What are some examples of comics that have succumbed to 'Cerebus Syndrome'?

What are some examples of comics that have succumbed to 'Cerebus Syndrome'?

Attached: gone.jpg (529x352, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BgvIFEfg5t0/
instagram.com/p/BluhQOMB3BA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know what that is

An initially light-hearted tale that becomes progressively more grim.
I had to Google it and the term is based on a webcomic. I think it's dumb and will continue saying 'initially light-hearted tale that becomes progressively more grim" instead.

That all said, Flintstones 2016

Les Nombrils started out as gag pages and now it's all this drama. Granted, there still humor.

>Cerebus
>webcomic

Goddamn zoomers.

You mean a comic where the creator gets divorced, diddles a 13 year old girl, then spends the next couple decades making comics about how all women are liars and whores?

Source of OP pic? That can't be an official Disney comic, can it?

How the fuck do people find this stimulating? People take both Ducktales and whatever Zorro Duck is called so seriously, but I get get past their goofy appearances. Seriously, it’s just like if the ending of Moral Orel happened with Goofy and Max.

He diddled a 13 year old when he went nuts too? Oh dear.

It was from the very last issue of Disney Adventures. If you think that's bad, you should have seen the Rescue Rangers comic they did.

>The Rescue Rangers comic they did
At least the furries got their nude Gadget

>Cerebus Syndrome
You mean authors loosing their minds?
Too much irrelevant text?
LSD?
A good ending that came far too late?

Nobody uses that phrase.

Ok I kinda don't want to see them ruin RR but also curious a bit now

It was only implied nudity, they didn't show any pink. Could have done without the rape i m o

What creator?

How?

It’s a European thing. Don’t worry, they’re looking down their nose at you too.

>Could have done without the rape i m o
what the heck

Moral Orel had a really cutesy claymation style, the fuck is your point

And at first I got mad at OP for misspelling Cerberus too

I don't know, I guess it was Disney's way of burning the last bridge attached to the Eisner era. They really like to pretend that stuff never happened.

>cerebus
>webcomic

Attached: 9DBF2B04-43DA-4AC9-961D-467E261FDE8E.jpg (638x965, 92K)

At least all of the Rangers were and not just her
#equality

It's all true, your little Aardvark yarn is of infinitesimal consequence to me and I am not only comfortable in being wrong about it, but actively enjoy the notion that I have spread naivité-based misinformation about it.

>tfw you realize you're almost twice the median age of the average Yea Forums poster

Attached: its been 40 years.jpg (612x396, 29K)

is a parody of "Death in the Family"
instagram.com/p/BgvIFEfg5t0/

Attached: DitF.jpg (905x450, 368K)

you're 24?

I just think it’s funny m8.

I see bits and pieces of Disney Adventures mag on the archive, but I can't find a complete set, or the final issue anywhere. Anyone got a source?

People are mostly effected because Cerebus is a big deal in self publishing.
It makes them sad when they realize everyone can do that in current year.

Ouch

Sadly, even a 24 year would have clue what a Cerebus is. They'd look at you and say, "is that a Pokemon or a Sonic?"

Holy fuck, who killed her? Is this even canon?

How come the Darkwing Duck relaunch ignored the events of the final issue, including the deaths of Gosalyn, Quackerjack, Bushroot, and Megavolt? And Negaduck I guess but they never really confirmed he died.

>who killed her?

"It's PLAY TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

Dave Sim, creator of Cerebus. All around a stand-up guy, converted to Judaism and Islam at the same time too.

She was beaten to death by a Quackerjack possessed Mr. Banana Brain wielding a crowbar.

That webcomic about the kid Medusa
That’s Goblins webcomic
The Walking Dead gets more and more suffering
Deadpool has his moments of happy highs that go so low low low (see Duggan’s run)

fan art from this guy named "tattooer_das_frank"
instagram.com/p/BluhQOMB3BA/

The relaunch continues from the cartoon's continuity, not the comic one.

Shut the fuck up, Boomer

There was an alternate Darkwing whos Gosalyn got killed.

Attached: RCO011_w.jpg (989x1600, 457K)

>Boomer

Is that a Pokemon or a Sonic?

At least one DA comic legit had her in a towel after they all got dunked in a lake

It's a crummy water creature.

It literally is a sonic

Attached: boomerwalrus.gif (164x275, 13K)

I fucking KNEW IT. Everything is a Pokemon or a Sonic with you little bastards!

Link?

Or a Dragon Ball. Literally the only three things popular with kids under 30.

>webcomic

You.... absolute... plebeian.

Ha ha. People under 30 suck.

Attached: 37648591_2162989093729688_677749429901459456_n.jpg (1080x730, 2.09M)

Disgusting

Are you talking about the Ducktales Crossover? Because it was shit and Disney didn't even authorize it.

It actually acknowledges the comic, but the entire comic run but the last arc was rewritten and rerelased as an omnibus.

Moral Orel is a spoof, so the style is intentional.

Absolutely based. Fuck these Cerebusfags.

