/shelf/ - Morrison Edition

Post your shelves.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x2043, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzAA3sr7QUc
millsverse.com/crownjewels/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105618670/#q105645825
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Green_(artist)
strawpoll.me/17959801
comicscube.com/2010/11/top-ten-most-influential-comics-writers_24.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zg3H9kY7a1w
amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Epic-Collection-Galactus/dp/130291331X/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3GO1SZFFTIPQW&keywords=galactus&qid=1557554273&s=gateway&sprefix=galac,aps,179&sr=8-5
instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/FANTASTIC-FOUR-OMNIBUS-HC-VOL-01-NEW-PTG/MAR180972
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Impressive

no pics for me dueto 4chinz

my FCBD outing. I was in a rush and got confused over what Witchblade I got, so I doubled up on that first one. Oh well, it's just $10, I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with it

Attached: FCBD pull.jpg (4233x2988, 2.42M)

how boring

Just got these in the mail yesterday

Attached: 15572864317549193239285880394076.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

Ghost Rider user levels up

Attached: 15572866320393287947738309716505.jpg (2560x1440, 1.2M)

Here's mine for the last few weeks. A bit of Yea Forums stuff in there, too.

I think I'm more amazed at this point that there's Ghost Rider compilations that you don't own.

Attached: IMG_0849.jpg (3221x2339, 1.72M)

I hope your mailman is better now, he shouldnt carry all that vengance on his back.

It's crazy because sometimes I know they're pissed, but I always give them gift cards at Christmas time.

Got these last week.

Attached: IMG_20190430_191108.jpg (1920x2560, 2.28M)

Has anyone else that got fucked by Berserk selling out gotten even a shipping notice yet?
They've still got ten days before the expected arrival date, so I'm watching this shit like a hawk.

Last month's purchases.
Didnt get anything at FCBD, but did get the Jojo's and Aquaman for 15% and 30% less respectively, so yay for sales and promotions. The others I've already shown but this is a better presentation.

Have you read them already? which one did you like the most?

Nice, being meaning to get more into the mask.

Attached: Recent April-May.jpg (2503x3213, 1.51M)

Bump

Bought these over the weekend.

Attached: 20190506_221358_HDR~2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.93M)

>Have you read them already?
not all of them, but so far have really enjoyed The Goon, The Tick and kinda surprised to like the Street Fighter one as much as I did. Vampirella is a very very different setup but I'm interested in were Priest is going.

Mine's expected by May 9th. No shipping notice yet.

glad to see someone else that also got thunderbolts by ellis

it's fairly common to see here.

Based ghost rider bro

so is Belle enjoyable trash, or one of the very few decently written Zenescope books?

Let me guess, Blade's your favourite superhero

pretty gud. Been looking foward to grabin the Batman omni, once i catch up on my current stack.

It's alright, reminds of Batgirl mixed with whatever fictional monster hunter you can think of. But they set up lots of shit to have the book suddenly ends at issue #6 like it was canceled or something. I'm not really familiar with the publisher's other stuff, so it could possibly be a prequel to one of their other books?

most of their characters are introduced in group books and then they just have a bunch of mini's.

Custom binds?

>Batman omni
Speaking of which, has there been any news about Vol 2 since the recent fuckery in the trades department?
Since it's Batman it's probably safe, but they fucked over Hitman so I worry.

Attached: 1466206423204.png (897x767, 409K)

Batman is not safe, they canceled Englehart Batman and he is PISSED

Attached: Englehart.png (1988x3056, 812K)

It's beautiful.

How did you organize the issues? Can you post a list per book for the GR sets? I'd like to do the same, wanna see a way to properly organize it.

>Bloodshot
Is Valiant still a thing?

Here are my recent purchases. Have a picture of still in transit eBay purchase.

Attached: Recent Purchases.jpg (1977x1482, 1.34M)

Main shelf. Running out of room.

Attached: GN Shelf 1.jpg (3192x2404, 2.59M)

Manga shelf.

Attached: Manga Shelf 1.jpg (2891x2042, 1.86M)

Recent stuff plus fcbd stack.
The trade and hc I got at a store that was going out of business, so they were 60% off.

Attached: recent.jpg (1818x1925, 832K)

what's that on the top right?
sad when a store goes under but at least you got some good deals

Attached: 20190505_215635.jpg (4160x2340, 2.04M)

Your Sunstone needs a friend.
God I can't wait for the next HC to come out.

Hey, I just grabbed that Ellis Thunderbolts on FCBD myself. It's quite good so far.

No all star?

Does anyone have the Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibi?
How are they?

Here's some collector going through the first one. They're reissuing them in Epics starting in November though (the first one of which has Triumph and Torment bundled in with it), so if you prefer trade paperbacks or money's a bit tight, you're in luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzAA3sr7QUc

Thanks!

Pat Mills talks about 2000AD/Rebellion's royalty program
millsverse.com/crownjewels/

>irst, to encourage new talent and second, to prove the viability of a proper copyright deal based on the French comics industry standard (the best in the world).

>As opposed to the archaic British ‘all rights’ model, which has nearly destroyed British adventure comics and continues to harm the industry by not attracting or retaining top talent, or encouraging creators to give of their very best.

>As a result, as several comic readers have described it recently, ‘Comics are eating themselves.’

>Many readers of Be Pure! were interested in what all this meant financially to writers and artists and why creators were forced to leave to work for France or the States as a result.

>Just how poor are the Rebellion royalties, they ask me?

>I couldn’t give them all the information when Be Pure! first came out because ‘units sold’ were not listed on the Rebellion royalty statement. Thankfully, after I made several requests, they are now finally included on some – but not all – Rebellion books.

>So I thought I’d share a case study with you now that answers that question.

>It bears out the concerns that I and so many readers have.

>It concerns Sláine: The Horned God.

>This was a classic, internationally best-selling series by me and Simon Bisley that was such a smash hit when it first appeared that 2000AD sales actually went up!

>In its latest reprinting, The Horned God also launched the recent Ultimate 2000AD newsstand collection series from Hachette, priced at £1.99.

>At the time of the launch, I raised my concern with Rebellion that this full colour, deluxe hard back was being sold for a low launch price as a ‘loss leader’

>I totally get the sales logic of this. It’s a real bargain!

>However… in effect, our hit story would be the ‘fall guy’ for the series as Simon Bisley and I could not possibly benefit financially, given the low price.

>But later creators on strong, popular but a little less commercial series (including myself) would benefit, as their subsequent books would sell for the full price: £9.99

>Of course, Rebellion would still benefit greatly financially either way through their financial arrangement – license fee or similar – with Hachette and the later full price books.

>In response to my written concerns, Ben Smith, Head of Rebellion books, assured me not to worry.

>Let me quote you his encouraging reply to me at the time:

>>‘There’s definitely no sense of HG subsiding the other books. Rather it’s leading the charge with the Crown Jewels. The low price on the first book ensure that it sells in substantially greater quantities than any other subsequent issue. (By a large factor of difference, up to ten or more as I recall it being explained to me)… There’s no disadvantaging [of you and Simon] by being first out of the gate, quite the reverse.’

>The anticipated high sales on HG would thus exceed the royalties against the higher cover price paid to subsequent creators.

>That seemed fair and reasonable to me and I accepted Ben’s reassurance.

>As a result, I happily and heavily publicized the series for Rebellion as they requested.

>And then the royalties statement arrived last December and – curiously – there were no unit sales on the Ultimate series (unlike on other Rebellion books). The total fee due to me (and the same for Simon) on Horned God was… £129!

>That’s almost the same as a later Nemesis book in the same Ultimate series … £126.

>I politely and patiently raised the issue twice with Ben in February and March this year, requesting information and clarification. I received none.

>So I finally wrote to him at the weekend and said:

>I think £129 for a ‘crown jewels’ story that launched a successful book series and made Rebellion a lot of money is poor, unfair and thus does not respect creators.

>In the past you have insisted that Rebellion do show creators respect. I think this is one example – and there are others, as you well know – where this is not the case.

>HG was not worth my time publicizing for that kind of money.

>It’s also disappointing that the number of units sold of the Horned God has been deliberately withheld . I feel as the co-creator of HG I have a right to know this information, which Rebellion will be aware of.

>I’ve tried number-crunching and comparing the figures which is almost impossible without units sold, but it would appear that Horned God did not sell anywhere remotely like ‘by a factor of ten” as you predicted.

>Yet you still state below that the series performed well!

>That seems like a clear contradiction to me.

>The only conclusion I can come to is that it performed well for Rebellion, but not for any of its contributors.

>At the very least I have been misled.

>There are two possible ways to calculate my loss of income on The Horned God.

>As the Nemesis book listed is 5 times more expensive, it could be 5 x£129 = £645.

>Or if it was ten-fold the money made on Nemesis, as Ben predicted, it could be £1260.00

>And the same amounts would be due to Simon.

>But these projections are hardly definitive, because the number of units sold have been withheld.

>Doubtless Ben will explain that the ‘unit sold’ information comes from Hachette and is confidential.

>So my projections are all I can go by and they seem a reasonable and possible approximation.

