What did you think of Barney...

What did you think of Barney? I was in preschool when he got big and I was the only one in my class who liked Sesame Street better. Still do.

Attached: barneywtf.jpg (480x480, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Barney_humor
youtube.com/watch?v=klsbzC9V0Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=xrF-iPdynUI
youtu.be/G6R32hVNatU
youtube.com/watch?v=mYOz4XzH5I8
youtube.com/watch?v=oi_MK8XLk-k
youtube.com/watch?v=FrVO1ptFf7k
youtube.com/watch?v=HllxjDYGemU
youtube.com/watch?v=n7G8q-rM0pU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MY little pony is better

I remember hating Baby Bop.

I kinda blame Barney for social media taking off.

I prefer Humphrey the Hippo.

How?

Barney was on before social media got really popular. It started in the early 90's and it started being made fun of almost immediately.

>"Perhaps the most insightful criticism regarding Barney is that his shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away."

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Barney_humor

Virgin Barney, Chad Sesame Street

This makes me laugh, because I actually think that one of the strengths of Friendship Is Magic is that it often confronts negative feelings. Think about what the goal of Twilight and her friends is: harmony through friendship. But they're so often defeated by their own feelings and troubles. MLP is a more realistic take on what you have to do in order to maintain healthy relationships than Barney is. Friendship is a give and take, a push and pull. It so often takes effort and work.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x360, 165K)

>Gigachad Bear in the Big Blue House
ftfy

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

I was about 7 or 8 when Barney came out and the unanimous verdict of the kids in my class was that if you like Barney you are a colossal faggot and any torment inflicted upon you was well deserved.

Attached: D05DDD39-D221-4062-B7E6-404A821038F2.jpg (425x488, 26K)

hope your ready for a ban faggot

ponyfags must hang

Does shit like this count as Yea Forums?

I guess I liked him when I was 4 but as soon as I hit elementary school it became the cool thing to sing songs about killing him with shotguns. Now I think his face is unsettling and I'm sure there are better things you can use to feed a toddler's mind, but he's probably not as bad as the youtube algorithms children are being raised with today.

>Does shit like this count as Yea Forums?
There were puppets in the show for a few seasons, and puppets count as Yea Forums.

alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die

I remember when they used to show it on PBS Kids. That's all I remember, though. The show was pretty forgettable to me, for the most part. All I do remember is the corny ass "I Love You." song that me and my sister used to make fun of.

Barney himself is a puppet, like Big Bird.

Is weird how I remember watching this show but can't remember the show itself.

Did you know that the guy in the Barney suit really loved his job?

No, that's different.
For the most part, Big Bird has always been puppeteered and voiced by the same guy, (used to be Caroll Spinney, but now it's Matt Vogel), and they would use their right hand to control Big Bird's mouth, and Big Bird's left arm had a piece of string to raise or lower his right arm as well to make up for the lack of movement in that arm.
On the other hand, Barney always had two different people playing him at the same time, one for voices and one for the costume. The guy in the suit would be able to control both of Barney's arms, and would bite down on a metal rod inside the head to keep it in place, while someone else would control the mouth through an RC unit.

>Matt Vogel
>Vogel means bird

>the Virgin Sesame Street
>The Chad Mr. Roger's Neighborhood

That fucker was molesting those kids. You really get that vibe when in the first vhs special before the series started, Barney looks out the garage window and sees the mother coming, he reacts with actual FEAR, like "Oh, crap, I'm supposed to stay away from kids!! I'm going back to prison!!"

When I was in 2nd grade, my little sister LOVED Barney. Barney toys, Barney backpacks, etc. She had her first day of school, she came home crying, because all the kids made fun of her for liking Barney that she got rid of all her Barney stuff.
It was pretty sad.

Oh no.

I got dabbed on for liking Rugrats in 7th grade.

Attached: dudeweed.jpg (448x461, 27K)

It was geared more towards preschoolers and toddlers, so you were way too old by then.

This and Thomas the Tank Engine were shows I really wanted to see when I was younger... Unfortunately I had a bitch of a Babysitter who was strict as all hell and never let me.

