He’s already seething. What’s he going to do when Avengers eventually passes Avatar?

He’s already seething. What’s he going to do when Avengers eventually passes Avatar?

Attached: 6E79AD27-89A9-4D12-99B9-CF3EDA42BE7A.jpg (933x1200, 184K)

Raise the bar

what ever happened to making like 5 Avatar movies

Endgame is shit anyway

Attached: F6693DFB-63F4-4E62-8DEF-BA01E8FFDD4F.png (601x596, 399K)

I think he just gave film snobs an aneurism

>He’s already seething
How is that seething?

Is this disrespectful?

I hope his new Avatar movies crash and burn but unfortunately they won't because of the Chink audience.

Titanic Avatar crossover in 10D

Wasn't he bitching and rantig about Wonder Woman the last year?

Attached: 50 Cent.jpg (480x640, 78K)

Only if nerds actually shit talk the actual Titanic passengers and crew and not the movie.

Well it's part of the reason he's not made the other Avatar flicks. He's not the only billion dollar king anymore.

Didn't Titanic get released on theaters twice or something. Surprised it took that long

James Cameron has entered the same realm as Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola. Just directors of a bygone era who have unofficially retired and currently play corporate mascots

well ww was a piece of shit and endgame is actually good

*Avengers in the Titanic on Pandora in 10D

OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: E958326A-9DAF-4969-8922-DC04E0510FE8.png (865x554, 862K)

you don't really believe even a second Avatar movie is gonna make the same kind of dosh than the first one, do you?

lmao iron man is giving him a head rub

10 more years guys.
10 more glorious years before the inevitable reboot for the next generation.

As a full blow Avatard I really hope Endgame dethrones Avatar 1. That way Avatar 2 will be a lot more interesting and not just Jim burning ants with his magnifying glass.

Attached: IMG_2117.png (807x500, 169K)

Do this but with iron man and Cameron

Attached: D1FDD106-45B9-46FB-BE07-DEDDE30903F3.png (200x232, 85K)

A few times over two years

>doubting James Cameron
Smile, you're all going in the screencap.

he will probably cancel all the Avatar movies cause he knows he can't compete

Imagine being this delusional.

yes, cause sexy women can't be heroic like Ripley and Sarah Connor, and bitching about superheroes in general. Also complaining endlessly about streaming and how it's destroying legitimate movies.

Not if Randy Newman has anything to say about it.

this used to be literally me but I stopped watching films and now the only movies I see are superhero movies or blockbusters that I want to see, the next movie I'm seeing in theaters is Far From Home, but maybe if the reviews are good I'm seeing Brightburn

Avatar and Endgame are both basically brainless action movies. Does it matter which one is more succesful in the end?

yeah but that's DC shit, nobody likes it

>10 years of stories, shared universe and hype to beat a movie that wasn't remake or sequel, with the only advantage of being a 3D movie with the director of Titanic and Terminator.

Even if Avatar 2 doesn't make so much money, you must admit that the fact that a movie 10 years ago has achieved so much is something remarkable, Endgame was the "culmination" of 10 years of movies, Avatar was a beginning.

The one that puts me to sleep doesn’t deserve anything. Avatar was only good because “DOOD EVERYTHING LOOKS REAL”.

Cameron had a good few years where an Avatar sequel would have made billions.

Everyone who went fucking apeshit over that movie had grown up and is now ashamed of how they acted back then.

"Infinity rocks that grant wishes" still sounds less laughable than "unobtainium."

Capped and added to the collection.

>he's seething
>by showing the film respect

Attached: 1508972477591.jpg (456x402, 30K)

Alita was trash

Just remind him that Avengers needed China money to surpass Titanic while Cameron did not.

Wait didn't Avatar surpass Titanic at the box office?

I think it's one of those "it did in absolute terms but not when adjusting for inflation" things or whatever

He has a limited, dated interpretation of what a "Strong woman" character is supposed to be like, and thought that since Diana exhibits some traditionally feminine traits, she's not a proper strong woman like Sarah Connor and Ripley. What he misses, I think, is that art benefits from varied portrayals of strength, and a character who is brave can also be conventionally beautiful and sexy, or not be, and it has no bearing one way or the other whether they're a positive portrayal of heroism.

I think we've long reached the point where people just use SEETHING without knowing what it even means, just that it's a thing you say when someone responds, but since they don't know what it actually means they just assume it works for any response of any kind

This

>Marvel makes money with 20 movies
>Cameron does it with 1 movie
>seething
I'm...confused.

