For the 2010s' CN show finales, are we agreed it's Regular Show that came through the best?

For the 2010s' CN show finales, are we agreed it's Regular Show that came through the best?

Attached: rs.png (1225x689, 921K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S33uf3E4UT4
youtube.com/watch?v=lXgkuM2NhYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was the competition for that anyway? Besides Adventure Time limping across the finish line I mean.

Attached: b1211704c422bc64e4360cacfdb3261a.jpg (789x960, 109K)

I think the fact that Yea Forums gets angry about shows jumping the shark shows how young the board is. Basically every show that lasts six years or longer goes to shit by the end. It's just the way of the world

That doesn't mean it's not a problem worth complaining about.

I think Gravity Falls did slightly better. But, we can all agree, that most cartoons of the 2010's have either gone out like a wet fart or limped through the finish line.
I know Adventure time started this decade. But, MLP defined it and most other shows have followed its footsteps on fast-forward.

It's more that Yea Forums acts like it just became a thing this decade, when in reality it's been this way since forever

I find that the idea of seasonal rot is as trustworthy as Sturgeon's Law. It always comes down to the writers and what's happening behind the scenes. It's happenstance that the longer a show goes on, the more likely the good writers are to leave.

Even with the things Yea Forums complains about GF had a good finale that was probably better than RS'

Steven Universe's last season finale was written as a series finale, what comes after is considered a post-script season like what happened to the old Teen Titans show with that beast boy focus.

Regular Show going to space for a season didn't feel like shark jumping to me, the series constantly did over the top things and had gimmick type episodes from the beginning. It just felt like a longer adventure.

I meant just for CN, but if we're talking all cartoon finales this decade I can't make a reasonable choice since I'm sure I haven't seen them all, like Korra. I think RS did what Gravity Falls wanted to do better but it was still good.
There was a sacrifice, the characters felt like they came out of the series differently than when they started, the "everyone teams up and fights the bad guy" thing had more characters iirc in GF's case but they were largely bystanders doing the same thing as a group, who we did get in RS did their fighting as themselves, like Death's scythe and Party Horse (unfortunately involved but luckily not for long) doing his break dancing attack.

The thing that sucked the most with Regular Show's final seasons was the animation budget being cut in half every season, while Adventure Time still had moments of original quality here and there. The characters seemed less expressive so it looked more boring. Extremely evident during the rebroadcast gag. Also Gravity Falls had a 2 hour finale iirc while RS' was 33 minutes. Considering that I feel RS pulled off more than GF did since they wasted that fucking 22 minutes with Mabel Land, I'd have much preferred they squeezed in those flashbacks of Dipper and Mabel somehow else. Maybe that god awful roadside attraction episode slot could have been used for a better "calm before the storm" idea than it was.

Attached: original.png (485x499, 359K)

Since I used the commercial time version for GF I guess I should with RS too, it was like 44 minutes, excluding that penultimate episode that aired with the finale but wasn't actually part of it, they just combined it to get the series off the air faster. I'm still disappointed the series finale didn't get an encore/rerun until like a year or more later after Boomerang got the series for night time airing and they had to cycle through the entire thing first. Adventure Time's finale aired like 10 times that week on CN, especially the day after.

Diffrent fanbases, Regular show wasn’t the fan base the wanted.

I don't know why they kept renewing it if it wasn't what Miller wanted. The series was treated like dirt for awhile. I can forgive minor reruns, which was what happened around Season 4 or 5, but then it became strictly a premiering series when they aired it at night right before adult swim every thursday. Then they stopped promoting episodes, and then they aired those 2 episodes back to back on a saturday morning at 12. It was getting ridiculous. I have a curiosity about how far it'd have gone if it managed a Season 9. Maybe it would've been like Korra where it becomes an online exclusive premiere and then those episodes air ages later as a rerun.

SBT's non-ending was better than every 2010s show finale put together.

Yea but what matters is the series finales that are intended as such, because for some reason shows with good season finales can fuck everything up in their series finale where all the writing matters.

KND.

KND was the best but it ended in 2008. So it wouldn't qualify for this

Mystery Inc. does a better series finale than Gravity Falls.

I forgot about MI, while things came out differently than they started I wasn't a fan of how they were given new lives, at least they realized it by having the characters say the lives weren't theirs. Them driving off to a laugh track to explain them solving cases randomly in the original was good though.

>I wasn't a fan of how they were given new lives

How come?

Attached: DF8AD677-DD2E-4D81-A482-F83F32C17592.jpg (1180x1000, 155K)

Attached: 291CAB34-D63E-43AA-B09C-C083B6A8E6DF.png (700x1200, 250K)

>Yea but what matters is the series finales that are intended as such
So, what; the people working on the show didn't know that it was going to be ending? Just because it died young doesn't mean that its creators didn't try to send it off in style.

