What did Marvel mean by this? This is basically a full-fledged assault on the Distinguished Competition

What did Marvel mean by this? This is basically a full-fledged assault on the Distinguished Competition

Attached: 7601A149-F5BE-426D-AEE9-7427E4F22A68.jpg (1041x1600, 568K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E5j4DIellR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marvel itself is similar to their characters. They are petty, small, fragile and very, very "brutal" (at least what they seem to believe is brutal).

DC isn't full of saints (Didio and Bendis), but deep down they are similar to some of their characters: stronger, bigger, willing to get dirty (ask Fawcett) and looks you in the eye as it beats the shit out of whatever truly edgy and brutal enemy they have.

Marvel is a fat nerd. DC is a chad.

Attached: 1482951646233.jpg (988x312, 81K)

God I hate company wars, how do you tards eat this stupid 'muh team' bullshit?

You do know this isn't the real Squadron, right?

Kind of true.

Attached: 1490836485959.png (1714x1076, 2.91M)

Namor looks like Lobo here

Attached: 1488218782267.png (831x544, 433K)

You can do this with Marvel actors too

Attached: 1483577888731.jpg (1080x1080, 73K)

>yfw Jason Mamoa alone is bigger than entire Marvel cast.

Too much so.y in your diet.

Capeshit is for mental midgets anyway, John Buscema was right and based.

Attached: 27579806_112324139553937_3704103602797674496_n.jpg (1080x1080, 2.03M)

>John Buscema
Who?

@107445271
No one you need to concern yourself with, my casual friend. Now run off back to your subreddit.

Attached: cringe default.jpg (486x341, 42K)

Remember that time Doctor Strange killed the Justice League and Namor blew up their Earth?

Attached: 14EA07BB-EEEF-4F0E-B4B9-622E55575161.jpg (1041x1600, 592K)

I want a Squadron that includes Skrullian Skymaster and Skylark

Go full DCAU

....is this an actual Marvel comic? And marvel fans dont find this kind of thing cringy?

It's the best look hes ever had

This looks like another Justice League analogue in a blood feud with Namor

- Great Society
- Squadron Supreme
- Black Panther
- New York
- Sometimes Doom
- Reed Richards

how can one fishman be so based?

Attached: 9flk9m[1].png (780x1087, 1.28M)

This is the cringiest post I've read all week, congratulations

Why did they replace Dr. Fate with Harry Potter?

I think one of the surviving Great Society members actually joined the Squadron and that’s why Namor was dead for a little bit.

I think he’s supposed to be a fusion of Doctor Fate and Timothy Hunter

Attached: 25BE01F0-269A-40C2-A23B-658C91EA8B41.jpg (524x792, 40K)

>”DC is like sooo obsessed with us
>So here’s our seventh JLA knock off team this Squadron Supreme...

Marvel, you have always and will always be the younger brother to DC and shit like this proves it.

616 alone has more Superman clones than Earth 0. Let that sink in.

This is the most based post I've read all week, Brabo sir.

....did they expect marvel fans to know who the fuck Timothy Hunter was?

Conan artist. He’s preddy good.

I know who he is, but then again I’m a huge vertigo fan as well

>this thread will most assuredly be filled with intellectual opinions on the subject matter.

Attached: A1AFA01C-C903-472A-87C7-A342A1552E75.jpg (540x720, 201K)

Probably not, but it doesn’t hurt. Either you think it’s Harry Potter or Timothy Hunter, either way, gets the point across

>Meanwhile in Multiversity, DC heroes travel to 616 and save them from the Gentry
>Then they recreate 616 after the heroes blow it up in JLA

DC is the big bro to Marvel who will clean up their mess and tuck them into bed after they tire out from their tantrum.

Dogfucker with that giant ass grin knowing that he's going to spoil Civil War 2 and going to DC to unjust himself will never get old.

>acting like books of magic is too obscure to be referenced in an purely visual way
Jesus Christ you retard.

>We made yet another team of DC parody characters to show how DC spends way to much time worrying about us, while we spend so little time worrying about them
Honest question tho when was the last time DC did something like this?

Hackman wanted to job out the greatest magical potential in the DCU.

