So she's supposed to represent the custom character from Forces, right?

So she's supposed to represent the custom character from Forces, right?

Attached: Whisper.png (358x647, 380K)

Idk but she's mad fucking cute so I dont care anyways

Every character made after 1994 is supposed to represent the custom character from Forces.

Kinda, yeah.

Her original design was based off one Ian Flynn could make in the create-a-character mode (and was pink) with squinty eyes and a bandanna bask opposed to the robo sniper deal she has.

He refined the design into this eventually.

Ian Flynn is such a genius.

With all these OC's it seems like Sega will never acknowledge the comics in any way shape or form. It's a shape cause during the 6th gen when Adventure and Advance series were still going, cross story pollination was going strong for the Sonic series. I would have loved to see a point in time were games and comics were both borrowing ideas from each other but then you have to risk exposing the worst ideas and stories as well.

>He refined the design into this eventually.

Flynn isn't the artist, he's the writer, you colossal faggot.

Okay yeah, I fucked up the names; Evan Stanley reworked the design based off what could be made from the Wolf avatar.

Pretty decent figure they gave her
The kitsune mask sits on the head just the same

Attached: 7f0267cdf217db88e062b74996674009.png (653x1222, 369K)

>she

Am I looking too much into it or is the hex shape of her boobs a reference

A better question is why nobody storytimed the new issue. Things actually happen in it.

I read a fanfic once about a quiet wolf being the rookie...wonder if Stanley wrote it...

Because nobody gives a fuck about Sonic comics anymore.

>Whisper will never be in a game

Attached: 1525071539226.png (706x387, 290K)

I know, I know, Sonicfags like us suffer. No big deal
>Implying she is a trap

spbp

>Sticks was in a game

Attached: 1544050886300.jpg (402x517, 120K)

Ian had a bunch of fan work but I don't know for sure

Whisper is based on this.
It's Evan Stanley's OC, by the way.

Attached: WhisperForces.jpg (433x594, 45K)

It still feels way too early into the comic's life to think about giving Tangle and Whisper their own series, it's like they learned nothing from Archie's failures.

/spg/'s Bump and Sage are cuter than Whisper.

Normally 15 issues would be perfectly reasonable, but nothing happens in IDW Sonic, so it feels premature.
Don't lie. Eggman does his first mass exposure of robo-zombie sludge, Starline gets conflicted, Sonic, Tails and Tangle shill the annual. It's even more barren than usual.

It's not just me, right? She looks a lot like Bunnie.

That hourglass figure though.

Attached: 053AB032-3A01-4241-B853-8F4DF2A8AC55.jpg (300x300, 72K)

That's fan art.

Bunnie was a southern cyborg
It is pretty accurate

I don't understand what abuse was caused by images but not posting text

Visually, user.
>Yellow fur moderately shapely female furball with a ponytail wearing the same cut top and a jacket.

Sticks was in 3 Sonic Boom games, 2 mobile games and one Mario and Sonic at the olympic games crossover.

Attached: 1488663706569.png (1280x775, 750K)

>Sonic at the olympic games crossover.
Speaking of which, there's a new one coming out for the Switch. Will they bring Sticks back?

Yes, Sticks is voiced by Aoi Yuki in japana nd she loves voicing her (she also voices the avatar in Sonic Forces) she's the reason Sega keep using Sticks even after the disaster that was the Wii U game.

Nice fan art, I suppose.

Attached: CD760BFC-355A-4F3B-8A7F-87F1140B3C24.png (295x303, 70K)

Asking for any IDW exclusive character to be put in the games before Freedom Fighters is like asking for trouble. Don't do this.

Attached: NO FUCKING WAY.jpg (301x310, 9K)

>Freedom Fighters
Sally and Bunnie are in the Special stages of Sonic Spinball.

Maybe one day she'll do something.

why does she have a pokemon on her head?

Attached: 250px-304Aron.png (250x250, 55K)

This. The only reason I stuck around as long as I did was for nostalgia for the old characters and lore. And now that that's all gone, I have no attachment at all to it. And it's not good enough on its own sans-nostalgia for me to bother.