>Today, I received a response from Ben to my third email. He has very little to say on these specific issues.

>In summary, his response amounted to ‘Well, that’s the way it is.’

>As per his usual technique, he talked instead, very positively, about future publishing plans for Sláine: The Horned God.

>However, I’ve finally learnt not to be sidetracked by distracting spin, so let’s stick to the point here.

>There was no acknowledgement that I was absolutely correct in my concerns.

>Namely that later Ultimate books made more money than ‘the crown jewels’.

>There was no attempt to address my final request:

>I feel Rebellion should pay Simon and I a further sum reflecting the book’s importance to Rebellion’s financially successful Ultimate Collection.

>So this is what happens when you sell all rights to your creation and unfair anomalies occur.

>The publishers don’t care.

>As we’re on this subject of royalties, I can finally now give you accurate facts and figures.

>I’ve run these same figures past Ben and given him the opportunity to comment or amend my wording, figures and conclusions.

>He has not done so, so I assume they are 100% accurate.

>I told Ben that, looking at the Rebellion royalty statement:

>Rebellion take 90% of profits. And pass on just 5% to writer, 5% to artist.

>On all their print books.

>(I have yet to check on merchandising and digital.)

>Thus Rebellion’s revenue on Ultimate Edition Horned God (from Hachette) is listed as £2587.30

>And due to Simon and myself a total of £258 (10%).

>£129 each.

Namely Rebellion takes 90% of profits, revenue received.

And pass on a total of 10% to creators.

This compares with industry standard in France.

50% to publisher. 25% to writer. 25% to artist.

Let me give you a further example on a regular Rebellion book published by them:

Sláine: Warrior’s Dawn UK.

Rebellion revenue received £1941.50.

Total royalty to creators £194.

So I received £97.00 as the writer. And the artists on that book would have shared a further £97.

There’s also a further issue here.

In the Egmont days, although it wasn’t industry standard, their royalty payments were better and that’s why few of us complained. Because it takes time and energy and most writers and artists find the process of complaining as tedious and exhausting as I do. And some were scared to complain.

Even today some creators have told me they’re afraid to do so in case they are seen as ‘trouble makers’ and can’t get future work from Rebellion.

I don’t know if their fears are justified, but it’s what they believe and it’s time someone spoke out.

In the past, where Egmont is concerned, Ben has disputed my conclusion, claiming Rebellion as offering the same or better deal than its publishing predecessors

So I wrote to him on this subject, too. As follows:

In the past, you have confidently stated that Rebellion paid similar percentages to past publishers. So let me correct you here. These figures show it is not the case. Egmont and Maxwell percentages were definitely higher. They were far closer to industry standard which is – as you know – 50% to publisher. 25% to writer. 25% to artist.

Not 5% to writer. 5% to artist.

Ben did not comment.
Returning to the issue of the Ultimate Edition, Ben has said more about Ultimate sales in his latest letter to me. But as he may say this is commercially sensitive information I don’t think it is right for me to quote it here.

>However, I can assure you that such information makes absolutely no difference to my basic premise and concern that Simon and I have paid the financial price of having our high value work sold for peanuts.

>Based on Ben’s response, this appears to be a matter of complete indifference to Rebellion.

>So what I take away from all this is ‘Yes. You are the Fall Guys for our profitable series. We got it wrong. Tough luck’.

>Those colourful promises made to me were simply … spin.

>They are not going to put it right and they do not think it necessary to apologize to me for having misled me.

>Their inevitable spin or other possible responses do not obscure the fact that through the token royalties and various incidents such as this, I, the creator of 2000AD – along with other 2000AD contributors – have been treated unfairly by Rebellion who have greatly benefited financially from our labour.

>It will also not alter the undeniable fact that the financial reward to this writer for producing 2000AD’s ‘crown jewels’ appearing in the 2000AD Ultimate Edition is just…

>£129.00.

>For me, that is the Ultimate insult.

cringe

Another round of cancellations from the edelweiss. Batman doesn't sell anymore
>Batman Gotham After Midnight 10th Anniversary Edition
>Batman The Dark Prince Charming
This might be because the first two halves AND combined copy are already printed. "Why print it a third time in softcover?" - accountants
>Batman Year Zero Complete
>Batman Gotham Adventures vol 1
Wasn't this printed before recently, or am I confusing it for another cartoon?
>Freedom Fighters vol 1 Death of a Nation
The sales on the singles are very low, so they might have decided not to collect or. Or they are waiting for the rest of the twelve total issues to come out for it to finish
>Justice League: Unite the League
>The Flash: Reverse Warfare
>Harley Loves Joker by Paul Dini
>The Brave and the Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman
Already released in hardcover. The hardcover release might have been part of Sharp's contract for him to do Morrison's GL
>Batman Family

Some other changes that I've seen
>Doomsday Clock is now split into two individual hardcovers
>Batman 1989 movie adaption is getting a HC
>Huntress: Origin looks like it is printing some Levitz Helena Wayne again
>Blackhawks Blood and Iron reprint. This is Chaykin's stuff listed as a HC
>Swamp Thing Bronze Age tpb vol 2 has REAPPEARED

Attached: May5DCCancellations.png (1349x3178, 1017K)

jesus, I had no clue the British comic industry was so shit. This makes the big two look like a godsend in the industry. This is shameful

It's the way it should be. When working for a company, you get their security and faith that you will do a good job.
Expecting more money later down the line when you've already been paid has irreparably damaged the industry.

>book out of stock in any storefront
>third-party sellers selling sealed copies for ~$60, three times the list price
>somehow, the publisher's own site still has copies available
This book was last printed 10 years ago. What the fuck? How do they still have these?

Does that publisher website update their stock? It could actually be OOP but they never bothered to change anything

It's D&Q, and given the mess that is their site that's what I assumed too. But I emailed them and they confirmed they indeed have it, and I ordered one that arrived safe and sound.
Might as well just say I'm referring to the Abandon the Old in Tokyo hardcover.

Is Seven Soldiers good?

Shelf 1/3

Attached: IMG_20190419_073556.jpg (2591x3968, 3.67M)

Shelf 2\3

Attached: IMG_20190419_073620.jpg (2490x3761, 3.56M)

Shelf 3/3

Whoops. Forgot image

Attached: IMG_20190419_073640.jpg (1115x3968, 1.73M)

Nice shelf

Berserk Deluxe looks so damn good but I already have the whole series. Goddammit.

>Amazon order placed back in February was pushed back, again, to July
I'm so fucking mad right now.

I really hope they either rerelease the Hickman Avengers omnibuses or start putting them out in bigger paperback collections. I'd prefer having the two series in one, rather than needing to switch off from Avengers to New Avengers.

>Astro City
I love that series but I wish they put out the last three volumes in paperback.

Just moved so got new shelves and shit, feels good man. Not great pics but they'll do for the moment

1/5, Marvel/DC (and various imprints)

Attached: _20190508_163137.jpg (5662x2621, 2.67M)

2/5, Image, Dark Horse, BOOM!, AfterShock etc.

Attached: _20190508_163100.jpg (5984x2676, 2.72M)

3/5, 2000AD, Rebellion and mostly indie stuff

Attached: _20190508_163035.jpg (5984x2583, 2.65M)

4/5, Mango

Attached: _20190508_163118.jpg (4662x4144, 3.93M)

5/5, Overesized shit that won't fit elsewhere, zines and other misc.

Not seen; my longbox, to-read shelf, Artist Editions and artbooks

Attached: _20190508_163228.jpg (3559x3376, 2.52M)

Bros... How do I start collecting comics?
I wanna have a nice /shelf/ too but I don't know what to get? Are there any nice stories with some good trades?

Ooh, Jon Sable! I've been meaning to get into that.

We need to know what you like first. The first comic you buy should be one you absolutely want to own and reread again and again. Tell us about what you're into.
Or just buy Sandman.

You take a series you really like and buy the collection. It is that simple, sooner rather than later you'll see your shelf growing with things you enjoy reading again and again, recommended stories that you like and then you'll run out of space.

This too

I need a new shelf, I have boxes just lying around over here

Well I'm into a lot of magic-related books (Pic related got me into magic) and some Sciency stuff (that doesn't involve super-meta cosmic shenanigans).
I want to get something like Adam Strange or Shadowpact. Things that have adventure but the background is either magic or science.
Also yeah, I read Sandman (People hype it up too much but Ramadan was GOAT).
I used to have a lot of vintage 80s comics like Teen Titans but I lost it. I really want to get back into buying comics again just because it feels nice to have a physical copy you know?

Attached: Mordulaugh.jpg (922x546, 113K)

>adventure
Mike Carey's Lucifer. Five thick trades collect the whole series. Easily recommended.
>Sciency stuff (that doesn't involve super-meta cosmic shenanigans)
The manga Planetes. Two books about garbage men in space.
And there you go, that's a start.

What comics have you liked reading? What comics do you want to read?
Buy them in physical form.

Boom baby, you just started a shelf.

I don't know.

Perfect entry-level sampler platter.

Attached: 52_1.jpg (600x919, 185K)

>it feels nice to have a physical copy you know?
Yes user, we all know. Hope you find a collection that you like. Also Teen titans from the 80's seems to have plenty collections.

