The War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1 Storytime

Amadeus Cho and his charitable Protectors were first formed to defend themselves and random New Yorkers from a renegade group of human-eating aliens. Now with a supermassive global war raging through, they have to group again, as the NEW ASIANS OF ATLAS!

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanxia_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wave is your typical reckless peenoise.

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-001_r.jpg (780x1200, 291K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-002_r.jpg (780x1200, 326K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-003_r.jpg (781x1200, 220K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-004_r.jpg (780x1200, 301K)

Why is this so asian?

That Pan-Asian School first appeared in Infinity: The Hunt (2013).

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-005_r.jpg (780x1200, 313K)

Because Greg Pak himself is Korean-American and wants to present his heritage

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-006_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 569K)

>pear
>pear
>pear

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-007_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 576K)

Peary nice.

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-008_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 658K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-009_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 632K)

I guess that's fine if it was his idea and not editorial throwing asian creators onto an all asian team up book. Just seems strange to me, especially Silk, being Korean was never a big thing for her.

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-010_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 509K)

Now it's time for the Future Fight OCs to shine

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-011_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 737K)

More like Asians of Atlas

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-012_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 669K)

LuL using China - Philippines war, Hope to see Mad lad Duterte in this serie

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-013_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 676K)

winnie the pooh

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-014_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 670K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-015_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 564K)

I still don't like Woo running a school for supers in Asia and the Agents of Atlas name not referring to a squad of heroes from that Atlas Comics era.

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-016_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 544K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-017_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 656K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-018_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 621K)

Back to the Leinil Yu-designed flip who's much-shilled by ABS-CBN into discussing possible castings and .

>Manila's burning
Nice unintentional Dan Brown shout-out Pak

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-019.jpg (3975x3056, 3.75M)

"Toto" is Rapa Nui (South Pacific Easter Islander) for blood, while "Pele" is the North Pacific Hawaiian goddess of fire, lightning, wind, dance and volcanoes.

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-020_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 532K)

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-021_rr.jpg (1200x1846, 607K)

Sword Master, despite being in the covers of this issue, does not appear in the interior pages. See you in two weeks for his proper American comic book debut!

Attached: War of the Realms - New Agents of Atlas 001-022.jpg (1987x3056, 1.11M)

pretty fine

>8th
Thought he was the 7th

Pretty decent, pacing was fucking rushed. But they had introduce 6 "new" characters to Western audiences, though.

its obviously a Korean pear

Moon Girl bumped everyone else down 1.

Oh hey, they put White Fox in her MFF suit.

This book has no business being this interesting/good.

Is Aero's single issue out yet?
I have it in chinese and the art is pretty but I wish I knew what they were saying.

>Is Aero's single issue out yet?
In this July's Aero #1, with a backup story continuing her adventures with that peenoise, in Shanghai.

Fuck PieDIEpie Fuck Marvel Fuck this Comic
Hope DC comics gibe us FIRST INDIA SUPERHERO
India n°1

Nice to see Earth gods other than the Asgardians and the occasional olympians show up during these sorts of events.

so these are characters from the mobile games
who owns the rights?
if the mcu wanted to use the new characters could they?

That was only while Mr Fantastic was gone and the Maker is unlisted due to him being unknown and having to adapt to the new laws of physics.

It's unclear who is really at the top.

Marvel and a Chinese game publisher own the rights. And yes, they technically they can put them in the MCU if they wanted to.

>Leinil Yu-designed
So she has a giant ass?

Attached: classic yu.png (614x230, 230K)

Still need to tier 2 this bitch

>Chinese
That's Korean. Those two Chinese characters were made in association with NetEase for their webcomic platform.

The Ching Chong Champions is a retarded idea.

NANDO POWA SUTANDO DA!

But the Champions of Europe and Euro-Force are fine?

>book full of asian heroes
>including mobile game OCs
>and OC’s from china only marvel comics
>no supreme radiant friend
It’s because she’s too kawaii, isn’t it?

