- Team Ninja is handling development

- Team Ninja is handling development
- Marvel Games is providing writing talent, character selections, and watching over authenticity
- Nintendo visited Marvel before the Switch was publicly revealed in order to show them the hardware and plans moving forward
- this presentation convinced Marvel Games to work with Nintendo on the game
- Marvel and Nintendo both wanted to see the Ultimate Alliance series come back
- the series felt like a great fit for Switch due to the multiplayer focus and versatility of Switch
- Marvel Games were huge fans of Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo in general, and always wanted to work with them
- Team Ninja is filled with self-professed Marvel fans
- Marc Sumerak is heading up the writing, and has written numerous Avengers stories in the past
- the story 'rides the line between comics and movies'
- there are also easter eggs and nods to the comics
- the story starts on the Milano with the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Rocket's sensors pick up a reading from a derelict Kree warship
- the Guardians board the ship and come across Nebula, Ronan the Accuser, and Proxima Midnight
- the Infinity Stones are on the ship, and the fight between the two teams sends the stones flying across the universe
- characters are introduced with word graphics featuring names and witty descriptions
- tutorials are brief and folded into fights
- the next chapter takes place on Earth during a prison break at the superpowered Raft

Attached: SW1-noscale.jpg (1240x2008, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

n4g.com/news/153526/samus-and-link-were-designed-for-marvel-ultimate-alliance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

- select characters at the blue S.H.I.E.L.D. points, and choose any combination
- get a Women of Marvel team-up bonus for select an all-female combination of characters
- Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales teaming up gets them a Web Warriors bonus
- multiple attribute bonuses can run at once
- other attribute bonuses include Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Wiscracking Warriors, Femme Fetales, Defenders, Midnight Sons, and more
- each character has a general style of attack and specialty, all of which can be leveled up
- Scarlet Witch can buff her teammates with a radius healing effect
- Daredevil can use radar sense to identify weaknesses
- Rocket and Groot are a single playable character who work together
- Groot will whip enemies with his vines, and then light them up with a Quantum Igniter
- roster features over two dozen characters
- XP Cubes will boost experience quickly when picked up
- you can also use a lower-leveled character with other high-powered choices to boost their XP quicker
- four characters are on-screen at all times
- customize your characters with different abilities and stats
- there's a classic camera option for wide-field view, and 'heroic' camera for an up-close look

- Synergy Attacks are unique ability combos between two heroes
- for example, Iron Man can shoot Captain America's shield to split the laser
- Storm and Thor can create a cyclone together
- these Synergy Attacks feature button prompts that players have to hit together to activate
- Extreme Attacks are activated by both triggers when your EX gauge is full
- this flashes a character portrait on screen, and lets other players join in
- these attacks clear the screen and show a devastating attack
- all four characters using an Extreme Attack at once makes for an Ultimate Extreme, complete with a damage counter
- enemies have all sorts of attacks, and some have a stagger bar that will empty until they're stunned
- there's a boss battle against Electro and Venom that takes place on the Raft prison
- Venom must be lured to sparking hotspots that trigger a sonic alarm, and open him up to attack
- the team is still working on ways to make it easier for the player to keep track of their character in all the action
- the Alliance Enhancement system includes upgrades that apply to your whole team
- these are unlocked through credits and enhancement points, and you must unlock points to gain access to adjacent nodes
- these various points will include ability usage, defensive, or offensive buffs
- you can also focus on individual characters to power them up, and standard leveling opens all 4 primary abilities for a character
- each ability can be improved with ability points that you earn during play
- ISO-8 is an equipable element that lets you tweak a hero's capabilities in a fight
- these can decrease damage taken when health is low, increase HP orbs dropped, , increase stun chances, decrease damage taken by piercing attacks, add shock attributes to an attack, and more
- individual pieces of ISO-8 can be broken into fragments, and then used to upgrade other ISO-8 pieces

