Why didn't they force Tony to make the choice of sacrificing his daughter to bring back those who were dusted...

Why didn't they force Tony to make the choice of sacrificing his daughter to bring back those who were dusted? It could have mirrored Thanos's sacrifice of Gamorra.

Attached: thanos-snap-1158073-1280x0.jpg (1280x718, 92K)

>Trading lives

Attached: Not on my watch.jpg (618x412, 36K)

And why would you like that mirrored? this isn't geometry

Cap wouldn't allow it

Because Nebula didn't tell them about the Sacrafice shit, and the audience wouldn't be attached to some shitty child actor dying midway into the film.

huh, it's almost like Thanos sacrificing other people makes him a bad guy and Tony sacrificing himself makes him a good guy

I mean as an alternative to "ACTUALLY CHANGING THE PAST DOESN'T AFFECT THE FUTURE!!"
There are multiple parallels drawn between Tony and Thanos in IW

>I mean as an alternative to "ACTUALLY CHANGING THE PAST DOESN'T AFFECT THE FUTURE!!"
Multiverse theory is a legitimate form of time travel. It's not out of their asses

>legitimate form of time travel
no such thing

If thanos sacrificed himself for the soul stone, he knew of no one else who'd have the will and strength to do what he did.

given that choice, Tony would've sacrificed himself anyways, faggot

Nebula didn't even know about a sacrifice being needed. All she knew was that Thanos killed her sister on Vormir. Considering all other stones could simply be picked up once located, there's no reason anyone would jump to conclusion that the soul stone came with extra requirements.

good thing you don't write these movies, that would be fucking stupid and is the obvious outcome

Did you even watch the movie? It was already mirrored. Tony was unwilling at first to try time travel and prevent the dusting out of fear he would erase Morgan out of existence. He was unwilling to sacrifice his kid’s life, unlike Thanos.

Because marvel heroes are actually heroes. You are kind of a psycho if you would want to do that

Because unlike Thanos Tony would rather trade himself for the people he loves

It did make Tony's sacrifice hollow. He didn't save the lives lost in the five years after the snap.

well it has the least ammount of stakes since it won't affect your past, preset, and future. It'll only make branching realities

No but he persevered them
My boi Thanos was finna resnap

>"we don't trade lives"
>Loses
>trade lives
>Win
Goddamnit Captain.

He did sacrifice her -- that is, the rest of the life he could have had with her. Plus as pointed, Thanos sacrificed someone else because he's actually self-centered, no matter how noble he presents himself as.

Lol you just hate iron man or what?

you mean no one crazy enough to believe his stupid plan was good

better question. if he sacrificed nebula, would it have worked? did he ever love her?

The point of the Clint and Natasha scene was to contrast with Thanos's scene by showing that both of them would rather sacrifice themselves than let the other die. Any of the Avengers in that situation would have acted the same.

>did he ever love her?
As much as an purple alien can love their toaster.

Because the mark if a true hero is sacrificing HIMSELF to save others, not sacrificing another. This still parallels Thanos.

BECAUSE it would mirror Thanos’ sacrifice of Gamora, you dumb slut. The very through-line of this movie is how heroes approach the idea of sacrifice far differently than Thanos did. Thanos was asked to sacrifice the woman he had raised and tended to for 20 years, and he did it against her will, with little hesitation. Hawkeye and Black Widow were faced with a similar choice, and instead fought to be the one to voluntarily sacrifice their life for the other, and for the good of everyone else. Tony sacrificing his daughter who is too young to understand that choice enough to agree to it would be a slap in the face to everything the Avengers are that Thanos isn’t.

Of course he loved her. Why else would he work so hard on upgrading her?

>that's not how this fictional thing would work in real life
Hah

Alright, I'm out

To make his initial investment not go to waste.
>no doujin of thanos turning nebula into a sexbot in order to make her earn back all the resources he put onto her

why didn't they all get in thanos' ass?problem sovled

No room left.

thanos has a buttplug for this exact scenario you fool

what do you think he did with her biological parts after replacing them?

Because Tony Stark is a true superhero

Attached: DSll8Y8WkAE39-D.jpg (500x457, 43K)

captain marvel should've done the snap. She would've survived it.

Attached: cm1.jpg (600x848, 385K)

It was actually mirrored by Hawkeye and Widow, but the difference being they each wanted to sacrifice themselves for the other.

I-Is Supes taking a page from Gordon's book here or what?

I would commit crimes if that were the case.

Attached: zapewiaohrrvieuh.gif (703x567, 909K)

Avengers sacrificed themselves because they're heroes. Thanos is a self serving cunt so he sacrificed others.

It's not Tony's fault that the only person you care for is Gamora, Thanos.

fed them to his space dogs, in front of her

>Gamora takes on the Avengers with the infinity gauntlet

Is it bad that I want to see how that would have played out?

