Shazam #5 Storytime

"Shazam and the Seven Magic Lands" Part Five.

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.1M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

At least Billy was actually chosen...

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-005.jpg (3975x3056, 2.92M)

>4 artists

goddamn johns

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.22M)

>oh boy, Here I go killing another child again.

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

>real gamemaster
he is not Captain N!

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.07M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.36M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

thanks for the storytime

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.28M)

Thanks for reading.
Support the Official Release at your Local Comic Shop.

The Batman Who Laughs:

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 005-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

I want her to sit on my face

>Society
Adam has had ENOUGH of Societies!
When will JSA come back bros... ;_;

Attached: Society Adam.jpg (1040x1140, 433K)

I like egocentric Mary but jeez talk about personality rewrites for her and Eugene.

Thanks Norton, I quite liked this chapter

I was actually expecting them to be scammed, like it happens in MMORPG, with them losing their points but getting nothing

Sexy Tawny

>Norton
Goddamnit

Norrin*

Damn this is intense

Did they really have to strip him naked?
I don't think they ever did this before in his original appearances.

Little error mayor guy tells the guards to leave but there still there in the next page

>Did they really have to strip him naked?
Yes.

Is she flirting with Billy or something?

Maybe those guards didn't listen?
I mean they stripped a naked tiger next to the mayor, I'm sure they were afraid that something was gonna go down.
But yeah maybe the artist just fucked up.

Ah, keeping up the Captain Marvel tradition of the Defense doing things that would disbar them. And Freddie, Death by Tiger seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Tawny: Furry Bait.

>good grief he’s naked!

>main artist repeatedly violating deadlines so they recruited two more artists
Resolicit of the second arc (with the possible removal of Eaglesham from the interior artist list) when?

Thanks for posting, Norrin

Anyone going to storyline this one?

In 2039, right at the end of Doomsday Clock

>Takes a little pleasure in being a godling and flirts with Billy who is no longer her brother.
>Egocentric
Dude come on.

This event looks dumb

And this is my favorite page

>Society rejected me
When did Adam become the Joker?
Also when did this happen? Seems like a pretty old early 2000s comic.

You guys liking this run?

This issue seems a bit boring, I liked it so far though. Maybe It’ll pick up again when the gang reaches the Monsterlands.

>all these fill in artists
This books a fucking disaster.

It's alright, hoping it gets better

Not at all. I want then to finally tell johns to fuck off and for them to reboot minus the diversity kids. Darla is the only one worth keeping. I also want Mary to be written like Mary and Cap to have his proper name and costume back.

Fuck this shit.

It's absolute trash, I can't imagine any specific reason why anyone would enjoy it.

Is probably but at least an issue or two if they brought back his old costume and kicked johns off the book.

I'd probably buy*

Dammit you beat me to the punch.

Love the pun.

It's mediocre. What hurts it the most is that the magic worlds are all pretty lame and weirdly cribbed from Disney.

Funlands=Pinnochia

Wildlands=Zootopoia

Gamelands=Tron

Don't know what Wozenderlands and Darklands are like but odds are they'll also be lame as fuck.

Johns should have done the smart thing and made each land defined by how magic works in that world.

I do not like it, sir.

We are in 5 issues in, and i still don't like the kids.

Attached: giphy.gif (242x269, 460K)

Thanks. Not much happened this issue, and we didn't even cover everything since there was nothing about what was happening back at the house, but next issue should pick up.

Will read, thanks user

Love see one "solo" movie of Mary Marvel

>gamemaster
youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg

>Into the Gamelands
Finally, a chapter for gamers, like me! :)

There'd better be some Mister Mind next issue.

Also, thanks for the storytime.

Not really, I mean, I don't hate it but It's pretty bland. The only thing I really like is the Mr. Mind and Sivana bits.

not really. its flat. should have started with a main Billy story with the family getting side stories instead of having to juggle all of them at once.

unf.

The kids would be okay if Johns didn’t write them as being caffeinated all the time. Let they show a little emotion. Let them worry about each other.

Fuck yes. Great book remains great.

Hot

Awww shit it is about to go down!

Disappointed he doesn’t go full Pleasure Island and turn the adults into donkeys. Would have been poetic.

Do we really need to reduce Sivana to a spellcaster? The man is supposed to be brilliant

>Donkey dick Mary Gangbang

>Asking Yea Forums if they like comics
The only thing people like here is shilling their meme writers Morrison and Ewing

It’s a mad house!

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but normally you expect a more humble Mary.
Someone go ahead and the post the page, y'know the one I'm talking about

Go to the Wildlands you furry!

I see Black Adam is still acting like he's hot shit.

I'm starting to think the Funlands aren't all they're cracked up to be.

I would definitely cum inside her.

Why does Adam hates Lizards so much?
What did they do to him?