Different situations I guess. They didn’t have to choose.

Well that would do it

Why not just a straight Dr. Fate clone? Most of the other characters from that group were parodying a single Justice Leaguer

Attached: fdd1793688dfa54f92256f45e73fa37c.jpg (1008x1440, 453K)

Squadron Supreme is used a lotttt more by Marvel than Angor is by DC.

Reminder that Marvel has always been the bigger copycat, even with things like New Age of Heroes. Their multiverse was literally copy pasted from DC.

I can’t claim to know what Hickman’s thinking was.

Why would the average MARVEL fanboy reading this comic be familiar with a DC Vertigo character?

He probably wanted some vertigo rep.
Should’ve put in some Fables expys desu.

Attached: super-teamfamily10.jpg (471x721, 161K)

....what even is this?

Because most people don’t just read from one company like drooling retards. In fact, most LCS sell books from more than two companies, and people read them because they like things more than they hate things.

Attached: AD29E715-503D-4748-8AB5-E8BC2247627E.jpg (1149x875, 282K)

Fuck me I totally forgot about the New Age characters. That would definitely have to he the most recent

That’s because the DC set aren’t fuck ups who place themselves in no-win situations. They also aren’t the kind to take the easy way out, scapegoat Bipolar Aquaman, literally give up afterwards until Reeds plot device daughter tells him to move his ass, and generally be useless as their multiverse dies.

They saved zero people during the Grear Society incident. Not a single person from the other world. When T’Challa asks not Superman to come with him after his teammate tentacle raped his teammates to death and doomed his world you really see how inhuman the Marvel guys are.

People say “Marvel are humans DC are gods” but that’s wrong. Marvel is monsters. DC is firefighters.

He wanted to do power level posturing:

Attached: b3030bf44e6c24647f79df8d10e22040.jpg (1806x2800, 970K)

Firefighters or policemen are pretty good analogues for DC heroes. Not sure what would make the best marvel analog

That’s because DC is capable of handling cosmic level threats a lot better than Marvel.

Just look at how so say, the Endless are treated compared to the big punching bags that are the abstracts. The DC multiverse is just put together stronger.

So fan made?

Attached: 445e78a6611198f1c0474e185c949e11eb74f7d35883eccc08e7d2a98a25d5eb_large.jpg (471x721, 129K)

Monsters and freaks. No seriously.

I guess “soldiers” or “militia” if you wanted to be nice about it. A lot of Marvel teams have a paramilitary bent. Especially X-Men and Avengers.

youtu.be/E5j4DIellR4

Holy crap that giant man costume

>d.c. is a Chad
>Chad's are popular
>d.c.uck btfo
> obviously delusional
It's ok user. You dont sound bitter at all

Attached: 1556724363127s.jpg (125x84, 2K)

Attached: sup4.jpg (400x621, 357K)

Honestly I'd read most of these

Me2

Attached: 4081f674aa38325f7a373be347df9cfd.jpg (600x917, 186K)

Bullshit, most Marvelfags have no knowledge of DC/Vertigo beyond some vague understanding of Swamp Thing or Sandman, they don't know anything about Tim Hunter.

I have a hard time understanding what Hickman was going for, was he saying that the Avengers are nowhere near as heroic as the Justice League and have lost their way or that the Justice League (or DC in general) is hopelessly naive.

God that was sad

Attached: 6F05CC51-C8AC-4DAA-8E3C-08AC8C5590FA.jpg (1041x1600, 471K)

Both probably

That's what I was thinking, even if the average marvel fan does pick up some DC books it's ludicrous to assume most of them are aware of the more obscure stuff the other company puts out

oh no playful parody and poking at the competition, whatever will they do? DC has done this many times and so has Marvel, it's almost to the point where some characters grew into their own, Hyperion, Sentry, Red Lion, Damage, and Deadpool being the biggest example

Attached: black-spider-young-justice-3.94.jpg (210x240, 8K)

Probably a mixture of both. The Avengers didn’t want to do it but were willing until the last second. The Great Society didn’t even consider it an option, and were willing to let both Earths die. It all fell to Namor, he knew it wasn’t right but still wanted at least some lives to live

Go outside, user I am begging this of you. Nobody acts like that in the real world

And why do you think one-company-only readers would be more familiar with Swamp Thing than any other DC mainstay?