>Why didn't they force Tony to make the choice of sacrificing his daughter to bring back those who were dusted?
Are you seriously going to pretend that MCU Tony would ever make that decision willingly? He was adamant that the stones *not* be used to undo the last five years(and thus his daughter). If it's between her and half the universe, he'd pick her. The only reason he went with it the plan is because there was a workaround.

NO YOU STUPID FUCK

THAT NEVER PASSES FOR TONY'S MIND BECAUSE HE KNOWS TIME TRAVEL DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

NOW GO SEE THE MOVIE AGAIN UNTIL YOU GET IT

It does mirror Thanos. Thanos was willing to sacrifice others but not himself to get what he wanted; Tony does the opposite: sacrificing himself to save everyone.

Because Tony was a weak man unable to make the hard choices that could save everyone. While Thanos was strong and willing to make the hard choices that he believed would save the universe.

Honestly, I think the opening sequence of End Game makes it pretty clear he doesnt care if he lives or dies so long as his plan is complete. The only difference is that Thanos doesnt trust anyone else (mirroring Tony from an earlier part in his character arc)

>*Tony was a smart man who made the right choices.
>*Thanos was crazy
ftfy

Makeup artists and/or colorists fucked up that shot, it looks like he's wearing Joker lipstick or something.

Mephisto pls

Shoulda been Clint.

Too bad no one in the audience cares about either of them.

Black widow dying is actually based and incredibly empowering for women because it shows how much more competent, tactical, and skilled she is than Hawkeye when she overcomes him and kills herself first

Attached: 83cf4539a5dd4f539c055dc188ab9674.jpg (941x155, 22K)

Same reason why you can't Unsnap the people who sacrifice themselves to get the Soul Stone. They wanted a way to undo these deaths but didn't want it feeling cheap. Thus the world has to live with the societal and economic issues left from five years of missing their loved ones who weren't lucky with the coin toss and turned to dust. You want to take a guess how many people come back to life only to discover that the people they loved and want to comfort wound up eating a shotgun or hung themselves?

Some will probably mention that fucking with time would just mean you Unsnapped people in a new branch reality but I'm inclined to think that the Infinity Stones are so ingrained into the fabric of reality that they really could cheat. Time normally abhors changes and Mordo and Wong were right; the Time Stone breaks time because the Stone forces changes that shouldn't otherwise be possible. Same reason they didn't want the Stones to stick around in the main universe. In order to preserve the drama and ensure that villain actions have painful consequences and make it feel like the movies weren't cheaply undone the writers/directors went with this method.

And really it doesn't have quite as much punch if Hulk uses the glove and suddenly the scene jumps back to Infinity War with Thanos snapping his fingers and...suddenly he unsnaps them. Nothing happens. Nobody turns to dust. He starts to say, "What the fuck-" only for Thor to take his advice and go for the head. Then they all share a hearty laugh except for Scarlet Witch who is still all, "MY ROBOT BOYFRIEND IS DEAAAAAAAD," so they ditch her and take their Wakandan friends out for shawarma. Okoye quips that she hopes they get a shawarma joint along with that Starbucks.

Yeah, it just doesn't work as well.

It's funny how the Russos deliberately mirrored the sacrifice for the Soul Stone scene for the heroes while Thanos mirrored the heroes own horror as he watches his own forces turn to dust. Hell, pretty sure they reused the same music for those scenes, too.

>expecting Disney to literally kill a little kid on screen and have it be permanent
You retards have the dumbest expectations from this company sometimes.

People seem to forget that Thanos had the gauntlet that the avengers made. Tony was the closest hero yes, but also the one with the dynamic iron man armor that can make a spare gauntlet on the go.

Because he actually loves his daughter, not just as a tool or narcissistic extension of himself.

>Disney actually allowed booze to be portrayed in their film

Honestly the most shocking part of the movie for me

if it doesn't have the Disney name on it, they care less about what is in it. That's literally why they made Touchstone.

Who did it better?
Also funny that they showed soul world in IW then never talked about it again.

Attached: Eclipse_calling.jpg (580x350, 15K)

They switched place like seven times. If she was that much more competent, she would have killed her self with WAY less struggle

Black Widow sacrificing herself was the mirror

Thanos sacrificed his daughter for his selfish goal. Tony sacrificed himself for his daughter and the world she lives in. And that's what makes him the good guy.

More like no one would be retarded enough to have INFINITE POWER and come up with that plan.

Absolute kino.

Only the person that sacrificed should be allowed to use the soul stone. If not, then the sacrifice is retarded. You could just force a slave to get it, then take it from them.

Unironically this post

I wished they just erased everything Thanos ever worked for and just kept him alive to live with that shame of failure.

Then put him in Quantum Prison or something

writers said in an interview that original drafts had hawkeye winning but the special effects supervisor said "dont take that away from Natasha" and they changed it.
I'll let you google the gender of said person.