This was the only cool thing Thanos did with the gauntlet

>This was the only cool thing Thanos did with the gauntlet
What a disappointment

Attached: avengers-infinity-war-thanos.jpg (1024x592, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DY6BKgLnYoQ&t=10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you not see the part where he wiped out half the population of the universe?

It's because the movie gauntlet is super weak comparatively.

>they referenced fucking MvC2

Attached: thanos-video-game.png (707x419, 427K)

He only wanted it for one purpose. Once he used it to take out half the universe he was done.

I said cool not powerful

I think your understanding of cool is limited to Michael Bay explosions.

"It was if hundreds of Mooninites all cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

>used the power and reality stones to punch the mirror dimension so hard it shattered
>used the soul stone to locate Strange doing his clone attack
>used the space stone to move the land Strange was standing on close enough to grab his throat
>used the power stone to punch Carol out of the Endgame
>used the reality stone to mentally torture Quill and Gamora
>used the time stone to undo Wanda and Vision’s sacrifice
Naw, Thanos did a lot of cool shit with that Gauntlet

How?

>used the reality stone to mentally torture Quill and Gamora
Could've just used the mind stone, t

he didn't have it yet

Oh, right.

Is there a explanation to why he didn't do what he did to Mantis and Drax with the other characters?

Attached: 1556739263744.jpg (750x645, 70K)

He did that to have a one on one with quill and Gamora

Later, he wanted to kick the Avengers' asses

I'm pretty sure most of Strange's plan was to distract Thanks long enough to avoid all of them being power and reality stoned to death

People say this because he turned several things into bubbles.

Don't forget when he used the space stone to throw a fucking black hole at Strange

>used the power stone to shatter the mirror dimension
>then used the space stone to turn the shattered mirror dimension into a black hold that he threw at Strange
>strange says fuck it and turns it into butterflies
>Thanos jumps in surprise and thinks “Why not bubbles?”

He didnt even used the mind stone.

They don't do the best job in the movie of getting this info across but Thanos has to close his fist to use the stones and the Avengers on Titan kept doing everything they could to keep his palm open.

Everything about Infinity War was superior to Endgame, which was a disappointment

Attached: 1552250184941.jpg (255x233, 29K)

I'm glad each of the stones got their own focus.

Im more pissed the Avengers dont use the stones against Thanos, seriously they already did what they needed to do with them, take them out of the damn gauntlet and use them, or atleast seperate them

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. Nothing in Endgame had as much of an effect on me as even the simplest scenes in Infinity War. I'd rather watch the final fight on Titan than the final battle at the compound any day.

I get that, and I know you didn't write the movie, but Thanos' fist is literally closed in the OP picture.

Endgame is kinda what people feared IW would be which is a very self-indulgent film with clusterfuck fight scenes and a lot of fanservice.

I think it did all that stuff great, far better than any other movie has ever done, but IW is a tighter narrative and works on its own. Endgame is a celebration of 11 years of movies.

FOH, he punched the damn Dark Dimension and shattered it like he was Yugi bruh.

It also feels like a massive wasted opportunity that the movies between Infinity War and Endgame weren't set in that time period

5 years and apparently no worthwhile stories to tell

I think the issue is they went really hard in on tying in the entire franchise up until that point. Bringing in every character and emphasizing every plot point, and it kind of cost them in overall quality. There is so much about endgame you can only really "appreciate" if you have seen every single Marvel movie, which is nice in a way but it also bloats it unnecessarily.

>but it also bloats it unnecessarily.
Just like Thor

The weird thing to me is that half the universe got a 5 year time skip. Like, will movies take place during that skip? Will the time skip end up mattering? Was it just an excuse to age up a few of the younger characters so they could be part of the cast? How will that affect, say, spiderman, who was dusted for 5 years as a teenager? I guess its good his best friend got dusted too so they are still the same age or something, but jesus, it kind of creates some weird things storywise.

Not really. Endgame has superior characterization, plot elements and action.

>but muh moon

Worthy Cap trumped that ten fold.

All but the Mind Stone I guess if you don’t count Vision

>It's because the movie gauntlet is super weak comparatively.

Thanos with a complete gauntlet couldn't stand up to Captain Marvel. The MCU gauntlet is either shit, or MCU Captain Marvel is literally unbeatable.

I'm sure they won't gloss over the 5 year skip. If they Marvel were the sort of studio to do that at this point, they'd have glossed cleanly over the Battle of New York and Sokovia. Instead, the direct fallout of those, and similar skirmishes, served as the foundation of the entire motivation for the Vulture.