Attached: D0AF15E0-8619-4A96-A69D-2E0A519CFA08.jpg (367x368, 31K)

Both. It’s not supposed to make anyone look good.

The picture does a crappy job of going with your statement, of all the rippoff characters hes done the least to come into his own. Also who is Red Lion?

Attached: Link_and_the_King_of_Red_Lions_Artwork.png (409x643, 260K)

Current DC character who’s sort of a copy of Black Panther

I feel what Hickman was going for was to truly establish that the Illuminati were facing a no-win scenario and that a blindly optimistic outlook (like the Justice League) was denying the horror of their situation.

Your absurd if you think every comic reader is fully aware of every obscure character from both companies

It's supposed to at least prove that DC has done the " full-fledged assault on the Distinguished Competition" since Black Spider in recent times died and got humiliated by Artemis and other Young Justice fodder.

Dude I've read as much DC as my attention span will allow and I've never heard of him.... does he show up more than once?

That’s not what I was saying you fucking moron.

He’s a deathstroke villain.

He's only been in Priests Deathstroke run

Young Justice goes way out of it's way to bring up obscure characters, including that one time DC made a shit-tier spiderman wannabe

Because it's Marvelfags who peddle the, "Marvel heroes are people trying to be gods, DC heroes are gods trying to be human" bullshit that doesn't apply if they actually read some DC or even Vertigo books. Who came up with, "DC characters are just powers with names"?

Then what are you saying genius?
I'll need to read it

He was in Priest's Deathstroke and his JLA.

I think Tommy did

I thought he loved DC?

I’m saying that company wars are only a prominent part of capeshit discussion online, irl the vast majority of people are ambivalent to both companies with the occasional preference one way or the other. There’s a reason people fervently want another Amalgam.

The Illuminati were willing to consider a fairly desperate plan in an effort to save at least one world rather than doom both. The Great Society had managed to delay previous incursions, but had no plans that could work beyond sacrificing other worlds to buy enough time to figure out a long term solution.

It's not about who is more heroic than the other, you could argue that trying to save at least one world is more noble than simply leaving everyone to die, but the implication of sacrificing other worlds for your own survival is super fucking iffy and practically villainous. On the same note, simply giving up and rolling over to allow everyone to die to sate some sense of morality comes off as naive and much less heroic when you realize you're damning an entire universe to die over the fate of a single planet.

I don't know bro, maybe it's because the justice league "DCs most popular team book" are always doing the most ludicrous shit like rebuilding the universe atom by atom, Seeing time in attoseconds, lifting infinity pounds, and other shit. Meanwhile the strongest thing an Avenger has done recently was maybe survive a building being toppled on them

Yes but he coined the phrase and then says Marvelfags did it to make them look bad.

People whose only exposure to DC was Superfriends.

Wtf? How in the world did you change the topic so much? The initial question was why the hell the average marvel reader should be expected to know who Timothy Hunter was. Literally nothing to do with company wars.

But it’s literally shown that Sungod was right. Everything lived.

I can’t remember, was the Great Society earth inhabited, or did they evacuate it somehow?

>you're damning an entire universe to die over the fate of a single planet.

Correction, two universes.

Tommy is a raging retard but he didn't coined the phrase, it's been around the internet for a while.

And I’m saying that “marvelfags” aren’t the main audience, simply “people who read comics”

>Hey bro sorry we started a fight at negotiations and wasted time we could have spent teleporting cities off world and tentacle raped your friends to death before your eyes wanna come home with us?

JESUS CHRIST TCHALLA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

How? The Ultimate Universe kinda did the same thing

Can’t wait for Black Panther 2, heard they’re murdering DCEU Superman’s mom and Lois and offering him a frogurt coupon

He’s trying to do Busiek commentary while puffing up his “muh lifeboats hard men who make hard choices” fetish and it comes off as indecisive.

It’s hard to say the Illuminati “had no choice” when everything was a consequence of a series of bad choices they made (and continued to make them later).