Attached: Shelf 01 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 658K)

>52
>Mike Carey's Lucifer.
>The manga Planetes.
Thanks anons, I appreciate this. I gotta check it out first though and see if I'm into it.
Damn, Nice user. I envy you all.

Attached: 1555378056533.png (133x163, 65K)

>seething internally

Yep got them done at houchen bindery.

Is the Animal Man Omnibus worth getting over the individual trades?

>sold all my sixth gun gunslingers unopened to make rent while i was unemployed.
>got a job and can afford them again.
>second one is out of print and not sold anywhere.

>my life is suffering.jpg

mine loves me. i get so many packages he now gets the ability to park in front of houses with heavy packages and gets to walk less.

Well, it depends. Is your priority to have something to read or is it to have something nice on your shelf? Giant, thousand page omnibuses look sick, but the bigger they are the harder they are to actually read.

Based.

you're missing two sandman books

yeah he literally used me with the supervisor to get them to let him because they planned out him a big walking route where he's park and do a loop of a mile or so of walking from various houses and shit and he's like you know the kid on my route who gets 25 lb packages every week. long story short he gets exempted from walking shit loads because of my instocktrades fetish.

I know desuarchive.org/co/thread/105618670/#q105645825

What a fun social link to have.

>them jla trades
my nigga. im on volume 3 right now. probably the best superhero comic ever written.

But that's not Robinson's Starman.

Turtles!

Attached: 378FA027-A68F-4A1D-95D7-202CBB9DA27F.jpg (3264x2448, 2.15M)

Starman was awesome.
I don't have a physical copy yet but its a must read. Pic related is the best send-off to a C-List character, nothing beats it.

Attached: Last Starman.jpg (1041x1600, 409K)

whats everyone reading?
for me, its
>morrison JLA
>thanos quest
>age of ultron
>morrison doom patrol
>DC rebirth JL
>dragon ball z volume 2
>tom king mister miracle again

I plan on doing a review video for them, but they're just he Ketch issues 0-94 plus crossroads, Dr.strange special , X-Men 9,Spiderman 93, werewolf by night 8 ect. I just put them in order by publication. I tried to put no more than 20 issues per volume.

I'm just looking to have a copy of the story to read/have, so it comes down which is version is worth the money.

I see you and I'll raise you this.

Attached: Rest in Peace.jpg (975x1521, 268K)

Milligan's Shade the Changing Man. Seems pretty cool so far.

still mad the Starman Omnibus paperbacks got canceled after vol 2

>final crisis
whats so important about final crisis? like did it reset the dc universe yet again? i hear its a big convoluted and confusing mess

Based, Thats Ostranders Spectre right?
Why did the Jolly Green Ghost go back to Jim anyway? I thought he was chilling inside Hal.
This is a cool spread and I liked the event.

Attached: All Magic.jpg (1600x1227, 827K)

I saw Grant Morrison at a comics store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen issues of doom patrol in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the books and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any metaphysical magical infetterance,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each issue and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by saying a magic spell really loudly.

>Ostranders Spectre
Yup. My personal favorite comic at the moment. I own the two trades and am starting to think I should follow the lead of that one user who has the whole series in custom binds.
>Why did the Jolly Green Ghost go back to Jim anyway?
Because DC sucks and can't let a man who earned his final rest in Heaven stay in Heaven.

>Outcasts (1987)
>The Real Folk Blues
>Redlands
>X-Force (current)
>Criminal Deluxe vol.1
>20th Century Boys Perfect Edition vol.2

Who was this originally about?

ryan gosling

Did they explain it in a way?
They explained how Dr.Fate came back in JSA. Did they at least try to explain how he got back for Day of Vengance?

Attached: Its MAGIC.jpg (469x737, 103K)

Nothing's *important* about it. The only lasting effect of it was the return of Barry Allen. It's just a good superhero comic.

It has a reputation of being an incoherent mess because it was published and presented as an Event Comic, which are big and popular and meant to draw in new and lapsed readers, but it was actually written as a continuation of a lot of themes and concepts that Grant Morrison had been exploring throughout most of his DC output, so there's required reading beforehand to get the most out of it.

neighbors love too. about a year after i moved in caught a kid vandalizing the neighbors car. he was so spooked he ran off and left his bike. called the cops gave a description of the kid. neighbors tweety bird yellow mustang had the wind shield smashed in. next day they find a two mile stretch of vandalism. dumb ass kid went into the police station to get his bike. they give the kid his bike give him his address and during the time they are getting the ducks in a row to arrest the kid and question him. when they are going to come and get him, kid steals his grandmothers car and leads the cops on a car chase.

all because i was nosy as hell hearing a sound like someone pumping a jack and went to look thinking someone was stealing the tires off the neighbors new mustang.

oh so its more like, say, heroes in crisis than crisis on infinite earths

Pretty sure it was Jake Lloyd originally

I have absolutely no idea, user.

You're a real life hero user. Enjoy that feeling.

I mean, not really. Setting aside that Heroes in Crisis is dogshit, Final Crisis does have the same cosmic, multiversal scope that CoIE has. It's just that in the long term Final Crisis doesn't really "matter" in the same way that CoIE does, because it's not a pivotal event that people can point to and say "That right there was a turning point for comics."

Should have waited for the omnis

Marvel put out Danny ketch omnibus, good luck waiting. Shit they're just now doing a blaze masterworks that supposedly coming out in Oct. I'll have my blaze custom ones done before then. Also gonna do a ghost rider team up omnibus, midnigtsons collection,Static and blood syndicate collection.

Corrigan retired
The hostless Spectre got unhinged and Hal became the host during Day of Judgement.
Hal's series sold like crap, and editorial (Didio with Johns' influence) decided to bring Hal back as the main Green Lantern.
With no host, the Spectre went nuts again for the Infinite Crisis miniseries Day of Vengeance. That ended with the Spectre bonding to the recently murdered Gotham cop Crispus Allen. There wasn't a lot of Crispus stuff outside of a gory miniseries called Tales of the Unexpectes by David Lapham.
The New 52 happened in 2011, so the Spectre was rebooted with Corrigan as the host again, and he's had one short series (Gotham after Midnight) and a few other appearances.

>The hostless Spectre got unhinged
Ah I see, that's why he was so easily manipulated by Eclipso. Makes way more sense now, No Host = Maniac.

is that invisibles actually readable or does the spine not accomodate

bumpo

Attached: aa10.jpg (1024x894, 338K)

I want to thank these threads as they got me into the spectre! I do need to get Day of Vengeance

Books of Magic by Gaiman

Mexican right? Wotakoi quality is great, panini is stepping their game

Very nice

I love batman rip

Top Right is the Wonderful World of Bill Ward: King of the Glamour Girls. Collection of pin up and comics by long since passed artist.

It does. I seem to have a problem with finishing Image series off. I want to work on them next.

I never ended picking them up because I've always felt like paperback manga was a waste of money. The HCs are so nice I finally broke down.

I really like it and that is with my only originally picking it up for the Bulleteer and Zantanna comics. The HC is the best way to read it.

It's one of Morrison's best works.

It might have been if DC hadn't reset two years later.

Then it's the omnibus. Personally I would recommend both, the trades for easy access and reading and the omni for the shelves. Also get a digital copy/scan. You never know.

Gotham by Midnight was fucking spectacular and I need to track down the singles of the whole series.
One of the better DCYou books easily.

Kinda funny how people're still buying Batman Returns

>I need to track down the singles of the whole series.
That's going to be getting much harder as time goes on. Publishers (well, Diamond) print so little that they aren't usually many spare issues going around.
Stores tend to order what their customers are pulling + 1-3 copies for the shelf.
I need to get on collecting REBELS vol 2 sometime soon, because that thing was selling just above 10K for most of it's run

I have never read it before. That's why

It's enjoyable and you will enjoy owning it because it's highly re-readable and once you dive more into DC (something to do when you sign up for the app to binge something like Doom Patrol and spend some of that membership time reading comic books too), you'll appreciate some stuff more.

Agree with this user about doing the HC or at least the two volume set.

Read the digital trades and if you really want both the shelf status item and think you'll read them, the nice paperbacks, although the omnibus editions look better.

You are missing the Absolute All Star and you should have purchased the Multiversity HC

Nice, any chance we could see some interior pics?

How's the Doom Patrol omnibus?

80’s Titans has three in print omnibuses and a fourth on the way.
I strongly suggest you stop at #2
Pic related

Attached: 04DC3887-E9A6-4491-9AF0-997725391D05.jpg (617x446, 276K)

I read mine, and my DP omnis too. Most omni’s are fine. I own like 40. However, these two are unwieldy. I’ve read both twice, though, and the oversized art and having it all in one place make up for the size issues. Same for the fourth world omni.
As far as looking great on the shelf, I have no idea wtf that’s about. who the fuck am I showing them to?

take a bump

Yeah let me get home from the gym and cook first.