I think the biggest issue is that it made its billions based heavily on its gimmick. There were hardcore fans who became immersed in the lore, but even that hardcore fanbase never really took off. The story and characters didn't really resonate with audiences, the few parts that did have already faded from pop culture. Nobody even quotes the movie on any kind of regular basis.

Avatar 2's going to come out at a time when 3D is commonplace. Avatar helped really re-popularize 3D and launched an age where pretty much all of the big blockbusters have 3D showings. Ironically though, the trend it helped start proves why the gimmick doesn't hold up. It's almost always post-conversion as opposed to being shot in 3D like Avatar because studios realized it was cheaper to do conversions, and as it turns out moviegoers don't even care enough to notice the difference. So even Avatar's selling point and main gimmick failed to revolutionize the industry the way Cameron hoped.

So all that's really left is trying to get people to care about Pandora and its inhabitants again, and maybe cashing in on 10 year old nostalgia.

Sarah Conner is super sexy.

What would Cameron have to do to get Avatar 2 to make billions without the help of it's gimmick?

You're supposed to be dead, Kyle.

He's been planning on making more, he just keeps getting sidetracked with his addiction to masturbating inside bathyspheres.

Doesn't he hold the world record for reaching the deepest point in the entire ocean and tweeted from it right after?

I honestly have no idea. He can't pull a TFA and go "LOOK THE AVATAR YOU LOVE IS BACK" because there's not really anyone that tactic would work on. I guess he'd have to come up with a story so good that people will be genuinely excited about it, but where can he even go? Avatar told a pretty self-contained story.

I mean, it could be possible for him to somehow outdo the visuals he used for the first movie to bring in the audience that loved the setting so much they wanted to live on it. But I doubt tech has advanced for him and his crew to do much more than what everyone else does nowadays.

You're also right about Avatar 1 being self contained, even though he apparently wrote scripts for 2 and 3, how the fuck do you make 2 more movies after that?

>the human's come back with more robots
>Jake or whatever his name was has to go on a vision quest to be come an even superer over chief
>other aliens show up
Personally I feel the problem is not so much coming up with ideas but rather any of them being executed well in any way. The original itself was neither stunning in its creativity nor its writing, so I wouldn't expect much here either way.

Attached: 1319490938338.jpg (1035x800, 449K)

Avatar 2 would just be a Dune ripoff.

>He's gonna have to do this again in a few weeks
OH NO NO NO

But in water

>seething and dialating
Back to Discord with you, tranny.

>imagine unironically cheering for the death of the cinema
fucking plebs

>omg massah is so rich I'm glad to serve under massah, massah is kid if you stay silent and obey well, blessed massah

Yeah, it'd be impressive.... If not for the fact Avatar still didn't sell nearly as many tickets historically as other movies. If you look up raw ticket sales Avatar barely breaks the top twenty. That means less people saw Avatar than 19 other movies. The only reason Avatar made as much money as it did was due to the inflated price of 3d and IMAX showings which were ludicrously expensive at the time.

Lots of established filmmakers have taken pops off at superhero movies in the last 20 years since they started getting really popular. David Lynch absolutely hates capeshit, to name one.

>death of the cinema
Oh get over it you bozo. Like James "here's my multi-million dollar teenage fap fic on the big screen" Cameron has any room to whine about big budget CGI films destroying cinema. The MCU isn't going to kill movie making as art any more than Harry Potter killed the book industry.

Attached: metallic clicking.gif (350x242, 1.61M)

Am I missing something? I thought his name was James Cameron, not Jim?

When are we going to get a Titanic prequel on the sinking of the RMS Atlantic?!

Attached: sinking.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

His name is actually Jim Cameraman.

Avatar may have a generic story, but it was next step into developing of visuals. MCU, however, lowered bar so hard that these are not even movies anymore. It's tv-tier trash like CW but with bigger budgets.
Also Cameron created a fucking Terminator. What did MCU create? Nothing but geneic trash.

Thanos is more realistic than Jake Sully.

And I don't mean big blue cat man Sully, I mean Sam Worthington the actual human being.

>wow, ONE character is better in a movie which came out decade later, however...

