The latest american dad episode was fantastic! Can we talk about it? How can this show manage to stay great like this?

The latest american dad episode was fantastic! Can we talk about it? How can this show manage to stay great like this?

Attached: IMG_20190508_215236.png (1764x951, 964K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playboy_After_Dark
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am definitely a fan, loved how it’s embraced its surreal side during the TBS seasons

let us appreciate the jazz user

It was like a Twilight Zone reboot episode except not absolute fucking garbage.

[Slight Chin Bobbing Intensifies]

>[Slight Chin Bobbing Intensifies]
>Slight Chin
>Shin Chin
>Shin Chan

Oh shit! I forgot how funny Shin Chan is! I gotta get out of this thread and back to Yea Forums!

Attached: D6EYGjFWAAISNKX.jpg (1011x550, 73K)

Alistair Covax did nothing wrong, he just wanted a perpetually nice party.

Attached: D6EYGjFXkAUOTsQ.jpg (1014x544, 72K)

You will never read
"I loathe Lucy"

That whole scene with the static flowing in like water felt so inspired, and the whole time in the episode the mystery kept me intrigued. What a nice watch.

How much more prominent will Tuttle get?

he's been in like every episode of this new season

>Alistair Covax
Is that an anagram or a reference? Covax might be a referring to Ernie Kovacs but I have no real idea why they'd mention him. Alistair means something like Man Repellant so that might be a demon reference or something.

It was basically The Ring, Candle Cove and Stay Tuned combined, but the writers managed to also make it its own thing. Best episode so far this season.

Alistair is almost definitely a reference to Alistair Crowley, a famous occult figure. Kovax, I dunno.

I like Tuttle. Stan never developed a group of friends/peers to play off of like Peter did. They tried with that grey haired coworker who never developed a personality and they really tried with Buckle, but it never caught on. Tuttle seems to work as a foil/sidekick for Stan and it's good to see him having stories teamed up with someone that isn't a member of the family for a change.

may as well get the most they can out of Kind's paycheck

I liked the Lake episode they did with him

>ywn be trapped in a monochromatic 1960s dimension and be forced to smoke, drink, listen to jazz and engage in inane conversation for all eternity

Don't forget the maids. Who looks like she's slightly pissed off but never talks. I wonder how they got there

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't rerun the same episode over and over again, so you had to endure the same 1 hour loop of material for all eternity.

I LOVED the Nighthawks Hideaway. Fav in a long time.

>may as well get the most they can out of Kind's paycheck

I won't be satisfied until Richard Kind plays Chooch from Top Cat at least ONCE. He sounds just like him. He was born to voice that character. We FINALLY got Brad Garrett to voice Eeyore, we just need Kind to fulfil HIS destiny, now.

Attached: untitled.png (205x245, 85K)

you know, that's a good point. Stan's work friends never really got developed other than one trait each- if they even show up for more than one episode-, the Mamari's got all of one mention in the past decade, Buckle hasn't been around in forever, Greg hasn't been seen much now that Terry is gone, and Roger is pretty much every other random character. It's nice to have a recurring companion character for a change.

The scripting and story flow were really well done (with only the pointless baby Roger subplot getting in the way, but I get a feeling they had to do that). Episodes like this are WAY better than something like last week's meme episode, "LOL I'M GOING BANANAS LOL!" This one had a lot of substance.

Corvax suggests corvo, meaning crow, and crows are traditionally considered spooky birds (partly because they eat carrion so there's a death connection).

Shit, misread Covax as Corvax, my bad.
Covax just sounds evil I guess.

Why isn't there an actual talk show that takes place in the middle of a chill party?

>Why isn't there an actual talk show that takes place in the middle of a chill party?

There was. Nighthawks Hideaway was a parody of Playboy After Dark

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playboy_After_Dark

Attached: untitled.png (741x490, 326K)

I would swear to god that I've heard that name before

That actually could be the train of thought that led to Covax from "Crow"ley.

In the latest episode of American Dad, Roger mentions The Green Burrito. If you don't know what it is, it's a chain partnered with Carl's Jr. The thing is that Carl's Jr does not exist on the eastern side of the US, where the show takes place. They have an identical restaurant called Hardee's and they are partnered with Green Burrito's twin, Red Burrito.
Everyone who works on this show is clearly from the western US (probably California) and not a single person caught this mistake. Anyone else interested in little fuck ups like this?

Attached: 1557289026869.png (876x1016, 1.15M)

>t. Klaus

It's OK. Commiefornians have to wait 6 hours to get into the one Dunkin Donuts in their whole shitty state, so we'll call it even.

Krispy Kreme is superior.

noone cares about dunkin donuts over here. thats a majority east coast thing

>The latest american dad episode
It was pretty terrible. Heck almost all the eps this season have been a dumpster fire.
Even the B plots in the episode are complete trash

You're a fuckin liar

Nobody goes to dunkin for the donuts homie its all about the coffee and shit. Breakfast sandwiches too.

Imagine having shit taste like the man I'm replying to.

Attached: 1556145824744.gif (339x336, 1.31M)

Don't forget the sound design, I feel like that was top notch and really helped to sell the concept in this.

