find someone who absolutely loves the show but hates Lola in it

I’d rather have no personality Lola from SJ than this Lola. It didn’t seem natural for Bugs and her to be a couple here, I always thought that Bugs would get with someone with as much mental aptitude as him. Which is why I preferred this Lola much more in S1 when Bugs still found her creepy.

I thought Space Jam Lola was peak Lola
I have never been so wrong...

You could say the same thing about Daffy being his best friend. Despite being pretty normal he loves insane people near him he sees.
Lola tamed him through one way. Sincerity is his weakness

Cartoon Network.

It's a bloody outrage, I say.

Attached: 2NRC.gif (175x175, 478K)

Explains everything

A great show! Surprisingly adult oriented. I watch it every day after work to unwind. Would watch with fans of the show.

Attached: Porky-pepperoni-lover.jpg (1920x1080, 882K)

Post best quotes

Daffy Duck:
I'd like to propose a toast to the most important person on this ship. [Ship captain stands] Sit down you glorified bus driver!

>Lola: "Just on a date with a really cute guy. Call me later. [hangs up phone]
>Bugs: "Friend of yours?"
>Lola: "Nope. Wrong number"

Attached: TLTS.S01E02-0998.jpg (1920x1080, 834K)

Attached: 1922518.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Ronald Reagan was right.
--Daffy

>"What's wrong with this country? No one hustles anymore"

Attached: 49201923020.jpg (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Great song or best song from this show?

youtu.be/Xi_hcwB8i64

Daffy The Wizard > I'm a Martian > Skunk Funk > Queso Bandito = Cock of The Walk > Tazmanian Meltdown > We're in Love > Giant Robot Love > Yellow Bird > Grilled Cheese > Blow my Stack > Pizzaarriba = Table for One > Be Polite > Chickenhawk > Chintzy > You Like/ I Like >>>>> President's Day

"Long Eared Drifter"
youtu.be/6j_65lYDFYU

"We Are In Love"
youtu.be/puYJ0Ojp5cI

Are my favourites.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-235608_Video Player.jpg (2220x1080, 668K)

2 competent & emotionally stable rabbits dating isn't as entertaining

This is a good take, Daffy & Lola are batshit but they're batshit in earnest.

This show was good BECAUSE it took a direction completely different from the classics. Same for duck dodgers; since you can't imitate that old glory, why not do something new with it?

>This show was good BECAUSE it took a direction completely different from the classics.
>Loonatics Unleashed

Daffy should have hooked up with Lola. They had fun in the missing gopher plot.

Loves the scene where they tried to sketch one of the gophers and ended up just making him Speedy

A little rough to start but by god is this show comfy. The underlying continuity is extra comfy as well.

Attached: 77E901E4-99D2-452F-8434-5563A082C23D.jpg (556x332, 42K)

>the characters all have a very faint outline shadow to replicate the look of cel layering

You heard him.

It's interesting how this show got a bit of a cult following on here in the last year or so.
The threads were always pretty slow on Yea Forums when it actually aired since most people probably overlooked it back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=WGW_AzayLFI

I thought it was like watching Seinfeld with Looney Tunes characters. I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ne-jaMWpKmw

Didn't like the first few episodes but it grew on me. Bugs hardly ever acts 'in character' though since he's forced into the straight man role playing off Daffy's antics. Porky should have been the straight man of the group but that wouldn't make Bugs the focus character.
Later episodes remember it's about Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck and get into more outlandish plots which really bumped the show up in quality.. then it ended right when the show finally found it's groove.
It's not fair.

>finally found it's groove.

*finally found its groove

Attached: EDE5347B-3524-4658-998F-9390B26BD3AC.jpg (750x750, 304K)

I laughed throughout the most of the show.

I actually liked Lola's craziness in it.

She was surprisingly great