Watchmen HBO Teaser

First proper look is here boys

youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko&feature=youtu.be

Attached: watchmenhbo.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XkyuV69YZcM
youtube.com/watch?v=5oltd-Jsi2I)
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
youtube.com/watch?v=nZj43rtoEp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Lindelof#Early_life_and_education
youtube.com/watch?v=NUjMO_k9IF8
youtube.com/watch?v=pB3AxenYAyU
eddiecampbell.blogspot.com/2009/07/w-ho-watches-watchmen-eddie-campbell.html
youtu.be/YDDHHrt6l4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait what
This is a thing? Why?

>Lindelof says it's not a sequel
>it's a sequel

Attached: let's face it, everything below the waist is kaput.jpg (487x750, 131K)

WHAT THE FUCK JOHNS?!
Were they PURPOSEFULLY delaying the book to synergies with a shitty HBO series?

Attached: 1556058443574.jpg (1987x3056, 1.46M)

the movie is practically perfect why do we need this shite

>click (embed)
>preview image is of a room full of guys in Rorschach masks
>click x

Man I remember Watchmen I will pay HBO to watch this because I know what Watchmen is.

Because nerd and fake nerd are a valuable demo and Watchmen is a recognizable brand.

Attached: D1Vsq7TXQAIqK6-.jpg (1200x592, 125K)

See

What you didn't want to see people actually chanting "tick tock tick tock tick tock" in a Watchmen show?

>the movie is practically perfect

Attached: concern.jpg (480x433, 25K)

i never said completely perfect did i bud x

Rorschach totally would have a cult following of violent dudes who completely misinterpret his entire existence.

>1,5k likes
>45 dislikes
I want to get off of mr Reddit's Wild Ride.

Attached: mnxcupl.jpg (488x799, 105K)

It's not a sequel. It's a squeakquel.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x393, 1.37M)

I...

that's basically his fanbase now, sans violence.

But it’s garbage.

best adaption of a comic ive seen so in my eyes its practically perfect for a comic adaption

Attached: D0B3F570-C333-4090-A6D3-55A7133B17DD.gif (480x360, 1.57M)

Even Alan Moore liked Justice League's For The Man Who Has Everything and

The Dark Knight Rises, Under The Red Hood are better. There;s a lot better out there.

Attached: 75604-42606-alan-moore_large.jpg (300x413, 28K)

Have you seen the Trailer, this is basically a sequel to the actual comics. they are not making an adaptation, they are making a show about the Aftermath.

Like, it's 100% clear the people wearing the mask are doing it because Roadzack's journal was published and are angry million got killed to sell a lie, even if it was to get world piece.

>This is a thing? Why?
If you have the patience this was the IG letter Damon posted before we had no idea what it would be other than a Watchmen show written by him.

Attached: DL Watchmen IG 1.png (599x748, 933K)

it really isn't.

i meant live action mate
red hood is one of my favorite animated adaptions
im not saying youre wrong because its my opinion and it will always be a great adaption

Attached: DL Watchmen IG 2.png (609x749, 966K)

oh you know what adaptions i have seen have you ?

Let alone that it misses point of the book, it's a shitty adaptation all around.
Grimdark Snyderpiss aesthetic is alone enough for it to suck. And that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Attached: DL Watchmen IG 3.png (599x770, 845K)

I get he's referencing the issue where Dr. Manhattan is on Mars and talking about his life, but why does it feel so off when Lindeloff does it?

I agree.
The people who complain about the changes that were made from the comic have the same rationale as the people who despise the LoTR movies as fans of the book series. Sure, Legolas riding a shield like a surfboard was fucking retarded, sure they cut the tentacle monster - but looking at the big picutre LoTR and Watchmen probably got the best adaptations imaginable withing the confines of the Hollywood system. Both required huge budgets to generate adequate production values and budgets always come with compromise attached, that's how a capitalist movie system operates.
The only option to remedy this and make big budget films purely focused on vision rather than profit, would be to create a government funded and operated system modeled after a Soviet template.

well i liked it and as i have clearly fucking stated it was my opinion im not fucking arguing over it

it doesn't matter what you've seen, Snyder's Watchmen is an awful adaptation. It literally cannot be the best adaptation of a comic you've seen because it is terrible.

wtf is that? how is that Watchmen?

Attached: DL Watchmen IG 4.png (603x780, 893K)

It adapts what happens, but it doesn’t adapt the tone well, some of those action scenes are over the top and hokey looking. Not to mention that Snyder was more focused on actors that looked the part for these characters but maybe like half of them knew how to actually act their part like the book.

i really really avoid cape shit i only watched it when i was on holiday and it really is the best adaption ive seen live action wise, ive never ead marvel other than the sentry comics so i really dont have a n opinion on the movies

Attached: DL Watchmen IG 5.png (587x771, 900K)

>is an awful adaptation.
I wouldn't call it awful. Honestly, it's doing its job good. I would have loved to see the fake alien on the big Screen, but what it does instead still work and manage to preserve the narrative, so I won't blame him for his choice.

No one on this board is going to bother reading that, because they are only here to be outraged by things. They don't read comics, they don't care about comics, all they care care about is yelling into the void.

>More DC shit ruining television
great

Bad writer and it feels like he's just jerking himself off.

>Lindelof says it's not a sequel
>it's a sequel

Created by Damon Lindelof, Watchmen is a modern-day reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel about masked vigilantes.

so its a re-imagining of watchmen in modern times that's also a sequel to the comic with Jeremy Irons playing Old Man Ozymandias even though they said it wasn't going to be a sequel?
also how the fuck can something be a re-imagining and a sequel?

Attached: 1507229773184.jpg (1273x739, 221K)

Did anyone here watch the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen. It is unironically good.

...Okay. That wasn't quite what I was expecting. It looks like it might take place after the comic/movie, and will be dealing with the aftermath of the disaster and Rorschach's journal going public. A cult of sorts going after government officials and capes having to return to try and fight them in a way the police can't.

Overall I'm very confused and it's a massive meh from me.

Attached: 1527932909059.jpg (3000x1683, 1.66M)

Set in the same universe, not focused on the complete same set of characters, applying the storytelling chassis that Watchmen applied to post-WWII through the 80's, on contemporary times and issues in my best guess.

It's like they slept through V for Vendetta and glanced at the cover of Watchmen.

The end is nigh

Attached: SadBatfleck.jpg (620x374, 16K)

>No one on this board is going to bother reading that, because they are only here to be outraged by things.
Correct. After reading the third sentence, I went to his wikipedia page, scrolled down to "Early life" section, then checked the profiles of his frequent collaborators and I know everything that I need.

I actually agree with this. There are a lot of movies I like better or enjoy more, but it is vastly better than it gets credit for, and doesn't need a follow up series.

OK
When I heard "HBO Watchman series" I expected the comic + a lot of padding.
Instead this looks like lowest common denominator bullshit like "The Following" or "American Horror Story".
From the looks of it they should have just made a TV version of the game Farcry 5.

Attached: 1556035373920.png (506x487, 217K)

I like Don Johnson

Attached: 1496291123953.jpg (894x894, 368K)

It is awful. The coloring is a huge part of why Watchmen is great, the movie throws that out. Instead of including more of the secondary characters and side plots, the movie throws in some Snyder slow-mo action sequences. It changes Rorschach from a psychopathic manchild who burns people alive to a badass anti-hero who kills bad guys with an axe.

what the hell is Far Cry 5?

Read at least this It basically confirm what I was saying there IT'S A FUCKING SEQUEL !

Which is ?

INCELS RISE UP

Attached: not anonymous.png (1366x768, 853K)

Oh dear god. You abominable child.

WE

Bible belt cult has an end of the world prophecy and you try to take them down.
It turns out the cult leader was absolutely right though, a nuclear holocaust happens and you actively killed a lot of people who would have actually survived.

The fact that Goode isn't getting to reprise his role as Ozy is a fucking crime

No, youre wrong

I can handle changes from the source material. But snyder thinks a faithful adaptation means replicating the scenes of the comic as closely as possible. But its deepeer than that, it fails to capture the themes and insane intention to detail that made the comic fun.

Snyder fundamentally doesnt understand the watchmen comic. I think if you like the movie, you probably dont either

im very handsome thank you user my opinion does not change that x

Attached: corinthiansmile.png (545x561, 567K)

If you're not ready to discuss you're opinion don't state it on a discussion board you fucking idiot.

So you avoid what most comic fans are adapted off of for reasons bit think Watchmen is a good adaptation? I suspect you think you're a lot smarter than you are.

what would you like me to say? ive stressed enough that its solely my opinion that we dont need a fucking series of it because the movie was a fine adaption and enjoyable
fucking idiot

i wouldn't say im smart at all mate
im not stupid but i wouldn't consider myself smart

Pic related with Don Johnson was great.
Glad he is in this.
youtube.com/watch?v=XkyuV69YZcM

Attached: MV5BMTc4NTU4MTY2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM5MjQ2MTE@._V1_.jpg (2000x2961, 1.76M)

Watchmen is literally one of the most faithful comic book adaptations we've ever had on the big screen. Like 300 and Sin City before it, it ACTUALLY tries to adapt the comic book it is based on while making small changes to justify a blockbuster-level budget.

People who don't realize this are too fucking stupid for their own good. "Hurr durr it ruins the tone of the comic book". It's a different medium for a different public, the fact that they still manage to retain all the essential story bits and set pieces and leave almost all of the characters intact is amazing.

Compared to basically ANY other movie based on a comic book, this is as faithful as you can get in Hollywood.

>Created by Damon Lindelof, Watchmen

Attached: Untitled-2.png (537x537, 181K)

when is issue 10 coming?

try telling that to every cunt here trying to argue with me
its fucking faithful and enjoyable (apart from the space squid)

This is a sequel to the comic, not the movie.

The squid happened in this continuity.

The themes are absolutely in the film just toned down which would 100% have to happen in any mainstream movie adaption.

>im not stupid
evidence suggests otherwise

>I can handle changes from the source material.
CLEARLY you can't, because Watchmen's changes are 100% justifiable. Name like three comic book movies that are as faithful to their source material as Watchmen; and I mean straight adaptations of specific stories.