The soul stone was only used once and in tandem
Given the emotional weight put on the soul stone, it is weird that it wasn't even used by itself
I'd like to at least an explanation of what it does in the MCU

Is pathetic when you realize the peak of the MCU is the fight on Titan. Like is good but i was expecting something better for Endgame

Attached: Iron Man Vs Thanos.webm (960x402, 3M)

We WOULD have gotten some very mind blowing shit out of the Gauntlet had they not cut out that longer Doctor Strange vs.Thanos fight scene in favor of Iron Man's mc status.

Attached: 72bmr0ij7l121.jpg (2000x1000, 1M)

To be fair Thanos needs to bend his hand in order to to work the stones
Even the cloak of levitation managed to prevent him from doing that

Better cut most of the Wakanda fight that was boring anyways

Without Thanos getting the stones back, there was no way to do something as complex. Instead they went with sheer scale, pitting Thanos' whole army against basically the entirety of the MCU.

How positively unimaginative.

Attached: Thanos writes his name.jpg (1060x1600, 617K)

Thanos only ever fought in Infinity War for the sport of it. He used the reality stone to take out Drax and Mantis immediately because he was focused on Gamora in Knowhere.

He had Bubble Shot back in MSH.

Attached: thanos-blast-msh.gif (384x224, 19K)

Is reality stone strongest?

The person with the Gauntlet has to actually move their hand to do something with it. If it's stopped moving, it doesn't work, this was the basis of the plan on Titan. CM is strong but it makes sense with the in-universe logic

youtube.com/watch?v=DY6BKgLnYoQ&t=10s

This cartoon showed the powers of the stones pretty well.

Turning Drax to bricks and Mantis to ribbons was really cool. Why did he never do this to anyone else? It was the closest we got to don't-even-bother-trying comics Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

why did he forgot he could access all the stones individually within the gauntlet in Endgame? like that moment when he wasted time picking the power stone to punch Carol, or is it that Tony's gauntlet doesn't work that way?

Blame the lack of imagination of the writers

He just got it with all the gems, he had zero time to learn the mechanics like when he was able to collect the stones one by one

The gauntlet requires forethought and ability to use, as well as some level of somatic gesturing (hand closing, snapping), just as sheer "do-it" motions. At that time he was in a tug of war, and needed and edge and rather than try to shove with the losing hand he basically shifted his efforts.

this was 2014-timeline Thanos, who had no practice with the stones

>>It's because the movie gauntlet is super weak comparatively.
This honestly depends on what movie version. IW version was more powerful because it was made for that kind of power by the dwarfs while Endgame used a weaker version made from human tech that was designed to just do one thing and fucked up the person using it. The IW version was strong and Thanos did a lot with it but he wasn't smart enough to use it properly until he got the mind stone to help him control it all.

>Thanos with a complete gauntlet couldn't stand up to Captain Marvel. The MCU gauntlet is either shit, or MCU Captain Marvel is literally unbeatable.
Again, this was Stark's gauntlet used when he took the power stone off he was able to punch her out of the movie. Look at the ship scene in IW when Hulk jobbed to Thanos, just the power stone and he overpowered him easily. Only thing I can figure is that gauntlet was weak as shit so he decided to use the individual stone rather than risk breaking the gauntlet by trying to use it against her. But in reality they wanted to show how OP she is which is why she was only in the movie for like 5 mins.

Plus am I the only person wondering why they had to keep snapping their fingers to do shit? You're a fucking God if you have this and could do things with a thought (or closed fist in IW) but did Stark literally design his so it only worked with a snap? It was just an expression that he could do it with a snap of his fingers, not literally you need to snap your fingers to use the fucking thing.

this isnt anime you clown

he could easily have one-shotted anyone with it during Infinity War

Attached: infinity-152.jpg (2659x1658, 483K)

Carol kept Thanos from using the gauntlet so he just plucked the power stone out and used it directly (which damaged him some too).

i wonder if somebody adequate had reality stone, would he able to fight Thanos with Space and Power stones.

A different cut i watched in the bts vid showed when Thanos fights Ironman and he mentioned his name, Stark. In the final cut its as if thanos just knows because he is watching him, but in that bts vid thanos said "I know your soul". Wonder why they changed it

>Only thing I can figure is that gauntlet was weak as shit so he decided to use the individual stone rather than risk breaking the gauntlet by trying to use it against her.

