Will Nebula get more attention now thanks to "Endgame"?

Or will Marvel drop the ball on their foot?

Attached: Nebula-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-e1535710776859.jpg (1920x964, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2nNzNo_Xps
youtube.com/watch?v=CYGT0l4Fkg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gunn dedicated to giving her an arc in vol 2 so I'm hoping he does give her more attention. Now that she's not a loner anymore, we could get interactions with her and the team mates

I want GOTG 3 to end with 2014 Gamora rejecting Quill in favor of spending more time with her sister for an implied incestuous sisterly love ending.

Attached: 602B84FD-467A-4272-9BDC-2923C702C40F.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

nebula and rocket spent 5 years on earth while everybody else was dusted

they will be the defacto voices of reason on the team. quill will spend 75% of the movie trying to win over 2014 gamora

Technically they're not true sisters. Part of them breaking away from Thanos fully would be accepting that.

It's incest only in the sense they were both "adopted", by being stolen from their families.

She's always been getting more attention.
She's an actual part of the Guardians now.

Sell they're (step) sisters so it's actually ok.

It could work as a ship. They've spent their whole lives wanting to reconcile, and becoming lovers would certainly do that.

Bonus if Past Nebula had been saved too. Then Gamora would have two "blue sisters".

(Admit it guys. We all wish Past Nebula had made it, because then we'd have two of them).

Unfortunatly Zoe Saldana only ships herself with white men
Look at her movie history. Literally all white men

Pretty sure Hollywood decides who to ship in movies, not the actors.

Karen's a white chick. She might be able to make the jump.

Nebula/Gamora could happen.

For a moment I thought people was actually gonna talk about comics here

my mistake

What's Nebula even like in the comics? Back in the 90s she was just an blue space pirate type character, who kept saying she was Thanos's granddaughter.

Serious question time, I guess:

Can past-Nebula be repaired? Nebula is more machine than organic at this point, we've seen her literally taken apart before, and a significant part of her brain is explicitly mechanical to the point that you can download files off of it.

I'm not sure how much I believe that the wound she suffered was enough to kill her for real, as opposed to render her 'non functional'.

I believe Present Nebula actually did kill her, opening up a can of time travel questions.

youtube.com/watch?v=q2nNzNo_Xps

>opening up a can of time travel questions.
No, because Banner explicitly explains that it doesn't work that way.

My point is, people have asked questions about Past-Nebula's death repeatedly.

People are inevitably going to go, "If someone from the past dies, how can the person exist in the future?"

>What's Nebula even like in the comics?
Generic as hell. This is one of those cases where someone came up with a much better character and slapped their name on.

Time isn't linear.

Who?

actors accept and reject roles of their choosing, homie

Autism, but my friend is arguing that Endgame is literally a movie without plotholes/flaws/worthy criticisms.

I actually really enjoyed the movie, but I'm too brainlet to think of some actual criticisms. Can Yea Forums help with this?

Here's some I have:

How did Thanos' entire spaceship get teleported through time, when before it was established that this amount of particles can only move a single person in a suit?

Why didn't they think of getting more Pym particles before going back in time and repeating that they only had one chance?

Attached: 1556850285791.gif (278x200, 446K)

Gunn loves the character and thinks she should get her own movie, while Marvel made her the de facto female lead with the most character development in their biggest movie to date. Not following up on that would be retarded as fuck.

After Infinity War Gillan said she had three more Marvel movies scheduled so far, meaning she should show up somewhere else besides GotG 3.

>People are inevitably going to go, "If someone from the past dies, how can the person exist in the future?"
People are invariably stupid and can't be bothered to pay any amount of attention to scenes that explicitly explain all of their problems. This is why Cinema Sins is a thing.

GOTG3 will be more Quill and Rocket, like always

>How did Thanos' entire spaceship get teleported through time, when before it was established that this amount of particles can only move a single person in a suit?
Russos confirmed Thanos and Ebony Maw synthesized more Pym Particles from what little Nebula had on her.

