He seems legit to me. Why would he lie? What would his big plan be?

He seems legit to me. Why would he lie? What would his big plan be?

Attached: B68DAA91-37E8-4F37-8242-771E7FB30BAD.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

>why would Mysterio lie

Attached: 1557341330358.gif (230x227, 3.14M)

Try asking here

>shilling your own reddit thread

His entire powerset is deception, illusion and misdirection.

Attached: Hey_anon._Whatchu_thinkin.png (620x545, 475K)

>everything is reddit

t. mysterio

Yes because we need multiple threads discussing the same thing

Does anyone else not want to see Jake Gyllenhaal play a villain?

Attached: 1556946590959.gif (235x180, 1.94M)

Why would mysterio, whose entire schtick is deception, lie...?

Young Gyllenhaal could play an innocent hero. Older Gyllenhaal seems a little too jaded.

>this bait for the next 3 months

is there a mirror for that video from yesterday?

Innocent until proven guilty.

So were the Skrulls and look at what happened

I think no one does. That explains all the fan theories anyway.

Skrulls always had higher tech for other purposes, its alien super science. Changing shapes is also not solely about deception, there are tactical/martial advantages as well. Fighting a shape shifter isnt hard just because they can look like other things.

Mysterio literally has one power: illusion. He makes you believe fake shit is happening.

>they didn't went with actual practical effects mysterio route

The most convincing lies are the ones that have a slice of truth to it. He’s from another reality but not a hero

Retards from Yea Forums only have it half right

He's not from another reality but he is a hero

watch nightcrawler

>Plot twist: Mysterio turns out to actually be a good guy, gets his own movie, then turns bad later on

Attached: I kind of want it.png (374x326, 21K)

I wouldn't be against the idea of him being a hero but him being a hack is what makes him fun.

It's not original but having him being a sort of Rango/the circus bugs from Bug's Life sort of thing where he can't fight for shit but tricks and outsmarts villains into believing he would be a threat would be neat.

MCU uses the comics more as a source of inspiration rather than actual influence anyway so making him not accurate to the comics is a bit too late of a complaint after all the stuff they've done.

Did I hear Thunderbolts?

Oh hey user, you seem like a sharp fella who's on the up and up. I might have a business proposition for you. You and me, we're gonna make tons of money.

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA 616
BOOYAKA BOOYAKA I'M A LIAR

Geez could it possibly be to get access to Shield resources?

Is this meme some kind of viral marketing?

I'm just waiting for tons of gadgeteer villains throwing around reverse engineered and stolen Stark Tech, with Tony dead it would be a perfect opportunity. It would be a great way to meld Pym into the avengers as their counter tech hero, and eventually they can bring (presumably alternate timeline) stark back played by another actor, now with an established rogues gallery to fight.

He's been good playing realistic characters that are more villainous than most of the rest of the MCU antagonists, but fall short of the operatic stuff that really defines comic book villains. My bet is that the film is gonna play on that sort of acting strength, and he'll be another dangerous career criminal mastermind, but still with fairly conventional and relatable motives and morals (besides crime), essentially akin to Vulture.

Then again, that's just based in my hope that the more street level hoods connected to spider man will be permitted to be more fleshed out. Disney apparently has stipulations that heigh threat villains not be made sympathetic, because they presumably don't want any shadow of a doubt that they're supporting horrible things, because that would make people think too hard about what Disney is supporting.

money, dear boy

What if Mysterio becomes an Avenger

>He's a hero but the twist is he's still a illusionist/hack
>mfw They essentially just make him into Booster Gold
How would people feel about this?

Attached: Impressed Aryan.gif (500x211, 439K)

And everyone expects him to be lying about being from another Earth. Reminder that he won't be fooling just the characters, but the audience. He can't do that if he does exactly what you expect.

>lol he lame
Except for the dedicated Tumblr which also dubs as Mysterio/Spidey shipposting.

I know, OP. He seems like a pretty standup guy.
That face wouldn't lie to us.

I think he is from an alt earth, but they are fighting real mysterio from our earth

The Avengers movies never made Loki trick anyone and he's the god of bullshit.
Mysterio is just full of it.

