The best one of the classic ones

Attached: images (7).jpg (185x148, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tveO2nRSk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_You_Believe_It!
youtube.com/watch?v=_FyJyurljoM
youtube.com/watch?v=VNttqN1wUMY
youtube.com/watch?v=NH2w9avwCco
youtu.be/QcmAr65YhzE
youtube.com/watch?v=z2_dhUv_CrI
youtube.com/watch?v=GCt_EWNGk0c
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkdE6RYO_hs
enotes.com/homework-help/who-calpumia-what-her-palce-finch-household-113271
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Tom_and_Jerry_Show_(2014_TV_series)_episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not Mice Follies

>Mice Follies when Trap Happy exists

You are all wrong and retarded

Attached: serveimage.jpg (700x571, 149K)

Not my favorite (where my Quiet Please bros at?) but that into is some smooth ass shit. Tom was 90%of this series.

"The Zoot Cat" was hep. Hep to the jive, baby.

Attached: zoot cat.jpg (708x561, 113K)

I liked the second white Jerry episode where Tom paints himself white at the end and finally wins against Jerry

Literally me

They got much better about balancing the victories between the two in the 50's

There's an embarrassing lack of Mouse Trouble in this thread

>Not The Cat Concerto

Attached: 9584163.jpg (600x840, 149K)

You just can't help yourself?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So many to choose from...With my current mood I may opt for Heavenly Puss of Blue Cat Blues. Dig them really stepping out of the ordinary story-wise.

Here to set facts

Attached: tumblr_m2ponevDiu1qcwpp9o3_500.gif (500x200, 824K)

I've loved Tom and Jerry from me being a kid into being an adult now lol! It never failed me to laugh and I watch it together with my kid. It would be good to have Tom & Jerry collectibles similar to what this crypto collectible project is which is called Ecomi. It also offers AR + a hardware wallet where you can store your collections. I would personally love to have Tom & Jerry in my list!

Does anyone know where some of the later HD restorations ended up? The first 37 got a great Blu-ray release but the second volume got cancelled at the last minute because of controversy surrounding the distributor's intention to leave out controversial shorts. Apparently some have shown up on streaming services?

That whole episode is a riot.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tveO2nRSk

It's my understanding that Boomerang (the streaming service) goes out of its way to use the restored versions of Warner and MGM cartoons, so if they're anywhere, there is a safe bet. Maybe only one, don't think T&J is streaming anywhere else...

Still can't believe everything was ready to go only to back down at hour 24. Only hope nowadays is that the latest Popeye Blu Ray did well enough to make them reconsider.

Attached: tumblr_pqvxtx1vFJ1s92nono1_1280.jpg (1280x1531, 212K)

I don't really have high hopes, BD releases of old theatrical shorts have always been spotty. Honestly just glad we got the non-censored T&J and WB stuff we did before the higher ups got cold feet about the blackface gags. Here's hoping they at least scanned all the film at 4K+ before it gets burned up in a nitrate film fire down the line, maybe some future executive cares about this stuff.

Was it DON'T YOU BE LEAVING or DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN? Because both sound pretty similar.

Close enough with the latter guess:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_You_Believe_It!

Froggy went-a courtin’ he did ride
cc-c-cc-ccc-c-c-cc-cc-c-cc-cccc-c-c-c-cc-c-cc-c-c-cc-c-ccc-c-cc-cc-cc-ccc-c-c-c-c-cc-c-c-crambooooone.

Heh. So I was right that it was closer to the latter.

This cracks me up merely reading it. Holy hell I can't pick a single favorite short but this one has to be on the top 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=_FyJyurljoM

Losing it at the lyrics that some saint took the trouble to write down in their entirety:

>Gotta rehearse my song hih...Whooooooooooah...Wot dot doodle datta deeda doodle yeeda doodle leeda aha oha eha ahhhhhhhh.... eh hah That's kinda pretty fore we get started ain't it??? Ohhh Froggie went a Ce Ce Ce Ce courtin he did ride C C eh C Cramboooo froggie went a C C Courtin he did ride C C eh mm uh C C C C Crambooo...froggie went a C C Courtin he did riiide sword an uh an uh an uh revolver by his side C C C C Crambooo....Crambo killed ahlalarah le roll low low suh sss sloppa doody yellow bug tooda lada dee dee uh tooda lada dee ck ck ck that's the hard part right in there mini nephew ha ha eh Crambo killed ahlalarow low sloppa doody yellow bug tooda lada didee cummaropitopabotimeh C C C C Crambooo ahhhlee yodaleh heeeeeeh huuh rmrmrmrm and the yodel goes right in there somewhere but it's a little too high for me rrmrmrm ohhh where would da wittle weddin supper bee C C eh C C C Uh C Crambooo where would da wittle weddin supper bee C C MM C C Eh C C Crambooo where would da wittle weddin supper bee way down yonder in da hicka nunde in da hicka nunde in da wo wo in eh eh cotton wo ck eh in da eucaleptis tree Crambooooo... Crambo killed alalarah reh lo oh row sssullloppa doody yellow bug too d d that's that hard part again right in there hah huh Cram.. sloppa doody yellow bug tooda lada didee cummaropitopabotimeh C C Crambooooo...