Attached: 59EF39D6-F366-456B-ACD6-5D193AF17C4D.jpg (1920x2951, 1.26M)

It wouldn’t be a Yu design without one.

Because Akira Yoshida has made it his goal to add more asian representation to marvel, so that he can hopefully appeal to asian markets. But really all he has to do to appeal to asians is to put Spidey and Iron man in more things.

It's a shame that because of Disney stealing away Big Hero 6, Sunfire and Supreme Radiant Friend are literally the only Japanese superheroes that Marvel has left.

I hope Supreme Radiant Friend choked to death on Jim Hammond's synthezoid dong

it was in the later arc in her solo, even included a costume change to reflect that

Plot twist: It's actually a Taiwanese pear.

If I were Marvel and wanted to appeal to Asian markets, I'd just give Japanese Spider-Man his own comic. Maybe integrate him and Leopardon into 616 somehow.
Also, maybe create a Japanese Iron Man that uses a mecha.

she's old

I guess that’s why Mickey Musashi never shows up in anything.

>create a Japanese Iron Man
They already made one for Hong Kong, I don’t see what’s stopping them from making another.

Attached: 06090FC3-9407-4926-85CE-13D5452B4927.jpg (900x1366, 175K)

Greg Pak was reminded how he passes for white so now he has to double down on his yellow side for street cred.

How the fuck have the hand or the pacific overlords not taken that place over yet?

lol, that is such a dumb weakness I love it

Yeah, it makes no sense if the whole MO of the agents of atlas was to make the world think that they’re a villainous organization while dismantling all of Golden Claw’s crazy take over the world schemes that he had set up for decades prior. Worse yet, now Gorilla man is stuck in Aaron’s avengers while Bob, M-11, Namora, and Venus are trapped in comics limbo.

>have the power to freeze things but not the power to control ice
>get frozen solid because someone show water at you

Attached: 1554416321354.jpg (360x362, 96K)

What do you expect from the people that bought you the Black only Avengers and Women only Avengers?!

Attached: richards mocks that faggot doom.png (407x455, 255K)

And now Sharon has to wait for the next Captain America corps book.

Attached: F0B50333-1E77-4804-B96A-EA4F7EE09787.jpg (684x649, 76K)

>black only avengers
I don’t think that one was a thing.

They had a parody of him in an arc of the last Weapon X series.

Why is Kamala even on this team? She ain't really Asian.

Mighty Avengers under Bendis. Granted She-Hulk is also there, but she is just the token non-black of the team.

>Pan-Asian School for the Unusually Gifted
Wasn't this one of the schools they talked about during Avengers Academy, along with a Wakandan one and a superior Latverian one as well?

That's probably why she leaves midway through the issue.

Where is Haechi?!?

Koreans are descended from bears

This was Bendis’s Mighty Avengers team, you’re talking about Ewing’s team which had She-Hulk and briefly Spock which invalidates your ‘all black avengers team’ claim. Goddamn fucking casual spouting shit all of the fucking time like they know anything.

Attached: 112C34AB-7337-43DA-AEB2-E9F9063110E2.jpg (1280x1968, 572K)

Anyone remember when Cho was very clever and interesting? What happened?

Meh, I guess it depends show your powers work?

Remember when Cho was smart, before he got muscles and let his dick take over completely?

Sure, but even then, that would mean that Moon Girl is number 2. Regardless, Cho is lower than MG so MG's introduction bumps Cho down.

>Chinese
Korean game publisher for Luna Snow and Crescent/Io. Pretty sure Marvel fully owns the two Chinese heroes, though I could be wrong there.

>Pretty decent, pacing was fucking rushed.
Agreed. Too many rare/new characters to mix in, should have started small and built on. I also would have been fine if all the X-Americans were ditched.

>Mighty Avengers under Bendis
It didn't have a single black person on the team. The fuck are you on about?

But I like her sexy suit from Hotshots.

First off, you’re thinking of Ewing’s mighty avengers and secondly Kaluu and White Tiger, who were also on the team aren’t black.

