Do film journos hate Eastern European Animation?

These movies look far better than most of the shit produced in America, yet you likely have never heard of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xhrm196UQSY
youtube.com/watch?v=5dOZpivfNxw

Attached: 23C35621-9A28-423E-99C2-2321BAD6EE09.jpg (4291x3300, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/tag/hoffmaniada
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Film journos
Most of these types of films get 90-100% on RT. It's just that they don't come to theaters so you either watch them illegally on kimcartoon or buy a blu ray one to three years after they come out.

Everyone hate and discriminate Eastern Europe

literally pariahs of the world

Attached: 132fab21fc22b0e904b73a9491366aac.jpg (585x800, 48K)

>Hoffmaniada = Russian = Putin
>Ruben Brandt = Hungarian = Orban

No, (((they))) don’t have a bias at all.

Ruben Brandt was submitted to the Oscars but they nominated some SJW-pandering Disney crap instead.

Attached: 10FF0754-6998-4754-BDA0-9FB8A4722CDD.jpg (2201x2589, 886K)

>Ruben Brandt

Attached: puke.gif (450x371, 2M)

So you want more movies like these?

Attached: 3F645D3D-0B84-4866-927D-D1BC55762835.jpg (750x1118, 721K)

How?

no privilages

>privilages

I heard of the stop motion one in threads about that sasquatch movie. I actually want to see it but like said I wont be able to actually watch it.
Rubens Brant Collector looks disgusting so I dont have the desire to even watch a trailer with such a hideous art style.

Ruben Brandt was nice. Ending kinda dropped the ball but the art direction was still pretty cool. Haven't seen Hoffmaniada yet which sucks because it also looks nice.

Film journos hate any animation that isn't American, it's not just Eastern Europe.

Which should come as no surprise considering that the media conglomerates that put out shit like are the same ones that control 90+% of the print media in the US.

Attached: tragedyofman_d.jpg (910x1303, 165K)

Attached: 61809E35-10CC-415D-9627-58F773D56D83.jpg (620x919, 232K)

Attached: animation whitepill (2015-2019).jpg (3111x4800, 3.08M)

My nigga.

Attached: 60E88C64-23E4-4370-93DC-0E0B479B25AF.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Seriously, with the amount of shit getting put out everywhere else I'm optimistic about the state of animation in general. Especially since more and more international animation can reach wider distribution through services like Netflix (especially since streaming is much easier than getting a theater run)

It's nothing like that really, American journos mostly talk about American movies, and mostly about live action.
Not everything is about discrimination you fucks.

Adding names for the ones that only have moonrunes or no text on the poster would help a lot.

That’s from Spain, which is in Western Europe.

>journos
that aside, no, they just don't care. Also Ruben Brandt looks like fucking garbage, and this is coming from a guy who can appreciate frank miller's later art

ere you go.

Attached: animation whitepill (2015-2019).jpg (3111x4800, 3.17M)

Thank you.

They are literally the world's punching bag. When there's not a famine or a natural disaster, there's a war, when there's a war, there's a bunch of extremists that somehow take over and cause mass death.

see Why the fuck would we care about any non-domestic animation that isn't from a country with a notable industry like Japan? Americans focus on American media. That's just the way it is.

>unironically saying “you’ve probably never heard of them”
>in 2019

This could have been a comfy european animation thread, but you just had to start it off like that.

You’d think Hoffmaniada, a film made by one of the most acclaimed animation studios in the world, and which just came out after almost 20 years in the making, would get more press and an American distributor ready to buy the rights to it, right?

cartoonbrew.com/tag/hoffmaniada

Just one measly article, and it’s mentioned only for about half a sentence.

Contrast with all the bunch of foreign movies and shorts that CB promotes.

They should have sucked Amid off.

>Ever since Pixar revamped Disney animation from drawing to digital, its 3-D artifice has also set the dominant style for baby-sitting fare. With few exceptions — such as The Iron Giant, Monster House, Coraline, The Adventures of Tintin, Winnie the Pooh, Paranorman, The Secret of Kells, Kubo and the Two Strings, The Lego Movie, and My Life as a Zucchini — most animated features seek the simple shiny-new-thing response.

>But Milorad Krstic, a Slovenian filmmaker working in Hungary, uses modern animation technique and inspiration to restore the form’s connection to the tradition of hand-created fine-art in Ruben Brandt, Collector.

>Through Krstic’s art references, assorted characters are drawn with the multiple features (pairs of eyes, breasts, limbs) that depict the physical and psychic shifts, the revolution in perspective and consciousness, implied by Picasso’s African-inspired Cubism. This abstraction, as immediately readable as the anthropomorphic toys in The Lego Movie, sparks constant, quick-thinking reflection on the Western canon without attacking it.

>Krstic’s art-consciousness is an alternative to mainstream animation, which is geared to elicit responses that are no more complex than giggling, blubbering, or technological awe — the dehumanized drive behind Pixar-Apple consumerism.

Attached: 001AAE51-2F20-4423-BEB9-2B7182AC3E11.jpg (225x209, 16K)

>sparks constant, quick-thinking reflection on the Western canon without attacking it
THERE YOU HAVE IT. It got snubbed at the Oscars because Hollywood hates anything Western.

Waay to twist what I said weeburger.

>Western
The fuck does that word even mean anymore?

Also fucking hell, Armond White browses Yea Forums doesn't he?

Attached: 1520377672671.jpg (260x217, 32K)

Western values and art. Leftist Hollywood and tumblr constantly try to subvert them.

>Western values and art.
Explain what you think that is.

Attached: 1475195351444.jpg (216x290, 15K)

Nice, thanks senpai.

Attached: 1527205577522.jpg (336x305, 24K)

>Americans focus on American media. That's just the way it is.
And what if China focuses more on Chinese media? Mexico on Mexican media? And Latvia on Latvian media? India on Indian media? And Africa on African media? And so on and so forth.
As other countries start producing and consuming their own cultural content of increasingly high quality, American media conglomerates won't be able to rest on their laurels for long.
In the face of international competition, they'll need to put out content that competes against the entire rest of the world. It may even get to the point where American movies would rely more heavily on domestic box office returns than international ones.

Bear in mind, too, that most American movies make most of their money abroad. That's the biggest reason why the development of international animation worldwide is something to pay attention to.

Attached: summer_boxoffice__3_.jpg (1200x2034, 237K)

>these movies desperately need more exposure
>meanwhile youtube fuckers like pan pizza, saberspark, etc that have a large audience they can expose good stuff to all make movies about shitty shovelware dreck and flavor of the month CN and Disney shows

JUST GIVE ME MY KINO CARTOON REVIEWER ALREADY REEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1555125538290.png (480x480, 423K)

Honestly, it's something I've personally thought a lot about doing, but it seems like a lot of work. And I don't want to end up like that girl that Yea Forums discovered.

awesome, plenty of these I haven't heard of.

Do burgers really go to the movies that much, that they make up that much of the box office? I mean, I probably go to the movies a couple of times a year (tickets are pretty expensive in Melbourne)

These all look ugly, the stop motion in the first link is barely at Rankin Bass's level much less modern western stop motion and Ruben Brandt is visually appalling.
How many times are you going to post this?