>it ACTUALLY tries to adapt the comic book
no, it doesn't. It adapts some scenes with apparent slavish accuracy, but fails to adapt some of the most fundamentally important parts of it. It's the adaptation of a guy who flipped through the comic without actually reading it.

dont be so sour mate, it can ruin your facial appearance

user, I'm not him, and I certainly don't agree with him, but compared 90% of shitposting on this site, he's being pretty reasonable. He said it's his opinion. There are no world rules that make it necessary for posts to adhere to the basic standards of a position piece. He said he liked it, he said it was his opinion, and he didn't insult anyone who disagrees with him, like you are. Maybe pump the brakes and just accept that you two disagree, and that there isn't anything wrong with it.

I would suggest he looks up captainkristain's video on Adapting Watchmen, why it is difficult, and what Snyder missed in his, because I took value out of viewing it.

>But its deepeer than that, it fails to capture the themes and insane intention to detail that made the comic fun.

The comic is fucking huge if you include all the appendixes and shit. You can't cram all that into a two hour movie, my dude. The fact that the movie managed to include all the iconic scenes from the comic is insane.

The only thing is that the movie has a hollywood-like flair and style to it, the characters look cool and do cool fight movies, while the comic is way more toned down and down to earth. That is a change made to justify the movie's budget, it is a blockbuster, it NEEDS to be shiny and pretty for the average moviegoer.

The rest of the film is just a straight up adaptation of the comic though.

Cast & Characters

ANGELA ABRAHAM (Regina King)

>African-America female cop. Independent and intelligent, she’s also a realist. She’s married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.

Attached: 1.jpg (860x860, 86K)

>Anti-police Rorschach cult is all white

Attached: 1477542638804.jpg (400x350, 22K)

That's what's the most interesting part of this series to me.

CAL ABRAHAM (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II)

>Angela's stay-at-home husband. While he seems to be a loving husband and father and the king of the castle at home, it is clear his past has a different story to tell.

Attached: 2.jpg (382x478, 29K)

goddammit, replacing the squid was Snyder's best contribution
But still, goode was really effective in the role. he could have reprised it

Jews.

LOOKING GLASS (Tim Blake Nelson)

>Friendly and approachable, he isn’t simple as his rural accent makes him appear to be. A top interrogator and behavioral scientist, he may also be a sociopath in disguise.

Attached: 3.jpg (535x528, 34K)

So instead of nuclear war it’s gonna be about Day of the Rope with the doomsday clock being uttered by racists who say “tick tock” to each other and to spook non-whites. The diverse group of watchmen will put a stop to this evil but only after Doctor Manhattan is shown to stop being apathetic to the racial struggles of POCs etc blah blah billions of Emmys awarded Lindelof hailed as a hero.

Rorschach was a far-right wing conservative who was openly racist and antisemitic. this fits

>user, I'm not him,

Literally what a (You) says in a feeble attempt to throw one off their trail.

WUZ

PIRATE JENNY (Adelaide Clemens)

>An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.

Attached: 4.jpg (600x816, 66K)

you dipshit that literally isnt me that dude is sticking up for me

>far-right wing conservative who was openly racist
Then wouldn't they be cops in Current Year, and not against them?

>but fails to adapt some of the most fundamentally important parts of it
Like what? Please explain to me how you would adapt the 'most fundamental parts' of the comic.

The movie is literally a straight adaptation of the events in the comics, almost using the comic as a fucking story board. The only difference is fights and costumes are flashier and prettier, and the squids were changed.

RED SCARE (Andrew Howard)

>Mafioso, tracksuit-wearing cop. His Russian accent lends to his abrasive, explosive temper.

Attached: 5.jpg (647x478, 37K)

Exactly.

Attached: Hack Snyder.png (540x405, 269K)

PANDA (Jacob Ming-Trent)

>An ethnic desk cop, he’s cynical and tough and puts his job first. Not a friend to many, he uses comedy to keep people at bay.

Attached: 6.jpg (913x1369, 406K)

No, because the establishment authority figures, such as cops, obviously are seen as the enemy of the people defending the status quo created by Ozymandias.

THE OLD MAN (Louis Gossett Jr.)

>A former cop who is still an imposing and influential figure despite his age.

Attached: 7.jpg (800x1014, 200K)

If you aren't excited for this you are a fucking incel, it looks dope as fuck. Get a life.

JUDD CRAWFORD (Don Johnson)

>The chief of police, Crawford knows his men's darkest secrets and is determined to protect his department at all costs.

Attached: 8.jpg (1240x775, 82K)

You do realise that Roadzack specifically gave his journal to an openly racist newspaper, right ? Of course, most of the people who are going to read their report on it are going to be white.

This, so much this.

I wish I could upvote twice.

>a cop
>anarchist at heart
I've done the math, shit don't add up.

And ? How is that supposed to tell anything ?

JANE CRAWFORD (Frances Fisher)

>Judd's wife, Jane is a veterinarian who’s sharper than her guarded persona lets on.

Attached: 9.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Has there been any adaptation or sequel to his work that Alan Moore ever liked?

> who was openly racist and antisemitic
Examples? I am calling fucking bullshit you lying sjw sack of human trash.

Oh no you caught me. I am the user who said he said he liked something pretending to be someone who doesn't like it, going so far as to reference a video (youtube.com/watch?v=5oltd-Jsi2I) that made an argument with a conclusion that comports with your position, because that makes tons of sense.

Attached: 1390105718397.jpg (584x305, 173K)

NO doubt in my mind, at least there is more than one adult here left ...

It's closer to parody rather than to faithful adaptation.
If it doesn't convey same things as the source material, it fails.
Snyder could have made something inspired by (his interpretation of) Watchmen. But he decided to adapt the book itself instead and robbed it of what made it interesting.
I enjoyed the movie just fine without reading Watchmen, but I didn't understand why people made such a big deal about comic book. Then I actually read it, loved it and understood just how shitty movie was in comparison. How much it took away from what makes Watchmen so great.

Like the coloring. Like the psychiatrist. Like how Rorschach kills the pedophile. Things that don't seem terribly important but fundamentally alter the nature of the story.

"Weekend warrior" became an idiom for a reason.

Are they gonna turn out to be Dan and Laurie?

AGENT BLAKE (Jean Smart)

>An elusive government agent pursuing her own agenda.

Attached: 10.jpg (640x369, 25K)

I'd argue that there's a difference between doing something in your spare time and doing something completely opposing your occupation in your spare time, but whatever.

ADRIAN VEIDT / OZYMANDIAS (Jeremy Irons)

>A wealthy entrepreneur and former crimefighter determined to protect the secrets of the utopia he has created and push humanity towards a new path and better path.

Attached: 11.jpg (1269x635, 425K)

How does this fit into the Hypercrisis?

>MARIONETTE & MIME (Sara Vickers & Tom Mison)

>A couple of vicious psychopaths employed by Veidt to protect his secrets.

Attached: 12.png (640x664, 552K)

I hope the creators were aiming for a comedy when they made this.

>dude violence lmao
>dude grey and black lmao
>dude no squid thus taking away from the entire point of the fucking comic book l m a o

this really looks like ahs cult

Looks fucking shit as expected

See: Cliven Bundy and Friends.

Attached: 1467723579523.png (392x200, 40K)

Fucking Johns, I swear.

Attached: 1490341663678.png (487x490, 490K)

TIC

In a way, it's kind of a curious take, really. Basically, there will be a group of Alt-Right believing in a conspiracy Theory about how a rich liberal basically caused a terrorist attack to force his own view, which is not too far off from What Alt-rights from the real world actually believe, except, in this story, Those are actually correct.

that alone make me interested in seeing how it turn out.

I have a feeling this is gonna be the next GOT and I'm going to be kinda upset about it

>Mafioso, tracksuit-wearing cop.
Seems Herc-y.

>Yea Forums thinking they know more then Alan Moore
You fuckers are aware that even Alan Moore was "happy" with this movie right? In an interview he even fucking said, "Even though it wasn't perfect. I feel it is the closest Fox will ever come to capturing one of my novels".

But ya know, Yea Forums knows more then the writer of Watchmen and i'll probably get some faggot replying, ">IMPLYING ALAN MOORE IS ANYTHING BUT A HACK" because Yea Forums is literally just nu-Yea Forums and we need to hate everything we discuss on this board.

>PIRATE JENNY (Adelaide Clemens)
>>An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.
>anarchist cop

Attached: 1554412701381.gif (230x227, 3.14M)

>taking away from the entire point of the fucking comic book
How so ?

I mean the Alien is supposed to be the Big bad as an easily identifiable villain for which the heroes don't need to requestion their morality to fight agaisnt. This is what the Alien In Watchman deconstruct : a foil that is easy to stamp as a villain, distracting us from more grey issues.

How is it negated if it is replace by a Big Blue all powerful naked man that blow up cities ?

This is honestly repulsive, trying to appeal to sympathy by coming up with this pseudo-inspiring story. We're just supposed to ignore that this is abjectly disrespectful towards Moore's vision, and a failure to respect comics work as singular works of art and story rather than as franchises to milk to death. Lindelof is the epitome of an artistic mercenary and a shameless pirate

Grant Morrison looks confused in that gif

Just because Moore likes it doesn't mean that everyone that read the comic should like the movie.

Eddie had another kid?

Hopefully they will make the conflict morally ambiguous, as in Veidt's utopia actually has improved the world and you could argue that pragmatically you should allow the lie to just continue rather than bring forth world wide chaos by making it all crumble.

This guy is raping and pillaging the Watchmen, that's quite literally all this is

>This is honestly repulsive, trying to appeal to sympathy by coming up with this pseudo-inspiring story.
I don't think it is.

To be hones,t I have never been to keen on sacralising any work of fiction.

No he wasn't. You are deliberately spreading misinformation. Warner Bros was the producer, not Fox. He asked to have his name taken off it and all his royalties given to Gibbons specifically because he hated it so much.

Alan Moore backhandedly complimenting an adaptation doesn’t change people’s own opinions of the movie. I’m sure George Lucas is all for the changes to the original Star Wars trilogy but that doesn’t mean people should like them

>as in Veidt's utopia actually has improved the world
Personal opinion, but for me, Veidt was completely in the wrong. A peace based not only on a lie, but on also build on fear is not a solid long-lasting peace.

>It's real
Holy fuck, I thought you were shitposting.

