Character is defined by being likable and a shining ray of hope that anyone can get into

>character is defined by being likable and a shining ray of hope that anyone can get into
>you need to "understand" Superman to be into him
what did Snyder and DC fans mean by this?

Attached: cavill_supes.0.jpg (1200x800, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGzoeY0XcGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Superman is a Jewish power fantasy who has to ramp up the “nice guy”
aspect to mask the fact that he’s just Godzilla in human form.

Snyder fucked up by making him an unrelatable, depressed asshole who only ever really interacted with Ma and Lois Lane. And then expected us to care when they killed him off in only the second movie of the franchise.

As for the second, a LOT of people misunderstand Superman or hate him for stupid reasons.

Dc destroyed superman. Made him an unlikable villain type. Hope marvel buys him

When will the bait threads end? Can Yea Forums please go back now?

What bait? Thor is now a more popular character than superman.
Yes, Thor, the very super hero whom Snyder made fun at.

Rightfully. Thor is more heroic and wholesome than the man of murder

>Snyder
>DC fans
Pick one

It's pretty obvious that mods don't care and would rather delete Sonic trailer threads. They actually stopped because people kept making more.

They meant they wanted to add layers of complexity and depth to a character.
Sadly, it's because of people like you that try their hardest to stamp out creative risks like this.

Poor bait.

Classic dc fans are disappearing. At the end what will remain will be batman fags and snyder cultists so be ready for every hero to be edgy abd ultra dark

>Classic dc fans are dying
FTFY, gramps.

Cavil's Superman is likeable tho.

Any recs for old DC comics?

Snyder and DC fans that are really into the movies and nothing else need to sit down, shut the fuck up, and be forced to watch Animated Superman/Justice League ala Clockwork Orange style.

No way. Most DC Comics centered places fucking hate Snyder's crap. It's the Snyderfags that're disappearing.

Dc comics between 1985-1995 were great. You are good with any of the early vertigo series. Swamp thing by moore, animal man by morrison, the question by o'neill, batman by englehart and o'neill himself are some examples

>he doesn't understand Superman
You MCUcks are too much.

Attached: xom26.jpg (1188x431, 111K)

>snyderfags are disappearing
Sadly not. The way snyder had to leave the dceu, all the controversies surrounding justice league will keep fueling the sense of cultism of snyderfags. Doesnt help either the fact the in comics dc wants to be taken as the edgy sister of marvel

I heard a lot of good things about Denny O'neil and Jerry Ordway. Though, I don't think I've read anything from both of them yet.
What do you recommend from both user? (Aside from the Question).

Attached: I can't read.jpg (264x437, 36K)

>DC fans will end up like Marvel fans
Nah.

What is there to understand in a hero who for saving a city destroys the city and murders thousands of civilians? No wonder why people are more attached to marvel heroes

>Cavil is likable tho
FTFY

>implying marvel has problem as dc has with batfags

>murders thousands of civilians.
This is a retarded way of looking at things. Superman didn't murder or kill thousands of civilians, Zod did.

O'neil: batman/ GL-green arrow
Ordway: shazam

>Crashing this scout ship...
>WITH NO SURVIVORS

>he hasn't met a doomfag

He didn't crash the ship though, you're got two different scenes completely mixed up.

They are both morally responsable for what happened. Geez now i understand why dc gave to snyder the dceu in the first place

>when tommy decides to reveal himself

>"Krypton had its chance"
>lasers ship's system
>ship loses control
>ship crashes into downtown Metropolis
He did, what scene are you thinking about?

It was an interesting character study to say the least as there are multiple interpretations of the Man of Steel himself despite the film not really doing anything new.
I still hold it as one of the top superhero films in this day and age.

>They are both morally responsable for what happened.
No they are not, if I was murdered then the cops who would find me would not be morally responsible for my murder.

Who the fuck is tommy?

That's not how the scene went down, you're confusing two separate scenes. The ship that crashed into Metropolis was not the same ship with the genesis chamber in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=mGzoeY0XcGI
Congratulations, you didn't see the movie

Not the user you replied to but I literallly have no problems on building destructions in a Superman fight scenes.
To proclaim he inadvertently "killed" people was actually a jumpstart for BvS since Superman wasn't an infallible being capable of saving everyone and in his attempt to do so (stopping Zod and actually killing his own race)is harped on for collateral damage.

