What if the "updated" version of movie Sonic

...Ends up being exactly this? What if it was all for publicity? Do you think they played us like a fiddle again, Yea Forums?

Attached: leakedsonicdesign.png (808x455, 482K)

>played
They can blow money on advertising all they want, I'm not going to see that pile of shit either way.

Now i'm noticing that a lot a lot of the art in the leaked posters don't look nothing like the trailer

you bet your ass we were played, we were their safety net before they put out the actual daring acrobatics. We were their test audience.

That or they're using one design for advertising and one for the actual movie, which is rare but does happen sometimes.

Exactly. People were calling these initial designs abominations - until the trailer came out. Imagine how happy people will be once they reveal the original leak no one remembers as the "revamped" version. Doesn't this remind you of a lot of fan-made redesigns people are praising right now?

Attached: sonicleaked.png (950x534, 608K)

You can't change a bad first impression. There's no conventional wisdom in releasing a bad trailer as a ruse. They would gain nothing.

is this like the "dead or alive is too risque for EVO" thing?

>conceptual artwork looks different from the final product
Well that's a first

Attached: 1552674570690.jpg (640x480, 61K)

I still have no idea why they would want a design that's so far off from every other version of Sonic in existence. Like seriously what was Sega thinking when they saw that design come back and said "Yea, this is fine. We won't immediately break all contracts with Paramount and ghost them for such a horrible excuse for our character"

Attached: Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Movie-7K28-Sonic-Concept.jpg (664x669, 213K)

the current design they have is atrocious but don't pretend that using Sonic's exact design from the games would look good in a real environment

I've been saying this the whole time. The movie is going to be FANTASTIC.

See, the marketing team fucked up. They tried to sell an action movie. It's not an action movie, it's a Sonic movie. And if you're going into any non-game Sonic media not expecting them to take the piss out of themselves and everything related to them, you haven't been paying attention.

It's weird, but the one on the left looks nothing like the one in the trailers. I'd honestly be okay with that design in the movie, the lips are what kill the current design for me

Have you seen it? I've always thought the best way to do a Sonic movie would be something campy and self referential along the lines of the Brady Bunch movies.

Controversy creates interest. They don't care about being faithful to the source material, they just want to get butts in seats on opening day.

>They don't care about being faithful to the source material, they just want to get butts in seats on opening day.
So THAT'S why Solo failed at the box office!

Honest question, do people still care about Sonic? I never hear anything about the franchise outside of Yea Forums anymore

Obligatory for every Sonic thread now.

Attached: 1557169473003.png (1024x886, 669K)

I kind of want to fuck that thing.

i hate shad so much...i fuckin hate him. i had countless faps cuz of that marvellous mother fucker

What makes me sick about this image is it was made in 1 thread for free and its infinitely better and more fuckable than the garbage shat out by Paramount that someone got paid a good salary to make.

Is it just me, or does Sonic look better here than in the trailer?

This still looks like shit.

Not as good as this one

Attached: IMG_2233.png (1024x886, 952K)

Wait, how come this Movie Sonic thread is up but the one I made yesterday got deleted within a minute?

At least his videogame design lets him be much more expressive, and isn’t visually repulsive like the movie version.

People still care about Sonic, the redesign went viral and caused a buttload of controversy everywhere on the internet