What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Avengers--Endgame_710x400xt.jpg (710x400, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fl98bauxr20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He’s just cultivating mass

Massive depression and survivor’s guilt

Half of the universe because of him, so he feels extremely guilty and massively depressed. He basically has no goal anymore.

>"Haha fat Thor! It's funny!"
No it's actually not.

*died

Fat shaming

He didn't go for the head when he should have, and he knows.

Half of the universe went wrong works also.

>Watching everyone you know and love die(in some cases, multiple times).
>Having your home destroyed
>Being responsible for half the universe being wiped out because you didn't go for the head
>Nearly getting beat to death by a nigga bigger than you

He's suffering from depression and PTSD. Thor definitely has the most heartbreaking story line in this film series. It's also ironic that despite literally being the least human Avenger, he's personally affected the most by the events of the MCU. The scene where he tries to explain the Reality Stone but ends up going off on tangent about how fucked up his life is was depressing.

I also would like to commend the Russos for having the balls to take these characters in directions that not even the comics would go in. Comic fans are notorious for screeching about change and character development but only wanting changes they approve of.

Attached: 6cc1c71eef43477f381baea6f88bb9be.jpg (2220x1080, 97K)

Died because of him? How? He was the only one who even came close to saving it on his own. Just because he couldn't save it doesn't mean it was his fucking fault, dipshit.

>exiled once
>mom died
>gf broke up with him
>friends dead
>father died
>father figure dead
>hometown destroyed
>brother dead
>enslaved once
>lost half his eye
>burned alive by a dying star
>people wiped out twice on his watch
>half the universe wiped out because he couldn't no scope headshot

The fact that he didn't commit suicide over the 5 year gap is amazing.

Attached: l56g5ufd20a11.jpg (2000x1080, 193K)

>Just because he couldn't save it
Except he could have. Stormbreaker cut straight through the might of the gauntlet with all stones. But he got cocky and wanted to get the last word in before he finished Thanos off. He definitely could have prevented the snap by going for either the head or his arm.

Plus he’s like 1600 years old, so it’s even less, when compared to his lifespan

he's the only one who lost the most so he's depressed and stopped giving a shit about everything

IF THORE IS NOT FAT AS FUCK THEN HE CAN WIELD THE INFINTY GEMS. THIS WHOLE MOVIE WAS FUCKING BASED AROUND THE IDEA OF TONY CHRISTS SACRAFICE DEATH.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x270, 1.53M)

bulking

I felt I could relate to him when he got all fat and depressing

And this is why Loki needs to come back. The real reason.

based schizophrenic user

I.e he really does need to have one surviving family member.

This. I stopped cutting my hair, shaving, and threw myself into lifting for years when the girl I love left. Now I'm a 230lbs long-haired mess. The only difference is I didn't get fat.

Because he stopped to monologue and gloat instead of finishing Thanos on the spot. Gamora warned him that with full power of the gauntlet Thanos could simply snap his fingers and kill half the universe but Thor didn't listen.

He's bulking.

He's still cute, everybody who doesn't agree is a coward.

He's just on his bulking cycle bro

This. Fat Thor is daddy

He's sexier this way

>Brother Loki killed infront of him
>Asgard destroyed infront of him, having caused it to kill his sister
>Dad Odin died.
>Mother killed.
>Hiemdall killed infront of him, powerless to help.
>Half of the survivors killed on his ship.
>Warriors three dead.
>Didnt go for the head, guilt, blame, shame.

>Failing to stop something is the same thing as causing it

Retard. It's not like he gave Thanos the a stone, he just made a mistake in preventing it. If he wasnt there things would have turned out just as bad, unlike Starlord who ruined a plan that was literally going to work

toxic masculinity

Because he was meant to save the universe and he didn't. "Came closer than the rest" doesn't bring those people back and it doesn't make him feel like any less of a failure. He thinks it's his fault. That scene in Infinity War where he just tries to rationalize Thanos as just another big evil guy he has to punch after he's lost his brother, his father, his home and half of the tiny portion of his surviving people in a single week is fantastic. You can see him trying desperately not to crack and let the emotional trauma sink in and play the hero because it's the only thing he's good at. When he failed and Thanos beat them all AGAIN, no backsies, he just gave up and went on a five year bender.

As shit as Thor 2 was it feels like every single thing they've done with the character since then has been to apologize for that. The growth and changes he's gone though over the last three movies are shocking. I don't know where they've got left to take him.

