What would you say the biggest difference between them is?

What would you say the biggest difference between them is?

Attached: BCF7C4CA-6F0F-4540-8D9E-4949FB08A159.jpg (1024x632, 124K)

>inb4 that Marvel is humans trying to be god and DC is gods trying to be human BS

One has the most successful movie franchise of all time and the other is the one with a history of good comics

Marvel doesn't make constant shit

Attached: Al NO MA'AM.jpg (375x428, 31K)

Impressive how many continuities you twisted up together

According to Alex Ross.
>“DC is the foremost component of where the DNA of what makes a superhero came from. They did the very first superhero in Superman, and the first great embodiment of the dark superhero in Batman, and of course the first female superhero in Wonder Woman. All those key things are lined up by them, and they go in a nice descending ladder of importance with their Justice League. With Marvel it’s clear that Spider-Man is not the same kind of hero as Superman; Cap has similarities but he has differences as well and has been used in very interesting ways that stop him from being a clone of any DC counterpart. The Marvel characters are all over the place in terms of what makes them unique, and there’s a hip energy that’s been instilled in them since their creation. Every other superhero company follows the mold of having their heroes follow those archetypes that DC embodies, but Marvel broke away.”

Marvel have successful movies while DC have successful tv series. Both are absolute shit in comics.

Marvel has Spider-Man, DC is stuck with Batman

Marvel died in 1987. DC was reborn in 1987.

DC citizens adjusted to supers while Marvel citizens constantly are at odds with them.

Marvel is alive thanks to live action movies. Once the fad dies, Marvel dies.

Marvel keeps trying to do this "world outside your window" shit despite that ceasing to be believable to any degree in the mid 80s, hell probably the 60s when Galactus happened.

DC has entirely fictional settings which help make the world work, Marvels world is fucking nonsense.

Keep telling yourself that

>>Marvel is alive thanks to live action movies. Once the fad dies, Marvel dies.
NOPE.

DISNEY MONEY, THEY CAN FUCK U AS HARD AS THEY WANT NOW FOREVER BECAUSE THEY'LL NEVER GO FUCKING BANKRUPT.

DC is actually good while Marvel is shit.

Attached: 1554450839260.jpg (210x240, 6K)

Marvel's better in every wat

Attached: giphy (12).gif (360x240, 1.71M)

way
>fad
>dominating cinema since 2008

And the clock keeps ticking...

Attached: iloL annataZ.jpg (210x240, 12K)

>Marvel is so terrible that it only makes you scream "WAT."
This.

Marvel made a successful film universe, DC didn't.

Marvel hates DC. DC doesn't hate Marvel.

Based DC.

This. DC is pure fiction and superheroes work best in that setting. The only thing I like about marvel is their cosmic side because that's when it gets really weird.

To answer OP, to me DC has better classic superheroes and are generally written and drawn better. Grant Morrison/Mark Waid JLA is the absolute pinnacle of superheroes. also the DC superheroes actually do more superheroing compared to the marvel characters. What does captain marvel fighting an alien have to do with saving people?

Attached: 1557167350135.jpg (791x768, 56K)

Retards.

The real answer is that both are predominantly fucking garbage and have been since before any of us were ever born and only an incredibly small minute amount of content squeeks through the shit barrier into becoming even somewhat good, because Marvel and DC are both run by nostalgic retard boomers and woke twitter slacktivist zoomers who dont understand how to appeal to anyone other than themselves and constantly insert fanwank shit, fetish shit, political shit, all to the detriment of telling a fucking story worth a damn.

DC was born out of a conglomeration of multiple entirely distinct ideas and companies during a period in time in which the industry was just beginning, while Marvel was born out of trying to get business in an era in which the US government crippled the industry with a shotgun blast to the knee, which eventually spiraled into two equal but opposite companies growing ever larger and more all encompassing in the pop culture and poisoning the very industry they're apart of, keeping it in a state of eternal mediocrity because they force archaic systems to continue well past their expiration date due to an inability to adapt to the times.

They suffer, third parties suffer, indies suffer, and Japan steals all the business through offering what they refuse to: Niche, focused content towards specific consumer groups sold at reasonable prices in large collections at available retailers, with consistent direction, continuity, writing, and art.

The Marvel and DC console war is retarded and distracts from the true problem being that Marvel and DC werent allowed to fucking die in the 90s.They're both cancerous tumors that offer maybe one good story every 5 to 10 years of publishing dozens upon dozens of books a month, which serve only to hurt the industry by eternally clogging it with bullshit and keeping it stuck with Diamond and the LCS system.

Attached: tenor.gif (386x280, 3.13M)

At their best, DC and Marvel complimented each other. DC gave us wholesome Americana in a slick package, while Marvel had youthful spirit and passion with a rougher, more relatable aesthetic. They’ve both completely lost sight of what their brands are supposed to embody and refuse to hire anyone skillful enough to do them justice.

Is this pasta fresca?

Marvel has superheroes that are actually interesting
DC publishes amazing comics that aren't superheroes

>diamond sucks
>this is somehow the fault of marvel and DC

Gets the noggin joggin

DC is the original.
Marvel is the ripoff.

DC has superheroes.
Marvel doesn't.

Dont act like Diamond actually holds any power of Marvel and DC. If both of them decided one day to stop going through Diamond, they could do it.

This, theyre incredibly lucky Disney came to save them and made them this generation star wars or they would be completely out of the game.