Because she's a poorly designed American OC.

>Implying Infinite's mask is any better.

Shes even cuter whenever her eyes are seen open.

Attached: WKFSIQw.jpg (1041x1600, 317K)

No, she is meant to represent cute CUTE.

At least he's naked.

It's supposed to be a kitsune mask with a scope on one of the eyes.

Series, yes. But by this point comic archie already had 1 mini and 2 specials out for the book. I think Knuckles got his own around 40.

That said, I think those two would flop in a book unless it drummed up the furry audience.

>I think those two would flop in a book unless it drummed up the furry audience.
If they put actual fanservice on it I can see many furries trowing money at it.

I think they could hold a book
independently from one another
and if Ian wasn't writing it.

They have very little chemistry and his every attempt to push them so far has been a bore. Tangle OR Whisper could easily hold up a mini if it had a different tone and style from the main book, but not together.

>I can see many furries trowing money at it.
Don't forget about the yuri shippers as well.

>We could have had a Tangle & Knuckles mini.
>Or a Whisper's Chaotix mini.
>Or a Blaze and Whisper mini.
>Or a Silver & Tangle mini.
Shit.

>what did eggman do to you
Does it start with RA and ends in PE?

500% chance she has ties to Infinite.

So has Infinite been in any way relevant in the comics or is he still dead/irrelevant?

The latter.

Razzle Dazzpe

Sonic characters are basically sticks, user.

What happed to the dorky wolf

Attached: 999F5F52-E232-46A4-AC0B-AE2EB361BCAB.png (462x417, 247K)

Attached: 5starpost.jpg (351x440, 44K)

she's literally based off a sonic forces character, just make her

Whisper and Rouge were made to hug each other and end the world for good

Attached: a7f.png (1280x1758, 535K)

How much have they even been pushed together? The annual section with them definitely felt like reading a forum RP, but I don't even recall them talking to each other in the one scene where everybody's on Angel Island together.

>I don't even recall them talking to each other in the one scene where everybody's on Angel Island together.
That's actually exactly where it started. Every single appearance since has been of them as a duo for...some reason. It's awkward and doesn't make sense at all.

Attached: We're friends now, look at our chemistry.png (1012x1552, 2.29M)

You say "every single," but it's just the annual, the preview for their book, and Tangle showing up on her own to shill her book in the new issue.

It's weird how detached Tangle is, she actually feels like she could be a good side character but instead the new cast all seem to be reserved for their own adventures. I actually somewhat liked her scene in the new issue despite the blatant reason behind it, her being a terrible irresponsible problem child is a fun chemistry with Sonic and Tails.

NGL that mask is pretty aesthetic

As
implied, the smart route would be to couple an OC with the existing cast to cater to a wider audience while fleshing out both parties. Instead we're meant to buy a book starring two characters nobody has any prior attachment to. Plus some other OC. And all the buildup for it so far has been trash.

To be honest, I feel like the comic staff is just taking whatever chances they can *now* either before or in case somebody fucks up again--someone on staff, some IDW exec, a guy on the street who throws a brick through the wrong window-- and Sega pulls the plug. Again.

The game characters are a given. They're gonna *have* to be around. But making new characters who have potential appeal and can fill the void left by the Archie OCs (let's face it: They're Gone. I don't like it, but they are...) will keep keep the comic going longer, and they'd rather start telling stories about them now, rather than build them up for eventual books only for it to be all for nothing if the door on this comic is closed because someone fucks up again.

How does pairing your OC with existing characters detract from that? If anything it makes them integrate faster.

Can Whisper awoo?

Sega really should lean on the comics for material and characters, cuz Sonic team's ideas and characters have been sucking nuts for a while.

About as loud as Fluttershy cheers.

While I don't like Tangle all that much. A character in a Sonic game that basically plays like Ristar would be fucking amazing.

>Whisper and Tangle will never be in the games
>Sticks will never appear in the mainline game
>Sega has a horde of characters just lying around doing fuck all that they could shunt of into any spin off
>Instead we get shit like Zavok.

Attached: 1504566373571.png (314x235, 67K)

The comics have a way worse track record.