That's not how survivors guilt works man. You direct the blame onto yourself because you feel guilty for surviving when they didn't. You take the responsibility, it's your fault you made it and they didn't. Why? Because you're alive and they're not, and you'd give anything to die with them or for them to be here because they would have done something with their life.

If you want the practical answer, it's for the fat and washed up jokes.
You can extrapolate that for depressed failure but the film plays light on that part so it's not the core reason.

Who's his father figure?

It's really shocking how when you do something that doesn't suck, people won't complain that you changed it from the comic original.

Attached: 53155834_2258861271021024_6953052453038194688_n.png (699x435, 235K)

Starlord infinitely screwed up more than Thor, and I am amazed he wasn't chewed out by the others for dropping the ball.

At the very least, Iron Man should have punched him.

Because killing Thanos was an empty victory. The sweet taste of vengeance swiftly turned to ashes in his mouth, and he found himself feeling no less empty.

You'd think it would take more than five years of being lazy to ruin a 1600 year old god's body

Dirty bulking.

Nothing wrong with it, just wait and see the results once he starts cutting.

Sick gains, bruh

Me on left

No one's saying he caused it dipshit, we're saying he could have prevented it, and he knows. Why even deny it?

Went from the god of thunder and king of asgard to fat comic relief and king of squat because
>muh hemsworth is funny
I want him to kick some demon ass on the 8 legged steed with storm breaker and mjolinir with the cape and winged helmet and all that cool shit

Attached: EzP8qXC.png (512x768, 523K)

Star Lord was "lucky" enough to get dusted.

So dying supersede the fail

We didn't say he caused it, he feels guilty because he fucked up which lead to deaths of trillions.

Same thing that happened to me -- depression.

Cap being a boring ameriburger that always needs to appropriate Thor's lore anytime he needs his 15 minutes of fame.
Ruin Thor so Cap can have his moment, everything else is a deflection, this was their intent from the start.

This, sort off. Muh depression is all well and good if it leads to some character development. Instead, Thor was just comedic relief.

Eeeh Russos are just tired of being told to read Thor comics so, as a final middle finger to the comic book faggots, they meme'd Thor twice harder than in Ragnarok, turning him into a fatass fortnite player.
And if by next movie you STILL expect anything close to an adaptation, they'll have a scene in which Thor takes a massive stinking shit but he isnt able to clean his ass, luckily tho he finds a copy of the latest comicbook run and uses it to wipe his shit-stained buttcheeks. He'd then show the now shit-covered comic book to the audience before flossing and dabbing.

a cis white male, the worst kind of role model

>And if by next movie you STILL expect anything close to an adaptation,
then you have no idea how the MCU works. When have they ever adapted any run in more than name only?

RDJ as the main lead probably had an agent sign a clause making sure someone else got fat not him so he'd look better

It wasn't RDJ that had his character closure be at Thor's expenses.

>what's wrong with your eye?

Mom ALWAYS knows.

Attached: cat o_o.jpg (1244x700, 209K)

>tfw you accidentally half of the universe

>they'll have a scene in which Thor takes a massive stinking shit but he isnt able to clean his ass, luckily tho he finds a copy of the latest comicbook run and uses it to wipe his shit-stained buttcheeks.

Eh, that wouldn't be much of a loss.

Everything went right.
Hemsworths croaked delivery on the "I went for the head." line was really good, i don't get why people started laughing.
and really get it.
Also when he talks to his mom and tells her about killing thanos i was absolutely heartbreaking. I just wish they hadn't done the salad line.

If you were really serious about that post it'd be when Thor comes out of the loo with an audible flush and in his hand is a clearly torn comic book as everyone looks at him in surprise.
"You're out of paper, by the way."

Heimdall maybe?

Literally everything.

>Brother turns traitor then dies
>Brother not dead but still traitor
>Mother dies
>GF breakup
>Father dies
>Find out about evil Sister and Dad's evil past
>Sacrifice homeland to kill Sis
>Thanos kills your brother, your oldest friend, and a large number of your remaining people
>Snap takes half of who's left

Heimdall is his friend and lover

This was a perfectly logical character choice for Ragnarok Thor, but he was only in one movie and he sucked, so I hate it.
IW Thor wouldn't have pulled this crap.

I couldn't help but laugh since it's not what you expect to see, and having a god act so blubbery about something as mortal as a break up is amusing too. Doesn't mean the sentiment isn't felt.

