Grow up

youtube.com/watch?v=UgInmHHO0m4

Attached: 1557375696909.jpg (1280x705, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0szL2xEKL2Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare#Critical_reputation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick#Reception
youtube.com/watch?v=7MSJtWNane4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kike is a kike to a dead kike and insults a medium he knows nothing of.

>Man on Chinese Cartoon Website Uses Smug Man Who Makes Funny Faces on TV to Tell Others to Grow Up

I unironically agree with him partially

old news, plus he is talking about anons who get upset over stupid shit. He doesnt have a problem with people enjoying movies, just fags who over do it.

Oh boy, this thread again.

>Telling other people to grow up
>Still watching tv

Attached: 1554090006269.gif (268x185, 1.17M)

I unironically think you’re ironically partially wrong for unironically partially agreeing with him while ironically posting on Yea Forums

Based and netpilled

I unironically hope he dies soon.

The irony is he actually appeared in an MCU movie

>Telling other people to grow up
>Still watching tv

Admittedly, his show is very mature. As in, nobody under 70 watches it.

Attached: 1467844579385.gif (500x281, 491K)

Attached: you.png (268x752, 131K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0szL2xEKL2Y

Attached: D26pBjTUcAA4lUL.jpg (1199x630, 286K)

Hard to take being told to geow seriously from a guy that looks like the youngest brother from malcom in the middle and sounds like a catty homosexual talking over an over flowing ash tray

He is not wrong. Capefags are fucking embarrassing honestly. The fact that you can get some kind of ban over social media, and online games for spoiling a movie about capeshit. This is the end of time. Enables manchildren and their manchild culture to an extreme as some sort of untouchable artform.

I watch it, he is the only Democrat that tells safe space people to fuck off.

he is referring to all people not just Cape shit, any one who delves into fantasy too much.

He is still not wrong. Literally, Endgame had the most predictable ending.

what is having a predictable ending have to do with what Bill is saying?
Bill is simply stating that people like you and me do this shit too much and need to grow up.

Whining about a fluff piece 4 months later.

kinda, it was a deleted scene

And that's not wrong, do you seriously do nothing but shitpost here and read comics?

no, but what does that have to do with the predictable ending of endgame?

The fact that faggots get so offended to what some old irrelevant jew says on television proves that fans need to grow up.

no shit I pretty much stated that, we are on the same page here.

You're wrong, but only because Bill Maher doesn't think he's old and irrelevant, and believes what he says is extremely important. It's for that reason alone he is incorrect, what he's saying isn't wrong but because he ties it inexorably to the "I'm smart, listen to me" stance he invalidates himself.

So you thinking that him being smarter than you makes him wrong by him stating he IS smarter than you? Sir, he maybe a pompous prick but that's a dime a dozen here in Yea Forums and that's you included. He isnt wrong in this case at all. He is not right all the time in this case he is. He just takes the kids gloves off.

You're not getting banned for spoiling a movie.
The ban is for being an asshole.

>So you thinking that him being smarter than you makes him wrong by him stating he IS smarter than you?
>All this putting words in user's mouth

>The ban is for being an asshole.
Just like the loose rules of this shithole shit, that is up for interpretation. Spoiling a movie falls under being an asshole you fucking nigger.

I didnt have to, anyone lurking can tell that you hold resentment at being told you are being childish.

What does predictability have to do with being adult?

Being adult is having self control, self reflection, and taking responsibility for your actions.
That's it.

If you have those three things, you're an adult.
You can spend all your free time and spending money on fucking bubble gum wrappers and still be an adult. It doesn't matter.
So long as it's not harmful to you or your neighbors, I don't give a fuck what you like.

Going out of your way to act adult, is the stupidest and most childish mindset you can have.

Attached: 1537760641032.jpg (251x229, 7K)

the banning is based on the rules of the social media. Freedom of speech is fine if you have your own place to speak it but in someone elses payed forum you are gonna be banned.

thank you. Thats what I was getting at but user there didnt realize he was being a dope before it was too late and tried to ignore it.

You'll forgive me for not taking advice from a late night show "comedian" who fucks prostitutes and does cocaine

he's right

Just like shouting "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater isn't malicious, it's just their "interpretation."
Fuck off.
Don't be surprised when you get thrown out.

Attached: 1517116336288.gif (500x281, 2.4M)

besides the late night talk show you just described most of Washington dc

Your point?