I know nothing about Mysterio but im getting that he is some kind of scam artist? How does that work against super powered spidey?

Except for his multiple fake deaths.

Literally how? Let alone the comics not even from the cartoons or games?

i dont follow the comics and never played the games.

Messing with Spidey's head either through illusions, drugs, hypnotism and so on. He doesn't "fight" him in a traditional sense as much as just fuck with him. However he knows engineering and shit so every now and then he'll use robots and explosives.

What fake deaths? There was only the one in TDW and you had to be daft to fall for it. As it was happening I could only think "Oh, no, Loki is dead for real and this is absolutely not a trick!"
The only other time he seemingly died is in Thor, and a) It's not a trick of his, and b)They show him post-credits.

Now I'm wondering how you got into Spider-Man in the first place.

My guess would be the Raimi movies or the many , many cartoons.

Well I have watched every movie that comes out and now I visit the threads. I also like Jack Gyllenhall a lot so I was excited to see what the Yea Forums anons had to say about the guy he plays.

How silly of me. I forgot the Raimi movies was a huge gateway for a lot of people.

People on this board are seriously so fucking micro-brained.
He's not a fucking compulsive liar, he doesn't lie just for the fun of it, and he wouldnt make up such a hugely unbelievably extravagant lie to be so easily caught in for not fucking reason. WHY IS HE LYING is different from WHY IS HE A LIAR you fucking brainlets. So many threads on this and fucking nobody can answer the damm question.

i don't know about you but this mysterio guy looks super trustworthy

The guy has big egyptian eyes holding his cape and he calls himself Mysterio.
Yeah, pretty trustworthy to me.

Literally the Incredibles plot line, complete with monsters only he can destroy. Why? Money, fame. Fill in a power vacuum with so many heroes missing and not many stepping up. It's pretty the fucking plot of FFH, Spidey stepping up.

Wtf is this 616 or not?

He can do some weird bad guy characters. Bizarre seeing him in this kind of role though.

>Be given a trailer and a few minutes' worth of scenes
>WHY CAN'T ANYONE EXPLAIN THE MOVIE TO ME
This is (You).

That's what everyone was thinking the second we saw Mysterio, that plan works WITHOUT the multiverse lie. Why lie about something so wild, it makes no sense.

No, why cant you defend your own claim. You're saying he's a lying about this, why. If your defense is seriously that there isnt enough information to defend your claim then dont fucking make the claim.

Your claim is that the character who is famous for lying and deception is not lying and deceiving. I guess it makes sense in your head, but that's pretty much the only place.

I 2nd this if you don't think Jake can be a villain watching this movie.

Watch Enemy while you're at it.
Great fucking movie.

He's Mysterio
Trying to pull a bunch of increasingly larger lies that collapse on his ass is... exactly his shtick

"Why didn't you help stop Thanos if you have powers?"

*sweats*
"M-m-m-ultiverse...."

It's not hard bro.

>"I have come to cosplay as Thor, but my costume is like way totally better because I watched Tron: Legacy like a thousand times."

Because Mysterio is a fucking con artist you moron.

>"We will save the universe Peter, by building a log cabin in the middle of a shopping mall. Don't argue with the great Mysterio. My ways are cool and go well with rap music in the background."

>*confidently* "but i was! i even called out to you but didn't respond"
>"ah sorry for that mr. bowlhead"
I mean he has to be a good liar if all this multi-verse shodoodle is a scam.

>"The glowing lights on my suit are because the space police pulled me over and insisted I install warning lights in my costume. So I'm not a safety hazard at night darting around."

I mean if he just wanted to be an efficient con artist he wouldnt larp as an emerald wizard with a seyance bulb around his head to begin with.

What? The multiverse is real, its that he is Shitposting: The Villain so no one gives any credence to anything he says because that would be foolish to trust even one thing out of the mouth of someone who's entire repertoire consists of Illusion and trickery. Stupid, some would say.

This is a world in which a man with electricity powers uses them to rob banks. Spider-Man villains are fucking idiots.