Attached: 1556062658511.png (402x400, 241K)

Never thought I’d see it mentioned on Yea Forums

Fuck if I know I haven't seen it or any of the other DA comics since I read the physical mag

Give me the low-down, user.

So Archive.org has a scant few DA issues scanned as well as some rando on tumblr. One was a comic I remember about Rebecca ordering Baloo to take her on a date to Louie's, ostensibly because she thinks he and Kit waste too much time there so she wants to see what it's about, but actually because she's lonely and just wanted to be taken somewhere nice. Another has Gadget taking the crew out to a race to watch her gearhead friend Melody

Well, you could argue that both Marvel and DC went off the rails as things became grimmer and darker, but if we're talking single author/creator runs, then off the top of my head it happens more with webcomics than regular ones.

>Sinfest.

While it slowly/almost always had actual sub plots, in particular with Fuchsia, the author got his head up his ass and started sermonizing to a crazy degree.

>Clan of the Cats
(hell if I know if it's even still around) --it was an almost interesting early-ass webcomic back before Penny Arcade was really a thing that started off as a supernatural were panther/witch story. I bring it up because it was a sort of reverse Cerebus deal. Girl gets panther/magic powers, has to deal with family strife while also combating supernatural stuff. if you *really, really* squinted hard it felt like it was trying to ape Alan Moore's style of Swamp Thing comics. But then it had two crossover stories with other, much much goofier webcomics (one of which was basically Family Circus tier shit--the two MCs were kidnapped and held captive off camera by someone who if I recall tried to mind rape the heroine) before the comic goes back to trying to be serious...only to rebound after the author sabotaged/retconned a few plot points and tried goofy adventure shit amid the supernatural drama. Author even whined that he could barely continue the comic because nobody was donating to it in a pre-patreon/kofi era.

Here, go nuts.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CerebusSyndrome/ComicBooks
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CerebusSyndrome/ComicStrips
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CerebusSyndrome/WebComics

>"is that a Pokemon or a Sonic?"
Impeccable boomer role play bait

Are you sure you're not thinking of John K?

they ever collect any of the disney adventure comics?

Nice bait, I give it a 7/10.

TMNT Adventures.
It started adapting episodes fom the cartoon.

Attached: tmnt adventures 2.jpg (945x1401, 413K)

And then shit like this happends.

Attached: tmnt adventures 62.jpg (1015x1600, 613K)

There was an episode of the cartoon where Darkwing becomes a lethal vigilante because he thought Gosalyn died(she didn't)
desu in the currentyear this sort of thing isn't that shocking, fake or not.

It's one of those terms someone made up on TVTropes. I've never heard anyone use it outside of there, so OP should've just gone there for their list of examples.

>actively enjoy the notion that I have spread naivité-based misinformation about it.
Imagine not realizing how autistic this sounds.

Sort of. They reprinted a lot of them in little Colossal Comics digests. I have lots of them along with plenty of old DA issues. I hope they'll be worth money one day~

Also OP is a lying fag and y'all are gullible little children, aren't you.

What the fuck is happening to this man?

Funky Winkerbean is pure distilled blackpill, probably the solution for the anti-life equation

Attached: FunkyWinkerbean250910-e1285393160124[1].gif (580x181, 59K)

>Hear a lot of praise for Cerebus
>He appears in a Spawn comic at some point
>Decide to download his run
>The beginning is shit
>Read further ahead. It's shit
>Read the synopsis. It's shit

Cerebus is fucking shit, you stupid motherfuckers. Dull shit with a whole lot of nothing in it.

So it’s the reverse of the mirage comic to the 80s cartoon?

Pretty much. But when all you otherwise had to choose from was capeshit and Elfquest, it was at least something different. American comics were a cesspool in the seventies and eighties.

I remember when we all binge read the Funky Winkerbean series on blast back in 2014-15

>I'M RETARDED AND I'M PROUD
What brought you to this place in your life you're on an imageboard for a niche hobby revelling in the fact that you don't care about said hobby, what joy could this possibly bring you?

Makes me happy because it wouldn't have happened without it.

No it's not, learn what words mean retard.

Bullshit. It was going to happen because the internet happened. If you know anything about webcomics you know it started with gag strips by kids who'd never heard of Cerebus. Jeff Smith and BONE are a more inspirational self-publishing tale because at least he didn't lose his mind and make a joke of himself.

It was story-time on Yea Forums constantly for the longest time, live translated too; every time a new volume came out there was a shit storm, specially the last one.

No. He had consensual sex with a 17 (maybe 16) year old who does not claim he raped her or that she is traumatized by the event. He also admitted it from the drop unlike everyone else in these lind of situations.

He became the best of them all.

he shouldnta fucked with fluffy

Attached: Fluffy_from_Darkwing_Duck.jpg (250x405, 42K)

we have like a yearly storytime.

Okay so he accelerated the development of American creator owned comics by several decades at the absolute minimum in your paradigm.

Nah a comic about a bitter faggot who uses things he's heard about stories to hide the fact that he's never read them.