I love Gone fishing (mainly because it has best music - animation fit with is just VERY satyfying to watch and Dupli-cat for being hilarious and that catchy tune when they roll dynamite.

THIS!!!! I loved it

GOAT

Based

>lol

Kitty Foiled is T&J mayhem at its purest.

>Tumblr gif

Tom and Jerry is the greatest cartoon ever made

excellent taste

Let's not get carried away.

Trust me, it is

>Mamãe Eu Quero

Attached: 20190508121336.png (2560x1440, 1.15M)

>Uncropped borders

Shut up and tell us your fave

Mine has to be the one where Jerry's cousin comes visit. Especially after the top tier Jojo parody from last month

I know someone who got a foot fetish after that episode. Because Tom drops on his knees and keeps kissing Jerry's cousin feet / paws.

heh-heh-heh

THASS' MY BOYY

Out of all the episodes to get a fetish from...
At least he's got a rather mainstream one

Attached: 2005D35A-9FF2-4251-8F3C-5694F00DD835.jpg (284x177, 11K)

>of the classic ones
As if the other eras mattered.

The Gene Deitch shorts are nice oddities and the Chuck Jones shorts are fun. It is a far cry from the DTV shit we have.

does anyone know where i could watch the classic episodes, youtube is full of crappy part divided episodes

What are the odds!? Just this morning I found out this existed and now you put an image here. Is it really as similar to T&J as said?

It has more in common with the Road Runner & Coyote. Less slapstick but more visual gags.

This forever

Thanks for the answer, I'm curious enough still to check at least one of those...

youtube.com/watch?v=VNttqN1wUMY

You are all fucking smalltime.

Hey when I want brilliant WTF I talk Fleischer shit sure, when I want laughs though Tom and Jerry, early Popeye and Looney Tunes can't be beat.

Oh, you wanna laugh?

youtube.com/watch?v=NH2w9avwCco

Attached: cuphead just right.png (1280x640, 216K)

I kept hearing "DONG DOO DEE DEE MAN".

Posting this vileness in a classic T&J thread oughtta be ban worthy

Watching old black and white cartoons is always a trip for me when I remember that jazz was seen as the "devil's music" at the time. Its inclusion in these cartoons is like putting death metal as the background music for a cartoon in the modern context.

Mostly the musical ones. Shit like Cat Concerto or The Hollywood Bowl. Violence and classical scores are an amazing combo

My most favourite episode is the ice kitchen one for the sheer idea. Oh and the disco lights are lovely.

It's funny how one of the most iconic goes out of it's way to subvert usual T&J. Lots of dialogue and the titular characters don't even hurt each other through the short, hell the ending implies they live in total peace!

Shame they never gave Tom a solo like Jerry with Mouse in Manhattan. The Flying Sorceress is as close as it got but that cat had potential for more.

Mouse in Manhattan is too sad and scary.

"Baby Puss" and "The Zoot Cat" are both top tier T&J shorts.

Johann Mouse is my absolute favourite. Their take on the music is incredible.

Maybe the classiest short of them all

>Not The Night Before Christmas

is a meme?

Attached: 1547976221279.gif (800x550, 1.11M)

That's a sweet one.
Sweetness in the Hannah Barbera era works because of how rarely it is used.

It takes like another 30 shorts for the next sweet ending to occur

You call that a meme?

one pull nigga
youtu.be/QcmAr65YhzE

Attached: game so cold.jpg (720x720, 199K)

I'd gladly watch this gentleman's reactions to every other short

How the fuck did you get this picture of me?

brooooooo
This may not be your favorite short but that scene is a series Top 5

Speaking of Tom and Jerry does anyone have a Mega for it?

seconding
bonus points if its the restored versions

Cracking the fuck up need to watch this again

"nice oddities"
In all fairness a couple of those are just undeniably godawful, pretty much all of those with the abusive owner are so misguided with their "comedy", especially hilarious from the man who accused the Hannah Barberas of being senseless violence.

Those shorts kind of remind me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=z2_dhUv_CrI

If I recall correctly it was the 38th short, Mouse Cleaning that was a point of contention because of the extended blackface gag. That one was excluded from a lot of DVD releases so people understandably got upset when it was being excluded again.

