The Toonami crew hated this show

>The Toonami crew hated this show
Was it really that bad? I've never seen it. Before my time honestly

Attached: download (2).jpg (254x199, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDllb7oCj4g
youtube.com/watch?v=gIuuPTM3nSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Toonami crew only hated it because they wanted the block to be all anime and Turner was forcing them to include an American cartoon. They also hated ReBoot for the same reason; it threw off the block's anime theming.

The CGI parts sucked but the normal animated stuff was good

It takes the essence of Johnny Quest in putting kids in life threatening situations and modernized it well enough. You had great villains, solid writing, and some really fucked up stuff happening. I think the VR stuff was a solid implementation that was pretty gimmicky but not forced on viewers too much.

I thought it was fucking great, personally.

>The cthulu episode.

Attached: More-Than-Zero-the-real-adventures-of-jonny-quest-29542624-512-384.png (512x384, 292K)

I loved it as a kid, just found the change in animation between the two seasons strange.

The darker/mature looking s1 and the softer/kid friendly s2

>cthulu

You had one job.

They put so much thought and effort into the first season and the second season threw it all out just to make it more like the originals.

lol holy shit i remembered this way better than it actually is

youtube.com/watch?v=zDllb7oCj4g

Turner sounds like quite a good chap.

Attached: C41B03C6-D61C-4638-9035-F7376FD2C5E8.jpg (335x5000, 605K)

Wrong. Toonami was never an anime block. It started out as American action cartoons and had them all through its lifespan.

I don't understand how ReBoot and Beast Wars get so much flak for their animation when shit like THIS and that CGI Voltron series were out at the same time.

Absolute garbage CGI, but everything else about it was pretty good. I'd put it up there with the original.
Lots of creepy stuff in there that you won't find in kid's cartoons in this day and age. Pic related is a vampire lady in mid-transformation. One of the animators snuck in a nipple.
Based Turner giving weebs the finger.

Attached: 1489389537809.png (995x770, 1.2M)

The CGI in RAoJQ does get shat on but it's only a small part of the show; most of it's animated as normal 2D so it's not as big of a deal.
Also most of Yea Forums loves Reboot and Beast Wars; only ignorant zoomers shit on them.

>Based Turner giving weebs the finger.
It wasn't giving anyone the finger. Toonami was just always meant to be an action block and never exclusively an anime block. People just assume it's an anime block because 1)Toonami is what introduced them to the majority of their anime at the time and 2)As western action production slowed down and died anime still had plenty of action shows to pick up the slack.

Attached: megas xlr gurren lagann.jpg (720x480, 82K)

Oh look, it's someone who just watched the Nostalgia Critic Toonami episode and now thinks they're an expert on this subject. Adorable.

Topographic map intro was sick as fuck. I collected the limited edition holographic labels from the spagetti- O's cans. I didn't even care about spagetti-o's.

Not anime, 80s toy cartoons. Toonami was Thundercats and Voltron, then later Robotech. They wanted to have their 80s flashback thing and then they had to deal with this being a part of the whole block.

You have every right to hate the CGI, but I do remember some interviews about the guys who did those segments. The programmers and animators were basically using three computers in a garage in crunch time conditions. It's amazing they made anything resembling decent.

Attached: Dd_FHnkU0AAXYY0.jpg (623x623, 38K)

Not really through, it mostly turned into anime only by around late 98, to 99. It was 80s toy based series before that.

Turner was the one who wanted to have a 24/7 animated channel and wanted to rely on investors rather than commercials to keep them going. When CN became less of that and focused more on newer cartoons to appease advertisers Boomerang was created and followed the same method until it also got new cartoons to appeal to advertisers. At the very least he allowed both channels to run that way when they were at their best.

Attached: wally concerned.png (540x405, 220K)

They pretty much always had at least one or two western shows on the schedule up until the revival. And even during then they went out of their way to scrounge up whatever scraps of western action they could get their hands on like Sym Bionic Titan and Beware the Batman.