Based. Fuck capes. Fuck Superheroes. There's more to comics than fucking transhumans lauding their superiority and moral posturing to the audiences, added in with pointless political messages that only part of the audience agrees with because the writer is a total hack who gets off virtue signaling.

Nigger, no one throws out a theater of screeching idiots when ushers do not exist you fucking morron. The yelling fire in a crowded room does not work anymore as an analogy.

that the level where, what, and who you decide has a valid point is pretty stupid.

Not really. Washington DC makes up a very small percentage of human beings

>not relevant anymore
>people still use the analogy to this day
>he takes it literally

Attached: 1556367397214.gif (480x228, 469K)

and people like you still vote

Attached: 1550301373699.png (668x649, 289K)

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Your standards are pretty stupid considering that if you what you say is true, and it probably is, that Bill's point isnt invalidated because of he is an entertainer while people who run for office have done what Bill has done or worse but isnt honest about it. Basically your ignorance, caused by your moral standard, is pretty much the status quo for people who run for office. It's just frowned upon and they dont admit to it.

I wouldn't take life advice from career politicians either. Doesn't mean I don't think they can't do their jobs

old news senpai it always rustles my jimmies

Attached: le confused black man.gif (220x225, 419K)

And bill is doing his job. it's not really advice, it's an insult for people like yourself, its advice for me because I dont judge people based on what people do on their free time.

>it's an insult for people like yourself
>I dont judge people based on what people do on their free time

Attached: thats pretty funny.jpg (240x320, 29K)

>comics are for kids
hes right, i should give my little niece mister miracle and the dark knight returns and from hell and watchmen. i really the think the scene from mister miracle where his baby is being strangled by the umbilical cord is suitable for kids, same with the scene when scott stabs darkseid in the fucking eye.

fuck bill maher and fuck people who shit on comics out of ignorance and arrogance

>not being kid friendly means it's mature
oh my

This is bait of a supreme caliber

Attached: 1523942608888.jpg (720x942, 57K)

t.indiefag
Don't you have a vag to dilate, xer?

I fucking hate this know it all ass hole. Amazing bait thread op. You deserve these (you)s

Thanks for reminding me you exist again bill

Attached: 1473907602420.png (267x224, 154K)

Attached: 1557381279589.png (1080x1563, 1.17M)

The way he makes all the marvel redditors self destruct makes him based in my book

Attached: 6717011A-A30F-4BE2-B41B-1791A3F615D5.jpg (1125x923, 176K)

Oh this again. I feel as if anything and everything that could be said about this has but if I could give Bill my honest reaction I would tell him to grow up. Stan Lee died, an icon for a medium that he doesn't understand nor cares to but instead of giving an insincere yet polite farewell, he uses Stan's coffin as the soap box to preach his superiority . Telling an entire group of people "to grow up" and thus labeling them as spoiled man children because they enjoy something you can't grasp. Bill take your own advice and grow up.

Based

Attached: 1556748376632.png (500x396, 115K)

Finally, someone puts it into words.

>old news, plus he is talking about anons who get upset over stupid shit.

You mean like OP?

He's right about the cape movies and books being (for the most) poorly written and repetitive. On the other hand, expressing this the day Lee died sounds just like wanting to look clever.

> Being adult is having self control, self reflection, and taking responsibility for your actions.
That's it.
If only real life adults behaved like that...
>Going out of your way to act adult, is the stupidest and most childish mindset you can have.
Agreed.

I agree, OP.

Grow up, people. Stop being so butthurt about people disliking what you like.

Attached: fuck off.jpg (1080x726, 41K)

Ban? People literally want to kill others for spoiling the movie. The good side beats Grimace, imagine assaulting people over knowing that.

I stopped tuning in to 'orange man bad' tv hosts

Capefags are morons thinking you spoiled the ending to The Empire Strikes Back.

Seriously

GROW UP YOU FAGGOTS

You're being an asshole right now so what does that mean?

But as a kid I likes cars, and grown men chasing a variety of balls back and forth in an open field, tits and beer. Is that ok to base my entire life around instead?

COMIC BOOKS BAD
TV GOOD

Game recognising game.

The only thing I don't agree with is when Maher says comics are for kids. That is the perspective of someone who equates comic books with superheroes, which is very common for an American, but Maher could educate himself and figure out that comic books are a medium and other parts of the world have adult-oriented comic books. You don't have to like them, but they are definitely not for kids. And by adult, I don't mean comic books with tits and asses in them either.

well it was more complicated he wrote some post how people were going over board with stanlees death. The guy is by no means likeable at times but he does people to the truth they dont want to hear.

