New DisneyFox Film Release Schedule; New Mutants Booted to 2020 After All

New Mutants booted into April 2020 from this summer.

Ditto for Artemis Fowl. Also placeholder dates for Untitled Marvel Films which are probably Black Widow, Shang Chi and The Eternals.

And a Bob's Burgers film.

Starting in 2021 Avatar and Star Wars will alternate annual releases leading up to 2027.

twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1125802890310742016

Attached: 2019 to 2020 Fox Disney Release Schedule.png (1080x1412, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/107096215/#q107096215
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Artemis Fowl got pushed back

>Cruella
fuuuuuuuck youuuuuu

>Kingsman isn't dead
Thank God. I can see them moving away from R rating though now that it's a franchise under Disney.

That date has been set for the Bob's Burgers movie since October 2017, nothing new there. Good to hear that it's apparently completely on-track and is going to still be released theatrically (for now) though

Is that even a relevant franchise anymore?

>Avatar 2 pushed back another year again
lol
I think the books are now old enough to get nostalgia factor from some people, but no, it’s not current and they missed the boat by over 10 years to try to recapture a Harry Potter-level craze

Is it bad that the only one I really care about in this is the Bob's Burgers movie, if only for the novelty of there being a feature length film for that shit?

Are you stupid? They are keeping fox so they HAVE R rated movies. That's the entire reason why they killed the Mouse Guard movie

Based Disney will MAKE it relevant

Black Widow will be the May release and Eternals will be in September.

I hope you're right about that. Disney likes their family-friendly image a little bit too much most of the time.

I've been under a rock then. But still good to see.

It's never gonna be released.

Attached: newmutants.png (604x429, 324K)

I guess Blue Sky’s movie version of this is kill, right?

Attached: C88D8D02-C560-4DFF-9290-5B375F993A73.jpg (360x360, 35K)

is Touchstone dead?

>West Side Story
Disney keeps raping the classics. Yay.

Has been for like 30 years

Attached: D5-nvbZUEAE8mz-.jpg (1250x1410, 206K)

Thank god. I want that shit dead

Fox and Spielberg were already making it before Disney bought them you fucking retard

It’s a Spielberg movie, been in the works at Fox for years before the acquisition

I don't think so. But it is definitely not getting a wide theatrical release.

It might go to apps or (if you're in the US) a limited stunt engagement like what Fathom Films do

well shit guess who didn't look at the trips of truth over here first

>please pity our villains, even when they kill dogs
The Chinese are gonna love it.

Attached: cruella-director.jpg (948x435, 523K)

They killed the Mouse Guard movie because it was going to have a $150 million budget

You're retarded

>12/16/2022
Moment of silence for DC's only "successful" movie

Sheesh, 3 Avatar films that fast?

James Cameron's been wanting an Avatar franchise for a while. Disney's just the studio to give him one every year.

Cameron’s plan has been for 5 movies for a few years. They filmed 2 and 3 simultaneously (and yes, they’re done filming, in the VFX stage right now) and have also done work on 4 but Cameron said they probably won’t actually finish 4 and 5 unless the first two sequels do well

So technically yes. Everything is CG and they're mainly just doing mocap. There is still a ton of work but supposedly the processing speed is at the point where it's almost 1:1.

Cameron basically said he had to pause shooting because the CG and computers had to catch up with his output.

Also they were supposed to come out 2 and 3 two years in a row, then a gap year, then 4 and 5 two years in a row again. So this is actually a bit more of a steady pace than it was

>The New Mutants delayed again.
Just put it on Disney+, Jesus Christ.

I think they reshot it to make it an R after the trailer that totally misrepresented the movie as a horror film was well received, so it’ll have to be Hulu

>Avatar pushed back another year
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It won't be R, but it will be scary.

>still no word on if we're going to get an X-Force movie or if Deadpool 3 is happening AS an X-Force movie
I'm also very interested if everyone around Reynolds is getting recast like Cable. I just watched the movie yesterday and was really digging Brolin's take on the character but there's a lot of talk that he might be recast because he's Thanos. I hope that's not the case and one of those movies in 2021 is a third DP with him.

>New Terminator not on the list

I thought that was a Fox property. Did they cancel the movie or is another studio in charge of it?

>be me
>2018
>buy a movie calendary
>the cover of April is The New Mutants
>whoops, delayed
>2019
>buy a new movie calendary
>August has the cover of The New Mutants
>GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKER, DELAYED
>2020
>at this point i will buy another movie calendary
>the cover of April will be The New Mutants
>Delayed again or cancelled
>mfw i buyed 2 calendaries with the same movie

Attached: 1556847547305.jpg (351x283, 19K)

>Kingsman isn't dead
Yeah, but this 2020 film is a prequel with literally nobody from the past movies returning, so it's basically the same as dead

>no Fox Searchlight movies after this year
I guess that’s another American studio that makes non-tentpoles gone
Wonder where Wes Anderson will sell the movie he’s filming to, think he went into it independently without a distribution deal in the anticipation that something like this would happen

Paramount's in charge of it.

>8 untitled Marvel projects in next 3 years
Didn't you idiots say the MCU was going to slow down after Endgame?
How the fuck do you cope with being wrong so often?

Those are crossboard posters from Yea Forums

>actually believing Yea Forums

>Didn't you idiots
>you idiots
I mean we can be stupid but that's largely Yea Forums and shitposters

I didn't believe them, I knew they were wrong. Just like when they've repeatedly predicted flops for the past 20 capeshit movies.

