So, according to Mysterio, the MCU is set on earth 616, not 19999

So, according to Mysterio, the MCU is set on earth 616, not 19999.

In this clip he also says he's from earth 833 (In the comics is the world of Spider-UK, which is funny since the film is set in england)

Is this just bullshit from him, or are they seriously relocating the MCU to 616?

youtube.com/watch?v=ps-0CKP2Qpk

Attached: image.jpg (822x421, 20K)

Its just an easter egg, you fucking autist

In Spider-Verse, Miles' unvierse is 1616 (Ultimate) and Peter's is 616. These are adaptations.

It's just a number, dude. For all we know other multiverses could have the MCU being the 5363254 or the 55.2365 universe.

People are being dumb if they'll think universe numerical categorization is going to be the exact same in every single universe with access/knowledge to others.

The movies are not and have never been a part of the marvel multiverse.

Is the character whose entire gimmick is trickery and lying telling the truth, gee I don't know

But it is exactly the same, because the numbers are designated by the Dimensional Development Court.

Multiple universes mean multiple dimensional development courts, user.

The one that pages the comics is different to the one that pages our reality and that one is different to the one that pages the MCU reality as simple as that.

>Sony fucking up

Oh wow I'm so surprised.

It doesn't work like that. They don't come from one single universe.
The Marvel multiverse is "ruled over" by the Ominversal Majestrix, and her organisation assigns numbers for each universe and combats multiversal threats, usually with the help of the Captain Britain Corps.

Well, this one doesn't. How? Why? Because infinite possibilities.

You're making no sense dude.
You're trying to treat multiple unrelated continuities like they're somehow connected, when they aren't.

The MCU is not a part of the marvel multiverse.

Infinite possibilities imply infinite multiverses, yes. I'm glad we finally agree.

So are there any concrete means by which they give a universe its number? Shit like 616 or 1616 just seemed so random to me. Also, how did they handle all of the multiverse getting killed by the Beyonders for funsies a few years back?

>Shit like 616 or 1616 just seemed so random to me

I don't know if there's an "in-universe" explanation, but according to Alan Moore it was literally random, just a number that came to his mind with no particular significance

>Implying MCU is is influenced by the comics this much
>Implying it isn't just a small easter egg and has greater relevance
How has it not gone to people's fucking skulls that the comics and MCU are doing two completely different shit?

>according to Mysterio

Attached: Malekith_FI.jpg (660x330, 137K)

almost everyone is thinking that mysterio is just bullshitting everyone because thats how mysterio is in the comics.

im gonna laugh if what he says is actually all true because the writers knew that people would be guessing this right off the bat.

But then people guess the writers would guess their guess and go in thinking Mysterio is a legitimate good guy and the twist is all for naught.

>almost everyone is thinking that mysterio is just bullshitting
Everyone here. Casual moviegoers don-t even know who he is.

nah, normies know about him now because of all those "do not trust this man" mysterio memes showing up on social media.
at least thats what ive been seeing on facebook recently.

>according to Mysterio
I hope he's not actually from another universe and he's just an extreme bullshitter with the tech to back it up

This is Zutara level denial.
>No, if he's lying that'd be too obvious, look at all the hints that it's a ruse and he's actually a hero exactly like he said

Assuming he actually is from another universe, how exactly did he get into this one? Theories?

Attached: 11900580-unsure-businessman-shrugs-his-shoulders-and-throws-his-hands-in-the-air.jpg (400x253, 14K)