You can dig through Jason DeMarco's Ask.FM and the Tumblr Q&As Toonami used to do and they explicitly say plenty of times that it's an action block, not an anime block.

>When CN became less of that and focused more on newer cartoons to appease advertisers Boomerang was created and followed the same method until it also got new cartoons to appeal to advertisers.

Now we need another channel that has old cartoons without being the dump for new shows Cartoon Network hates like current Boomerang.

Based Ezekiel

Attached: Ezekiel_Rage_(season_2).png (1016x767, 943K)

I didn’t see much of that show. Where did the redhead come from?

I loved the show. The artstyle changes half of the time. Sometimes the white haired dad is drawn as a super hot pretty boy

She was also from the original. I dont watch the original tho but I remember Johnny and Haji hiding like pussies the first time they saw her

She was not in the '60s series, but she was in the '80s series.

Yes. For starters, Real Adventures was actually TWO different shows merged together. The first and second season were made by completely different teams with completely different objectives with VASTLY different results in quality. The only reason they aren't two separate Jonny Quest shows is because HB still needed to sell the first season's ugly ass toys.

That said, the majority of the shows defenders are usually defending the shows second season, the one where it was basically classic Johnny Quest. It's the season with the biocomputer, interdimensional invaders, vampires, and the return of Dr. Zin, just to name a few. It's objectively the best part of Real Adventures.

The first season, however, is an amazing dumpster fire that manages to fuck up nearly everything. It's really amazing how smugly stupid it all is, with ridiculous crap like Whalenet, moai AYYS, and fucking depressed werewolves. It's hilariously bad, and that's not even touching the atrocious CGI segments.

If it wasn't for the second season carrying the show, Real Adventures would be as fondly remembered as Stargate Infinity.

Attached: Livejournal,-Tumblr,-etc..gif (400x300, 2.95M)

It was Turner's half-assed attempt to create a Power Rangers franchise. Seriously the damn show premiered on all three Turner channels at once and they had dozens of different products available. It was crazy.

And it all failed.

>It was Turner's half-assed attempt to create a Power Rangers franchise.

That was Captain Planet.

No Captain Planet was Turner trying to educate kids.

Captain Planet (1990)
Power Rangers (1993)

No.

How about that pure kino theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=gIuuPTM3nSc

Attached: pacha XLR.jpg (557x605, 49K)

>It was Turner's half-assed attempt to create an X-Files franchise.

FTFY

Attached: How did they grow wheat underwater.jpg (1156x888, 85K)

Yeah, she first appeared in the 80s update as a character of the week. The two films in the early 90s rebooted the continuity into a mix of the two earlier shows and turned her into Race's daughter.

The Real Adventures came out of that but wasn't nearly as good with a few exceptions. The CG Questworld sequences in particular were a bad idea.

This is the one part I really remember about the series and it still gets me hyped, should I give this a rewatch finally?

>So it is written in the Book of Rage

Poor bastard.

>that episode where they find out the book was blank all along

Never going to happen and if it did it will just end up like nuBoomerang. Kids don't care about old cartoons and adults who care can find the shows online or will just buy Blu-ray/DVD collections.

Back when I was a kid I thought Tom & Jerry and the Loony Tunes shorts would always be on the air. Showed me.

Are you saying Real Adventures is worse than Johnny's Golden Quest/Cyber Insects?

Attached: Golden_Quest_title_card.png (1021x768, 458K)

a reboot of this would be sick

Is this the new Toonami thread since the last one died?

>watched the Nostalgia Critic Toonami episode
Anyone who unironically watches anything the Nostalgia Critic made after 2012 should be put against the wall

In today's climate it would never capture the spirit.

Attached: 1489152048326.webm (720x480, 454K)

Yes but this is about defending Reboot, Beast Wars and Shadow Raiders. Which honestly, are pretty good shows still and the CGI is good, people unfairly call it crap.

>the episodes made by Hanna Barbera are the ones that actually look good
>DIC, not even once