It's not about me holding it sacred or anything, it's about respecting it's singular legacy and not cheapening it into a franchise for corporate profit. I'm honestly surprised DC were able to restrain themselves for so long. Enabling people to steal stories and milk franchises has only ever been at the detriment of all stories involved. Diminishing returns. Watch them turn "Rorscach" into a mantle, because he can't just be a character he has to be an idea, because YOU can be Rorschach TOO because that's how we SELL shit to you

Plus that’s like the point of the book, right? No one is really happy being aligned, it’s mainly out of a need for unity than genuinely putting aside differences. And then the Rhorsach journal being hinted at getting published shows how fragile that alliance would break from knowing the truth

That's why it would be interesting if they made it complex and not a black and white issue where Veidt is just a bad guy. History was built on atrocities and then lying about them, after all. Morally complicated and nuanced dilemmas like that would make the show much more intriguing.

>it's about respecting it's singular legacy and not cheapening it into a franchise for corporate profit.
I believe a master work can not be cheapened by derivative. The OG work remains good no matter what.

Holy fuck I went from hating this to having hype for the first time in 4 or 5 years. Not too much hype but being excited at all for a release is refreshing.
This is in good hands, even if I don't agree with the Johns part

>First and foremost, if you are angry that I'm working on Watchmen, I am sorry. You may be thinking I can't be /that/ sorry or I wouldn't be doing it. I concede the point, but I hope it doesn't invalidate the apology, which I offer with sincerity and respect.
>And every single person involved with this show absolutely adores Watchmen. But in the spirit of complete honesty, we also sort want to... uh...
>Disrupt it?

tldr "Sorry not sorry" lmfao

Fuck Watchmen, fuck Moore and fuck Lindelof!
But this teaser looks pretty good.

>History was built on atrocities and then lying about them
We live in an era that is at least trying to face the truth about those atrocities, though.

>this is abjectly disrespectful towards Moore's vision
Which part? Where he tells Watchmen in a contemporary setting, uses new characters in the timeframe of the graphic novel, or does neither, makes no attempt to adapt Moore's story and vision, thereby letting it stand on it's own, and instead tells a story set 30+ years after the end of Moore's vision, seemingly set outside New York, with and almost entirely original cast of characters simply exploring the the butterfly effected world that spun out of Moore's vision?

johns is a fucking cancer and dc will NEVER have marvel's success until they burn the entire good old boys club to the ground and start all over with ONE loremaster who doesn't have skin in the game

Honestly though Rhorsach being a mantle isn’t that egregious of a concept, because unlike Bruce Wayne as Batman Rhorsach seemed more of a representation of vigilante justice in the Watchmen world, as part of Moore’s satire. Anyway the passing of the mantle in general was a part of the Watchmen story so I don’t see why they couldn’t do that with him. Not that I’m saying it’s automatically good but it’s a concept that could work

>they're taking characters from the bootleg sequel made by nuDC

Attached: 1530501170962.jpg (418x887, 156K)

>I'm honestly surprised DC were able to restrain themselves for so long.
Have you not heard of Before Watchmen or Doomsday Clock? Those seem more exploitative of Watchmen, and products that appear to cheapen it than this does.

>what if Marionette was 6/10 and Mime drank copious amounts of soi

>marvel's success
Marvel has no success. Marvel Studios does.

>burn the entire good old boys club to the ground
We've got enough SJWs in the industry, keep the old White guys where they are, they might yet save capeshit

what's soi?

Piss off /pol, or is it Yea Forums you come from? Maybe even Yea Forums, wherever it was fuck off back to that place

It's out

You wouldn't make a sequel to Moby Dick. There's the ideal or the rationale and then there's the facts. This has been done before. Watchmen is probably the most respected comic book story. Marvel/DC characters aren't respected as stories, they're only respected as brands. The new Spider-Man is a new character/story entirely; the original story, as great as it was to create such an inspired character, is totally irrelevant. When you seperate a character from their context you cheapen them and what they stand for because they are unmarried to the things they were made to illustrate in the first place. I don't understand this thought process as if you could just steal someone's story to make your own and that's fine? You know it isn't fine and you're rationalizing it anyways.

But will there be Pirate Comics ?

will the Pirate indutry be poised by new writers and blog-critics who insist many pirates were not white and were also gay and LEsbian and the Pirate comics should be more reflective of that.

Will the Roadzack believers try to convince people that Veidt is attempting to brainwash people into thinking he did nothing wrong by turning Black Beard into a trans gay albinos female Captain Pirate ?

Dubs speak truth this time

>Bendis, King, and Johns are going to save capeshit
"no"

Nah it just shows his IQ

>thereby letting it stand on it's own

That is completely and utterly fallacious, it only exists to stand on the shoulders of the Watchmen story. If it is so independent it wouldn't have to steal the name to sell itself.

The whole point of the ending is letting the reader question the inherent value of truth. If you make it so that everyone knows the truth and that's a bad thing, that just diminishes from the story.

>You wouldn't make a sequel to Moby Dick.
Moby Dick provide a clear and cut conclusion.

Watchmen literally end on an open Ending, engaging the reader to actually ponder to what the next events could turn to be. Watchmen end in a way that almost beg the readers to imagine what happens next, so I don't think it's really disrepectful to attempt to make a sequel. if it turns bad, you can just discard it.

>Mime gets white washed
Ugh

>t. soiboi

In 21 days
No it's not
Or did someone else force them to delay the series? Alternative Gary Frank is just awful at keeping deadlines

>turning Black Beard into a trans gay albinos female Captain Pirate
If it's based on this guy, I would actually be Okay with it.

Attached: 0.jpg (857x1200, 252K)

It's a bean that destroys testosterone and turns you liberal.

Imagine getting this triggered by a statement of fact.

Bendis isn't White
King isn't part of the good old boys

The character in Watchmen are archetypal because it is satirical, but it is also it's own story. Making every story into a swiss army knife only dissolves the meaning behind that story. Steal my story and make money off my story, go ahead it's totally cool. I don't mind you using my imagination to hawk your shitty wares.

You're so wrong and working on outdated info, it's Uranium-238 that's the villain in this drama not Glycine max. Now please fuck off back to wherever you came from

DC's vestigial micropenis is incapable of raping the Watchmen, they are simply ignored like the mosquito-esque parasites they are

>Johns will save cape comics
"no"

No one has named a more faithful comicbook to film adaptation yet

But it's still very sore and difficult subject. Like, we have a lot to thank in medicine for horrific experimentation done to people against their will, but as a society we to this day don't really want to address it other than in passing mention, let alone make proper reparations.

Like, how many people today actually know and still think about critically about shit like Tuskegee syphilis experiment where they intentionally allowed African American men that had syphilis go untreated for decades without informing them they had it, making them unknowingly infect other people and suffer from its symptoms for decades, just because some fucking asshole decided it'd make a great medical study? All the surviving victims got was an apology two decades after the fact, while in black communities it did irreparable damage to trust in doctors and getting preventive treatment for ailments.

>It's a bean that destroys testosterone
He says with zero evidence to support his claim

>y. Steal my story and make money off my story
Or, you know, wait 100 years and make money out of it without even needing to pay for it.

I read it all.

Damn me for doing what i want and expecting someone not to try and come along and usurp my work long after it's relevancy to reappropriate it into their golden goose. If Moore wanted to make he sequel he would have done so snd they'd have paid him a king's ransom. There's simply no rationalizing it, it's mercenary and it's bold-facedly contemptuous of the author.

That's my only real problem with Doomsday Clock, DC should have at least kept Moore's name off the back inside covers and respected Moore's wishes at least in that sense

>I believe a master work can not be cheapened by derivative.

Eh, Gone with the Wind kinda sucks now, desu

>Watchmen literally end on an open Ending, engaging the reader to actually ponder to what the next events could turn to be.
And now you don't have to think at all, isn't that great?

>Like, how many people today actually know and still think about critically about shit like Tuskegee syphilis experiment where they intentionally allowed African American men that had syphilis go untreated for decades without informing them they had it,
Well, nowadays, we have actual serious talk about reparation money. So that black have been holding the shitty side of the stick in our history is now more openly talked about. I know it is said reparation money is about Slavery, but it's also meant to be about paying back all the repercussion black have been through because f SLavery and being used as lab-rab can arguably be considered a consequence of it. Funny though, I think people would have more difficulty to argue agaisnt Reparation if it was called reparation for Segregation. you can't deny blacks have economically suffered because of it.

It’s plutonium239 and also lithium deuteride that is the main enemy not uranium238.

Gone with the wind has issues that are rooted entirely in inherent racism of the era it was published in.

>It's a bean that destroys testosterone and turns you liberal.
It doesn't.

Who asked for this? Seriously like- why is a watchman sequel series being made now?

Was there some sort of cultural trend that I missed for them to do this and bring Dr. Manhattan into the last DC crisis?

I can appreciate the work of someone else and tell if it sucks or not.

If your story is compelling you to imagine what happens next, it's hard to blame someone for actually attempting it.

The whole endeavor flies in the face of Moore's wishes, the thing is just one big 'fuck you' to him as far as I'm concerned, same as this TV show.

based and Lindelof pilled

SOS
SOIBOIS SEETHING

SOS
TUMBLRINOES BOILING

Yeah it's just wearing it's skin, nothing wrong with that. It's notlike you couldn't tell the same story without the Watchmen IP

retard.

>complain about zack snyder version being nothing like the comic
>this is even less like the comic

fuck it, i'm just going to read the comic again and ignore this shit

>How is it negated if it is replace by a Big Blue all powerful naked man that blow up cities ?
This. But at the same time, why even change it.

>Was there some sort of cultural trend that I missed
Someone made a movie.

I kinda appreciate the Irony. The Watchmen was the movie that really made cape-comics mainstream. It solidified the producers in being confident in making Movie adaptation of super heroes.

Thus we got the sotry that deconstruxt Super-hero first only to have more of the genuine work afterwards. Whereas, it would have been so much more appropriate to have a movie that deconstruct Super heroes now, after the conclusion of the MCU with End Game.

We set up the whole thing backward.