>Why didn't they think of getting more Pym particles before going back in time and repeating that they only had one chance?
If you're referring to their initial foray back in time, that was literally all they had to go around.

The entire first two hours are filled with wonky ass pacing and filler scenes that any sane editor would've cut (Doing TWO "testing time travel" scenes comes to mind, if you're going to bother you only need Hawkeye's, and frankly even that isn't necessary because you've already got a lot of movie time dedicated to making the point that losing his family was a big deal)

>Doing TWO "testing time travel" scenes
The first one was to establish they needed Tony's help, the second one was to establish in-universe that it was functional.

And neither of them need a dedicated scene, it's already established they need his help, and we don't need a scene to show, shock, when Tony thought he figured it out, he was right. If anything it would be better to establish they can't afford to test it, because it lends some slight drama, the tiny question of "MAYBE he didn't get it quite 100% right and we'll run into trouble because of it"

yeah her and Mantis are marked improvements over the comics

Blue buttcheeks.

I'd date both Nebulas.

>You will never give a wild Nebula the stable caring home she deserves.

The inside of a pokeball.

How the fuck does time travel work? I thought the past you went back to would create a new timeline, but Grandpa Cap apparently went back and lived a full life with Peggy only to end up in the main timeline. Didn't we already see Peggy Carters funeral? Where was Grandpa Cap during this?

>How did Thanos' entire spaceship get teleported through time, when before it was established that this amount of particles can only move a single person in a suit?
While it's confirmed they synthesized more, it's very possible they spent months doing it, remember they were being pulled to a specific point in time, they had all the time in their timeline to get ready before doing so

Grandpa Cap probably asked his timeline's Tony and Hank for help going home.

You can't change the past, except by staling infinity stones, because paradoxes make it too hard to actually change anything.

They didn't change the past though. That's important to note.

They didn't retroactively stop the snap from happening, they simply brought back everyone who had been snapped 5 years later.

It seems that the snap can't bring back the dead and can't make anyone love you.

>, but Grandpa Cap apparently went back and lived a full life with Peggy only to end up in the main timeline
He went back, lived his life in an alternate timeline then came back to the prime timeline. This isn't hard.

>nebula and rocket spent 5 years on earth while everybody else was dusted

No, they didn't. They were clearly in space like Carol.

Well I suppose the stones could theoretically bring back the dead. It's just they specifically wished for everyone who had been snapped to return, not everyone who thanos had killed.

Besides Vision would possibly be fucked since the mind stone is still gone. Unless they specifically wished for Vision sans mind stone to be revived.
But who knows how much each wish requires of the wisher. Hulk and Thanos's arms got fucked from the 50% wish, but who knows if all wishes exact the same price

It seems they were doing missions around earth. Rhodey specifically complained at Captain Marvel for not being around and she said she had to help other planets, while nobody commented on Rocket and Nebula.

If whatsherface understood Vision's anatomy enough to try to remove the stone before, there is really no reason she wouldn't be able to make repairs to him now. It's not like he should rot.

It seems she wasn't able to finish it in time, so Thanos basically ripped part of Vision's brain out. He's probably gonna remain dead. Plus he clearly ripped out more than just the stone, a good chunk of Vision's inner workings came out with the stone.

He's mechanical. If he can be build, he can be rebuilt.

Any movie starring her would be dull since she doesn't have any character arcs to undergo and isn't that interesting.

Rhodey had a hateboner for Carol, though.

As they said in IW, Vision is a giant conglomeration of Jarvis, Tony's work on Ultron, Banner's work on Ultron, and Ultron's own personal growth, plus the Soul stone.

There are way too many factors probably to recreate him exactly as he was before, especially since Tony and the stone are gone.

Old Nebula killed young Nebula. Doesnt that mean she should have been wiped from the current timeline since she shouldn't exist?..

I wouldn't say she has no character arcs to undergo, that said I'm not quite sure she's strong enough to carry her own movie. I do think she should definitely be a primary Guardian though

Different time line. It's not a stable time loop situation.