Attached: 1535620038830.png (348x584, 452K)

>redditor can't understand a joke

>tranny

Attached: pancakes.jpg (816x1356, 352K)

>i-it was a j-joke I s-swear!
absolute state of mouseshills

>Sam Worthington is a bad actor
That was the joke, you autistic retard.

Not worse than capeshit ones, you breaindead faggot.

>seething

>trying to play the burnout game with Discord Tranny

Good luck, they've been verified to exist, which is better than most boogiemen.

>next step into developing of visuals
It's alright to say the only value a movie had was that it looked nice without trying to make it sound like some ground breaking thing, user. LotR did more to push movie CGI forward than Avatar. The whole IMAX 3D thing has become an artistic dead end, really. Sure, they release some movies in dumb 3D to make more money per ticket, but it's not going anywhere exciting. It's not the cutting edge of cinematography, if it ever was. Last thing they tried to do was that dumb double framerate nonsense that sputtered out.

Avatar is trash and that people try to elevate as anything but pop corn munching trash or even better than all of the MCU is a fucking joke that reveals how shallow their perception of high art really is. There's other movies you could pick to lord over the MCU if you have to pretend enjoyable action movies are the fucking death of cinema somehow. It's more worthwhile to spend your time watching the vast majority of the MCU than Avatar if we have to keep the field narrowed down to those too. People could at least bring up Fury Road if they're gonna go on about this and try to compare a spectacle movie to the MCU.

>Also Cameron created a fucking Terminator
And George Romero made Night of the Living Dead. Hell, Dawn of the Dead too. Doesn't make Land of the Dead a better movie. And making Terminator and Aliens doesn't mean everything that comes spewing forth from James Cameron's mouth right.

Attached: Alien vs Terminator.jpg (575x835, 134K)

So like why is Avatar 2 taking a longass time?

>It's more worthwhile to spend your time watching the vast majority of the MCU
You could just said that you're mouseshill without writing that wall of text.

Avatar has a park in Disney World user, we're all mouseshills now.

Well, Avatar 1 wasn't mousetrash, Avatar 2 will be. So there is nothing wrong about admitting that first movie was above MCU trash despite being empty flick.
The best part of Avatar that it didn't affected cinema, while Mouseverse is killing it slowly but efficiently. When was the last time you've seen big budget action/fantasy/futuristic movie which was good and didn't flop?

Kino is dead

Attached: 89724356.png (543x240, 20K)

You know many of the Films in phase 1 were distributed and created by different film studios than Disney right? By your logic they should be considered great films. Stop being a fucking company war whore and accept that films from companies you hate can be good and films from companies like can be bad.

Now with minions

You just understood wrong. MCU was trash from the start. The only decent movie was IM1. I don't give a single shit about companies, Disney is just the only one killing cinema right now.

No one went apeshit. It was a tech demo. People loved it for the groundbreaking visual effects and kept seeing it because of that. No one cares about the characters or the "plot".

MCU saved cinema you bitch, now we have reasons to go there

Fury Road was literally just mentioned you mouth breather. Blade Runner 2029 did okay too, I think? Great movies with big budgets that make tons of money are rare because great movies are rare in general. Or is the argument that the top 10 best selling is filled with schlock? That's nothing new either dingus. But honestly this is all a side show because someone has yet to put forward an honest argument about why Avatar is a better movie than say Guardians of the Galaxy. Or take you pick of MCU movies that aren't the first two Thor movies, the Incredible Hulk, and probably Captain Marvel I guess.

Why does Avatar deserve any special consideration? It's a big, dumb, poorly thought out CGI movie with no real deeper value. They haven't even argued how Disney is killing cinema through the MCU. Great movies still get made across all sorts of budgets and genres. All the time? Maybe not, but truly superior movies will always be the minority and this has to do with most filmmakers sucking and most great filmmakers eventually sucking too than it does with the paranoid belief Disney will somehow ruin moviemaking forever. People are just getting a bug up their butt because they think 10 years of Marvel movies is some how the death of an entire medium. Things come and go. The MCU won't be around forever. Eventually it'll die off or morph into something so general and broad that it'll be like trying to say Jaws ruined Cinema forever because of the summer block buster. Fucking LotR is more to blame for the current dumb CGI action trend in movies, considering they're all trying to ape its big orc battles.