TACS

please leave Yea Forums and go back to /pol/ if you're not going to contribute anything

Attached: 0.jpg (474x354, 28K)

>zack snyder version being nothing like the comic
but it was, only film, applied to comic book films
You are retard, you deserve pain that comes with being retarded.

yeah, the zack snyder version sucked but this doesn't look good either

watchmen doesn't need an adaptation anyway. if they did, they should go the sin city route and do shot-for-shot, keeping the same visual style and everything

The movie was ten years ago though. The only thing that really came of it was that Before Watchman series that fizzled out. And if I remember right it had...a mixed reception at best.

based retard

johns is involved in the live-action stuff and has quite a bit of pull. as long as he is writing his own OCs and arcs, they will always have higher priority in being adapted (see nu-shazam) than other stories

it's not about sjws you dumb faggot, it's about the same revolving door of the same motherfuckers. marvel had the same problem too with the committee, quesada trying to hook up his boy bendis in getting ahead of the studio's plans, etc. dc has the same problem with johns, didio, and lee

at&t needs to clean house and install their own feige. tsujihara getting fired should've been the perfect time to do so too

>more of the genuine work afterwards
like what? Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron or Civil War were superheroes are directly responsible for deaths of innocent people?

This guy loves capeshit, doesn't he.
>Incredible Hulk
>Fant4stic
>Watchmen

>watchmen doesn't need an adaptation anyway.
It's a sequel.

the Watchmen events happened exactly like in the comic and now it's 30 years later.

>zack snyder version sucked
it didn't
>sin city route and do shot-for-shot, keeping the same visual style and everything
retard

In the end, it's still Super Heroes winning the day by defeating the big bad.

No one ever heard of bring them down from the inside?

>SM

Never seen that before. Am I missing a reference, or is this just sort of trademark I'm unfamiliar with?

Sheeeeeit, I see it

nigga, both Dark Knight and Iron Man came out before Watchmen.

Not even him would wish this to Moore

>It's a sequel.
it doesn't need that either, Geoffrey

Interest piqued.

I kinda want to make a betting pool

Take your bets ladies and gentlemen, will this be shitty in a funny way or just shit in general?

He's going to die in the season finale, I'm calling it. Just like Anthony Hopkins in Westworld, just like Sean Bean in GoT. HBO always does this shit where a veteran actor will carry them for the first season and then everybody is on their own.

>it only exists to stand on the shoulders of the Watchmen story. If it is so independent it wouldn't have to steal the name to sell itself.
When you read the letter, and do 30 seconds of research, HBO has been trying to do a Watchmen series for more than a decade at this point. Watchmen was going to happen, one way or another. Hate that part of the culture? Fine. That is a macro problem not exclusive to this IP, which personally I feel similarly toward to how you appear to.
But between an adaption that uses the Watchmen title and with no qualifiers adapts and presents the content of the Watchmen story in a manner that alters and is legitimately disrespectful of Moore's vision, or one that "uses" the Watchmen title to tell an original story set in the same world, exploring the consequences of Moore's vision, one in my book is immensely more respectful than the other. Don't believe me? Go ask someone who has read "A Song of Ice and Fire" how respectful they feel "Game of Thrones" is. They are using the title, and for some who are familiar with the "Watchmen" story, yes, it is meant to evoke the story, and clearly take place after it, but that means that the history of that world that Moore visualized isn't going to be adapted, or altered. If someone becomes curious enough to look into what happened before the Watchmen television series, that person will need to look up and read Moore's vision as it stands. Moore's vision will be allowed to stand on it's own more than it would be able to were it adapted instead of just being the historical basis the events of the series take place after.
Also, don't assume that just because you know Watchmen, that everyone does. HBO has prestige of it's own, and considering that this is the guy who also wrote The Leftovers for them, there might just be people who watch it regardless of the title just because of either of those reasons.

Attached: B92C0694-A677-4B60-B6BB-FEDD525EC75D.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

1. Every board knows about soibois, not just /pol/
2. What the fuck kind of "contributions" are you expecting in a thread made by Moorefags to bitch about how his holiness' sacred writings are being desecrated again?

based but bluepilled

>1. Every board knows about soibois, not just /pol/

Attached: 0.jpg (320x304, 31K)

>I kinda appreciate the Irony. The Watchmen was the movie that really made cape-comics mainstream.
2002 called, they said you're a faggot.
The summer of 2008 left a voicemail, Iron Man and Christian Bale ran a train on your mother. (Edward Norton watched but wasn't allowed to participate)

Attached: 1436908736556.jpg (236x276, 19K)

>says the person who has clearly never read the comics
ok, fine I'm an sjw

>Damon Lindelof
>TV Watchmen sequel
>starring Geoff Johns’ OCs

Holy shit, the absolute state of DC

Irons was on Borgias for three seasons and that was Showtime. He can't be that expensive that they could keep him, hypothetically speaking. Hopkins on the other hand agreed to just one season for a shit ton of money, iirc.

>if they did, they should go the sin city route and do shot-for-shot,
I can tell you didn't see the movie.
Fuck, even the 4-hour director's cut with the animated pirate scenes included was shot for fucking shot. Sans the squid.

LIVE

The best adaptation has already been done anyway:
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

it most definitely wasn't shot for shot retard. the violence and sexual stuff was played up immensely in each scene, and the visual style was completely off

you are fucking stupid and worthless

I was literally about to post this

so you are a sjw retard who never reead a single watchman comic leave fag

I absolutely read it and I don't recall him saying a single thing against any race whatsoever.

Not really. It's just that Johns in incompetent and retarded
Becuase Snyder understand that movies and comics are not the same thing, the movie deconstructs capeshit movies and action movies for the sensibilities of the 2000s public, not for comic readers in the 80's. Snyder understood that a 3 hours long movies isnt consumed in the same way as a comic series meant to be re-read in parts during over a year, that's why most of the criticism is retarded, Snyder neiled the philosophy and the politics in the story, and deconstructed something in the MEDIUM, so the critics about action scenes and making some things look cool are extremely empty. Most of the people that goes for that are usually just retards repeating what they saw on youtube from a capeshitter that doesn't understand why Henry Kissinger in being in the movie is way more important for Moore than Rors fight against the cops.

>It's notlike you couldn't tell the same story without the Watchmen IP
And yet if they did, people would be upset that they were doing Watchmen and not calling it Watchmen.
It's almost like no matter what anyone does, people are going to be pissed off and say they should have done it differently, and at this point the only reasonable significant option is to do what is satisfactory to IP ownership that won't result in getting hit with a DMCA violation that gets your ass thrown in court.

>the movie deconstructs capeshit movies and action movies
no it fucking doesn't

Posting an oldy for memory sake.

Attached: 0.jpg (500x246, 77K)

Yes it does, and putting your hand over your eyes doesn't change that or Snyder's intentions. Fucking BvS really ruined the mind of manchildren that just want to bitch about Snyder. You have been todl for 10 fucking years that, by people involved in the movie and you still refuse to hear it becuase you want to bitch about things that would had change their meaning and power in the screen

To the guy that keeps saying there hasn't been a more faithful adaptation:
The death of Stalin.
Scott Pilgrim.
Snowpiercer.

>Borgias
I see you're a man of taste, user.

Watchmen the movie was nothing more than a standard action movie with delusions of grandeur. It doesn't deconstruct superhero movies or action movies in general. "Superhero movie" wasn't even a particularly distinct genre to deconstruct when Watchmen came out.

DC can't make a Watchmen sequel. They will always deny that it's one. It's just a reimagining that follows old and new characters in the aftermatch of events inspired by the series. It's totally not a sequel.

Back for more Manhattan dong, eh?

I'm the guy you replied to.
I get what you're saying, Znyder's movie feels like a recreation of scenes rather than a spiritual adaptation (a case to be made for LoTR). But I'd still argue that a somewhat faithful recreation is still preferable to a failed adaptation (which is the case for 9 out of 10 comic book movies). The chances that we would have gotten anything superior to Znyder's version are slim to say the least.
True, sometimes there's book/comicbook adaptations that grasp the essence of the source material while also creating a work of art that can stand on its own merits or even surpasses the source. For instance: Kubrick's Shining or Tarkovsky's Stalker (/roadside picknick). But these are rare exceptions and beyond the 100 million dollar budget threshold they become virtually inexistent - in fact, I can't think of a single example.

tldr. best possible outcome!

Once you go blue, it's like glue.

>HALLELUJAH
>HALLELUJAH
>HALLELUJAH
The movie is good. But it’s far from perfect mate.

>wasn't even a particularly distinct genre
It's not a genre now either. also, cry more faggot, just becuase Snyder did shitty things to your superdaddy doesn't mean Watchmen is stale shit as the capeshit you seem you love. I doubt you care about anything that isn't capeshit related in watchmen.

That's was the worst part of the movie, but fuck it was funny.

I’m probably canceling HBO when Thrones ends and get Disney Plus.

#looksdumb

I don't fucking care if the movie was good or bad, I will forever love this part:
youtube.com/watch?v=nZj43rtoEp4

>even if the alt-right is correct about everything, they're still the badguys because ZOG has already won and everything they do is fruitless.

more kike demoralization propaganda

>Created by Damon Lindelof, Watchmen is a modern-day reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel about masked vigilantes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Lindelof#Early_life_and_education

>Lindelof was born in Teaneck, New Jersey, the son of Susan Klausner, a teacher, and David Lindelof, a bank manager.[1][2] He attended Teaneck High School, a school whose diverse student body he credits with expanding his horizons as a writer.[3] Lindelof's mother is Jewish, whereas his father was of Scandinavian descent.[4][5][6]

>Lindelof celebrated his Bar Mitzvah in Teaneck, where he attended synagogue for the Sabbath; he has stated, "I was a Jewish white kid growing up in Teaneck, but at the same time, I had African and Filipino and Asian friends and to have that experience all through high school while getting an awesome education was wonderful."[7] Lindelof attended film school at New York University, performing briefly in the band Petting Zoo, and moved to Los Angeles after graduating.

The trailer was so fucking good, i need to re-watch it, the CGI seems to hold up better than in most movies
youtube.com/watch?v=NUjMO_k9IF8

>And yet if they did, people would be upset that they were doing Watchmen and not calling it Watchmen

Nice whataboutism but you know that's total bullshit. This genre is very popular even without the brand name.

... so you just agree with me, you just understand why they're doing it. Ok, so do I. It's not hard to understand.

