Jake Gyllenhaal Loved Mysterio's Costume So Much He Made Marvel Put It In The Movie More

screenrant.com/spider-man-mysterio-costume-jake-gyllenhaal-love/

Attached: Mysterio-Powers-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home.jpg (1107x554, 53K)

Based

It's a good costume.

Jakie has good taste

I just noticed, he's even got the eye buttons holding his cape up. Fucking rad.

The more I hear about this guy the more I like him.

That includes the fishbowl, right? RIGHT?!

Attached: Mysterio1.jpg (3000x3300, 1.03M)

Did you also notice the “magical” runes that he uses are eyes inside pyramids?

he is a good actor

The fishbowl is in the trailer, its there.

Yes, it's also probably why we never see Beck in normal clothes like ever in every shot we've seen

>Star Wars actor Hayden Christensen has a hygiene problem - according to his London theatre co-star Jake Gyllenhaal. The two movie heart-throbs starred in This Is Our Youth in the West End's Garrick Theatre earlier this year. Jake, currently starring alongside Friends star Jennifer Aniston in movie The Good Girl, recalls how Hayden's armpits stank so much that after touching him, the smell remained on Jake's skin for days. Jake says, "Man, he didn't wash his clothes for the entire run of the show. On the last night, I accidentally put my arm in his armpit during a fight scene and, even after showering, couldn't get rid of the smell. It was fucking gross."

Attached: 1557237924036.jpg (1280x718, 85K)

But what if I want to see him WITHOUT costume.

Yeah no shit, dumbass. We're talking about what Jake said. "Demanding the costume on more" could just mean him casually walking around without the helmet as we've seen in the trailers

Bullshit PR story to ingratiate the stars of a movie to its audience and build them some "nerd cred" I can't believe there are people in places like this who should know better still falling for this crap. Jake Gyllenhaal couldn't give two shits about Mysterio, the costume or how much it appears on the movie as long as he gets paid the same.

I'll admit that through all the blandness and mass produced lowest-common-denominator action garbage, costume design has come a long way. 10 years ago they would have butchered Mysterio's costume and no self-respecting A-lister playing him would want to hide his face behind the dinky garbage they came up with. But they did it right.

Not to take away from Jakey, he's a fantastic actor who's down to take chances. But if it were 2009, I'll bet he'd say "yeah, no need for the plastic fishbowl."

Not necessarily. Look at the difference between the two Dredd movies. Sly didn't want to wear the costume and mask. Urban insisted on never taking it off

This level of cynicism is so joyless and paranoid that it just comes off as kind of sad rather than insightful.

>10 years ago they would have butchered Mysterio's costume and no self-respecting A-lister playing him would want to hide his face behind the dinky garbage they came up with.
Here's a picture of four-time Oscar nominated actor Willem Dafoe.

Attached: spider-man-2002-green-goblin-willem-dafoe-1159154-1280x0.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

I didn't, somebody in the vfx must like Spider-Man.

Yeah but Spider-Man was special in that regard. Also, while that design is over the top, it's nothing compared to the prototype designs when he had the full Goblin mask

Attached: spider-man-green-goblin-prototype-mask-1008925-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 96K)

You can buy into it and believe that coincidentally every single actor ever cast in a comic book movie in the last 10 years just so happened to be a big fan growing up, it's entirely up to you.

I haven't heard a Marvel actor say they were fans of the comics of their character since they were kids in years, maybe just Tom Holland. That's more of a DC thing.

Goddamnit, that would be extremely KINO

>"We were just assuming - since we did end up building a fully practical costume - that our actor wouldn't want to spend time in it, and then we were like, to make sure we get the caliber actor we want for this, we made it clear, "we won't make you wear this stuff when you don't have to." So on and so forth. So, for example, this is a scene -- this is a briefing scene. We had said, "you can just look cool. You can just look like a cool mercenary man. You can have your t-shirt on, leather jacket and jeans." And he was like, "Can I be in the costume? I really feel the character, I get it." So, not only is this costume practical, but he wears it everywhere it makes sense to wear it. So we think this looks amazing. We're super excited about bringing him to the screen."

I mean if you can believe stuff like Jared Leto's method acting, this isn't that farfetched.

Only one I knew off the top of my head was Jeff Bridges being an Iron Man and Hulk fan as a kid in the '60s.

The video of that shit in action is mindblowing, and that was back in 2001, how come we never got anything like it since then? I know "CGI is easier" is the obvious answer, but I find it hard to believe that out of all the directors who heavily stan practical effects none of them ever wanted to give it a go.

/ourguy/

>"I hate Hayden. He's coarse, stinky, and gets everywhere."

1) He spend the VAST majority of the film unmasked, only donned that for the finale and you still have a noticeable cut-out for his distinctive eyes.
2) It still kind of looks like a plastic Halloween costume. A very well-made plastic Halloween costume, but still I don't think a Mysterio costume of this quality would project quite as well.

The Spider Man trilogy (or at least the fist two) were definitely ahead of the pack in this regard (and in most), but we've still come a long way.

>made
It's cute when people think actors matter beyond marketing.

>Bullshit PR story to ingratiate the stars of a movie to its audience and build them some "nerd cred" I can't believe there are people in places like this who should know better still falling for this crap.
True
>Jake Gyllenhaal couldn't give two shits about Mysterio, the costume or how much it appears on the movie as long as he gets paid the same.
Dubious. He might care, he might not care, but fact is money doesn't actually matter to him in any practical way and it hasn't in years.

>Sly didn't want to wear the costume and mask

He actually did, but it was a Sly movie and they needed his face and muscles to sell it.

