NOVA

The Time has Come!
mcucosmic.com/2019/05/07/rumor-development-on-nova-has-begun/

Attached: BkWVdiqIZn3dqPcTS_MhsAPwQfXcQki6pdtSxn5tY7C7By.jpg (1940x1090, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-richard-rider-nova-james-gunn/
youtube.com/watch?v=DkPL1MT7g80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Time for best boy, just in time for Kamala & Miles too!

Attached: best boy.jpg (1280x1707, 377K)

God I hope it's Sam. The dickrage would be glorious.

SOON

Attached: mauro-misiewicz-mauromisiewicz-nova-01.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Lets teach to DCousins how to make a proper gl movie

It's probably going to be Sam. It'll lay some of the ground work for that Champions movie.

YEEEEEEEAH BOIIIIIII

Attached: Nova.png (750x440, 528K)

>four posts in

hope this is true

>tfw Annihilus all but confirmed at this point
GET HYPE BOYS

Attached: annih.jpg (2560x1931, 772K)

>Rumor
I want to believe

>old and busted
Never ever.

Bro, you start out with Dick Rider to pass the torch to Sam at the end of the saga. This is pretty easy

You also don't have to make him a full adult, he can be like 20 or something.

Dick Ryder killing Captain Fungus

Attached: 6CFD5553-60D4-4702-9042-F4D89C4C9DE9.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Must be why he's Nova right now and Sam isn't

Fun teamup movie where Carol mentors Sam in being a cosmic superhero
Yeah!!

Attached: sam_alexander_by_ederlunac_d6ibez7-fullview.jpg (1024x1326, 335K)

>he cant even do proper math

>can't count to the fourth post
>tells user he doesn't know how to do proper math

Doesn't Feige hate Loeb? Would he really use Sam?

nah they're going to do an antman and start at the second gen

>mcucosmic

lmao literally fake news

Yes. No.
The difference there is that the director who held Antman hostage for a decade wanted Scott Lang, and Scott Lang actually has stories you can make a movie out of. Sam has fuckall

It's not Cosmic Book News, the ones who fabricate fake news in order to get views. Jeremy Conrad, despite the whole "Avengers Annihilation" thing, is pretty reliable.

Also I'm hoping they adapt some of Loveness Nova, it would be perfect to bring both characters.
>Doesn't Feige hate Loeb?
The fuck? And it's not up to Feige specifically, but Gunn, according to this other interview with the Russos:

>Despite having Xandar destroyed prior to the events of Avengers: Infinity War, Nova was one character the Russo Brothers never considered using in either the third or fourth Avengers movies. Speaking with ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis during An Evening with Joe Russo moments ago, the filmmaker admitted that the Human Rocket was never on the table for inclusion, saying it'd be up to James Gunn to introduce the character in a future cosmic movie.

>"We never considered introducing him," Russo reveals. "I think that exists more in the Guardians universe. That would have to be a James Gunn thing."

>As the filmmaker points out, the third act battle of Avengers: Endgame included dozens upon dozens of characters already existing within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He made sure to point out how difficult it'd be to introduce a character with virtually no backstory before the jaw-dropping Endgame finale.

>"But again, we just had too many characters on our plate," says Russo. "And you can't introduce somebody who doesn't have their own movie like [Captain] Marvel. You can't just throw them into the final chapter of a book."
comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-richard-rider-nova-james-gunn/

Attached: 56050275565565464Nova_.jpg (800x1224, 159K)

It's not the blog by that pedophile, is it?

>Cosmic Book News
>Rich gets introduced in Captain Marvel 2
>Pedo McGroin has a rage aneurysm and dies
Could we be so lucky?

>Dick riders are getting a movie
Congrats! Maybe if you're lucky it will make half of Carol's movie!

Attached: 1543715884065.png (618x412, 304K)

I'm down for Nova but isn't there kind of an issue with the fact that Nova and Carol's powers overlap pretty hard?