No. They establish in Infinity War that using the stones when they are in the gauntlet requires that he close his fist. Every time he uses them you can see the specific stones being activated glowing. The reason he pulled the power stone out is because Carol was holding his hand open, preventing him from using them. Tony pulls a similar move in the fight on Titan. He sticks a little nano-tech gadget on Thanos's hand that forces it open.

The movie gauntlet isn't like the comic one. You aren't bestowed with the combined power of the stones just by wearing it. It's a device that can be used to activate them.

I don't understand how Thanos without a single stone bodied Thor, cap and Iron Man

thanos without a stone bodied hulk, he's super fucking tough and fast for a big guy

not making him some gauntlet-babby was the right call

in Thanos quest, Thanos mentions that without the power gem to back up the others, the powers of the other gems alone is considerably more limited and subtle. I assume the same go for the stones.

Without the Stones, Thanos stepped to Silver Surfer.

But if he's basically a Hulk by nature how come they fought him to kind of a standstill twice in IW? Shouldn't his race have conquered the entire universe?

Thanos is a mutant among the Titans.

Says the guy who thinks that random dusting is cool.

Hes a big fish in a small galaxy. His species died from starvation and infighting without intersteller travel.

>Thanos or any of the Avengers didn't use the Soul Stone to bring anyone back

They should've never gave them fuckers space travel.

Big deal, so Thanos summoned Meteor.

Wrong

You know what would have been cool? The Thanos they fought in IW was just a clone made from the Gauntlet. It shows how strong the gauntlet is while making it possible for a fight.

It couldn't stand up to Stormbreaker either. It's garbage.

The movie gauntlet has requirements. Comic book one didn't.

Lmao these dumb ass reasons. She caught him unaware and had the gauntlet partially off. He couldnt use any stones so he palmed the power stone with his other hand and btfo captain marvel

The Russo's specifically said he would of won on titan without the gauntlet

You would probably presume correctly. On its own, the Tesseract needed a cumbersome, immobile hookup and a gigantic energy source just to open a single portal.

This is a weird thing to say considering he bodied her with a single stone.

Based.
Infinity War >>> Endgame

>It was just an expression that he could do it with a snap of his fingers, not literally you need to snap your fingers to use the fucking thing.
I think it's fair to say that the snap was burned pretty heavily into the Avengers' minds. That's just the image they had in their heads and it was the simplest way to activate the Gauntlet, so they went with it.

The coolest thing Thanos did with the gauntlet was tank the Hulk before dunking him so hard he hid inside of Banner for the rest of the movie.

I wonder if those Drax and Mantis transformations were Gunn's idea, wasn't he writing the dialogue for the Guardians scenes?

They managed to catch him for a few seconds. Even if they got the glove off, he probably would've been able to beat the shit out of whoever had it and put it back on. I honestly doubt Strange would be able to teleport Thanos or the Gauntlet away before he either A) Got the Gauntlet back or B) Punched Strange into next year.

This, he could have just used the power stone to bap everybody dead or space them really far away but for the majority of things he was merely putting as much effort as one would in swatting a gnat from their face. Thanos did this only because he knew that he was pretty much fucking invincible even with the one stone he started out with, he simply didn't want to kill anybody when he was going to do the snap very soon (which is also why EG Thanos was way fucking harder for them to fight even when he didn't have any stones on him, that was Thanos when he's actually being serious).

I think it's because Infinity War gave us a really fucking good Thanos, we wanted to see more of that one but instead they kill him off at the very start of Endgame and we have to make due with an inferior Thanos who didn't go through all the things IW Thanos did and therefore lost out on the character development that we loved seeing.

Why did they decide that you couldn't use all the gems without snapping your fingers? It's so fucking stupid

What they should have done was keep Thanos alive so that when his past self comes for the stones he fucking calls him out for falling prey to the very thing he wanted to prevent by atomizing the stones: temptation

I think they wanted the Avengers to be able to win on their own merits as they have done this entire time even when they were fighting other bad guys that used the stones, whereas Thanos was only able to win any of his fights because he was using them so heavily.

why didn't he turn into a fucking?

That's because they faced a Thanos that was 10 years younger and actually tried to outright kill everybody instead of just being slightly annoyed by their attacks as he ran around collecting the stones.

I'm a bit disappointed that Ant-Man never got to fight even a little bit against Thanos. He was written out of the battle too early imo.

Attached: wgv5n2u9wr401.jpg (640x800, 56K)

Apparently the movie thought so too because it tried to bring Giant Man back even after Scott left the fight.