You mean, he says everything better comedians already said before and makes a fool out of himself when he has to think for his own?

if that were the case people wouldnt come on his show. The guy gets everyone even the people who are the exact opposite as him.

Good novels are made of words, without drawings that helpfully show the expressions on characters’ faces. It’s cruel but true: illustrations in novels are for children, or those who have trouble keeping up.

Fuck off, Bill. You're an unfunny hack regurgitating stuff actually funny people like George Carlin and Bill Hicks said.

That's like saying moving pictures are for children or those who have trouble keeping up. Anyone who claimed movies are for kids would be considered retarded. Comic books, paintings, movies and novels are different mediums. There is overlap, but claiming that any of them is for kids is confusing genre with medium.

>Bill Maher bitches about people watching movies to grow up.
>He was in Iron Man 3.
>He directly contributed to this.
>Grown man telling others to grow up while screaming MUH ATHEISM!

Bill's a hack, his show blows, and his comedy sets dont even do numbers now cause every show is "HEY ATHEISM GOOD GOD BAD!"

Photographic images are not art; they're the very opposite. People mistaking film and photography for art forms inevitably causes less people to pay attention to art. Inevitably people will continue to churn out movies because people pay to watch them. This is doesn't have to be a bad thing. But if we make the mistake of believing such a mechanical and entertainment driven means of storytelling to be art art, it makes us neglect real art forms that are harder to consume.

>grow up
have sex.

Now I am Bill?

Oh, ok. You are an actual retard. I'm sorry. Move along.

hes talking about you fags over doing it.

>a man who was a pivotal role in the entertainment superpower that is American pop culture, and who for nearly his entire adult life was the face of the organization for the casual consumer, a man whose name is synonomous with his industry, as Dr. Seuss was to children's books and Walt Disney was to animated movies has died, his last years on this Earth still spent paying his dues by appearing in bit parts in movies despite his age because he believed that he owed his fans the most bang he could give them if they were going to fork over their hard-earned buck
>lmao why are u so upset hahaha nigga grow up hahahaha like nigga just let me define what an adult is for you instead
What a lad

A riveting exchange.

He still talking about that? Since how long has Billy been at this?

Bill isn't a hack, all late night presenters have the problem of finding content, my guess is the writing team saw the backlash let it cool then decided to redress it when literally no one who was insulted was around to be mad again. It was to make the viewers of Real Time feel like smart sophisticated adults who are better than childish ones who like 'childish things'. The argument against childish things is always to just consume more 'adult content'. Adult content like Real Time. There's no counter-point to Bill's argument because his self indulgent tirade isn't meant to be challenged. He's not even that funny as the speech makes time for pans of reaction shots of his guests and for the audience to quiet down all the while reminding us Bill isn't ranting childishly himself. He's throwing his own kind of tantrum saying listen I'm not wrong because I represent 'adult' adults, not manchildren. It's always important to remember that shaming other people is easy low hanging fruit and that Bill isn't a sophisticated comedian for doing it. It's easy to use stereotyping to paint a group into a corner and disregard everything about them.

>Ooh religion is bad because look at these crazy zealots
>Comics are stupid because I can reduce an entire genre down to a boilerplate

Bill is formulaic and requires these kind of segments to pad out the time he isn't talking to guests. Telling people to grow up doesn't make you grown up. It looks like an older kid telling his younger peers 'look at me and how cool I am you should do what I say'. It lacks critical thinking because any application there of might be balanced and this kind of comedy doesn't deal well with even handling.

Tl:dr Bill is a late night host of course his shit is slanted to make him look smart and anything he doesn't like stupid.

Late night hosts are unironically one of the worst things currently plaguing American media

>he thinks I'm reading this shit

They're up there with 'reality' tv.

Late night host dont radicalize mosque shooters,little channer

That feel when a year earlier I invested in Stan Lee signed CGC comic books.

You need to go back

And yet mods allow this thread because it's totally not trolling.

Whenever he's in danger of becoming irrelevant, he always says something controversial to put himself back in the headlines. Shrewd.

Grow up

>Yea Forums mods
>useful

Have Sex Incel

believing in establishment democratic candidates is infinitely more childish than appreciating comic books.

Why would i need a democrat to tell safe space faggots to fuck of when i can do that myself? What does he bring to the table besides shit taste?