That’s technically just her original look, unless she gets something else in later issues.

Attached: A32802EB-94A9-4317-917F-7F959B94E32F.jpg (1984x2904, 1.79M)

Probably killed off panel by Cates terrible OC vox, along with most of the inhumans.

Word. That volume of New Warriors ended too soon.

>
Wait a second did she laugh in korean?

Attached: 1554862654523.png (314x278, 129K)

Well duh, she’s not going to laugh in english or spanish.

This. I like that thigh gap.

Attached: Ami_Han_(Earth-616)_from_Contest_of_Champions_Vol_1_1_001.jpg (1580x2216, 968K)

Busy giving Sungirl his weird lion-dragon-dog knot.

>Anyone remember when Cho was very clever and interesting? What happened?

Gamma

Gamma rays are hell of a drug.

Agents of Atlas was always an Asian concept

I thought they did. I mean, Anyone that ever goes to japan has to fight legions of ninjas.

Hope they make an Indonesian motherfucker like this Dude

Attached: images (2).jpg (228x221, 16K)

>White Tiger
>She-Hulk
>SpOck

So...bad time to kill Loa off

Shang-Chi has more combat experience than everyone on that jet. Why is he not in charge?

> Korean American writer makes the Korean American main character the strongest, smartest, and now the leader of the Pan Asian Team.

Don't understand it either...

WHERE'S SUNFIRE YOU FUCKS
ALL ASIAN TEAM AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET ONE OF THE ONLY COOL ONES

>K pop star who's also a super hero
Been watching Korean dramas huh?

How many issues until these guys fight Fing Fang Foom

>Jpop star on the team with kpop star
You fool they would be forced to write a singing part

>Sunfire
>cool

Attached: A5359BE2-822A-4FE1-B489-F18EA4883C44.gif (480x360, 1.66M)

Are there only female Future Heroes characters and just Sword Master?

He's stuck in Age of X-Man teaching a bunch of Baka Gaijin teenagers.

There’s also Aero, some long time asian marvel characters, and the new OC Wave.

Attached: 24F7D26F-20CB-4A8D-B4F5-253FB14B1E1E.jpg (1151x1199, 370K)

I doubt actual japanese people would care so much. They already have a national market full of super heroes.

There is also the Braddock toddler who is already a genius. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already smarter than Cho.
Before the end of the year, they'll probably introduce a phoetus who outsmarts Reed Richards

barefoot hawaiin fire god

Attached: 1555829279075.gif (560x560, 265K)

God I want Mr. Lao and the Dragon's Corridor to show up

Maybe Jimmy will consult with Mr. Lao at some point.

>covering the kids ears from the loud gunfire

I have never seen that in a comic before. Neat touch and definitely instantly makes me like the OC

>Fox girl
>Loli
>Idol

Thanks Korea

Why is Jimmy letting these jokers use his secret empire's IP?

Because they cancelled Market's book years ago and then later on during infinity some dumbass had the bright idea of making Jimmy the head of a school for superpowered kids in asia even though he was still supposed to be acting the part of a secretive supervillain running an underground empire. And that's what Pak decided to go with for this book.

Because Cho is literally Pak's OC.

WHEN'S BTS COMIC, MARVEL?!

>Young Heroes
>Shang-Chi
huh?

Silk is supposed to be the same age as Peter Parker

Is it explained why Jimmy abandoned his old team which helped him start his entire Green Hornet not really an evil empire evil empire who stuck by him through thick and thin, got criminal records with SHIELD for him, and have known him for decades for Team Asian?

Pak really isn’t doing anyone favors pushing the stereotype that Asians will fuck over non-Asians at the drop of a hat for their own people.

Sunfire would openly talk shit about the Koreans and Chinese on the team, which would make an interesting dynamic but would ruin the Pan Asian brotherhood bullshit Pak is trying to imply.