And i've read the fucking letter, it came out a long ass time ago.

Attached: 0d2a0ebf7d2b6374c25df8b2853935e9ed3b9b531f5e0337016d5c915858699a.jpg (625x264, 50K)

Attached: df0983154d0106e3495dea7cb0ea1f06.jpg (450x693, 63K)

>>even if the alt-right is correct about everything, they're still the badguys because ZOG has already won and everything they do is fruitless.
user, stop projecting. you know damn well that's not the take they are going with.

Anyone has the "Boys" TF2 parody image, with Veidt ?

I still remember when the Watchmen movie came out in theaters and nobody except comic nerds knew what the fuck it was or what to think of it.

All those reports of normies thinking it was a super hero movie so they took their kids and walked out partway in.

Attached: Watchrodents.png (555x402, 239K)

And the point you are trying to make by posting this wiki is... ?

Shoutouts to everyone who remembers this gem of a trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=pB3AxenYAyU

>Johns in incompetent and retarded
Every day and twice on Sunday

Based

gotchu fäm

Attached: 1303084110524.png (546x695, 135K)

Thanks.

Good times.

>the colouring
Wow, really scraping the bottom of the bin eh boyo

That motherfucker.

Shoehorning his goddam OC's from HIS anti-fanfic to Lindelhof's fanfic?!?

It's creative racketeering...fucking Mark Millar started this shit now its all anybody does.

Attached: stare.png (1500x1106, 49K)

>coloring is bottom of the barrel
as expected

eddiecampbell.blogspot.com/2009/07/w-ho-watches-watchmen-eddie-campbell.html

All these characters are called "cops" and Regina King's character, and all the police officers that are in the trailer have masks on. Are these characters actually police officers or is it more accurate to think of them like vigilantes?

I agree with you.
I understand why they're doing it.
I also think if they are going to do something with the Watchmen IP, doing what they are doing here instead of adapting the story, is better and more respectful of it.
I was only telling you to read the letter because of the timeframe DL presents with respect to how far back back HBO had an eye on Watchmen and how many times DL turned them down before finally agreeing to put something together.
I also think that as someone who was skeptical of DL for awhile, I think if he isn't adapting, and is simply treating Watchmen as a setting sandbox with an off limits castle in the middle of it that he can't touch, but can only compliment around it, The Leftovers demonstrated to me that he has a decent enough architectural eye to construct new sand buildings around the castle that, while they probably won't look like they were designed by the same person, will probably look like they were designed by someone who was inspired by the person who designed the castle. This isn't a guy who is going to kick out a Marvel movie script or even something like his Star Trek scripts. The Leftovers was not easy viewing, but I loved the hell out of it. The man can write a fucked up world with traumatized fucked up people doing fucked up things. If he loves Watchmen as much as he says, and combines where his mind was at writing The Leftovers in the setting he imagines Watchmen would look like 30+ years later, and tells a story that presents that setting the way Watchmen presented the 50's through the 80's, I'm at least intrigued to see what he does.

I'm right because the guy's name is "panda" and you see a guy in the trailer wearing a panda mask around all the masked cops.

hold the fuck up... so we're getting lindelof AND johns hackery in the same bag? sheeeeit

Attached: 1343144388203.jpg (251x241, 14K)

That's WB for you

High and mighty act doesn't work anonymously mate, neither does vague gripes either. But i would have preferred you had more to discuss other than it ain't your fancy and the crayon box was a bit lacking

>Nice whataboutism
You presented an alternative, that I acknowledged. That isn't whataboutism. You want whataboutism?
>It's notlike you couldn't tell the same story without the Watchmen IP
What about CW's Arrow, or as the shows critics called it, Green Batman? Dark broody billionaire returns to home following a long time absence to declare war as a masked vigilante on the crime element of his city, reluctantly relying on his team of allies who supplement him in the field and from his secret headquarters. And I'm not even mentioning the Ra's al Ghul arc.

And people bitched.

The main point of that post wasn't that they can't tell the same story without the IP. They can...and people will bitch. Just like they can tell the story with the IP...and people will bitch. Make something? People will bitch. Make nothing? People will bitch.

>or as the shows critics called it, Green Batman?
Isn't that a critic of the actual comics character to start with, though ?

Attached: EVENTS ARE OCCURING.png (720x720, 907K)

>replacing the squid was Snyder's best contribution
P l e b

>her personality is how she sexually identifies
>anarchist cop

so cancer then

Yes, if you completely ignore their personality, effectiveness, and general stature within the community.
CW Oliver Queen from a character standpoint was Bruce Wayne, who just lived the life of Oliver Queen. He was the autist-like stoic asshole who pushed away those who cared about him, who was rough and gruff by default, as opposed to the flawed fuck up who saves the day in generally lighthearted smartass manner, when he isn't sleeping with someone like a pro manwhore, fathering illegitimate children, being a dipshit with Hal Jordan, or a shouting match with Carter Hall.
Everything about the show screamed that they wanted to do Batman but couldn't so "Lets just do Green Arrow and make him more like Batman."
There is a reason, why when Gotham was announced, before we knew anything about it, people hoped it would be like Arrow except actually Batman instead of just pretending to be.

So does this take place after the events of the comic/movie? Hence why these guys are inspired by Rorschach and what not? Looks interesting I suppose.

>How is it negated if it is replace by a Big Blue all powerful naked man that blow up cities ?
Because the Big Blue all powerful naked man that blow up cities is an American and Russia wouldn't hesitate to retaliate against an known American asset even if he did attack American cities.

I wouldn't call it perfect but I liked how they handled Daniel and Rorschach's friendship better than the comics did.

I will never understand why they decided to go with dark lighting and muted colors for what is one of the most colorful mainstream comics out there.

That was the most realistic shit honestly, don't tell me Rorschach and his journal wouldn't spread autismo in a bunch of edgelords?

there's no way you've actually read the comic

Is Watchmen relevant in a post-watchmen society?

I read the comic and saw what it was doing but I grew up on 90s comics and they were obviously what came after Moore 'deconstructed' the silver age, but I and most definitely newer readers didn't grow up on silver age so it doesn't have as big a bit. We need a pulpy version of the Watchmen to make light of the modern 'dark' comics.

>I will never understand why they decided to go with dark lighting and muted colors for what is one of the most colorful mainstream comics out there.
I have no idea what you mean by "dark lighting" but don't be retarded, the colors in the comic are product of the tech they had back then, if they had have modern technology it would had looked different. The colors were not really muted at least you are talking about the ugly as fuck Pole escenes.

>We need a pulpy version of the Watchmen to make light of the modern 'dark' comics.
What a retarded idea, especially since comics havent been "dark" for over a decade

Blacks/LGBTs strong superheroic awesome bestest peoples WOKE EVARRRRR

Straight white country guy is a fucking straight up serial killer

Fucking great, you guys. Just fucking topnotch work. What a daring, controversial angle to take with your storytelling. Man, it pains me how I won't be spending one single fucking penny on this fucking pandering virtue signalling bullshit.

>We need a pulpy version of the Watchmen
Watchmen is pulpy, i think you mean light and cartoony

Already covered, bro.

>the colors in the comic are product of the tech they had back then
just because they were a product of the time does not mean they were not integral to the storytelling. Snyder didn't even attempt to use color to tell the story, he just slapped his standard blue filter over everything and called it a day.

die

How do you read anything else out of this trailer? This is about a vigilante movement of Rorschach followers who have learned and accepted the truth about the events of Watchman via his diary. Very clearly Anonymous and alt-right inspired, meeting in a church, southern accents, goyim. Attacking the agents of the new world government who is seated in power through the greatest hoax/false-flag of all time.

Do you really disagree that it's not obviously going to be that kind of story, extrapolating the end of the original comic?

but wouldn't that make the alt-Rorsch correct?

I'm happy to see Ichabod Crane getting work, but sad to see Johns' OCs getting pushed.

they're Veidt-gov (ZOG) cops. probably officially called 'Watchmen' or something retarded like that.

If I was in his position, I'd just do it, too. Because, someone is going to fuck it up, it might as well be me.

So why hasn't Watchmen been recolored like so many other of DC's hits from the 80s?

>probably officially called 'Watchmen'
I pray you're wrong while knowing you're probably right

Watchmen is the flaming T shirt of comics.

it was, but Higgins did the recolor himself and kept the same color palette.

Attached: dd086230a8a002713de8f010.L.jpg (375x500, 48K)

>the colors in the comic are product of the tech they had back then
Fuck off with that bullshit, the colors were very intentional and helped enhance the storytelling. There are numerous times throughout the comic that a single particular color is used to help create "mood lighting" or contrast. Hell, the very opening itself helps illustrate this. Not to mention how the predominance of yellow and red throughout the comic mirrors the colors of the Comedian's bloodstained button.

Attached: RCO005.jpg (1680x2630, 1.74M)

yes and that's the point of it as kike demoralization propaganda. just like the original, to a degree. it's going to extrapolate on the ending of the original but 'clarify' exactly how Rorschach really was wrong.

How's the recolor then? Does it actually improve upon the original? Thinking of buying a physical copy.

It's good, stays faithful to the original while working better on glossy paper. Certainly not as drastic as Sandman or Killing Joke.

Why.

Why is a scene set outside in BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT SO MOTHERFUCKING DARK

THE SUN ISN'T DARK YOU RETARDED SHITHEADS FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

Attached: STOP FUCKING DOING THIS.png (691x392, 406K)

DARK LIGHTING = DARK STORY

>trying to undermine a genocidal maniac is wrong

Good luck with that HBO. Whether or not you think Rorschach is 'good' it is pretty hard to argue that his opposition of Ozy was wrong without looking like a complete psycho.

Because he's a faggot.

HE KILLED MILLIONS!

Moore is ass pained over, so too his fans.
They want to argue so they can tell you that you didn’t understand their favorite picture book.

>Overcast weather doesn't exist where I live
I want to move to whatever time zone where you are. I should warn you that I might fuck your sister(s) and/or female cousin(s) upon my arrival.

that's not overcast, that's a sunny day that's artificially darkened.

