What was the point of Batwoman if Batgirl already existed?

What was the point of Batwoman if Batgirl already existed?

Attached: 86A80DB8-B49E-4686-8E75-1FEEC050AB25.png (504x638, 552K)

To feminize your son into a lesbian

I’m being serious fuckhead. If a female version of Batman was already a thing, why bother making another one but not good?

Batwoman existed before Batgirl though.

what's the point of Robin if Robin already exists?

Except there was never more than one Robin.

Yeah I don't really see the appeal of Kate when Babs, Cass, and Steph were already a thing.

Attached: Batgirl art.jpg (1776x2827, 389K)

To appease the dykes.

I doubt that many lesbians give a shit about comics.
I suppose that’s why they’re giving her a CW show

Attached: 073D2868-56A5-4F9C-BD1C-6395FFFB6B1C.gif (460x426, 782K)

Batwoman existed before Batgirl

Attached: 743DEF8C-4C44-4107-AD27-DBD406AB9F44.jpg (1091x1716, 264K)

God that design is horrific.

Yeah and Dan Garrett was the original Blue Beetle. No one cares

no one cares about Steph either

Well good because we got plenty of other Batgirls to choose from, all better than Batwoman

Modern Batwoman was created at low point of Batgirl's popularity

Is that Helena Wayne?

I don't think there really was a point. Comic characters get created to generate revenue and I suppose they thought it was a good idea.

I like the batgirls better too but they are different. The girls feel like sidekicks and they're not as well to do as Bruce. Kate is wealthy which may not seem like a difference but we all know you could truly be batman on the cheap.

No Pre-Crisis Kate Kane who was also the original Batwoman in current continuity (thanks Morrison)

she's Bruce's and Kate's aunt Katherine

Batgirl is a side-kick, ala Robin while Batwoman is more of an equal, a female Batman.

Now, since Batman is more popular then Batwoman she'll never truly be Batman's equal, hang out with Suprman and Wonderwoman, etc. but that's the idea.

Attached: batwoman and robin.jpg (558x800, 77K)

Other than being a rug muncher so DC can virtue signal? Nothing.

>Kate and Damian team up
Has this ever happened?

What's the point of living in Gothamn if you're wealthy?

>related to Bruce directly
>barely ever interacts with him as a family member, no insight into their relationship or if they even have one
>doesn't hang out with the core Batfamily or have any relationships with them and is treated as an extended far-off member who distances herself from them as much as possible
>yet has no problems with taking the Batman symbol and identity and turning it into her own
Literally and unironically, what did she mean by this and what is DC trying to do with this character? She feels so pointless. You could make her a Bruce from an alternate Earth or a completely unrelated hero who coincidentally vaguely looks like Batman and it would make more sense than what we have.

Copyright.

Attached: batwoman1.jpg (526x800, 92K)

Batwoman existed first back during the Silver Age. This was just her reboot before they complicated things with Spyral.

>>barely ever interacts with him as a family member, no insight into their relationship or if they even have one
Good, everyone being constantly connected to Batman is annoying as hell

Whatever happened to that arc of her going to war against Batman?

which time? The first one happened at JHW III's run and was cut off cause they kicked him off the book and wouldn't publish his scripts, even after he rewrote them to she didn't get married.

They had another territory battle later where she just used a bunch of weapons to slow him down when they fought and it was enough for her to get away with her plan, I forget what it was at this point though

So I can fap to another girl.

Attached: Kate Kane.jpg (384x864, 69K)

Well, technically since Tim went back to being Robin in Young Justice, there's 2 Robins right now, him and Damian.

Fpbp

Tim is Red Robin. He was never not Robin.

I’ve also heard that she was created in response to Frederic Wertham’s accusations that Batman and Robin were homosexuals, ironically enough.

Well, he IS Robin right now in Bendis' Young Justice.

I can't think of a single time, Batwoman really doesn't really interact with the Bat-family much.

I can see what user means though. If anything she is the one character, being one of Bruce's few blood relations left and in the same business and under the same flag, you would expect her to be in the inner circle more than even Babs who is just the Comishes daughter.

To be honest, she is one of the only lesbians characters that are good. The problem is that after J.H. WILLIAMS III left the book, DC had and still don't know what to do with her.

The recent one where she executed Clayface and then dropped her bat symbol and had a zeppelin or something.

What role did she used to fill? I've only read Elegy, and it wasn't enough to give me a proper feel for her. If she is supposed to be female Batman then she will always be discount Batman because he exists. If they are trying to go the supernatural investigator route then arguably Constantine, Zatanna, and any number of other supernatural-involved hero/ines have that covered. Even her discomfort of working with the Bat family has been done better with Red Hood and even Nightwing in ye old days. She is probably just doomed to sit at low-middling sales because her appeal is boobies and lesbians.

Amusingly the fact that she is discount lesbian Batman makes her perfect for the CW show, since DC are always so gunshy about putting Batman and Superman in tv-shows. It wasn't even until WB realized that the DCEU wasn't the next MCU, and Supergirl was tanking, that they actually let Superman appear to boost the ratings successfully.

Attached: 1542307268660.jpg (768x512, 59K)

All of the Batfamily fills overlapping roles, but she's kinda the middle between Red Hood and Batman. Also, she's willing to work a lot closer with official government operations than any of the other Batfamily. Doesn't work out usually for her, but that's DC government for you

Frankly Huntress being the distant weird bat “cousin” worked fine
She’s a pointless addition

this