>Worker & Parasite official shorts never ever

Always thought of it as a direct jab

Here you go lads, in base 64:
aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyNGIXJSbEZXU2FDIUtlbmdZczZ5ZzJBY0VWVkVsOWV5NGc=

1-37 are in HD, rest are in SD. The Deitch/Jones shorts have a watermark at the beginning, sorry about that.

Attached: screenshot.png (1488x1080, 1.9M)

I never knew I wanted something so much

Jasper > Tom

The episode where Tom fucking dies

I always wondered why they kept changing him during the HB days. Why so blue?

Attached: 1511710573373.png (1434x557, 409K)

Here's Jerry for good measure.

Attached: 1511717979913.png (4000x1395, 661K)

Prussian Blue Tom is my favorite.

Definitely the most classical.

Attached: 1485648802973.png (201x306, 134K)

1945 with those classy as fuck whiskers might just be my favourite.

Thank you greatly fine gent/lady

Mouse in Manhattan

Attached: nguVHb.gif (320x180, 1.22M)

or Heavenly Puss

Attached: sq.jpg (960x720, 54K)

This and Carmen Get It were always my favorites

Attached: 1550373402042.jpg (500x377, 19K)

One of Tom's best "performances" and that's saying. What fucking geniuses of body language were these cartoons.

I vote this as the absolutely funniest moment in all of the T&J cartoons

Attached: TEE FOR TWO.png (711x540, 640K)

I'm inclined to agree. That whole cartoon is slapstick at its finest. The beginning shot with all the destroyed clubs/environment is great already.

Fuck WB for pussying out on this.(no pun intended)

Attached: 27496_back.jpg (1187x1500, 466K)

Supposedly it was one of the Warner higher-ups that forced Mouse Cleaning and Casanova Cat off all the recent sets.

Why does T&J have such a tough time getting the full, uncensored library of cartoons out when Looney Tunes had almost no problems? Is this so they can be sold in the Kids' DVD sections at Wal-Mart? (even though it says, plain as day, "intended for the adult collector")

I also wonder why the black stereotypes in those two cartoons are more egregious than the Oriental, Native American, and other black stereotypes that Warner (very reluctantly) let through in the other sets?

They fear that no matter what warnings they put in the cover, soccer moms and dads will put them through the wringer because at the end of the day it's still Tom and Jerry and your average Joe and Jane think they're kiddie fare and oughtta have kiddie-safe content.

Toppest of episodes
>The Vanishing Duck
>Jerry and the Lion
>Saturday Evening Puss
>The Dog House

Attached: Tom and Jerry - 050 - Jerry and the Lion [1950].avi_snapshot_05.31_[2019.05.09_19.02.59].jpg (720x524, 46K)

I've noticed the restored versions on the Boomerang channel too! They've also un-deleted previously cut gags from "Kitty Foiled" and "Little Runaway".

Seems like someone high up got personally offended by this gag. Volume 1 sidestepped this short by stopping at 37, which meant Volume 2 would have had to start with Mouse Cleaning. Thankfully this whole controversy didn't flare up yet in my country while I was watching T&J on TV as a kid.

As for Looney Tunes, there's obviously the censored 11 but a lot of other controversial shorts like "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" are only available on really old laserdisc releases. T&J had a great thing going with the Blu-rays being chronological, trying to find all Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes is an absolute clusterfuck.(although thankfully the HQ project exists, even if it ain't perfect)

Attached: Mouse Cleaning.png (720x526, 504K)

45' Jerry with 55' Tom. Also, the intro and Jerry might be the only things I like about Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry.

You don't like those shorts with the robot Cat and robot Mouse?

Reminder that Tom & Jerry missed out on being in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Attached: 1532435108621.jpg (749x694, 59K)

Still insane to me they'd rather not release the set at all and give up on every sale than either omit the two offending shorts or release them edited out.
(Not saying I'd like either of those options but its baffling from their own perspective. Purists could then ask for replacement discs and everyone would be happy)

People started review bombing some of the listings on sites like Amazon, which caused WB to cancel the whole thing. They previously mentioned that they were restoring the original negative for Mouse Cleaning prior to releasing Volume One so them backing out pissed off a lot of people.

Oh well. The new Popeye Blu ray release features a completely unedited cannibal themed short that's worse than anything in T&J (including it's own cannibal cartoon!) so maybe juuuuust maybe there might be hope still.

>including it's own cannibal cartoon

*including its own cannibal cartoon

Attached: 648E61A4-C3D2-485A-9014-B12270A36F71.jpg (581x643, 246K)

Why did this gigantic pile of autism revolve around ridiculous suits when the only real JoJo characters than have them are Will Zeppeli and Yoshikage Kira.