Hang yourself, manchild

>Snyder didn't even attempt to use color to tell the story
That's one of the most ignorant shit i have ever heard in this shitty board.
>just because they were a product of the time does not mean they were not integral to the storytelling
I don't understand how autistic you have to be to say that and don't understand the use of color in a movie. Watchmen is a colorful movie, it's just that it's not the colors you were expecting. There's more dynamic range in color than in most capeshit.
>the colors were very intentional and helped enhance the storytelling
Of course you moron, and the thing is cinema is another medium, it has things like sound, dynamic lighting, music. How autistic do you have to be to not understand why is different (and why comics are not storyboards).

That's very clearly edited.

IF IT WERE OVERCAST THERE WOULDN'T BE THOSE SHARP SHADOWS ON THE GROUND YOU FUCKING IMBECILE, THEY CLEARLY SHOT EVERYTHING THROUGH A FUCKING BOTTLE OF SODA OR SOME SHIT

I'm betting right now, HBO pulled a fucking Cloverfield Lane, hijacked someone's script and slightly changed it to be Watchman-esque. And who on this planet either asked for or wanted a sequel to a book that's best when you draw your own conclusions? This is pure coke fueled idiocy and I can't wait for it to flop.

>"Who's Alan Moore"
Funny joke. Everybody laughs.

it is precisely because they're hacks who couldn't be bothered to film on an actual overcast day.

I mean, they are on a schedule and can't exactly control the weather

the casting was good honestly

>Cult of Rorschach who misinterpret his existence and kill cops

Yeah I'm out, fuck this fanfiction shit. Rorshach would never have a cult even if his journal was published. Unironically Doomsday Clock handled it better with Blackshaq

Doomsday Clock, where the release of Rorschach's journal led to the complete collapse of society?

>Rorshach would never have a cult even if his journal was published.

You've never been to /pol/, have you?

Yes, because the Government investigated it and found it to be true. Which just put shit back to zero because people realized aliens werent invading

>eyeholes

Attached: tuva_bored.gif (530x576, 2.61M)

No shit sherlock, my point is that sapping most of the color from the world for the adaption was an artistic choice that only took surface level inspiration from the source material. It when even further than just the lighting too, just look at what they did to Ozymandias' costume.

I can't help but feel like it was more inspired by the "style" of Watchmen instead of the actual story

Like, yeah Watchmen had the Doomsday clock and used yellow a lot, but it wasn't the focus.

>Doomsday Clock, where the release of Rorschach's journal led to the complete collapse of society?
user doomsday clock is a incoherent piece of garbage that makes no fucking sense>just look at what they did to Ozymandias' costume.
What do they do user, please tell me? You mean they tooks inspiration from greek curias and from the capeshit movies from the 90's the watchmen movie openly deconstructed? So instead of using a costume that was based on 70's superhero costumes Wilkinson and Snyder went with a costume that make more sense with the themes of the movie so it would represent the same in a different medium? Wow.
>hat only took surface level inspiration from the source material.
This arguments is made by retards that think the politics and philosophy of the comic is secundary to the capeshit. How ironic is that you accuse of snyder to doing surface shit when you clearly can't see watchmen as anything but a deconstruction of capeshit.

Attached: brass-royal-greek-armor-muscled-cuirass-b.jpg (328x380, 32K)

It's more like inspired by the watchmen movie trailers but done by people who doesn't have half the talent of Larry Fong see

What is with hacks and making it so Rorschach's published Journal immediately ends everything? Do hacks not realize that's not interesting? Do hacks not realize that's what every brain dead moron would draw as a conclusion?

>Dude fuck iconic character design my edgy remake Batman Forever armor is sick bro

>The themes are absolutely in the film just toned down

No

but his fanboys totally misrepresent what he is supposed to convey and think he is super cool dark avenger
so in a way the show is just continuing this irony

>>Dude fuck iconic character design my edgy remake Batman Forever armor is sick bro
You don't understand what iconic means, the whole point of ICONIC is that the icon holds meaning, and what was considered an outdated superhero outfit for comic readers was reshaped in an outdated superhero outfit for moviegoers. Your criticism is shit, you claim Snyder (and in this case based Wilkinson) have a surface understanding of Watchmen and yet you are literally bitching about something that shows how much more they got from the story than you.

I agree, they were not toned down at all. The Dr. Strangelove iconography and cultural Stagnation really set the correct tone. Snyder having to fight to include Henry Kissinger when the studio just wanted micheal jackson says a lot about how little they toned down things.

>bro...BRO GET THAT GAY SHIT OUT OF HERE
>Here's the REAL costume of an edgy badass, bro he could stomp SO MUCH ASS~!

Attached: fuckinbadass.png (603x952, 1.17M)

user i sense that you actually knew the reason and that you already know that the change does represent the same but you are just pissed about Snyder.

Attached: curiass.jpg (768x763, 81K)

>nipples on a costume
dude

>someone gave damon lindelof money to make this

Attached: ronald reagan animu.jpg (2400x2880, 1.59M)

Using Dr. Manhattan to instigate the disaster doesn't work.

>but america was struck too!

Doesn't work.

Friendly reminder than Yea Forums is 90% these shitters, 9% cartoon shitters and 1% comic readers.

Fucking plebs
And Johns is already getting royalties out of Doomsday Clock
user, you should learn some history, remember when Israeli agents were attacking british interests in egypt to instiguate a war between the brits and egypt? Or how the American-Spanish war started? Who is to blame doesn't matter.

Attached: etruscan.jpg (386x500, 70K)

I like how you named two times false flags started wars, but can't name an instance of a false flag stopping a war.

Bro, I know it looks faggy, but stay with me, nothing is MORE badass than a totally nude guy just going to town on a dude who has to get punished. But those kikes won't let use have TWO nude dudes so we make his costume look like he's naked bro, it all works out.

I know why the change exists, it's stupid, and ruins the tone of movie. Watchman's entire atheistic is bright, neon, and clashing. It's a reflection of the times, the eighties. Making everything monochromatic to try and shift the zeitgeist of the eighties to fill your culturally deprived epoch is lazy and unoriginal. It's draining something great to try and pretend to be it, much like how the Byzantine Empire would never be Rome.

And another thing, no. Synder's later works all but confirm the outfit changes were not a 'statement about blah blah blah,' Synder wants things dark, brooding, and edgy. Even when what he's trying to adapt is literally the exact opposite of that entire aesthetic, eg. Man of Steel.

I hate this so much. So so much. Live-action is killing these works and creating the fakest fucking fans. I want it to stop.

you're retarded

As bad as the last few seasons of GoT once they ran out of material and just made shit up

hahahahahahahahaaahaha lmfao this shit looks like riverdale hahahahaahahha

how can you put out this shit and put watchmen on the name lmfaooooo i dont even like watchmen all that much and this looks like a garbage adaptation

hahahhahaahaha lindelof fags btfo, hard pass from me. i'll just watch a compilation of the jeremy irons scenes on youtube after the shows done

You would be surprised the shit DC is happy to put their name on

Attached: maxresdefault (20).jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Jesus Christ, this is hacky

Not him, but in the comic at least, there's a part where there is an exerpt of an issue of The New Frontiersman, the newspaper that Rorscach reads and sennds his journal to, the exerpt shows a political cartoon with racial and anti-semitic stereotypes, and the article itself is a criticism of another newspaper for saying costumed vigilantism is uncomfortably reminiscent of earlier activities of groups like the KKK, The New Frontiesman piece rather than attempting to refute this, says that while the Klan would later go to far, it protected people against a culture "less moarally advanced" and that essentially masked vigilantism should be seen as a necessary and honorable thing in a time when the laws are not adequate, and that the disgraced vigilantes should be reassassed as patriots, at least the vigilantes The new Frontiersman likes at some point later in the story there's a brief reference to the fact that they don't like Ozymandias, who's left wing and who they once accused of being a communist stooge for exposing a plot by rogue military officers to test a biological weapon in Africa. Their defense of vigilantism might be one thing if they disagreed with the idea that modern masked vigilantes were in any way reminiscent of more explicitly racist past ones, but they seem perfectly fine with it. In the comic you can see a billboard advertising the paper has been defaced and the hallway leading to it's office sprayed with grapphiti inclunding a swastika, indicating that it's known for this kind of stuff, Rorschach is portrayed as a regular reader, he might just like its' uncomprimising attitude and support for him and others like him, but there's definitely something that chimes.

>Watchmen (SM)
>Service Mark
fanfic confirmed.

Attached: servicemark.jpg (1274x736, 108K)

>It's a reflection of the times, the eighties.
Bullshit, it was a reflection of nostalgia in the media during the 80's and the movie reflects action movies from the 80s and late 70's. You are extremely petty and superficial and clearly have a problem with Snyder and not the Watchmen movie. But
How many giant squid monster attacks have stopped wars?, it's a stupid argument, since both are false flag attacks, insanity in the outcome is part of the comic and the movie where not only they cant escape the conventions in the genre, but also it's clearly not the end of the story. The truth is that Americans were attacking, killing and started wars for decades, literally had torture schools where agents would teach foreign opperatives how to sabotage and torture soviet simpatizers, and yet no war happened, and the reason wasn't a false flag attack, just that you cant risk it. After the attacks it doesn't matter if manhattan was american or the squid wasn't an alien, what that you had was already shock therapy and the cost of going to war would seem HIGHER

>SEETHING AUTISM

Attached: 00a7tdlmgai21.jpg (540x540, 40K)

>How many giant squid monster attacks have stopped wars?
so why bring up real life false flag attacks at all and tell user to learn history if you're just going to wave away a criticism that your argument doesn't work in this context?

which one is your favorite?

Attached: 25ee5abd62763c983c41c83b9efd37b1.jpg (1314x754, 478K)

That doesn’t mean it’s good though you dense cunt. If someone is that gung ho about making a Watchmen movie they could at least have actors that aren’t terrible and made less schlocky fight scenes, instead of being autistic about capturing the framing of a bunch of it’s comic panels. Sure that’s “impressive”, sure it’s cool a Watchmen movie was made, and yeah it was everything from the book, for the most part. But it’s like Gus Van Sant recreating Psycho shot for shot. In fact it’s like arguing that that movie’s good for being a “faithful adaptation”. I literally do not give a fuck if something adapting a comic isn’t 100% accurate, it’s the people making it who can change around certain things for their adaptation. You can bitch and moan but whatever. If it ultimately does something interesting with the changes, or even if it doesn’t, but it’s a good movie regardless, I’m fine. So my dislike of the movie is less that and more on execution, and quite frankly the movie sucks and I’d rather read the comic than watch a 3-4 Ultimate cut that’s 100% visually like the comics, but still directed by a hairy monkey man overrated by random assholes on Yea Forums and some critic on The National Review

>extremely petty and superficial and clearly have a problem with Snyder and not the Watchmen movie.
If the movie cannot capture simple and superficial aspect of Watchmen can it even capture the deeper themes? And two, can you even understand the themes when the companion comic is completely ripped out in adapting the novel for movie audiences?