- Infinity Trials offer new twists and variations on battles, and will net you rewards for completion
- Infinity Trials are seen as rifts throughout the main story, but you can unlock a menu option for these trials midway through the game
- Infinity Trials are split into groups, and each has a serious of challenges to tackle
- new Infinity Trials open up as you complete previous entries
- there will be rewards in Infinity Trials that can't be gained anywhere else
- Infinity Trials have wave battles, countdown trials that put you against a timer, and ability trials that weaken regular attacks while charging up abilities and synergies
- beating the game once will open up a new difficulty level with better rewards
- carry over alliance enhancements and character levels for your second playthrough
- you can also select the chapters you'd specifically like to replay
- the story is a new take on the Infinity Stones storyline exclusive to the game
- the game will also contain a number of Marvel villains outside of the Black Order
- locations include Shadowland, New York, Avengers Tower, X-Mansion, and many more
- confirmed characters thus far include: Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Daredevil, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Drax, Falcon, Gamora, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler, Rocket & Groot, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Storm, Thor, Venom, Wasp, and Wolverine

>No surprise picks by Team Ninja themselves
Fuck

>No Link and Samus

Attached: it's fucking nothing.png (540x309, 263K)

So this is why there's no Psylocke

>Rocket and Groot are a single playable character who work together

I miss when Rocket and Groot were two different characters.

Crystal and Lockjaw are also a single character.

Well, at least isn't Kamala and Lockjaw.

Cyrstal has control over 4 elements, giving part of her moveset over to a dog is kind of a waste.

Chances Disney ruins this for synergy?
The Marvel roster in infinite was garbage

There’s no Psylocke because she’s garbage.

They have the movie rights now... I'm pretty sure we will have more X-Men and even Fantastic Four with DLC, but right now there are a lot of fans of the MCU too.

The game is already about Thanos lookin for infinity gems with his black order with a bunch of characters who have been in movies being playable, it’s already brimming with synergy. But they also have muties, and inhumies, and guys who’ve only been in netflix shows.

If Team Ninja had their way, the front cover would just be Psylocke, Rogue and Silver Samurai.

Attached: Mvc2-silver-samurai.jpg (550x800, 155K)

I assure you that Nintendo and Koei are the reason Wolverine is front and cover, they want this to sell in Japan.

>Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, AND Miles Morales
Is this really necessary? How much differentiation is there between the three of them?

Miles has Venom Blast and Invisibility. Gwen has the same powers as Peter.

none? disney had no say on mvci development, marvel games did a completely different entity ran by ike the kike

>another marvel game with no classic costumes
fuck this new trend

Ultimate Alliance games usually have lots of alternate costumes.

>game based on Marvel
>BUT MUH NINTENDO NEEDS NINTENDO!
This is why nobody likes you faggots.

You're garbage.

Attached: 175915-psylocke_400.jpg (372x585, 51K)

DLC

I hate this whole era.

She was DLC in the last one too.

I mean what exactly do you want the original 74’ Incredible Hulk wolverine costume which is a lot like the one on the over but without the ears and slightly different colors?

And she was just in XML with none of that bullshit. Last gen was pretty shit about this thing too.

Attached: legend.jpg (1024x768, 46K)

I don't like when they cut shit to put it in DLC.
But just added content after development is over? Im in.

There was like 30 characters in 2?
27 so far confirmed according to OP
I don't mind adding characters after the fact as long as some of them are free and the rest are a reasonable price. I'm not one to buy everything but if my favorite heroes show up I'd throw 3 bucks at them.

This isn't a new trend. Most of the costumes in the first one were heavily inspired by the Ultimate Universe Costumes. The second one's costumes were more directly inspired by the classic costumes but still had a 'realistic' bend to them to compliment the brown and bloom artstyle.

>There was like 30 characters in 2?
23 on launch, 28 when taking DLC in to account.

>90% MCU shit

Stop this.

Gee, I wonder why a Marvel game chooses to include popular Marvel characters.

Are the PS4 ports of the MUA games any good? Do they come with the DLC?

According to wikipedia, 30 characters confirmed.

28 is almost 30.
So we are looking better.

>Hurpa durpa popular
You're not telling us shit we don't know. We GET why it happens but that doesn't make it good. POPULARITY is how Star Lord went from a dryly sarcastic hero with survivors guilt to LOL DUDE BRO C'MON.

Attached: 1343671944217.jpg (827x534, 190K)

>And she was just in XML with none of that bullshit.
Because that was an X-Men game in an era where DLC as we know it literally didn't exist. This is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, not X-Men Legends 3.