You’re the world’s most perfect fool

Oh right after looking at the wikipedia I have to say last season was also terrible. I thought they were one and the same season since they aired new episodes right after the last season or whatever.
Last season was terrible and it might be too early to say this season is awful but from what they've aired so far my assessment is probably gonna stay the same. Steve as a umpire was mildly amusing but the shit with the jeans, swingers BANANAS randumbness, and twilgiht zone tv hopping is down there with the series' worst.

Attached: Blank+_67c483d38e5dc7bb8826e614e72ec9f6.jpg (960x777, 80K)

Oh, that's weird. I guess that's why I never understood why anyone bothered with it. Their donuts are so generic. Why not go to a Starbucks or Tim Hortons if you just want coffee and a sandwich?

>How can this show manage to stay great like this?
These last few seasons were real stinkers.

>Pretending to be retarded on the internet

Attached: 1524270104769.jpg (500x265, 19K)

Tim hortons is dead and Starbucks is overpriced. You go to local chains for donuts. But I'm also not a big coffee person so.

I'm not fan of Tuddle either. Don't get me wrong there have been worse characters, but I don't think he can move a olot along as well as others.

When Lewis spoke, it was god damn gold every time.

Attached: 8r8ysqzuvmh11.jpg (2078x1472, 276K)

Dunkin has sucked ever since they tried to compete with Starbucks by adding specialty sandwiches and elaborate café drinks and fuckin hasbrowns that have to be cooked, etc.

Dunkin's donuts are generic, but the APPEAL was that you could get in and out of there FAST. "Coffee and a dnonut". Bam, on your way in like 2 minutes. But now you have to wait for the barista that's always working by themselves to make some cocksuckers mocca frappe no foam s.o.y. skim non dairy iced faggachino with a breakfast quiche Sammy and a side of hashbrowns. Now the line always goes out the door and it takes 20 minutes to get your coffee and donut.

Lewis was great until they started to overuse him. I'm afraid they're going to do the same thing with Tuttle and he's going to go from funny to obnoxious the way Lewis did.

Just popped in here to let you know your reply convinced me to check out the episode. Cheers!

My man I'ma be straight with you, I had dunkin's breakfast sandwiches and hashbrowns for breakfast a lot a few years ago when I was working mad early and that ham and cheese with hashbrowns was unironically tasty. Also I apparently don't go to ones at times where everyone else does.

He's been in every episode this season

I've noticed a trend with original AD fans absolutely HATING the new seasons. What's up with that?

>I've noticed a trend with original AD fans absolutely HATING the new seasons. What's up with that?

Go back and watch the first 3 or so seasons of AD. It was just whining about Bush and Republicans for 22 minutes every episode. The show doesn't do that anymore and hasn't in a long time, so a lot of the OG fans who got into the series for the Republican bashing feel betrayed that it didn't continue on with that premise.

Hey no problem friend, I'm glad! Definitely let me know what you think when you're done!

Attached: ad.png (601x342, 62K)

>I've noticed a trend with original AD fans absolutely HATING the new seasons
>so a lot of the OG fans who got into the series for the Republican bashing
By new seasons he's talking about the TBS shit you retard. I wouldn't say all of TBS AD were bad but there's been a notable drop in quality for the past few years.

I've been a fan since jump and I've LOVED most of the TBS episodes

But what don't you like? Because the divide in general opinions from what I've seen is specifically in the direction the comedy has taken, now that it's more surreal and wacky people who liked the original style usually dislike it, while others who like this style are drawn to it, like myself, and can't understand the hate for this change. That's what I've noticed.

>now that it's more surreal and wacky
I gotta say this is one of my main gripes with the show now. I was watching some random episode and for no reason whatsoever Tuttle appeared with a bunch of mini clones of himself. It really had nothing to do with the plot of the episode and it was just interjected in there to be surreal. There's a lot of these weird incoherent scenes now that just remind me of family guy's cutaway gags. or just the mannerism of some of the characters getting totally out of whack like when Stan is begging barry to give his opinion on his rocky relationship with Francine in the opening hanging onto his every word.

This is the greatest Twilight Zone episode that never was.
What the hell?

Who wrote this?
No seriously, literally WHO? A guest writer or something?

Attached: recoil in horror.png (382x318, 165K)

I've watched most AD episodes and have been a casua fan for a while but this change of direction consolidated me as a true fan who tunes in for every new episode when they air, which is crazy.
I understand your gripe, and there's really nothing I can say to defend my position as it literally comes down to taste. It's a different brand of comedy, and as you can see from this thread other anons agree that it is a good one for them. I'm sorry it's not the style you liked and is a different direction though. But I can say that it is done masterfully, it knows what it wants to be and owns that, and I 100% insist there is no decline in quality, only a change in style here.
I know right?? I mean I already liked the previous episodes and the ones before that but this one felt truly great, the atmosphere and pacing specifically. Yeah the B plot was a bit weak and forced and the comedy didn't quite shine like the other episodes but it made up for that big time in my opinion.

oh neat

I don't know about him, he's a strange addition but it's not been bad so far

>the Mamari's got all of one mention in the past decade

Tuttle's notes indicated that they're now trapped in Nighthawk's Hideaway.