>10 minutes ago
>I'm the 8th smartest person in the world
fuck off Cho

Namora left to return to Atlantis, she started that Atlantean superhuman school, sent Water Snake clones (from the last New Warriors series) out on a mission to find Namorita, and started a revolution against Namor during Secret Empire

Gorilla-Man was part of Deadpool's Mercs for Money, and now he's working as T'challa's buttmonkey/butler

3D-Man seems to have quit off panel. He was part of Dr Doom's ad-hoc avengers team during Axis.

Venus may have died with the rest of the Greek Pantheon in No Road Home...

No clue where Bob and M-11 are. Uranus?

>Be literally trained from birth as Fu Manchu’s ultimate weapon
>Dismantle his empire by punching it to death.
>Now have to take orders from a fucking child.
He didn’t deserve this.

Moon Girl will never be number 2. That spot is reserve for Doom.

Attached: doom.png (418x479, 328K)

Wow Kamala, what a cunt.

boring as fuck issue until this last page. Nice to see Pele though

>Marvel dismantles and scatters one of the best teams they’ve had in decades
>Enjoy your Pan Asian bullshit team instead
>No Jimmys not doing the Green Hornet thing anymore, suck it down
Fuck you Marvel.

Same reason Kamala was in charge instead of Cho, who got the most experience or Sam, someone who got the 2nd most experience. Shitty comic book politics benched them in favor of inexperienced Kamala.

I know. Korea is based

Parker was the only person who cares about the team, marvel higher ups sure didn't, so there was no one around to fight for it. There best you can hope for is that once this book is either cancelled or rebranded, either Jeff Parker comes back to write another book with Jimmy and the rest of the team or some other writer decides to do something with the real agents of atlas.

You do know this isn't a team from countries on the Asian continent, but literally Marvel took all the asian characters and jammed them into a team for literally no reason other than virtue signalling. Marvel had Big Hero 6 before, which was an actually decent idea because it wasn't racist trash like this series.

Cry harder, I'm sure that'll show 'em.

Big Hero 6 was full of outdated anime stereotypes

If they really want to appeal the market they have to sell it first. We want the classic, not another C-list capeshit we already had enough in our 3rd world. Please translate them into gook rune!

If they wanted to introduce an asian team for the asian market, DON'T DO IT DURING AN EVENT! New readers won't pick this up cause its a tie into something they know nothing about

Honestly the really annoying thing is that until this weird push most of the Asian American heroes didn't give a shit about their home countries and were born and raised in the West, hell Jimmy was born in the 1930's and he is basically Alien to modern Chinese culture because he completely missed the rise and fall of Communism.

Ethnic appeal is RISKY so they take shits together. How deceptive.

I miss long hair Silk bros

Attached: 5BF21756-E836-4881-BBD0-A6B4676EC69D.jpg (900x1180, 189K)

Maybe because captain marvel succed in korea? There was a sperg about captain marvel comic's korean cover edited into long hair.

the gook publisher said they already made it before the movie but moviefags were like REEEEEE cut her hair right now

Valeria will also apparently be smarter than Reed some day.

...I'd fuck it.

No one ever remembers Wanxia/Coldmoon.

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanxia_(Earth-616)

Who's that?
And I think they already have an Indonesian character. I think her name was Komodo or something.

Real hero moves

Peter got deaged again?

Marvel thinks manga doesn't exist and therefore there's a huge untapped market of asians who will never read comics out there unless they're given an asian version of established superhero team

Shang Chi's getting his own movie, who do you think is next from Atlas?

>Manila's burning
That'd be an improvement.

Yo, is Manila that bad?

I honestly think the Philippines needs to have a civil war or something. Just really anything that will burn that place to the ground, so that they can start over without all the shitty infrastructure, drug problem, and corrupt politicians.

Yeesh, are you from the Philippines? Seems like you hate that place a lot.

>Pakistani
It still counts.

I want a Triumph Division mini of them just fighting Philippine folklore monsters.

Val's already smarter than Reed.

That's a fucking orange, you dumb gooks.

Has Yea Forums fallen this down to really think that meme characters deserve to be taken seriously when it takes away from other characters.
Marvel is dumb, but so is this board.