Attached: MartinAnsin_ManofSteel.jpg (667x1000, 317K)

Placing blame on Superman is kinda ridiculous, because realistically what else was he supposed to do?

>"Superman was actually very likable! You just weren't paying attention!!"
>no one likes Superman
WHAT did they mean by this???

Same here, I don't mind it conceptually.
However, I feel the gravitas the scene had in MoS and the opening to BvS doesn't match it's actual impact on the plot of both movies.
That tone shift from the neck snap to "dude I was raised in Kansas" is jarring, and you'd expect BvS to focus on how the world perceives him after the Metropolis fight, but instead its mad at the terrorist incident instead and the whole thing is pushed to the side (including wheelchair guy, who would've made a better villain if he was turned into Metallo or Parasite as opposed to them using Doomsday by the way).
I mean, lifting large flying vehicles is kinda part of Superman's MO isn't it?

Attached: 1528577694896.jpg (640x955, 75K)

>lifting large flying vehicles is kinda part of Superman's MO isn't it?
There's something in live action called mass.

I would actually be fine if they didn't even blame him for the destruction of Metropolis and just handwaved it straight back to rebuilding but still have Lex manipulate a fallen out of grace Batman into questioning who protects Superman from himself if ever he decides to turn against humanity.

IIRC he wanted Zod to stop and with him, all the means of rebuilding Krypton in his image.

I liked him.

>you'd expect BvS to focus on how the world perceives him after the Metropolis fight
No matter what, he still saved the entire world. In the end of it all he is the savior if humanity and it's be pretty irrational to expect no collateral damage from what is in essence the destruction of the world.

I was actually surprised how Zod actually came so close in making New Krypton and actually pleaded Superman that he is essentially taking away his only chance to save his race if he stops him.
In more ways than one, Zod is a sympathetic and a well-written villain with a grounded motivation.
Save his people.

There's also a thing in live action called "people don't fly and punch other flying people across city blocks"

I know how you think the scene would look, heroic theme music swelling up as Superman strains to veer the ship till it gently lands in the harbor but that's not a guaranteed thing with live action.
Next to it Superman would look like a fly and him stopping all that momentum could potentially take the audience right out of the scene.

>character is defined by being likable and a shining ray of hope that anyone can get into

Yeah, no. That is just "muh feels!" fags idea of Superman, which itself harks back to the 50s when Superman became a boyscout and America's step-dad as a paragon of virtue despite being a complete fucking asshole to Lois with Silver Age shenanigans. A lot of people in the post-modern world whine that Superman is unrelatable because he's too overpowered, and they do have a point because his silver and bronze age depiction did literally had him do all kinds of bs just because the plot called for it. That's partially why Superman Returns also failed, because it still tried to cling to that aspect of the godly otherworldly character.

Snyder's more human and down to Earth was a very necessary thing to revive and modernize him and it's almost completely people's juvenile and childish expectation that Superman has to be a cartoonish boy-scout in all situations who doesn't need to struggle that made people "sour" on Snyder's take, because Snyder actually made the movies revolve around human struggle to be an icon such a Superman without being a perfect person who always knows the answer to everything and nothing bad ever happens because he's Superman and he's there to hug and pat you on the head like a distant god-like father figure.

>but that's not a guaranteed thing with live action
>him stopping all that momentum could potentially take the audience right out of the scene
A-are we just gonna forget that everyone's favorite scene from Superman Returns is him catching the plane?

Attached: image3.jpg (588x238, 9K)

It's still a mediocre scene from a mediocre movie.

Wasn't there massive nitpicking on how he just held up the nose of a diving plane w/o crushing it and just gently placed it on a baseball field w/o its flaming debris falling onto the people afterward?

>mediocre movie
Fair
>mediocre scene

Attached: D51i84IUEAAmGQe.jpg (480x542, 23K)

user you are not able to understand a fucking snyder movie

>everyone's favorite scene

People's standards are so fucking low if that is your favorite scene.
>Look, Superman lifted a heavy thing!
>OMG NOW HE LIFTS ANOTHER HEAVY THING!!!

