ITT: We recommend comic stories you’ve never seen mentioned on Yea Forums

ITT: We recommend comic stories you’ve never seen mentioned on Yea Forums.

Avengers: Under Siege is probably one of the best Avengers stories of all time, and really allows the villains to be fleshed out and shine in ways they weren’t able to before. It also solidified Zemo II, Fixer, and Moonstone as some of my favorite Marvel villains way before Thunderbolts. Hyde is also a show stealer in this.

Attached: E2B25BD8-AD1D-4EC8-BB3E-4C9A318152F5.jpg (403x595, 83K)

Stern's run is the only Avengers run I've legit enjoyed. I really wanted to like Busiek's but I feel like he spent way too much time fixing fucked up 90's stories and referencing old shit.

Busiek’s best Avengers story is the Thunderbolts.

People underrate how great Marvel’s villains are, and Busiek goes the Stern route and showcases all sorts of unfairly forgotten characters.

The original Lee run is lots of fun though.

have you read Englehart's run?

Are you implying the waifufag run was any good?

Waifu? You mean Swordsman? Kidding but yeah it good. Like many books of the time, it has it's up and down but Englehart has always planted these small ideas that other writers would pick up on later stories. The Avenegers/Defenders War is a good read and so was the Serpent Crown Affair. He also wrote Thanos in the Avengers, so there's that. West Coast Avengers was better.

Everybody should read Tyrant. It's just 4 issues because the market crashed and Bissette couldn't afford to make more, but those are gorgeous 4 issues about dinosaurs doing dinosaur things.

Attached: Hi guys.jpg (1023x1509, 575K)

There a good place to read this? Like I know there's readcomics, but I dunno what issues to start with.

Avengers Epic Collection 16, look up what it contains.

this is one of my favorite runs, but don't care anything for any "Green Lantern" story

Attached: Guy Gardner - Warrior (1992-1996) 029-000.jpg (1817x2808, 1.24M)

Excellent taste, Stern's run is the best. I'm currently rereading it myself, in the middle of Absolute Vision.
Busiek was heavily influenced by Stern and cribbed quite a bit. Roger even co-wrote Avengers Forever.
Englehart is okay, but he doesn't do it for me.

Doctor Strange & the Sorcerer's Supreme had really fantastic art by Javier Rodriguez. It's an ensemble, quest book that has nice characterizations and plotting and is fairly experimental. There's a choose-your-own-adventure issue. And in one of the last issues there's inexplicably the greatest bit of Generation X fanservice ever. Plus, Dat Art.

Attached: 425613._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1600x2460, 886K)

Robbie Thompson is the fun version of Al Ewing, with less autistic fans

Punks Not Dead. Pic related is from its second series, London Calling. Musical demons, an immortal mod exorcist, and killer art.

Attached: RCO016_1551318278.jpg (1600x1230, 622K)

I know Ostrander's Spectre gets talked about here on occasion but I feel the need to emphasize the fact that this could very well be the best comic I have ever read. I read the last 20 issues in one go and finished less than a minute before I started typing this. I think I'm going to cry because of the ending. It was a good ending. A happy ending even. And earned. So goddamned earned. Which I thought was impossible considering the kind of person James Corrigan is at the start of the book.
Please read it. It stays with you.

Attached: Rest in Peace.jpg (975x1521, 268K)

>lightning bolt pattern
I'M SOLD

Stern is one of the best comics writers ever. Fight me

What is Yea Forumss general opinion of No man's land? I like it a lot

Attached: DIG053106_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1071x1650, 486K)

What a fucking ride

Attached: 03925880-E6F7-4BBC-9248-BC2EC369A24D.jpg (353x499, 48K)

I'm reading the infinity guantlet. Kino. Perez's art is incredible