>lists posts of people just saying “it’s bad”
>EL OH EL AUTISTIC AMIRITE?!?!?!
Sorry people don’t like the movie Snyderfag, go pull a David Carradine you sexless manchild
>nb4 AUTISM TRIGGERED
I could really care if you like the movie, because regardless of that you’re an absolute retard

This looks fucking bad

Fuck, Raimi's Spider-Man came out way before those too.

>I could[n't] really care if you like the movie
>you’re an absolute retard
L M A O
M
A
O

Attached: faun.jpg (1073x598, 66K)

>If the movie cannot capture simple and superficial aspect of Watchmen can it even capture the deeper themes?
It captured it, and captured the deeper themes that you clearly don't give a fuck, you are triggered by a fantastic costume choice that represents the same as the comic version, the truth is you are likely a faggot that is just buttmad at DCEU garbage. Snyder understand Watchmen better than an imbecile that believes the costume changed due edgyness.

I hope a ancient curse plagues your bloodline I pray that every waking day of your life is filled with pain and misery. I eternally hope that one day when you wake up every bad thing in the world happens to you and only you

The movie was good. Stop being so autistic.

>muh sauce material
A movie should work by itself.

X-Men and Blade (if you count that) came out even before that. Really, Watchmen was the capstone to that era while Iron Man and Dark Knight were the start of what we have now.

Watchmen the movie doesn't work without Watchmen the comic either

Well, it makes sense people would follow the guy that was right.

the worst piece of shit I've seen this year

Violent white males. Why are white males so violent? why are white males looking for violence all the time, why do we push white males and then they commit violence? why, why cant white males just take it like every other race? another shooting, another shooting, another, white males every time. All these comic book """heros""" making white males commit violence, white males have done nothing since the dawn of time, and just do violence. White males never create, white males just destroy and hurt White males should just become white females, or anything else. Why are white males like this

Name the fucking themes it captured big boy? Did the five minute long sex scene Synder spent days filming fully capture's Dan's impotence in the face of global problems? How did a badass hardcore fight scene with Dan and Laurie effortlessly taking down a group of thugs capture the desperate brawl that leaves them breathless both signaling their inability to handle the crime fighter, their utter averageness, and their latent chemistry?

Watchmen the movie doesn't have any thematic arcs or character moments unless you read the comic and fill in what's missing. If you want a senseless edgy action film that takes itself too seriously I guess you're in luck. Otherwise the movie has nothing to offer unless you already read the comics.

He is implied to help cause it and survival means shit if you're drugged up slave to an abusive bunch of psychopaths.

The guy is a moron that doesn't understand anything about the medium, he is bitching about petty shit. It's a tendency capeshitters have, notice how they never talk about the "deeper themes", it's always about things looking "too cool" or not LOOKING like in the comics, they don't know shit, they repeat what smarter capeshitters have said before. At the end it's not about the movie being good or not, is about hating snyder for not making their daddy smile, it's like bitching about Jaws being a shitty adaptation becuase i'm a fan of of Brian Aldiss

Should've been this desu
youtu.be/YDDHHrt6l4w

Are you shitposting?

>There are people in this thread so young they just discovered brand recognition as a business tactic to get money

Not like the pure days of Hollywood when we got a dozen Jaw sequels, am I right, boys?

>Demonizing the police though black lives matter for years
>Pretend the left loves cops now
But why?

What’s is up with the far left pretending they were ever pro police recently? Do rich liberals realized cops the only people protecting them when shit hit the fan?

>Thinking: Alan Moore was right....

Did Moore consent to this?

The good guys are unironically zogbots, and the bad guys are anonymous/gilets jaunes esque rorshachs.

They should just call it Rorschach.

>Establishes that he doesn't want to adapt Watchmen until he ruminates on the tenants of Orthodox Judaism and decides to take the job
What did he mean by this?

>Lofty and pseudo-intellectual to the point that consumers will go "wow, that was DEEP" and eat it up without question
Yep, that's Lindeloff alright

IN

>You can dislike this show if you want, but you shouldn't because look how diverse our writers room is
>It's not Watchmen, it's our own original thing... but we're still calling it Watchmen because it's marketable

doubtful

LIVING COLOR

>With respect and hubris
You wrote a 5 page letter telling us your life story about how noble it is that you decided to accept a paycheck to adapt someone else's work that you yourself admitted shouldn't be fucked with or adapted, all while aping the style of said work in order to make your personal life and business decisions seem more cinematic.

My question is, how is he gonna work on this show when he's clearly disappeared up his own asshole like that?

>THE WATCHMEN ARE GONNA FIGHT DRUMPF
Oh boy I can't wait wow what an original concept I'm sure this won't be horribly dated and simplistic when compared to the social commentary in the original work

I read all of it, Lindeloff is a hack.

Looks like garbage.

Personally I hate how people keep trying to create sequels to the late Cold War snapshot of paranoia slash Nuclear Age fear, confusion, and scientific ambition when that stuff ended almost as soon as the comic was released. The comic's best qualities are historical so modernizing it misses the point entirely.

But even if you tried to create a spiritual successor to the comic, frankly, Fight Club was closer than this junk looks.

It's a teaser, so probably extrapolating a bit too much, but it just seems like neither a spiritual successor to Watchmen nor a very good idea on its own.

I like the movie as, like, a cliffnotes version of the story.

If I want Watchmen I'll read Watchmen, but the movie is fun to throw on in the background if I just want the aesthetic read to me. Also the opening montage is unironically fantastic.

>CALL ME... BLACK MANTA

KEK

>Scott Pilgrim
>faithful adaptation
For maybe like the first act and a half maybe. After the "You punched me in the boob" scene it's basically a complete reimagining.
>No Kim/Knives arc
>No beach trip
>No Ramona running away
>No Scott getting a job
>No Kim's roommates
>No sabbatical where Scott confronts his demons with Kim
>No rescuing Kim from the twins
>No subspace outside of one brief mention
>No closure with Envy and Knives
>No fight inside Honest Ed's

Why are the cops going full retard?

>Everything I don't like is Jewish trickery
You're the reason people embrace trash these days. They say "wow, those Nazi faggots hate this for reasons, I should embrace it just to oppose them!" and that's why the shit you hate goes on to make billions of dollars.

You've taken something as simple as "having taste" and aligned it with being a dipshit goosestepping conspiracy retard.

Okay, but why though? Nobody asked for this?

>Adrien Veidt rules the world with his police force, The Watchmen
To quote Mike Stoklasa,
"IT'S SO BAD, IT'S GONNA HAPPEN"

Literally the only reason I might watch this. Otherwise it's just more anti-white propaganda from Pedowood.

Service Mark because it's a service and not a product they're selling.

This.

Let me guess, it's full of mysteries that are intentionally left unsolved with an ending open to interpretation. His shtick is getting old and he has to stick to it because it's the only way he can write anything decent.

Will this trend ever end?

Beta shitskin

Attached: F69C2754-979C-411B-8BD7-555CB58A1A03.gif (276x232, 1.38M)

black women existing? Probably not.

I want to believe the tick tocking is supposed to be the cult missing the point, not the writers actually being fucking stupid.

Barry literally had the same character. She was killed in the end.

I think he meant the hyper competent female lead with no real flaws who exists to say "YES WOMEN" instead of being an interesting female lead.

really jumping the gun based off a two sentence description.

Don't be an ass. user knows what that is. You know what that is. I know what that is. This looks like absolute schlock and to give it the benefit of the doubt is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

>he became a religion

Attached: bonniefacepalm.gif (293x365, 850K)

Oh, I know it's going to be awful. But I don't think that character is going to be what you and other user think she's going to be.

>almost all bad guys are straight white males, they added one evil white girl because even hollywood noticed the agenda was too obvious
>good guys are black, all of LGBT in one character, and totally not secretly evil white dudes

I really doubt this one's going to be the exception from the recurring trend in schlock, user. You're free to assume the best of garbage if you like.

That's because the movie was made before the comic was finished

How do you continue getting work after writing Prometheus and Lost?

The same way you got people invested in them.
Lying.

>Rorschach was a conservative, therefore the cult that forms after his death will be alt-right/white-nationalists
>These alt-right terrorist cells wearing Anonymo- I mean "Rorschach" masks will try to destroy the entire country and probably also love Trump, the meet in churches in the deep south
>Our MC will be a strong black independent woman fighting against the racism and sexism prevalent in western society as well as crazed alt-right groups and evil conservative agendas
>Every single bad guy will be a cis white male

Huh they really went all out.

>we could have had a prequel series based off the tabletop modules that Moore wrote with the addition of seeing Dan and Rorschach's partnership grow and eventually dissolve
>instead we get this
Based DC once again knows what their fans want.

They're creatively bankrupt if Trump is president in an alternate reality where Nixon was still president in the 80's.

Was Rorschach alt right in the comic? It's been forever since I've read it and all I remember is him being misogynist and vaguely homophobic towards Veidt, but nothing that was outright malicious. Was he an out and out racist?

new waifu, calling it

It was implied, but he was never openly racist.

He reads a newspaper that's basically 1980s Breitbart. But nothing overt like him ranting about hating niggers or Jews in his journal. Dan is blatantly Jewish, but he still considers him a friend. And nowhere in the book does it imply he targets certain criminals for racially motivated reasons.

His conservatism is probably just politically motivated, not racially.

African-Americans have an average IQ of 85. IQ is mostly genetic.

He's basically the 80s equivalent of alt-right in the sense that that he reads conspiratorial fringe conservative rags and wears his personal sense of morality on his sleeve like a badge.

>cop
>Independent

Look... it's pointless I guess to try and point this out but I feel compelled to say anyway, being alt-right doesn't mean someone is racist. Even supporting Trump doesn't mean you are racist.