Especially when you think it's being edgy and anti-capitalist to do so.

shakespeare's plays used to be considered trash.

herman melvilles early work was considered trash :

"Moby-Dick (1851), although now considered one of the great American novels, was not well received, and critics scorned his psychological novel, Pierre: or, The Ambiguities (1852)"

this guy literally has no fucking idea what he is talking about.

the epitome of a smug, emperor has no clothes tv intellectual. I literally learned that shit with a 2 minute google search.

I no like [new thing], it not like [old thing].

[old thing] good

[new thing] bad

I can’t take Bill seriously when he tells people to grow up because I remember when he called himself a “house nigga” as a joke.

>shakespeare's plays used to be considered trash
[citation needed]
>Moby-Dick
[citation needed] on it being considered trash as in "trash culture" and not just bad

Wikipedia

He says movies dumbed everyone down enough to vote trump, that’s the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard

You're one of those who think the MCU is comparable to the art in Renaissance cathedrals?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare#Critical_reputation [Not in citation given]
>"He was not of an age, but for all time."

>—Ben Jonson[226]

>Shakespeare was not revered in his lifetime, but he received a large amount of praise.[227][228] In 1598, the cleric and author Francis Meres singled him out from a group of English writers as "the most excellent" in both comedy and tragedy.[229][230] The authors of the Parnassus plays at St John's College, Cambridge, numbered him with Chaucer, Gower, and Spenser.[231] In the First Folio, Ben Jonson called Shakespeare the "Soul of the age, the applause, delight, the wonder of our stage"

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick#Reception [Not in citation given]

Thank you.

I'm not being an asshole for the sake of being an ass.
I'm trying to get a point across.

Why does the right hate fun so much? Why can't we just enjoy whatever we want to enjoy?

>fun

Attached: bzz.png (1020x211, 29K)

That is straight up pilpul.

>right
Maher's a libtard at heart.

liberals are rightwing

>Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

-C.S. Lewis

He didn't say don't enjoy it.
He's mocking losers that invest themselves in children's entertainment and that push the idea that it's a high form of art.
Especially the manchildren like yourself that take it personally and go on the offensive.
Stop it, it's embarrassing.

>said the pedophile

Wrong, he had his heart removed and replaced with money. His only instinct is to shit on flyover states and anyone different from him. I used to watch him every week and went to see him live, but recently he's exposed himself as an establishment shill. The world would be a better place if people took their cues from tales of heroism instead of selling out like he did.

shut the fuck up you twat, we all know that in the US, liberal=left wing you pretentious and pedantic doublenigger

One episode of Sesame Street has more value than the entirety of Bill's career. He has no credibility to mock.

Based

liberals are establishment shills

Uh, I'm not sure if your stupid- or just confused.
LIBERALS are Left wing.
LIBERTARIANS are Right wing.
If that's your confusion, then I understand.
But just by his rhetoric and themes he spews out should tell you he's left wing.

Attached: Political Compass Autistic screeching.jpg (615x615, 105K)

>man on left is single, bitter, paranoid and his biggest accomplishment was getting fired from ABC
>man on right was kind, industrious, beloved, created a legacy of famous characters and franchises
>the man on the left says "don't be like him or like him. Grow up and be like me".

Attached: 1554959438013.jpg (911x736, 98K)

Like I said, a libtard

>just fags who over do it.
That's everyone that calls comic movies, cape shit.

Attached: Laughing_Marx.jpg (480x563, 120K)

>don't overdo things
Wow, what a stunning and unique take thanks to this brilliant comedian!

Him being shitty doesn't invalidate his point.

I fucking hate ancaps so much.

He doesn't even have a point. He's a troll begging for attention.

This.
It's bait to get attention. That's what all late night "comedy" hosts do.
They're a dead relic trying to keep attention in order to spew out the propaganda mandated to them by their masters.

Just ignore them.

youtube.com/watch?v=7MSJtWNane4

Attached: 1538554856692.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

I think you are thinking of Lewis Carroll

Libertarians are not right wing.

How so?
Please correct me.

Libertarians are only right wing in the sphere of american politics, where the term is used completely differently from its usage in world politics and philosophy.

kind of like how the world uses the metric system while you use standard.

How are they right wing?

Yes, user, people on different places sometimes use words differently and have different customs.
Good work.

But wouldn't old people be the last ones to adopt streaming / torreting stuff?

You're retarded if you think he's the only democrat who does that. Half the democratic party thought Hillary Clinton was too liberal. Imagine thinking a neocon like Hilary is actually a liberal.

>UMMMM ANIME IS ACTUALLY MATURE, LOOK HOW MUCH GORE THERE IS!

There's no such thing as a left wing in america.