>Be Max Dillon
>one day working on power line
>weathers bad
>"fuckthisshit.jpeg"
>Your girlfriend is out getting all 13 inches of tyrone while you pay the bills
>depressed, working on the line
>you hear thunder
>"ohshit.png"
>Get struck
>Wake up hours later, still alive
>Discover that you now have the miraculous ability to violate the laws of physics by spontaneously generating infinite amounts of electrical energy from nothing at a whim
>you can also become living energy and transfer yoursel through conductors like wires to travel at the speed of light
>This incredible world changing power that could be used to power up miracle batteries for entire cities for years at a time for billions of dollars each time, power energy propulsion systems and help nasa explore the solar system, conduct experiments to further medicine and understanding of the world around you
>could work with the governments of the world to conduct safe information surveillance and gather intel to crush terror cells saving lives, all for a comfy income and be remembered as a national hero
UNGA BUNGA ME ELECTRO AM FUCK UP WELLS FARGO

Attached: 30c2a4e725c56bb195505909e4ac0628.jpg (1260x972, 322K)

I don’t want to solve the world’s problems, I want money.

What actor doesn't want to jump on the MCU money bandwagon?

Attached: a noble goal.jpg (599x707, 91K)

You could make a lot more money in totally legit ways than robbing banks and getting your shit kicked in by Spider-Man, though.

>Loki never tricked anyone
>that time he faked his death in Thor
>that time he faked his death in Thor 2
>that time he tricked shield and the avengers into fighting a hulk
>time he tricked Asgard into thinking he was Odin
>tricked Odin into thinking he was crazy
>tricked thor by becoming a snake
>him and his brother tricked those guards with “get help”
>that time he tricked most of the real world he died in infinity war
>time he tricked us into thinking theres only one Loki on the loose in Endgame
>that time he tricked me into responding to bait
Im on to you Loki

Attached: 142DC526-46A5-4E9E-A30A-DEEF213EA3C4.gif (420x420, 496K)

I don’t want to do that, I just want to take money and spend it, I’m not a smart man.

Like I get why people spend all this time thinking of better ways to use powers, but who gives a shit, half these guys are literally retarded gods. They don’t give a shit what makes sense. We can keep playing this game if you want though. I mean, even Magneto calls Electro out on being stupid.

Mysterio is likewise equally as stupid. Spends who knows how much on complex illusions and misdirections to cover up his caper, usually gets foiled.

He did still tell the truth sometimes. He didnt bullshit literally every word. Someone being a liar doesnt make them a compulsive constant liar.

I wouldn't say Mysterio is stupid, he just lets his ego get in the way too often.

How many spot the subtle casting gag?

Mysterio is played by a guy who played Loki.

Yes but why is everything a lie, if everyone expects everything to be a lie?

the real twist is going to be Fury is secretly Chameleon

^

I mean idk bro, why does Rhino have smash stuff? This isn’t DC, we aren’t reinventing the wheel.

>telling the truth sometimes equates to never tricking someone
Dammit Loki I aint fallin for it

he really is alt mysterio its just that they wouldnt be so buddy buddy with him if he wasnt a hero

>he's legit but at some point in the movie 616 mysterio kills and replaces him and continues with the bluff to advance his own plans

give a nigger a link

It's gonna be like this:

Mysterio is correct about alternate universes By accident. They exist, and he thinks he's from one, but he isn't.

His whole shtick is self-delusion and delusions of grandeur.

If the whole hero thing is just a big con, than I think one of the interesting thing about this mysterio
is that he my actually wants to be a hero instead just want money and fame. Because this time, he's not try to frame Peter to be a villain or kill all the other heroes so he can be the only one. If his con succeeded, then
he would actually be joining with other heroes, team up to fight villain and all kinds of threat that are not his creation, witch will make him actually a hero but with lots of danger, so his con is not just for the money it seems

>he puts the whole planet at risk in order to hang out with the cool kids
Sounds like he had a rough childhood.

Is there video of mysterigger saying this is 616?

>Everything I Don't Like is Reddit/Tumblr

Smells like reddit to me.