Why are the costumes so shit? Looking Glass is just a dude in a shiny morphsuit, Panda's a guy in a panda mask, the Cops and Kovachites are just as bland (And for some reason they're not using the Doctor Manhattan fabric), it's just so generic. Compare pic related with any of the original Moore characters - Soul vs Soulless.

Attached: screen-shot-2019-01-07-at-14-50-26-1546872667.png (1040x520, 390K)

it's usually a pretty safe guess on the former, though.

OK, ignoring Lindelof's overcomplexity, DC's creative bankruptcy and everything else covered in this thread, anyone feel like this trailer didn't feel "Watchmeny" at all? I mean the original book had it's own pastiches of Golden and Silver age comic book heroes and all we've got going here is Anonymous ripoffs and vigilantes with no real flair or theme to them? If they're mostly going to center around cops then it should've just been a prequel about Hollis and the founding of the Minutemen.

The Doctor Manhattan fabric was an unused prototype that Walter just happened to find because he worked in the garment industry. It would make sense that a cult that looks like it's made up entirely of rednecks and edgelords would use whatever they have available to make their masks.

There's a million directions they could have taken this in that could have made it more Watchmeny including that idea, 1970s New York with the Crimebusters, an adaptation of the tabletop modules Moore wrote, even fucking Before Watchmen. All of those would have been more inspired than something that looks like a reskin of an original idea that just had the Watchmen name slapped on it.

I think the angle they're going for here is much more interesting because rather than being a retread, it allows the show to be its own new thing while tangentially being tied to Watchmen. And it's far too early to be talking whether or not it has enough substance because we don't yet know much of the actual details of the overall plot and where it's going to go.

tl;dr - "me, me, me -- I totally respect Watchmen and all it stands for, but fuck Alan Moore and his wishes, me, me, me, all about me -- and I'll be taking my check now, idiots."

>implying aut-right mosque shooters talk to anyone irl
how many piss bottles do you have under your the head of your bed, user?

Attached: huwhite_knight.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Not what was said at all. Stop projecting.

Sorry that Watchmen essentially really went over your head, buddy

>dude Watchmen is pretty much a perfect comic book movie
>But the adaptation completely misses the point of the book
>HAHA MUH SOURCE GET FUCKED NERD
Kill yourself

The actual shame here is that they have the chance to create an actual alt-right/neo-nazi vigilante "hero" but won't do it. Imagine the costume design with hidden elements of an SS uniform.
If this was an Alan Moore spirited work they would also deconstruct the black heroine trope at the same time.
Imagine the art that could come from it and imagine the confused impotent shitstorms online.

Rorshach is basically a right-wing pundit wearing a mask so yeah

>modern-day reimagining

Attached: ds puke.jpg (621x621, 73K)

I am actually moderately looking forward to this.
Has nobody here seen the Leftovers? The guy behind this IS capable imo

Have you ever seen Lost? Or Prometheus? Or Star Trek: Into Darkness? He's behind those too.

Prometheus had good elements, story-wise; the film itself was crap though. The movies you mention are major hollywood productions, so there are huge restrictions for writers and rewrites en masse.
Lost is ok for what it was back then, mostly.

T.your average dcfag with shit taste

They legally can't make a direct sequel or they void their contract with Alan Moore and the rights to the series revert to him and Dave Gibbons in perpetuity. Between this and Doomsday Clock, I hope he's revving up a good lawyer.

A good adaptation of the source material, then.

>HEY GUYS I MADE RORSCHACH THE ENTIRE ALT-RIGHT I'M SUCH A SMART AND HANDSOME WRITER-PERSON HAHA

Fuck off, Lindelof.

Yeah, but script isn't everything. It's what you do with the script that also counts a lot.

I know there's no point explaining this to people who actively don't want to understand, but Snyder's Watchmen is a lot more intelligent than people give it credit for: the reason it's not colourful and hokey like the comic is that while the comic deconstructed the form and tropes of other comics throughout the decades, the film was doing the exact same thing with movies. Each decade in the movie has its own subtly different look in terms of framing, colour grading and art direction - for example 40's adaptations of comic and pulp material didn't make any effort to alter the looks of the source material, hence the costumes looking almost identical to those in the comics in those sections of the movie. Moving into the 80's we get Nite-Owl's Batman '89-esque getup and Owlship with a lot of interior details reminiscent of that film's Batmobile, Silk Spectre II redesigned more along the lines of Catwoman from Batman Returns, and Veldt as the character representing futurism/a hollow utopia wearing something clearly based on the awful 90's -And Robin/Forever-era movies that would come later.

>Lindelof

Attached: Disappointment 3.gif (300x225, 1.34M)

What are the chances of this being better than the comic? I have wanted to read the comic for years because I heard how good it is, but the trailer seems solid and I do want to get the best experience possible

>The Watchmen

Watchmen doesn't need a fucking sequel, let alone one where it's just riding off the title.
It's going to be a 'racism bad tolerance good' plot going by what I've seen. The original was all about breaking down super heroes and putting them in a shitty world they helped make. What are they going to do here?

So the fight scenes should have been what? Slide shows?

If you knew anything about these discussions you'd know watchmen is the reason many faggots were predisposed to hating Snyder when BvS and MoS came out.

This is why you don't seem to understand that ozy's nipple suit was absolutely a nod to schumachers batman. Just because you think capeshit started in 08 doesn't mean it did.

Cool. Now it's time to accept that others are angered by what intrigues you. You are no more "right" or "justified" in holding or sharing this opinion.

Nobody HAS to be hyped. It's cool that you are. Clearly many are not. Only a shill, official or not, demands people be excited for things they have no interest in or are actively put off bu.

>on Yea Forums
>say color in a visual medium doesnt matter

The squid is important because this is a cape comic.

Of course it is, but the movie isn't a capemovie and giantmonsters hold no meaning for late 2000s moviegoers. It was replaced with a similar trope from action movies. Holding the same meaning is more important than being the same and losing meaning. A movie that is seen in 3 hours can't be ingested in the same way a series that is designed to be re-read several times, consumed monthly for over a year.

see
and the thing is cinema is another medium, it has things like sound, dynamic lighting, music. How autistic do you have to be to not understand why is different (and why comics are not storyboards).
different mediums

They targeted dipshit alt-right losers Yea Forums...

I'm really hyped for this. 2019 is a good year, this and The Mandalorian are coming out. I know this sounds like Reddit, but I don't remember being this hyped for a show in a long time.

Attached: 20150710_001507.jpg (454x621, 174K)

they do not forgiv
they do not forget
something something
maga country

Attached: 1519655938165.png (225x225, 2K)

>"Who's Alan Moore?"

Attached: elon will be high as a kite by then 1548463893068.jpg (3000x1999, 224K)

I remember reading somewhere that Snyder did that purposefully to tweak the noses of execs who wanted a steamy sex scene against his wishes.

No idea if that's actually true, but if so, it worked a little too well.

>Now it's time to accept that others are angered by what intrigues you.
>Nobody HAS to be hyped. It's cool that you are. Clearly many are not.
user, I've been on Yea Forums for more than a decade at this point. I don't need to accept something that has been proven to be as certain as death for most of it.
>You are no more "right" or "justified" in holding or sharing this opinion.
I'm confused what makes you think I am. Earlier in this same thread, I was defending another another user who I disagree with who was just voicing their opinion.
If you inferred a suggestion of that I apologize. Rereading my previous comment, I could see how it could possibly come off that way as I didn't specify that I was just sharing my opinion. All I was trying to present was context and why I feel the way I do. It was not my intent to try to insist anyone feel the way I do, or differently than they do, because frankly the notion of doing so has proven to require a shitload more work than any joy or satisfaction I get out of it. Anyway, best wishes to you.

Nope. Still not willing to give him a chance even if he seems to be going into the scam on good faith. It is still a souless corporate cash in even if he is trying to bring soul to it.

The Quixotic attempt to being a faithful adaptation amidst a hollow corporate seequel not-sequel is hopeless.

That letter itself is more interesting than whatever trash is going to end up on screen and airing on HBO.

The show will be trash. A giant lump of absurd flesh teleported i to the middle of New York city, full of nothing but evil and lies. It doesn't matter if one scientist behind it had good intentions. The system is evil and corrupt.

from the perspective of a non-american, all this shit is just fucking bananas. There's no way to quantify the damage done or the gain reaped by different groups. Raced-based reparations is punishing (through removal of funds) one group because of the actions of a tiny minority of that groups ancestors, while rewarding a different group for a slight suffered by some of their ancestors.
Are you going to make Japanese americans pay reparations to chinese americans? Why not make all the Iroquois tribe-members pay reparations to other native-americans whose ancestors they raided, displaced and genocided?

Fucking madness

Attached: nigeria.jpg (960x924, 189K)

If you as the dominant group of people systematically oppressed and harmed another group of people in a way that for decades or centuries made them second class citizens or intentionally caused active harm on them, you as a society owe the group some kind of recompense, be it an apology or monetary settlement. Repetitions for slavery and then decades long separate but equal treatment doesn't mean giving people a lump sum, it can mean diverting significant amounts of revenue to infrastructure, healthcare, education in minority communities to help them gain opportunities that were before denied from them.

I'm pretty sure most people understand that, it just looks fucking awful. Ruining Dan's character just so you could make your own vapid, surface level deconstruction was a creatively retarded decision. In fact, Snyder sacrificed a lot of the deconstruction subtext so he could make his own visual themes which again are only skin deep at best.

Except he didn't.

How am I supposed to care about a tv show I no longer have any steak in?

Attached: Dr. Manhattan steak.jpg (295x171, 18K)

There honestly isn't a single word in that sentence that doesn't infuriate me.

is this an adaptation of Moore's comic?

I'm fairly certain that Moore was referring to an early draft of the screenplay by David Hayter when he made this compliment. To my knowledge he has not seen the film, or commented on its quality.

Cute

>An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop
based

Attached: 1510853084669.gif (485x300, 2.54M)

the "era" of capeshit Snyder's Watchmen was supposedly deconstructing was like 8 movies total.

That's only if yoiu are a braindead capeshitter that didn't saw anything about strangelove and cold war movies and action shit from the 70's and 80's