Are you sure?

Yes.

What makes you certain?

What was the meaning of this image.

>Galatuna will never be saved
>Modula will never be beaten
>Ilana's dad will never be saved
>the Mutraddi are still around
>the show will never be brought back
Life is not fair

Attached: 1521474303485.jpg (460x373, 29K)

I liked the fanservice.

No one explain the joke

I get everything except CJ's inclusion

As many times as I've seen this series and watched the early episodes I just now noticed the discoloration on Mordecai.

Attached: death punchies.png (747x417, 508K)

Nobody tell him

I enjoyed Regular Show's finale but I do agree with everyone else that it felt really rushed. Wasn't Gene and his park taken into space with the main cast too? What the hell happened to him and the Space Tree characters?

Attached: Gene.png (539x477, 345K)

They were told halfway into the season that they were finished and the only remnants of Gene's arc was his dome being present in the welcome to space video. I can't remember who tumblr posted about it but it was a crew member, I think he deactivated his account which made finding the source hard. If anyone reblogged it maybe it could be found that way but I already tried googling with a time filter near when that episode aired with keywords and nothing showed up. I'm pretty sure the guy said it was going to be a thing between Benson and Gene which implies we really were going to see them terraforming planets.

They also wanted to do a Skips and Techmo western story and more of Death and his wife before the series ended but they couldn't find room. I think it was Wong who said this and his tumblr should still be alive.

Attached: benson.png (470x419, 303K)

all we had to do was follow the damn thread user

Last season was good for the most part, since it still kept a lot of the goofier, more down to earth aspects and dilemmas that the show was known for. Personally, I think switching over to a more serious adventure plot wasn't the best idea, but the ending itself was fine.

It was clear they had a grander plan for things but because of how production went we only got a lot of the more basic stuff. Some highlights are the Dragonforce episode and the Space Race one where that dude hit their vehicle, froze, and shattered. The season likely would have been far better if they were given a full 40 episodes like usual instead of just 27. I remember as it aired my main problem wasn't even with the stories or anything, the characters like Mordecai just looked weird at times, like how they drew Mordecai with a short spike on his head. I forget who it was boarding that way. The down to earth stuff was the comfy I like, not the comfy Yea Forums likes like Summer Camp Island. I always enjoyed the park oriented episodes like Appreciation Day. Though if my boss said he doesn't appreciate me that'd be fucked.

Also in general, while the more polished backgrounds looked good, I really liked the crisp colors of the hard watercolor backgrounds of the early seasons. There's also this animation thing where the outlines of the characters are far sharper back then, I don't know why, it's not just the bluray rips circulating for those episodes, it's evident in lower TV quality rips too. I guess they changed animation styles. Also their audio recording equipment must have changed because those early episodes had a different kind of quality to it in that regard as well, I don't see anyone talk about it.

Attached: diary.png (956x536, 688K)

For me, Regular Show ended with Muscleman's Wedding. It's when I realized the show didn't respect my time and was just jerking me around.

So for me, that was the finale, and it was an awful one.

If it makes you feel any better the point of that episode was to have Mordecai do something so irredeemably retarded that it wrote off his love interest minus a cameo later. The writers themselves were split on it but they agreed that the story needed to remove CJ for some reason. I don't know why, I guess it's a symptom of all the love stories snowballing into a bigger issue. Like he fucks up once or twice with Margaret or CJ, whatever, but they used it enough times to where if they didn't point it out it'd be a glaring issue. So it formed its own story on accident.

Attached: original titan pops design.png (598x597, 471K)

So, the writers had no idea what they were doing and painted themselves into a corner, and the only way they could think of escaping that corner was to tear the whole building down and turn their main character into an irredeemable fuckwit.

No, that *doesn't* make me feel any better.

Especially not after subjecting me to endless relationship episodes, and then *finally* seeming to resolve them, only to flip a table and say, "Nah, he's still not over Margaret and will sabotage his whole life because of it."

It didn't help that I thought Mordecai and CJ had good chemistry and worked together on screen, and I would have been perfectly happy to have them just have adventures together.