Yeah, that was mistake but a cool one.

Attached: EYZ6NrL.jpg (2240x1080, 796K)

Apparently the Soul Stone in MCU is more of just a magguffin than something actually useful

Yeah, and in that scene he IS using the glove/stones.

>tfw no terraxia or iron head

Attached: D2B9DCEE-7A97-4F83-9C88-9138E71B1810.jpg (392x193, 142K)

Thats nothing compared to poor DraXXX getting cucked out of his justice.

Thanos is an unusually powerful variant (Deviant) of an already god-like race. He's VERY tough without any mcguffins.

Maybe Hank was part of the fighting

Oh that too. Honestly, I think no one would have complained if they had made a longer final battle with a three-act structure. That would have allowed for every character to shine.

Yes, and EG still did pick up even when younger Thanos came into it properly.

Or Maybe Cassie stole one of her dad's suits

Thanos did some pretty insane shit with something as simple as a sword with two blades. He honestly never needed the stones to kick everyone's ass.

Did anyone else think that when the Ancient One knocked Banner out of his body Hulk was going to "come to" Banner-free?

Or do I just not get how Hulk and Banner work?

Will Aunt May have aged faster than usual in those five years? Will she at least have white hair now?

Loki opened a portal just by holding the Tesseract.

He has to close his fist to use the stones dumbass. Carol was forcing his hand open.

didnt this create a new time line? Or is it assumed that Steve fixed it so that Loki didnt get away with the tesseract?
If not then that means there is an alternate time line and That is Loki's new TV show.
What about Thanos. He went to the future and now Thanos's past self left a timeline with no thanos.

well he did need his ship. Both Marvel and Scarlet witch could fuck him up.

>best use of reality and space powers in battle was done in opposition to Thanos
I get the feeling Dr. Strange could have used the gauntlet without any problems if he had the chance.

Attached: 7su1yc5c3bg11.png (800x480, 327K)

I bet she got dusted too so they won't have to touch on her having to mourn Pete and all that

I double strange could, mainly it seems that he couldnt even touch them, there has to be an item connecting the user to the stones. And for any mortal its fatal.

That just raises further questions

Like how did that whole families that got snapped manage to keep possession of their property, like Aunt May's apartment, if no one was paying rent?

Speaking of Scarlet Witch, the way she nearly killed Thanos showed that Ebony Maw could do so as well right? Just speaks volumes about Thanos and his charisma to have a guy like that be loyal to him.

>Or is it assumed that Steve fixed it so that Loki didnt get away with the tesseract?
There'd be no point in showing Loki escaping at all, and it'd be shitty to resolve that offscreen. I think all this shit just created multiple timelines. It's the only thing that makes sense.

It depends on who's the better telekinetic. Maw or Wanda?

Just kidding, it's clearly Maw

that's what I thought. Isnt Loki getting his own TV show?
and there is a time line with out thanos and still has the infinity stones.

Maw is a jobber though.

I dont think so, because it seems Maw could only affect inanimate things around his body.

Didn't he throw Cull Obsidian?

ok so what I figured how time travel works is like the Root system of a tree. You have the prime root that you can travel back and forth on but when you make an alteration the root sprouts another path but keeping a connection to the prime Root, and some roots tangle together only to become one again with other branches from altered roots.

Maw has better control and precision

Wanda is more powerful and can hit harder

I really can recall, because he wouldnt have needed to slap Strange to a slab of concrete to make off with him right? I cant remember, if anything I dont think he has the kind of power Wanda has since hers came from the tesseract too.

Do people not realize that you need to take pictures through a lense of your fucking 3D glasses?

that's why I didnt see it in 3d. it ussually sucks

>and some roots tangle together only to become one again with other branches from altered roots.
In the context of timelines that sounds cataclysmic. Or it could just cause some Berenstain Bear fuckery.

it's because time lines seem to inter twine together again only to seperate. Kind of like how there is a singularity at work that draws them together only to seperate them. I think that singularity is time travel itself.

hawkeye held the soul stone tho

shit that's true, but I doubt they could hold all of them. Seems the power stone is the one that really fucks people up and over loads them.

also there was an user screaming there was only one time line, which makes no sense, I mean the prime timeline sure, but that doesnt mean time travel mistakes made new ones.

What does the mind stone do, besides brainwash people as a scepter

fags

basically allows the user to peer into peoples minds and manipulate them, when brought to gather with the gauntlet allows omnipotence

Sort of wish the follow up to Infinity War had been a more proper Infinity Gauntlet adaptation, just for stuff like that. But of course, that would be another Thanos-centric movie, and not the avengers-focused heroic send-off people wanted.