One of the most frequent complaints about Returns was that all Superman does is still just lifting shit around instead of doing anything creative with his powers, like an actual choreographed super fight. Especially when the big climax is him simply lifting a Kryptonite island.

I'm able to understand it, what I don't get is your logic.

He's not. He's the future Übermensch.

The good version.

"I teach you the Superman. Humanity is something to be exceeded. What have you done to exceed humanity?

All that has come before has left behind something that was greater than itself. And would you be the ebb of that great tide, and go back to the beasts?

The Superman is the purpose of the world. Let your will say: the Superman should be the purpose of the world!"

And a lot better at Fortnite.

I think he means Kid Miracleman...

>ruins a trucker's job because he said something mean to him
>threatens to murder a normal human
>kills a guy by punching him through 4 brick walls at superspeed because his girlfriend fucked up
>actively dislikes being Superman and wonders if he should really be saving people

>ruins a trucker's job because he said something mean to him
That trucker spend his entire day at a bar, fuck him.

You are the true anti-Snyder Superman fanboy with ridiculous interpretation untethered to anything corporeal. They bitch about all the Jesus symbolism but blame Supes for not being about to save everyone when his power is being matched & bested by beings with abilities similar to his own- so you bitch about all the Jesus symbolism while wanting Superman to act like a messiah and produce miracles out of thin air because he's Superman.

Fuck off zack

Thor truly is a hero

Exactly. People are upset because this superman isn't omnipotent and only saves 7billion people instead of 7 billion two thousand or whatever. They have a mental image of a superman as a kind father figure that will fix our fuck ups (this is why they are pissed he isn't smiling and call him 'dour')

These movies show that being Superman is incredibly difficult. We all know of the platitude "with great power comes great responsibility", and sure that sounds nice and easy. But how do you wield that power? What is your responsibility? Where do you draw the line of what you are willing to do? Spider-mans power stretches to stopping muggers, Supermans mere existence can potentially destabilize world politics. Snyder shows that this great responsibility is an almost impossible burden to bear, and only someone like Clark could carry it. And the reason Clark finds the strength to do so is through us, we inspire him to carry this responsibility and to fight, even die for us

But no, he isn't smiling enough so he's not my superman. Jesus, mcu has destroyed more minds than pinball and syphilis combined

How nice of you to defend the poor defenseless trucker that sexually assaults women and assaults barstaff.
Guess it hit too close to home, huh

Scott snyder or zack snyder

I'm a massive Batfag and I don't want DCs other heroes to be like him, otherwise hes not unique.

Batman hasnt been unique from the time he completely ripped off "modern" daredevil

Have sex snyderfag
Yep. He is charming and with a big heart. Dc should take examples

The guy charged with making a movie about a shining beacon of hope ran his household in such a manner that his daughter offed herself during what most people consider the best times of their lives.

Think about how much of a stupid uncaring callous shit Snyder must have been to raise children in a home environment like that.

It's not that he doesn't "get" superman. He doesn't "get" compassion, or altruism, or hope. His claim to fame was putting a skin head power fantasy in the trailer for "300". That is it. He hasn't done a single thing else to warrant getting a franchise like Superman which he immediately ran into the ground.

But user that kind of “realism” it’s stupid
You claim that kind of destruction it’s to be expected so it makes sense, I claim they directed and wrote the scene like that to showcase how dangerous Superman would be irl and how silly are people that enjoys superhero’s stories
Pay attention to the violence in marvel and DC movies, they are both equally violent one could say but difference is in how they showcase violence
When captain America shot some hydra soldiers we see him shooting his AK and some soldiers dropping in the background then we might have some quips to break the tension, when Batman shoots people we see their face of despair and hear the screams of pain of the criminal, when iron man destroyed robot enemies to save people they look at him with wonder and gratitude, when Superman saves people they look at him with horror and thank him the same way a fanatic might thank a preacher

Marvel studios should make movies about dc characters. Then maybe we can see heroes being heroes

No wonder they made Brightburn