Unironically this is the worse character to make a movie about

oh look its the reason we hate carolfags!

all you have to do is make him likable and they'll be different enough

yea, how is anyone a threat anymore if they have 2 people on that power level

Nope, his is CBN, this is MCUCosmic.
Well no, because if anything the Nova Force could be powered by the Power Stone (remember Xandar were the Stonekeepers in GOTG1), and they just have to make sure to keep it related to the helmet and the suit. A bit of a deviation from the comics, but it makes the Nova Force work as some kind of technology that gives them advanced FTL flight, gravimetric jumps and energy projection. Like Carol except they can't go Binary for obvious reasons.
I can only get so erect.

Attached: richard-rider_nova1.jpg (1080x1350, 104K)

By introducing a threat so expansive and overwhelming that a single person trying to save a handful of planets at once isn't enough... Something like, let's say, an Annihilation Wave?

And while we're at it, let's bring some well deserving allies too.

Attached: Screenshot from 2017-03-11 21-18-44.png (1245x986, 1.31M)

Sentry and Hyperion are far better candidates

Too similar to Superman and I'm sure both of them would be better introduced either a solo movies or as a Squadron Supreme kinda thing, not in a Cosmic-themed event movie like this. Quasar has a lot more story on his own and he actually IS much closer to the idea of Green Lantern than Nova ever is, since he actually makes light constructs with the Quantum Bands.
Besides, he's best buds with Rich so there's that rapport neither Sentry nor Hyperion have.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-25 00-46-43.png (900x876, 1.03M)

Quasar was his best friend for a while

>oh look its the reason we hate carolfags!
Why do you keep replying?

I don't know anything about this series except it's a kid with space powers. Is Nova really his name or just a title? Also it feels kinda awkward when my real name happens to be Nova and this thing is happening.

Attached: 1414949905723.jpg (282x341, 44K)

It's a title. Rich is the main man, and he's in his mid 20's.

It's his superhero title and the name of the force that gives him power. He's also known as the Human Rocket and back in the day he was "Kid Nova". We're talking about Richard Rider (or Dick, affectionately).
Back in the day he used to be part of the New Warriors, a team of young heroes on Earth, and then he went solo for strictly outer space adventures, where he got entangled in some really expansive epics that became modern legends in the Universe.

Attached: Screenshot from 2017-03-23 01-08-57.png (703x791, 825K)

No way they introduce Dick Rider with Carol on board.

He can be Carol's kid sidekick like Spidey was Tony's.

Nobody cares.

I think that since the guys pushing for him to have movie like him a lot, they're not going to give him the Amazing Iron Lad treatment

Oh it's you again.
No, I really doubt it, Richard and Sam will likely be introduced separately, with them crossing over with Carol occasionally since it's Xandar after all, a planet that had an armistice with the Kree Empire.

if this is true who do you want cast to play him

Gunn will ruin him.

>Nope, his is CBN, this is MCUCosmic.
Oh neat, so it might actually happen!

Title. The Nova we follow is Richard (Dick) Ryder though there's also his successor Sam. He's part of a space police force called the Nova Corps (they were in GOTG)

He wont be involved

Gunn doesn't even like Nova, and he's the reason Nova hasn't been introduced into the MCU yet.

But if Feige wants him, Feige will get him.

I only have Owen Wilson in mind for Quasar, since they look so much alike (and they also have the same laidback personality), but for Richard, I'd cast... Luke Cook! Though he was already on GOTG so...

Yeah, specially since it has more than one source according to that link. All they're doing is leave it in Gunn's hands though, but I don't think he'd keep refusing it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-25 00-48-40.png (406x586, 269K)

Jack Huston

basically Marvel's green lantern corps

We could easily have both Novas, just with Dick as the obvious protagonist

Gotta give Rocket and Gamora something to do

Not really, there have never been any "Nova Corps" beyond the mall cops they've always been. The closest were the Bakian Family (who are now in 616) but nothing beyond that, since the Corps forced by Worldmind through Ego failed miserably.