These are a few things I’ve acquired over the past month through EBay, LCS sales, and gifts from a friend

Attached: 2298FF64-6B8E-44C3-B3E1-AB25FC4B4C52.jpg (2048x1536, 1.01M)

Attached: 71E27764-D133-4FF1-9C30-54CCE779E263.jpg (2048x1536, 1003K)

Attached: 0F20683B-1F11-4F13-8567-7F93786CE096.jpg (2674x1536, 1.15M)

is this a thing people do? read 10 books at the same time? for what purpose? read one, finish it, start the next one.

Well Yea Forums ... I may have overdone my recent purchases. These are in the mail, once they arrive I will post pictures.

Attached: A37E7D70-78D8-43B6-8C5B-36F67AD93A7D.jpg (2834x4001, 800K)

Moving out this week, so here's my /shelf/ one last time, at least in its current state. Finally nabbed an x-statix omni at a semi reasonable price, should show up sometime next week.

Attached: IMG_20190309_184214.jpg (4084x3006, 2.11M)

>Slither

Excellent taste!

I'm interested in how the LXG Jubilee hardcover is compared to the trades.

shoo, SHOO!

Attached: Boxman.jpg (750x867, 655K)

Damn nigga

Bouncing back and forth keeps things fresh
>The Weatherman Vol. 1
>LOSH Silver Age Omni
>Hulk Epic 2
>Buz Sawyer Vol. 2
>Some Romano Scarpa Duck floppies

>Magic Adventure
Madame Xanadu by Wagner
Loki Journey into Mystery by Gillen
Orc Stain cause if you want to get into comics, you will have to suffer a bit with us
Science
Ocean/ Orbiter by Ellis, easy pick, Ellis always writes good science stuff but a lot of times he goes too bleak. These two are his most hopeful futurist stories

There's a reason so many the top people left in the 80's to work in America, it wasn't because they were all super fans.

The company that owned 2000AD before Rebellion was even worse. They didn't just keep original art, they actively destroyed it

Where did you order from?

god I'm still pissed about hitman, who in their right mind would buy a best of over the whole series.

Nice, I've always wanted to get into the IDW TMNT cause all the issues I've read were pretty great. One day I will take the dive.
>Sandman
>The Technopriests
>Witchblade/Artifacts
>Green Arrow by Noccenti (not good)
>Kalevala
that last one is something I didn't even know I had, found it in storage. It's a comic of an ancient Finnish epic, like Gilgemesh and The Odyssey. So it was preserved through spoken language until it was finally written down in the late 19th century. It sticks to the original translation except for cutting out specific areas of repetition. Artwork is in black and white and makes it almost have a wood cut out quality to it. Really enjoying it.

Attached: 2019-05-08_18.49.06[1].jpg (1784x2802, 3.07M)

Me too...saw it in my LCS but it was wrapped up. Looks very nice, so fingers crossed.

I’m just disappointed they split my order, didn’t realize anything was happening until I got two different tracking numbers. Bastards.

InStockTrades my brother

I have Thor Visionaries vol. 1 and Astro Boy Omnibus 6 on the way now.

I have to get a new shelf and reorganize everything so I can post my shit eventually.

>Panda
I can't stick to a single 100 page run without needing a different flavor of story. 6-8 issues is usually enough before I want a change. Plus it's mood, some stuff is really heavy reading and some stuff is light, all depends on how I feel

Attached: panda1.jpg (329x500, 51K)

I added a few Morrison books today.

Wasn't it New 52? And did the two trades not collect the full run? I loved those and thought that's all there was.

It's just too big to fit on this shelf.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x2298, 1.88M)

I'm assuming you approve of my purchase? I swear it wasn't because of Panda mostly

based and silverpilled

>Kalevala
That looks amazing. Beautiful cover.

>tfw placed mine in december
>got it last month

Attached: 1547609259436.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

I wasn't aware there were trades, that makes this much easier.
And I thought it was a DCYou book, but it looks like it and Gotham Academy started right before that.

I like to report in when I found a single issue particularly enjoyable, since one-shots make my pee pee hard. Fuck decompressed 12 parters.

Anyway it's pic related. Another "Kid Who Collects Spider-Man" type of story with delicious artwork. I don't love this series, and I particularly don't like that Aunt May having cancer will have a constant presence (fuck Aunt May, we all know her cancer is going to magically cured or something. What is she, 150 years old now? KILL HER), but the artwork has been stellar, and this issue is nothing short of a gem.

Attached: STL116555.jpg (994x1528, 2.64M)

>SHOW YOURSHELVES

ASM #18. HU was really good for me

That's the Gibbon issue right? That was great too. The Black Cat issue was also very good. Spencer's ASM is doing very little for me but there are issues here and there I enjoy.

Yeah that one. I haven't read much Spider-Man but I'm enjoying it., sucks that there is so little of Ottley and a lot of Ramos

the art overall in friendly neighborhood has been fantastic, they really do a good spidey

>Animal Man 30th anniversary Vol 1
I've been looking into this, is it the whole story or is there a Vol 2,3,4,... coming out? Haven't read Animal Man before but am interested in the Morrison run

I see a lot of hate for Ramos on Yea Forums but I've loved his work on Spider-Man over the years. His stuff has such style and energy, and it's lighthearted and fun which fits the tone of your average Spidey comic. It's a shame he's leaving the book, but I'm beyond stoked that Gleason will be joining ASM and Marvel in general. One of my favorite DC artists. Happy to have him at the house of ideas.

Yeah for sure. I'm not crazy about the writing, but the artwork is undeniably fantastic. It's the best "quasi-3D" type of stuff I've ever seen (you know, like Janin style). I hope to see Juann Cabal for a long time, and on higher profile books. He's quickly becoming my favorite Marvel artist.

i read one issue out of a trade/night so ive read like 5-10 issues from different runs unless i like the book then ill read the whole thing in one sitting.
>reading infinity gauntlet after reading some dc stuff
>kept on thinking cyclops was booster gold for some reason

Attached: joker nani.jpg (329x498, 80K)

No, there would be around 3 of them to wrap Morrison up. But DC's a mess and they likely won't ever come out
It's about time that Gleason finally moves to the winning side

It'll probably get included in the second Sorcerer Supreme Epic since Triumph and Torment is in the first one, but is there any known reason why Into Shamballa has never been reissued? It goes for silly money on eBay. Even T&T got that brief reprint in 2013.

Attached: Dr.Strange-into-Shamballa.jpg (1603x2153, 493K)

>but is there any known reason why Into Shamballa has never been reissued?
Dunno. Very little of the Marvel Graphic Novel line has ever been reprinted. All I can say is thank god for the MCU. None of this stuff would be getting collected otherwise.

>No, there would be around 3 of them to wrap Morrison up. But DC's a mess and they likely won't ever come out

Attached: a32529d4e304f4855ecb1d2c6bc032c7250c1fa9_hq.jpg (540x537, 32K)

I would definitely expect those to keep coming just for the Morrison name alone.

>It's about time that Gleason finally moves to the winning side
But we lose Marquez in exchange. I love Marquez :( Draws my favorite Tony Stark

Attached: static1.squarespace.jpg (655x453, 79K)

>Dan Green
Not the VA Dan Green, right?

>Bill Ward
Does it have his femdom stuff in it? Asking for a friend.

I sure hope they finish it and DC has been going all out on Morrison collections so they probably will. I'd have gotten the omnibus but it's out of print and overpriced.

Not sure yet. Won't get it till Monday it seems. USPS is being rather slow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Green_(artist)
Different guy.

Nuts.

Attached: Ideal relationship.jpg (500x806, 69K)

Didn't know JLA/Avengers was still in print or if you bought that from a reseller, OUCH.

That Rebirth Supes in particular had some really nice art - shame it wasn't a great arc - how is that OPM? Is it and the JoJo also in Spanish?

And he'll be rightly salty for ages

And sadder still that even at 40% of list price, the LCS didn't make any profit but Diamond did.

I had all the issues ,and just got them customer bound,yeah shit is super expensive.

Got these for FCBD

Attached: received_324323074921997.jpg (1031x1920, 236K)

Yeah, all of those mangos are in Spanish. Panini editorial is doing amazing work with their licenses here in Mexico. The OPM is good even if I think it has slowed down a lot, and the JoJo's are equivalent to bunko's with 300 pages or so and soft cover

That cover to Marvel Age 66 in the Youtube thumbnail is absolutely beautiful. I know it's been digitally recolored a bit, but it's incredible to think Bolton put that out in the 80s - it wouldn't be out of place today, three decades on.

I thought that was a dogs mouth.

That Venture Bros book is fucking fantastic, top tier book my guy

Decided to break off from my GL shelf for a couple months to focus on other books I've been meaning to get. I can't recommend the Smithsonian Collection of Newspaper Comics enough. It's from 1977, but it's got a very nice selection of some popular and more obscure comics worth reading into.

As for next month -- I leave the fate of my /shelf/ purchases up to you guys:
strawpoll.me/17959801

Attached: IMG_20190507_232909002.jpg (1871x1403, 1.02M)

I'm voting for Moon Knight. Everybody needs to be a Moon Knight fag.

Attached: moonknightdps.jpg (991x689, 192K)

This. Highest percentage of good comics out there

Just ordered the rest of the BPRD omnis and Baltinore vol 8, is how come vol 7 is so hard to find online and expensive?

