How is Fables? One of the few "classics" I haven't read yet

How is Fables? One of the few "classics" I haven't read yet.

Attached: 71VVpcjEp9L.jpg (650x1000, 223K)

Starts out great, loses steam halfway through, and basically sputters in to a half-assed finale that only came because Willingham basically gave up and called it quits midway through.

Basically just read it until the first big conflict is over, then read until you get bored, because it never really gets to that level of quality again.

The premise and world are fun, has some great characters, but it doesn't make up for Willingham's mediocre writing and storytelling. He's a boring writer who wasted a neat idea..

Why doesn't Yea Forums talk about this when 90% of the non-movie threads are about comics getting ruined by politics and this is the best example in history of a great comic ruined by its creator's politics?

Don't (You) me, I secretly already know why

Did this comic have a single even mediocre artist its entire run or all awful?

Starts of strong, kind of falls apart after the Adversary arc ends. It doesn't really turn bad or anything, it just goes from pretty good to just kind of ok. Especially when the final arc meanders a lot until the very end where it's cut short abruptly.

A single mention of Israel didn't ruin the comic you sperg, the sub-par writing did.

Basically missed potential, the idea is really good but it gets mired in dumb superpower action bullshit and gets boring.

It started out with a great artist. Everyone else sucked ass.

not as good as they tell you,it gets boring pretty fast

Kinda depends for how long you read it. It was one of Vertigo's last big hits, for a good reason. I own the entire thing in hardcover, but it's generally agreed that you probably should stop once the war is over, although it's got couple of good stories after that, like Cubs in Toyland, which is super depressing but a great read.

man i couldnt get past the farm arc

can we all just sit down and admitt the wolf among us is a lot better?man too bad we are never going to see season 2

Attached: apps.8004.64565521137234771.d4fa27af-3a00-44af-9927-ce57a7066702.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

Yes, it is very good. Read up to #75 when the series ends.

first 75 or so issues are good.

Though I still dislike Bigby praising Isreali Terrorists

Probably will take shit from comic fans but I played the game first and the comic let me down. There was so much potential for it to be a cool noir story.

It becomes weaker when they beat the main bad guy. Then they're another arc with a dude that's weak to gold that's alright. Everything after that is shit. The whole series is full of unnecessary edgy shit I don't like. It's worth a read.

Cubs in toyland is what made me drop the series. That shit feels unnecessarily edgy and forced. Destiny bullshit always triggers me.

Don't worry, most fans of the comic agree that the latter half of the series gradually gets worse. The Telltale game did a better job on the course material by focussing on the noir rather than later parts of the comics when Bigby and Snow White have children which I couldn't really care for.

Attached: duchess_disappoint.jpg (356x374, 56K)

Basically what everyone's already said, the first large arc is very good, the rest is ok. I like how different characters become the protagonists throughout the series, it starts with Snow and Bigby, then Boy Blue and Ambrose, and Rose Red at the end. It's a pity her arc ended the series on a mediocre note, because she finally got strong character growth/interesting story at the end. Rose Red and Ambrose are probably the best characters, with honourable mentions to Charming, Boy Blue, Gepetto and Jack. IsJack's spinoff good? I only read the first hardcover re-release a while ago.

Jack's story gets just a little bit too meta for my liking in the later half

It's zionist propaganda.

A lotta crying, wailing, and victim venerating.
Not my cup of tea to be honest.

This. it was good until the end of the twelfth volume or so. Then it gets unfocused and hollow.

>Is Jack's spinoff good?

It's the best spin off, but other than that, it's very hit or miss depending on whether or not you like the different direction the book has from Fables.

>Character offhandedly mentions that Israelis take everything the world throws at them
>Never mentioned again
>Muslims, nazis and leftists autistically screech forevermore

But yeah OP. Keep reading until the first big arc is done. Then read until you get bored.

The politics star getting rammed down your throat the second arc tho