The Nova Corps in the MCU basically work like a beat cop version of the GLC though

Which frankly works surprisingly well with Nova's origin story. Crippled space dude on the trail of the destroyer of his planet, set to avenge his people, but he's dying so he transfers his powers to a successor on the planet where the murderer of his people has taken refuge. In the MCU just have the last of the Nova Corps trying to follow down Thanos and get revenge and shows up on the last world he was spotted on: Earth.

The bigger question is why this particular Nova would have powers which the rank and file certainly didn't in GOTG. Still it's quite doable using their already most popular method for empowering people in the MCU: an Infinity Stone did it. Specifically, imagine that after Ronan's rampage the Nova Corps decided they needed to up their game and, hey, they already have the Power Stone thanks to the Guardians. Create a secret project to enhance a Nova Corp member as a test. It'd be tricky as hell with the Power Stone given what it tends to do to people who use it directly, but siphoning off power worked well enough to empower Carol when she was too close to an exploding engine filled with Space Stone mojo. It's certainly doable from the MCU perspective. Boom, instant Nova Force.

Kind of scary how well it fits given the Nova Force was the Xandarians tapping a near infinite source of energy. If that doesn't sound like it could be the Power Stone (at least from the MCU's usual perspective) I don't know what does.

Were your parents wannabe hippies?

We already have Spider-Man to fill the "Inexperienced kid super hero" in the MCU. The comics love to pull that shit all the time, hence Sam existing, but the movies have been doing great without that cliche for the past 11 years. So this is going to be Rider.

>he's the reason Nova hasn't been introduced into the MCU yet

...You're shitting me. Source?

No not really. They just happen to work with the space program and wanted to give me a space related name.

Are you a girl? Nova is kind of a girl's name.

No offense.

Soon

Attached: 35d4ca83d6782837eb7c8fc00d91b00f.jpg (500x740, 66K)

This is Yea Forums so the answer is no(yes).

No, it's not exactly true. It's just that the imbecile from Cosmic Book News (Matt McGloin) harassed him for YEARS to put Nova in the movies, even published his mobile number on his site, and Gunn ended up very frustrated about it and dedicated him a post telling him he wasn't going to put Nova just because he asked for it, then in successive posts he said it's not like he didn't like Rich, it's that if he put it now, it would seem as if he was caving in to pressure. Truth it, Richard has been in early GOTG drafts but was initially scrapped because they wanted Star-Lord to be the only human out of place in that setting, but that doesn't mean there can't be others, specially now that Carol has been introduced.

Nobody cares about Nova.

I CAME FROM THE FUTURE!

THE MOVIE WILL SUCK! I AM SORRY NOVA BROS!

You mean like nobody cared about the Guardians?

I'm pretty sure his origin will be changed since Rhoman is probably dead if he never found Rich in the span of 5+ years.

>The Time has Come
AND SO HAVE I

Dick Ryder

Yes. That's the joke.
Didn't even spell his name right.

If he doesn't shout POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE while releasing a huge burst of energy, I will be very sad.

I want him to say blue blazes at least once. Motherfucker's been back for 3 years and hasn't said it once.

Bubby cop movie about Richard mentoring Sam would be the way to go.

Plus, like someone else suggested some weeks ago, you could keep Glenn Close around as the voice of worldmind without having to do too much work.

I don't think Rich looking for his replacement in the first movie is a good idea, especially since he's supposed to be like 23.
I think Garthaan or Rhoman would be better.

>using an article as evidence without even reading it yourself
That says the RUSSOS don't want to step on Gunn's toes with cosmic characters. Feige is the boss of everyone. He wouldn't have to answer to Gunn on whether or not to get a Nova movie going. He would probably ask for his opinion, sure, but Gunn doesn't have the final say.