Attached: DONT.jpg (286x500, 122K)

>painted themselves into a corner
I didn't mean it that way, I mean they seem to have noticed after a couple times that it was turning into its own thing, Dumped at The Altar wasn't the first time they made it a big deal, they did that Merry Christmas Mordecai and Sad Sax thing first. They weren't written into a corner.
>an irredeemable fuckwit.
I used that term as exaggeration, they redeemed him in the following episode by having him realize he isn't ready to worry about relationships yet because he can't handle them. He was never intending to be an asshole.
>Especially not after subjecting me to endless relationship episodes, and then *finally* seeming to resolve them, only to flip a table and say, "Nah, he's still not over Margaret and will sabotage his whole life because of it."
I agree a more conventional storytelling structure would have been more satisfying but the writers said their point was that you don't always stick with your first love(s). It was a more realistic approach that Adventure Time was also trying out but crashed and burned because the writers hated the MC and made his suffering way worse and many fans still consider him garbage to this day over what they made him do.
>It didn't help that I thought Mordecai and CJ had good chemistry and worked together on screen, and I would have been perfectly happy to have them just have adventures together.
After she was completely understanding in the Play Date episode where Death's kid tried to ruin their relationship and didn't fall for the forced drama, I wanted more of them too.

>MC and made his suffering way worse and many fans still consider him garbage to this day over what they made him do
What did they make Finn do?

from most I've what I've seen the fans like Finn but doesn't like the fact that he doesn't do anything at all.

Well he made Flame Princess and Ice King have a huge battle that destroyed the ice kingdom and got them actually hitting each other (iirc Ice King got most of the hits, Gunther rebuit the kingdom while IK stayed with Finn for a bit) just because it gave him literal wet dreams. Considering most of the fanbase at the time was what is generally called tumblr, it was seen as him being pervy and a shitty guy beyond the general issue of having them fight.

>the writers said their point was that you don't always stick with your first love(s).

That would have been sufficiently established by having him get over Margaret. They'd already covered this territory *several* times and seemingly resolved it. That's what made the episode so annoying to me.

>I wanted more of them too.

Yeah. I really don't care if fictional birdman marries fictional cloudgirl in the end, but I do want to be entertained by watching fictional characters interact in entertaining ways, and the writers decided I couldn't have that, and did it in the most infuriating way possible, so I decided I wasn't going to waste anymore time watching.

Maybe it's because I wouldn't have any patience for someone like Mordecai in my actual life...

God I am so glad I stopped watching that show in season 4. Everything people have described from the later seasons sounds like the product of brain damage.

I like Mordecai but I get why Yea Forums finds him so annoying. I wish he could have stuck with CJ for the sake of a good dynamic in interaction like you said but it wasn't going to last long anyway. Season 7 wanted to get rid of all Mordecai love stories and go back to the original setup from the beginning but without plans to woo Margaret. IIRC the reason CJ was introduced was because CN wanted a love triangle episode, JG wanted to make her a "difficult woman type", and Kat Morris (Steven Universe) said it would be misogynistic and she went through a rewrite to have Mordecai fuck everything up with the movie tickets or whatever the issue was with her debut episode. While it gave us a few good CJ episodes with her and Mordecai hanging out, we probably would have dodged a bullet if she was just a one-off girl.

But what they rewrote her as became a crew favorite and they brought her back later after her recharacterization cemented future Mordecai errors.

Yeah that just sounds like a train-wreck all around. You can't blame me for bailing.

I watched it until it ended and I wish I didn't. I fell for the deep lore meme and thought the Mushroom War stuff was really cool, and thought they respected the Lich more than they did. Instead my staying with the show even through shit like Breezy was rewarded with Betty saving the day. I never liked her character, when they made her this important factor to save IK I thought maybe it would be fine, but then she started acting like a dumb bitch and they wanted to garner sympathy because she was going mad but it was all just insufferable. They also wanted the most annoying voice for her.

Nah I don't, RS is one of my favorite shows but while watching Merry Christmas Mordecai when it aired I was starting to get annoyed. I never hated it as bad as the rest of Yea Forums did though. I was more appreciative of the rest of Dumped at The Altar rather than getting hung up (reasonably) on the ending. I thought the letter from Mitch's dad was really nice. Didn't care much about the Rigleen reveal but it was interesting at the time I suppose. It just meant seeing more of a character I didn't enjoy too much.

I'd say Yea Forums missed out on a lot of good episodes in Season 5-8 but I understand the reason for dropping it, there was no reason to expect anything more than Muscle Man episodes and "Betacai" episodes at one point due to rescheduling. Also a lot of people started bitching that they were doing action scenes too much.

See I don't mind the relationship stuff, within reason. It just when it got really repetitive that I started getting exasperated. I thought the whole point of previous episodes was that all the characters had come to terms with their problems. Mordecai had finally moved on. CJ had made nice with Margaret, even though there was still some awkwardness. Margaret was moving on with her professional life, etc.

So Muscleman's Wedding was like having the rug pulled out from under me.