Obama in the green side is funny as fuck, the guy was as much as a neoliberal as Bush

>neocon
Please user stop. Don't act as if you know about politics, neocons are just neoliberals that pretend to be into muh baby jesus

I think it was actually pretty well informed. Weirdly enough some people actually come here for the discussion.

Hey is Bill Mahar still on the board of PETA?

I copypasted the OP from Yea Forums. Then I posted in the original Yea Forums thread. and were replies from Yea Forums. I was trying to make anons talk to each other over the bo(a)rder, but Mr. longpost didn't take the bait

Y'know for as fedora tipping as Bill can be he always seems to suck Israel's dick whenever he gets the chance. Compared to the vitriol he gives Christianity and Islam, he was treating Ben Shapiro with kids gloves. Bill's a hack because he doesn't care about anyone but himself if you actually listen to him but he wants to soapbox just like the SJWs he claims to despise.

Plus while nuMarvel is shit Stan Lee was literally everything Bill Maher supposedly wants/pretends to be. When the Comics Code Authority (CCA) prevented stories about minorities, gays, drugs, and other stuff Bill champions for, Stan Lee gave told the CCA to fuck off and made said characters. He always talks about looking to real heroes who actually fought in WW2 who dealt with real nazis instead of using it as a buzzword and Stan Lee was a Signal Corpsman helping with intel in WW2. Honestly I think Bill's just jealous and spiteful. He wants his cult of personality and trained clapping seals for his show but Stan had that and more without trying. When Bill dies people will just move on to someone like Trevor Noah or John Oliver without a care in the world for him. People actually cried and said that Stan Lee made an impact on their lives and Bill knows he's just another empty late night suit who will never get the same attention and is a dime store sellout of his former self.

Attached: You're supposed to worship me! Not Him!.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>STOP ENJOYING THINGS I DON'T ENJOY!

He's just jealous that people still mourn Stan Lee's death 6 months later, while he'll just get a weekend of people saying "That sucks" then forget who he is.

>Y'know for as fedora tipping as Bill can be he always seems to suck Israel's dick whenever he gets the chance.

Attached: Really_makes_you_think.gif (320x240, 2.12M)

>Unironically agreeing
>Partially

Either go 100% or don't, you fucking poser.

Good summation.

Bill took his potshot at Lee on his blog when he was on hiatus & I think the backlash caught him by surprise (he lost 40,000 twitter followers) & so he doubled down and lashed out again on his show when he probably should have left it as is.

I stopped watching after he said he was sorry we collectively "were alive", I ain't watching somebody who wants me to die.

I get hating on comics, but come on, insulting Lee is a dick move.

>posts 4 month old youtube video
what did it just make the rounds to facebook for you grandpa?

He wasn't talking about anime, he was talking about comics. That said, it is a bad and juvenile argument to try to make something seem grown-up just because it's really violent.

>Endgame had the most predictable ending.
Ah you are one of those "subvert expectations" guys. Look, people wanted a crowdpleaser, they got a crowdpleaser. Even I think the movie was largely crap but it did that well. Go anywhere else with your TLJ stuff.

nta but
>I must always be totally of or against a thing, and my opinions can never be nuanced

He's got one point: there is a significant portion of adults today who forgo responsibility and personal growth in lieu of obsession of corporate characters and stories. Having encyclopedic knowledge is not a replacement for personality. That, I agree with.

However, much of what he said is baseless at best. His opinions on how visual art should not be combined with stories exposes him is deeply out of touch. I wouldn't consider Duncan the Wonder Dog as being "for children". Everything else was borderline angry-grandpa-on-a-porch tier.

Oldnews

Here's the thing,

Bill was right for all the wrong reasons.
>People do care too much about escapist capeshit, not enough about the world they live in.
>Stan Lee was not deserving of uncritical praise.

But he argued from a point of ignorance and when called out on it, like any good contrarian asshole digg his heels in the ground and.

Ironically, considering the shared history of censorship he's had and comics have had, he's turned around and spat in the face of people who should have been his allies (The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund).

Attached: 11.15.18_Adulting_IMAGE[2].jpg (750x392, 144K)

King, stop shilling your shit, ffs.

>President Ellis
>This attack was horrible, and the Mandarin was horrible.
>"Freaking" Aliens (Not "Fucking")

He says with a straight face.

Yes

the form how he speaks is awful

what a pretentious douchbag

That's pretty shitty of him to use someone's death as an excuse to look down on others as I'm doing to him right now ironically.

Yeah...agreed.