Untitled

youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fuck is this based on? Because that's sure as hell wasn't Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

>tick tock tick tock tick tock
>they're WATCHmen

Seriously

>Tick tock. Watchmen debuts this fall on HBO.

>Created by Damon Lindelof, Watchmen is a modern-day reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel about masked vigilantes. Starring Academy Award-winner Regina King, Don Johnson, Jeremy Irons, Jean Smart, Tim Blake Nelson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Louis Gossett Jr.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up having nothing to do with the original story. Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised if the marketing is only making it look as though it has nothing to do with the original.

It's intended to take place in the 2010's as a sequel to Watchmen.

Wait, does that mean Geoff Johns is going to imply stuff from this will happen in the Watchmen comic universe once he finishes Doomsday Clock? Fuck!

It's supposed to be a """"""""""""""sequel"""""""""""""" to Watchman.

I thought this was a Doomsday Clock announcement at first.

It's a sequel that takes place in modern times, and Jeremy Irons is playing Old Man Ozymandias.

>The fuck is this based on?
Some fanfic alt universe.

Is there a difference, really?

how embarrassing

>The fuck is this based on?

It's clearly based on Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons what it isn't is an adaption of
Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

See, words actually mean things. You should learn about it.

Alright, just wanting to know, is there anyone who wants to defend this or is everyone mostly in the same boat of disliking what they are doing?

Attached: It's a shocking plan.png (500x569, 408K)

tick tock tick tock tick tock, etc

"based on" means an adaption with liberties taken.

I'm interested in seeing how it shapes up. If it sucks, I'll quit watching it.

>all these rorschach wannabes can't even be bothered to go to a crafts store to buy the same fabric he used for his mask

Attached: 1552016281272.jpg (1280x546, 300K)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

It looks interesting as a show at least.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 542K)

>Army of anons dressed as Rorschach

sigh. This is going to get absorbed by the Maga morons/alt right.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

>It's a sequel
THEN WHY CALL IT WATCHMEN, GOD DAMN IT

I thought Kovac's mask was made up of a one-of-kind material specially ordered that pretty much no one else wanted?

>all those cops in stupid yellow masks
>and a furry

Branding.

They probably should've called it After Watchmen, though.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

i can smell a qanon/angry white boy militia analogy coming

retarded fuck

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 897K)

I didn't give a shit about Before Watchmen or Doomsday Clock. I look forward to seeing this though.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Johnstards

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

>No one's ever really gone

yeah, exactly...fucking hollywood fucks

What the hell is going on? I don't understand what the show is about other than Rorschach has gathered a following after his death, some implied racist or discriminatory violence, and that the police/State maybe have gone corrupt due to their change of uniforms and comments that people are hunting them down.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

I don't have high hopes, but if there are any, it'll be that at least they'll treat a Watchmen sequel with much more class than doomsday clock does.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

whats with this surge of watchmen shit semi recently? ive been seeing more shops with the trades, doomsday clock, and now this?

Attached: 1555993897980.gif (340x213, 951K)

You mean rejected. Fuck this stupidity.

It's because of the HBO show, it's been in the works for a while.

It's official DC WANTS everyone to hate them

>the same fabric
Which was a one of a kind made for one model, you dipshit

Attached: moore.png (665x396, 411K)

This has all the cringe parts of capeshit without anything that made Watchmen an exception

>Primary colors out the ass
Stop this.

At least they're not dressed as Clock King

>Lindelof

>head writer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>This is going to get absorbed by the Maga morons/alt right.
Absorbed? who do you think theyre trying to portray there? black israelites or something?

I thought this was Johnny Test lol

Attached: truth.jpg (1024x1476, 778K)

No one's ever really gone

It is HBO, we knew it was going to be shit since the announcement

>Whipmen

>PRAIS WAITETH FOR TH E O GOD IN ZON

>Great taste in TVs, man.

This was better when it was Moore himself saying it

Rorschtache?

Attached: stache.png (252x213, 38K)

Gathering of the Juggulos meets Rorschach

It doesn't look like it has any capeshit in it at all, aside from some people wearing shitty looking masks.

I am interested in further alternate history stuff, Irons Ozzy is great fucking casting and Don Johnson is awesome.

But user Chernobyl E1 was magnificent S3 of True Detective was great.

>Nothing ever ends

That pic would be a good Yea Forums banner.

>NOTHING EVER ENDS
Because you won't let it die you fucks.

Attached: 1845dff128d9eb4dc35dacf162b026cc.jpg (400x450, 16K)

>white man bad

But no one's ever REALLY gone.

(upvoted)

Attached: nothing ends, anon. nothing ever ends.png (300x100, 11K)

Silly user. This will premier, get a few seasons, and then get cancelled before doomsday clock ends

He gets us.