Attached: IMG_20190327_191643_643.jpg (3024x3780, 3.08M)

Shoulda held on those Baltimores. Dark Horse always collects 3 trades into a HC "omnibus." Baltimore and Witchfinder just got theirs solicited. I'm holding out for Hellboy and the BPRD and Devil You Know. They're so predictable. Notice how both those series are 3 volumes?

>Hellboy and the BPRD
>3 volumes
But it's got like 5? Definitely waiting on the Witchfinder and Devil You Know omnis though.

1/2
How does Yea Forums display single issues? Just finished this set up and so far am happy. Need to clean up clutter though.

Attached: shelf 1.jpg (833x625, 166K)

2/2
Also need to invest in some heavy bookends

Attached: shelf 2.jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm sick of boxes but I don't want to bind.

I don't. They're in my closet right now.

I just finished reading Batman: Year One yesterday and started reading Kirby's run on Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen.

It's not very practical, but you could get a shitpile of comic frames and hang at least the nice covers up.
It's not permanent like slabbing one.
And you could get some of these boxes that stack easy.

Attached: 51xJnXKUpHL.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Keep in mind that Gantz ending is terrible and Berserk's real story starts only in 3rd volume.

Is that the softcover Calvin and Hobbes boxset?

>Bitching about horned god bing 1.99

I'm subscribed to ultimate collection and pat mills has a total of 25 books in the collection. Pat mills just likes to cry a lot.
The future shocks documentary proved that.

I will admit though rebellion need to get their shit together. It's why they've lost everyone from Moore to Al Ewing.

They actually had a guy scratch artists signatures of work.

I have the kodensha Akira too. Yours has different spines though. My ones are left to right, are yours the same or are the took way of right to left.

I'd post pics but at work.

Would you recommend the old series or the new series of TMNT?

Indeed, my shelf is full of MCU side effect reprints.

Yeah, I borrowed it from the library about 6 months ago at the recommendation of someone here and loved it, but I only realized recently that I hadn't bought my own copy yet. It's blast, I love its schizophrenic depiction of Norman.

I'm also curious about this. I held off buying the complete C&H set when it initially came out because I'd heard the binding was absolutely terrible and the books would fall apart after only a few reads. Anyone able to confirm if the softcover version is any good?

He wouldn't be bitching if they actually played ball. Read how they continually lied to him or misslead him every step of the way.

Is that the N52 Shazam story?
I suppose it would get a little more attention with the movie cover, but I honestly can't think of any other time they've put the movie on the cover.

If you watch the future shock dock he does nothing but complain about 2000ad and then continues to write for them.

OH FUCK
RIGHT STUF HAS THE BERSERK DELUXE VOL. 1 IN STOCK
Finally. Get fucked, Amazon.

Decided to put the artbooks and unsorted hardcovers on one shelf. Doesn't really work aesthetically, but it's better than their old homes on my living room floor.

Attached: 20190509_105754.jpg (3000x1688, 1.6M)

That depends on your interests. The new IDW series is great and has a lot of talent on it up to a certain point. The old series has a certain charm and excitement in it if you get into all the hype that the creators (Eastman and Laird) were so good that they did not need to publish under DC or Marvel. The originals were a product of their time.

The softcover doesn't feel like it'll fall apart, but I got it off Amazon for $45 new, so it was a steal either way.

Same shit happened to me

>moving this month
>wanted to get myself some Absolutes
>I guess I'll have to wait till I'm fully settled and have some neat shelves to hold my books. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about getting a shelf with glass doors but maybe, a regular one will do as well

Hellboy library editions look nice on shelves

I was talking about shelves lol
I already have the Hellboy Omnis though. Didn't want to spend too much on comics but I wound up really wanting the Sandman Absolutes so those will fuck me hard. Many people say that they're worth it though so I'm taking a leap of faith and getting them blindly to read the entire thing in its best form for the first time ever

Has anybody read Morrison's nameless? I rarely see it getting talked about and I feel it's the kind of book Yea Forums would love. So much to dissect.

I've finished Gantz and I have read most of Berserk so I'm not worried.

I love Nameless. Its a fantastic book to reread especially

Same. Read it like 4 times already and still don't think I grasp everything completely. This is like one of the only few times when cosmic horror really got to me, rather than being just a great story.

>I've finished Gantz
And you still felt obliged to own it? Not trying to be rude, just really surprised.

>I feel it's the kind of book Yea Forums would love
You feel wrong.

I remember a bunch of anons saying it was a nonsense mindfuck. So I bought it
Still haven't gotten around to it, but the trade cover is nice.

bump

I need to learn more about Mayan myth and lore I feel in order to fully understand it

Ice Cream Man is really cool. Anything else like it coming out these days? Old school horror/weird tales anthology vibes

Thanks!

How's the Tezuka artbook? Is there much Dororo stuff in there?

Notes on this shelf:
1. I would sell my firstborn for a complete set of Phoenix. If you own a complete set of Phoenix, offer's on the table.
2. The Harper Collins editions of Buddha, while cheaper than Vertical's, are barely a step above newsprint. Don't make the mistake I did.

>How's the Tezuka artbook?
It's practically an art-filled biography, telling the story of the artist and his characters in chronological order. It covers a little bit of everything he ever created or worked on, with panels, side art, and animation frames put into context by the text. My copy also came with a DVD, a 40-minute video documentary.
If you're already a fan I couldn't recommend it more, though if you're relatively new to him it might be a bit much. Doesn't make for a good jumping off point due to how relatively few of the series ever came out here.
>Is there much Dororo stuff in there?
Not as much as the sections on his more iconic work like Astro Boy or Blackjack, but if you're interested Vertical translated the Dororo manga in 2008.

Attached: 20190509_172155.jpg (3000x1688, 1.61M)

FCBD pickups.
1/2

Attached: IMG_20190509_183128.jpg (3264x2448, 2.58M)

HUMAN TARGET #2-20
40 issues of SHADE
2/2

Attached: IMG_20190509_183358.jpg (3264x2448, 2.85M)

By the time I got to my LCS on FCBD the only thing left was that DC Year of the Villain special, which ended up being so bad I threw it in the trash. Fuck

Thank you. I have the two Tezuka artbooks that Udon brought over, so I was thinking I might go for that one if there was much Dororo material in there.

I have that omnibus myself, it's pretty great. Have you liked the new anime so far?

>tfw I tried reading Tezuka and didn't care for any of it
wew. saved myself a lot of money

Haven't seen it, actually. Aside from Jojo adaptations I haven't watched anime in years.

Has anyone here been to TCAF? How much time would you say is a good amount to spend? A few hours? I don't want to go to any panels, but only look at the tables and maybe get something signed.

>a dc product is shit
No waaaaay

He complains about American comics even more, and hates them even more. He's actually more happy going back to write girls comics

No, but I got featured on TCAP once.

Been a while since I shared, so why not.
Sold a couple things to flip.
Trying to get my hands on the Goon stuff.
Just knocked out Harrow County and dug it so might add that too.

Attached: 4L_ZKk1s8jD.jpg (3024x4032, 3.8M)

I really need to get serious about getting those Final Fantasy Ultimania books, I love Amano's art but I kinda want the FF stuff too, want the 2nd volume with IV, V and VI
nice, how much did Shade run you?

>nice, how much did Shade run you?
$1 an issue. Only need thirteen more to complete the run!

Based Milligan fan

Is that why they cancelled the Curse of Shazam! Deluxe edition? I saw a ton of newer collections get cancelled. I heard some of the Deluxe editions don't even have the nice wraparound art underneath the dust jackets any longer.

This is what you mean, right? It's really good.

Attached: image.jpg (1988x3056, 2.02M)

I read it but didn't really get anything out of it. It was kind of annoying how often it jumps times/locations because virtually every page turn is jarring.

nice. that's a floppy set I have to get around to one day. lord knows DC won't collect it

same here. ordered from walmart today. already shipped. canceled my amazon order

Page 10? NOT ON MY WATCH

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (3073x2296, 1001K)

you must be stoked for that upcoming loki series

I have cautious optimism
I sure as hell hope is good, but it wouldnt surprise me if it isnt, that's the curse of jumping from writer to writer with a character. Will read it definetly and will be open about my liking or disliking of it.

you're gonna buy it anyway

Would've been smarter to do that during FC given the whole fourth world going into the fifth world thing.

1/3 Alan Moore, Kirby, Marvel, misc

Attached: IMG_1743.jpg (1632x1224, 618K)

Attached: 2019-05-04 13.26.31 upright.jpg (600x789, 136K)

2/3 DC

Attached: IMG_1744.jpg (1224x1632, 443K)

We'll see, we'll see.

Also

are those epic collections in master reading order? I've always thought about doing that. would make placing newer stuff easier, you just put it on the bottom right in order as you get it

3/3 Misc, Los Bros/Chris Ware, Miller/Morrison oversize books, custom binds

Attached: IMG_1745.jpg (1224x1632, 490K)

They are indeed. As are all the DC's. I get bored at my job and spreadsheets are an easy way to look like you're working.