I wish I could ;_;

Time to rise up against society!

HONK HONK

>tfw someone is already making a Tawny gangbang based off this page

>Yea Forums
>liking things
May as well ask Yea Forums if they actually play games.

Is Pedro /ourguy/?

Yes

Fuck off faggot

I like a humble and down to earth Mary whose sweeter than honey to, but I think a brief moment of preening in front of Billy who she might be interested in makes her cute so long as her humility and good heart shows through in the rest of the story.

It's cute and hot for a humble, golden hearted girl to show some confidence in literally having the beauty of Aurora.

He’s not wrong

I find it pretty fun so far.

I hope Tawny escapes his land and goes live with Billy’s family.

Oh shut the fuck up, you manchild. Pretty much all of the posts above those are whining about the most petty and inane shit, with 99% of it being shitflinging against Johns. Y'know, the guy who is the ONLY reason why we even have something for Shazam after so fucking long?

TLDR: Drop dead, pop a knot, fuck off.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of Mary showing "interest" in Billy.

It should be Freddy if they want to give her a love interest. She and Billy have always been siblings, it feels weird that in this incarnation they aren't.

Dude come on. People have the point about the magic lands being all Disney movie ripoffs.

>the guy who is the ONLY reason why we even have something for Shazam after so fucking long?
Funny, because he is the reason of the drought of the character. Johns want to synergize this run with the release of the movie.

But Incest is Wincest!

>literal Mousedrones in this very thread
Literally the cancer poisoning this very board.

Billy is for Stargirl anyway. Mary should be shipped with, I don’t know, I’m drawing a blank on younger heroes around 18 you could use.

Freddy is unironically the best pick. Childhood friends, crippled boy and rich girl (Power of Shazam era), bright boy and kind girl, they make one hell of a cute pair.

I really like it. I like them giving the kids a personality. The magic lands are fun. I just want more mister mind.

Jakeem Thunder.

Loudmouth, mischievous punk kid gives her the same dynamic she has with Billy without the incest undertones. They share a magic lightning theme. She'd be a great foil to him and his genie getting up to mischief.

Downside would be all the BLACKED memes.

No m8 they’re each focusing on an aspect of the characters or Shazam lore and all have a 80s kids book aesthetic. Disney doesn’t have a monopoly on every fantasy concept. There were world of anthro animals before zootopia. The idea of Pleasure Island existed before Disney’s version of Pinocchio.

AntiJohnsfags remain as obsessed and seething as always

>Jakeem
He's got a thing for Black Lightnings daughter but yeah I'll dig it if he goes out with Mary.
No issue for me.

Attached: Big Ugly White Boy.jpg (573x450, 107K)

Sexpots and badgirls preening is ho-hum and boring.

Humble goodgirls having a moment of confidence is one of the hottest things in the world because it feels earned.

>Billy is for Stargirl anyway

whynotboth.jpg

Billy should bang both of them.

>Starts as a shit that doesn't want anything to do with the JSA and treats his thunderbolt like a servant.
>Grows to respect the JSA and Johnny Thunder, the goofiest JSA member
>Becomes BFFs with his thunderbolt
>Fucking executes Mordru by stabbing his pen into his neck and summoning his genie.

I miss Jakeem. He was fun.

Are there any other modest hot girls in comics?

Mary and Caitlyn Fairchild are all I can name.

He suffers a lot too (Qwsp/Humanite/Mordu fuckery) but he overcame all of it like a chad.
Heck, he's an orphan like Billy and Mary! Makes more sense for them to get it on when he could relate to her personally.

Attached: Burned G.jpg (635x926, 218K)

>People have the point about the magic lands being all Disney movie ripoffs.
Do they? Disney doesn't really own the idea of magical themed lands.

This Sivana's a chump. At least he's doing evil shit now instead of whining about his family.

Johns is the one who called dibs on Shazam and did nothing with him for years because he was busy writing other books.

Oh, Sheep Dog!

Gameland is literally Tron.

Geoff is phoning this one in hard.

>Call dibs on Billy and do literally nothing with him
That's how DC's treated him for years. You'd almost think it was a calculated attempt to bury him so he'd never rival Superman ever again.

>Gamelands could have been a world of puzzles and challenges where magical knowledge comes from intense mental challenge. It could have been like Mazeworld meets The Glass Bead Game.
>Instead its fucking Tron

>Wildlands could have been an intelligent animal world in the vein of classics like Jungle Book and Watership Down where magic is about physical form where animals of this kind can do this kind of magic and animals of that kind can do that kind of magic
>Instead we get fucking Zootopia

>Funlands could have been a world where magic is tied to time and childhood. The more magic one uses the more they age. Those that have spent their magic become old and leave the borders of Funland. It would have been a Toyland reference.

Someone needs to shit in Johns cereal and tell him to shape up if he's going to hold Billy hostage for decades. This is shit.