Surface level of the property derived from misguided memes more than the source material

I actually like Jones' entries overall but those robot ones I'd call a weak link in the series. I think the opera one is agreed to be the best

It's still iconic.

This is the best goddamn thing in the internet.
youtube.com/watch?v=GCt_EWNGk0c

Fucking hated that old rat bastard

Didn't have gif of the smoking cat at hand

Attached: 1493726109524.gif (350x263, 1.05M)

Who doesn't?

The one where Tom is kicked out of the house and Jerry misses him enough to help him back. It shouldn't work (it's the only one where they have dialogue all through the short) but damn it's hilarious. Especially the inevitable backstabbing at the end.

>it's the only one where they have dialogue all through the short

[citation needed]

What others are there within the original run? They may talk in others but in the one I mentioned they have various instances of conversation.

I love how they both commited suicide in the final episode

The Dancing Bear is underrated

>Not The Dancing Seal

People love to believe this is true for the pure edge of it, don't they

Can't deny. Premise is so stupid and silly in the best way.

What do you think?

What short is this?

Really? That's weird. MGM allowed Droppy to show up but not their biggest stars?

Oh god, childhood memories of watching this at my grandparents are flaring up

One of these days he'll nail that hard part.

No one has mentioned the one where the two team up against Mammy's new cat? Always loved that one.

Also Mammy was legit cool. I really liked her. Took no shit and owned the freaking place. Not an American so I always knew her dubbed in Spanish and saw no racist undertones. How do you English speaking fellows like her?

A different part of the contract during the Turner sellout, maybe?

58 Jerry looks innacurate.

Must have picked him from a very unflattering frame

Tom and Jerry was never funny, not even as a kid did I like slapstick after slapstick "humor"

Attached: 1513578676228.jpg (600x477, 349K)

This might be a drive-by trollpost, but actually, it's funny...As a kid I liked watching these because they kept me entertained but I very rarely laughed at the slapstick.
Nowadays though? I find it absolutely hysterical.

They still make T&J besides the occasional flick like the Willy Wonka one?

>thread's been going for two days and no mention of Bowling Alley Cat

I admit I have shit taste, but come on

Attached: 272cada1-e465-46fb-ae0d-e0dbaea89c8e[1].png (557x376, 315K)

I found only shitty userpic from LJ.

What about most early episodes (Puss Gets Boot, Midnight Snack, Bowling Alley Cat etc).

This episode is hilarious.

Attached: 368591_original.gif (100x100, 38K)

"Bow, bow wow"

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-062442_YouTube.jpg (1885x1296, 491K)

Sup Yea Forums just swinging by to say
FIIIIGAROOOOO
FIGAROOOOOO

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Best Jones'

45 Jerry and 50 Tom is best combination prove me wrong

Dead on the money.

The early episodes have their charms but I don't know that I'd call them the best. They're definitely quality stuff but the pacing and hilarity is not quite on the level of what would follow.

Yeah, last series started back in 2014 and might be ongoing at that. Plus there's the upcoming live action animated hybrid film.

Fuck, I'm losing it just reading that.

IN ME POWER

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkdE6RYO_hs

Very difficult choice. I cant think of a single one I don't like.

Not even the Gene Deitch shorts?

Ah well the thread says classic ones. Even then the only Deitch ones I'd call downright awful are those with the asshole owner who thrives on beating up Tom.

What do you mean?

HA, would have been perfect if it had shortly afterwards ran away in panic

Talks like a black maid in the uncut shorts. Now she sounds like a black woman with no accent. When my parents and grandparents grew up having a black maid was common for even working class families. The maid was not your servant, but a woman you paid to help around the house with cooking and cleaning. Think of Calpernia from To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Dutch here, if I recall correctly we got the shorts on TV in English, at least when I watched them. They weren't actively censoring them yet. At the time I just interpreted her as the owner of the house, and was my favorite of Tom's owners.

Ironically, by censoring characters like this they are effectively erasing the work of early black actors and actresses.

Attached: Lillian_Randolph_Beulah_Radio_1952.jpg (436x494, 54K)

IM DANCIN
IM DANCIN

>Calpernia

enotes.com/homework-help/who-calpumia-what-her-palce-finch-household-113271

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Tom_and_Jerry_Show_(2014_TV_series)_episodes

Still ongoing but new episodes are left to watch on demand.

Yeah, is there anyone who doesn't think Mammy was the best of Tom's owners?

I thought she WAS the owner of the house. Then again, I'm not American so all that stuff might have just flown over me.

Early on nothing indicates she is, in later shorts it is very clear she owns the place.

I have yet to meet anyone, even those who make a point of mentioning her controversial elements still like her