>Walmart
Thank you based user, just ordered for my Amazon preorder price.

Excited for a new Vampirella/Christopher Priest ongoing and a Jose Gonzalez oversized art book. Might start collecting Eerie and Creepy next month.

Attached: 2019-05-04 22.25.10.jpg (3127x1451, 2.26M)

Ooh, nice. Jealous, I've been looking for that Nancy book.

based Loki bumper

TL;dr me on Ghost Rider

They do good work, they did my Flash binds with the logos. International shipping from where I am is a killer, though.

Attached: ghost rider destroys marvel history.jpg (895x1196, 274K)

>SF: Sakura vs. Karin
Had no idea they were doing that. Is it good?

So, Ghost Rider == Inferno Cop?

Yeah that guy turned out to be Kevin O'Neill

Don't think I've seen this /shelf/ before. Nice custom books bro

Every time I see that pic, it makes me thank god I put mine on a bottom shelf, Heavy as the damn thing is I don't understand why he had on there like that.

honestly I cringe everytime I look at that pic. dude lost what, 20k in statues in an instant?

It's great, really cute.
There should still be a thread for it up.

Thanks, man. Got a few ready to ship out, gonna finish the uncollected JLI and the second Kesel/Grummett Superboy run.

Damn, I could feel incredible sadness emanating from that pic.

I know right! I was extremely surprised, I will be using them again.

you can see the dude in the glass reflection, he looks sad

Thank you, getting this shit now.

idk how he even stomached to take a photo of it

as am I. He did warn us that he was going to take her into some territory no one has done with her before and from the FCBD he is right. I liked the setup though, it's going on my pull list

Attached: vampi dejah.jpg (3234x2460, 1.59M)

probably for the insurance, for the love of god I hope he has some.

There’s such a chaotic energy to this picture

oh that's right

This happened to my LCS when they moved, shelf wasn’t secured and BOOM

You can insure comics and toys? Literally how

you can insure anything as long as you pay

what he said.

money

Was he able to recoup at all???

>vampi/dejah #5
huh, I don't think I read this yet. Did they end with this issue?

I doubt it

Fuck, I'm jelly. That looks like a sweet haul.

What's that Zatanna one about?

Also excited for the new series. Did you guys pick this up?

Attached: Sonja Vampi and Archie.jpg (1801x1915, 748K)

no, there is 6 issues in total, I just grabbed something Vampi close by to take a pic.

>Amy Chu
nope! I was excited about it until I read who was writing. She can make even the most fun concepts so fucking boring!

This is on my pull and I'll get it the next time I'm in. Buying it purely for the cover. I'm a simple man. I grew up with Archie comics, and if a cover has Betty and Veronica drawn in a way I like, I'm buying it.

Gonna get it this weekend if my LCS has it. Was it good?

Haven't read it yet.

it's kinda shit, there are like 2 or 3 places where something fun happens, otherwise it's completely boring.

I wanted to save for the Jose Gonzalez art book and Playboy issue.

is the Playboy out yet? I want to grab that

Yeah. I found some sources online saying it's in the Playboy Spring 2019 issue, but I can't find any particular pictures of Vampi in that issue online. So, I'm kind of skeptical of buying it.
>Joining [Gail] Simone on the story is artist Joyce Chin, colorist Addison Duke, and letterer Taylor Esposito.

Attached: playboy.jpg (640x415, 192K)

whats some decent barnes and noble tier trades i should get

What do I do if none of my friends like comics

do you mean graphicnovelcore like blankets, persepolis, maus?

Sandman
Watchmen
New Frontier

>none of my friends like comics
>friends
is this a trick question?

why do they need to like comics

very few people read comics so the odds to having even 1 friend that reads is very low. your best bet it to get friendly with someone at your LCS and hope that's enough

They don't, I'm just lonely.

That's why I'm here bro.

what comics do you like

Get better friends. My social circle has no males that don't read comics and girls are dumb anyway.

You have us

>Get better friends
lol who says something like this in response to not having a comic friend?

Are comics really that niche? I always see comic book stores in every town I've been to.

comics are incredibly niche. I'd be shocked if more than 0.5% of people read comics

Good shelf man
>Love and Rockets
>Custom binds

ya but most people have at one point read comics. Most people just don't actively, it's more a past interest or just something they like to read once in a while

>dude has 150,000 pages of comics done
>none of it is good
YIKES

I still haven't taken new pics, so here's 4 pics again
1/4

Attached: 20190404_025855.jpg (3486x1960, 3.64M)

explain Manga

never said none of it is good. said none of it was for me.
yeah. everyone is exposed to comics at some point, I mean, everyone is exposed to almost everything at some point. very few people keep with it.
I'm not going to attempt to, I'm only speaking for comics in America+Canada

I had a weird dream where Godzilla was fucking shit up again (I have lots of dreams were kaiju or titans or the monsters from BPRD wreck where I happen to be) and for whatever reason I was holed up in a bunker with a copy of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
Do you think God/Satan is trying to tell me to buy it?

2/4

Attached: 20190404_025925.jpg (3635x1322, 2.53M)

3/4

Attached: 20190404_030109.jpg (3119x1960, 3.91M)

4/4

Attached: 20190404_030251.jpg (4032x1315, 2.78M)

A variety, I like everything from superheroes to old newspaper strips
My LCS is kind of far sadly and they don't even really have any comics there
When I went in they had one shelf with literally like twelve comics on it, displayed like the new releases shelf at a movie rental place

Except for France, Italy and Japan it's pretty much a niche interest.

Did you pick up the first Diamond is Unbreakable volume yet?

Yeah. This was taken at the beginning of last month.

Buy the fantagraphics version in the Don Rosa library, the new volume doesn't contain his editor notes.

In Finland literally everyone reads Duck comics. Donald Duck's weekly series has like the highest circulation of any publication in the country.

I don't see anything new

Yes. You need it in your life.

Some stuff was salvaged and able to be replaced
It was mostly waifu statues so nothing TOO bad but it’s still a huge shot to the foot to any business

t. Don Rosa

Is true though.

it's a meme ya dip

i shudder to think what i'd be like if all my chew statues died like that.

Get them into comics of course

no guys in their twenties like comics

Wait a minute, what about me?

*raises paw*

How do I into duck comics?

Carl Barks and Don Rosa. Alternatively you can try the Italian Duck Avenger stuff.

Just anything by them? Are they that good writers?

Carl Barks was called "The good duck artist" back in the day, because that's what he was. Rosa is his fanboy who mined everything he did and built a continuity out of it.
Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck has been mentioned in this thread, that's a great story. Easily recommended.

Did he ever influence anything besides other Duck comics?

Osamu Tezuka.

And?

>he doesn't know who Osamu Tezuka is
Let me see if I can explain this to you in terms you understand.
Carl Barks inspired Osamu Tezuka. Osamu Tezuka created manga in the form we know today. Literally the entire Japanese comic book industry was shaped by Osamu Tezuka. And Osamu Tezuka was shaped by Disney and Barks. Therefore Carl Barks influenced the entire manga industry by proxy.
I know manga is a little niche but I'm sure you've at least heard of it before.

Attached: BarksTezuka.jpg (422x601, 199K)

I meant American comics

>comicscube.com/2010/11/top-ten-most-influential-comics-writers_24.html
>Carl Barks at #3
I dunno man, maybe he's overrated. I don't know why you're asking me all these things.

I'm torn between recommending The Don Rosa Library or The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
The former is the recently printed collections of my personal favourite Duck artist, while the latter is essentially the All-Star Superman of Scrooge McDuck comics. It's a fantastic miniseries, but it won't hold as much meaning without experiencing the context of the rest of it.

>but it won't hold as much meaning without experiencing the context of the rest of it.
But it is absolutely it's own story and worth reading regardless.

Attached: McDuck Citizen Kane.jpg (3328x1600, 2.57M)

>Moon Knight got the most votes
Looking at a trade guide I found, it seems like anything that was between Vol. 1 and the mid-00's has just been completely ignored by Marvel. At least the runs seem small enough and there's tons of eBay listings for floppy lots.

At the very least this won't be a stretch on the wallet and I'll finally have some Marvel on the shelf that isn't just the N.E.X.T.W.A.V.E mini.

Getting the three Epic Collections will get you far, grasshopper.

rec me some classic Horror

>The second Epic Collection collects vol. 2 except for #1-4
>The third Epic Collection collects the last third of vol. 3
For what purpose?

Remember when Scrooge and Goldie fucked?

Attached: Prisoners of White Agony Creek.png (2225x822, 3.93M)

Yeah. I said I haven't taken new pics. This is from a month ago.

bump

This is the only reason I have even the slightest regret that I've bought volumes 4 & 5 of the Don Rosa Library over the Life & Times collection, since this story wasn't written until much later than the rest.
That emotional gut punch on par with the steamboat scene, and a cameo by Judge Roy Bean. What more does a man need from a Duck comic?

In Finland they're going to publish a version of Life and Times that's both the main series and the companion stuff in one book.
Going to be a long 5 months waiting for that.

Indiana Jones

this is awesome

anyone?

What is confusing you exactly?
It’s sequential order...