I didn't even thnk of that. Now I'm imagining Nebula actually enduring all that time in captivity.

But it can kill people, so that puts it ahead of the Genie.

Attached: nokill geni.gif (250x143, 363K)

I mean, we are getting a Wanda/Vision series, so obviously something's up.

You can't change the past, full stop. No exceptions. You can create a new alternate dimension with a changed past, which is what they did, but you cannot ever change your own dimension's past. Which they did not do at any point in the movie.

Guess I missed that announcement. It did seem like Shuri finished something before she had to defend herself.

Maybe she just backed Vision up or something

Given that it did not look like she had completely finished, my guess it will at least partly be about him relearning his humanity.

plotholes arent real criticism

I mean depending on how big the plothole is, it can be a criticism.

I don't think there's much point nitpicking at scifi physics though.

any female character is better than Captain gender studies.

for a decent OP female character just look no further than Scarlet Witch. Way less annoying and less forced.

all I know is that Groot better be back in his adult form. Shit, it's been long enough.

Assuming it takes place right after EG, he's still gonna be teenager groot.

The drama factor was good, but it would have been nice if he didn't get snapped so he could have become adult groot again. Oh well

She's not Asian, so that's inevitable.

It's not a river, it's a delta in an earthquake.

To be fair to Gillian, I didn't think she could pull off angsty stoic as well as she did. She's certainly a better actress than she was back in the Who days.

>nebula and tony bonded during their time on the ship, to the point that she puts a blanket for him when he's sleeping
>no scene of her reminiscing or sharing some words with pepper or Morgan

Kind of a waste

The Genie is a character of Robin Williams. Automatically better than any mitten.

Even if Past Nebula could survive, won't Stark's snap kill her?

I kinda wish we got that too.
I wish we got any scene after the intro that indicated that Nebula and Tony had bonded
Maybe something at the end with Morgan calling her by her name or calling her auntie

Tony knows nebula, he probably would exclude past her and gamora from the snap Just to be safe

"The Girl Who Waited" foreshadowed Nebula. She was bitter and angry, and guess what? She had a young and old version in that too.

Aside from Nebula, what other female MCU characters are interesting? I kinda miss black widow now that she's gone; never thought i would feel that way. I hope the prequel shows how she and Clint's family got close.

There's also scarlet witch, who lost her brother and vision. There's potential there, though if vision gets resurrected in their new tv show that kinda cheapens it

But he doesn't know past Nebula and Gamora.

I thought he was thinking something like "I want to kill Thanos and all his supporters (on earth?)", so that's why i think he would kill Past Nebula too.

i don't think anybody is even close to her. She is failure, who's trying to be better. All other female characters are just snappy girls, who are awesome.

Maybe Aunt May?

Blackyrie on paper had potential, as someone who ran away and became a drunk. Too bad they just turned her into a generic "badasssss" warrior again. Now she gets to be queen too. Well, at least that frees up Thor to do fun stuff.

they dropped the ball when they didn't let her finish off EITHER Thanos

Ancient One was good too.

m8 even DRAX didn't get to do shit and his entire purpose was to kill Thanos. There's too many people wanting to do it

>The shitty baby antman scene

I hate how many characters got cheated of landing a hit on Thanos. Drax didn't even get to stab Thanos while he was already dying.

>that last scene with Thanos
>he is sitting down, getting ready to die
>suddenly someone is stabbing him in the back with knife
>Thanos is surprised and look at him, like "Wtf, dude? Who are you?"
>get dusted
>Drax is screaming "YEAAAAAHH, I DID IT, I KILLED THANOS!!! HAHAHAHA!! YEAH!!!"
>Tony is doing his last eye roll

>step-sister-share-their-step-fathers-cum.mov

is it just me or is nebula’s 2023 bust bigger than her 2014 counterpart?

That would be pretty funny as an outtake

yeah, something like Anti-spoiler footage, where every character kill Thanos. Most bizzare would be with Thanos killing Thanos.

If the soulstone deal is "a soul for a soul" wouldn't this mean returning the soul stone would bring Natasha back?