Video game land is not a unique concept.

>You'd almost think it was a calculated attempt to bury him so he'd never rival Superman ever again.
If you're retarded.

I think the point of the game lands is that the games evolve/change to coincide with Earthlands. But yeah I would have preferred classic games

Holy shit, I so want to get under that skirt.

So are the seven magic lands 7 seperate universes or on the same seperate magical dimension?

>Power Girl
Did they finally bring her back from that limbo she ended up in post-Convergence?

So you are baiting or just very retarded. Maybe just a Johns-fag, so by default you enter in the latter.

>

Attached: loser.jpg (1200x643, 97K)

My theory is pocket universes stuck to main Earth like small bubbles on a big one

>Eugene gets booted down to his appropriate level based on his score
>"Alright, time to show those scrubs what a real gamemaster can-what the fuck is Parcheesi?

Thanks for the storytime
God DAMN things move slow

>user asks for opinions about book
>your faggot ass decided to share opinions about opinions
Nah faggot, hang yourself. Only a shill gets this assblasted over people disliking a piece of shit comic. Cap has been my favorite character for longer than you've been alive, I can assure you that.

You, johns and any faggot who enjoys this shit can come kill me or continue to be subjected to my complaints until Johns is off the book, the shitty costume design it retconned and the Benneton kids are removed.

Making a captain marvel book about 7-8 characters is absolutely fucking retarded. I don't even want to see some casual faggot bring up the marvel family as if they shit up every solo story Cap had and weren't mostly kept to their own solo stories and actual Marvel Family releases.

>literal cancer calls other cancer
This thread was pretty fine before your ass decided to police opinions. People who disagreed seemed to just accept their disagreement.

Attached: 8D07C015-3EB3-412E-B51D-7288374F5FCE.jpg (400x330, 35K)

Nice.

Shazam has hungry clowns?

>What did they do to him?
Sobek

Thanks for the story time Norrin! At least I caught you this week and didn't put off reading the story times until a week later! I appreciate you! I never get to say it much though.

I SAY GOOOOODAAAAMNNNNN

What a slut

hey wait a second. no they didn't. priest was working to that w/ tanya getting stuck with her after defiance

He figures if Bendis can do it, so the fuck can he - he's "based cereal lord, Defender of Bo Duke Dolls Everywhere" goddammit

For fucks sake, the artists each have a different plot line. Santucci has Black Adam, Eaglesham has Billy and Mary, Kolins has Eugene and Pedro, and Raynor has Freddie and Darla.

No there just the realistic consequences of giving an abused kid a magical land with zero accountability

If Mr. Mind is going to make a ociety he should recruit the Joker.

>Joker quits the Monster Society in a huff as Mr. Mind takes everything he says and does in stride and he can't figure out if Mr. Mind is being obtuse or simply fucking with him

No, Mr. Joker, your so called "gamers" will never rise up, for their nature is to seek distraction, pleasure, and comfort through their games. Their only drive is to escape what ills plague them, not to confront them.

Gene really needed it, at least. He mostly just seems to be in his element though, more than a genuinely smarmy bastard.

Wait, is the multiple artists not just a gag of the different magiclands?

I like the Magiclands (outside of Gameland which is kind of bare minimum) in that they're really silly and hokey, but still absolutely dangerous. That feels like a major aspect of Captain Marvel comics I loved in the olden days, and while I still haven't totally come around to Eugene and Cho, Freddy, Darla, Mary and Billy are all amusing to follow around. I'd like to see what other weird plots the book will pick up.

Sivana's really bad though, and it's a weird black spot when everything else is captured as well as it is.

I really wish they'd change Mary's costume to white.

It's not really Tron outside of the art, it's more like Spy Kids 3.

They're magic lands, user. Little fairy realms.

Mommy

This color scheme is better though

I can't wait to see Billy pull out a fat blunt and blow it in Darla's face.

Johns seemed to pleased with himself for coming up with that scene where all the kids transformed that I don't think he's still figured out what to really do with them or how to write them, so this magic lands business feels like stalling for time - such a concentration of supers would be of some consequence in the world, so off-world they go to avoid that.

Gene's written like an unfortunate geeky asian stereotype that not even handled in a way that feels right, going from "I only read non-fiction" to now almost defining himself through games, yet misses the game system implication of getting himself into negative points in a world where that matters without even knowing enough about the games in question to think up a way to get a shot at beating anyone at them, let alone the reigning champion who from the look of things might have accumulated enough privileges to rig the game(s) and even society in her favor.

If anything sort of kinda works so far is that at least the Funlands "party while young, work yourself to death in adulthood" and Gamelands's system where points are associated with the kind of access and lack thereof money tends to involve int he real world could make them interesting in some way that connects them to the hardships of adult life (something that could be relevant for child characters that can turn into adults), but I doubt that'll get any more flashing out than these kids do, and other stories have probably already handled these concepts better

And as a minor point, Mary would be nice to see in the white outfit.