First Epic Collection includes MK issues #1-4
Second Epic Collection includes MK issues #5-23
Third Epic Collection includes MK issues #24-38

In other words; the entirety of the first series.

Well you are either talking the pre-code EC stuff or the 70’s horror revival.

If you want the EC stuff there is a multitude of hardcover collections out and it’s all fantastic.

If you want the 70’s revival you have Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Monster of Frankenstein and the upcoming Horror Omnibus. DC has Bronze Age Omnibus editions of House of Mystery and House of Secrets, a “volume 2” for either is up in the air because DC has scaled back their BA Omnibus program though. Also, the BA collection of Swamp Thing is fantastic.

>He did warn us that he was going to take her into some territory no one has done with her before
True but i trust based Priest.

EC?

What other Horror does DC have?

Eerie Tales
classic Vampirella
I just found this cover when I was looking for a nice Eerie tales cover to post so I guess this. Like this cover

Attached: Terror Tales.jpg (600x819, 150K)

speaking of old covers. I would LOVE to find some old Weird Tales just for the Margarette Brundage covers. She had such a huge influence over the old pulp stories, that authors were noticing that writers started to write to her covers rather than the other way around. Robert E Howard said she was his favorite artist and he was influenced by her too, I'm guess she is how Dejah Thoris got her costume. She's also came up with the first popular (could be first ever) depiction of Conan it was her Husband but beefier.

Listened to a podcast on her, it was fascinating

Attached: Margaret Brundage.jpg (850x585, 160K)

You know what? I was tired and illiterate when I read that. I saw "Vol. 2" and just assumed it was the second run of Moon Knight rather than collecting the first series all together.

Which of these are still in print?

'Tis boring and not worth it. They changed Vampirella's costume again. You should only get it if you like the cover.

Attached: dumb.jpg (959x216, 156K)

>tfw you dropped $100+ on the Digital Manga Tezuka kickstarter years ago for 7+ new Tezuka books
>still hasn't been delivered, company nearly went bankrupt and has delivered nothing but empty promises for ages now

Fuck DMP and the brain-dead retards that run it

OwO

>Furfags

Disgusting

it's just a prank bro

Attached: ww.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

>finch ww
But why?

I liked the cover and I had nothing else of WW and didn't know how to start

bump

That might be the worst possible place to start, no offense. I'm not exaggerating.
New 52 Wonder Woman was almost written like an elseworld by Azzarello (and most art from Chiang) because it was able to avoid all the crossovers that plagued early New 52. That run is quite beloved.
Meredith and David Finch managed to ruin the conclusion of it in a couple issues, and turned Diana into a completely angry Xena expy. Meredith later ended up writing a Xena book, and she's taking over Savage Sword of Conan next month.
The 1980s reboot by Perez is a pretty good starting place too.

This, read the Perez run.

Is her best story done by Perez?

Is the rest of New 52 Wonder Woman at all similar to the WW team-up issues from New 52 Batwoman? Because I really enjoyed those.

Attached: RCO003.jpg (1600x1230, 663K)

>best story
I don't know about what would constitute the best story but it's definitely the best artwork, because Perez is really good.

What's a good way to display different sized floppies without slabbing them?
I've seen people here just lean them against the bookshelf, but I want to protect the floppy more if it falls.

The only time a Wonder Woman comic made me go “wow this is good writing” was Ruckas run (and I mean his first run, not his boring Rebirth run)

Actual issues please? I wouldn't mind reading this.

12, 13, 14, 16 and 17.

Thanks user. I'm struggling to find it though on Readcomics.

I just googled
>read batwoman 2011
and the first result seems to have them all.

Attached: RCO003.jpg (1600x1230, 788K)

Thanks again.

Ah, yeah, thank you for that. Turns out I had found them the cover for #12 just threw me off because I somehow missed the Wonder Woman silloutte on the bottom.

What'cha looking forward to /shelf/?

Attached: 1438378535529.jpg (1988x3056, 641K)

death

I was looking forward to the new Hitman collected editions but well... you know
also Emanon, LOEG Tempest and the new epics announced by Marvel of New mutants and Doctor Strange.

Is Action Comics #1000 any good?

It's just a collection of short stories. Honestly I was unimpressed with it but I just have the floppy.

It’s alright. Check out Superman 400 to see how a celebration issue is really done

cheers m8

What's the difference between Superman and Action Comics? I thought Action Comics was his title.

They’re two different books, both about Superman. Just like how Batman has Batman and he has Detective Comics

ASM omni 4
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe omni
Conan omnis

Deluxe Britannia HC
Cons De Fée: The Erotic Art of Wallace Wood

Attached: 1541441432590.png (1000x1254, 298K)

anyone still here?

New shit.

Attached: 15575271627592375628391846769405.jpg (2560x1440, 1.73M)

Shelf ( just the books) part 1

Attached: 15575273796933671193910143707709.jpg (2560x1440, 1.57M)

Pt 2

Attached: 15575274677362433835577958153278.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

Pt 3

Attached: 15575276329856183868198862621507.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

Pt 4

Attached: 15575277056104309689508336980011.jpg (2560x1440, 1.34M)

^
Bro put your shit in order.. it’s not funny anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=zg3H9kY7a1w

this was a treat to watch

EC = Entertaining Comics, although it is often shortened to “EC Comics” like DC Comics...redundant I know. They were basically the grand daddy of horror comics, everything you might think of when thinking classic horror was likely produced by EC Comics. Tales from the Crypt, Vault of Horror, Crime Suspense Stories, The Haunt of Fear, etc.

From that era or...ever?

Strange Adventures, Witching Hour, Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Secrets of Haunted House, Weird War Tales, GHOSTS, Night Force, Weird Mystery Tales, Unexpected, Black Magic, Doorway to Nightmare... I mean boatloads of them but I have no idea what (if any) are available. I mentioned the easier ones to procure in .

No worries, I figured it was something like that. The Epics and Masterworks have their own numbering and it often confuses new buyers.

Everything I mentioned in the earlier post is easily available in some form or another,

I remember someone talking about Eerie and Creepy comics. Do you know anything about that?

Oh, I knew I was forgetting something. Eerie, Creepy and Vampirella were magazine format horror comics published by Warren Publishing starting in the mid to late 60’s.

They circumvented the infamous comic code by publishing in magazine format and, thus, beat Marvel and DC to the punch.

Eerie and Creepy are available in hardcover restorations in an “Archives” format.

Are they any good?

Not the same guy but I collect the Vampi archives. They are fun and relatively simple comics. They also feature articles like a regular magazine. But ones tied to comics and are topical and on point. The quality is great as well.

neat

man, I wished I held off buying the softcover of Elegy, cause it has to be getting a deluxe edition to go with the tv show coming out

display? bag and board, just store (especially if they are odd sizes, a binder I guess. Or look at how TKO makes their floppy box sets

blowing my $80 credit at my LCS tomorrow, and seeing what free prize I won from the FCBD draw (they had a bunch of figures and comics in the draw, I'm hoping they had in store credit too)
meh, it's just a celebration of Superman. Some of the stuff celebrates him well, others not so well. Quite middle of the road over all unless you are a big Superman fan

Attached: Bam Bam thumbs.png (427x569, 364K)

based erotic poster, I'm pulling the trigger on this finally

Attached: I-Roved-Out.png (1160x1501, 2.22M)

is bag and board enough?

Start reading comics for free on pirates website and if you like them then probably buy them if YOU WANT. I’ve only bought about 15 comics so far and I’ve read a lot.

Decide whether you'd rather have a lot of paperbacks or a few really nice editions of your all-time faves. Obviously lots of comics are great, but for a newbie, I'd recommend an omnibus here, an artist's edition there, an Absolute Edition there again... you'll have a classy shelf in now time. (Or do both, don't let me stop you.)

Not long now!

Attached: Parable.jpg (911x306, 61K)

My Berserk HC shipped, so I'm looking forward to that shit.

Also waiting on an order from Midtown so I can add to my Camelot 3000 issues.

what ongoings are you lads following? post your lists, and give recs to those lists

big2
>Batman
>Bendis Superman/AC
>Green Lantern
>Fantastic Four
>Immortal Hulk
>Conan the Barbarian
>Avengers
>Venom
>Thor

non-big2
>Criminal
>Ice Cream Man
>Black Hammer
>Ascender
>Ragnarok
>Low
>Deadly Class
>Black Science
>Heavy Metal Magazine

I've ordered volume 4 through 7 but they haven't come in the mail yet.

Attached: Nexus.jpg (3901x2721, 1.33M)

Beasts of Burden volume 2, Usagi Saga 8, Art of James Stokoe, Fall of Deadworld vol 2.

>Priest Vampirella
>Russel Red Sonja
>Scooby Apocalypse
>Food Wars
>Beastars
>Reincarnated Slime
>Promised Neverland Chicken Run
I don't read many ongoings, most of the stuff I'm reading is back issues or completed trades.