Earth food will do that man.

By then the timeline would be altered though.

i don't think they can bring it back.

Then it's not really an exchange of souls then.
Which brings up the question HOW do you return the soul stone to the magical cliff.

i kinda like it

She got thicker due to our food.

Cue ten thousand pics of fanart showing Nebula-2014 suffering boob-envy of Nebula-2023.

How high are you right now? Plot holes are an indication of a poorly thought out story which is an indication of the writers lack of forethought/execution. It most certainly legitimate criticism.

Marvel has done a better job of capitalizing on their popular movie heroes than DC. After Wonder Woman became a success, Aquaman made billions and Shazam became a critical darling they still are doing the same old tired Batfamily as the center of their universe.

Marvel for better or worse did push Captain Marvel after her success and looks to be releasing a secret series as an homage to heroes in endgame.

In short, Nebula being at Marvel gives her a better chance than if she were any where else

Also no scene with Rocket and Nebula being friends other than holding hands. While it seems likely they are close friends, I don't think they exchanged words at all in the movie.

DC hired Bendis. To write for Superman. That should tell you everything.

Hey, you gotta remember nebula and Tony spent 22 days in a abandon ship alone, and supposedly they didn’t fuck

5 years on Earth and we never got to see Rocket meet some real raccoons with hilarious results. Wasted opportunity if you ask me.

possibility for flashbacks. but it would've been pure plebbit, so glad they didn't do it

we will most likely get rocket and groot's backstory in this one i believe, only ones we don't know much of yet

Which they totally did. She positioned him in the chair AND put a lingering hand on his body.

Stark/Nebula totally happened.

if thanos built nebula, does she even have a vagina?

>implying thanos wouldn't want a chance to fuck her

I dunno, but Gamora has a pretty big camel toe during the 2014 thanos reveal scene in endgame

Yes. But Nebula-2023 is more skilled, to the envy of Nebula-2014.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYGT0l4Fkg4

The actress for Nebula is the cutest shit in full costume like goddamn

She was the best character in Endgame, so I hope we get to see more.

>Aside from Nebula
She's an edgy teenager that tries way too hard what are you talking about?

He put her in suspension bondage in both IW and Endgame. You know punishment for failure included the Black Order getting to have their way with her.

Banner explains that you can't change the past. When traveling back in time, you're essentially corrupting a different timeline. It's how you can kill new timeline Nebula without a correction being made to old timeline Nebula. Now, where it gets confusing is Cap's jump to the past alone essentially becoming part of a new timeline without the Avengers. I can't see how he still exists in the Avengers "corrected" timeline after having made the jump back to the past presumably of a different timeline since you can't change the past. Cap should've left the current timeline altogether.

considering those two antagonize other people a lot, them holding hands is actually a pretty big deal

Aronofsky isn't directing unfortunately.

I'd say this is the exact moment where her character can really bloom, because Thanos is gone and so revenge is out of the window as a primary motivator without his ghost haunting her. She'll finally be able to heal and rebuild and Gunn or whoever can do a whole lot of things to explore how she deals with life now, how she'll define her role and purpose, how she'll move forward from violence as primary means of interaction with her surroundings, how she'll acclimate to the fact that she actually now has people who do care about her and that she doesn't have to be locked in the survivor mentality anymore, how she'll return the favor and help the 2014 Gamora find her own place in the new future and so on and so forth.

You know, the sort of stuff that Bucky could have gone through, if he wasn't a walking plot device. Fuck, it's ridiculous how Nebula already has one of the most finely crafted character arcs in the entire franchise and it flew completely under the radar.

Anyone else got the feeling Nebula was set up to fill Black Widow's niche going forward? They share many similarities and were the two female characters with the most spotlight. Just sad Nebula never got to react to Nat's death after they worked with each other all that time, and could have only learned of her fate off-screen after the final battle.

it's so fucking bizarre that we live in a timelime where Winter Soldier, War Machine, Vision, and Quicksilver are just some extraneous jabronis but fucking Nebula of all people is a bonafide breakout

I think it was a wasted opportunity to kill off the Black Order again, as they would have made for great antagonists for Nebula and nuGamora to track down.