For you

I've been spreading this idea around and I hope it catches up, because it'd be pretty cool if they did that. She's already "Nova Prime" so there's that.
Obviously it would be up to Feige, but ultimately it's Gunn who's been in charge of the Cosmic side of Marvel even up to Infinity War/Endgame (since they were filmed together), so it stands to reason he knows where things are heading. At no point I'm saying Feige isn't the boss, it's just that Gunn is the one adapting the material.

Attached: Screenshot from 2017-06-07 18-17-08.png (585x441, 425K)

Richard Rider or BURST

Sam is hispanic, they could use the "first x superhero" tactic once again.

wakie wakie carol fags

Please don't call those faggots over. Let them wallow in their shitty Tuesday threads.

You're allowed to like more than one character, I hope you realize this.
Oh, sweetie...

Attached: quasar-richard-rider-2.png (1287x943, 1.72M)

I mean, if there's any time to do Nova it's now post-IW with the Nova Corps destroyed.

Darkhawk when?

I wonder if the movie will split the difference and make Richard sam's missing dad.

Attached: 80815a2815727599dcaa57defd0f147c.jpg (300x456, 45K)

That'd be pretty stupid since Rich is in his 20's and Sam is 15.

Not soon enough.
Good ol' time dilation would fix that. Not that I agree with the idea, but it's not exactly unfeasible.

Attached: Infinity Countdown - Darkhawk (2018-) 004-003.jpg (2385x1834, 772K)

How bout just drop the whole dad plot since it's fucking stupid and dragged on for over 7 years.

Is that Powell or just some random Raptor Fratboy?

So when is Rich going to find out Sam's helmet was taken, and talk down to the nu-Corps like a disappointed parent and make them give it back?

Attached: nova sentence.jpg (590x295, 184K)

It's actually Razor controlled by Powell, after Razor turns into a ship-destroyer mecha. So, perspective aside, it's a huge Darkhawk.

Attached: darkhawk-razor.png (713x850, 748K)

Darkhawk is tokusatsu as fuck, I love it.

I wanna see these kids on the big screen but maybe swap out miles for peter

Attached: b7fe0d0b0e85d1d1d2d066aca715448a.jpg (540x540, 56K)

That plot was never solved...
Soon, going by what Zub is doing. Though it's not certain whether Rich himself will be involved, but a heist is happening and Sam is gonna get his helmet back at all costs.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTMvNDA1L29yaWdpbmFsL0NIQU1QMjAxOTAwN19jb3YuanBn (919x1400, 294K)

Miles might actually be as big as Peter now after the whole 5 years after the snap thing.

How often has Sam been shirtless in the comics?

I only know of this one time...

Attached: sam-nova_shirtless.png (795x743, 1.07M)

Nova blow-a, where my Shi'ar supremacist bros at?

Attached: Hawk.png (657x1000, 1.67M)

I don't want to see Sam getting cucked by Miles over Kamala.

Handle it in true MCU fashion. Alien Nova gets to Earth on the trail of Thanos (but more likely he's accidentally been following the Black Order members who got their early), empowers Rich, Rich gets his first adventure leading up to him learning Thanos is on Earth, finally time to avenge(r) the Nova Corps...and immediately turns to dust. Yep, true MCU fashion. Turn it into a joke. Five years later he gets undusted and still isn't in time to avenge the Nova Corps admittedly to a fight with the wrong Thanos since this is the time displaced one from 2014.

youtube.com/watch?v=DkPL1MT7g80

The REAL reason Nova hasn't been in the MCU yet?

STAN LEE! Also Midas Mouse, otherwise known as Tricky Mickey with the Trillion Dollar Dickey.

Attached: marv wolfman senses the future of the dark timeline he's stuck in.jpg (936x1360, 681K)

But hey at least Wolfman got to marry Donna Troy, the absolute creep.

>blockbusters only
>there's no competition to Marvel
It's like it was written today!

>"Figures! I miss getting my own comic to a Mouse!"
>he has no series currently
Holy shit

Attached: eon-3.png (638x670, 521K)

Gotta love the headliners in Rich's early days. He's Dick Rider and by issue five he's already fought a guy named Arch Dyker and "Tear-Anus".