A vast majority of the roster is from the other games though.

>an era where DLC as we know it literally didn't exist
One where developers actually gave a shit about game design and not about price gauging retards.

They change 616 capes to 1:1 carbon copy of movie. As after a while it hits the comics and the character is replaced,

Fucking Bendis.

they have yet to confirm alt costumes, I am sure there will be but its not a guarantee
no I would just like costumes from the comics instead of this redesigned shit that spider-man mvci and this game does
mua and mua2 had kind of accurate for the most part costume wise, why are games so afraid to accurate comic costumes

RIP Starlord

The Spidermen are at least good. I'm looking forward to Team Spider. Need a 4th Spider. Scarlet or Jess. Although, worried that they will have Gwen and Pete being too close in play.

Not everyone. Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Mantis, and others are still very different from their movie versions.

It was literally released the same year as horse armor. The game was developed by Activision, you're kidding yourself if you genuinely believe that they wouldn't of released DLC for the game if they had the ability to do so then.

So let's talk alternate costumes. What would you like from the confirmed characters? Let's say 3 each.

Iron Man
>Iron Patriot recolour
>Classic '70s red/gold armour
>Bob Layon-era Silver Centurion armour

Spidey
>Symbiote suit
>Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider suit
>Mk. I armoured suit

Daredevil
>original yellow costume
>Man Without Fear black tracksuit
>'90s black armoured costume

Doctor Strange
>classic costume with the orange gloves
>Defenders costume
>MCU costume

Attached: Iron-Man-armor-Marvel-Comics-Silver-Centurion.jpg (500x814, 99K)

>Psylocke gets in
>It's the new hideous britlocke

New Psylocke?

I think he's referring to this n4g.com/news/153526/samus-and-link-were-designed-for-marvel-ultimate-alliance from MUA on the wii

They undid her body swap so she's not a ninja anymore.

Starlord
>Engelhart Star-Lord getup
>Annihilation-era robo-face
>DnA costume

Spider-man
>2099
>Mayday
>Kaine

Attached: Mayday 2.jpg (988x299, 73K)

They might as well just put in Revanche.

I'm not really seeing how these costumes are any less accurate to the comics than MUA2's. Some of them do have clear inspiration from the movies, but others (like Scarlett Witch's, Gamora's, Miles', Storm's, Venom's, etc) are all pretty clearly taken from the comics.

what bonus do I get if I choose an all male team?

First for Quicksilver

Attached: AE0900DC-1F2D-476E-A2F2-88A1705ACDAC.jpg (286x406, 24K)

So then, she’s not exactly new Psylocke, she’s original Psylocke.

Another interview mentioned that there where a variety of bonuses for various teams.

>characters that were in earlier games
>suddenly bad because they showed up in a movie
KYS

I mean kinda? She's still throwing around psychic knives and shit. So it's kind of a unsatisfying split regardless. Kwannon's back running around in the ninja body but she hasn't really done a whole lot herself either.

The new costume is horrific though and frankly it's just a shit show.

Attached: brit.jpg (778x1226, 175K)

Gwen
>Mayday
>Jess
>Madame Web

Spiderman
>Kaine
>Reilly
>Stealth Suit

Honestly the only characters I feel ride the MCU wave the hardest are the GotG.

Ironfist
>Aja Training
>White Suit
>Daredevil

They are the ones ruined the hardest anyways.

Kamala!

Attached: msmarvel.jpg (700x600, 63K)

a shit

She just decapped Joseph in Uncanny X-Men. Everybody was looking right at him, and she did the old "dash faster than sight" deal, and cut his shit off in passing. He was dead before they even knew she was there. Bitch is full ninja now.

Gwen and Miles should be alts.

When did Wolverine's claws move back to the top of his fist from between the knuckles?

>not XML3

No buy

Attached: 1539119519518.jpg (960x720, 117K)

I would like a more scaled back focused idea like that. Really load it up with X characters, build a mansion up more. Be nice.

>already over 2 dozen characters confirmed

g-guys, I'm getting worried, h-he's gonna be in right?!

Attached: cyclops.jpg (372x687, 90K)

I can't believe they didn't announce a collector's edition for this. I wouldn't mind having an art book.