Keep in mind I was babysat along with 3-4 other kids. They got to watch it. I was told not to explicitly. I was only 4 or 5, I HAD TO HELP HER DO HER FUCKING LAUNDRYAND OTHER SHIT A 4 TO 5 YEAR OLD SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO!!!
It cuts deep ya know?

Attached: La La La.png (259x194, 8K)

>The jihad against Barney is still going on almost 30 years later

Attached: 1513836742875.png (594x518, 608K)

This is one of the weirdest statements I've read on this website

Model Train Thomas >>>>>>>> Actual Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> CGI Thomas

youtube.com/watch?v=klsbzC9V0Yg

The crashes were unironically the best part of Thomas, holy shit.

Why was there blood splater

Attached: bionic body.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Even as a child I thought Barney was fucking dumb. I can't say I didn't watch it as a non-sentient toddler because my memory doesn't go that far back.

I watched it around preschool age, and while I don't remember being a SUPER FAN and wanting to watch it all the time or anything I guess I liked it. Had some VHS tapes and shit my parents bought me.

I'm sure I wasn't watching it by the time I started kindergarten and probably stopped being into it a few months before that. Think my experience is pretty typical for a lot of kids who were the target age when it was on.

Ponyfags did nothing wrong

This is a show I only saw at my grandma's house when I was there cause of school being out or being sick. My parents cable plan for some reason didn't include the Disney Channel(or Cartoon Network) until I was a little older and we moved to a new house.

Also my grandparents had those little black boxes on top of the TV when I was younger. I think they where stealing cable until I was like 15

>there's now a podcast with the people who worked on the show
I really don't know what to make of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xrF-iPdynUI

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 38K)

I know he's annoying, but they had their magic for toddlers. Barney tapes were the only thing that would stop me from crying in the wee hours.

dude, all the kids fuckin raised hell because i liked Homestar Runner in middle school

I heard there were little kids who actually liked that, but I couldn't believe it.
In retrospect, the big guy himself isn't so bad, aside from the blasphemy of being a fat, flat-toothed tyrannosaur. his voice doesn't gride on me like it does for some. The other dinosaurs were fucking irritating brats though, and all the kids were just embarrasingly awful performers.
Beyond that, there isn't much to it compared to any other regular baby show from the era. same generic stories and public domain songs.

>bite down on a metal rod inside the head to keep it in place
there must be a better method for that.

Is this why Lee has a very strange way of dealing with his distaste towards things?

My kids only like the theme song, but can’t sit through a single episode. They seem to be really bored with it. I think it dumbs everything down too much, which is why it’s so bland.

Just went through this whole thread. Where is Barneyfag?

I got laughed at in middle school for having a Brian Froud art book because my classmates thought that fantasy/fairytale stuff was "for babies."

It's the show that kickstarted those dumb experimental safe-spacey shows for kids that turned their brains into mush under pretense of being educational. The fad peaked with Teletubbies and finished with logical conclusion which is Boobaah, and from then went on to plague youtube kid videos.

Nice analysis user.

All I remember about Barney was feeling really calm and sleepy while watching it.
My Grandmother still has the VHS tapes we used to watch of it too.

D-Do kids today know who Barney is?

Attached: 1552416279570.jpg (399x224, 12K)

They still show reruns on PBS.

Never watched him, found his permant grin kinda creepy

My mom told us not to watch that “stupid bullshit”, we didn’t, and we looked down on kids who did.

>just when you think that life is a cake life comes to collect
God that's British

Little sister got a toy of this and when the two oldest, my brother and I, played with stuffed animals we'd always cast him as the obnoxious super-prick who ruined social situations.

You missed out, I was obsessed with that fucking railroad. Apparently that mean I have a touch of the tisims, also might be why I'm here

Were they all retarded?! Homestar was loved by everyone one at my middle school, even my social studies teacher would let's us watch new strong bad emails back when they were weekly.

Attached: 1554440687590.png (1085x792, 86K)

Is it weird that I find Miss Etta Kette and Scooter McNutty more entertaining than BJ, Baby Bop, and fucking Barney himself?

What was her fucking problem?

She wasnt a really useful and reliable engine

He was great in Beastwars.

Attached: megatron_transformers_feature.jpg (990x600, 182K)

Middle school kids are the definition of aggressively bad taste.