Attached: HhSctwv.jpg (750x938, 249K)

As said in the other Thread already, Roadzack specifically gave his journal to an openly racist newspaper, so of course, most of the people who are going to believe his words are going to be readers of that newspaper. So most of the believers of his journal are going to be whites. That make complete sense when you think about it.

That being said, it's kind of a curious take, really. Basically, there will be a group of Alt-Right believing in a conspiracy theory about how a rich Liberal basically caused terrorist attacks to force his own view on the world, which is not too far off from what Alt-Rights in real life actually believe, except, in this story, those guys are actually correct.

Wow, that shitty movie really did some work on the autismos huh

>So instead I pray to his gods. I pray to Cthulhu. I pray to 42, the Eternal Cosmic Number. I pray to Dr. Manhattan, far away in a galaxy less complicated than this one.

Attached: ef3.jpg (652x499, 54K)

Attached: 1557341737640.jpg (186x73, 12K)

oh i know, i have no issue with the concept. it looks like the guy fawkes mask for the alt/far right.

Based Chadledoff working seething Yea Forums virgin marks into a seething shoot!

Do we know if the squid happened in this version?

>Making Rorshach the bad guy

God i hate modern tv

read Roadzack is dead. It's about the consequence of his journal. And trying to narrow down people who actually believe the truth as the bad guy is a bit too much of a simplification for it to be right.

Only good thing about this desu
Rorschachfags are the worst

>Damon Lindelof

Attached: tenor.gif (220x366, 1M)

How did it come to this, Watchmen becoming just another capeshit franchise?

Attached: aba.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

>he hasn't seen Leftovers

>Clock imagery
At least they respected that.

Watchmen is an engaging story that inspire people to write more about it.

Yeah, it was an adaptation while this is an original work.

Well, it all started aaaall the way back in 1984, when Alan Moore started work on what would become Watchmen as a work-for-hire project and not a creator owned one...

>Yeah, it was an adaptation while this is an original work.
The Leftovers was as much an adaptation as this is. Leftovers - especially seasons 2 and 3 - was basically its own thing.
This is effectively a sequel to Watchmen.

Stop talking about things you don't understand.

>as a work-for-hire project and not a creator owned one...
Testimonies would later diverge on how clear this situation was to all parties involved.

technically it was more like "this project IS creator owned, but you're giving us exclusive license while it's on print." then they just never stopped printing it

>Watchmen's universe incels adopting rorshacks phylosophy
Let's not kid ourselves thats pretty close to what would happen

Attached: Steam Avatar threads.jpg (790x728, 39K)

I should point out that they all seem to be men, so I'm willing to bet some kind of gender war is going to be part of the story.

Attached: Guys.jpg (352x370, 26K)

Alright yes, it was technically a creator owned project, but it was a very shady contract that might as well have been work-for-hire. Obviously you can't predict how successful anything will be but it's not like DC didn't advertise the hell out of the series and didn't publish it in a fancy no-ads premium format. They were setting it up as an evergreen story and never planned to give Moore and Gibbons the rights back.

>But user Chernobyl E1 was magnificent S3 of True Detective was great.
It's coming out on a post-GoT HBO user. There's a 50/50 shot they are going to use Big Bird to help promote this show. youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4

see

I knew fucking Lindelol would create a small army of Rorschach followers

Again, how isn't that the most logical consequence ?

>retards who take Rorschach's words to heart are all men
Geez, you don't say.

This Its just your cop, criminal detective vs criminal organisation.

>FROM DAMON LINDELOFF, THE MAN WHO FAMOUSLY LOBOTOMIZED RIDLEY SCOTT
Oh boy, what could possibly go wrong?

Attached: IMG_20190508_095407.jpg (146x149, 12K)

Still, it was a tatter of fabric he "stole" from his low paying factory job, it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Ridley Scott can fuck up on his own. I like the guy, I'll even go to bat for the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, but let's not pretend he hasn't made some stinkers all by himself.

Daily reminder that Rorschach was literally /ourguy/
>When you see it....

Attached: BF30B1A5-EAE0-400B-961F-50E6807B31FA.png (800x877, 819K)

Seems to be loosely based on some early WatchmeX arcs. They didn't show the squid people, but I'm hoping they make it in.

Attached: WatchmeX-ReturnOfTheComedian.jpg (300x462, 50K)

>only men could possibly believe that truth is important

yep, seems about right.

>Ridley Scott can fuck up on his own.
This. Lindeloff has his own long list of screw ups, but Scott had the control there.

Yes. This will actually finish this century. Doomsday Clock, not so much.

Attached: DDC10.jpg (1987x3056, 1.46M)

Perfection.