According to the actors, the reshoots never happened even though they were scheduled for 2018. Maybe this new delay means they'll finally get around to doing them.

>Didn't you idiots say the MCU was going to slow down after Endgame?
No that was retards from Yea Forums talking about box office proceeds

>6/19/20 - untitled Pixar Animation
so that "leak" about Pixar making a movie about two angels was real? I hope not

This is the same board that has said "This will be the MCU movie that flops" for every film since GOTG

We can only live in hope that it never comes out. Nothing good can come of this. I bet some of those moving city book readers were hyped about their movie. Look how that shit turned out. Same with the Golden Compass, Stormbreaker and Eragon.

Harry Potter was a fucking fluke in regards to young teen fiction moving to the big screen.

Another studio

Why would they slowdown just because Tony and Cap are gone? They are going to go all out to strike gold.

Give them credit - they were almost right this time.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 1.11.53 PM.png (582x101, 23K)

They already made the movie it has to come out

Everything about the Artemis Fowl trailer pissed me off

Just like The New Mutants

Wouldn't be the first movie to get buried during post-production. Sometimes the cost of getting it on the screen outweighs what they think they can make back from it. Also possible PR hits if it turns out REALLY shit.

All they have to do is meet contractual obligations if they are the distributor.

And do not doubt how petty they can be if all they promised you was a qualifying limited release. If you want to get paranoid TNM could have a clause where if a theatrical release is obtained in a certain window it could go to alternate release methods.

Yeah, you get some movies that are released on a single backwater theater or one the studio owns for just that purpose, nobody sees it and its lost to time. I guess when you have "Fuck you" money, you really can just piss it away to put somebody else down.

at this point, the "first Marvel movie that will flop" is a meme nowadays

I wonder if we're gonna get a teaser or at least some more news of it at the next Comic Con

Attached: thatshiphoptwo-sm.gif (384x216, 1.59M)

we really out here in BUGWORLD

Attached: really nigga.png (189x211, 98K)

Recasting him would be retarded. Thanos was buried under a mountain of CGI. You can't even tell it's Brolin aside from the voice, and even then it's not the first time one of their actors has double dipped with characters (Benedict Cumberbatch as Strange and Dormammu comes to mind, but there may be others). Also, if they have a multiverse now, they could use that as an explanation.

Oh ok. So, now Disney owns THREE animation studios. What’s Blue Sky going to offer that they don’t already get from Pixar and WDAS?

They’re going to turn into the equivalent of the DisneyToon Studios that Lasseter shut down, making lower budget sequels of Disney IP for their streaming service

on the other hand, recasting him would be the perfect situation for Deadpool to joke with.

I can already see him talking the whole movie about how Cable looks different

Only the next year will slow down with 2 movies then will resume its 3 per year rule during 2021.

Probably because those 2 films are risky

>30 years
That's a hell of an exaggeration, I know The Wind Rises got the Touchstone banner in theaters (though now GKIDS owns it and has re-released, along with all the Ghibli movies including Only Yesterday, which Disney refused to release)
Wiki says their last movie was in 2016, it does seem that they stopped using it once they started preliminary behind-the-scenes about buying Fox but they could also bring it out any time seeing as it has never existed as an actual business entity and is just a brand name they slap on stuff they're afraid to put the Disney label on (including The Nightmare Before Christmas, which they tried to bury for the longest time before suddenly embracing it in the late 00s when the Hot Topic merch started selling)

Imagine if Gigantic survived cancellation hell

they just got X-Men back, they've got to get all the Z-Listers movies out before every movie becomes Blankedy Blank and Wolverine for the next 20 years.

What leak? Sauce on that? I've been wondering why Disney Animation and Pixar have been keeping these original films so close to their dates. One comes out next year and no one knows what it is and it might be the one you are talking about.

Lmao

Attached: 1557254064408.jpg (720x790, 39K)

Does anybody really give a shit about Blue Sky?

New mutant pushed to 2020 holy shit, at least they aren't moving it up direct to streaming.
Can't wait for IllyAnya kino

Damn, I was about to make a thread. But I wanted to make an autistic list first:

>Aladdin (Remake)
>Toy Story 4
>The Lion King (Remake)
>Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (Sequel to Remake)
>Frozen 2
>Spies in Disguise

>Mulan (Remake)
>The New Mutants
>Untitled Marvel (1)
>Untitled Pixar Animation
>Bob's Burgers
>Untitled Marvel (2)
>Untitled Disney Animation
>Cruella

>Untitled Marvel (1)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (1)
>Untitled Marvel (2)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (2)
>Untitled Pixar Animation
>Untitled Disney Live Action (3)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (4)
>Untitled Marvel (3)

>Untitled Marvel (1)
>Untitled Pixar (1)
>Untitled Marvel (2)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (1)
>Untitled Pixar (2)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (2)
>Untitled Marvel (3)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (3)
>Untitled Disney Live Action (4)

>Untitled Disney Live Action

Looks like there's a fuckton to reveal at D23 this year

desuarchive.org/co/thread/107096215/#q107096215

Don't forget Ron Gone Wrong by locksmith animation, so technically four.

Since Fox is going to be Disney’s label for teen and adult stuff like says, Blue Sky should just make more mature-oriented animated movies that Pixar and WDAS wouldn’t make. From what I read of Nimona, it’s not really a kids’ story, so it’d be great for Fox’s intended audience.

The new new Elm Street reboot is lookin' good, there!

>Didn't you idiots say the MCU was going to slow down after Endgame
They were already planned.