>who's much-shilled by ABS-CBN into discussing possible castings

Why am I cringing at this, even though it was expected?

Silk deserves better than this

Why are these asian characters together at this school?
>that yellowish face
Is marvel redpilled?
Better than Pak? Her solo series were mediocre as fuck.

Silk got to be a trained SHIELD agent that got out of the academy pretty much right before Secret Empire happened and it all got shut down. That's some wasted concept potential right there, hell they could've made her loyal to Hill since she doesn't have the years of experience to know how greedy for power and control the woman is.

That's about as orange as Xavier's wheelchair.

Wait, I thought they established that the "Venus" that was with Agents of Atlas wasn't actually the goddess Venus?

I'm always really iffy seeing Tutu Pele in comics. As tradition, my family still makes offerings to her in volcano national park when we can. Grew up seeing her as the most power and frighting of the gods. So seeing her get one up'ed, being bested, or looking weak in anyway is going to make me a little peeved

At some point Aphrodite kidnapped Venus and tortured her because she was pissed that she went around calling herself he goddess of love, after she was saved Aphrodite realized how detached she had become from the concept of love that she gave up the title of goddes of love to Venus and then fucked off to rediscover what love was. Venus then got promoted to actual god and got a slight bump in power. If Venus did die with the gods of Olympus, then she was definitely reborn with them in their new forms.

Attached: 237B8054-5DEC-43D7-9150-5AA2C259EA92.jpg (1040x1600, 636K)

Very lovely ladies

Coming soon their own Rule34

that's why comics tend to use gods from dead religions. Polynesian paganism doesn't get enough press.

With the new event, now is a good time as any

They constatly introduce teams, that they know wouldn't get any traction normally, in events just get sales from people that want all of the tie-ins. They then either get a mini or a series that barely makes it into double digits and who will be qietly forgotten about, like the team of vampires that was introduced during Fear Itself.

Attached: Forgiven_Final-674x1024.jpg (674x1024, 205K)

Attached: 8b5.jpg (960x537, 82K)

why am I getting MK11 vibe? is it just because I played through story mode recently?

>re-baptize

Maybe not the best thought out choice of word.

Why Kamala such a bitch in team books?

Based Korea

Oh shit, the loli's gonna rape Cho

[Laughs in Korean]

You're not the only one

>Why is Kamala even on this team? She ain't really Asian.
Shes a quarter Indian so that counts

>y'all

Great counter-point you fuckwit. Fake fan asshats like you that only care about being woke have ruined comics.

And this group of pointless characters aren't filled with outdated tropes? Fine Marvel is retarded, how about the Great Ten from DC. They actually make sense. This is just trash for stupid people.

user, like it or not, it's canon. Not tenuously canon, but recognized in multiple books, including non-meme books, as canon. You can pretend it's not the case all you want, but if someone asks the question why Cho is down to 8 instead of 7, that's the answer.

Says a fake fan asshat like your self who keeps pretendin to be a so-called "fan" when you don't grow up

Keep it up outragefag, that'll definitely show'em.

Isn't sticking them all on a team together just because they're all Asian (not even the same nations) racist?

Attached: 1557120639667.jpg (589x641, 142K)

no one.

Shang-Chi is the only Asian character Marvel has that can hold his own solo movie

What the fuck? Did Marvel turn the Olympians into New Gods?

If it wasn't for the inclusion of Chulk and Silk, who are American, then no, because it wouldn't be any different from Euro-Force or the Champions of Europe. A pan-Asian superhero team isn't that different from the already existing pan-European superhero teams. Heroes from neighboring countries pulling their resources together to protect threats to the continent. Makes sense.

The problem is that Chulk and Silk are American. Chulk I could kind of let slide, but Silk has never once given the impression that she has any connection to being korean.

Effectively, yes.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with this book if it had a different name, this issue wasn't bad, but the title just makes me miss Parker's agents of atlas.

He's from the southwest, he must have picked it up at some point.