The X-Men Legends games were the best Diablo-likes I've played

Kwannon killed Joseph, not Betsy. Kwannon got the ninja body back. Betsy is getting it on with blob in an alternate reality.

No u

Joseph being back and evil is also a pisser. "Oh lets go out of the way to redeem Magneto be sure to shit on Joe all the way doing it."

Don't get your hopes up, we never got a Nioh artbook even though it sold well and people were bugging Koei Tecmo about it on Twitter.

Sorry bub, he won't be.
Hasn't been in any Marvel movies, popularity dropping in general.

spider-girl is miles better than miles or gwen, i've never been a fan of affirmative action heroes

Mayday can at least carry a book. Those other characters can have as much hype as they want, when push comes to shove the series getting constant rebrandings is all the evidence we need.

Attached: 100.jpg (456x700, 99K)

>never liked the guardians
>dont like the movies either
>always cringe when i hear anything regarding guardians

>2099
>Mayday
Based

>not the most cape Nintendo character of all

Attached: Captainfalcon.png (244x437, 98K)

Venom
>Ultimate
>Gargan
>Flash Space Knight

Thor
>Beta Ray Bill
>King Thor
>MCU Ragnarok/Infinity War

Hulk
>Grey Hulk
>Red Hulk
>Worldbreaker

>there's no Psylocke

You know the new rules
No leotards allowed in comics, games or movies

Then go play Smash, Nintoddler

I hope we get at least a bit of art out of this, Team Ninja has some really good artists and character designers at their studio.

Attached: Okatsu Concept Art.jpg (1456x1070, 214K)

All the more reason they should have Psylocke

Sooo.. the handful of issues they each were in before Giffen brought them back together?

No Poole, no buy.

Attached: Dp7-Uu2UwAE82TH.jpg (827x1169, 213K)

MCU Quill has a fucked up life though, his loss is just more personal.

Fuck off, meme shit.

he's also a douche bag idiot.

Is it just me, or does the Kamala model in this game look exactly like this model?

Attached: 1550142063085.webm (1000x563, 2.62M)

Who exactly is the demographic for this

I hope Mantis is the shop owner. There's no reason to exclude her from the GOTG at this point.

Attached: 1525728606967.gif (268x320, 1.03M)

This is fuck awful and you should be ashamed for sharing it.

Might be a skin for Dead.
They are the same character after all

I honestly don't know why I watch this to the end every time.

Attached: 1511789526.png (1280x877, 129K)

>Wolverine, Storm and Nightcrawler
>instead of adding Cyclops to complete the X-men team they add his retarded clone from Inhumans
They could've pick anyone else like Colossus or Ice-Man if they didnt want Cyclops in

Attached: 1499986981823.png (500x375, 320K)

>Samus
>in a game with the Team Ninja logo on it
Quiet, you might trigger her autistic fanbase

Miles
>Into The Spider Verse suit
Venom
>Zombie Venom
>Anti-Venom
>2018 movie suit
Wolverine
>Weapon X suit
>X Force suit
>Old Man Logan / LOGAN 2017
Iron Man
>2099 suit
>MCU IW/EG Suit
>Iron Man #200 suit
Spider-Man
>Black suit
>PS4 suit
>Superior suit

>Storm and Thor can create a cyclone together
This pleases the shipfag in me.

>Giant and Vore fetish with Kal
Delete

Attached: 1557354422234.png (605x473, 65K)

>If you let me in the game I'll show you my tits.

Attached: 1557258768583.jpg (585x1148, 416K)

Wait? Crystal is a Cyclops clone?

Attached: tumblr_oci1y8sMPA1r9u466o1_540.jpg (540x762, 134K)

None because it would be unbalanced.

It's a huge waste.

I'm hoping that Lockjaw is just a short ranged teleporter for Crystal, the way that Deadpool and Nightcrawler did in earlier games

One of Venom's outfits should be Anti-Venom.

He’s definitely in. You can spot his optic blast coming from the X-Mansion during the Sentinel Attack level in the first trailer.

God fuck this game, fuck modern marvel, and fuck gigacunt with the bad do called "Captain" Marvel.