Also, no Sen art here, Johns is trying to make this about Adam again, and this Sivana still feels wrong, even when carrying out Mr Mind's plan, and maybe in part because of it.

If Johns had dropped this a couple of years ago it would still have been too late.

Someone give Parker and Shane a Thunderworld series...

Any Robins (most were adopted, that's one point in common)? Is Impulse from the Flash lineage in the current continuity? Any Teen Titans?

>If you spent your youth just enjoying yourself and not thinking about and planning out your future you'll become a miserable wage-slave.

Seems about right.

>Someone give Parker and Shane a Thunderworld series...
fucking this. either parker or morrison writing (parker cause fucking make morrison get back to multiversity 2 god fucking damn) and shaner/camstew/fornes(?) for art

That mini wasn't bad, but it really wasn't an amazing golden story either. It seemed mostly on par with this for me, and I was honestly disappointed they had the twist of Mr. Mind just being behind all of it again. It brought in other villains just to toss them aside for him again.

What pun?

Nope, white is better and would be unique to her. She shouldn't have to share her color scheme with Billy

They had to work within the constraints of an events where the Captain Marvel cast wouldn't even had been involved had they not pitched it when asked what they'd like to tackle for their Convergence issues, and the love for those characters and their setting still shined through.

I'd love to see what they'd do with more leeway, and the Thunderworld corner of DC's multiverse would be perfect for that.

Fuck, DC should just let them post official Captain Marvel comics online, let people pay them through Patreon or whatever and take a licensing cut.
Might not be a bad model to handle out-of-focus characters DC isn't using (properly) through sufficiently trusted artist teams, since the potential of their multiversal settings is near-infinite and would make it simpler to tell any story without interfering much with whichever big events they want to push at any given time.

Meh

>Gene's written like an unfortunate geeky asian stereotype
Not a stereotype if it's true.
Also most kids like video game, not just asian kids.

Is THIS how we get Talky Tawny?

Believe it or not? There have been rumors about that for years.

>Someone give Parker and Shane a Thunderworld series...

You...I like you.

You as well. I am NOT a Morrison fan but did the Marvels credit & I liked the Lt. Marvels & Tawny being Captain Marvel-inspired Blackhawks.

Good use of splash page

Attached: Nice.png (517x433, 181K)

When's Eugene going to rise up?

she knows

Fuck off casual it's her color scheme just as much as his.

No. I'd rather we just get off this arc and right back into Golden Age shenanigans.

"Kickurbuttt" is a terrible hero name, but Pedro could totally use "Thunderstruck" unless it's too close to "Thunderstrike."

fur porn

This is Golden age shenanigans tier tho.

>let people pay them through Patreon
When the comic book industry is on its last legs I genuinely see this happening.

Not at all. It seems you've never actually read any Whiz or Marvel Family books.

I like red better

>Sivana using magic instead of the power of science
>Black Adam doing anything besides FUCK YOU, BILLY YOU LITTLE SHIT
>wordswordswords and all this needless backstory for characters that'll be written off the moment Johns turns his back
>a monthly that takes half a year to tell a story rather than a bi-weekly that tells the story from start to finish in one magazine
Not my Golden Age, fuckboy.

where is he going

>It seems you've never actually read any Whiz or Marvel Family books.
The Magic lands would fit right in with Golden age Captain Marvel.

This.

And also the costume.

I remember Adam used to do stuff like these.
DClock established that he's building a meta-human army in Kandaqh so I don't get why he's in this book.

Attached: Black Splat.jpg (978x564, 176K)

>golden age
It seems you just said a phrase and didn't know what it meant

For sure, he doesn't mean not my Golden Age, he means not my Captain Marvel. The continuity changes are of varying quality, but the plots are easily the closest to that comedic spectacle adventure DC's put out for years.

It seems like he didn't say "Golden Age" and he's referring to a specific part of the post, moron.

Sorry user, I should have quoted you.
>Black Adam doing anything besides FUCK YOU, BILLY YOU LITTLE SHIT
and the last part, I was trying to quote OP but fucked up, sorry.

Notice how I didn't say anything about the location it's taking place in, but rather characteristics and narrative elements that are closely associated with the Golden Age incarnation of the comics? You can paint a theme park up to look like Disneyland, but it won't be Disneyland. Just because it has an element that would "fit" doesn't mean that it's now 100% just like the Golden Age comics. Morrison did a much better job doing that with Multiversity and we're stuck with the clown college dropout at the helm.

Multiversity is just a brawl with a super basic plot that's been done in every era. Hell, Brave And The Bold did it even before Multiversity did.

Nice.

Great issue

Freddy and darla: BARBED