Attached: i coulda been a contender - or a nazi.jpg (909x428, 191K)

Is this guy Garou?

Attached: Villain origin.png (805x1802, 813K)

Diamondhead? Of course not! He's just the usual, everyday happy go lucky citizen who just happens to enter an experimental lab because he knows they test their newest toys on precious jewels and he just happened to trip into the ray of a diamond powered laser thereby fusing him down to the atomic level with the essence of purest diamond. Perfectly normal, ordinary stuff, really. Happens everyday in New York.

So it does. And now his dick is diamonds.

We NEED to get this guy and Emma together just to see what happens.

Didn't they were big before annihilation?
Not like the GL patrolling sectors but following cases like a detective equivalence to the GL beatcops

The sound of rough, uncut diamond on diamond, like fingers on a chalkboard.

Why would they start setting up a champions movie when they haven’t squeezed all they can out of Carol yet? I really doubt Kamala’s going to be involved until Captain Marvel 3.

How can they go time Sam? When the Nova Force doesn't even exist yet in the MCU.

Plus based Dick has to steal Gamora 2014 from Star Manchild.

Attached: 2771800-6998303065_7e00c3bc7c_z.jpg (422x640, 257K)

>Dick Rider
>Adam Warlock
Damn, Gamora's boyfriends are too much for Quill to handle.

>>"But again, we just had too many characters on our plate," says Russo. "And you can't introduce somebody who doesn't have their own movie like [Captain] Marvel. You can't just throw them into the final chapter of a book."
That's still basically what they did with Carol.

Someone said it in this thread, but it's been said rather often since GOTG came out. The Nova Corps had the Power Stone in their custody. An infinite source of power they could study and draw from to create the Nova Force. Considering the damage the Corps sustained from Ronan, all those poor dead bastards who tried to hold back Ronan's ship, and the ongoing attacks on the city it's entirely possible they felt they had to risk tapping the Stone to get them back up to full strength using empowered Centurions. Not that it would have saved their asses when Thanos came a knockin'.

Well he IS John C. Reilly so he probably got lost quite a bit on his way to taking down Thanos after Thanos destroyed Xandar and then made good his escape using the Thanos Copter. Waititi apparently wanted to use him in Ragnarok but couldn't swing it. Who knows, maybe he's stuck in the space anus for five years.

Ant-man was being developed by Wright before the MCU even existed also Scott has been Ant-man longer than Hank.

So how would this work? Instead of Annihilus killing the Nova Corps it's Thanos?

This, also in a facebook Q&A for GotG vol. 2 he took a question that was specifically about Richard Rider and he confirmed that the character was in consideration. Then said how vol. 3 was goong to set up the future of cosmic.

Ricardo Rider, Jeph Loeb BTFO.

Why would anybody be excited given how the Nova Corps were depicted in the previous movies as dorky cops with barely any power?

Diamondhead was a Savage

Attached: 0ac26a92-a2a3-4b6c-9104-c8c29e4b5259.jpg (926x1379, 562K)

The power of millions of dorky cops concentrated into one person would probably be enough to make that person a superhero. Plus I wanna see the Worldmind.

Attached: d335b98d-84a7-40d5-8d34-a24243caa76d.jpg (916x1365, 545K)

Attached: 9bd8b09e-c91d-4750-99b0-53e2ac7b81c4.jpg (909x1009, 428K)

He won't let Cap call him son

Attached: 2785186b-b9ae-422a-9299-04d1bb21fed6.jpg (1280x1477, 815K)

I just think it's funny how much he hates Rich. He hated him so much he beat the crap out of Sam. Hated him so much that after he found out his secret identity he went to Rich's parents house and waited outside for months until Rich showed up from space.

