Bob Iger says 'Avengers: Endgame' has clues about the Marvel Cinematic Universe's future films

cnbc.com/2019/05/08/disney-ceo-says-avengers-endgame-has-clues-about-marvels-future-films.html

>On an earnings call Wednesday, Iger teased that the box office blockbuster had quite a few Easter eggs about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>"If you watch, and I hope you did, 'Avengers: Endgame,' there were a lot of clues in that film as to movies that may be coming," Iger said.

>"In announcing our new slate, we announced two or three, maybe three, new Marvel titles but didn't say what they were," Iger said. "Dates without the titles. We obviously know what they are, and there's a lot of speculation online."

>"But Marvel hasn't given me permission to announce today because they want to announce it," he said. "I'm guessing they're going to do so later this summer."

Predictions? Namor seems like a pretty obvious bet now

Attached: 105878275-1556464097884handscropped.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 173K)

Unless I hear "Bob Iger" followed by "Immediately resigns" it's not good news and I don't want to hear it

>that Rocket
when will they learn?

>Namor
What why do you say that? He sucks

They're going off the mention of there being undersea earthquakes.

Too similar to Aquaman movie.

>iger wants you to keep watching endgame to find clues

Robert DaCosta was on a snapped grave stone. Underwater earthquakes. Multiverse seems a thing, so Uatu. Cap left himself mced on the floor after saying Heil Hydra...power vacuum with a lack of government oversight for supers : Thunderbolts?

>Robert DaCosta was on a snapped grave stone

Already disproven.

>Namor seems like a pretty obvious bet now
They should introduce him and Atlantis as a villain in Black Panther 2

That's basically what I was insinuating, yes

I think it's amazing that in these days, we have company CEOs talking about their cape films and continuity in serious business context. Like, stocks depend on it

Yeah bro fuck the guy who gave Feige the reigns of the MCU and out of the control of the shit “”creative committee”” and Perlmutter.

The main things were
underwater earthquakes: Namor
Braddock mentioned by Peggy: Captain Britain
Aged up Cassie: Young Avengers
Sam getting the shield: New Cap movie
Thor setting off: Thor 4
Guardians looking for Gamora: GotG 3

Nigga, Endgame is likely going to surpass Avatar’s worldwide total for highest grossing film in history. The MCU as a whole has helped Disney our immensely over the last few years and offset costly losses from box office bombs. Of course stocks depend on it.

>Sam getting the shield: New Cap movie
Not sure about that one. We've got Falcon and Winter Soldier for Sam

I highly doubt that’s the only place they’re going to pop up especially if it’s critically successful and has a big audience.

MCU isn't all Disney has you know

well Asgardians of the Galaxy was an obvious one. Namor was another. Not sure about the rest.

>But Marvel hasn't given me permission to announce today because they want to announce it
That's sound so nice and sweet for some reasons

Bob Iger isn’t some Michael Eisner tier fuck up you know.

>be stan lee
>always admire walt disney and want to be like him
>co-create the marvel universe
>decades later the mcu is the most profitable thing disney has

It’s nice when dreams come true

He's worse. He's a completely by-the-numbers Comcast executive who has destroyed any artistic quality Disney had left in any field.
Even then he fucked over Hong Kong Disneyland and his entire reign is going to depend on the success of Disney+, so not as far as you think

no one gives a fuck about your DC piece of shit Dkek

I think he's more talking about how Eisner almost led the company to ruin despite having a great start

>Even then he fucked over Hong Kong Disneyland
Come on son, you don't wanna use the theme park argument when comparing Eisner and Iger

Thor and the GOTG basically have to have the next parts of their story together, don't they?

That's specifically why I used the argument. Eisner's entire shitting on is due to Eurodisney and a slight film decline at the end, but he isn't the only one to fail with parks

>due to Eurodisney
There was a lot more failed projects with the parks than that
>and a slight film decline
The decline had effects that lasted almost a decade

I think the Ancient One was talking about the many angled ones when she said an universe without the stones is a universe without defenses

I’d take a “by the numbers” exec that makes smart choices and actually tried improved the parks and film studios than an out of touch hack who fucked up nearly every major project he was associated with. But oh no the great movie ride was shut down so Iger is literally Satan, right? Top fucking kek

>slight film decline at the end

Lmao hi Michael hows it going?

Attached: 0E957ABC-B011-45BB-A586-18FAD542CB1B.gif (400x318, 976K)

Yeah! Why can’t we go back to film classics like Home on the Range or early 00’s California Adventure??

Loki film was confirmed when he escaped with the Tesseract.

No, that's his Disney+ show

>Tesseract controls space
>Next Spiderman movie main plot is about Multiverse shit
You're onto something.
Ah fuck, I just also realized they're going to use Multiverse shit to get away with bringing up dead characters.

Hope you didn't feel too sad about Iron Man.

Attached: Rusty Venture.png (401x505, 153K)

I'm personally hoping that the entire multiverse thing is a ruse by Mysterio

Multiverse is a big part of Marvel lore but more importantly too useful of a reset button to not use.

>Smart choices
Yeah ESPN is going great, Hong Kong Disneyland is not permanently in billions of debt and putting all the eggs in one basket for streaming is a great idea that won't backfire
>Tried improved the parks
I didn't know not having a single non-ip ride to his name truly improved the park
>Improved film studios
Got to love the quality of Pixar and those live action reboots now eh?

It could be that the multiverse part is real, but Mysterio is taking advantage of the fact that no one in THIS universe knows his game to take us all for a ride.

I don't mind if it does come in but I just don't want Mysterio to be screwed out of his being the biggest bullshiter

>Complains about 2000s Disney films when we are in the worst era of quality Disney has ever had
>Complains about 00s California Adventure
>Meanwhile Iger wants to make everything a Midway Mania clone
>Iger directly made Universal Studios a direct competitor by chimping out on Harry Potter by trying to make it a Midway Mania clone but it's ok because Star War Land guyz

>Got to love the quality of Pixar
Now wait a minute, Iger doesn't have anything to do with Pixar's output

Didn't they move a bunch of Pixar staff directly to Disney?

You think Pixar staff wanted Cars 2 and 3?

>There was a lot more failed projects with the parks than that
Almost all of them budget cuts. Even then he provided some great stuff that's iconic to this day
>The decline had effects that lasted almost a decade
You know the difference between his "decline" and now? We had both 2d films before Iger cut them completely and an actually good Pixar.

I think you mean his half-brother or whatever the fuck. Who is the alternate dimension's recast Iron man.

Prove that streaming will backfire. Their reveal was a MASSIVE PR boost.

This only goes to show that Disney higher ups moved their dirty hands from the clusterfuck that is New Wars into the MCU to push their shitty agenda.

That would be fun.
>Throw in Multiverse shit in the trailer to bait people
>People who don't know start losing their minds
>People who know keep running to tell people it's a trick
>It's actually a trick but the post credits shows it's real

Why not? Most of those characters already completed their arcs, little.to work for with them separated

>P-please watch Endgame again to make it pass Avatar

That is absolute what I expect to happen. First credit scene is Sandman and Hydroman complaining about no pay, second one is like Iron man 2020/Kang popping through a portal or something.

What was the easter egg that led you to believe Namor was pretty obvious?

Black Widow's father too.

Ocean earthquakes under Wakanda

There was an offhand line in the movie about weird Earthquakes in the Ocean.

it already did

I think the multiverse thing has more to do with Thanos destroying the quantum van while it was active than with the Tesseract.

>First credit scene is Sandman and Hydroman complaining about no pay
But the leaks say the elementals are just holograms.