Thoughts on Carol Dan- I mean, Envy from Scott Pilgrim?

thoughts on Carol Dan- I mean, Envy from Scott Pilgrim?

Attached: DoSMFg-U4AAwZ-M.jpg (500x389, 46K)

proof that brie larson can act and that she's just choosing not to emote for carol for some strange reason

what about Cap- i mean Lucas Lee?

This

>choosing
I don't think you understand how actors work. Occasionally some take over the role and carry it themselves but most of the time they do what they're told, and if they suck then it's hardly their fault for wanting money so blame idiots who do the hiring.

Except she emotes tons, that's the entire point of her movie.

Attached: yaas.gif (540x221, 1.46M)

Immmm. Just a girl in the world

It's probably a combination of a bad or inappropriate choice of a director coupled with a weak script and reluctance to stray from written dialogue into improv.

Keep in mind that Brie Larson is an Academy Award winning actress for her leading role in "Room" (2015).

But the directors did fine and the movie was great?

A chad.

Attached: luc.gif (500x250, 569K)

A "fine" director doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an excellent or even a good performance from acting talent. A great director knows how to bring out the best of an actor's ability or emphasize their strengths against their weaknesses.

Take an actor like Nic Cage, Jack Black, or even Adam Sandler. They've made plenty of shlock films in their time, but in the hands of the right director they've given some of their best performances, the ones that people look back upon over the other lowlights in their filmographies. "Room" and "Scott Pilgrim" will be more of a highlight in Larson's filmography than "Captain Marvel".

Nah, Captain Marvel was better than either of those.

Attached: envy.png (421x810, 352K)

Is Carol Danvers even liked in her comic run?

Of course, she's one of Yea Forums's favorite characters.

Him and Brandon Routh were the best evil exes by a mile

If they get edgar wright as a director for any superhero movies, I'll watch it.

Is there a vegan Superman edit?

He probably has a chance with DC, MCU probably never after what happened with Antman

Honestly I think she nails Carol perfectly, in the comics Carol is a bitch who has a very high opinion of herself, is very ignorant arrogant and tends to just fly head first at any problem that comes her way, thinking things out is an after thought for her. Brie pretty much nailed this, it’s just people didn’t realize that Carol is kind of a cunt, and not the likable kind.

Well she really has no attachment to Earth after spending all that time with the Kree, solving problems on other worlds gives her a much bigger view than just the petty squabbles of Terrans.