Though there's no shortage of potential space based villains, and Rocket and Nebula's new ties to the Avengers offer a good opportunity to get Earth-based heroes involved with cosmic events in the future.

Her husband is also white
She probably only likes white meat

Theory: Nebula lived in Tony's garage as a pleasure-droid, where she was found by Morgan. When Morgan tells Tony "I Love You 3000", she was referring to Tony's nickname for Nebula, trying to extort a bedtime story from him.

So does that mean Nebula can date Nebula?

Well, fanfiction will fix that. You can't spend 22 days in a "we're probably going to die together" scenario and not bond.

You had one job Russos. Nebula and Stark could have at least been constantly near one another in group scenes.

technically, yes

but, 2023 killed 2014, so in reality, no

idk why y'all are saying tony and neb "most likely" hooked up.

tony admitted to fucking her during the scene where he was recording himself on the ship.

he said something like "yada yada yada blue-mini yada-yada-yada she makes a great lover"

He loved Blue Meanie and she called him Iron Daddy.

>Iron Man
>Nebula-2023 comes in
>Nebula-2014 comes in
>"My Blue Meanies."

>Rocket's creator is the High Evolutionary, Drax is in for a big surprise when he discovers his daughter is alive. Rocket also gets a love interest in the form of Lylla. Nebula and Star Lord will grow into closer friends.
>Nebula and Star Lord will grow into closer friends.

It's happening, lads.

>Rocket also gets a love interest in the form of Lylla.
No

>Friends, not sisters

Yup. Lesbianism.

Maybe read the thread before posting:

It's the Loki Effect - bad sibling who is misguided but the audience wants them redeemed. People like redemption arcs.

Nebula has the added benefit of being a total underdog, arguably having had the shittiest life so far. That creates a lot of sympathy.

I want Nebula to sit on my face while she makes belittling comments about my dick

I'm aware Nebula-2014 died.

But I wish she'd lived so she and Nebula-2023 could get with Stark.

Why is she so adorable.

I just want to hug her so hard right now.

Attached: nabula.jpg (640x640, 120K)

It's those sad, big, black puppy eyes.

Gillan does a great job portraying emotion through those contacts.

>TFW you will never share a quiet, contemplative evening with Nebula

Also she has the perfect bald head.

I was. That timelines original Cap was cucked by prime Cap and presumably went back in time to get his own Peggy.
The multiverse is just infinite Caps cucking infinite Caps to fondle infinity*2 titties.
This is bound to bite someone in the ass.
My alternate theory is that Cap unfroze alternate Cap early and Peggy and the Caps then came to some kind of menage a trois agreement

Ironically the best outcome. We need a bitter Quill ASAP.

Rhodey has hateboner for that slut in real life.

Then Nebula-2014 comes up behind Gamora, and also kisses her.

ok. you're fucking nebula.

given that she is 90% robotics, wtf is gonna happen when you nut?

The stones can bring back the dead tho, if its the time stone. hell, it brought back a infinity stone. I think it cant bring back those sacrificed for the soul stone tho, it seems thats a hard rule made by the infinity stones itself.

>wtf is gonna happen when you nut?
Definitely not unwanted parenting that for sure.

A more important question is does she even have still her erogenous pleasure zones? as far as we're concerned she could have a barbie crotch down there meaning a relationship with her may not include actual sex and any sexual interaction between you would be just her making you feel good. A one sided sexual experience if you may, it sounds rather sad.

its not really time travel. its cross-universe jumping that so happens to have you able to jump to specified points in that other universe's time. They cant actually jump in their own universe's time.

The stupid part is when cap goes back to live with peggy. He technically jumps to an alt- universe to live to old age naturally to the current year when he initially jumped back. Problem is that this old cap that appears on the bench cant be our cap cause our cap never jumps back to the original universe. No this is an alternative cap that did everything the original universe did but then had their cap jump to the original universe to live to old age the same way our cap did. In other words, dont think too much about it, its for the emotional scene.