>Batman
>Bendis
>Avengers

I read these online for free:
Inmortal Hulk (It's decent, not so good as people praised it)
ASM (Entertaining)
Daredevil (Strong start)
Uncanny X-Men (I know it's shit but I'm an x-fag)
Spider-Man Life Story (This could be a Spidey must read)

Terrifics (Now that Lemire is gone it might go to shit or be great)
Justice League Dark (honestly I like most of the roster involved especially Zatanna, it's gets preachy and too blocks-of-texts but the art is nice)

A walk through Hell (meh)
Faithless (ok)
Gideon Falls (I don't like Sorrentino's art(except for some page compositions) but the story is good, pacing is really slow)
The Fix (I hope it continues at least one more story-arc)
Umami (cooking adventure with cute characters, it's my favorite honestly)
Saga (I'm catching up, up to issue #20, it's midly entertaining but shock value and cringe dialogue-y gets on my nerves, Staples is doing a mediocre job, the art sucks ass)

Of all of these i would get Umami if its get released physically and Life Story if continues to be good.

You're meme arrowing Batman, Bendis, and Avengers but follow Tynion and Saga? fuckoutahere

Does the line up of JLD focus to much on Constantine and Batman?

I might drop Saga honestly, i just wanted to see what the buzz around it was.
JLD it's not THAT bad

I don't remember Batman showing up at all, John just appears for 9 or 10 pages

He was the main character in the movie

>i just wanted to see what the buzz around it was.
I think the buzz was that it was a comic that embodied everything socially progressive under the sun. It was one of the first geniune indie hits post-Walking Dead, and the character designs are truly creative. But fuck me is the writing lousy . It's the kind of dialogue you'd write when you were 13 and thought something sounded "badass" or "hella freakin' epic". Isn't the very first page of the comic the girl asking if she shit herself? There you go.

someone tl;dr me on Walking Dead comics. Are they as bad as the tv series?

I haven't actually read them but from what I understand they're good for the first 100 issues or so.

No. But there's still a pretty big dropoff in quality after Negan.

My Bill Ward book just came in.

Attached: Bill Ward.png (1255x1255, 2.99M)

Very nice use of shadow, how much did that run you?

Definitely the Lucifer omnibuses. I really hope that DC actually prints the whole run because Carey's Lucifer is one of my favorite comics but I don't own it physically.

Attached: image.jpg (258x387, 21K)

I haven't read any Lucifer yet, but I have read Sandman and Hellblazer. Is it close in subject matter or tone to either of those?

About $100. It's brand new except it's missing a band that wraps around it with the title on it.

I'd say closer to Sandman than Hellblazer--and rightfully so, since it's a spinoff of Sandman. Easily the best thing Mike Carey's ever done, and he really does Lucifer well. It's a worthy spinoff of Sandman.

I think Lucifer is superior to both of those. It's a grand, epic fantasy instead of a bunch of smaller shit that happens. It's closer to Sandman in that it features lots of different mythologies and pantheons involved in the various conflicts in it.
Top tier series and my favorite from Vertigo.

So just checking again (for a friend) if it has his femdom stuff in it?

Who are your favorite writers?

1. John Ostrander
The rest will have to fight it out among themselves.

based GANTZ

Currently working?

>Jeff Lemire
>Matt Kindt
>Rick Remender
>Ed Brubaker
>Grant Morrison
>Chip Zdarsky
>Al Ewing
>Jeff Loveness

Gaiman
Ordway
Robinson
Ostrander

>About $100
Is it that fucking big, or is it OOP by a while?

I'd say it's closer to Sandman but I liked Lucifer even better. Absolutes would be the best case scenario but I don't think we'll be that lucky.

It does but only a few sort sections.

Both actually. It's not my thickest book but it is certainly the biggest in dimensions. And it has been out of print for quite a while. A copy as good as mine would probably be $200+.

>femdom stuff
It's the sort of stuff you'd see in Playboy, women with more dominant and leading personalities, but not so much "lick my boot, worm".

whatre some good stories involving galactus as a main character? hard mode: books with low technobabble. im reading the infinity war, and holy shit, theres a ton of technobabble

Attached: galactus.jpg (716x1024, 255K)

Not true at all. It has straight up forced gender bending and bdsm. And that is just from a light flip through so far.

Hot damn

>but only a few sort sections
Well I'm passing on it then. I mean my friend is. Yes.

Silver Surfer Parable is all I got.

IW sucked

yeah im finding it to be overly complicated and convoluted.

would you recommend this amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Epic-Collection-Galactus/dp/130291331X/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3GO1SZFFTIPQW&keywords=galactus&qid=1557554273&s=gateway&sprefix=galac,aps,179&sr=8-5

>would you recommend Kirby's FF
Yes I would. Your mileage may vary.

ive read some parts of kirbys new gods and some of the dialogue is dated (where everything ends with an exclamation point and the dialogue tells you exactly whats happening on the panel!). so im assuming stans dialogue will be dated.

you either like old comics or you don't. no shame if you don't

>kirbys new gods
Kirby wrote that dialogue. In FF it was written by Stan Lee. Lee isn't as bad at it as Kirby but it's still a Silver Age comic. If you hate Silver Age comics you will not like it and you also have bad taste.

i enjoy silver age antics

Then Kirby's FF is what you need in your life.

recommended silver age marvel
>FF
>Thor
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Captain America
>Doctor Strange
>Nick Fury

Started collecting Lucifer last year. As I'm getting the Sandman Absolutes, I'd rather wish if they'd do the same for Lucifer instead of the Omnibus thing

hmmm...

yesterday was a very fine day indeed

Attached: 60119150_350092285644036_6286639743933349888_n.jpg (1560x2080, 185K)

The Metabarons sure looks amazing, but is it a good story as well?

I haven't read it yet desu, I will probably find one in the library. Too afraid I will damage this copy.

dark horse to finally continue with Moeb stuff
please let it happen

Stop fucking around and get the omnis.
instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/FANTASTIC-FOUR-OMNIBUS-HC-VOL-01-NEW-PTG/MAR180972

I found age writing a little rough at first, but it’s a style, and like all such things it fades into the background after awhile. Eventually I grew to like it, and honestly, when it gets especially clunky it makes me laugh. It’s part of the fun.

I need to take the dive into Ragnarok so I can keep up.

glad to see someone else on /shelf/ is reading Heavy Metal though.
also you, I like you just nice to know I'm not the only Vampi fan, also Red Sonja is good now

Attached: shelf mar19c.jpg (4555x2695, 2.47M)

>JLD it's not THAT bad
yes it is. Try to read that Detective chimp issue again. The entire thing is narration with
>The Chimp takes a sip
>The Detective takes another drink
it is seriously 6th grade writing, it's fucking TRASH

Attached: shelf mar19a.jpg (2988x3482, 1.9M)

Comics it would be David Mack, cause he is inspiring

Attached: shelf mar19b.jpg (2986x3604, 2.16M)

damn it, I need it then

Attached: shelf mar19d.jpg (4404x2727, 2.07M)

FUCK YES! I am assuming you had to buy it online to get it signed. was it lots?
yes, but only if you like old epic tales cause it reads very much in the style of those things like Gilgemesh and Odyssey.

Attached: shelf apr19 a.jpg (2988x4258, 2.01M)

Inspiring?

ya I knew I mashed together two dates of pictures, didn't realize it would be this messed up. Oh well. Time to reorganize again and take new pictures I guess

Also, sorry, I didn't realize we were this close to bump limit

yes, read Kabuki. everything after Circle of Blood is about finding out who you really are and following that, the end of the run is all about the power of writing and art. It is something that even Robin Williams would hand out to cast members he was on set with.

>Robin Williams
Color me interested.

actually, Jodorowsky was here at Prague's annual book festival

cool grandpa, he actually thanked me for signing my book

that's awesome. If I met him I wouldn't be able to contain a "Fuck Batman"

>thanked me for signing my book
The hell, that's so nice.

I'm thinking those library editions aren't easy to come by?

Dark Horse keeps them always in print cause they are considered "high art". And they are really cheep compared to a lot of oversized stuff. Warning though, they really fucked up Circle of Blood formatting. Hence I have both the Library edition and the original Circle of Blood. For some stupid reason they stretched the art to fit the new page size and it ruins it. the art uses perfect circles to tell the story throughout the story and skewing that ruins the entire thing. But I'm such a fan I had no problem buying it twice

>Dark Horse keeps them always in print
Then why is Amazon selling them for 200 bucks?

shit, that's new. They will be reprinted though unless Dark Horse goes under, which is sadly very likely

Maybe I'll just go with the trades?

just make sure you get Circle of Blood in the original formatting anyway, so yeah, the HC trade is the best way to get that one

Alrighty then. I'll grab volumes 1 and 2 with the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck next month.

stellar choices

Attached: you are good people.png (840x523, 412K)

Murder Falcon
I kind of want to read more series so I can justify going to my LCS instead of reading online.

Also the 8th volume of Ostrander's Suicide Squad. Don't think DC will manage to cancel it anymore at this point.

anything DWJ writes is worth picking up, the man writes from the heart and has the artistic chops to pull it off

Attached: murder falcon pitch.jpg (1987x3056, 1.58M)

/shelf/ got what any /shelf/ got

Attached: death.jpg (236x347, 27K)

first reply best reply
fuck this gay earth