>"We were just assuming - since we did end up building a fully practical costume - that our actor wouldn't want to spend time in it, and then we were like, to make sure we get the caliber actor we want for this, we made it clear, "we won't make you wear this stuff when you don't have to." So on and so forth. So, for example, this is a scene -- this is a briefing scene. We had said, "you can just look cool. You can just look like a cool mercenary man. You can have your t-shirt on, leather jacket and jeans."
24 fucking movies in and they're still ashamed of making superhero movies. Incredible.

Jake Gyllenhaal is going to save this movie.

How is Jake so based

Still gonna get a 93% on RT and 800+ million at the box office.

I mean, Hayden is s farmer now so he's changed.

Its not just that CGI is easier, its that CGI can be changed at any time.

Think of the recent Sonic movie trailer thing. We are told that the design of sonic, the title character of the film, will be changed because people hated it so much. That would be impossible to imagine if Sonic had been some kind of Jim Henson puppet.

Practical effects are one and done, with only limited abilty for digital touchups. But you can shoot a scene with mocap for digital makeup or effects, and then render 10 different versions of it and let the focus groups decide which one they think looks best.

I guess it all depends on how you read it. For instance it could be an actual admission that their actors are human and some of the practical costumes are pretty restrictive, however cool they look. I'm sure people who have to do the full body paint would love to be able to skip as much of that process as they can for certain scenes.

Or you can view it as coddling precious actors. Offering to go easy on the elaborate costuming as much as possible, show their faces as much as possible, helps bring in the big stars. Got to hand it to those actors who don't do that. Kelsey Grammer in Last Stand had the perfect excuse but only unblued a hand.

It might be the answer is less that he's a fan of Mysterio in specific, and more that wearing a costume like that makes you feel fucking awesome.

Its one of the reasons cosplay is so much fun: wearing cool shit makes you feel cool.

Yeah it might be more of a DC thing. Ben Affleck, ironically enough always wanted to be Batman.

>Sly didn't want to wear the costume and mask.
Sylvester Stallone was on-board with keeping the helmet on. It was execs paying top-dollar for him that didn't want to waste a cent.

The movement was stiff and limited in the tests. Raimi made the right decision to drop something that was "okay" for something they could easily manage.

Imagine if they made this movie a decade ago.
Mysterio would be in a leather skintight black suit that in one scene has green and purple lighting around it and some smoke swirling around his head as gag about his classic costume.

While the basic point is correct I think you're seriously underestimating how much effort it is to actually replace a character that will appear in almost every single scene.

Growing up I can believe, it's the inauthentic social media pictures of actors with various one-offs and trades featuring a character they're portraying all tagged with some variation of the phrase "Doing research!" I find dubious.

Wtf I love Jake Gyllenhaal now

Heh, the one guy who actually did research pissed them off (Edward Norton), and apparently RDJ out of all people gave Iron Man some 616 touches that weren't originally planned for the movies post-Favreau.

For all you now Jake has every Mysterio issue under his bed.

Attached: meido smirk 2.png (1280x720, 1009K)

I hope they adapt this.

Attached: 1EE82A47-6000-4473-AB52-2F0D986A215A-16842-000010A6EFB4C1E6.jpg (525x163, 52K)

I dont know how long he had been a fan but Ryan Reynolds put everything he had in getting a proper depiction of Deadpool after Origins.

I know these movies catch too much flak in this site due to the humor, but frankly, he adapted well Deadpool's emotional core. Few realize Vanessa in 2 is a stand-in for Death.

reminds me of how that guy from Angel who played Piccolo in that terrible dragon ball movie insisted they put more fucking makeup on him
actors who put the character ahead of their own egotistical need to show their face constantly are menschen.

I love how executives' idea of "Waste" is "look, we have all this gasoline left over, the fire's almost out.."

He played Zamasu later on in the dub, so he became a fan.

I knew Jake was a good cast

I thought that was pretty obvious myself.

I've just come to accept Yea Forums is pretty contrarian these days and will do anything to stay angry/tell you something is shit.

I didnt mind him playing a persian, i thought it was cool.

First Vulture and now Mysterio, the MCU Spidey villains are getting done so right

>Vulture
That's really because of Keaton's performance though. His backstory wasn't bad, but not that special either. It's Keaton that really sold it. Well, the design is glorious, I'll give them that.

Well it depends on how exactly they handle Mysterio. He might still be a good character if all this is legit, but it'll be like the Iron Man 3 Mandarin: it's not even really the same character if the whole thing is actually an in universe actor playing a bit. Or the reverse this time.

I do wonder if leaning this hard into this Mysterio totally being played as legit, don't worry about it, is a way to try and really make his usual shtick as a special effects guy work as a twist. I don't really know, though. I suppose I'd be fine either way, but I'm still kind of hoping it's all a ruse.

By this point it's performances that will elevate the villains. Do they really need some kind of special backstory? As part of the world the MCU has built up, the kind of theme the Vulture had going, and the way Peter's story work in Homecoming, it was the right way to go. The Vulture, or all Spider-Man's villains really, just being kind of low level villains just trying to make a dishonest living in this brave new world works. It doesn't need to be super involved as long as the execution works. That said, they don't all have to literally be them trying to make a buck all the time, but something lower to the ground than reshaping the world or shooting beams into the sky and so on.

Attached: SMFOES2013001-DC31-LR-ddc1d.jpg (900x1366, 121K)

>By this point it's performances that will elevate the villains
Pretty much yeah. I hope Spidey will have them focus on hiring good actors for future villains rather than just CG effects/slap 10 pounds of make up and call it a day.

Vulture also really helped building the universe since he further established aliean weapons trading which gives people access to crazy powers.

>only donned that for the finale
blatant lies

Plenty of boomers liked these characters. My dad liked Endgame, but he said he only ever liked Iron Man, Daredevil, Spidey and Cap, whose comics he enjoyed as a kid in the 60s.