The Flash #70 Storytime

The Flash: Year One begins NOW!

Attached: The Flash 070-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: The Flash 070-001.jpg (3975x3056, 1.02M)

Attached: The Flash 070-002.jpg (1988x3056, 990K)

Attached: The Flash 070-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

Attached: The Flash 070-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.07M)

Attached: The Flash 070-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.42M)

Attached: The Flash 070-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.25M)

Attached: The Flash 070-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.42M)

>Barry is a comic book nerd
Good start

Attached: The Flash 070-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: The Flash 070-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: The Flash 070-010.jpg (1988x3056, 839K)

Attached: The Flash 070-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Attached: The Flash 070-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: The Flash 070-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.24M)

>this time Joker is gonna cut his ENTIRE HEAD OFF
is anyone actually shocked by Snyder's sophomore edgy bullshit anymore?

Attached: The Flash 070-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Attached: The Flash 070-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Attached: The Flash 070-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.19M)

Attached: The Flash 070-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

Attached: The Flash 070-018.jpg (1988x3056, 719K)

Attached: The Flash 070-019.jpg (3975x3056, 2.66M)

Attached: The Flash 070-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.37M)

Attached: The Flash 070-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.28M)

Thanks for reading. Support the Official Release at your Local Comic Shop.

Batman & The Outsiders: Detective Comics: Shazam: The Batman Who Laughs:

Attached: The Flash 070-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Good lettering

Jay? What are you doing there?

Attached: Jay punch.jpg (303x670, 92K)

it's barry homie. the older one that williamson has been using this entire run

>Wally's vibration explosions

Huh, I did not know that.

I wish. Not having Jay for this story would be a crime

sniff
Anyway, I'm not feeling this issue but I'll keep reading this arc, it looks mildly interesting

Attached: 1542168175660.png (325x322, 173K)

>That time Jay beats Eclipso by throwing a bunch of bricks
God I miss the JSA. Their Christmas issue was great too.

Attached: Brickthrowing technique.jpg (953x738, 277K)

>he learns fast but also forgets fast
Barry is dumb comfirmed

>Turtle conquers Central City.

Based and slowpilled.

NEEEERRRRRRDDD

>The last chapter of their Batman saga
Thank God

Old Barry is Pretty hot.

That many shoes seem like it'd be a lot of cash.

Even his Year One is him fucking up the timeline! When will it end?!!

Ey reading Golden Age Flash Comics.

This is okay but it also should have been done years ago

But I thought Barry was supposed to be the smart cookie of the Flash family

I really like the colors in this page

He must figure out some way around it, otherwise no Flash Facts

Jesus, time travel already?

they are going to turn the turtle into "drumpf" aren´t they?

Goes to show you how dumb the rest of the family are

All of this Jay dropping makes me mad.
Is he even gonna show up somewhere in this series? You can't have a good Flash book without Jay, he's like the Flash's Yoda.

Sometimes I think the accident that gave him his powers was not an accident but the same speed force choosing his avatar for this era

Fucking awesome page here!

This is riding that line where I can't tell if you're kidding or not

Welcome to 1995 when Waid retconned this to be the case.

Probably once he's let out of the "can't be touched till I finish Doomsday Clock" box by Johns.

So you know in 500 years.

Actually I think Barry being the Lightning that hit... Himself has been a thing since Crisis.

>calorie intake is high

come on man

Barry wouldn't have met Jay in his "year one" anyhow. I bet Year One will probably finish with the scene of Iris introducing Barry and Wally, which is well before Barry meets Jay.

Yes, that's from Secret Origin. But the Speed Force choosing him like it chose everyone else is something from the 90s.

So why does this exist? Everyone who would want to read a Flash comic already knows his origin, does this really need a time travel arc?

thanks for the story time

They're updating his origin. Notice how now he's using a smartphone while being struck by lightning? That's what this is for. Also to include August Heart, Barry's one true best friend, into his backstory retroactively. August is going to be the one who pushes Barry and Iris together so we can all thank him for creating The Flash Family.

>Why is someone like her interested in someone like me?
>Tall
>Blonde
>Blue eyes
>Muscular
>Good looking

Gee Barry, I wonder why.

>the virgin chad Barry Allen

I always thought the first few minutes of being a Speedster would involve a lot of tripping, running into walls and freaking out as you bop in and out of different regions of the world.

>Casually time-travelling

People say Superman is OP? They don't know shit about Flash.

It's a turtle story? Neat can't remember the last time he was used.

The art in this issue isn't bad, but I do think if you're going to invoke the year one monicker you really need to have a more stoic and reserved look. This, and again I don't think it's bad just misplaced, seems a bit too candy coated and cartoonish.

Superman used to casually brute force time travel as well. Seems you're the one that doesn't know shit.

They should've used Manapul for this arc

I think they're giving barry aspergers.

Contrast it to Wally, who just decided to use his good looks and superpowers to lay super models and shit.

So the thing Barry will remember will either be Jay and his inspiration leading to getting him back from the speedforce. Either that or we get Jay and Max back to properly rebuild the Flash Family

Must smell horrid around all those burnt shoes.

imagine the smell...

I like the Thawne quote slipped in there.

