What are Yea Forums's thoughts on this movie? I just watched it for the first time in 10+ years

What are Yea Forums's thoughts on this movie? I just watched it for the first time in 10+ years.

Attached: 220px-Robots2005Poster.jpg (220x326, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nNg3w0Wj4BI
youtube.com/watch?v=Xo8ykwFxVL0
youtube.com/watch?v=zh7sWuJ0na8&t=190s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love it personally
It and the first Ice Age make me feel disappointed that Blue Sky didn’t continue the more “gritty”, adult alternative to Pixar or even Dreamworks

Kino. Too bad Blue Sky is focussed on shitting out Ice Age sequels.

If nothing else, it holds up pretty well visually.

Easily one of the best movies in terms of visuals and concepts. I feel like it's visuals haven't really aged that much ever since it was released over a decade ago, still holds quite well even up to the latest movies.

Though, I just love that the whole movie has a heavy focus on retrofuturism and the heavy incorporation of machine elements/parts into it's general world. I really wish that more movies would do this more often, especially with that whole "robots instead of humans" part. Hell, I would like to see a sequel of Robots just to see this particular concept pop up again once more again

Attached: 1534220650280.gif (287x216, 914K)

The pacing is dogshit, the story is weird, and the jokes are really hit or miss, but the cinematography and visuals are unironically kino.
>watched it stoned

Attached: Screenshot (378).png (1144x604, 759K)

I think it's hilarious that Disney now owns a movie that was basically a commentary on Michael Eisner's downfall.

Had one of the best licensed games ever made

I like the movie alot, though some parts haven't aged well. Mostly the toilet humor. But Robin Williams is great in the Party Entry scene with him and Rodney pretending to be royalty. He also becomes a transgender near the end and kills a bunch of mooks via a Britney Spears song and dance. Amanda Bynes is the pig tail yellow robot, back in her cute non crazy days. Also Bigweld became a meme I guess.

Attached: Someone had to.jpg (300x168, 6K)

I only care for the soundtrack to the GBA game

my nigga
youtu.be/nNg3w0Wj4BI

THERE'S A WORLD GOING ON UNDERGROUND

I'M

GONNA

BE

It’s a classic

KING

There's a world
Going on
Underground

A

DAAAD!!!

I remember liking it a lot

visually it's still pretty good looking, the writing is overall fairly average at best though

ever played American McGee's Scrapland?

Attached: 1532294278801.png (323x503, 127K)

the fuck, why is this so good

youtube.com/watch?v=Xo8ykwFxVL0

is it meant to sound like the film soundtrack or did he do his own thing?

Attached: 1539480475619.gif (336x233, 10K)

It's alright, but I wish it went more in the direction shown in these deleted scenes (specifically at around 3:05). Felt like it played up character dynamics much more, where in the actual movie, they're clearly banking on Robin Williams.
youtube.com/watch?v=zh7sWuJ0na8&t=190s

The definition of mediocre. Not even the presence of Williams elevates it much. Halle Berry's character was a personality-less waste.

Eat my UPGRADEd ass.

Mel Brooks was great as BigWeld.
RIP

Mel Brooks is still alive mate

Still a big favorite of mine, despite its numerous flaws. Blows my mind the only movie ever made with both robin williams and mel brooks is fucking Robots, but here we are

>Big anime eyes
>Brap jokes
>Plot about jews
its a Yea Forums movie for sure

Soundtrack was grand.

Maybe now with Blu Sky under Disney we can get a sequel?

I loved it as a kid. Shame Blue Sky never returned to the property.

THAT FACE

Attached: WHAT IS THIS FACE.png (220x357, 87K)

People say that every time someone brings up an early 00s CGI movie and it's never true.