Yea, it was a polarizing decision. I don't mind most relationship episodes either, especially the early ones. For instance despite Bad Kiss undoing the entire kiss in general at the end I thought it was fun and full of great moments. Do or Diaper doesn't piss me off because of the diaper thing but more because of how everything was kinda forced into the narrative and then he tried to explain it and Margaret wasn't very understanding and it negated an entire good night.

Clarence?

Being a fresh animation student I now sympathise for the fucks who have to color all that shit. It's literally the most tedious part of the process and requires a lot of close inspection. Damn nearly killed me on my finals.

That's a big reason why things aren't overly designed in some cartoons (aside from the style they want), it's much easier if the character isn't obscuring parts of their body and making new segments, I just wonder where that color of blue came from.

Actually it might be the colors of the white ring outlines on his arms.

I still bawl like a little bitch whenever I recall it or I'm listening to Heroes, so yeah I agree.

>I just wonder where that color of blue came from.
Looks like the night colors

Maybe. I always liked the colors in the series, they never seemed too saturated or bright.

I didn't think Pops was gonna die/stay dead but they really did it.

Yeah, I definitely understand now why studios are churning out what they are now. Even the simplest of shit can take forever to fucking ink or color. As for why the color change, it could have been as simple as swiping the wrong square. It gets to be a point where you color so many frames that you make a mistake and forget to go back after getting distracted.

Me too. I also liked how the backgrounds were kind of bright and painterly as well. The characters and backgrounds mixed good. Regular Show is the ideal middle ground color scheme. Easy on the eyes and not too dark or too bright/pastel.

it was the only good show of that time

I liked Robotomy, imagine if that went on 8 seasons.

8 seasons is too much.

Why do they never air reruns of this?

It wasn't really applicable was it?

I know I just meant imagine that show lasting that long and what they'd have done with all that time.

CN stopped airing reruns a few years before the series ended, aside from an occasional halloween airing right before adult swim. CN never even gave the finale an encore but they did for AT. I think Boomerang has it for 10 PM

meant for

>the closest thing to another regular show is by the same guy and has been in limbo for 3 years

I'm just waiting for Star VS to finally be over, show's been an insufferable mess ever since the love triangle arc

Attached: qer21324556.png (395x340, 236K)

Never saw past season 1 and when I heard they use the ship names in the series I knew it was cancer.

>Never saw past Season 1

You're a wise cunt

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2019-05-09 a las 11.44.58 p.m..png (479x577, 178K)

When the fuck did Rigby become a bundle of sticks?

Two guys cant just be friends without Tumblr fucking everything up, now add that with Rigby only ever having one friend and not wanting to lose that, and it made them think he's totally gay,

I liked RS' casual continuity over whatever the fuck Adventure Time was trying to do by giving everything deep lore and a bunch of side characters episodes.

It goes Steven Universe > Adventure Time > powergap > Regular Show, for both the finale and their series. Sorry but your dude weed lmao show has no merits and only dumbasses watch it. It's literally the worst show of the decade for the channel right beside Problem Solvers. I will never understand this board's love for the show considering otherwise it has good taste.

Literally everything in your post is backwards. Like genuinely everything. You had to try to be this wrong, bait-kun.

The only one I've seen of these is SU's and I'd probably put it one peg down or roughly in the middle. It's a great episode, probably the best int he show but the rushed nature of it all really lets it down, especially at the end. I loved the corruption healing montage though that part was perfect.

a bloo bloo

Not an argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=S33uf3E4UT4

whens she going to become a futa and when is maco going to become a perma princess?

Steven Universe is literal tumblr garbage
a ugly kike mc and sjw dykes

Attached: 974218_v9_ba jew goblin.jpg (1080x1440, 358K)

Have sex

Attached: 1557456744255.jpg (487x469, 54K)

No, thank you.

>maco

Wrong show.

grow up

Where do you think you are?

lol volcel

Not an argument.

why did you post david bowie?

marco you stupid nigger

how is it un grown up to hate a shitty kike sjw show?
fuck you and fuck your tumblr show

youtube.com/watch?v=lXgkuM2NhYI

Attached: labyrinth.gif (500x216, 904K)

You're allowed to watch cartoons here but if you don't like one it's manchild behavior. This is only an argument when your opinion offends a fan though.

Wasn't making an argument, just laughing at you m8

Can't you guys do this cancer in another thread instead of running this one on fumes? You can half the time even get away with shit like this in a thread OP.

>backwards
It's wrong but nothing is worst than the AT finale.

That abomination of an ending was exactly fitting for the latter end of the series. Pen AT and Muto AT are two different directions entirely.

>meme meme meme meme meme meme meme
>wtf why di dyou call me a child

In a way I'm glad RS never had as many Yea Forums fans as AT.