It tries to be even handed but comes off as extemely mannered if you read between the lines.

'Average marvel reader' seems fallacious. Do you only read books from one company? Are there only people who read DC and thus would not know Wundarr the Aquarian? Ignorance of Tim Hunter is more likely a function of not being 30 than company wars autism.

Well, humans ARE monsters.

>we have no choice but to genocide your planet NAMOR THROW YOUR SPEAR KILL BATMAN NOWWWW.

They had many more options. If you wanted to preserve the Armageddon flavor of the situation have the bomb be set on a timer for one of the Earths at random and get to evacuating as many as possible off Earths before the bomb blows.

Literally anything would have been better than “100 percent DC genocide no survivors!”

>not turning the S into a 5

Fully inhabited.

Illuminati literally threw an entire other Earth under a bus and failed to save a single other person from the this Earth.

Teleporting a city to your terraformed Mars—that’s too hard. What do you want plot devices? This ain’t your cushy silver age comics. This is real people. Hard men make hard decisions. This is fucking triage.

So Reed has the world killing bomb he made in a few seconds...

Hackman gonna Hack.

That's just an embarrassing thing to say

You're insane

>strange had to sell EVEN MORE of his soul for an otherworldly horror to kill off the league after namor instigated a fight and easily put the illuminati as the antagonists and sun god knocked out half their team in one shot

Black Bolt saved Dr. Spectrum

I think he actually ended up selling all of it

You think Sungod's ethics or morals would have allowed for the sort of solution that Doom employed?

>DC is firefighters.
Especially when you have several heroes that actually killed or attempted to kill the universe before. Captain Atom, a hero killed a universe and multiple heroes. Barry, a hero that killed 2 universes when had a temper tantrum. Wally. a hero that recently killed multiple heroes and several innocent kids. Hal Jordan, a hero that attempted to kill the universe. Batman, a hero that allowed a multiverse of evil to invade his universe and almost led to it being destroyed. What model heroes they are.

Attached: captain atom - what are you thinking.jpg (244x431, 34K)

Bautista could pluck Momoa's arms off and stuff them up Cavill's ass.

Kill yourself tommy

Stay mad DCuck. Based DiDio has made Dc a poor man's marvel and nothing will change that

Tommy stop posting the same autistic shit over and over again.And stop samefagging too

I didnt know firefighters lobotomize people. Jeez the things you find out

>imagine you cant actually understand a comicbook

And what's the problem? At least it's not shitty as dc trying to copycat marvel heroes and coming up with the new age of heroes. Dc cant even shot proper fires at marvel

I know i dont have to fall for the autistic bait but reminder that the justice league has always committed huge crimes and their morality was even questioned by the freakin catman and now they appear as poor man's avengers and as losers to the general audience.

Bump

The very first Squadron wasn't "the real Squadron" either, so I think that kind of invalidates the concept.

Based

Dogfucker getting unJUSTed was unbelievable

Notice how it's always Marvel making dumb potshots at DC in their comics these days? Sounds a bit insecure if you ask me.

Fuck off tommy with this autistic bait and kys

What hack is writing this crap?

And how long before he ends up in DC, pretending to be the biggest DC fan ever?

>biggest fan of dc
There is no such a thing

PREACH

Attached: Marvirgin and DChad.png (2518x1024, 237K)

>marvel fans
They don't exist anymore, user. They left along with based Jim Shooter.

As shown in Ultimates nothing actually dies. Old multiverses carry on as palimpsests of themselves.

Reality would have rejected and overcame the Beyonders on its own. Doom just caused a lot of extra pain for everyone.

>Atom
>Hero
AHAHAHAHA no.

>Flashpoint
Retconned to being the fault of Pandora and then Dr. Blue Dick.

>Hal
Retconned into being a yellow fear monster.

>Metal
He was tricked into opening the door by a multiverse level god.

Meanwhile the Marvel set constantly turn on each other like mean vicious little animals in a cage and their go-to solution for multiverse level threats is to commit genocide and then give up.

>Oh no they mindwiped Dr. Rape Rape and mindwiped Batman when he was about to chimp out about it.

Oh how horrible.