I mean, your options become inherently more limited the more characters are involved in a fight.

He never wanted the Gauntlet to be an ass-kicker, just specifically for his wipe-out-half-the-universe plot.

thing is just the snap was enough to nearly kill him. Then destroying the stones after too. So the whole omnipotence wouldnt serve much of a purpose since MCU thanos is a Moral fag in his own right.

Just handwave it in there being such a huge abundance of property now no one needed such a dinky little apartment

I feel like this is a hook to bring Loki back at some point, just like past gammora will probably get soul stoned with "present" gammora or something.

This is because Endgame had the burden of providing a conclusion to IW and an epilogue for the entire MCU. It's a bloated piece of shit because it wasn't allowed to be it's own movie. It had to be like 5 different movies.

How come no one on Yea Forums is talking about the potential for Dr.Strange 2? if Mordo wasn't snapped that means he essentially had 5 years to kill off most of the other wizards that weren't in the Endgame fight, do you guys think they'll have him team up with Dormammu?

Attached: Mordo.jpg (241x413, 32K)

He didn't use the stones for that. It was all Thanos. Thanos bodies the Hulk and Thor in the comics every time they fight.

>Has the power to manipulate time and space, can alter reality at a whim, even the act of decrease and increase the time flow is possible
>Resort to punching shit everytime like the retarded nigger that he is

It is Vision all over again

I dont even like Dr Strange 1

>Thanos didn't use the Mind Stone to mind control the whole universe to use less resources and be happy about it

Strange is weird because the first Dr Strange movie is one of the weakest in the franchise but Strange is an overall very important supporting character in a bunch of other movies.

No.

A good retcon would be that you have to concentrate and visualize a reality, but he was too angry so brute forced his way with the other gems.

My brother brought up a strange point, since Tony Stark managed to make a gauntlet that could wield all the stones, does that mean he can make weapons fit for gods?

lel not anymore

Because Russos are hacks. They directed 3-4 watchable action scenes from CA2 ->EG

Contextually it is but go off

the movie digs into that, before endgame they were always referred to as seperate entities. Professor hulk we see in endgame is a result of banner accepting that they are both parts of the one individual whole.

Okay as much as its a dogshit replacement for EMH, the Time Stone aging Thor to Odin status and Thanos shitting his pants to change him back is pretty fucking cool

He has to close fist to use stone' power dumbass. Like you didn't watch IW at all. The whole fight on Titan, they tried to stop Thanos from closing his fist. A character even said that outloud for you

Without gauntlet, Thanos should beat everyone on Earth but Odin-force Thor.

The plot was, and still is, half-assed and pathetic to the point that it doesn't even follow the rules established in the same movie.
Characterization was shit - an example: no elaboration of Dr Hulk whatsoever, just breakfast, nonsense and dabs. By extension, the filler was also extremely painful. Two hours and the story only picked up in the last hour & half.
Infinity War was meh, but Endgame was boring.

Attached: FDA2BDCFA2D94ECFA1F55108CAD439FB.jpg (464x661, 78K)

No fuck off, it's a great movie.

>Thanos makes a tear filled love confession to Mistress Death
>dramatic music swells
>Mistress Death looks at him for a moment
>kicks him in the balls
>record scratch
>everyone says "OOOOOOOOOH" in unison
>all the guys cross their legs in sympathy pain
>Rocket Raccoon puts his paws over his eyes and whimpers
>Black Widow quips "THAT'S GOTTA HURT"
>close up on Thanos's face with him cross eyed
>he says in a silly high pitched voice while looking in the camera
>"Wowie zowie! Riiiiiiiiight in my Infinity Stones!"
>Cut to Stan Lee's corpse
>"Nuff said!"
>credits

Honestly what the fuck are they gonna do with Gamorra in GotG3. They reset her entire arc and she's essentially a different character.

She'll met og Gamoras ghost who tells her to not act like a bitch in front of her family.

but it doesn't come across that way at all, Hulk was his own character but in Endgame it looks more like Hulks personality got erased and it just became Banner with Hulks body

Why this and all the variations of this so stupidly funny? I think it's the zowie wowie

soul stone probably has its own logic to it, given you make the sacrifice to weild it

>They reset her entire arc and she's essentially a different character.
What arc? Only thing what happened with her is falling in love with Peter.