Can Sony compete with the mouse?

Can Sony compete with the mouse?

Attached: 1546843946379.png (635x711, 463K)

As long as they have retarded executives greenlighting shit like the Emoji movie, no.
Until proven otherwise, Spider-Verse is a fluke.

The bigger question is if Disney will get Spider-Man rights from Sony? It would be like the final infinity stone on Mickey’s glauntet

>Spider-Verse is a fluke.
Is there gonna be a sequel?

Disney's problem is that they stifle creative control and drive people into the arms of their rivals.

I predict it will be their undoing one day.

Sony litterally humiliated Disney with SpiderVerse at awards. Twice.

Yes
And we don't know if the sequel will be good until it comes out

Disney has control over most mega-franchises. They do not need spider-man.

>Can Sony compete with the mouse?
This is infiltration OP

Spider-Man 2099 and time travel is going to be the plot.

>They do not need spider-man.
Spider-Man is bigger than all Marvel characters.

It will be
You have more freedom imagining rides and backstories even for companies like Cedar Fair then Disney because it needs to be IP based. Many of the films now are sequels or live action remakes. Iger plans based solely on numbers without any creative imput. You don't have the artistic control because they only allow CGI
This is how it'll naturally work, talent will move away because they are pissed with the state of Disney's nothing products and form competition. Not like Disney is going away, but they might have to step up their shit eventually

Disney is already showing the signs of creative stagnation by mass-remaking.....the stuff they did forever ago. It's also clear they're ruining Star Wars (partly by tossing out the perfectly good ideas the original EU had).

And if they're not careful, they'll ruin Marvel as well.

Venom being succesful means Sony will not need Spidey.

I think Sony is beginning to get wise and adopt a solid strategy: poach disillusioned creative talent from Disney, dangling what they all crave before them: creative control.

Remember how Marvel drove off the guy who made Avengers? Their demands simply overwhelmed him.

Marvel will decline quite a bit because you'll start to see resistance to the trend of these films like trends in decades prior
But in all these cases you mentioned bad quality will led them to loose some credit, but the over-saturation and mediocre and regurgitated content will destroy them if they don't pump in originality

Sony still owns Spidey movie rights. They will probably take Spider-Man out of the MCU after Far From Home.

Not big enough according to the box office.

>Remember how Marvel drove off the guy who made Avengers?
Joss Whedon, for all his creativity, is a bit of a drama queen so that's not a great example.

We know they have a third live action film in development

>Rian Johnson + D.D are working on a Star Wars trilogy
What is the mouse doing?

Attached: 1545649385625.png (327x316, 187K)

Whedon is as television guy, I loved Buffy during my teen years but he obsviosuly isn’t cut for block buster filmmaking

>Spider-Man: Home Alone
Peter must protect the Avengers HQ alone from a the Sinister Six led by Michael Keaton.

He was better before he was Joss Whedon(tm). He has his head so far up his own ass that I don't know that he's capable of writing and running shit like he used to.

Everyone knows the sequel is going to be about inter-species relationships.

Just hire any director, he'll know what to do.

I really doubt the Rian Jonhson trilogy is happening.

Nah, that's just religion, which is what disney is becoming. They'll operate a bit like scientology but with all the stuff up front. They'll just produce the same stories over and over again and people who don't want to be challenged with new ideas will pay for it.

He was always up his own ass. He made an adaptation of much ado about nothing, set in the modern day, filmed in black and white and using Shakespearean English in his style of writing.

the problem is Disney's brand is to big
and a lot of young creators and talent want to work at Disney
which is weird since veterans don't often speak fondly of Disney

J.J wanted episode 7 to repeat what people liked but with new tech
Rian Johnson wanted to make episode 8 subversive for the sake of subversion

Johnson at least has some creative bones in him so he might treat a new Star Wars well but he was to up his own ass

Thinly veiled allegory for same-sex/ interracial allegory?

Sequel is directed by the Korra and Voltron guy.

Attached: Joaquim Dos Santos she ra.jpg (2520x2253, 580K)