It doesn't measure up to 1/100th the moral bullshit Marvel "heroes" get away with just from the Civil Wars alone.

I just want to know what he's thinking trying to make a point that they don't think about DC at all and DC is trying to be more like Marvel on a story about the 12th incarnation of Squadron Supreme.

It's actually brilliant if he's being ironic.

Yikes. Dc is fascist

>their go-to solution for multiverse level threats is to commit genocide and then give up.

You get 8 hours and then two universes are destroyed. Or you can stop it by destroying one single planet.

Go!

You know somehing funny? The supreme beings of DC and Mahvel are diametrically the opposite in superdickery. Say what you like about TOAA, but between

>stopped to chat with the F4 and briefly gave Ben Grimm his meat parts back
>helped institute a new LT after he old one done got blown up
>only weapon is love

unless I’m missing something big, he’s a prtty nicee guy.

Meanwhile the Presence has at various points: Implicitly approved the rape of the Virgin Mary by Gabriel since Gabriel doesn’t do shit without wanting to feel he’s in the big P’s good graces, condemend the multiverse to near total destruction because he wanted to experience uncertainty for funsies, annihiliated Lilith after basically creating her to fail and told Michael Demiurgos he was a disappointment for not being more like Lucifer, by the First of the Fallen’s own account (and he had no reason to lie at the time, he thought Constantine was screwed) he was cast out because he caught Jesus masturbating and if we’re counting Death of the New Gods because of Hypertime rules in his aspect as the Source he is directly responsible for the death of the New Gods.

One God owns a literal House of Ideas on Rhode Island where the light of hope generates heroes, and it’s irrelevant in the dysfunctional squabbles of the multiverse and now he himself has come under threat from Thanos. The other doesn’t really give a shit about anyone in his cosmos apart from Michael and Lucifer, and gets to claim credit for the Superman Thought Robot and every single good dream by technicality. How is that fair?

Wow these seem like they should have happened already, the BG and Wasp one especially

People falling for this bait/companywars shit are more retarded than the people who began this thread

Not him but:
In 3 hours, I invent a inter-dimensional planetary teleport which teleports that other planet Earth to safety in our universe while their universe which is still teeming with life still dies. But hey, we saved the people of Earth and that all that counts.

That post so retarded that it legitmately makes me think that you're either autistic or in drugs

It's tommy. Leave him alone

Superman had a few minutes and solved it like a champ.

Marvelets on suicide watch.

After Great Society they literally tapped out and let Namor and Thanos murder fuck all the other incursion worlds. They shut their eyes and did jack-all like real "heroes."

>OP as fuck supervillains quickly fuck over our Earth because we don't have anything to directly counter them

One Earth has to be destroyed or both universes go kablooey.

Try again.

>just vibrate hard enough to move two poanets apart lmao
If everything is vibes and wavelengths in DC doesn’t that mean Cisco Ramon is the strongeest character in the Arrowverse?

>Have access to dimension level magic and time travel
>Save exactly 0 people from the other Earth and then allow Thanos' friends to gangbang all the other Earths why you get drunk and cry.

So planet killing bomb and Cthulhu are okay plot wise but teleporting people to Tony's terraformed Mars would be an asspull?

Hackmanfags are scum.

Vibrations have always been and always will be the ultimate power in DC.

Attached: Zatanna Music.jpg (960x1455, 305K)

>Captain America burns out the IG separating two planets about to collide and destroy two universes.

>Superman shakes really hard and separates two planets that threatened the entire omniverse

Sit down.

Be humble.

Get Dialed

Attached: DIALS.jpg (592x1060, 396K)

I guess to push the whole "your power relies on a magical artifact rather than yourself" he thought it worked better with a kid than an adult.

Well that’s just dumb, I don’t think Strange had made his own artifacts before Waid’s run.

This.

Attached: 20190507_211229.jpg (260x332, 42K)

Stop samefagging and have sex

WAIT is this implying the fat blonde and the thin blonde are the same woman? who is she?

Well, you are right. Marvel comics is the insecure fat nerd bully that you find in the pc room.

That the problem with Hickman, he wants to be Morrison but he is not willing to go all out with the silver age wackiness in many situations that doesn't involve his pet Doom.