Attached: f98a23c83d133fe231f997e013e98e17.jpg (480x480, 62K)

Attached: Diamondhead-Marvel-Comics-Nova-Arch-Dyker-b.jpg (500x1165, 201K)

Attached: 20190508_013956.jpg (596x426, 239K)

It's better of it's Latino Dick that way both set of Novafags will rage.

Feige laughed when he got asked about the Inhumans TV show, and said "no comment". Also Loeb is one of Ike's loyal stooges and backed Ike up when he threw a fit about not wanting RDJ in Cap 3 because he was expensive. He might now hate him but he probably doesn't want to deal with him.

>Loveness writes the best Marvel book besides Gwenpool in years
>Marvel doesn't give Loveness or Hastings any more books
stupid company

Richfags fume about Gunn but if he is the one that gets to decide who Nova is he probably would choose Rich because he doesn't give a fuck about anything beyond Thanos Imperative.

Also Nicole Perlman's favorite characters are Black Widow and Richard Rider, Markus and Mcfeely like Rich. Adam Mckay has been into Nova since he was a kid and he's doing something with Marvel Studios. Feige read Annihilation. There's a high chance in Rich's favor.

They were "big" off-screen, as in, they were shown to be very organized and competent, with Nova Corps from all across the Galaxy and Rich still being a bit of a greenhorn. Then the Kyln incident happens, Xandar gets overrun, and the rest is history.
But at least she had her movie. I still think they should've swapped the release dates though, Captain Marvel first then Ant-Man & The Wasp. I really doubt Carol wouldn't have made a lot of money anyway (maybe not 1.2 but close to 1 billion regardless), while allowing enough time for people to cozy up to her and tip the scales with AM&TW enough to make it reach 800-900MM. Just me and my unsolicited opinions on Hollywood accounting.

I wonder how they'll differentiate his powers from Captain Marvel in the movies. They both fly and blast shit.

He's got a computer talking to him!

BLESSED KEVIN I SHOULDN'T HAVE DOUBTED YOU
not richfag, just hate loeb

shit they missed the window of opportunity for stark building the costume for him

Anyone got a reading list for Nova? Always loved his character design

Read Annihilation and his solo series that starts up after that.

This. Nova is redundant with this Captain Marvel we have. The same goes for a potential Quasar. Carol should be the one to kill Annihilus, confront Galactus with the Nulificator

Is Annihilation Self Contained or one of those event comics where you have to read specific issues of like 5 ongoing series?

The ongoings were specially made for Annihilation and they are part of which makes it great: almost every space character is involved and developped. Same goes for Conquest.

>Nulificator

He can manipulate gravity, make force fields, open stargates, is so fast a herald of galactus couldn't catch up to him, not to mention the stuff his helmet and suit protects him from....

Nullifier, whatever, you already know I am not American.
The other day I called the Wrecking Crew "the demolition gang" and you guys gave me shit, but this is how they are called here.

Ignore the obvious bait.

Doesn't Worldmind predate JARVIS.

Brazilian?

Also, to add to the other post, Annihilation also had a special section where they explained the background of every single one of the characters involved, so you can basically jump in without any further introduction and learn about everyone. It was actually how I started reading Marvel properly.

The Nova Force needs to at least be a different color than Captain Marvel's burning yellow white at least, to make Nova visually distinct.

There used to be a Cosmic Marvel torrent I got from Yea Forums that had everything organized for your reading pleasure. All the way up to the Thanos Imperative. Reading everything was a fucking blast.

Who the fuck is Worldmind, Uncle Ton built me this great suit, and it's talking! It has a lethal mode too!
It pulled Annihilus inside out and saved the universe! What have you done lately Richard Ryder?

Attached: Nova 002 (2007) (digital-Empire) 011.jpg (1238x1879, 454K)

It was blue for most of the DnA run ao it shouldn't be a problem. Carol's power in the MCU is yellow.

Hi Raf.

They can have some blue-orange dicking-in-space imagery

>billions died
Literally trillions died and Tony is just "yeah you need to register with us and follow my orders kid". What the hell, Civil War sucked.