>Dc arent superheroes
The fuck lad

Attached: aEyO6hI.jpg (660x650, 117K)

underrated

Well if the Savage says it, then its a fact

DC are superpowers with names, they're not characters

One has Ladderbro shitting up threads
The other has Tommy doing it.

The question is: Which one is worser

Attached: 819bbc5af242e29e4e61d0c12a48ad3e50d5d5fd.jpg (384x313, 83K)

You know thats wrong so why even post it?

I don't know who Tommy is, but Ladderbro has been shitting up this board since 2013.

Doesn't day much in Marvel's favor, does it? I'd never trust a company with such a fandom.

I'm actually angry and offended at that post

>Pure reddit

Attached: download (1).png (201x250, 5K)

Dont forget the carolfags.

DC is for heteros.
Marvel is for degenerates.

Based

There's shitty DC fans too here, i've seen tons.

>Every other superhero company follows the mold of having their heroes follow those archetypes that DC embodies, but Marvel broke away
That explains why the comics are in the gutter.

Oh, another difference. Marvel fans are violent, DC fans are not.

Yeah but ive never seen people so obnoxious as carolfags.

I mean the DCEU by the way, not the comics. thought that was what OP was discussing based on his picture

Do I need to remind you about the Bomb threats?

a DC fan dressed as Joker (got the whole costume wrong) and shot up a theatre

Marvel doesn't have fans anymore, just casuals.
>mfw

Attached: Logan has a sad.jpg (204x242, 15K)

Marvel fans love making shit up, DC fans don't.

Lmaoing at the mouse

Pretty much this. Marvel civvies are all a punch of dickheads

James Eagan Holmes dude. People died

>kills people for watching a DC movie
Sounds like Ladderbro to me. Maybe they let him post in Yea Forums from jail?

The ability to create a universe and the understanding that you can't start with the big event, you have to work your way up to that event.

Marvel and DC will both be alive as long as long as people buy Batman and Spider-Man junk at Walmart. Disney makes more from X-Men Band-Aids and Hulk juice bottles than comics, but those trademarks have to stay active so they’ll keep churning them out forever.

>you can't start with the big event
You can, if you think of the people who don't want to watch 30 movies in order to understand the event.

DC had british invasion. Other than that it's the same big two capeshit.

DCEU:
"We can't do that, it's not believable."
MCU:
"Look at that! IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!"

Marvel seems to have a huge problem with female characters while DC seems to handle them much more effortlessly. None of the Marvel ladies fans actually like ever get solo series or movies while the female character people hate gets an endless amount of attention that only seems to serve to make people sick of her

This. Holy shit this is accurate

This. Marvel panders to tumblr, DC to everyone.

I know its hard for a Yea Forums poster to understand but OP was asking about DC and Marvel, not the DCEU and the MCU

MCU until their fourteenth movie
>science is just advanced magic
DC on their sixth movie
>here's a sentient race of crab people fighting a war against water breathing people riding laser sharks

DC is about gods living like men, while Marvel is about men living like gods.

Attached: 1550033329679.jpg (2457x1500, 1.2M)

Ladder is infinitely worse. Tommy's at least amusing with his bizarre hate boner for namor of all characters

This

Attached: DmQ3Fk0W0AkULy7.jpg (750x571, 52K)

The logo?

Ladderbro is useful; every time he attacks DC I read a DC book.

Based and DCpilled

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

The DCIF is strong here, holy shit.
DC died in the new 52. Marvel is not dead but was raped by sjws and only now is recovering a bit.

I can see Marvel doing a interesting comeback next year if the X-Men new push works but not even that autistic writer can fix it so what are the odds lmao just outlaw superhero comics already

Don't forget his Doom tantrums

DC is also slowly climbing upward

Idk, Bendis, Snyder and King are kinda running the show now, and it’s not going well.

>a Marvel fanboy royally butthurt about the direction of the thread and pretending to hate both sides (but Marvel just a bit less xD), ending his comment with a "burn it all down" to appear even more impartial
Based

>implying this thread isnt just tommy and ladderbro samefagging like retards

He's right tho companywars fag

One makes successfull and quality movies, the other not. Next question please.

Well I guess mediocre is better than shit.

Good freaking lord I just realized the IP count stayed at 29 while these retards posted
You may actually be right

Sometimes good writers write for either one of these companies and they make good stories. Most stories are not good. Some are mediocre and fun, some are mediocre and dreary. A lot of them are crap, just as in all other media.

The tribalism is stupid, but then adults stop reading the funny pages, so what else would you expect?

That's the best comment I've seen in this entire thread lmao

I've never actually been present for one of those but I'm sure I'd get a laugh out of it

Now you have to prove you're not samefagging, Ladderbro.

One of those posters is me and I'm waaaaay to much of a DC fanboy to be ladder bro.

Based

>I'm waaaaay to much of a DC fanboy
Pity you cannot prove it.

I'm not sure how I would but I can try. I recently read 1987 Justice League, Ostranders Martian Manhunter run and Batman & Robin Eternal. I'm currently reading DC The New Frontier and I'm planning on reading The Killing Joke afterwards and then I'll finish reading New52 Green Lantern and 1987 Wonder Woman by George Perez

More like a x-fag, which is not necessarily a marvelfag per si, hence why you got his tone. Myself? I suffer for still caring for the muties, but universe wise I'm more of a DCfan. Yes, X-Men should have a universe of their own

Read the '97 JLA for the best superhero team run of all time

I absolutely will I've heard nothing but good things about it. That being said I gotta finish what ive already started first

I grew up as a huge xmen fan but marvel really did everything they could to kill my interest

The "Fad" has been going on since Superman 1