Easy target. Literally the Chris-chan of the Jurassic world. I also have a minor greentext relating to him

>be me
>visiting friend from work
>first time visiting his apartment
>shit flung everywhere
>"no time to clean up, user, I'm too busy with programming"
>go check out his office with his massive server rig
>in the corner of my eye, I see a few barney plushies in the corner. One new, one used.
>never mention it, but can never return
>never look at him the same afterward

Barneyfags are on a level of autism yet to be charted.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (528x671, 70K)

>went to shitty alternative school with little/no rules
>would spend lunch period in my homeroom sharing internet videos with other kids
>my go-to was usually rathergood or fat-pie
>friend always put on Homestar Runner
>got in a fight with the kid who'd try to make us go to ebaumsworld

Thanks Doc

I love that bag that they pulled stuff out of
And having a crush on Babybop and her sneakers

Universal Kids is also rerunning it.

This was after my time but I still appreciate it
youtu.be/G6R32hVNatU

Only real OGs will remember Big Mickey. Normies always focus on the superficial stuff.

It's more likely jam or preserve.

Attached: Big Mickey.png (1024x576, 1.03M)

Speaking of model trains, I remember being fascinated by this little train prop, as a kid, and wanted a model of it for myself. Little did I know was that it was custom made for the show. Many years later, I was just looking at Christmas village stuff, when I came across an image of an old decorative train that Jim Beam produced. I noticed something familiar about the wheels, and that lead me to track down all the parts used in that prop.

Attached: Little engine.jpg (946x680, 141K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mYOz4XzH5I8

You're autistic user

Like every Thomas fan.

did you make the little engine?

>character has ballerina shoes that I think are sneakers
It keeps happening

I must've watched vhs tapes of Barney all the time when I was a toddler and the only thing I can still remember is the theme song and the I Love You song.

I can't even remember who any of the other characters were.

>I can't even remember who any of the other characters were.

Yellow Bitch and Green Bitch.

There was a model train show on our public access station for a while. The host was autistic and he would drone on and on. He had guests on sometimes who were just as autistic as him. Some of the miniatures they built were really cool though. It was neat to see how they made rivers out of resin and used real little pebbles in the riverbed.

t. Barneyfag

Is this your nightmare?

What's this from? It seems familiar

i think season 9 is okay so far.

My entire 6th grade class got mad at me when I said I didn't like Totally Spies.

They were a bunch of perverts.

>His name was BJ
What did they mean by this?

Attached: BJ1994CostumeFunWeekBook-0.png (439x480, 374K)

They wanted dinookie.

This has new seasons?

Literally the thread topic.

No, I couldn't afford it; and even if I could, they're probably worth more now than they were then.

Even though I didn't like it to the same degree your sister did, I definitely remember when i was peer pressured into not liking it anymore at around the same age. To this day I still feel bad that I caved into the pressure of others and stopped liking something I used to like.

I didn't know I need this
fuck I'm already following too many podcasts

I remember enjoying it well enough in pre-k. Teletubbies was the shit, though. Never watched Sesame Street much from what I remember. There was also the one with the lion puppets which name escapes me. Dragon Tales, Care Bears, etc. Good times

>The guy in the suit would be able to control both of Barney's arms, and would bite down on a metal rod inside the head to keep it in place, while someone else would control the mouth through an RC unit

Attached: 1493525043898.jpg (487x469, 54K)

>BJ was named after Sheryl Leach's [the Barney creator's] father, B.J. Stamps

i remember enough to know hes not a comic, and hes not a cartoon.

Rather pleasant.

Between the lions, remember that show being pretty god-tier when i was younger.

Huh. Didn't know that. Still a rather suggestive name to give to a character in a kid's show, in my opinion.

Sounds fun

Nice

I remember learning that a hippy played Barney. Apparently he was stoned all the time so that made it easy for him to wear the suit.

From what I heard, that thing weighed 80 pounds.

It is much better than the E/I rating will have you believe.

That happens on a lot of shows. The supporting characters end up being way more likable/memorable than the main character.

Any specific reason? She's very cute yet big and wears only shoes
Is her voice? I find voices attractive that others find annoying

Same. Some great talent on that one.