We'll see his character development in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Starlord was only in like 2 scenes in the movie so that's probably why.

All he does is get nutshoted by Gamora and then argue with Thor over who's the leader. He didn't interact with Tony at all.

Like everything else in IW and EG it was character balance.

Cap didn't get a fancy fight withThanos in IW, just one shotted, so they made up for it here. It's like why Tony was instantly knocked out. He already had his cool fight with him back on Titan.

But why didn't Thanos just turn into a fucking though

Thor didn't straighten up enough after returning from his talk with Past Mom.

Shouldn't have been the blubbering mess he was trying to be the one to Snap with Tony's gauntlet.

Attached: tumblr_pqp1x2oX2K1tq9cvpo2_500.gif (500x270, 2.36M)

StarManchild was part of Strange's plan.

Alt-U Loki is trying to be all sneaky and Thor realizes but is too happy to see him to be angry.

He feels like it's his fault. It doesn't matter if rationally it isn't, grief isn't rational.

Asgard was destroyed, most of his people with it. He's probably a lot weaker, magically.

He feels like it's his fault. Just listen to him.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fl98bauxr20

>i don't get why people started laughing
Jesus, did people really laugh at that? My theater was absolutely silent aside from people murmuring in disbelief of what they had just witnessed. Then in the 5 YEARS LATER reveal everyone was like "oh shit".

>want him to kick some demon ass on the 8 legged steed with storm breaker and mjolinir with the cape and winged helmet and all that cool shit
That's for T4or.

Yeah, that's exactly it. The Russo's themselves said that while Thor is a funny character in the movie, him being fat is definitely not a joke, it's just a realistic portrayal of how A LOT of people deal with depression and loss.

>His head was over there. His body over there. And what was the point? I was too late. I was just standing there. Some idiot with an axe.
Thanos really did a number on him.

>appropriate thor's lore
>Thor basically knew Cap was worthy for a while now
>reeee because character follows the set out rules of the universe to have a fight scene with the villain the other two main characters have fought with

Its not like he stole stormbreaker in the middle of the fight

Think of it this way. Who else in the avengers could pull off fat depression and still be so entertaining and liked?

My theatre laughed at the went for the head line, everyone laughed at fat thor reveal too including a girl next me yelling "oh no!!"

Peter Quill
He got the brunt of fat jokes beforehand too.

You live amongst shit people.

Problem is, he was kinda dead.

Naw, he gets fat jokes but its funny cause he’s not actually fat and its playing off his insecurity of thinking he’s fat. Quill’s popularity wouldnt survive a fat depression twist

Fat Thor looked pretty fucking cool in full getup.

Yeah, I've known that for a long time

The braid in the beard was a nice touch.

The Titan plan was never going to work. Thor was the only way the Avengers could have won Infinity War, but he didn't go for the kill for basically no reason. He's one of the few characters that know the snap is coming, Gamora explained it to him. Blaming him is reasonable.

Attached: thor-thanos.png (820x480, 215K)

no, thor thought he had the kill, he was making it personal to thanos, he was killing him by digging the axe into thanos' chest slowly. he wanted wanted revenge, he had a perfectly good reason

he just didn't know thanos could still tank it and pull off the snap

>Cap didn't get a fancy fight withThanos in IW
Cap is a street leveler, he's not entitled to anything, not to mention that in this situation he is completely reliant on others to provide him his moment.

You don't take chances with a guy who can take Hulk punches like they were flee bites. Thor fucked up, and no "because he wanted to" is NOT a good reason. Thor should feel immense guilt over this, not everyone can ram through an Infinity Stone beam he had the responsibility to put an end to the horror show but he fucked up and the universe paid the price.

thor does feel immense guilt, that's his entire arc in endgame. he has MASSIVE survivor's guilt. that is why he became a fat NEET and just sat around drinking and doing nothing for 5 years. meanwhile half of Yea Forums are brainlets for thinking the russos "ruined" thor when in reality it's a kino arc

thor in IW was still a warrior, he still thought he would win, his entire speech to rocket about thanos just being another long line of bastards he's going to slay, and he thought stormbreaker would be a thanos-killing weapon. his hubris was his downfall. thanos sacrifices throughout the movie to get what he wants and none of the avengers do. that's the central theme of the entire film. thor doesn't give up the notion that he could lose and that he is warrior #1 of asgard who will eventually overcome