Attached: Fury Road concept art.jpg (1200x498, 105K)

>any big budget movie which tries to make something different than capeshit tv-tier trash full of quips flopping
>saved
kys mousecuck
>Blade Runner 2029 did okay too, I think?
>budget 150 mil
>gross 259 mill
Why are you even talking if you don't know shit?
> The MCU won't be around forever.
Except it's already poisoning cinema for 10 years and doesn't have signs of stopping. It can do that for the next what? One decade? More?
>Fucking LotR is more to blame for being actually good
Jesus Christ.

Sand in your vagina m8?

I just didn't know this was a pissing contest

Butthurt

Wasn't Feige complaining to Sony in the leaked emails about how they were rebooting the Spider-Man movies for the first time, saying how Marvel would never erase everything that's happened so far in the MCU, they'd only recast the actors? Of course, who knows how long he'll feel that way.

Nether do me but who care right?

He's worried about the roll on effect where we're going to get a ton of shitty "strong female characters" who are just pretty women who kick ass and have no character, like Captain Marvel.

You do realize that adjusted for inflation Avatar grossed over 3.7 billion right?

3.2. You're thinking of Gone with the Wind.

It's not.
see the list with inflation added.

Christ sake how'd GWTW make so damned much?!

That said even Titanic is over 3 billion with inflation.

I'll concede that the calculations that go in are complex and might not be 100% accurate but it's as if the thought never crossed these company war fags heads.

>No one went apeshit
dude there were basically blue alien otherkin explosions. Entire forums dedicated to how they're spiritually Avatar aliens and how their wretched human bodies are holding them back

Most normal people went "cool effects" yes, but there was a sizeable group of fanatics

COME ON DISNEY FUND ALITA 2

Attached: 1552528368636.jpg (1280x720, 328K)

Everyone went to see it, and more than once most likely.

It'll make another billion before it leaves theaters in November.

He has. They're Finished shooting and on Disney's release slate. Good job keeping up.

oh i forgot they do those when a movie breaks world records

I don’t know why he felt the need to mention the actual tragedy of the Titanic but go off I guess

Nope, that's not how inflation works.
1 dollar today is worth extremely less than 1 dollar of the 30's.
As for Avatar you also have to take in consideration that basically each ticket was sold for double its cost since everyone went nuts for the 3D.

Cope more cuck

>in the pic: Yea Forums in a nutshell

I just find it hilarious that in this era of ultra-liberalism and PC bullshit, you're literally Hitler if you use the wrong pronouns for someone, but making light of a tragedy where 1500 people died just to praise some popcorn flick about men in spandex is A-OK.

Oh? On god?

>mouseshill calling other cucks while blacks and ugly women replacing his "heroes"
top kek

>Disney is just the only one killing cinema right now.
Don't be retarded, streaming services are killing cinema, and for good reason.

Today's Cinemas are awful and no where near as convenient or visually stunning as they once were. No one wants to waste 7 bucks on a single film where you have to sit with crowds that may ruin your viewing experience with food that's demonically overpriced When you can watch a variety of movies for a static price in the comfort if your own home.

Disney didn't kill Cinema, progress did.

>It's shitflex fault
Yeah, right. That's why movies making billions these days. Cinema is dying as form of art and provider of quality entertainment, but not as money maker.

>Steve Rogers went back in time to make sure the Titanic sunk
God bless him.

>Today's Cinemas are awful and no where near as convenient or visually stunning as they once were.
What the hell are you comparing them to? Fucking Victorian-era theaters? Literally all of the movie theaters near me have upgraded to leather recliners, assigned seating, fully carpeted floors, and most of them have full bars with food/drink service. Compared to the shitty theaters of my childhood, this is amazing, and the only reason I don't go see movies more often is because capeshit dominates all the showtimes.

It still hasn't beat Avatar. That's when he'll really seethe.

You know there are still plenty of artistic films that are made to test the boundaries of cinematic art right?

And get this they're, wait for it, distributed through streaming services.

> that are made to test the boundaries of cinematic art
Name one (1) which is actually does that.

>hollywood produces 500 movies PER YEAR not to mention the foreign stuff
>but it is all capeshit!!!!11

Couldn't you be more blatant with your shitposting?
Or are you the same butthurt DCuck that acts like a cinephile in every thread when it is clear that his only problem his disney living in his head rent free?

Roma
>Distributed via netflix
Manchester by the sea
>Amazon Studios

>Roma
>having ANY aritistic value
And Manchester by the sea was in the cinema.

Attached: laugh2.png (393x391, 216K)