If only you could argue with MCU threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=oi_MK8XLk-k

Her voice actress sounded like a middle aged chainsmoker trying to do a cutesy little girl voice and it was really irritating. Her personality reminded me a lot of Arther's sister DW - she was spoiled, she always had to be the center of attention, she thought she was better and smarter than everyone else, she was manipulative and she would tell on the other kids for the most petty reasons.

...I remember being in daycare, was called learning tree. Kids were segregated by age. Youngest were in a space called the rainbow room. A group of like five kids myself included would mock the dino and his songs from the edgy slightly darker side of the room. We were annoying posers who couldn't respect a quality children's character. Funny enough I was like the only white kid amongst the mockers. I couldn't admit that I thought Barney shit was cash. It haunts me to this day. Oh what could've been.

Attached: 1556740858004.gif (500x500, 1.25M)

>We were annoying posers who couldn't respect a quality children's character.

We were all like that.

No there were nice kids that enjoyed him openly. They were honest friggin children unlike my poser ass

My pre-school class would vote on whether to watch Tin Tin or Mr Rodgers and I always voted for Tin Tin.

That's a good portion of Yea Forums and YouTube.

>stop liking what I don't like

Screencapped.

Anyone remember the bastardized versions of the song?
I hate you, you hate me
Let's get together and kill Barney
With blood on the door and Barney on the floor
That purple dino won't sing anymore

Attached: 1505858884109.png (600x600, 383K)

One of my friends said the reason I had to wear glasses was because I watched stupid shows like Ed Edd n Eddy. I was also the only Naruto kid in a Pokémon class, which made things worse.

I hate you
You hate me
We're an unhappy family
With a punch
And a kick
And a gunshot to the head
Oh my goodness, Barney's dead

"I love you,
you love me.
Homosexuality!
People say that we're just friends
But we're really lesbians!"

>My pre-school class would vote on whether to watch Tin Tin or Mr Rodgers and I always voted for Tin Tin.
Patrician-tier. The Nelvana Tintin animated series is the good shit. I had a few of the episodes on VHS, and it's why Cigars of the Pharaoh remains my favorite album.

Attached: sz4zpqna59p11.png (800x600, 738K)

Does this count?
youtube.com/watch?v=FrVO1ptFf7k

Attached: giphy-55.gif (245x195, 682K)

Sure. I just remembered a song and a video.
Joy to the world
Barney is dead
We barbequed his head
Don't worry about the body
We flushed down the potty
And around and around it went
And around and around it went
And arooooouuuuuund it went
youtube.com/watch?v=HllxjDYGemU

>tfw legit born with autism
>tfw tough santa was real when i was 12
>tfw also had a barney plushie when i was a kid
>tfw got bullied because other reasons anyways

No matter what you do or you like you will get bullied, but the worst part of bullying is when innocent people who honestly love some things have to get rid of them so they can be part of the social groups that are schoolclassrooms thiis is why i approve of school shooters.

Attached: 1512501667756.jpg (1095x1195, 269K)

This and Rugrats were shows I really wanted to see when I was younger... Unfortunately I had a bitch of a Babysitter who was strict as all hell and never let me.

Keep in mind I was babysat along with 3-4 other kids. They got to watch it. I was told not to explicitly. I was only 4 or 5, I HAD TO HELP HER DO HER FUCKING LAUNDRYAND OTHER SHIT A 4 TO 5 YEAR OLD SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO!!!
It cuts deep ya know?

Attached: 1548968858497.jpg (360x247, 21K)

This is actually pretty interesting
Thanks for the heads up

>It cuts deep ya know?

youtube.com/watch?v=n7G8q-rM0pU

The show's been on for like 30 years and they're only in season 9???

I NOPE'd right the fuck out of that one episode where the library gained sentience.

i can't remember liking any little kids cartoons
i think when i was that little it was spongebon and dragon tail arthur and franklin mainly

>not getting the reference
'barney' is in season 9 right now.

Attached: glimmer smug.png (500x691, 288K)

I used to have the answer when I was younger, but all I have left now is just bitter resentment for that bitch. The only thing I could guess is that I was older, but then I realize that there was another who was older then me and he didn't do SHIT

She's like one of the three people on this earth I actually feel malice towards, and the less I talk about her the better

Attached: 1556178735697.png (617x566, 551K)