>Snyder capullo
I wouldn't go that far, I'm he's indeed a dick...but come on, don't put it in a comic

imagine the smell

Flash fact: the villain of Barry's first issue was the turtle

They have mazzuchelli-lite in fornes. Shoulda stopped making him draw kings Batman shitshow and have him draw this to have his own year one.

It seemed they were going that route with Ezra in the film. He's even played an aspie before in something else iirc. DC seems to know Barry has zero personality and want to give him a thing. It's why they make him Wally or fuck with him in any adaptation, film game cartoon or television.

>time travel in year fucking one.
Damn it, I was into it up until that.

to be fair from all the flashes the only one able to read fast and keep the information is Bart.

Not sure I like this.

>DC seems to know Barry has zero personality and want to give him a thing
Barry jas always been an awkward nerd.

Blame Yea Forums fags and the people who bitch about “OPness”.

Barry's really fun to read in Silver Age comics, it was when he died that suddenly he became a perfect angel that would make Superman blush.

Barry hasn’t had an origin issue since the Silver Age

It's dumb, and honestly at this point I just want Flash to stop trying to be so dramatic all the time. I just want some weird fun speedster stories in the mix, they don't always need to be about ruining his life or murder.

I know. Gotta have bullshit time travel nonstop and cataclysms.

This is so stupid.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the time travel so much if the cataclysms didn't always follow, Flash has always had time travel as a frequent guest. It just wasn't a huge deal until Zoom and Flashpoint, it was another excuse to see new settings.

Yeah. Just fun romps off on Earth 2 or in the Jurassic period or something. Not this.
Also, if Barry is learning about muh time travel chaos right off the bat in year-fucking-ONE, won't this negate Flashpoint and all that? Or is Barry just that stupid? Of course he is.

Yes but it's been retold a billion fuckinh times, like in Flash Rebirth.

Won't meet Jay but he meets his older self via time travel. This crashed right off the bat.

Jay only arrive later on. Without covert JSA too.

The time travel already wrecked it. Clearly Barry learns nothing because Flashpoint still happens.

There's literally a comic called Secret Origin.

Barry has four origin stories. This will be the fifth.

Flashpoint always happened because of Pandora and Dr.M.

Post Doomsday Clock won't revert pre flashpoint back entirely.

Yeah true, I just mean the fact that Barry fucks off to the past to try and save his mom.

Are they retconning dead mom? Because that ruins Barry I’m sorry. Well not ruins but cripples

She's still dead. For the moment at least. God only knows what BS Williamson will pull.

>Original Silver Age
>Flash Rebirth
>This one

Which ones am I missing? Does N52 count or not really?

Showcase, Secret Origin, Flash Rebirth, and the New 52 origin. This makes 5. All retconning/updating/retelling his origin. That's not even really counting Life Story which kind of includes it but it's not the point of the story like these other ones.

I don't see how New 52 #0 doesn't count. It's just like this, a straight up flashback/retelling of his origin.

Can't get rid of it. It's how they rope in batfags. Same reason Superman's parents are going to be dead forever, too.

Thanks anons.

Isn't Jor 'el still around? I haven't touched AC or Superman since Bendis took over.

Yeah.

Oh shit

Except Wally and Professor Zoom of course.

Time travel day one is stupid. It took Wally years to learn this.

Agreed. I was fine with the comic until that. What a fucking travesty.

Isn't time travel a fucking art that speeders spend years to master? Fuck is this! Maybe barry contains some raw power cause he just got his powers? idk

It's still dumb as hell. This comic went from great to shit just with that alone.

Nah, Barry was time travelling super early on in his SA days. You can't do Barry Allen without time travel.

I get being exhausted by it but this is par for the course.

Porter's really going all-out with these page layouts.

How early are we talking? 123 was him zipping over to Earth 2 accidentally. Genuinely curious because my Silver Age Flash knowledge is kinda lacking.

Wally is straight up faster, the Reverse Flashes speed Vs the Flashes speed though is basically entirely dependent on the Plot. Though I think it's more how fucking ruthlesss single minded they are than just being faster that makes them such big threats.

Dont know why but Porter and Year One dont look so good together to me

Him and Wally go on time travel adventures very early on. Like when Wally is still wearing the mini me outfit, so within the first 20 issues.

>Those vials
Thanks doc

speaking of the Mini-Me outfit, what was the ridiculous thing that magically changed that costume to his yellow one again?

Barry and Wally's first meeting is probably gonna be part of the final issue of this story or something so I wonder if we'll see the Mini-Me suit lol, it's barely acknowledged most of the time.

I know Mini-me Wally was #110, so yeah that's pretty early on.

husbando

Bump.

Year one with mazzuchellis and millers writing art has a very specific vibe and style and pace. The art here is jarringly opposed to the stoic, reserved pages of Year One.

Should have gotten fornes or Lee weeks. Colors should have been flatter too. There's no read of use the year one name if they're making Cotten candy looking trash.

>always
That's not true at all. Manhattan didn't become a thing until darkseid war I thought.

where can I see him moar
I cant wait 2 weeks bro

read this run. williamson uses old flash from time to time (the start of flash war for one) but i can't remember exact other issues

Bump

DADDY
A
DADDY
DADDY
Y

Thanks, Barry. You inspired me.

Attached: Senior Barry Logo.png (1100x1380, 97K)