I'm certain she still has a sense of sensation beyond simply feeling pain.

Maybe you're right. He did allow her to keep her taste buds at least.

I don't think anyone really cared for her in GotG1. She's gotten really lucky - as Thanos' daughter she's been given significant plot relevant roles in both of the biggest Marvel films ever. Thankfully Vol. 2 gave her the depth she needed before they happened.

>Thankfully Vol. 2 gave her the depth she needed before they happened.
And yet Gamora who is a main character stayed bland as hell. I wonder why they were so scared of putting some substance onto her character.

So were there no actual repercussions for her killing her past self?

Judging by the way she responded to Yondu telling her that jacking the ship's power system into her cybernetics would hurt like a bitch, she definitely seems to be getting off on pain, too.

A past self from a diverging timeline, hence essentially a different entity. Just like 2014 Thanos and his entire army.

But if Cap returned all the stones and the timeline reconverged like the ancient one and Banner discussed then they would still be in one timeline.

Yeah, no

She and Gamora both had fairly large camel toes in gotg 2 and especially endgame

Gonna need pics to confirm.

>thanos left their reproductive organs intact in order to pass on their genetics and breed stronger warriors
Or maybe just a heir either way I agree with this dude .

hit me up with those Gamora pics pls

for a friend

The timelines didn't reconverge. The Ancient One simply explained it in a clumsy way. Her concern was that the new timelines created by the Anvengers would be left without the Infinity Stone taken from them, with potentially drastic consequences. Bruce said that retuning the stones would allow the new timeline to proceed along its original path, meaning with only minimal alterations. They're still separate timelines, though.

Otherwise, killing 2014 Thanos in the present would have drastically altered events from GotG 1 onward. Clearly that didn't happen in the original timeline, though that will still be the case in the 2014 timeline, now left without Thanos.

yeah, the alt timeline they took the stones from actually had their thanos problem solved without lifting a finger.

Yeah alright. I was trying to figure out which possibility was the right one. In my head I thought maybe Tony snapped the army away but remade them in the past with wiped memories to keep things the same.

Its pretty amazing how much work Gillan has put into being an actress considering she started out being the hot girl in sketch shows

Do you think she has cyber toes?

On a related note, those USB-fingers pastNebula used to hack the quantum gate were neat.

>she started out being the hot girl in sketch shows
Really? I mean she's pretty but her posture is fucked up.

She slouches because shes nearly six foot tall

Attached: karen gillan photoshoot - Google Search.003.jpg (1118x1703, 214K)

I want to fuck the height insecurities out of her.

I figure the Quantum Realm is less time travel and more universe hopping combined with time travel.
He traveled back to the other universe, lived there for a while then traveled forward (or I guess sideways at that point) back to his original universe.

Okay, if we establish that you can't change the past yet you can affect a new timeline, then the Cap that jumped to a new timeline to live out the rest of his life with Margaret Carter is not the same Cap that left the current timeline. He would have to be from a different timeline, one that's very similar to the current timeline, who also made the same choice. Like you were saying with the different universe/timelines, the old Cap was just one of the many possible Caps that made a similar jump to the past. A lot of this is based on perspective. Theoretically, there's a timeline where Cap chooses to jump back to the past and completely leaves that timeline with any other Cap having replaced him.

Okay, if we establish that you can't change the past yet you can affect a new timeline, then the Cap that jumped to a new timeline to live out the rest of his life with Margaret Carter is not the same Cap that left the current timeline. He would have to be from a different timeline, one that's very similar to the current timeline, who also made the same choice. Like you were saying with the different universe/timelines, the old Cap was just one of the many possible Caps that made a similar jump to the past. A lot of this is based on perspective. Theoretically, there's a timeline where Cap chooses to jump back to the past and completely leaves that timeline without any other Cap having replaced him.

I just rewatched the film tonight, and to whoever said nebby’s tits got bigger... damn. you were right. well worth it.